So now that it's confirmed to be a proper Resident Evil game, what do you guys think?

So now that it's confirmed to be a proper Resident Evil game, what do you guys think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v8m2YJaidbc
youtube.com/watch?v=o-mp37Lf6zE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No parasites please

But really, I hope its not Amnesia/SOMA/Alien Isolation can't fight back horror. Basically trial and error to find the path through the game and kiting poor AI and pathing

Here's the last trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=v8m2YJaidbc

There's combat

He shoots the father, who doesn't get affected by the bullets. Its probably impossible to kill him outside of a story segment.

Right now, it looks straight up Amensia tier run away and hide crap

I'm excited but I hope it's more focused on horror and survival than obtuse puzzles.

>run away and hide crap

So the same as every RE game pre-4? Sounds good, a return to the original formula.

It was confirmed there are more enemies besides the family, so I guess it's fair to assume there are going to be killable enemies, would be pointless to even have guns in the game otherwise.

You had the option to kill everything and there was no "hiding" pre-4, so no, that's nothing like the original formula.

I think it looks great. I enjoyed every Resident Evil I played so I look forward to it.

>no hiding

It's called leaving the room so that the enemy can't chase you, and "kill everything" was far from a reasonable option once anything beyond the basic zombies and zombie-dogs showed up. Unless you somehow stockpiled a thousand grenades then hunters and shit were almost always something you simply ran away from, and hell the games (especially 0, 1, and 2) encourage you heavily no matter what the situation to simply go past the majority of enemies. Even if they aren't a danger (or are) and even if you have plenty of ammo to spare (or don't), the game is built around you simply running and "hiding" by evading them into a room where they can't get because the games didn't have them programmed to leave their little area.

I'm optimistic, but the demo is real boring. Nice atmosphere and tension but it doesn't build up to anything other than flaccid jumpscares like the falling doll and mannequin. Family Man was also kind of a letdown, it legit got me the first time but there's only so many times you can hear "welcome to the family, son" without getting tired of it. Needed more variety and better spooks, but it's a tiny demo designed to show off the atmosphere more than anything so I'll let it slide

It's also good to mention the games (especially REmake) kind of punish the player by killing enemies in the form of spawning more enemies, or making some enemies come back to life much stronger than before (crimson heads).

>It's called leaving the room so that the enemy can't chase you
More an issue with technology at the time than anything. At least that's how I saw the room / cell loading system.

>"kill everything" was far from a reasonable option
You could still kill just about everything. Or rather, anything. That's what's important. Going by the trailer I'm not sure if there's anything we've seen that's actually killable, which means it's scripted.

I at least understand that they might be reluctant to release the demo on PC due to datamining, but not for the bone either?

Why is this fucking demo still only on PSN when it releases on all 3 platforms on the same day?

>The punching family man is unkillable
>He's the Nemesis/Undying boss of the game until the end
>Instead of running away from a freaky abomination with a rocket launcher, you now run from a dude that wants to punch you in the fucking face while he's on fire

That's just straight up hilarious. There's no way this game can even get those cheap "jump scares" off of you when the main threat is a bunch of people from the woods that just don't die and punch you in the face.

They have a marketing deal with Sony for their VR shit, that's probably why.

There are plenty of enemies in the old RE games that you couldn't kill until the scripted time - or EVER for some including non-story relevant ones even.

That's because you have no idea what the story is about, protip: they don't want to kill you.

Going by that logic, any horror game with a regenerator type enemy, like Dead Space 2, is going to be shit for you because there's that one enemy you can't kill and you have to run away from it.

I wouldn't say plenty, and a little scripted intro for an enemy reveal like crawling out of something is very different from an enemy that is invincible 100% of the time and pursues you relentlessly.

Right now I am 90% sure that RE7 is just going to be Amnesia / Outlast with a little more money behind it. I really hope that I am wrong though.

Yes. They just want to give you a welcome punch. That's been established very well.

So what's new in the update?

All the character skins have been updated to black people in order to compete with Battlefield 1.

Fair enough, I don't know the full details. None of us do. But what you say is even more hilarious, because there's no immediate danger to the character even story-wise.

>because there's no immediate danger to the character even story-wise

They want to capture and infect you with the same shit they have, I'd say that's worse than death. Also there are rumors Mia is the missing daughter of the family, hence why he says "welcome to the family", he is welcoming his son-in-law to the family.

It's fine if there's a specific enemy like that, like Nemesis in RE3, but not when it's the ONLY enemy. Hopefully they show us a trailer soon that actually shows enemies and not just a variety of invincible scripted cunts.

They already showed a model of a zombie enemy.

>proper

So is this going to be another game without Jill then?
Get real tired of Capcom's shit here

When's Revelations 3?

>Jill

Nobody cares about Jill, fuck off.

Fucking Nemesis what is it

You could knock nemesis down in every encounter. You were even encouraged to do so for the gun parts and ammo he dropped.

He just gets right back up, couldn't kill him

Proper? What I saw looked like an FPS, in which case, I'm not interested

You could fight him, knock him down, and steal shit off his body. He gets back up after a couple minutes or after you leave the room, but that's totally different from having an invincible enemy that you're forced to run away from and that you can't even slow down or incapacitate.

How do you go from this, to redneck texas chainsaw massacre shit?

So is it confirmed that there will be VR for the PC release? I don't own a headset, but RE7 is shaping up to be the game that's making me want one.

You do realize all Resident Evils start with a distinct location and then slowly reveals the lab environments later?

There will be VR on PC because PSVR is compatible with VR, unless you mean compatibility with Vive or Oculus, in that case we don't know yet since they haven't said anything.

Series is dead.

this

we will start at the house, but it will get very wild, I will predict at one point will will be in a blinding white laboratory at some point

Same way you go from spoopy old mansion to high tech science lab shit

>Proper RE
>FPS
pick one

>"proper RE game"
>spoopy FPS
>filled with horror film cliches
>VR
what the hell are you talking about?

its a proper RE game in the sense that its nothing like the first 3 I guess

>RE7

Fuck you, I'm picking two and you can't do anything about it.

>thinks RE has to fit tradition
No, this is where all you faggots get it wrong.
Resident Evil is survival horror, that's it. It can absolutely take on new perspectives and change shit up.

it just looks like amnesia though

>thinks RE has to fit tradition
well i'd certainly like it too, I already played Amnesia and Outlast.

That's neat, but those games are nothing like RE7.

it looks closer to amnesia then the RE series
all I have seen is a run and hide simulator

I saw the famalam through wall trailer the other day
Is there anything new?

Having never played RE7, lemme ask you this Captain Genius.

How the fuck would you know? All we can judge it on is the demo which is just supposed to represent the 'tone' of RE7, and the trailers. Which all look exactly like Amnesia and Outlast.

Series is reborn

This
And it's exactly what it needed.

>Which all look exactly like Amnesia and Outlast

You're retarded as fuck.

>Proper RE
>carefully chosen camera angle survival horror with puzzles with limited resources
>third person shooter survival "horror" with QTE's with an abundance of resources
Pick one and only pme

Sure, whatever you say sport.

>VR bait with an RE Title
Who the fuck cares?

Why do you think they're doing this in FPS and pushing the VR angle so hard? Who the fuck is excited about this marketing move? What the hell are you fifteen year olds doing on this website anyway?

I'll pick the first one
either way they dont really seem like RE7

I'm glad someone agrees. Isn't it weird that Cred Forums of all places is complaining about a series as stagnant as RE for switching it up in the first place
There are three other "zombie" tps games coming out in 2017

I'm sort of excited.
Did you want an oldschool rehash?
You can always go back and play the old games

I'm all for a new setting and everything, but this still looks like shit

they are just switching to an already overdone version of horror game
>TPS ZOMBIES IS SO OVERDONE
>GOOD THING ITS GONNA BE A FIRST PERSON HIDE AND SEEK SIMULATOR NOT AT ALL LIKE OUTLAST OR AMNESIA

That's because RE is changing again. Probably focused on isolated problems caused by the events in the RE universe. rather than the large scale ones from 2 onward

Also zombies aren't really scary these days thanks in part to RE.

It's baffling that people are trying to justify this bullshit game by changing the the gameplay of the classic games as if this is a natural goddamn transition, gtfo. This was a VR PR, nothing more.

why do you people keep thinking that its the lack of zombies that people are upset by

How would you know it is? You haven't played it.

I'm playing RE6. Why is it so damn dark? I could see everything in RE5 and can't see shit in RE6.

>rehash
>new game
>similar gameplay style, theme, weapons, etc.
>rehash
I don't think you know what the word means.

>You can always go back and play the old games
and you can go play amnesia or outlast with the Rift, we all have options user.

You can easily kill everything on normal and be fine ammo wise.

Because there is more evidence to it being closer to amnesia
given the trailers and demo that we have
in fact we have no reason to believe its similar to the old RE games

Peep

But it has weapons.
Also you listed two games that is could be like meanwhile there are like 10 that it would be like if it was a Third Person Shooter again. Not to mention there are two AAA third person zombie games that were announced at E3 this year.
Are RE diehards afraid of actually being afraid for once?

We want the evil dead audience

the only weapon I saw was a gun in a cutscene that didnt actually look like it did anything

>zombies
why do you keep bringing that up like its the problem

It's the lack of zombie shooting.
If there were more zombies there would be more action.
They want more action

>How would you know it is?
Jesus, how would I know what is you backwards retard? Go back and read the post you replied to again, carefully this time.

I've played the 'tonal' demo inside and out, and i've seen all the footage/leaks of the game. For comparison's sake i've also played the shit out of Amnesia and i've played Outlast. The tonal demo showcases a tone of being on 'edge' because of unnerving elements to the sound design and the lighting, which is a common theme of what user?

Lemme give you a hint: of games where you are meant to feel under-powered and usually incorporate hide-and-live mechanics, liiiiiiike? Like Amnesia and Outlast, you fucking mong.

>Are RE diehards afraid of actually being afraid for once?
Oh I see
You are one of those who actually believe that the only way to scare someone is to throw jump scares all over the place

>Did you want an oldschool rehash?
Yes. Where's RE2make, Capcom?

I cant follow your logic at all
people arent wanting it to be like RE4-6
they want it like RE1-3

its not really that people want the action but more so having the decision to take action or not
which it looks like is not gonna be the case

I cleared RE:Make perfectly fine and killed virtually every Hunter I came across. Crimson Heads are avoided by burning the bodies. I wasn't trying to speed run the game, and cleared it on the highest immediately available difficulty as Chris and had plenty of ammunition and healing items left. Only enemies I avoided were almost all dogs, and zombies I could easily avoid in rooms I didn't have to travel through frequently.

>implying 4, 5, and 6 play like 1, 2, and 3
>also implying that there also isn't a huge tone shift
>additionally implying the modern titles are classics
Cancer

>will never have a resident evil 6 styled game with more polished UI, limb melee from re4/5, endless horde mode, and more waifus
>instead i'm going to have half a puzzle game and half an inventory simulator.

As long as the enemies are tough and few and far between like the original RE. And there is very limited resources to the point where you really do treasure every bullet. I'll be happy.
Though I doubt they'll make the game that perfect since they gotta cater to all the kids out there.

>will never have a resident evil 6
good, this spoopy shit is just as bad, but that doesn't mean I want re6 back.

The addition of bullets in the trailer imply that guns will be usable elsewhere
No, I think something actually being scary comes from the story behind everything.
As it stands, the idea of RE7 being a sort of mystery revolving around a family of crazies intrigues me.

>the idea of RE7 being a sort of mystery revolving around a family of crazies intrigues me.
I cant take it seriously in the least bit since it looks like they are just ripping off texas chainsaw massacre
honestly I'd rather play a game that at least attempts ambience instead of relying on hide and seek jumpscares

Isn't that exactly what they said that they would do with Revelations? And then No one bought it

In the game is a handgun, a shotgun, A flamethrower, a chainsaw, and an axe (from the demo), plus more. There are confirmed large enemy encounters like del lago from RE4. Back tracking, item management, and hit detection when shooting enemies in specific areas similar to RE4.
But no, this is just an outlast clone. Remember all the gunplay in outlast? Sure was fun.

>Welcome to the family, my wife's son
Is this a brave new direction for capcom?

the problem is that they didnt really do it with revelations

can i get a citation on that becuase capcom seem to be trying their hardest to imply thats not the case at all with these trailers

Theyre some kinda mutants. Weird girl at the end.

I'll take a more polished RE6 over this "proper Resident Evil" game anyday. There was nothing fun about the original styled Resident Evil games, aside from Outbreak.

They're trying to appeal to the crowd who is excited by RE7.

>resident evil 7
>it actually takes place in a residence

Ambience? The tone in the demo was pretty great.
How do you even know it'll be hide and seek jumpscares? Pretty much every RE has shit to read which is honestly the only consistent place where the horror has ever come from. Only other time I was creeped was when nemesis bangs on the saveroom door

>yfw he appears in the post-credits scene

>I'll take a more polished RE6
> There was nothing fun about the original styled Resident Evil games
I'm not surprised by this shit taste at all.

The did, the problem was that the other half of the game was modern style, trivializing the tone set by the Jill segments
What about code veronica? Or those other PS2 RE's

ESRB, various interviews. Search posts by dusk golem on neogaf, he's made a lot of write ups on it.
And yeah, I don't know what capcom is thinking with the marketing for this game. There is a traditional resident evil game hiding behind the first-person coat of pain but they don't want anyone to see it.

Alien Isolation was fantastic, I wish it sold better.

Why can't there be more balanced people that enjoy both?

Resident evil meant the zombies.

A lot of the puzzles were poorly designed in hindsight, especially the last area of CV and 2. then there's the pause/unpause shit.

I'm still heavily put off by the FPS aspect
I'll wait but I feel like it being in first person is just a set up for BOO IM BEHIND YOU scares instead of being actually clever

I never was able to get into the Resident Evil series even through I tried to play most of the games, I just found the controls so cumbersome that I couldn't enjoy them.

But this one actually looks pretty good. I might buy it.

Based on the other trailers, it's not just the house right?

It will probably be exclusive to the PSVR for a little bit before official Vive or Oculus support come out

For people who are still bitching about not Jill, Chris, Leon, Wesker and Claire I have 1 word for you. Fuck off. Its time for the series to change and this looks excellent so far. This has the potential to be the next RE4 and become a classic.

It's not that they don't enjoy both, people simply don't like change. Anything that is different is bad.

RE5 takes place in the daytime primarily, whereas 6 is mostly night or dark areas

Also RE6 was WE WANT THE GRIMDARK AUDIENCE to the max

People are seriously complaining about the lack of mainstays when we got mainstays just last year in the episodic game

Because the people that have been around long enough to love the old games usually are REfags who enjoy the lore or at the very least the characters of the universe. RE6 was fucking terrible for anyone who gave a shit about any of those characters. Chris was turned into a fucking CoD PTSD cliche nightmare, Leon was basically thrust into Kobayashi's fanfic about him and Ada, and Jake and Sherry were... well they were alright I guess, though Jake being an anime character was fucking dumb as shit.

The only thing there is to like about RE6 was the move-and-shoot which Capcom was a couple years late on.

>Resident Evil 7
>The marketing is mysteriously super small and absent

Do you think Capcom has little hope for this game or are they trying to not spend so much after the RE6 disaster?

>RE5 best selling of the series
>RE6 is a very close second

STOP

I like them all.

The ambassador program is for Twitter user, not here.

RE5 was only best selling because it was DLC to RE4

>I have 1 word for you. Fuck off.

>there will never be a RE game as good and well paced as RE4 ever again

yes

Even one of the devs himself said that "blasting the enemy into pieces" is an viable option.

>I have 1 word for you. Fuck off.
I have one word for you RE7fag: you're dumb as fucking shit.

>Jake being an anime character
I hate when people say this, it makes no sense.
What the fuck is it even supposed to mean?

It'll pick up around release time. They don't really have the budget for drawn out marketing plans these days.

He's the embodiment of "nothin personnel kid" with an empathetic waifu to boot.

RE4 was goofy as fuck. It was fun but set a bad trend for the series

His fighting style, the way he moves, the way he emotes. Not to mention that post-credits scene, I mean fuck it don't get much more anime than that.

He's a fucking anime character. You're either being willfully ignorant of the blatantly obvious, or you're just shitposting. I like Jake, as I posted, but he's a fucking anime character and a symbol for the way the REseries was going, now he and Sherry are in limbo with RE7.

This game makes no sense. Zombies don't talk.

So who and what the fuck are the bakers.

10% Zombie?

Not really. 5 could've easily been as good as 4 if they didnt shoehorn in co-op. RE6 went full Gears of War for some reason nobody will ever know

Those types of enemies are great because they are a cut from the norm, user. Thus far, those are the ONLY enemies we know about in RE7, so it loses all of its charm from the word go.

Why is this so goddamn hard for you to grasp?

New virus. The photo of the chemtrail-laying Umbrella chopper is a dead giveaway

I also have that fear, but resident evil has seldom used jump scares so I'll keep my faith that it won't rely on them for 7. I just want that feeling from the first few games back, the uneasy atmosphere and not wanting to go into the next room because of what might be in it, spending time looking at the map to figure out where to go and what to do as I work my way through a labyrinthine house, solving ridiculous puzzles along the way. No reason that can't be done in first person.

The only goofy thing I remember from it were the panty creep reactions. Cant remember anything else.

Maybe the whole damn game?

Admittedly it did get serious as fuck when it wanted to.

>No "welcome to the family son" memes
I expected more

>inb4 this flops hard and capcom puts out some some HD port of a non-gimmick RE that blows this out of the water

They've been talking since 4, holy fuck

Some switch must have flipped in Mikami's head after making REmake, because majority of his games since that were goofy as all hell. Even TEW.

>If I ever get out of this alive, I'm never riding in an elevator again

>Move and shoot a good thing
nah
RE6 was fun though. I don't think there is a single mainline Resident Evil game that I don't love or at least didn't enjoy.

nobody cares enough.

>Ganados are now Zombies
user...

zombies aren't the same as plagas.

Plagas talk, zombies never could.

two wasn't bad at all, if anything was one of the best

Ganados aren't zombies you utter fucking retard

I suppose you think the niggers from 5 and spics/slavs from 6 are zombies too then

Yeah but the goofiness is part of why it was so good. RE5 is too serious and is mostly a retread of 4 with the same enemies and bosses. Also the forced co-op and anime Wesker were shit

Really? The entire script is just one liners. Despite the grim visuals the entire game is really lighthearted.

Internet was calling them zombies up through release and even afterwards.

Leon was like Dante-lite in RE4, a bit less cheesy and with barely any sense of urgency
The main villain was a cartoon character

The dialogue was just...wew

So since RE7 is looking like it's going to be a total flop, when can we expect REmake 2?

Yeah. Fuck anyone who thinks a series should resemble it's ancestors, amiright?

If Capcom wants to make a new IP, then just fucking do it.

>Spics/Slavs from 6

Who?

Did nobody attempt to play RE6 like an over stylized action game? It really was fun diving and shit at the last minute like you're Max Payne, really wish they kept limb melee though.

They already put out HD ports of the oldies user, but I'm assuming you didn't buy them. Don't be a cunt

You just exposed how garbage at the games you are. You can easily kill every enemy in previous REs. RE Zero and REmake are the only two where it's not likely.

Almost every line of dialogue in RE4 was a one-liner, or at least highly quotable. What a game.

I liked RE6 a lot because of the combat and controls. Huge step up from 5.

No he doesn't you fucking dumbass. You knock him down, he gets up, then he stays down for good the second time until his next scripted appearance

>It's called leaving the room so that the enemy can't chase you
Does work for Dino Crisis or Resident Evil 3, does it?
They always intended for those systems, but had to work towards them.

>Your right hand comes off?
Aso, "YOU are smalltime" is a fucking "No you!" insult and is still great due to Leon's delivery.

the J'avo in 6 are Serbs or Chinks depending on what campaign you're on.

I understand why fans of the series are put off by it being FPS. But as someone who couldn't stand the other games just because of the controls but really liked the other aspects of the games (lore, puzzles, etc), I'm really glad they moved to FPS. I'm a fan of the Silent Hill series, and the combat in those games was almost as bad as in RE but I always forget because I like the games so much. It's probably a similar thing for RE fans, but for people who aren't fans this will basically just be a huge improvement on the gameplay.

Anime Wesker was a thing way before RE5.

Nah, even without co-op, 5 wouldn't be as good as 4.

>"lol why the fuck are the zombies talking in RE7?"
>'they talked in 4,5,6'
>"Th-those aren't zombies retard, shut up!
THEN WHY ASK

>mfw I learned the Merchant and Leon have the same voice actor

RE6 did have zombies though. The leon campaign.

this

they should have called "resident evii" just "resident hills" or "silent evil"

>proper

Fuck the use of this word with video games.

"We never got a "proper" Super Metroid Sequel."

"I can't believe REVII isn't a "proper" Resident Evil."

If people like this made video games we'd get the same shit over and over again.

>Re6 waif faggot
>thinking his opinion matters

RE6 is liquid fucking garbage in just about every aspect. Kill yourself.

That's not the problem. Why are people assuming that the Bakers are normal zombies in the first place

Why is the tone of the game so much different than past RE's?

Where's the agent you play on a mission? Why is he some normal human who is terrified/insane and needs to escape?

Where's the badass villain like Whesker? Where's the thumbs up emote?

They do, they're called nintendo

Really glad you aren't designing games chap.

>Wesker
>Badass

More like annoying overplayed villain who needs to fuck off permanently already.

It's a much needed breath of fresh air. We need a protagonist that isn't a superhero.

>They do, they're called nintendo
Nice meme.

Nintendo probably changes things up more than any other developer.

alright i'll play your inventory management simulator just calm down. i never knew how fun backtracking, minor puzzles, very simple "combat" and "serious RE lore" was.

Because literally everyone except the most pathetic action game weabs hated everything about Re6. The fucking game has more QTE's than any game I have ever seen.

>RE4
>opening monologue states that everyone knows about the Raccoon City incident and it killed Umbrella
>Luis knows about it when Leon mentions he was a cop there for a day

>RE6
>The president revealing what happened in Raccoon city is a huge deal because apparently it was covered up years later???

Can someone explain this

But its fun.

Different time of the day.

That's okay in a game's respective series.
Why not just make it a new IP, why must it bea RE if it has little in common?
All it does is alienate the fanbase.

I'm excited to see what RE7 brings. I wish someone (like an indie dev maybe) would pick up the mantle of isometric, limited inventory, fixed camera survival horror games though.

Really depends on the series
Anything with Mario or Pokemon in the name doesn't change
Zelda was a formula from the N64 games up until Breath of the Wild was announced.

They're only willing to heavily experiment with their B series

You can't be this stupid.

4,5, and 6 had you mainly fighting GANADOS.

Ganados have motor functions, can talk and think.

That is why they use weapons and speak.

1,2,and 3 are ZOMBIES.

Zombies can't speak.

Sadly because if you call it Resident Evil, people will buy it. It is license to take risks.

See also; 10 Cloverfield Lane.

See

Why are you assuming the Bakers are zombies?

Yeah! We need a faceless unlikable loser with 0 character at all to him!

And fuck fun interesting villains! It should all be the super evil corporate overlords because FUCK THE MAN!!!!!!!11

That was a good movie. I did not expect that one guy to get shot.

you can bet on some kind of secret underground lab.

Yeah, they easily could have (and should have) made RE4 into a new IP. But that brand recognition would've been lost.

Yeah, I was going to point that out out about RE5, but figured it was implied. The thing is even RE1 and RE4 take place in dark places/night time and they're not as dark as RE6. It's a pain in the ass when it's so dark you can barely see what's in front of you.

Nah. Only one that needs to fuck off is you, mate.

It doesn't even play well like that user. You'll never get past the fact your enemies are walking, retard targets.

It's like playing Devil May Cry on Easy Automatic. You have to be a brain dead retard to think anything your doing is cool when enemies literally just stand there waiting to be killed.

Kys.

>But as someone who couldn't stand the other games just because of the controls
this makes me feel significantly worse

You're making a lot of assumptions here.

Makes me wonder if dead rising was planned to be RE5. That would be pretty wild if it was

Wasn't enough gameplay because every 5 minutes some fucking scripted scene happened

If RE6 had less scripted battles and less minigames (fuck off Jake) it'd be much better

>they should have made the best(second best) game in the series a new IP instead

Could've been an interesting side-game, but I'm glad it wasn't. Dead Rising as it's own thing is great.

Probably a sign that a series shouldn't run for 20 fucking years, user.

Let Resident Evil stay dead. It doesn't need to come back.

This.
The RE universe is a mess

It's one of the best games ever, but it is pretty different, so much so that it becomes unrecognizable as a Resident Evil game if it weren't for Leon.

>Anything with Mario or Pokemon in the name doesn't change

I mean, there are superficial similarities. But, SMB3 is way different from Mario 64 which is way different than Sunshine. It took Nintendo 15 years before the went back to side scrolling mario games after World.

While OOT did set the Zelda formula for a while, the game that immediately followed, Majora's Mask, was incredibly unique. All of the mask transformations, the three day system, you see nothing like that in any other Zelda game. Link Between Worlds is another good example. Follows a simmilar formula, but item renting lets you do the dungeons in any order and the warp into the wall thing makes for some interesting puzzles.

I don't play Pokemon so I can't speak to that.

Nice meme, kiddo.

Dead Rising was made in response to RE4 not having zombies.

With RE4, they were given two options during development. They could do what they were doing and end the series right there. Or they could revitalize the series.

So did the finger ever have any use in the demo?

Better than a slow moving shooting gallery that is no different than every other "horror" game to come out last gen, or the walking simulators that plague Steam Early access in droves.

Tell me the last time we had a traditional Survival Horror game, user. I'll wait forever.

You can put it on a useless palm

l pointed the hand+finger combo to the door and the doorknob fell off.

No it wasn't. The first 10 minutes of the game is the most insulting thing (that took itself completely serios) I have ever played in my life.

This game looks awful. Capcom just has no idea what to do with RE anymore

The differences are usually just one mechanic whose importance may or may not be worthwhile depending on the specific game

Yeah man totally agree there. Solid opinion.

>we texas chainsaw massacare now XD!
>lol alien isolation!
Fuck this. Resident Evil is as dead as ever

Kys
You're like the Dobson for resident evil

Dead Rising and Devil May Cry are perfect examples that Capcom do not need to stick to the RE brand in order to make a massively successful new game with a horror theme.

welcome to the family, son

Dawg wait and see IMO.

The last game was a world sprawling, sub-par 3PS, Michael Bay movie.

Let's shake this magic 8 ball up. I'm game.

That doesnt make any sense

Thanks, Pa.

>Actually like a lot about what they're aiming for with 7
>First person perspective

They almost had it.

[%]You should have eaten the damn food, son[/%]

So is the new demo complete different than the old one? Do I still need to be PS+? Can I still play the first one?

I'm a low level Capcom dev, and for the record, I'd like to just say that all that is just PR nonsense. We haven't even begun to flesh out the combat mechanics yet, and there isn't a single enemy done. We're not sure we'll even have room to squeeze in combat at all since we're already on crunch time, and we don't want it to feel like an afterthought.

We showed the trailer before we were out of alpha. I argued with some members of the team but no one cared since I started less than a year ago.

Welcome to the party pal!

Is Dead Rising a successful series? I swear they shoved Frank west and that series down our throats. Lost Planet is a similar series that got entire trilogy and spin-off. Who the hell asked for 3 Lost Planet Games and 4 Dead Risings?

Dead Rising dell's very well, user, and Frank West is push so goddamn hard because the only criticism people ever have with the new titles is that Frank West isn't the protag.

RE5 was awful and RE6 was a fucking crime against humanity

Thank god they changed it up and are telling the RE4/5/6 fans to go fuck themselves.

>using text in your image
whats even the point

l actually liked RE5. The campy feel of it, the sweet bro-op with friends, and Wesker make it a good game for me. Also Mercenaries was great. As for story, yeah, l can get what you mean.

I'm pretty jazzed. Looks like a solid spook and a good time.

add amnesia,pewdiepie,and texas chainsaw massacre in "what i got"

i really dont get the hate for first person perspective.
I am indifferent to the first person v third person debate. but i can at least understand people who dont like 3rd person games but whats not to like about first person games?

RE5 honestly should have done more with the whole ancient temple theme, but focused more as a single player experience and more refined puzzles. That was probably the best part of the entire game.

Family man reminds me of my dad. Kind of weirds me out.

Third person horror games need to utilize atmosphere and narrative to drive spooky shit at the player, while first person makes it far too easy to just abuse jump scares.

>youtuber pandering hide and seek
>RE1

what the actual fuck

kill yourself

REmeme faggots need to go.

Signed - RE1, 1DC, 2, 3, CV fag.

I actually liked 5, brought the main Resident Evil storyline to a close; 6 is alright, to be honest

But I'm very glad they're rebooting the series one more time to bring the focus back on the survival horror aspect

>The RE7 demo
>"Hide and seek"

Play the game before you embarrass yourself, retard. Or at the very least, watch a fucking gameplay video, lmfao

Perfect.

hey i like re4 a lot but hate 5 and 6 and am interested in this one please dont lump in re4 fans with re5-6 fans.

Kill yourself, you shitter.

>brought the main Resident Evil storyline to a close

Too quickly, if you ask me. Wesker accumulated all sorts of different viruses throughout the games, and nothing came of it.

Ada Wong is still a mystery too.

this. wait and see once the actual gameplay comes out. if it's shit, it's shit.

They are the same fan base, retard. RE4 was just the best of the 3.

I bet you can't even pull off a sonic boom as Guile, fag.

>hey i like re4
It's alright user, a lot of people never played actual Resident Evil games

I won't judge

RE6 could've been decent if we had gotten the beggining of Leon's campaign fleshed out into a whole game. Not enough ammo to deal with zombies and a dark, sprawling environment.

Instead, Leon's campaign goes from good to shit way faster than I'd hope, Sherry's campaign being a shitty Dark Sector clone and Chris' campaign being a complete and utter mess (not to mention that the driving section actually managed to make me mad at vidyagaems)

>remaster did great
still didn't sell anywhere close to as much as RE6. (I'm not praising 6, I think it's shit)

>play Leon campaign
>walk into a room and trip over bodies
>Shoot at bodies to see if they're zombies
>No reaction or hit collision
>pick up required item and leave
>Bodies are suddenly alive
Every fucking time.

neither did it have a budget anywhere close to RE6

Yeah, they really rushed past some prime locations. The University could've been like Spencer Mansion and Tall Oaks could've been the new Raccoon City, though I was happy with the gun store segment.

THIS FUCKING SHIT RIGHT HERE

THIS IS ALWAYS MY FIRST FUCKING COMPLAINT ABOUT THE GAME

The game plays you more than you play the game. Too much shit is dictated by scripted events. It's fucking awful.

And in every fucking room.

0, 1, 2, CVX, 3.
UC, DSC.
4,5, 6.
VII.

I really wish people would stop calling VII a reboot because it's not. It's not resetting the timeline, or retconning anything. It takes place after 6. Its just the next type of gameplay for the next 3 games if it's successful.

Its budget was massively lower, it had zero marketing, and it was more positively received.

~2.6mil on a remake of a classic game is fucking amazing, not to mention the positive reception it has received.

>ORC lets you kill zombies that play dead
Didn't expect it at all.

I really hope it isn't, once the initial twitch/jewtube hype dies down.

It's a soft reboot

Hard reboots reset the timeline/canon. Soft reboots are supposed to spark further interest, and normally change up a core factor without retconning anything.

I'm happy about this change. Enough with super secret government agents hunting down mutated super monsters. Let's be trapped in a home and deal with creepy shit.

Nobody but retards who like RE7 and like to post "lol oldfags btfo" are saying it's rebooting anything.

It just looks like boring uninspired fucking trash that an indie dev could do, and Capcom is doing it with Sony VR breathing down their necks. Fucking terrible.

You seem to be a little bit brain washed by the standard opinion regarding old school RE. Most people these days tend to have blurry memories of Resident Evil, just because the newer games are more action-focused.

No, ammo wasn't nearly as scarce as people remember. You can kill almost every zombie in every single room and still have plenty of ammo when reaching the final boss. But because of the technical limitations, aiming and avoiding couldn't be done at the same time, so running away was the best tactic sometimes. Ammo was scattered in a particular way, I'll give you that; it forced you to explore and manage your inventory wisely. But other than that (and the puzzles, and slow pacing), you were not harmless by any means.

What more could have really been done? Chris vs Wesker was Resident Evil's biggest rivalry, and it got settled after 3 games to make room for something new. Of course 6 included Jake to continue on where Albert left off, but it's curious to find out what storylines from 6 will be referenced in 7.

>copies sold
means nothing, it just random numbers out of context.

In order for them have actual meaning you need to know the budged and expenses the game in question had to make the proper comparison.

Only then it would make sense.

For example, Square said they need to sell over 10 millions copies of FF15 so it will pay off (imagine the shit they've spent over these 10 years including the full CGI movie and anime and PR campaigns etc etc).

Are you seeing it selling 10 million copies? How many games you know that sold as much that had similar expenses and quality/budged?

ORC? Sorry, I'm not familiar

Ok.

i predict it won't have the length of a typical resident evil game.

6 was incredibly uneventful and I feel like nothing in that game had consequence.

In 5 though, the least they could have done was reveal what it was Wesker was TRYING to do in CV and 4. That plotpoint was dropped though.

It'll sell. People have been waiting years. But who are we kidding? You just want to be negative.

>nothing came of it

>Chris vs Wesker
>settled

Wesker is still alive and seems to be operating a new/revived Umbrella.

>It'll sell.
What makes you think so?

Can you show me close-simialr examples from history of game industry?

eyes don't work like that

Operation Racoon City.

Operation Raccoon City. Surprisingly decent RE spin-off. I'd recommend getting it for $10 or less, as half the game is DLC. That being said, I never played anything but the free first chapter of said DLC and still had a blast. Multiplayer is still active on PS3, too.

>Wesker is still alive
I can believe it, but that's a can of worms that shouldn't be opened until there's some concrete evidence one way or the other

>He shoots the father, who doesn't get affected by the bullets. Its probably impossible to kill him outside of a story segment.
probably nemesis type of shit
ill and they come back

also dunno why i get this feeling but i think you play also as a zombie

>thinking that Crapcom luring idiots to play ORC with nostalgia is canon

Every mainline Resident Evil game sells.

Maybe the same way they've done it in every single Resident Evil game. You know how they all start in a mansion, rural area, prison, city, and eventually move into laboratory stuff in the later game. Like basically EVERY SINGLE RE game.

This
Scarce ammo in old resi is a meme, except maybe for 0 or REmake

It's Umbrella Chronicles, not ORC.

youtube.com/watch?v=o-mp37Lf6zE

It's canon, and they seem to be bringing him back for the new CG movie as well.

>new CG movie as well.
They're not. Why do people think he's in the trailer?

>Umbrella Corps
>canon
wew lad

I'd have believed it if you said Umbrella Chronicles was canon, but Umbrella Corps? Nah son

UC is not much better.

Umbrella Chronicles is canon.

Both CG movies were shit, specially the second one. But Vendetta looks promising; I'll give it a chance when it comes out.

He's at the end of it. Look at his hair before it zooms in on the shadowed face.

Look it up, retard. It is.

>Both CG movies were shit
You are an awful person, just awful, with awful tastes.

I prefer the second one (aside from the garbage Ada scenes).

>UC
>better than ORC
gtfo, CoD kiddo.

get a load of this pot calling the kettle black

Capcom said it's canon

>He's at the end of it
No he's not dude, jesus fucking..

Really? Is this some fucking joke i'm not in on? Do people really think that's Wesker? Fuck.

Hope there's something involving chemicals somewhere in there cause that's a staple of the franchise.

If they wanna reboot it to be actually paranormal, the name Biohazard makes no sense anymore. The fact the english name also uses Biohazard somewhere makes it extra stupid.

>better than ORC
It's not better, they're equally shit. That you would even think to compare the two in terms of quality says a lot about you.

Do you hang out at the dump comparing garbage too?

Looks like trash made for Youtube ecelebs to stream for their underage audiences.
Looks more like Outlast than a Resident Evil, my my how far they've fallen, just copying indie horror games now, what the fuck are you doing Capcom?
This series is dead, pure casual shit now.
No it wasn't.

Not that user, but actually liked the CG movies? Granted I only saw the first one but it was genuinely terrible.

They're good bullshit to watch on a Sunday night.

That last movie with Leon was actually decent, the politician lady was fucking banging too.

All game sell.
That does not mean they sell enough to cover the expenses AND provide expected profit.

For indies it may not matter but for big companies whose main purpose is profits it is bad.

>spin-off automatically means non-canon
Get fucked, retard.

It could easily be him. It'd make sense, given that Chris is involved and the setting.

>It could easily be him.
If you're severely vision impaired and know nothing of Resident Evil beyond the shitty movies, yeah I guess I could see how one might think that.

>muh opinion

Is it just me, or does Ada look man-ish in it? Especially during that scene where she cuts herself down from the ceiling or whatever.

>blonde, combed-back hair
>dresses similarly
>in a mansion setting
>zombie outbreak
>Chris is there
Hmmmmmm

>muh opinion
>cod kiddo
wew, whata fag

Anyone else have the same problem as me? For some reason it was virtually impossible to avoid getting hit at some point. For example, some zombies will all of a sudden come to life one you're exactly one foot from them, which makes it unavoidable. I always felt it was pretty cheap.

>It's canon, and they seem to be bringing him back for the new CG movie as well.
No they're not, why do people think that "Umbrellaesque Evil Overlord Dude #3" is Wesker? He looks more like Marcus than Albert, fucking newfriends in here thinking Albert would be rocking White. Fucking disgusting.

If alien isolation is anything ot go by it will drag on and be padded out an extra 20 hours

I'd be happy with either.

With either what? You think Marcus is coming back now too? That was an example to showcase how retarded you Weskerphiles are.

Holy shit.

Nigger, Wesker is confirmed to be alive. Either clones are a thing now, or he regenerated after being decapitated and burned in liquid hot magma (unlikely).

Marcus already came back once as an opera fag. It's possible that some of the leeches survived.

Also,

I'll never understand you people. Think about this logically you fucking bottomfeeder, do you really think Umbrella Chronicles is canon? Do you think they'd implement massive story changes in a poorly selling, PvP-only game that was made to try and siphon some eSport cash?

Or do you think that Capcom perhaps wanted to entice people to play the game even if they were uninterested in it, by including things from previous games. Like JC coming back and doing the voice? Or like the skins you can unlock? Or do you think Barry and Chris canonically helped the mercs in those missions too?

Capcom literally confirmed it to be canon, you fucking dunce.

No, they did not.

I got the same sense. Jan 2017? That's just around the corner.

You can fight back in Alien Isolation though. You have grenades, molotovs, guns, a flamethrower and a shock baton to fight back.

Take a second to do a search for "Is Umbrella Corps canon".

Like I said. You're looking to be negative. Also, to move goal posts and generally just shit on things. Who are we kidding here? Enjoy your negative outlook.

>Or like the skins you can unlock? Or do you think Barry and Chris canonically helped the mercs in those missions too?
Those are masks, not the actual characters.

The Umbrella Chronicles games are totally canon you retard.

The retelling stuff is semi-canon because it changes things from the old games. But all the new stuff they did is 100% canon.

look man, for better or worse, its canon, only question is how big of a role does it play.

besides, we already know that theirs an elite conspiracy type group controlling everything in the world. so id like to wonder where that goes

Metal Gear Rising is a spinoff, and that's canon.

What's your fucking point, exactly?

No you can't. Nothing you do does anything lasting to the magical invincible aliens in isolation.

But you are the only one moving goalpost and replying with ad homines

You've evaded the topic twice

What the fuck is going on in here, I can't tell if you faggots are arguing about Umbrella Chronicles or Umbrella Corps.

The demo seemed neat but from the demo alone I don't see why it has to be a resi title.
Maybe the release will give more insight.

Corps.

>proper Resident Evil game
It's literally Outlast.

Yes you can, throw a molotov or fire a short burst from the flamethrower and you can make the Xeno fuck off for a few seconds. There you fought back instead of just running away and hiding like in Amnesia and Outlast.

I don't understand do you people actually play that shit? It looks awful.

>redneck texas chainsaw massacre

One of those adjectives is entirely redundant.

And then you run and hide in a locker until it leaves, or a second alien manages to not get gltiched on a chair and teleports behind you

Genuinely looks pus

What's loli Wesker up to?

>hiding after chasing the xeno off

You a dumbdumb.
You use that breather to get progress done fast.

Or just power through with the flamethrower.

I know this is bait but you pissed me off anyway, so congratulations I guess.

This entire thread is what's wrong with video games nowadays. Every game now comes with it's own hate campaign and daily shitpost where everybody will rag and shit on it incessantly. It's the fan base. It gets to a point where the people are happier with things being shit than with a good game. Shit gets celebrated, they get wished for, hell, that's all people talk about now. How much a game will be shit. Anybody who strays from this viewpoint gets shut down by the horde mentality. It's like you're not allowed to like things or else you're shilling a product. Fuck this shit. When the industry dies, I hope they write on the tombstone "Here lies Video Games, killed by its shitty fan base." Fuck all of you.

I don't. I just read that Wesker was in the game and looked further into it.

That "dev" is Mr. Mikami himself
>The purpose of Resident Evil was to wait for the ripest moment of weakness and then blast the enemy into pieces

>accept this shitty FPS RE already!

Nothing proper about it though.

looks like garbage sillent hill/outlast Early Access wannabe, not like modern toptier residents like re5-6 or revelations 2

You know it's been announced, right?

Brother, as someone who sympathizes with your post, I encourage you not to speak you mind here.

RE threads have been nothing but endless "muh RE is better than your RE" shitposting, and now it's a all-out war because the gameplay's been changed again
I hope RE7 kills the franchise. entirely and wraps everything up.
Not even Megamanfags, DMCfags, Darkstalkerfags or Street Fighterfags or even all 4 put together are as autistic and horrible as the RE fanbase is right now

>WHY WON'T YOU LIKE THIS PT SHIT

>We need a protagonist that isn't a superhero.
Claire and Leon weren't super heroes. Not in RE2 anyway.

Please, cry me a river. I've been playing RE since the first megabox RE was dropped. Nobody with half a brain and a love for this series asked for this shitty amalgam of VRmeme shit raping RE. This is life, people complain when they don't like something, and people don't like this first person streamer-bait shit.

Don't like that people don't like it? Too fucking bad, go jump in the RE7 circlejerk on the REboards or the Capcom boards. Oh wait, that's right they don't like it either. Hm.

> I've been playing RE since the first megabox RE was dropped
Prove it fag

nigga you can't count for shit lmao.

RE7 looks boring as hell. first person just doesn't work. it's restricting, right, but it isn't restricting like tank controls are.

>We need a protagonist that isn't a superhero.
There's a reason you play as cops in most of the games, who wants to fight off zombies as just some geek?

There's Outbreak 1 & 2 for that.

>Nobody with half a brain and a love for this series asked for this shitty amalgam of VRmeme shit raping RE.
>I speak for everyone ever!

>bitching about a game you haven't played

you're no better than SJWs

>There's Outbreak 1 & 2 for that.
Where's my Steam release

He's right though, I taking a guess why Capcom isn't marketing the living shit out of this is because the Twitch and Pewdiepie ripoffs will be the one who will promote this with their youtube screaming on camera clickbait shit.

You either have shit taste or are underage (or both) if you think this VR RE shit looks anywhere near as good as RE1-4. Hell, even 5 is better than this shit.

I'm old as shit.

Sure, whatever.

What in the fuck do those two things have to do with each other?

>has only seen the intro of the game
>"IT'S NOT AS GOOD AS THE CLASSICS!"
grandpa opinions

When the game is nothing like any of the previous titles, you don't need to play it.

>someone who defends RE7 also posts "lol oldfags" content
i'm sensing a theme.

>if it's new or different it's shit

>waa this game is mysoghunee! no i haven't played it yet, i don't need to play it to know it offends my delicate sensibilities~~~
but you know literally nothing about what it's like because you haven't played it yet

>people defending 7
Fuck no , is a fucking VR horror meme game
>Buh muh shoot
oh yeah , with the floaty gun
I blame Sony for this , fucking VR PS garbage.

>waa this game is mysoghunee!
>~~~
Holy shit this dude is a fucking faggot.

While I got you here, stop posting the 'raid this twitch' threads. Go do some homework or jerkoff to that cute girl in homeroom, or whatever it is you 'NOT-TUMBLR SEE!" kids do these days. You're trying too hard.

I've played the demo, which introduces gameplay mechanics and is supposed to give a preview of the overall tone of the final game. It's shit.

Played the demo. Or teaser, whatever. Got the endings. Extremely underwhelmed.

Hope they know what they're doing.

>VR meme game
What part of "We were afraid of locking our newest game behind a $399 paywall and because Japs have motion sickness, you can play the game without a VR headset" do people itt not understand?
What part of 'multiplat for PS4, Xbone, and PC, even though Xbone doesn't have VR" do people itt not understand?

dude i haven't been to Cred Forums in like three years because i'm so tired of you obnoxious toxic faggots shitting on everything because you're so embittered about your hobby becoming popular

like holy fuck i've seen more coherent arguments and reasoning from potatos

>obnoxious toxic
You just gave yourself away nu-male.

>you're so embittered about your hobby becoming popular
Do you even know what's going on in this thread?

What the fuck are you talking about?

Doesn't change the fact that the game is designed around it.

>haven't been to Cred Forums in like three years
Should've kept that up.

>When the game is nothing like any of the previous titles, you don't need to play it.
W E W
E
W

i hate the term too but there's nothing more perfect for this post-2012 Cred Forums world of "hurr durr [bad troll]" 'hurr durr [bad opinion]" "hurr durr japan" "hurr durr murifat" etc etc etc it's all just so goddamn empty and useless

there used to at least be discussion about games mixed in with the diarrhea but now every single discussion is "herp derp gaming is dead lol [making fun of flavor of the month hate]"

itt: "IT'S IN FIRST PERSON AND THIS SINGLE 2-MINUTE PROMO TEASER DOESN'T LOOK LIKE RE2 REEEEEEEEEEE"
like yeah it not looking good by your expectations, that's reasonable, but you know nothing at all about the gameplay or combat so chill tf out dudes

the design is with VR in mind you fucking fag
it really shows
Check the gun's movement

>Why do the character models take up 90% of the screen?

>itt: "IT'S IN FIRST PERSON AND THIS SINGLE 2-MINUTE PROMO TEASER DOESN'T LOOK LIKE RE2 REEEEEEEEEEE"
>chill tf out dudes
Reading your posts is like having a retarded fifteen year old child scream into my ear for 15 seconds.

Based on the teaser (which was stated by the devs to have nothing to do with the story but everything to do with the gameplay and tone of RE7), I know exactly what they're going for. And I think it's boring, trite, shit.

you can find a useable axe in the re7 demo

>Based on the teaser (which was stated by the devs to have nothing to do with the story but everything to do with the gameplay and tone of RE7), I know exactly what they're going for. And I think it's boring, trite, shit.

yes, you are 14 and you are smart, we know user, here's a cookie

To make the environments seem prettier.

But yeah, it's fucking ridiculous.

Not him, but I feel the exact same way. Get fucked, you casual shitter.

What? What is "smart" about having an opinion about the Streamer Resident Evil game?

What the fuck is going on in this thread?

because you two have forgotten your origins as idiots on Cred Forums who know nothing, and you think that you actually have an accurate opinion of something which is hugely influenced by your frequenting of boards such as Cred Forums

basically you think this bubble of casual-hate and moaning and bitching by autists is the real world, when it's just neo-Cred Forums being neo-Cred Forums

>accurate opinion
>bubble of casual-hate and moaning and bitching by autists
>neo-Cred Forums
Are you going to call me 14 again and litter your post with internet buzzwords, or are you going to attempt to respond to my question. You know what, you don't need to. I know why you think that having an opinion is "smart".

It's because you're fucking stupid as shit. How's that for an "accurate opinion". What in the fuck is an accurate opinion? Fucking lel.

>itt: "IT'S IN FIRST PERSON AND THIS SINGLE 2-MINUTE PROMO TEASER DOESN'T LOOK LIKE RE2 REEEEEEEEEEE"
How about you go play the demo and come back when you know what the fuck you're talking about you giant crybaby.

HURR DURR

>What in the fuck is an accurate opinion?

one developed in a context that accurately represents conditions as they are in the real world rather than focusing on one or another set of perceptions reinforced by popular or common exposure

fuck it i should've known better than to speak to the plebs

And yet you continue to be negative. Just like I said. And just like you'll continue to be.

>RE7
>youtube jumpscare simulator the game
>proper RE

hi marketer, how much does capcom pay?

>y-you're idiots
>you know nothing
Fuck off, retard.

>accurately represents conditions as they are in the real world
>i should've known better than to speak to the plebs
This fucking post is autist poetry.

>y-you're idiots
>you know nothing
Fuck off, retard.

there's a difference between having the option to plan what to kill and what not to kill, and figure out the most effective route to get items and progress through the game without using too many health items, saves, or weapon ammo, versus the game only giving you the option to run and hide.

So no, it's not the same, you're a baiting faggot

What part of Texas chainsaw massacre is not redneck to you?

You are truly the biggest retard I've ever met on this site.

>real resident evil game
>literally less like RE than 6
how about no

Face it. He blew you the fuck out.

Right because any negative criticism of this abortion is only because people here are incapable of reasoning by themselves and must default to the Cred Forums hive-mind.

You're trying really hard to build up those mental walls around yourself and your opinion, you strike me as a small small person who needs to be validated by the quality of the opinions he/she holds. This post is fucking depressing to read through.

there's a difference between "this doesn't look very good, it probably won't play like the RE i like so i'm not looking forward to it" and "lol youtube streamer amnesia shit hi shills"

Not him but you're depressing as well. Stop getting mad at video games. Calm the fuck down.

My main concern is that the game is destined to be very linear like the First Person Horror Games inspired by it.

Classic RE was very fun and replayable because there were two ways of replaying it. Beginners and dumb players would waste ammo and would have to figure out ways to get around. And those who knew how the game worked would try to get the fastest time and have fun killing the enemies with stupidly powerful stuff like the Rocket Launcher.

Even the final games retained this somewhat making it fun to replay the campaign.. It looks though that this is very linear and movie like so that no matter what you're going to get stunned by the Family Man or lose your weapons.

And even if it turns out to be a very polished and well told Outlast style game it's still a downgrade from the old Resident Evil design and will only be worth playing through once.

Also no Mercenaries probably.

How was Mario 64 different? It had everything you would expect in a Mario game (platforming, level variety, puzzles, powers, Bowser) and more.

Huh?

>people on the Capcom boards don't like the game
>people on the RE-Capcom boards don't like the game
>people on Cred Forums don't like the game
>wherever the game is brought up a shitstorm occurs because of the infighting in causes among its fanbase
>"IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL NEO-Cred Forums AND YOU CAN'T THINK FOR YOURSELVES"
No you fucking idiot, it's because this game is universally causing shit among the people who are supposed to be excited for it? What does that tell you?

The next step of this shitposting retardation is you backtracking and telling everyone to "stop being mad".

How is any game different by that logic? It has gameplay, graphics and a method of control.

You're simplifying in a way any idiot can do. Use your head to figure how to differentiate.

Has a very true detective s1 feel to it setting wise.

The difference is only in how you post your displeasure at this unappealing mess, not that you find it unappealing.

I'm on Cred Forums and I like the game. Try again.

Whatever you say.

Alright, so what? Did I say that everyone doesn't like it or that it's causing infighting on those boards because people don't like it?

Why don't you take a minute and read before posting.

Southern accents and open spaces isn't the only things that encompassed true detective.

Thanks for admitting you're wrong. Usually people are too proud to do it.

Have played neither a 2D Mario or Mario 64 ever
Okay let me help you out

>Three whole dimensions
>You must collect stars to unlock levels
>There is no timer, stages may be explored at your leisure
>By the way, exploration of stages is how you're going to find stars
>There is a fucking hub world

I'm just going to end this shit here because I know you're the type of retard to argue a stupid point way into the ground just because you're too vain to back down about being wrong.

>caring about neo-Capcom fans

These are the same people who embrace RE6 nowadays.

I like it and I'm on Cred Forums. Get over it. People like the game.

Try again.

Serious question

Why does LP shit bother people so much here? It's not like anyone's putting a gun to your head and forcing you to watch shitty meme internet culture stuff, so why do you complain about something you don't even bother with?

Liking it and posting on Cred Forums means nothing, what the fuck are you talking about?

>Classic Resident Evil
Games that make multiple playthroughs rewarding with secrets players probably didn't initially discover.
>Amnesia/Outlast and possible RE7
Linear single player games that are fun the first time but don't have much else to them.

The same way retards like you praise re4. Young people are stupid. You were stupid and now people praising re6 are stupid.

>they removed the timer in Mario 64
Literally a shitty shit game for babyshit casuals. Kidtendo BTFO

Do you want a medal?

Of course it means something. Suddenly you're frantic and upset. Is it so out of the ordinary that people like this game? They do. Get over it.

Try again.

Read the comment chain.

It's a reason for them to shitpost.

Also, I don't get the point of complaining about LPs. Literally every AAA game has an LP on youtube.

Fuck off grandpa. Re4 is better and harder than 1-3.

I'm playing through REmake on hard and the ammo is pretty scarce.

Huh?

Read this again , like fucking holding a retarded toddlers hand here swear to god.

Do you want some kind of gratification? You're so against people liking the game and it makes no difference. I like the game. Others do to. Get over it.

Try again.

Really don't care. Resident Evil hasn't been good in like ten years.

I think it's gonna be fun but I hope it isn't linear and only fun in one playthrough like the other user said.

Sure thing. Go reminisce about green day music some more retard.

Tell that to my 8 year old self who had to get past a couple segments in RE2 with just the knife.

Yes if you know what you're doing and not a dumb kid RE2 is a cakewalk. But if you're a careless child like I was you could be out of bullets for a while and it did make the game far more nerve racking.

Even a toddler would know how atrocious your grammar is.

Try again.

i played that lantern demo in both vr and without

ask me anything

What am I trying again?

What are you talking about?

And why are you posting so much?
Why do you get so frustrated that people don't like this shit that you start to repeat the same thing like an angry teenager?

Fair enough. Now couldn't have you just said that before without being an ass?

Inb4 LEL DAT WAS NOT MEE

Go fuck yourself.

How are the graphics and framerates in VR? Do you move with a tranditional controller or the PS move cancer?

>le Revelations 2 is bad maymay
I want reddit, neo-Cred Forums, and every other memeing shittaste fuck on this board to go and stay go

That actually wasn't me lol. I just popped into the thread.

Why do you get frustrated people like it? They do. Relax.

Try again.

I think it looks like boring fucking FPS-jump scare garbage.

Gotta hand it to Capcom though, they included weapons and shit in the trailer and in every fucking press release they've done so retards think that it'll be a "proper" Resident Evil game.

This thread has gone full cancer.

SHUT IT DOWN

So is it like finding a note ala 4// itchy tasty and playing through it?

Starting with you.

>Jump scares? In MY Resident Evil?

In after LEL DAT WAS NOT MEE

I'm convinced that most people who like RE7 aren't actually fans of the series.

How so?

>ZOMG TEH JUMP SCARES IN RE DAT NEVER HAS HAPPE...

Oh wait

SS'd, will use for future RE7 threads. This shit is fucking gold.

It's a goldmine dude, just let it flow. Dudes are in here basically sticking their fingers in there ears and screaming "I'M NOT LISTENING TRY AGAIN".

No shit, welcome to the party, you're fucking late.

graphics are insanely good. framerate i dont have a great eye for but im sure was as 60 all the way through. it never chugged or anything. something about it looked way more impressive than on a regular tv, maybe due to the depth perception, but graphics seemed better definitely

traditional controller. only weird thing was you have to flick the RS left and right to change the way you face, considering you cant just turn your head for direction change (we want to return our heads to its natural position). ive seen in other games you can turn this flicking thing off and just have free horizontal camera movement (allowing to hold it down) but i didnt have time to go through options or whatever

>secondary player has to control the flashlight
>coop player has to play a boring character
>have to rely on retarded npc ai in SP mode

Revelations 2 a shit

>Use your head to figure how to differentiate.
Or maybe you state the differences.

>Three whole dimensions
That's not the same as changing perspective, which drastically alters how the game is designed and can be played. Mario from 2D to 3D just brought more freedom. Mario 64 even goes out of its way to maintain the similarities by adding in similar levels like Rainbow Ride that works like a 2d autoscroller.

>You must collect stars to unlock levels
Stars were already established as a source of power in previous games. Bowser wanting to manipulate them only makes sense.

>There is no timer, stages may be explored at your leisure
True, but there's a trade off there. Like Mario could no longer stay under wonder indefinitely without assistance.

>By the way, exploration of stages is how you're going to find stars
Not that different from exploring levels for secrets in the previous games.

>There is a fucking hub world
It was basically a 3D minimap.

>I'm just going to end this shit here because I know you're the type of retard to argue a stupid point way into the ground just because you're too vain to back down about being wrong.
So you're already know you're wrong? Alright then.

Captain Obvious! Thank god you've arrived.

>No true Scotsman

I own most of the games in the RE series and regularly play through the classic RE games (and prefer them).

I still think RE7 looks neat (maybe not as good as RE1 or 2, but miles ahead of 5 and 6) and no amount of your shitposting is going to convince me otherwise.

So you're that butthurt? That's the real treasure.

I'm a big fan of most of the series (dont care for 5 and 6) and at the very least Im optimistic about 7.

Not that Im saying it's guaranteed good, I just hope it isnt shit. There's nothing else Im interested in game wise, this is like the one thing Im wanting to play just get some kind of opinion on.

That said, I side with most of the people worrying about it being an Outlast/Amnesia clone. I want some variety and horror rarely gets it

Is this a spin off Breaking Bad?

The differences how long since been stated. You were too simple minded to see them.

Man, does that look boring and unappealing.

I'll be watching the cutscene compilation though, see how they tie it into the REverse that they said they're not scrapping.

Hey guys, I'm about to meet Aunt Rhody.
Do you want me to tell her anything?

>(dont care for 5 and 6)
>doesn't include 4
your opinion is worthless.

>The differences how long since been stated.
Where? In your ass? Sorry, not enough room for me up there.

Tell her how much of a cocksucking faggot you are, memer.

>RE's appeal is giant genetic monsters
>accidental Viral outbreaks
>established characters that old and new fans both recognize
>big scary megapowerful corporations
>"Let's make a FPS VR game with none of that"
Why not just make another IP? What the fuck, lol.

Capcom never fails to make a spectacular mess of things.

You make this post when all we have is a demo and some trailers, neither of which tell the entire story?

>doesnt like 4
I doubt that's even your real opinion

It's just something edgy contrarians claim to boost their classic cred.

>either of which tell the entire story
The devs have announced the story, announced that they are scaling back on "cameos" from the original cast, and announced that this game is taking a 'different approach' to the RE world.

Why are you being willfully ignorant? If you're excited about the game, that's fine, your subpar taste is no skin off of my ass. But this is something your beloved devs have outright confirmed.

Ah yeah i remember booting up my psx in 98 and saying "finally i can play as the famous leon s kennedy and claire redfield"

It's not bad, but it's the exact same formula as RE5 and 6. Its story is the only thing that surpasses RE6, the rest is the exact same shit with RE5 controls.

That you said you didn't like RE5 or 6 is completely valid, but that you enjoyed 4 while not liking those games is either because of rose tint or retardation.

>The devs have announced the story, announced that they are scaling back on "cameos" from the original cast, and announced that this game is taking a 'different approach' to the RE world.
None of that says that the stuff you just listed won't be included.

Why do you need to see Chris or Jill for something like corporate corruption? I'm not being willfully dense, but you are certainly being a retard.

sensiblechuckle.avi

Seriously comparing a franchise in its infancy, and in the market it was in back in 1998, with the market that RE7 (and the entire RE franchise) now dwells in is laughably stupid.

Fuck off IGN

>None of that says that the stuff you just listed won't be included.
I see, so you're just taking it on faith that it will be included That is depressing.

It looks alright. Considering that everything that's came out of the franchise for the past few years has been steaming dogshit, the fans should be grateful that this one looks, at the very least, somewhat scary.

I mean it'll probably be shit, but it's a step in the right direction.

I didn't say it would be included or that it wouldn't be. I'm calling you a retard for saying that it won't based on your flimsy evidence.

I think i'll be waiting for it to hit the bargain bin before I think about purchasing it.

Thank God you don't work at Capcom, or else the series would just be Chris/Jill/Wesker every fucking game.

Why is that?

Nope not a resident evil game just le spooky jumpscares Outlast, Amensia clones.

>Look how retarded i am

>pc

>IT HAS GUNS!

Fuck off and play your shitty meme game destined to be overly hyped by youtubers and 11 year olds.

The same way you go from that to shitty third person shooter in spain with spiderman in a leather jacket

>If its a horror game its pewdiepie game

You are the meme yourself

>tfw you like every RE and everyone else are nitpicking children who can't learn to have fun

>people are still spouting the game has no combat meme

The fucking ESRB description mentions a chainsaw being a usable weapon, what other Resident Evil games let you be the chainsaw wielding maniac instead of just being hunted by them?

You're lingering in this "limbo" of wait and see, ignoring any and all "evidence" that has been given out freely by Capcom up to this point. It's horribly stupid. It's reminiscent of that image of a guy shitting on a plate and asking how you know it's going to be shit.

I'm basing my opinions off of developer interviews, the "not PT" demo, and the horribly put together trailers. You are ignoring all those things, and the negatives that come with them, and saying "well we don't know anything for sure". Which is bullshit, utter bullshit. It's sitting in a corner and going "well iunno" and shrugging your shoulders.

You're right, neither of us know for sure what's going to be in the game, the fucking content they've released so far could all be a front and when you pop the disk in it could be RE6 again and a message saying "lol fuck you cunts we liked it". The difference between you and I however is that I am a sensible consumer who researches a product before I decided to spend money on it just because I can, and you are an overinvested fanboy who wants so desperately to prove "RE7haters" wrong that you're not paying heed to the "evidence" at all.

Same here, RE4 was an action game but the controls and setting added alot of tension for me. So it atleast felt scary, which I know is subjective. RE5 basically went all action and I was never scared at any point, fun but it wasn't what I wanted. RE6 is garbage. I am interested to see what they do with this, but the trailers are feeling kind "jump scary." The family looks kind of spooky but meh they don't really do it for me.

>You're lingering in this "limbo" of wait and see
I stopped reading here because you act as if "wait and see" is causing me any sort of distress. Either it does or it don't. I'm playing SNES ROMs right now and RE7 is not going to have any kind of adverse effect on my life one way or the other.

Agreed
I liked all of the main ones.
5-6 are coop games though and shouldnt be played alone with AI.

I like that they go back to the originals with 7.

It's a first person horror game with jumpscares, ganado-like enemies, and zero atmosphere (in the demo, at least)

If you're planning on 100% RE6, then play through No Hope mode solo.
Trust me.

>I stopped reading before I even finished the first sentence of your argument

>I stopped reading here because you act as if "wait and see" is causing me any sort of distress
No i'm not, but that you would stop reading there because a sentence angered you shows what kind of person you are. Your response perfectly encapsulates the definition of an "RE7 defender" as it is put in these threads.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt, and I shouldn't have. Pathetic.

>and zero atmosphere (in the demo, at least)
t. faggot who plays in the daytime without headphones

I'm not even defending the game, just saying that you're approaching this from some bad angles. I already admitted the game might turn out to be shit.

But please, keep rushing to categorize things in simple black and white categories, a pro and anti RE7 camp, when in reality, I'm pretty ambivalent about the whole thing.

The RE7 demo is like a shitty haunted house attraction. Only instead of having the whole house to explore, you have a couple of hallways and a handful of rooms.

There's only so much the game can have/do in that space to try to build a sense of dread, and the demo doesn't do nearly enough.

>a ghost you can easily miss seeing
>rotten food
>seemingly random creaks and clicks
>Andre in the basement
>an infected guy who punches you
Wow, so scary.

If your game is only good during the night, and with headphones on to reinforce the atmosphere that you cannot create any other way, then it's not a good game.

>I like that they go back to the originals with 7.
Originals were never like 7 though.

There's no reason to play a horror game in the daytime unless you're a fucking child.

>the NEET attempts to tell a working man when he should play a game
right

>NEET
I have a job though? If you work the night shifts like I do, just wake up an hour before work instead of 9 in the morning.

I hope we get to see the TV crew stuffed away somewhere. That'd be a neat little easter egg.

>Denial - the thread
It's shit
Thank Sony