It feels like forever since I really enjoyed a single player game...

It feels like forever since I really enjoyed a single player game. Recommend me the best single player game you have ever played.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KGebmlDlB1k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cave Story.

Max Payne 1 and 2, Final Fantasy Tactics.

THPS 4 or Chronno Trigger

fpbp

Civilization V
Bioshock trilogy
Call of duty 4
Hotline Miami
Dark Souls
Red Dead Redemption
GTA San Andrea
Dead Space
>Thats all I can think right now

I liked Advent Rising but the best single player experience I've evr had was Resident Evil probably.

/thread

Blade of MOTHERFUCKING darkness

Dragon Quest VIII
Chrono Trigger
Suikoden II
Metroid II
Ocarina of Time
Red Dead Redemption

You have shit taste

Try something good instead like:
Super Mario RPG

>Read Dead Redemption

Way to blow it nerd

Starts with G and ends with H. It's single player only.

>You have shit taste
Why?

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Literally the best duology I have ever played. Soon to be a trilogy in the West once the 3rd game is localized.

Try the Umihara Kawase series.

Borderlands is okay

Kingdom Hearts 2
InFamous series
Shadow of Mordor
Grand Theft Auto 5
Section 8: Prejudice
Saints Row 3 and 4

I like games that don't require a lot of effort, for max comfort

>how dare someone like anything but muh Jap games!

Not gonna list the best but gonna list some solid single players.

Vanquish
Binary Domain
Doom 4
Metro series
The Evil Within
Quake 4

RDR is just boring dude, accept it.

I don't give a shit where a game is made. However, French-Canada seems to be particularly good at ruining games.

>My opinions are facts
See m8

Can't choose just one.

GTA IV
Sleeping Dogs
MGR: Revengeance
the Riddick games
Dead Space
Shadows of the Damned
almost any RE game
SH 1-3, Homecoming and Downpour are decent
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut
Castlevania: LoS 2
Fallout New Vegas
Bioshock
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
any AC but Black Flag, Unity, and Syndicate

Tales of Maj Eyal
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath
Thief 2 The Metal Age
Blood
Condemned Criminal Origins

Not enough people gave TEE a fair chance.

Max Payne 2
Literally made for "Single"player

*TEW

The boss fight with the two Boxheads is amazing.

what teh fuck. a fucking newgrounds platformer on steam. kill yuorself

Half-life series. 1 is my favorite.
Unreal (1998)
Fallout 1,2, and New Vegas
KOTOR 1 & 11
FEAR
Metro
Jedi Outcast & Dark forces

WItcher 3

/thread

>RDR is just boring dude, accept it.
Or you can accept that not everyone shares your opinion.

Nice AAA cancer there, ignore this unless you enjoy playing the same game since 2008

kill yourself, fanboy

Weak bait.

no fuck you it's a shit game. you can't compare a fucking indie pixelshit 2d game to any AAA game released in the past two decades

>he fell for the Infinite is bad meme

All of them, its better than all of them.

The Darkness

Kirby's Epic Yarn. Maximum comfy.

It's not a meme, shitter.

Umihara Kawase

Infamous is fucking amazing.

this pleb taste

>Undertale is still relevant
>posting in Cred Forums

I can't wait to see this shitstorm honestly

>muh opinion is superior
What games do you like?

All the Naughty Dog games are fucking great single player experiences. Inb4
>game
>t. Meming parrots

Underrail

>All the Naughty Dog products are fucking great single experiences
FTFY

>Naughty Dog
>games
I enjoy Jax and Daxter and Crash Bandicoot games too.

Shadow of the Colossus

Persona 4.

I don't consider them people, checkmate atheist.

Fallout 4

Dragon Quest VII remake came out two days ago. And its 100+ hours long. Play that.

there's nothing more pathetically pleb then calling a game boring

It's nothing more then a meme designed to start a circlejerk hate thread.

Dear fucking lord if this isn't a troll post.

Hola shitposter

These are all worth playing/replaying if you haven't lately.

W-who are you unknown person who seemingly has an enthusiasm for Bethesda games?

>ITT: It's popular therfore it's bad

gut yourselves right away

>The Last of Us
>good characters
>good story

Fuck off. You are not just the cancer that's killing video games, you are the cancer that's killing Western culture. I am not memeing, I actually hate you.

>literally "wahh the pc fanbase is bigger than ours"
try porting your game and maybe people will play it, the last of us isn't a system seller

ITT 15 year olds whose first console was a PS3.

hola shill. pls go.

Man, mindless hate/jealousy really will be the downfall of vidya

It's me, John! Let me tell you, Bethesda is a fantastic studio bringing us the greatest RPG's in years. Fallout 4 is just one example of many, though, I HIGHLY recommend buying all of the DLC's, it is well worth the money. Don't buy the season pass, though. It is much better to buy them all separately

>the downfall of vidya
it isnt. it is the gold mine for corporation if anything.

is that why the PS3 overtook the 360s sales after it came out?

It clearly was a system seller. Cred Forums is a small echo-chamber.

Thief: The Dark Project

Ain't that the truth. The continuous rushed AAA cod action third person open world shooter trend is the real cancer here. The blueprint has been found and so creativity is dead. Rip in pepperoni vidya 1980-2008

This. OP, if you ignore everything else in this thread at least have a look at The Darkness. It's the most underrated yet at the same time beloved game of the 7th gen.

In that vein, also take a look at Condemned: Criminal Origins. 6th gen blew the gates off before it became the shitshow that followed through unbroken to gen 8 so that's a really good spot to look for great singleplayer games.

alright maybe an overexaggeration, but any game release that is exclusive with inevitably appeal to someone increasing their sales. it just wasn't dramatic and you are literally crying because nobody has played it and are talking about a fucking borderlands visual novel over it

ITP mid-late twenties "RETRO IS THE ONLY WAY" gamer, who is afraid to move on

no one is going to think less of you for enjoying something new, you sperg

>nobody has played it

That's not true, many people on Cred Forums have they just can't talk about because of the "movie game"/console war shitposters

It's regarded fondly on /vg/.

Bioshock Infinite, probably

>any JRPG
>good

I rather play with a DVD menu. They are in the same tier as movie games and walking simulators to me.

Turn based combat is shit.

i really don't see the problem then

Thanks John that's sounds swell! I'll be sure to buy all Bethesda games from now on, never on sale of course! And you're telling me there is is cut content being resold to me for more money too?! Please take all my money I sell my life for!

Batman: Arkham (any of them)

I recognize their flaws, so i can't say they are the best games i have played, but they are still my favorite vidya of all time, if that makes sense.

Thanks for sharing

this

Underhell is easily the best SP shooter of the decade and its criminal how few people played it

If new AAAA games were good, I would enjoy them. But they're not, so I don't. I tried playing GTAV and Witcher 3 at the beginning of this year, for example, and they were both shit. Just not fun or engaging at all. It's embarrassing that anyone praises them for "good writing" and "good characters".

Meanwhile I can pick up certain old games like Super Metroid and play them for the first time and immediately fall in love with them, no nostalgia required.

It's not like I hate all new games just on principle. Undertale and Danganronpa 2 are both amazing games. Yeah yeah, indie shit and weeb shit, whatever, fuck you. It's not my fault that Western AAA games are such shit.

>the bulk of the recommendations are Jap grindfests that barely even sell in their home territory anymore thanks to mogabe
The pistol is in my mouth. Goodbye Cred Forums.

>having adhd

NeverEver Borne

Here's a list of single-player PC games I enjoyed. I'm deliberately listing a wide variety of shit because I don't know what you like.

F.E.A.R.
Alan Wake
Dead Space (turn off Vsync and force it using third-party software)
L.A. Noire
Bastion
Max Payne
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Scratches (might not be available on the Steam store anymore)
Sleeping Dogs
Shadow Warrior (2013)
Crysis
Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi (if you like old games and vampires) (it regularly gets discounted to $0.99 on Steam)
Overlord
Crypt of the NecroDancer
Heretic
The Binding of Isaac

>still being 13 years old

>skipping MP3

>not having ADHD and having your favorite genre be dungeon crawlers

>It's not my fault that Western AAA games are such shit.

They aren't, you just happen to prefer outdated boring pixelshit, meanwhile, i literally can't go back to play them when AAA modern games are just better. Each to their own.

Hitman: Blood Money

There are way too many great single player games from the past 15 years, so I can't really choose one, and I don't want to give you a stupid huge list that you won't bother reading.

So I'll just list one good single player (story) game I enjoyed thoroughly in recent history. The only one that left any impression on me, since most games are online or trash.

Life is Strange
Yes, it's actually good. 99% of Cred Forums-tier shitposts "criticizing" this game are from people who never played it or gave it a chance, then read a 1 paragraph summary so they could pretend to know what they're talking about. very few critics ever actually give good reasoning for their arguments.

youtu.be/KGebmlDlB1k

I would click that to see what cringeworthy shit you posted, but I don't want youtube recommending me videos based on my view history containing that garbage.

>Section 8: Prejudice
Now that's one you don't hear very often.

cuz its trash

It was a good 6 hours of playing through the singleplayer

>Recommend me the best single player game you have ever played

Parasite Eve.

It's the perfect video game, in fact. I'm not even joking. It's great, go play it.

any recommendations for a game with good character customization like saints row, dragons dogma, or dragon age

That's okay, it's more aimed towards anyone who's taking your post seriously, even slightly

I always wished her face wasn't pixelated to the point of a 2d spirte when I played but now I think it was for the best

Ok kid. Glad to know you assume anyone cares about your memes when they can form their own opinions instead.

Every Call of Duty except MW3 has a fantastic single player.

MW2 is best one.

>memes
Funny you would say that

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Morrowind
Deus Ex
Kotor 2
Dead Space
Dragon's Dogma
Fallout: NV
Mirror's Edge (1)
Lost Planet
JSRF
Megadimension Neptunia VII

It's not "the best", but it's an answer you probably won't hear from others: Resident Evil: Revelations 2. Did you like RE4? Great! It's more of that, with an awesome raid mode. Controls feel great. All the missions will keep you entertained for hours. Decent challenge. Nice gem of a game to a typically panned franchise.

Play Condemned: Criminal Origins, user. Maybe Alan Wake as well. It would have been great with better combat/enemy variety but it's still good.

Resident Evil 4
Max Payne 2
Alan Wake
Valkyria Chronicles
Chrono Trigger
Dead Space
Bioshock Trilogy
System Shock 2
Deus Ex 1 and HR

Just get an emulator OP and play all the best classic games while you're at it.

More like avoid every AC game but Black Flag.

Jedi knight 2 jedi outcast
Thief 1+2
Half life 1+2
System shock 2
Mischief makers for n64
Zelda ocarina of time
Golden sun 1+2 for gba
Stalker CoP
Undertale
Bastion
Hotline miami

It wasn't as good. Max spent the entire game saying the same shit over and over again, the whole game was cover shooting, and there were unskippable cut scenes every minute.

stupid fucking Nintendo shills

Wow, someone in this thread who doesn't have shit taste, I'm impressed.

Black Flag has the most tailing missions in the series.

>Bioshock Trilogy
>Trilogy

and?

>Max Payne 2
>not 1
pleb

Modded Sim City 4. Just watch out for dependencies.

Infinite is shit.

nice meme

Crusader Kings II, with the Historical Immersion Project mod.

I mean 2 is objectively better in every way and if you like 2 it's basically a given to play 1.

>only argument is "meme"
Tell me why it's ass good as or better than the first two.

CIV 5 , Mount and Blade Warband

It's not as good or better.

It's a fine game, that's all.

Not gonna say FNV because that's probably already here so... Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction