>vampires
>half beast men
>teleportation and telekinesis
>superhumans
>cowboys
>roller blading explosives expert boss
>beekeeper boss

>"Zombies? That is uh too far-aruuuuu!"

Why do people idolize this hack? Does he honestly believe he's that good at writing and world building?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uY_6yAjF3Co?t=1m22s
twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/329002165068779520
twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/376424398023962624
eurogamer.net/articles/kojimas-mad-zombie-game-idea
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>zombie-like beings
they're zombies lets face it
the only difference to the zombies in MGSV and the zombies in MGSurvive is the fact that you can't cure the MGSurvive zombies, as far as we know

Zombies are too normal for MG.

Metal Gear Survive has nothing to do with the world or story of Metal Gear, it's obviously Konami trying people to buy a game because it has "Metal Gear" in the title

It's not that its too far you disgus, its that its too normal.

Zombies are generical as fuck, metal gear is supposed to be bizzare.

They aren't even zombies, they have some shit on their head.

Kojima is a fucking retard all the same.

some of those niggas dont have heads anymore, im pretty sure that isnt curable

wow so insightful

So instead you can put zombies in the game, but not call them zombies?

It's okay when Kojima does it.

I tried to type out that list, except including the MGS4 "EVERYTHING IS NANOMACHINES", but I typed nanomachines so many times that it thinks my post is spam

But aren't creatures basically zombies but with crystals instead of heads? They're basically zombies with a different skin.

Anyway, what do people think about Survive? I genuinely think it might be fun and I'm interested in a survival game with crafting that isn't in fucking Early Access for once. My only worry is that the entire game might be designed around multiplayer co-op...

>ITT a bunch of fags who think they know what belongs and what doesn't better than creator of the series.

but MGS has normal dudes with guns too among other common enemies, and the zombies of the survive game are unique in their design, we dont even know what are they exactly

Those rings that surround the player reminded me of the ones in Peace Walker, which makes me want Co-Op In to somehow be added in. The Cure menu is essentially a simplified version of the one in MGS3 but it still looks like it'll get annoying

Hopefully there will be more shit that isn't taken seriously, like the silly Peace Walker items

You mean the crystals?

It's honestly not the first time a zombie, or even just undead being, has existed in metal gear.

Sounds like the work of the LaLiLuLeLo.

>by virtue of being the creator of something you're are the only authority on the matter
Deckard's a replicant

ITT: Kojima shills attempt to protect their over rated hack of a shit writer.

ITT: Konami shills attempt to protect shit game cash in.

steven spielberg and george lucas would agree with you

Can't wait to see Kojima's next game flop so these shills will fuck off

like the David Hayter fags

Not excited in the least bit for mgs. Just hate all the drones coming out spewing their retarded logic and bias to protect a fucking phony

just because you are too dumb to understand his intricate stories, doesn't make him a bad guy

>Inricate
>needing intelligence to understand mgs' story

Gr8 b8 m8

FOUR PERSON CARDBOARD TANK

MAKE IT HAPPEN

A WEAPON TO SURPASS METAL GEAR

ACTUALLY FUCK IT, A CARDBOARD METAL GEAR

The supernatural elements in Kojima games all exhibit similar characteristics - overwhelming power, aura of terror, exotic mystery, feelings of dread, mutated beyond the bounds of human evolution, an origin tied to humankind, an aspect of savagery which reflects those human origins, etc.

This is just dumb zombies. You can't argue with this. Either it's a dumb game or a dumb fun game, and that's as far as this product can go.

You mean these are just like the bug-people special forces you fight in MGSV just without head. Wow, truly ruined if only Kojima made them and said "no it's a virus not zombies" then it would be all better.

Careful user, logic often frightens the Kojima drone.

Jesus christ, you drones truly are amazing at pulling this philosophical shit out of your ass.

Kojima could shit on a paper plate and you shills would say it's a representation of struggle and determination.

MGS always had a bunch of paranormal and fantastical things, but not to the point where it ever really overtook the political, military and espionage aspects of it.

Those things just happened to be very memorable due to how strange they were. I know you're baiting but I'm just explaining for those younger memer kids that may take you seriously.

There were never any straight up zombie things with no real explanation to them like in Survive. Not that Kojima should care anyway, it's a spinoff much like Rising was.

That is literally the exact answer I would expect him to give if he was secretly involved. Mark my words- Kojima is behind MG Survive and it is apart of Project OGRE. If what I am claiming turns out to not be true then I will delete my reddit account and hide in shame, and you will never hear from me again. But if and when Kojima is revealed to be the man behind MG Survive and all of this stuff in the media for the last year is proven to be apart of Kojimas ruse, all of you skeptics and deniers, all of you who have been coming on NBGO for the last year and shitting on people who believe in the ruse, each and every one of you better get on your knees and recite what Happy Gilmore says to Chubs (RIP)

It's all part of the ruse.

HOW THE FUCK ARE THESE NOT CONSIDERED ZOMBIES?!?!?!?!?

youtu.be/uY_6yAjF3Co?t=1m22s

>trying people to buy a game because it has "Metal Gear" in the title
But it's ok if you add the word "Revengeance"

They are, but the kojicucks like to say otherwise so their yellow god isn't questioned

Yet Vampires and Cowboys aren't too normal?

What do people have against Metal Gear Survive? It looks like co-op MGSVPP, and that sounds fun.

>Mark my words- Kojima
Every one of you should be gassed

>i totally don't care but I come in to interject my opinion in a topic I have no stake in.

whatever konami cuck

Yeah, that's generally how it works. I mean a series can suddenly have some unbelievable or dumb stuff in it and you have to deal with it because it's canon. That's how this works.

From what I've seen they're mad because of just that + they're bored of zombies.

What, people DON'T want co-op or something? Zombies are hit or miss I guess, but it ain't like the AI in PP was that bright either? Not to mention the gameplay videos so far only have headless creatures and it's implied other types exist. I wouldn't be surprised if ones that have better sight or something exist too.

Because you kojicucks are literally annoying edgy teenagers that thing Konami is this deep, philosophical mastermind when he is just a hack. Now this new spin off comes out, and you fucks NOW decide to criticize aspects that existed in the fucking retards main series?

Pathetic.

>zombies
not one game in history has done zombies right, should just drop the idea

Look at it this way

Konami decided to combine both Silent Hill and MG to try and squeeze a pay day from both markets. MGS 5 was partially a mess and the fanbase went to shit. The shat out SH4 and Downpour, both lacking in quality. Then you drop Kojima's SH and the SH fanbase went to shit. Tag that along side Kojima leaving and Konami decided to double dip for a payday.

Will it be complete shit? Who knows. The storyline is still sounding like a SHxMGS fanfic from an autist Kojima fanatic. But time will tell, I guess.

What if I just think the games are fun, and want to keep having fun, but I'm disappointed everyone is trying really hard not to have fun and just get angry with each other instead?

>Raiden has nothing to do with Metal Gear
You can go play some pachinko machines now, faggot.

I would say the fact that the game is a zombie survival resident evil l4d hybrid is what makes the bigger distinction rather than what type of fictional thing happens to be inserted.

He said "political fiction espionage" Which means the tone and the context would be completely different from the word "SURVIVE"

I don't understand the braindead demographic that keeps buying zombie games.

If that really were true you fucks wouldn't bark at Konami and a game that hasn't even released yet, while simultaneously promoting the retard of a writer and developer who made the originals, when they're just as outrages and stupid as the new one looks to be.

Nah man. I'm the guy who goes "Personally I think it looks fun". I don't care about Konami or Kojima or whatever. I really don't. I liked Phantom Pain, and Survive looks like Phantom Pain but with co op and zombies. It's not like I hate zombies so much I'm going to hate the game too.

I wonder how well this will go though? All you really need is just one idiot who decides to go loud and ends up killing the entire team.

there isnt a whole genre dedicated to vampires or cowboys now is there

ITT: shitposters defend a shitty looking MG-titled CoD Zombie cashgrab just to be contrarian little faggots

There were a lot of zombies in mgs5

vampe was basically a zombie too

>That is literally the exact answer I would expect him to give if he was secretly involved.

The rest of your post sucks, but yeah, it's the most generic and hypocritical answer he could give, to the point that he genuinely looks like a standup comedian. And of course, people will eat it up.

Castlevania
Sunset Riders

Aw, did we upset the kojidrones?

Does anyone remember the love boxes from Peace Walker? I want an orgy box where all four people on a team can fit inside.

I also want a four person cardboard tank. Or a cardboard metal gear.

That sounds amazing. Therefore, it will never happen.

>There are people unironically defending MGSurvive and not seeing it as a lazy cash in by Konami

I honestly don't care if it's a lazy cash in. If the game is fun, I don't care about the bullshit politics behind it.

there's a line between zombie-like beings and a full blown zombie apocalypse with wormholes and shit
Those things only play a small role to make a certain scene more interesting in Kojima's worlds. They've never been important or the focus of the larger plot

He's pretty good at muh "deep plot-twists".

Then mgs4 happened.

Have you played the game? No? Then you don't know what they're gonna do with it explanation wise. And stop trying to justify Kojima doing something even more outlandish or stupid.

>Just hate all the drones coming out spewing their retarded logic and bias to protect a fucking phony

>there are fat virgins out there who are so mad they've been doing damage control for that scam just because they don't like a fanbase
lol, just lol

I have, I played it a year ago and it's called MGSV.
MG Survive is mod-tier, the new animations are awful, and zombie games in general are some of the most creatively bankrupt pieces of shit you could ever make.

Zombies, and zombie games, and zombie media in general, is pure trash.

Its no different than how all of Cred Forums hates Sony shills and drones plagueing the board. Plus 90% of kojicucks are sonyggers so it actually makes sense you are all faggots.

Why would anyone be?

>the entire gaming community is laughing at the incoming bomb that MG Survive is
>Kojima and Shinkawa joined the fun
>Konami suits are probably in the verge of tears
>MGS will die before Konami gets to butcher the franchise to it's core
>Konami's last franchise relevant in the west is going to die
>Kojima is working with Sony now, a company that respects him

Everything that could have gone right, went right.
And on top of that, we have some permavirgin Cred Forumsedditors being mad about it.
It's great.

It is because you neckbeards appeared out of nowhere 2 days ago, the moment that laughable MG Survive gameplay appeared.
Then you went in full damage control mode, being legitimately angry, as if you can feel that the ones posting it are doing it out of pure spite, calling everyone who hated that scam a Kojimadrone.

Where were you all up until now?
Why appear now to defend MG Survive?
Are you being paid?
By the company that's about to see how one of the biggest franchises in gaming dies?
Now that they can finally milk it with no one to oppose them?
And they won't get to see a single cent after waiting so much?

>it looks like shit
OK true.
>it looks like shit. Kojima I'd god and is laughing right now on his throne at Sony HQ, where he belongs. God I can't wait till death stranding©! It's gonna be sooooo amazing!

I'm not defending MGS because it DOES look like shit. I'm saying that Kojima is, was, and always will be a hack that you idiots will always idolize. The dude can smear shit on a canvas and you fucks would call it art.

>What you mean you don't like generic overused ideas?
>KOJIMADRONES REEEEEE

This game will become obscure in the same week it releases.

Because all the craziness is designed to accentuate the themes.
That's like saying "What does some court case and shooting an Arab have to do with Existentialism" or "What does a Lion, A Witch and a Wardrobe have to do with Christianity?"
He didn't nail it down 100% of the time but he had a purpose to what he did.
Even if he basically made each game its own universe with its own set of world-building normals that used the previous games as the history but not the world itself

>thinking Kojima still making games is a good thing.
>thinking Konami will fall
>thinking MGS is that big in the west
>"Kojima is working with Sony now, a company that respects him"

Fucking kek. Thanks for the laugh user

People defend Kojima because he tries to put some effort into his stories.
MGS became a clusterfuck due to going on for way too long, and the stories became worse when more and more plot lines came about and there was less and less freedom to do anything.
Like his work or not, Kojima is a creative, you can't put someone like him to work on the same thing over and over again because he'll get bored, and will start half assing it.

An example of someone like him is Christopher Nolan in cinema. (mind you, i'm not comparing the quality of his work with Nolan's)
Nolan always creates different movies.
He made Batman Begins, he made Interestellar, Memento, now he's working on a WWII movie.

Look at the Dark Knight trilogy, he was only 2 movies in, and by the second one you could already feel like he wasn't too interested in making Dark Knight Rises.

>thinking Konami will fall
Out of the videogame industry?
Absolutely, MGS is just another name to add to the list of dead franchises they have killed.

>thinking MGS is that big in the west
MGSV sold 7 million copies despite the entire Japanese console market crumbling away, hell, 1 million of those copies was sold on PC.

>thinking Kojima still making games is a good thing.
It is.

>"Kojima is working with Sony now, a company that respects him"
They do, they absolutely do, Sony treasures all the people who can make big selling games and could become exclusive game makers for them, and Kojima has always liked Sony above others.

I'm actually curious as to how this game will play because it's literally MGSV with zombies. Only thing is that I don't really like the "Horde Mode" style games, so if it consists solely of "defend X from Zombies" as gameplay, then maybe not.

What gets me how blatantly obvious this is going to be building back into MGSV. It's all going to be a wild coma dream by Venom, to which it was referred to in the beginning of MGSV. The crystal creatures are going to be an allegory for the bottom of the sea consuming his comrades, to which the Metal Gear heard in the trailer will be ZEKE to reaffirm this, as it was on the seabed at the time. Any elements referring to MGSV-era material could easily be subconsciously added to Venom's dream due to overhearing it in his sleep.

Kojima said two years before MGSV's release that he wanted to make a "genuine" zombie game. Survive could easily be that and would support the idea of it building back into MGSV.

Didn't he want the MGR sequel to be Grey Fox slaughtering zombies or some shit?

Except Kojima outright said that MG Survive isn't his idea and that he has nothing to do with it.

And he didn't go along with it because it was a dumb as shit idea.

>Kojima wouldn't lie!

He definitely wouldn't do that to secure fan points as he's leaving a studio to work on his own content, especially since he totally didn't bluff most of the content that was going to be in MGSV.

>h-he lied!

Such a cute argument.
MG Survive is cheap cash in and it's a dumb game for the Cowadooty audience with absolutely no story.
There's no ''ruse'' in here, what you are seeing is what you get, that's all.

All his ideas are dumb shit ideas. People who have worked with him have said that half his ideas were retarded as fuck and were scrapped. It was the people around him that had to keep him in fucking line

Source on those claims?

twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/329002165068779520
twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/376424398023962624

Never once did he lie

>beekeeper boss
>"You cannot bee serious, Snake."

Did he?
He said he wanted to make a zombie game, that's not a lie.

And Quiet had a reason to be like that.

He outright said he had nothing to do with this game, and it shows.
This is not a Kojima game, there's no ''ebin ruse of epicness'' in here.

It's a dumb as fuck game using the Metal Gear brand for the Call of Duty kids.

>angry Konami shills trying to convince everyone that MG Survive was Kojima's idea to see if anyone falls for it
>Kojima outright says that he knows nothing of this
>''H-HE LIED''
Goddamn you are so fucking desperate, it's hilarious.

>creating 'headcanon' fiction like a fucking tumblrite

Philip K. Dick never said that, so it's not true.

Neither is Blade Runner, because it's a horrible adaptation of a good story.

Quiet did have a reason for it, which is that she tried to kill Venom and Big Boss so he lit her insides on fire. Hard to really make the community ashamed of their words and deeds when it was in self defense and it was Big Boss who did it.

And SJWs were all saying that Quiet was wearing those clothes because
>muh misogynistic patriarchy

And she had a reason, her life depended on it.

eurogamer.net/articles/kojimas-mad-zombie-game-idea

His idea is worse than MGS Survive

And? Still doesn't change the fact that there was no reason to make the players feel "ashamed" like Kojima tried to hype up Quiet's reveal, or the rest of the game for that matter. Spent all his gas on Ground Zeroes.

Not to mention it is pretty damn stupid. If he's going to go the route of excusing lewd, make it a QT mini-skirt.

Sounds like he's just being a smart-ass to me.

There's no ''worse'' when talking about zombies.
Making media about zombies is proof that you are creatively bankrupt and that you just want money.

Dying Light managed to do a zombie game well--if not the best for zombie survival--and it was only last year, if you don't count The Following that is.

nice hair, yoji

The only thing that made Dying Light stand out was the Mirrors Edge parkour.
Without that it's just Dead Island in a city.

i think the difference is all those other things you listed are cool and regular plain-ass vanilla zombies are not.

this.

>Take out the biggest gameplay element that helps build into the tension, especially with Virals and Volatiles, and it's just a zombie game

No shit

No. It was fetish gear. She would have looked less stupid just wearing a bikini. Why were her pants legs torn rather than just not wearing pants? Because that is Kojima's fetish.

Also she was a terribly written character. It's pretty clear she only exists so that Kojima could hang around with a girl he really liked

>steven spielberg and george lucas would agree with you

& Major publishers who throw zombies in everything in hopes to attract suckers love you.

>Game based on one of the main characters of the series based in universe

Vs.

>Game based on literally who's that doesn't even take part in the games universe

Survive is less to metal gear than federation force is to metroid, and nobody wants metroid tied to that either.

Konami is shit now.
Kojima is shit.
Everyone loses.

WE FINALLY HAVE PROOF
HIDEO AND KOJIMA IN THE SAME PIC

Better failed hollywood director coming through

he said he wanted to do a zombie mgs game though..... fucking hack on damage control.

>better
His ''games'' have literally no gameplay, so no.

>REEE WHY DOESN'T KOJIMA USE GENERIC ZOMBIES!

10 bucks says he's going to use Joosten again for death stranding

If he does, fucking dropped. I hated her so much in V, totally shit tier woman character I've ever seen.

look:

Oh the irony.

Well, I dunno, maybe because it looks like a f2p korean metal gear parody? Or maybe simply because we like mgs and we're upset to see it fall so low?

What?
MGS games have always been stealth games and have had a very detailed gameplay full of easter eggs.

David Cage games only have marks to choose different cutscenes.
Literal movies.

>Its a "Cred Forums goes apeshit over a fake quote" episode

this but for real this

The whole theme of the game makes no sense to me, with how much they had going on in the series they could have made it skulls, or parasite zombies, or anything at all to justify or tie it to Metal Gear other than a cutscene of getting sucked into space.

The game doesn't look bad, but it's confusing to slap Metal Gear onto it, even spinoff games like Acid had some kind of anchor to the franchise, it feels like "Metal Gear" is only included to sell the game when they didn't need too.

I would wager the only reason it has Metal Gear in the name is because they had to justify all the reused assets.

>Implying it's not a real quote

u mad bro?

>posting the pic of white supremacy
reported

Sony sucks the dick of every single developer that makes any kind of hit on their console, just look at From Software and Bloodborne exclusivity as a prime example.

>no source given in the thread
>implying Kojima is even legally allowed to talk about Metal Gear or else Konami will kill him like they did Fukushima

>confusing zombies with ghouls
Lmao

>Dying light made zombies right by adding parkour

Dying light confirmed for being the Brink of zombie games