A lot of you entitled fucks often say indie games are bad because they are indie games

a lot of you entitled fucks often say indie games are bad because they are indie games
tho can you give me no less than 1 (one) good reason, backed by proper arguments, why indie games are inherently bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KZokQov_aH0&t=27m43s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They are for nu-males.

>Doesn't actually have good indie games in the OP pick
Bait thread

i can give you more names in case someone says that all of those are bad though

>1001 spikes
>la-mulana
>cave story
>iji
>spelunky (original or not)
>Knytt series
>jamestown
>volgarr
>dustforce
>lisa
>VVVVVV
>darkest dungeon
>freedom planet
>shovel knight
>teleglitch

as an indie game developer, indie games are amazing, and we are more talented than AAA faggots

pls leave Phil Fish

phil fish is a faggot too

I don't have one. There are a lot of shitty indie games. There are also a lot of shitty AAA titles.

>1001 spikes
this one is actually pretty good

Limbo fucking sucked. I got it for free, and I feel like I wasted money.

>finish it
>aha, just kidding, here's a complete new map

fucking video-games and their surprises

Read fish's tweets and tell me with a straight face that isn't the most hilarious shit
Changing his avatar to kaufman was probably a "I was only pretending to be retarded!" move (or an attempt to play both sides and retain some dignity) , but if you read his tweets like they're a joke they're top tier bants

can we all agree like adults and say that FEZ was a 7/10 ok game?
I know you just hate it cause Fish is the king of cunts but come on

There are many bad indie games, but there are also many good indie games. When an indie game is bad, it's usually because the devs are loud whiny douchebags trying to make """"art"""". When an indie game is good, it usually completely destroys the competition. For example,

>in 2012 FTL utterly demolished games like Kid Icarus: Uprising and Xenoblade Chronicles singlehandedly
>in 2013 Bit Trip Runner 3 devastated even the biggest AAA trash like Wonderful 101, Mario 3D World, Uncharted and Halo
>2014, Shovel Knight singehandedly bitchslapped games like Bayonetta 2 and Donkey Kong: Tropickle Cheese
>2015, Steel Strider and Supercharged Robot Vulkaiser wasted The Witcher 3, Xenoblade X, Splatoon, Bloodborne, and Halo 5
>2016, AM2R is so damn good, that it's now embarassing triple A trash once again, from TMS to Uncharted again, Pokemon GO, and Overwatch

Indies, when they're actually good, can't be beat.

>indie games are inherently bad?

But they're not.

>Read fish's tweets and tell me with a straight face that isn't the most hilarious shit
You mean his shit tier bantz? It's not funny at all. He geniunely seems upset. Have you seen him in the indie game documentary? He's an outspoken, overly emotional, and super passive aggressive numale.
Let me show you some real bantz

>why indie games are inherently bad?
I'm not into cellphone games.

Can someone give me a list of the "essentials" of indie games on steam and good games in general? Finally got a job recently and am able to
Splurge on games.
Already thinking of getting
>binding of Isaac
>nuclear throne
>ori and the blind forest
>rocket league
>cities skylines
>terraria
>hotline Miami

Kerbal Space Program

>everything by Astro Port
>Luftrausers
>la Mulana (if you can find elsewhere to download it, get the original. it's for free)
>Cave Story (unless you want the free version. see above)
>The Desolate Hope
>Crimson Clover
>FTL
>Shovel Knight
>Axiom Verge
>Freedom Planet if you don't mind the furries
>Chantelise
>Fortune Summoners
>Recettear

I don't know if some of these count as indie, but they're small enough companies so I count them.

enter the gungeon

>Entitled

Stopped reading there.

>braid and super meat boy
>not good

Indie games can be great. Sadly, there are a lot of bad ones.
Good thing is, the good ones are really good and really cheap. And basically my whole library.
Indie games are a lifesaver for a poorfag!

>Image contains Hotline Miami, Bastion, Magicka and FTL
>"None of those are good"
Bait post

He said it only to trigger you. It didn't even have any relevance to his retarded "point".

just because you can splurge, wait for sales, don't be a dumb cunt and waste money.

the original msx-inspired la-mulana is quite different from the one in sale, and i would recommend trying the 2012 remake that is on sale before going into the original.

>ACfag
not fucking again

Indie games are no different than any other game in that a significant portion of games are bad but there are some good ones.

Also OP, your image has Fez in it. You should've removed that. Now people will think you're baiting.

I phrased the op in a way that was meant to sound challenging
I don't think indie games are inherently bad, and I wanted to call out the entitled fucks who think so on their bullshit
that image is the first result for "indie games" images on google that included game covers
I haven't even played most of these, including fez

Problem?

You said it, they suck.

>being a fucking nu-male
Kys

I don't think indie games are inherently bad, but I do think a lot more entitled fucks have come from them, so the few bad developers are ruining the scene for those who make good products.

Problem??

Remember when indie games used to just be free flash games where they were making simple but sometimes unique games for no money at all?
But now indie games are " "retro" " pretentious garbage where the devs can't stop jerking themselves in public or overpriced pieces of shit like the Witness or NMS that are worse than free flash games.
What happened?

>NMS
>indie

Shitty flash games are still getting made.
>remember this time when all we'd get from small game developers are shitty flash games
Yes. Good riddance.

>Apples and oranges

Dumb anarchoposter

Yeah, now we have flash games that cost $10 - $15 instead of being free
what a time to be alive

>not just not buy them

>implying there still aren't thousands of free flash games being pumped out
Have you not heard of kongregate or any of the other indie game websites? Newgrounds is still kicking, too

Literally just direct anyone who says that to La-Mulana.

>the witness
>overpriced
>worse than shitty flash
boy you must be stupid
dont project your low iq onto the rest of this board
it's an incredible game

>sweaty dev goes on the fucking late show
>"indie"

>the witness
>good
>worth fourty freedom dollars
Wew, lad
Yeah no thanks. I don't need to "experience" another 2DEEP4U pretentious beta male game. I don't want to spend my money for the opportunity to blow JBlow's ego.
A flash game would literally be more fun than this piece of shit and cost me nothing

>witness
>a game

There are some indie games Cred Forums loves though like cave story and la mulana. L

Woah... What a BRAVE, PROGRESSIVE, and INTELLIGENT developer!

There's no one reason inherent to them, but all those games still suck for various reasons.

I thought Darkest Dungeon was okay but not amazing. All those games suck too.

can't we just stop giving a shit outside of the question "is this game good Y/N"

the witness isnt another gone home. it's a puzzle game set in a very nice world. it's a great puzzle game at that, with fun mechanics and really creative elements.
but no, you wouldnt appreciate a game for smart people, since it's not the latest halo.
i dont understand what your point is.
saying "lol lets mock him for disliking apelike violence" is like saying "lol lets mock him for being a dork who likes video games"
essentially, you're just another jock. except you like CoD.

How often do sales come about? Every week? Month?

>i dont understand what your point is.
>saying "lol lets mock him for disliking apelike violence" is like saying "lol lets mock him for being a dork who likes video games"
>essentially, you're just another jock. except you like CoD.
No YOU don't get it.
In all the Jblow interviews, he's made a narrative of how all modern games are just full of violence and extremely shallow and stupid. When Braid came out he made himself a kind of messiah for SUPER DEEP, COMPLEX, NOT SHALLOW games.
But the fact that he writes off a bunch of games because of surface visuals like violence means that he actually doen't understand games at all.

It's like if he looked a fighting game match and said "GROSS! THIS IS JUST A VIOLENCE SIMULATOR! YOU NEED TO PLAY MY SHITTY VIOLENCE FREE HIPSTER SIMULATORS CUZ THEY ARE BETTER THAN UR FIGHTING GAMES" without understanding the mechanics and systems underneath which makes players think through different strategies and tactics.

He'd also the type person who thinks gone homo is the BESTEST game ever just cuz it has an SJW coat of paint on the laziest piece of shit ever with no mechanics.

Also he thinks game genres should be emotional instead of mechanics based, so he's just a stupid, pretentious piece of shit that gets too much attention.

He sounds like a prissy fag. Enjoying killing is to be expected from any healthy human male. If you don't enjoy it at all, I question your mental health / masculinity as a male.

>you wouldnt appreciate a game for smart people, since it's not the latest halo.
Oh yeah can't forget this
>Jblow says he doesn't want to waste the player's time
>One puzzle forces you to wait NEARLY AN ENTIRE HOUR for you to solve it.
Yeah, I think I'll pass on this SMART GAME FOR SMART GAMERS

hmm you posted the video again good job
i still havent gotten the gist of why the witness is a bad game
it's probably one of the best designed pieces of media ever composed, on par with famous classical music, popular theatre, and bestseller literature
but no, you're really mad because you're too dumb to understand the game.
also, you dont have to wait an hour. you need 2 things: a sense of perspective and the ability to know when to come back after completing other tasks on the island.
Fortunately, people with intelligence have both. neanderthals, on the other hand, will have difficulties with the challenges that the witness proposes, and very little appreciation for the art that it is while still managing to be incredibly cozy and fun.
memes
that makes more sense. fighting games are strategic and deeper than violence, I guess, but also there are a lot of games that bank on violence as being the only level of depth, including most first person shooters.
to be fair, the witness is a puzzle game, as well as braid, which often present far more depth and nuance than any other genre of games, just because of the nature of their gameplay. there's not a lot you can do to argue that blow's games are "shitty hipster simulators" because again, they arent That Dragon Cancer or Firewatch or Everyones Gone to the Rapture, they are puzzle games with proper mechanics and actual fun and entertaining and incredibly strategic gameplay.
>inb4 puzzle != gameplay
no, that's just not an argument.

>Enjoying killing is to be expected from any healthy human male. If you don't enjoy it at all, I question your mental health / masculinity as a male.

>on par with famous classical music, popular theatre, and bestseller literature

You do realize that those things are boorish dreck that was composed for plebs, right? Kinda throws a wrench into your whole "games for very smart people" thesis

>no teleglitch
Fuck you

Just looked him up on Wikipedia.

>Blow has spoken out against some games for immoral game design. On World of Warcraft, he has said it causes societal problems by creating a false image of the meaning of life, calling it "unethical."[25] On Farmville, he has said that the design of the game reveals the developers' goal to degrade the quality of players' lives, ultimately calling it "inherently evil."[26]
What a clown.

I can't justify my SLI GTX 1080s with them.