What if Nintendo never existed?

What if Nintendo never existed?

Nintendo is poo poo pee pee caca

I probably would have never gotten into gaming.

This would be a good thing.

Sega would have become as evil as them.

I'm fine with how things turned out.

Another company would have swept in in time and "revolutionized" gaming. The advancements of technology were inevitable; it was simply a question of who would capitalize first.

Gaming wouldn't of been as big in the states as it was.

I mean yeah, a company would of managed to bring things out of the big crash but it wouldn't be as soon and probably not as effective as what happened IRL.

Mass suicides through the roof.

Arcade gaming wouldn't have died as quickly over here.

>Gaming wouldn't of been as big in the states as it was
So you're saying if Nintendo wasn't around, normalfags would have never destroyed the video game industry?

Gaming may have only been a PC market, which may be a good thing. Keeps it niche.

Some other company would have reinvigorated the industry eventually. That company would be just as big as Nintendo and be thought of in the same way. It just wouldn't be Nintendo. Honestly I don't think much would change. Maybe advancements in video game technology wouldn't be quite as far but that's about it.

Cred Forums would have less to complain about so maybe there would be more eceleb threads?

The industry would likely be dead

Video games would be regulated by vice-squads / the ATF.

There would never have been a "gaming industry." All you'd be able to play for a loooong time would be indie tier games, some which are good but you can do that now anyways without having to worry about "normalfags."

Then I would've grown up with SEGA consoles, with them still releasing consoles to this day. Nintendo also played a role with Sony entering the console race, so that history would've been altered as well.

Maybe Sega would have ended up taking that role.

Assuming they mess up the plan just like Nintendo did, but things could actually work out with them working together. Meanwhile we get to enjoy CD-i Sonic.

This. And for that to happen that company would have needed to utilize the same procedures as Nintendo. That means there would have been quality control, iron clad contracts, and a monopoly on their hardware.

Sega most likely wouldn't have been able to pull themselves up from the crash to do it, a lot of their assets early were in arcades, which were also being effected by the crash.

>in b4 those idiots that think Sony/Playstation would be a thing still if Nintendo weren't around

>First ones to make 2D movement fun.
>First ones to make 3D movement fun.
>Was the platform for the first fun console FPS.
Gaming would well behind design wise.

gaming will be pc only

Would they? Remember the ploy with that fucking robot and gun just to get stores to stock the thing. Would any other company blatantly disregard their own test audiences and somehow make a hit?

Handheld market would likely not exist, gaming would be a niche hobby on the PC, and the market would be exclusively dominated by grimdark scifi/fantasy games. Xbox and Playstation would not exist period.

>no sony
>no microsoft
>gaymen ded

Then I would have never gotten he-man on the gameboy

Home console market crashes and never recovers.
SEGA would have quickly and severely stagnated, but survive in the arcades.
Atari would still be kicking.
Sony would have never gotten into the video game business.
Microsoft would have tried to aggressively push PC gaming.

We can't really know how different things would be, everything would have been new. It's an entire alternate history.

The Home computer market would have boomed in the rest of the world instead, like it did in Europe. Commodore would have taken the US market easily and never gone bankrupt. Amstrad and Spectrum would have launched with US businesses investing in them. Japanese companies would keep making Arcade games and outsourcing Arcade conversions to European and US development, while Japan would have primarily stayed on the Microsoft MSX platform.

Inevitably home computer platforms would converged sooner with Commodore replacing their own systems with Windows (Or likely being straight up bought out by Microsoft) and gaming would have remained on PC's targeted towards living room use with the system inside the keyboard instead of consoles.