I just got to Gran Soren and I'm overwhelmed as fuck. Every dungeon so far has been a much higher level than I was...

I just got to Gran Soren and I'm overwhelmed as fuck. Every dungeon so far has been a much higher level than I was. I have over thirty quests in my log and most of which are halfway across the fucking map and it takes twenty minutes just to get anywhere

It's like I'm playing an RPG for the first time and I have no idea what I'm doing. I tried to kill a troll but he fucking chomped my head and I got sent back to Gran Soren after I had been walking for ten minutes

Am I supposed to be just doing whatever? Or should I be following the main questline until I'm a higher level?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OTNfuztCMgM
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/96/?
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/32/?
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/322/?
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/13/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just made it to Gran Soren and changed from Mage to Sorcerer at lvl 10. I have no fucking clue what I'm doing. Some douche bandits rolled a rock on me and kicked arse.

>It's like I'm playing an RPG for the first time and I have no idea what I'm doing
Yeah, it's great.

if you're good enough you can do whatever, but killing higher level shit will just take forever.

follow the main quest for a while instead.

additionally, just go explore around.

There's an Eternal Ferrystone in your inn inventory, I suggest you pick it up.

I know. I keep trying to kill big ass shit and dying

That's what I assumed. I'm just used to going to a city and doing all the side quests before continuing with the main quest. I can come back and do all the other shit too, right?

ded game
e
d
g
a
m
e

>follow the main quest for a while instead.
You know that this can cause some quests to not be available anymore, right?

>Am I supposed to be just doing whatever?
It's literally impossible to fight against higher level monsters due to how damage is calculated. Just do the main quest first.

DO THE WITCH QUEST BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE IN GRAN SOREN

be careful, the main questline locks you out of certain sidequests like the one with the girl in the forest or some shit. i'd say grind some levels and do sidequests you got earlier on before continuing with the story.

since this guy never mentioned what the witch quest is.

you need to go find Qina in the witchwood but beware of the bandits just before its entrance just after the rolling boulders, they will fuck you up, most notably the faggot with the shield.

these bandits are not worth fighting just sprint to witchwood or spend 20-30 mins whittling down bandits that 1-2 shot you.

this game is not exactly a dead game, its just been played to death at this point and Capcom seems to think they will make tons more money for selling it on the PS4 as a "remaster".

now what really pisses me off about this was that the game had pretty decent sales on consoles and they were all "if we reach X sales we'll put out a sequel!" then they released Dark Arisen while claiming it was not the sequel.

then they were like "we need more sales, buy the PC version!" which i did and it was great as fuck but even that didn't satiate Capcom, they need more sales so now we are going to see it on PS4 when it should be the fucking sequel going to PS4 and PC.

>game doesn't tell you what goblins are weak to
>no indication as to how wolves hunt
>nothing about where the roads lead to
>no indication as to which weapons are masterworks
shit game

quick post your pawn or arisen or both

OK

That's what makes it good though?

Fuck japcom. They have a multiplayer version but only for those godless slants. Dropped.

And despite all that free money from the PC port they still won't release DDO. Capcom must be allergic to money or something. Every decision they make is an attempt to put it as far away from them as possible.

pretty cool armor combo on that warrior, nice work

Threadly reminder:

The cycle was broken.

Theyhave it in japan only

>he thinks the cycle of eternal return can be broken

You can loop through the story as often as you want and most of the best rewards come from the main quests anyway.

Nah, just use consumables.Shits all really potent.

>thinking consumables will save you from getting killed in one shot by a dropkick from an Ogre at low level

I need RCs to repair Riftstones on BBI

MANLY MELEE MEN

commit sudoku

Really wish RC orbs gave more RC from BBI. I mean the game isn't exactly super active anymore, new players will find it incredibly difficult to slog through BBI to get more RC to repair Riftstones and Purify items.

What is the best arisen + pawn combo and why is it Warrior + Strider

Why is this so unfun to play

The duke was in the Wrong

>fire/ice
>packs
>gran soren
>ALL CAN'T GO WRONG

I want to fuck that shegoat

it's not though

>there will never be Dragon's Dogma II set in Hearthstone full of delicious brown french women like Mercedes

>wanting more shegoats

>not wanting to fill shegoat wombs with your seed

???

>not wanting Julian to fill you with his
Your taste is wrong.

>there are "people" seriously chose Aelinore as their romance

She's the default selection even if you don't go out of your way to choose a beloved.

Heck, I've had her show up even when I went out of my way for someone else. Why couldn't it have been you, Ser Maximilian.

I didn't chose her seriously, it was a mistake.

They can. Between cursing it with skulls and jacking up your defenses with periapts, you can pretty drastically lower an enemies offensive abilities. Throwblasts and shit will pull off decent damage and set that sucker on fire.

Granted, if you are talking taking on an Ogre fresh out of the gate with un upgraded rusted shit, no fucking duh you'll be in for a bad time. But you can still slow it down and whittle it away with poison, burning and explosives. Combat in Dragons Dogma is surprisingly versatile.

user, please
My dick can barely handle one delicious brown girl at a time.
A whole country's worth will do untold things to my dick.

Aeilnore is shit but would fuck that Arisen tenderly

Nah, they're bussines practice has been make the most amount of money while spending the least time/effort possible. They know DD2 and online on the west will make them money, but they have to waste some of it for Western servers and put effort on a sequel, hence, just rehash shit.

I just beated Daimon Awekaned form at Lvl 148 Assassin, not my prefered vocation but yeah.
The room before him is fucking bullshit tough, I just ran trough those fucking Wyvern assholes spamming magic from afar while I tried to fight the Minotaurs or whatever they're called.

I just can't get enough of this fucking game, someone should mod it so it have random encounters in the overworld

Seriously niggers?

Just started recently, I like that I can play an ugly bald man, and also have a cute waifu. just like my animes

I'm not the biggest fan of Daimon 2.0 as a boss fight. Daimon 1.0 is fucking great though, easily the best boss fight in the game.

>not enjoying the nightmare of Fallen City 2.0
It feels amazing once you can get through that room without needing to heal even once.

I fucking love those wyverns, especially the first one that flies towards you then nopes into the cieling never to be seen again.

But yeah, I'd had enough of fighting my way through that room after the 3rd trip and started just sprinting through it to get to the Riftstone. Head over the roofs to the left as soon as you enter and you avoid most of the bullshit.

>when you fight that dragon in the forest for the first time
>night falls
>lantern is out of fuel
>kill it by daybreak with your entire party dead

Not current armor and I edited both a bit, bu they're basically the same.

Thinking of remaking them completely soon, for my second playtrough.

Playing as a sorcerer at the moment, was a warrior for the most part but I want to be a Mystic Knight. I'm level 48 and have been a sorcerer for about 5 of them, it's not to bad but kind of boring.p compared to Warrior. How many more levels should I do?

Know that feel, was walking around trying to find a Griffon and found that instead. Had to revive my pawns about 40 times in total

Does this game accurately represent what combat with a dragon would actually be like?

Are you wanting to do Melee Style Magick Knight or Magick Style Magick Knight?

If Melee, switch back to warrior and max it out for the Strength Augment at rank 9. If Magick, stick with Sorc to get the Magic boosting Augment at Rank 9.

Well hacking away at its legs is going to get you nowhere fast, so it's better than Skyrim and Dark Souls

Best feeling.
Also
>On second playtrough, just fucking around at night in the forest, looking for loot
>Overpowered as fuck
>Encounter a chimera
>Meh
>Destroy the Snake on one slash
>Climb onto the goat and stab the fuck out of it
>That theme, It fucking starts
youtube.com/watch?v=OTNfuztCMgM
>"Fuck it"
>Take my my top armor off, laid down my weapons
>Climb onto the lion and start punching him like there is no tomorrow.
>He goes mad
>Epic battle ensues
>mfw everything

The feels this game gives me, god damn.

It does a much batter job than most games do, that is for sure. Can't really speak for "accuracy" though without any context.

>Playing a second playthrough
>Overpowered as hell
>Don't wanna use hard mode because no one has yet given me a straight answer on whether or not BBI also gets harder (since I haven't beaten that the first time)

I killed a few Dragons in my time, it's pretty close to it I asure you.

Go play BBI, then beat it twice. Then consider Hard Mode.

BBI isn't really changed by hard mode, IIRC. Just the player uses up more stamina.
Also, hard mode is just kinda boring, anyway.

What are the best mods for PC version?

I've already changed the title theme back to the correct song.

But normal mode is boring right now because my character is overequipped and overleveled.

Ah well, at least it's comfy while I grind out vocations. Hate the stat-up system though, every level I gained as a mystic Knight made me feel wasteful.

The only mod I really went for was the one to remove the chest scar, since they just don't give you the option in the game for whatever reason.

Either man, just do whatever OR follow the main story first.

I only use the cheatengine options of "Share Weapon's Skils" and "Equipment Ignore Vocation restrictions".

Feels pretty good. Wish there was a way to change equipped moves outside of inns ( I think there is one cheat now but haven't tried it) in game.

Dragon's Dogma 2 has the potential to be phenomenal. 1 has a lot of good ideas but just a lot of questionable execution.

never ever

I'll probably lean more towards melee but I do want some versatility. I do have Clout and I am grinding Sorcerer for the augment as well.

more like jsut drop down the cliff and kill the lizards and go to witchwood is the better route

It'd be hard to pull off a good story for a sequel. Not impossible, just saying DD2 has a lot of potential to not live up to the first.

You dont need to rush to gran soren anymore for the job changes since bitterblack isle allows job changes too.

is that a pawn

How about you have to kill the brine

DDO takes place in its own universe, completely unattached to DD.
DD2 could be the same type of deal.

It would have to be in a whole new setting that runs on a different system regarding God and dragons

But then they wouldn't have a lame ass excuse to disguise their limitations for maneuvering in water.

I actually like it when games have a lore reason for why water kills you like in Psychonauts

Literally all the stuff they cut from the first game is enough to make a second game out of. You make it about the world after the player breaks the cycle of Seneschals by killing him/herself and introduce the idea of the endless tower/going to the moon or whatever.

DDO was kinda shitty.

Mechanics wise, sure. But I think DD worked because it still had a very solid story that was deeply tied to the world and mechanics. If they don't pull it off again, it will be a lesser game, and that's not an easy task.

>DDO was kinda shitty.
That has nothing to do with the point I was making, user.

Okay, but your point didn't have much to do with mine.

The plot of DD doesn't move from generic world politics until 80% of the way through the game, where stuff about the world/universe and your part within it comes into play.

Mystic knight is the best class. All other classes a shit! Assassin and magick archer are acceptable too

Are there any mods to get rid of the shitty effects when your health is critical? Or to make it so that your pawns gear can be dragonforged? Those are my only two real pet peeves with the game.

So? If you ask me that served it well. It's comfy and kinda generic for a while, then suddenly whoa.

The milf? yea ps3

Mystic Knights are boring as hell and they're only worth playing if you really like maces. And I do but it's still a boring class

Which is exactly my point, it'd be easily to make another decent story out of the lore they cut. World politics then the end game is about the endless tower and discovering a cycle of things beyond the Seneschal or something.

Post pawns or arisens you like that aren't yours.

I don't think it would be easy to have a killer last third twice in a row. Or at least it would be easier to fuck it up than to hit another homer.

>PS3

>Mystic Knights are boring as hell
How were you using the class?

There isn't that much to do with it. Either you go knock some heads like a fighter with a super broken block, or you stand back and make 3 great cannons and watch everything die in moments.

>not fucking shit up with Abyssal Anguish and fighter skills
>not fucking shit up with Stone Forest

Welp, to each his own I guess. I like being in the fray and doing Stone forest/jungle is a really cool skill and Abyssal anguish is just plain awesome when combined with certain sword skills.

Only time I spam great cannons is to exploit a monster's magic weakness if they're a physical tank like Fire Drakes. Coupled with all the elemental buffs you get the Mystic Knight is super versatile.

>>Abyssal Anguish
>Figter with a longer sword
Eh.

Stone forest takes a fuckton of time to cast too even with cast-shortening builds. It's pretty annoying to try to use it mid-fight.

Hey guys what's up? Mind if I stomp on you and prepare an extremely long 1 hit kill while your pawns run around doing jack shit?

>*lures you into highway*
>*fires Ricochet Hunter at wal*
nothing personnel

2handsome

Aw, isn't it cute.

Fighting Eliminators as Warrior is great

*Sanctuary's behind you*

You can mash every single button on the controller to break out of grabs. You'll have just enough time to break out of it every time. If you slap on that warrior augment it becomes pretty easy to break free.

I really wanted to like the warrior because great swords are the shit but I wish they had better combos.
Spamming jump slash to do effective damage is lame, on top of the fact that they only get 3 skills to equip for some dumb reason.

>when the Garms show up

>climb on their back
>literally nothing they can do about it
I'd feel bad for cheesing the doggo but fuck them spamming that attack that knocks you high enough to make you take a shitton of fall damage.

Yeah, I feel like Warrior should have gotten a slight buff somehow going into DA. I keep going back to it though because I love the sense of impact you get.

Warrior would have been VOAT if it had style switching as the L1 skills and instead customizing your R1 skills it's just fixed sets of moves according to your chosen style. Sounds unbalanced as fuck but I don't care.

I feel like this game would of been a lot more successful if they added co-op. Pawns are a nice idea and all but multiplayer would have made this a lot more unique.

2 players with 1 pawn each or 3 players max would of been perfect

BBI is pretty much Fuck Red Classes: The Experience

BBI isn't exactly bad for Assassins but DA nerfed their augments hard (although admittedly 80% stat increase at night is pretty fucking silly)

>not playing Ranged

>mfw imagining cuhrazy tank

Regualr combos aren't that bad. Don't get why everyone HAS to jump/attack.

Sure it's the most efficient, but it's not fun. It's not like the plain combos don't work, they're alright.

it was a setup joke, i saw it from a mile away wtf

It's only bad for Death and Daimon 2.0. Everything else is pretty easy as a warrior, though I admit I was never very good with fighter. If there was at least a skill ring for skyward lash or something I suppose that could help, though that vortex shit is way too imbalanced. Bring blast arrows and you pretty much win the fight then and there by knocking him out of it. Don't have any way to knock someone down from range and you are straight fucked out of all of your pawns.

Fighter is pretty alright. But generally yeah it is, the fact that Wraiths and Living Armors are so common post Daimon really fucks them even more. Need to either have a Sorcerer at all times or have a lot of Surging Light tomes and Demon Periapts.

The lack of ability to properly exploit magical and elemental weakness is what kills the red classes

They should of added an augment for one of the red classes that stops you from being able to receive any elemental buffs to your weapons and greatly reduces your magic stat but adds a significant armor piercing effect.

>stops you from being able to receive any elemental buffs
but that's just punishing both blue classes and red classes. just make it so that red classes have even more stagger than they do now and it all evens out. more abilities would be good too.

Any tips on how to improve my masked sorcerer pawn?

I wish there was a way to character edit while they were wearing their equipped clothes

She looks pretty okay I think you need to work on her outfit mainly.

I'm in the beginning so nothing much i can do yet.
>start a new game
>can't do character edit from main menu anymore
WOOOOOOOOOW

Cheat.

>Decide to fight Ur Dragon for the first time
>Can't see any of its hearts at all
>It flies away after 10 minutes of me doing no damage to it, despite trying to hit it everywhere

This is both sexy and incredibly disturbing.

either wait till end game or cheat.

Are you blind?

I played only warrior/knight.
What did I miss?

being legitimately OP with magic archer/ranger + blast errors in BBI.

I'm telling you, man, I crawled all over it and saw no glowing spots.

I was crawling all over your mom last night and she had three glowing spots.

They are very softly glowing when the dragon isn't wounded, and they glow more as you beat it. Just hit the clearly differently colored patches, jesus, or adjust your monitor something fierce.

psn:jeanswag90
I need riftbux on PS3.

I got this side quest guy following me around. I don't want to fuck off to where he wants to go right now. How do I come back to the quest later without him dying while foloowing me to other quests or cancelling the quest forever?

I think you can't.

Go to the quest board where you found him and put the quest back. It will be there for you later if you want to pick it back up.

Hard mode does make BBI harder but you shouldn't play on normal anyway, that's for casuals.

Is that a mod? I wish DD had a color saturation slider, I love vibrant colors.

ENB to remove vignette, toggle hud, add shadows, add AA, etc.

Reshade for its presets if you don't like ENB presets, or want to use both.

Dinput for most of the CE scripts with a user friendly GUI nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/96/?
Press f12 in the inventory menu to click on it, it offers a lot of stuff that make the game much better to play. Like infinite sprinting or no encumbrance, or tweaks to jumping and augments.

Remove arisen scar, nude mod, better inventory icons(like the one that highlights clothing, best mod), 'HD' face textures.

FLYING INTO FREE sound replacer or the Japanese voice dub.

PS3 icons.

Bloom texture improvement mod nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/32/?
It's a good mod just install it.

nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/322/? This mod lets you play the game with either randomly sized monsters(tiny dragon or massive rat for instance) or 3x the spawns on most enemies(buggy af but fun at times).

Tons of reskins.

Model swaps and adjustments for instance Adept Hat flap removal, switching daggers with swords, using NPC waifu hairs/clothes, and hex editing body presets for massive tits and ass.

Think that's it.

>Are there any mods to get rid of the shitty effects when your health is critical?
It's called get gud
>Or to make it so that your pawns gear can be dragonforged?
Yes, you could do that with dinput or cheat engine.

It's this but I've changed it a bit since the last 2 updates, both of which look very similar so use whatever.
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/13/?

Is that image too colorful? I was trying to add more color without it going overboard.

>we will never ever get a western released sequel to one of the tightest playing arpgs of all time
>the japs will keep the rest of the franchise all to them selves
>leaving us poor murricans to rot in our ever degenerating bethesda/bioware filth
its okay glorious nippon, i forgive you

>Dinput for most of the CE scripts with a user friendly GUI
Does this "save" the cheats you use? I wouldn't mind not having to load up CE and activate some cheats before loading the game.

No, I think it looks great.

>game doesn't tell you what goblins are weak to
>no indication as to how wolves hunt
there is exactly zero chance of anyone ever uttering this phrase in this context with any amount of seriousness

Yeah it's great. I just wish it had some options like the free cam and hotkeys to bind the flow of time for speed up and slow down. It has pretty much everything else though.

I'll upload something refined tomorrow then.

ok

apparently DDO has arisens that are chosen by other dragons or something

Which vocation is 100% fun

I just perfect blocked the fucker to death

Where are you going with that bread knife?

>dat first fight tho
i honestly must have taken twice as long as i needed just from admiring those fluid ass animations and shit
i mean my god capcom please, my wallet can only take so much of your loving
and the entire fucking soundtrack, especially the lich track and the daimon track hnnng
we really dont deserve shit like this

Fighter
Warrior
Strider
Assassin

to slap your mom.

if you consider hanging on to the smooth scaly underside of a giant thrashing sentient predator in full armor one handed while trying to hack at its heart with your other hand then yah, i guess it is realistic
seriously though its infinitely better than skyrim's dragon battles, especially the final fight, oh god such a big fucking dragon you have to fight

you know you can petrify the fuckers, right?

>That whole segment when it flies off with you

My DIIIIICK

>that first time using 3 great cannons with a weapon enchant and full moon slash
>then you make 4 with a magic enhancing item and a stamina booster and watch the entire land get sterilized

Well it doesn't really work that well because the game culls fireballs when too many are being generated, meaning if you have 3 cannons and use a move that hits a lot, the majority of fireballs get culled before they travel more than a couple feet.

Quite the lightshow though.

>tfw a garm shows up for the first time
>"who the hell is this fucker lets massacre him"
>tfw after the first attack it lands on one of your pawns
>tfw youve been hacking at it for 2 whole minutes and nothings happening while your pawns get thrown around like frisbees

>that entire first part of the fight chasing it chasing you through all those ruined towers and walls
>that first time it flies to the other side of the map and starts charging up that fucking dragon nuke-blast like a goddamn scaly super-saiyan
if i had a billion dollars i would buy out capcom and have them make nothing but dragon games until the end of time

You again?

I wish there were more of these, for all classes.

I would suck dick for something like Undead burg in DD

Wish this game was remade for the PS4.
Also wish they would add a fuck load more quests.

Seems like you get to a certain point in the game and all you're doing is collecting flowers and shit.

I have so many flower quests it's unreal.

>Wish this game was remade for the PS4.
...So you could have 900p 30fps? Play it on PC.

Most of the "quests" are actually errands

Would be so much better if there were more Monster hunt quests, instead of static spawns.
You would be able to prepare your Inventory for the bossfights.

All Roads Lead to Mercedes Arisen

>Cutting out the five minutes of powerup time

CHEAP.

There's a mod for that.

Doesn't that make the Sorcerer too op?

There's a mod for that too. Lower your mag stat and use a bad weapon.

>this hurts you shephard
i swear to god big scary talking dragons are the best shit ever

>haven't played DD in over two months
>see this thread
>want to get back into it
>know I'll get bored of it and the running around the fuckhuge map will get too tedious to bare

Slobfags deserve to be crucified, facing west

Acrobatic strider and Magick Archer

You can teleport breh

Yeah to two places that are right next to eachother on the far left of the map

Do you not know how portcrystals work?

Find port crystals and make your own teleport destinations.

>be a lowly warrior
>go to BBI on hard, it's ok
>kill a hundred goblins and a cyclop in a room
>a garm shows up
>pounces me before I manage to read it's moves
>drags me away into the darkness and chews me to death

I liked how this game is absolutely fucking brutal at times

ASsassin
>that parry
>most physical weapons usable
>gets dank shortbow
>tons of badass abilities

>Mind the edge master!

what did he mean by this

>Literally *teleports behind you*

I can't take it seriously.

Some people you don't fuck with.

>haven't played DD in over 5 months after finishing it
>know I'll just do one tour around the countryside clearing everything and one BBI run and then be bored as hell
>uninstall and hibernate till Dragon's Dogma 2
I hope the announcement was only delayed due to mid console gen upgrades coming into play.

yes a DD thread i suck at this game and im still only around the beginning but i love the physics of this game.

hard mode is so weird in Dragons Dogma

it's insanely hard for the first 30 minutes to an hour but then you have so much gold that you breeze through the rest of the game effortlessly freezing time to eat your weight in grass every time you get nicked

accurate

i just need to figure out how to build a character around my play style or atleast figure out how the game wants me to play certian ways to not get my shit pushed in. For a new comer it feels alot like a early dragon quest game if you venture into an area your not supposed to be in. Like when i just left grand soren and ended up in BBI with a 20 minute fight with a pack of wolves. I was totally out classed but i still managed to win through skillful play. I wish more rpg's did this.

The start of BBI is pretty well designed. You can end up there too early by accident, yeah, but it eases you in while simultaneously letting you know it's not fucking around. You can survive the first couple of encounters, but anyone with a brain can decide it's better to back off at that point.

Fun fact. If you play as ANY class with dual daggers, jump at them and latch ONTO THEIR FACE AND START STABBING. It sticks them in a permanent loop of trying to back away from you.

Garms aint shit.

>Give me my heart back, Grigori.
>"I'm sorry Arisen, I can't let you have that."
>Give it back Grigori, I swear to god...
>"I promise you won't like what happens I give you your heart."
>*dragon murder happens*
>WHAT THE FUCK WHAT IS HAPPENING
>"I warned you, Arisen. Enjoy the future... you chose... Daaaaisy... daaaaisy... give me your Gransys Herb do...

i know thats what i love about it. Its punishing while allowing you to know "you came to the wrong neighborhood motherfucker" then allowing to recover and gtfo before you get your teeth kicked in.

You... you don't know about Portcrystals? And if you're on PC, the Eternal Ferrystone? UNLIMITED TELEPORTS BETWEEN PORTCRYSTALS MAN.

but golems are magic immune.

DDs zombies remind me of Vagrant story ones, equally spooky

Playing as an archer on hard mode, it's only when I neared level 200 and finally found that Lv.3 BBI longbow that I finally felt like I was doing sufficient amounts of damage for BBI. The HP bloat on some enemies is ridiculous.

What place is this?

Paladin as fuck.

dukes chamber.

Goddamn, that look cool as fuck.

>perfect blocking exploding ballistae bolts
Shame about all the fucking buffing involved with the class. Still hot though.

Is MK fun, or am I just going to run around and spam buffs/cannon?
Never played a magick class.

Worth a try, but it's pretty much my least played class. The buffs and the magic you do simply last too little time. Like on a MK you're setting up stuff for the fight and on some other class the fight is already pretty much done as you just go and destroy.

The idea of playing a knight that perfect blocks/reflects magic and everything is fun though.

Depends on your playstyle, really. I didn't use Cannons so often because it was a pain casting three of them before you could do anything. You do have to do some buffing before you fuck shit up wth your mace however. I think there is a mod that prolongs the buff duration, if that interests you.

Overall MK is pretty fun imo, you should definitely try it out (that goes for all classes actually)