What the fuck did they do to Halo?

What the fuck did they do to Halo?

>Humans are literally more powerful than the Covenant now.
>Everyone and their mother is now a Spartan for some reason.
>ONI seems to have traded their brains for infinite power and funding.
>Forerunners. Forerunners everywhere.

Other urls found in this thread:

halopedia.org/SPARTAN-IV_Augmentation_Program
mega.nz/#!P1ABTQYC!7f-3vuNJ5hUS17KZvaw4GJvzPVvORacaS-p6pOG0oi0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=6qfx9eoB-88
scooterpsu.github.io/
youtube.com/watch?v=6qfx9eoB-88
webmd.com/pain-management/chronic-pain-conditions
youtube.com/watch?v=iNhfuhiveUM
youtu.be/8NZjxCALOQw?t=4m8s
youtube.com/watch?v=sBi_xx26ClM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=q_pAa9252Uo
youtube.com/watch?v=44IxwYa0ujc
youtube.com/watch?v=eu7VKEBelEk
youtube.com/watch?v=JFOJ13sw8o4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just pretend it ended at 3.

They answered too many questions and now there's none of that "cosmic mystery" feeling Halo used to have. Buy hey at least Cortana gets hotter with every game for some reason.

>more powerful than covenant

Thats what happens when a faction collapses and is primarily destroyed.

On top of that Humanity has been adapting Forerunner tech to their shit.

>Everyone and their mother is now a Spartan for some reason.

Technological advances (which is common place) now allows for ODST and special forces to just put on a suit without cybernetics.

Its no different than the fact that in Halo 2 the gauss rifle was a big gun on a truck but in 4 its a small handheld thing. Shit gets better

>ONI is super evil shadow gov't

Day One nigga

>forerunners

Yeah why wouldn't the intergalactic super race be everywhere.

wow.

>Covenant is immitative, not innovative, and humans can do more with Covenant tech than the Covernant
>Spartan program has been expanded with every iteration
>Forerunners are indeed literally everywhere because that's what happens when you rule a galaxy
I'm ot seeing a problem.

343 lore happened, that's what

Think about it: bungie meant halo 3 to end all halos, the ending fit just right. After they did reach, "lol here 343 fuck our shit up."

God, if bungie didn't hand halo over to try to be their own independent studio away from microjew, there would be:
No microtransactions
No retarded story telling
Better game types

Everyone play master chief collection and not halo 5 for now on

ONI were always Space Stasi. It's just after 343 and by extension Traviss got their grubby hands on them the Space Stasi thought stepping into the light is a good idea.

>allows for ODST and special forces to just put on a suit without cybernetics
Does the Spartan IV program really not have cybernetics? The entire advancement of the Spartan III program was that the cybernetic enhancements had a much higher success rate and could be used on a wider range of people.

Yep. Its basically power rangers.

This. What they did to Halo is exactly like what i feel Prometheus did to Alien.

Halo 6 better bring back splitscreen I swear to god. Literally the only reason that made it a good console shooter.

Consider this your just punishment for praising halo 2 and ruining FPS games as we know it.

Have some dignity and admit that CE was the true halo.

>every game
5 was terrible

4's was hottest though. Would have been tough to beat

>Day One nigga

No, ONI was never this incompetent. I mean, why the fuck are they funding Covenant remnants to the point where the Arbiter was on the verge of losing and the Covenant was about to reform with a bunch of hidden Forerunner weapons?

That's fucking stupid and messing with things for no reason.

>Covenant remnants to the point where the Arbiter was on the verge of losing and the Covenant was about to reform with a bunch of hidden Forerunner weapons

Have you not played MW2?

>Humans are literally more powerful than the Covenant now.
The Covenant has been dead since 3.

>Forerunners. Forerunners everywhere.
Only one shows up and one kind of makes an appearance because she made an AI clone of herself. Hardly everywhere. Unless you mean tech, but that's been literally everywhere since the first game.

> 343 lore happened
The story from the two main 343i games were based on stuff Bungie literally set up. The problem is that the writing is fucking shit (Brian Reed) and they've had to gut both games.

False: halopedia.org/SPARTAN-IV_Augmentation_Program
They still use cybernetics and augmentations, they're just less extensive (and less dangerous to do) than previous Spartan generations. The majority of the power does come from the MJOLNIR suits though.

Kilo-Five trilogy had a lot of stupid shit. Thank Karen Traviss for that.

This
Also, fucking sick of all the Forerunner bs

We were holding out against them pretty well even with our comparatively crap technology, so once we got to pick theirs apart we ended up way ahead.

The "everyones a spartan" is them writing themselves out of a corner. 2's are all dead, cannonically cost a shitload and so strong they were pretty much responsible for winning the war, so they cant use those. 3's are all dead because they were supposed to be crappier. So then we get 4's and so on because they already did an ODST game and need more super soldiers.

I heard ONI's weird transition from "organization that does morally wrong shit because humanity is at stake" to "cartoon villainy and youtube illuminati conspiracy" is the fault of one of the book writers, the one who they hired after the guy (maybe guys) who did the earlier ones quit.

The prevalence of Forerunners is just silliness. I call this Dark Tower Syndrome. When an author creates some interesting stuff, but doesn't explain much about it, making it mysterious and somewhat scary, but then ruins everything that made it interesting with mass exposition halfway through the series.

Can we all agree that Brian Reed should be replaced?

>They still use cybernetics and augmentations, they're just less extensive (and less dangerous to do) than previous Spartan generations. The majority of the power does come from the MJOLNIR suits though.
So if a Spartan II gets a new MJOLNIR mode it means he is twice as strong as he was before?

It wouldn't be that tough. Just give her longer hair and bigger tits (not too much bigger, just enough to notice). Pump her up a little bit.

The Halo CE pistol being classified as legitimate power weapon is enough to make me enjoy the Halo 5 multiplayer. That extra speed is cool, but that three-shot kill is what really gets me going. I've been having a blast with the custom games on PC.

I think the II's armor is the strongest they ever made. I remember reading one of the spinoff books like a decade ago, and there was a part where a II took a suit of Spartan III armor instead of his own suit, and thinking "Dude are you fucking retarded? Thats like taking a Civic over a tank!"

>What the fuck did they do to Halo?
They didn't let it die when it shout have. Halo 3 was the natural conclusion to a more-or-less solid trilogy.

Poor and completely wrong choices in regards to art direction. (see Fotus)

Story and writing so bad that makes the original trilogy look like Shakespeare by comparison.

Changing gameplay to pander to cod faggots and the competitive crowd.

I could probably go on, but I see no need. Anyone who's not a braindead fanboy moved away from halo long ago. Anyone who still plays/defends halo at this point would probably buy literal shit in a box if it had the halo brand on it.

Unrelated to Halo, but what happened in Dark Tower? I never got to read it.

Everything after Halo 3 are deep hallucinations inside John's mind as he slowly slips away into a cryogenically induced coma that he will never wake from.

I swear we finished the fight in '07.

Then we went and played as a dude watching the fight get finished.

Then we saw how the fight got started.

Then started a whole new fight which nobody wanted.

Dark Tower as in the last book in the series? A whole lot of silly shit, and a mostly silly ending. That series really took a dive after Wizard and Glass.

SIIs are the strongest Spartans, they where genetically selected and underwent genetic and anatomical enchantments plus what SIII and SIV got.
Not to mention they where trained as kids, but thanks to the new lore the armor you put a slightly better SIII on the SIV armor and you got another SII.

As in the book series. I remember reading how it was really good and such, and introduced eldritch abominations from beyond the veil or something like that.

the crimson king was the big bad for most of the books, and then you meet him and he is santa claus

You can't be serious.

Which I'm still fucking mad about. There is no way in hell a Spartan IV should be able to stand up to a II. Yet we see Chief and Locke evenly fight like drunks in Halo 5.

The stories in 4 and 5 may have been shit, but the books are still good.

All 5 of the halo novels that came out in 2015 were either Fall of Reach tier or better.

Yes, but even his stuff in 5 was a step up from 4's awful bullshit,

And he literally yells STAY AWAY FROM MY TOWER REEEEEEEEEEEEEE and tosses fucking explosive Harry Potter snitches at Roland. And King says he's off the coke. Maybe he should get back on it.

Books 1-4 were pretty fucking great, but in my opinion at least they really went downhill after that. Lost the atmosphere and general style that made them so much fun to read.

he also attacks with blugers, (or snitches been a while so i forget) the harry potter thing

Dont forget how he doesn't get killed by Roland or any of his JRPG party, but by some fucking rando they found fifty pages earlier.

I have no problems with humanity entering into a golden age of spaceshit after defeating the forces that nearly genocided them.

All this Forerunner shit is horrible though

>evenly

u wot, cheif won that fight by a pretty big margin. Locke got some hits in and it started out evenly but after a while John's superior strength and endurance widened the gap.

>Anyone who still plays/defends halo at this point would probably buy literal shit in a box if it had the halo brand on it.
Halo 5's gameplay is actually good though, it's issue is just the story is completely unnoteworthy and the campaign is short as balls.

The MP for 5 is great.

Nothing can ever take memories of Halo 3 custom games, multiplayer, and pre-2010 bungie.net away from me, so I don't care.

It might be that King is in his creative decline. Authors do lose their creative ability as they age though, so it's not uncommon. Still that's pretty damn hilarious (and awful). Thanks for the responses, anons.

>but the books are still good.
>Saint's Testimony
>Glasslands
>Thursday War
>Mortal Dictata
>Broken Circle
>"good"

and don't say "but i said past 2015" because that's a bullshit qualification. You can't say "they're still good" if you cut out all the absolute shit ones.

Shadow of Intent and Last Light are good. The Forerunner trilogy is bland sci fi, but vaguely acceptable. That's it.

Bungie created a fairly simple but interesting story

>Forerunners built shit
>Flood came
>Covenant got confused and wanted to kill everyone
>Humans are Forerunners

The plot was simple and compelling. In fact, once they made the Elites good guys it sort of ruined it. Oracles being d-bags leading stupid, aggressive Elites is cool.

All Halo games on Steam when?

Did we watch the same fight? Locke looked like he was winning, even smashing Chief's visor, until Chief pulled a fast one and used the armor lock on him.

You mean what Aliens did to Alien?

Can the flood just return already?

> HOOMANS ARE THE ENLIGHTENED RACE ALL ALONG
Fucking garbage

Depends when Microsoft puts them on Win10. Maybe you'll see them on Steam later.

probably in 5+ years, it'll take a while for microsoft to realise that their store is utter shit, almost 70 bucks for the standard digital edition of every new game? are they fucking crazy?
and you can't even find those cheap grey market keys like on steam

I like the idea that humans are genetically Forerunners, but have none of their knowledge. It's a simple scifi twist that works in such a simple series.

Singleplayer: 2>3>Reach>ODST>1>5
Multiplayer: 3>2>5>Reach>1>>>>>>>>ODST
debate this you can't

Broken Circle, Last Light, Hunters in the Dark, Shadow of intent, and saints testimoney are all TfoR tier or better, and I stand by that.

And I did say "in 2015". If you wanna apply it to 343 books in general, then:

>Cryptum, Silentium are both god tier, well above tFor, being in the same category as GoO and contact harvest
>Primordium is pretty good, i'd put it tied with tFoR
>Glasslands and thursday war are alright, but not great. Below TfoR and first strike, but above Cole Protocole and The Flood
>Mortal dictata is shit
>Evolutions is on par with Broken Circle and last light, IE one notch below Ghosts of Onyx

I had a full tier list somehwere but I can't find it.

That's not the impression I got.

Pretty close, to what I think, i'd say

SP:
2>Reach=ODST>3>1>5>4

MP:
2>5>1>3=Reach>4

>putting 1's multiplayer over 3
i'll have to respectfully disagree user
also what do you mean by 4? are you talking about halo wars?

I want you TOSURRENDERTHATAI

Yes. but to a much lesser degree.

Is Halo Mythos worth getting?

Also, Aren't there Flood and Star Roads still at the Greater Ark, which was far outside of the range of the Halos?

>Anyone can be a Spartan now
>Everyone fucking quips every two seconds like it's a goddamn Avengers movie
>The complete rape of Halsey's character
>The complete rape of Blue Team
>EGGHEADS
>WWE levels of combat capability in a fight between two Spartans
>Completely ruining the mystery behind the Forerunners and The Flood
>Killing Cortana and then immediately bringing her back
>Trying to force this super bizarre weirdly romantic relationship between a hologram and a man with no sex drive
>Prometheans are fucking shitty and boring to fight
>Promethean weapons are shitty and boring to use
>Leveling system sucks donkey dicks
>Le MLG aiming down sights and sprinting and clambering, just like every other fucking game, further muddying Halo's identity as a shooter
>Armor customization is just Head and Chest now- completely stripped down bullshit
>Alien designs suck shit
>Armor designs suck shit
>Shitty Avengers music- like two good tracks in the whole thing
>Countdown timers and big fucking arrows for all power weapons, because it's now a game for complete retards who can't be assed to look at the fucking clock in the corner of their screen
>Warzone cards is the dumbest idea of all time
>Fucking meme skins
>A bunch of totally shitty books that only mentally handicapped faggots enjoy (and one good book by Joseph Staten)
>Injecting in political bullshit like "Arbiter has female troops in his army! He's so cool and progressive!"

Kurt and Sam died for this.

Literally the only good thing 343 has done is make a good, powerful forge tool. Otherwise everything they've done is 100% dogshit. God, I am constantly baffled at how completely awful the multiplayer for Halo 5 is. It might as well be Call of Duty. If you say otherwise you're confirmed retarded.

Nice shitpost pasta

>Pretend

What are you talking about? We finished the fight.

>Le MLG aiming down sights and sprinting and clambering, just like every other fucking game, further muddying Halo's identity as a shooter
>A bunch of totally shitty books that only mentally handicapped faggots enjoy (and one good book by Joseph Staten)

These are bullshit complaints, these are all either actually good things, or just aren't accurate,

The rest is true though

Denying it exists only makes you look like a faggot.

nice shitpost response

try and find this anywhere faggot you can't because i wrote it

kill yourself, no one would miss you, you're genuinely unmemorable and shit as a person

you dont know that
i feel Im decent as a person

none of that by itself is why it sucks

>shit prometheans that aren't fun to play against
>cortana dies and then is almost immediately announced to be alive again in halo 5, but now she's evil for reasons
>covenant splinter group that still hates humans have crappy designs and don't really serve much of a point other than demonstrating an unwillingness or inability to move away from them as enemies.
>not enough arbiter
>not enough MC (halo 5)
>new spartans are annoying douchebags
>level design is ass
>they expect you to have read ALL of the books to even have any idea of what the fuck is going on
>they had some of the most blatant false advertising for halo 5 that i've ever seen. you don't "hunt the truth" and locke vs chief is a single cutscene, not some large point of the game. and it's an EARLY cutscene in the game! he never went AWOL and they never really act like he did either

and of course, that's not counting how fucking stupid 343i has handled the multiplayer with their continued insistence on Call of Duty -izing the franchise, REQ pack bullshit instead of just being able to earn armor like in reach (and it all looks shit unlike reach's armor choices) and they ship the game trying to cater to an extremely small group of people while ignoring several selling points such as forge and firefight because they can just add these things in later AFTER EVERYONE STOPS CARING.

I'm over here praying The Coalition doesn't fuck up Gears like 343i fucked up Halo. I have some faith though since the beta was good and everything I've seen looks great. Certainly more care for the franchise than Epic had when they shit out Judgment.

Everything 343 has done feels like some one read they shitty books and shat out a terrible fanfic.

The original trilogy was fun and had a very simple story. But you still felt like a hero killing aliens and saving humanity. Reach was a good prequel, although unnecessary.

Halo 4 was awful.

They aren't bullshit complaints.

Aiming down sights and sprinting and clambering and dodge boosting are all shit in the latest COD games. Their inclusion muddies Halo's identity as a shooter. It is now closer than it's ever been to being COD.

Warzone cards ARE dumb. Having a limited amount makes players not want to waste them, so if you're team is losing, then no one wants to use their cards and you lose even harder. Not to mention how much it sucks wasting your one fucking banshee card and then immediately dying.

The books are shit. If you like those shit books, you have shit taste in books. They are badly written books.

Halsey's character was raped.
Blue team's characters were raped.

Anyone CAN be a Spartan now. As long as you work hard enough at being a soldier, you have the capacity to become a Spartan.

O'Connor pointed out that there have been over 1,100 individual Halo SKUs on retail shelves, which includes toys, apparel, and music. Despite generating the company millions of dollars in revenue, O'Connor said 343 Industries is still focused on supporting the videogames above anything else.

"The games are our core and our focus, and every single thing that we do drives to supporting the game."

Ironically, for a universe that is as full and detailed as the one found in Halo, the series' most recognizable character, Master Chief, is incredibly dull and boring, O'Connor said.

"The Master Chief isn't a very well developed character, and he's not supposed to be, he's an avatar for the player; he's a vehicle you drive around and experience adventures through," he said. "So we try to define him by going deeper and broader on the characters and events around him rather than the character himself. And that's a tricky balance in a videogame."

One of the biggest brand expansions Halo fans have been begging for is a full-length feature film. O'Connor said that while he gets asked about a possible upcoming movie just about everywhere he goes, he explained the company will consider a movie when the team is ready.

has any fictional universe ever survived in lore quality when it's been continued only for profit after the main series were completed?

Eh, the Witcher series had a pretty good spinoff series after it ended. Those games were pretty decent and stuck to the lore.

I was under the impression that even after "winning" the war, humanity was basically in ruin. I could be wrong but most colonies were glassed and a chunk of earth was as well. How then, In about 3 years, does humanity end up stronger than before? I'll never understand 343

IIIs are basically as good as IIs. Yeah they weren't ubermensch children trained since the age of 6, but they were trained by a spartan II AND the same guy that trained the IIs. They were a little bit older than IIs when they got picked up, but they all chose to become spartans and the augmentation process had no real risks due to advancements in technology.

IIIs suffered from behavior problems (since they weren't perfect candidates) and were designed as expendable units. Their amor was cheap crap that didn't get shielding, but some of them DID get to use Mjolnir armor just like the IIs got. (most notably would be the squad of IIIs in Halo Reach)

>Halo 5 features

This is bullshit for a few reasons

- It's not actually ADS, it's just zoom that looks like ADS. Like zoom, you get knocked out of it if you get hit, and like zoom, your movement speed isn't effected by it. You also benefit the most by using it the same way as zoom, and will get shit on by using it like ADS. The only difference it has with zoom that's not visual is the fact it's on all the guns, but this is a good thing since it gives many guns an alternate fire mode, which adds depth and utility, and makes autos less shit, both of which helps weapon balance, which halo has always struggled with.

- The thruster/slide shit isn't borrowed from CoD, it's borrowed from titanfall. You say it cheapens halo's unique identyify of a shooter, but halo 5 still plays like a halo game, and it's actually closer to the series's roots then every halo game since 3 has, if not since 2. Thrust is well implemented, adds to the gameplay, and increaes the skilllgap by allowing for more and more complex skilljumps.

Borrowing features from other games is fine as long as it is executed well and it doesn't fundamentally change what makes halo halo.

>REQ stuff

Warzone is a shits and giggle's mode. It's not meant to be competitive. That's not to say there can't be balance issues in warzone, but i don't feel like there are huge ones. Also, even if there were, REQ stuff is justified purely by the custom game potential it offers.

>Books
Rank every halo book you've read then. IMO:

Silentium>Contact Harvest>Ghosts of Onyx>Broken Circle>Cryptum>Last Light>Evolutions>Shadow of Intent>Fall of Reach >Primordium >First Strike >Hunters in the Dark>Saints Testimoney>Glasslands>Cole Protocol >Thursday War>New Blood>The flood>Mortal Dictatata

>Halsey/blue team rape
How?

>S4's
It's only logical that ONI/UNSC would continue to advance the tech behind SPARTAN's/MJOLNIR to where there's a lower bar for candidacy. That's not the issue. The issue is how early we got there

I thought III's were cheaper, less augmented II's that were tossed into armor that was closer to a pimped out ODST suit then real MJOLNIR, and 4's were basically ODST's inside MJOLNIR that's been detuned to not destroy every bone in their body.

The fact that they all play the exact same in the games doesnt help with the confusion.

Your judgement is immediately compromised by being dumb enough to read all those shitty books

I'm not the guy you replied to but kill yourself. Seriously. REQs are cancer.

>Buy hey at least Cortana gets hotter with every game for some reason.

>WAH THE BOOKS ARE SHIT
>Mind going into more detail, I disagree, and here's what I think
>WAH YOUR TASTE IS SHIT FOR ACTUALLY HAVING READ THEM

Is Mortal Dictata is really bad?

I never read the Travis trilogy, so I'm curious now. What was wrong with it?

>Cred Forums is one person
idiot

it's literally referred to as ADS in the game's code

HALSEY IS HITLER HOW DARE SHE MAKE SPARTANS LET'S ALL DIRECTLY COMPARE HER TO HITLER AND ALL STAND IN AGREEMENT THAT SHE IS, IN FACT, DEFINITELY HITLER

I AM NOT THE VOICE OF THE AUTHOR- I AM DEFINITELY MY OWN CHARACTER, WE ARE ALL UNIQUE CHARACTERS WHO JUST SO HAPPEN TO UNANIMOUSLY AGREE THAT HALSEY IS HITLER FOR WHAT SHE DID

The first two travis books are sub par for halo books, but get more shit then the deserve and are still pretty decent, especially the sections that focus on sanghelios.

The issue is Mortal dictata, the last one, abadons the sangehlios stuff and just focuses on the weakest parts of first two books, essentially, and only aggravates their issues.

For instance, a lot of people complain that the travis books demonize halsey. I really don't think this is an accurate complaint for the first two, since the only characters that do this are ONI and were choosen to go on this mission by paragonsky speffically BECAUSE they hate halsey to begin with.

But then in mortal dictata, they amp up the halsey hate to hilarious levels and even the characters that correctly saw that halsey is a very morally grey person drink the coolaid and say she's worse then hitler.

Actually getting around to uploading all of Escalation like I said I would.

I don't care what it's called, the fact of the matter is gameplay wise it's nigh identical to the zoom we've always had, is used exactly like zoom, and improves weapon balance.

I have not played any Halo games. But I keep on hearing from people that to fully get what's going on you gotta read this book and this book and so on.

Is it really like that? You'd think a franchise that started in video games would just take playing the games to get.

>people still care about Halo in 2016

Halo ended at 3, anything after that doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned (except for ODST, that was good)

It's only like that for the 343i games.

Surprise surprise, the 343 games are shit.

You don't need to read the books, the games are still really good without them, but the books are actually really good for the most part and add a lot to the series.

>You'd think a franchise that started in video games would just take playing the games to get.

Actually, the first book came out before the first game. Halo has been a multi-media franchise from the start.

The originals are perfectly understandable as games. There are some good books as bonuses (Fall of Reach, Contact Harvest, and Ghosts of Onyx).

Everything that 343 has done is garbage. They don't explain what the fuck is going on. In Halo 4 the main villain they just expect you to know from the books even if you didn't read them. He just fucking shows up and everyone already knows who he is for some reason. Then this Deus Ex Machina lady shows up from the books and it gets dumber from there.

How many Sangheili dicks fill Vale's various holes on a daily basis?

Escalation was a fucking mess.
Got some good edits out of it though.

Thar's bullshit, the 343 games actually make more sense on their own then CE does.

CE doesn't explain shit about what the covenant are, who master cheif is, or even what the UNSC is.

Halo 4 and 5 may throw around a lot of terms that only came up in the books before then, but it's still self demonstrated in game that the didact is evil, he's a forerunner, what his backstory is, and what the promethians are, etc.

If you wanna bitch about the 343 games, then actually bitch about the stuff that's true, like how fucking awful ordiance is or how badly they butchered rampancy

>"The Master Chief isn't a very well developed character, and he's not supposed to be, he's an avatar for the player"
At least Frankie is still somewhat base.

But Epic didn't make Judgement

People Can Fly did

see

how about i stick my dick in sangheili various holes

>We
WUZ

>343 Halo

Also, both the didact and the librarian were introduced in halo 3, not the books, so you just outed yourself as somebody who both doesn't pay attention to the games AND doesn't read the books.

Congratulations.

343 Halo is fan fiction.

Halo 3 > Halo CE > Halo 2 > Halo 5 > Halo 4

2 and 3 were the best

343 has a better ratio of good lore to bad/meh lore then bungie does though

2=1>3>odst>reach>didnt play 5

5's SP is trash but the MP is the best the series has had since 2

oh no he's autistic ;-;

Yup. Canonically, a Spartan-IV in a Gen-2 suit is dead even with a Spartan-II with a Gen-1 suit. Give a Spartan-II a Gen-2 suit, and you've guaranteed whatever you throw that Spartan at is going to be turned into dust.

>mouth flaps with teeth on them
do not lewd the elites user

i can tell from watching that its not.

>tfw when landing on the ring for the first time

It isn't even in my top 5 games but if there was one game I could go back and replay for the first time it would be halo.

You're a fucking idiot.

It's very easy to understand what's going on in the original games. Master Chief is a guy in a big armor. He's in a small ship. They're being chased by a big ship. You can immediately infer the relationship the covenant has with humanity.

By Halo 2, they totally explain Covenant society and it's power structure and it's religious interests and shit, as well as further explaining Spartans and everything.

MEANWHILE, 343 has made both Halo 4, and Halo 5, and is NO CLOSER to explaining itself, much less having a consistent fucking villain. First it's the Didact, then it's the Warden, then it's Cortana, which wouldn't be a problem if we didn't all fucking know the Didact isn't dead, and if Cortana's twist wasn't completely retarded.

I didn't "out" myself you blithering fuckhead.

Having characters mentioned in random fucking text logs hidden throughout a game without any context for what they're talking about unless you're already knowledgeable with the series lore, THEN making those two characters INTEGRAL to the next two game's plots, and having absolutely no one question their presence is fucking retarded.

Are you seriously this fucking stupid?
>Hurr de were in da text log so DAT MEan itzz gud writing
kys

How did we go from this

Would John becoming a SPARTAN IV even give him any benefit?

>>We
>WUZ
KANGZ

to THIS?

Anytime there is a mystical power given to the MC, and the MC is special because of that power. It will slowly be given to other characters to the point were its no even special anymore.
See DBZ

Actually, from what I remember, humans weren't Forerunners, but were the race the Forerunners chose to inherit all their shit when it became apparent that they were so fucked the Rings were the only options left to them.
In my opinion, that's the better lore, rather than the "Humans were actually a race that rivaled the Forerunners but lost against the Forerunners and got regressed back into the stone age."

So did they just not give Chief a Gen2 suit and make him keep the old Mark 6?

Because that was an old armor set. The game even stated it. So, he obviously got new armor.

? cmon man i've seen that pasta before unless you are just copypasting your own

Dude started collecting taxes, blew it all on gold plated swag and 24" spinners on his Warthog.

How about you actually try playing it rather then just watching?

I thought it looked shit too till I actually tried it.

is this Archie comics?

>The Flood is now a fungus that got mixed into pet food, infecting the Forerunner's dogs and cats.

i haven't played 5 yet, but 4 showing a forerunner and having cortana ai suddenly having a lifespan hurt the story hardcore.

>justifying reqs

That's not actually what the flood is.

Finish reading the forerunner books. You clearly only read the first 2 or didn't pay attention at all for the third one

You objectively haven't because I literally just wrote it

>B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-BUT I LOVE THE FORERUNNER TRILOGY! THEY'RE GOOD SCI FI BOOKS EVEN THOUGH I'VE NEVER READ ANY OTHER BOOKS BEFORE AND AM ALSO ILLITERATE

343 is trash

Halo Escalation. Drawn by Dark Horse comics.
Someone dumped it about a year ago.

Is that RAY in the background?

You know Frank O'Connor went to 343 right?

Are you fucking kidding me? Less than 10 years ago everyone on this board bitched about HALO KIDDIES RUINING GAMING. It's hard for me to believe that those very same Halo kiddies actually took over this fucking place.

halo 3 elites were husband material

Except that didn't happen dumbfuck

We had plenty of Halo 2 custom games threads

It did, retard. This game was the Naruto of Cred Forums. It is and always will be literally a game for kids.

I just recently got the pc version of halo, why the fuck didn't they leave in co-op campaign? Seems like it would be a really easy thing to put in.

>QT azn shorthair
>jive talkin' cyber momma
>Manface Mctrannytits
>Soccer mom with saggy tits and a cyber-bikini
Halo should have never got a sequel

if you're like me then you're 30 and there's no point fighting it.
fpses in general went downhill hard over the years and now halo seems better than it was.

Nope, he got an up-to-date Gen-2 suit.
Which makes the fistfight with Locke all the more retarded.
There wasn't anything wrong with Cortana having a lifespan; AI's have a seven-year operating period was pretty much common knowledge, and almost every fan was expecting it to come up in the next game.
The problem is that she, against all logic and reason, didn't stay dead.

>Kurt and Sam died for this.

Too soon

Except that's just straight up factually false.

4 and 5 both go more in depth with what characters are, what their backstories are, and info about factions then CE does.

This is fact,

>Master Chief is a guy in a big armor. He's in a small ship. They're being chased by a big ship. You can immediately infer the relationship the covenant has with humanity.

This same logic applies to halo 4, except halo 4 also goes into more details then that

Marty o Donnell isn't a part if it so I don't buy it

How are you not over this yet?

>it'll take a while for microsoft to realise that their store is utter shit

Why do that when they can just make other stores harder and harder to use with updates to their OS so you won't be able to use any other store?

Halo was a lot more popular back then which is why Cred Forums hated it more. Same thing has been happening with MW2.

Are you the same user that posted the escalation comics last year April?

Fuck seeing that train wreck was hilarious first time around.

You literally lying. You're not even giving examples. You're just saying "no. I'm right". You don't even have an argument.

In Halo 4, the Didact comes out of his dumbass bubble, and Cortana instantly says "Chief, it's The Didact", as though they already knew him. There is no explanation. And Chief immediately springs into action and runs away even though he has no fucking context for who The Didact is.

On top of that, all they ever explain about him is that he doesn't think "humanity deserves the mantle", and that he made digital people a long time ago. That's it. Anything that might actually make him even remotely compelling is in a book.

Agreed
>Everyone fucking quips every two seconds like it's a goddamn Avengers movie
Agreed
Agreed
What?
>EGGHEADS
Agreed
>WWE levels of combat capability in a fight between two Spartans
Agreed
>Completely ruining the mystery behind the Forerunners and The Flood
Agreed
>Killing Cortana and then immediately bringing her back
Agreed
>Trying to force this super bizarre weirdly romantic relationship between a hologram and a man with no sex drive
Halo Graphic Novel, Nightfall, Glasslands, and Last Light say otherwise
>Prometheans are fucking shitty and boring to fight
Agreed
>Promethean weapons are shitty and boring to use
Agreed
>Leveling system sucks donkey dicks
Agreed, don't know whay they bought it back after the abomination known as Reach
Agreed
>Armor customization is just Head and Chest now- completely stripped down bullshit
Agreed
>Alien designs suck shit
Agreed
>Armor designs suck shit
Agreed
>Shitty Avengers music- like two good tracks in the whole thing
Agreed
>Countdown timers and big fucking arrows for all power weapons, because it's now a game for complete retards who can't be assed to look at the fucking clock in the corner of their screen
Agreed
Agreed
>Fucking meme skins
Agreed
Kill yourself
>Injecting in political bullshit like "Arbiter has female troops in his army! He's so cool and progressive!"
Didn't have a problem with this but that shit with Vale bitching about it did piss me off because I could have figured that shit out myself.

Here's my list of good and bad of 343's Halo:

Good:
>Cortana's redesign, story, and death in 4
>Flying a Pelican
>Death Star trench final level in 4
>"117" track
>bringing all the VAs back and not Kiefering up to signify a new direction or some bullshit
>Halo 5's MP gameplay
>Forge in 5
>Arbiter in 5
>Lasky is bro-tier
>bringing back Buck
>"That belongs to me, you fucking nigger."

Bad:
>everything about Cortana in Halo 5, especially after 4
>the story in general of Halo 5, and the forerunner shit in 4
>4's muddled in-between gameplay and overall clunkiness
>generally, the soundtrack is not as memorable as the old games
>NO SPLITSCREEN IN HALO 5, literally how

You forgot Halo 4 COD MP

I agree with this, all they need to do for 6 is fix the campaign and art design.

I never got this meme

>Halo 5's MP gameplay
shit
>Arbiter in 5
shit
>Lasky is bro-tier
he barely has a fucking character
>bringing back ubuck
only to stick him with three other quipping fuckers

agree everywhere else tho

Yeah. I kept saying that I'd upload for some anons who wanted it, but never got around to it because of shit internet and school issues.
It just finished uploading too for anyone who wants it.
mega.nz/#!P1ABTQYC!7f-3vuNJ5hUS17KZvaw4GJvzPVvORacaS-p6pOG0oi0

>he barely has a fucking character
t. faggotfuck who never watched Forward Onto Dawn

People watched that?

over 20 million last time I checked

how many times does it have to be said:

I'm not going to do your fucking homework, halo. If it's not in the game, it doesn't exist.

Just ordered this from amazon. I never played it back in the day. What should i expect?

Embarrassing. At least I never did.

You should play the MCC version instead.

I actually never watched that, I was going simply by Halo 4, which I just recently replayed. Lasky's the definition of bro-tier.

Being cool and collected while Del Rio talks shit. Giving you the Pelican. That final talk. I kind of forget what he does in 5 to be honest though.

I don't mind the idea of humans surpassing the covenant. Covies were in shambles and humans were always supposed to get forerunner tech eventually. What bothered me is the reason and sheer speed of it. Humans weren't gaining an advantage because of an exploitable situation, they ALREADY had the advantage because they're the objectively superior chosen people and all the aliens might as well be cavemen in comparison.

I thought Infinity coming out of slipspace and just fucking ramming into previously nigh-unbeatable covie ships was a great moment, but it was too early. Same with churning out an entire branch of spartans. They should have either saved all that for 6 or had a larger timeskip.

>mfw Hunt the Truth was good up until the last 3 minutes when they had what's her face take over

>mfw i was actually hyped for Halo after Hunt the Truth
>mfw i was rused

>trying this hard to fit in
FuD is good, Nightfall is shit. Learn the difference.

>MCC
???

A game made in about 10 months with about 2 weeks of those spent on single player map layouts and AI.

>MCC version
>those horrid redesigned face models for the human characters

Fuck that. Johnson looks 20 while Keyes looks middle-aged. I don't know how the fuck they messed that up so bad.

while it's dumb, it's where the halo story was heading, after halo 3 the war was won and humans became the defacto top dogs after the covenant disbanded. they had a major lust for research and power and I'm sure the first priority was to get the spartan program back online.

>pretend it ended at 3

The only thing missing from 3 were other SPARTANS helping defend Earth's last stand. Everyone assumes MC is the last nigga on Earth

"The Master Chief Collection". It includes Halo 2 Anniversary with remastered graphics, sounds, etc.

Have it your way, everyone and their mother agrees H2A is amazing.

I don't involve myself in anything Halo related outside the games.

the humans being forerunners bit was only a thought during development of halo 1, after that bungie changed it to the forerunners being a seperate race. the humans were just chosen to take the mantle from the forerunners, it's all in halo 3 terminals.

If you're referring to 343's fanfiction, you can dismiss it as fanfiction. I basically regard it like I do Dragon Ball GT. If you like it, whatever, there's one or two cool things, like the Mammoth, but it is in no way to be regarded as part of the "real" universe.

It's kind of a shame, I was watching Halo 2 anniversary's Blurr studios cutscenes and they were getting me back into Halo again just today, but I've played all the Bungie games so many times so many different ways they're lost on me now pretty much.

I don't see the correlation.

>he bought an xbone

>main characters actually meet the author

Fucking dropped.

Fair enough but next time don't try to act like you know what you're talking about.

the flood are a fungus yes, but you are clearly mixing different lore facts together and showing your ignorance. the ancient humans used flood spores to make their pets docile not realizing what they were, until it infected them.

>The story from the two main 343i games were based on stuff Bungie literally set up.

Not really. Just because it uses the Bungie games as a starting point doesn't make it any more "set up" by Bungie than Bram Stoker "set up" Blade III.

No everyone is poor user.

Agreed, hate how they also made the Sacred Icon cutscene set during the day, removed the shield barrier in the cutscene, had the phantom fly backwards, and replaced the Gravemind's tentacle with a Enforcer wire at the end of the Quarantine Zone cutscene.

seriously why do people think voiceless characters who don't show anything can't be part of a much larger and more interesting story? half life did it fine and halo was doing it fine till halo 4, chief didn't need character or story, his interactions with cortana in 3 and his actions showed enough of how he was as a character, he is supposed to be a lense to view the halo universe.

>tfw waiting for my gtx 1080
How to halo 5 pc run on it?

No. It goes something like this:
Orion Project: Shitty, full of problems and dropouts. Johnson one of the few survivors so he's extra bad ass.

SIIs: Hard core last ditch effort. Pushing the limit of humanity and then some. Produced the best Spartans, but also had a terrible dropout rate.

SIIIs: Probably the best program. Not as good as an SII, but more mass producible. Less augmentation deaths and trained by SIIs who went through the process already.
Most got killed off in cost effective suicide missions.

SIVs: ODSTs with gay looking armor and a bigger budget. Should get smacked around by an SIII and absolutely shat on by an SII.

I've got tonnes of money but that doesn't mean I go out and buy a Honda Civic just because it exists user.

I know better than to watch a cheap Halo fan film beyond a few minutes.

reminder
m.youtube.com/watch?v=6qfx9eoB-88

Sergeant Locke's voice acting is shitty. Just throwing that in the ring. The guy could not deliver a line naturally to save his life. It unfiguratively sounds like he's reading the line for the first time on every single delivery.

>this cherry picking

john already has spartan IV quality armor, so no, spartan IVs have technically worse genetic upgrades than spartan IIs but they can be modified with almost 100% success rate (instead of almost half getting horrible disfigurements) and have very advanced armor that puts them on the same level as spartan IIs, if they made spartan IIs with the new armor, they'd be better, but it's not efficient, and I'd say it's morally more OK to make spartan IVs but
>ONI
>morals

Wasn't that the point, that it was an ancient symbol?

>master chief LITERALLY says "Don't spray and pray"
Fuck you

I don't care if it is cherry picking, get it right before release. Main reason I don't want them fucking up Halo 3 and half-assing it like they did with CE and 2's remakes.

What the fuck is wrong with the ODST helmet in H2A?

My impression was always that forerunner and humanity had non-coincidental similarities due to Precursor fuckery and the mantle was effectively being handed down to less developed versions of themselves.

Love Halo but never even touched 5, the Forge looks pretty goddamn sweet but since I don't have any friends left with Xbones or an interest in Halo there's not much point.

Any news on Halo Wars 2? Trailer was really cool and I love the aesthetics on everything.

Explain.

or, considering humans almost defeated the forerunners. the librarian realized they have the potential to be way better than them.

Swap 2 and 3 on sp and I'm with you.

>Humans won the war
>Humans made more of the thing that won them the war
>Infinite Power and Funding will make more of the thing that won them the war.
>The Covenant aren't a threat anymore. Let's find a bigger one.

Halo 2 3DS port when?

a meme from before Halo 5's launch

I forget the details but it was a fake leaked transcript from the MC-Locke fight, where at the end MC picks up his battle rifle and says that

It references a "leaked" Halo 5 plot where the poster went into great detail about how the Locke/Chief fight played out. Locke got a hold of MC's helmet during the fight and the leak ended with Chief saying that line.

I don't remember any part of the Terminals that said humans and Forerunner were separate after 343 said "You ARE Forerunner!" or whatever. The child of my maker line always seemed more like humans were just a Forerunner direct creation meant to be their continuation after activating the rings and basically them.

>What the fuck is wrong with the ODST helmet in H2A?
It looks better? Also i would advise you to skip the cutscenes but it seems you got all your concerns from watching the cutscenes on youtube,

would have saved Halo 5's campaign honestly.

>the ancient humans used flood spores to make their pets docile not realizing what they were, until it infected them.
That's basically the same thing you 343 shill

Not everything needs to be explained

>>The Covenant aren't a threat anymore. Let's find a bigger one.

And yet they still have us fucking shooting the same Covenant enemies we've been shooting for more than a decade.

1st design was perfect. Halo 1 probably had the best atmosphere out of all of them. I don't think I'll ever forget running into the flood for the first time. Was playing co-op with one of my dad's army buddies and it went from killing high-pitched aliens to being locked in a room with literal waves of parasites and zombies. Fuck I miss those times

That VA took his role way too seriously

>It isn't borrowed from CoD, it's borrowed from titanfall
What the fuck are you on about

Titanfall doesn't have ground pounds or thruster dash shit
CoD has both of those

Nah, original Halo 2 helmet looked better. get rid of that weird dent, and the helmet would look perfect.

he REALLY wanted that AI

I want to know this too. The Halo Encyclopedia had some stuff in it but was mostly weak and out of date by the time it came out, is this the same for Mythos?

Cause well, he was. AFAIK all of the remaining S-IIs and S-IIIs were in the Onyx Dyson Sphere or dead.

Just getting into Halo, got myself an original Xbox HUGE with a copy of CE but I still haven't beaten it yet. Because of that I have not gotten a copy of 2, only a couple levels into CE so still not sure if I like it or not.

But while shopping around a bunch of ma and pa game stores I keep on seeing this Halo 2 map pack. Was that for online only or could I play the maps on that in splitscreen as well? Granted I don't have anyone to play multiplayer with and was considering getting it just for novelty's sake. But who knows, maybe in college I'll meet some people that are nostalgic about Halo CE and 2 and I can bust that fucker out.

The problem with Halo was they were making it up as they were going along, or carelessly retconned stuff.

True, but it was inevitable that they would eventually blow her up because everything has to be sexy. Is Cortana one of the few true examples of over sexualizing a video game character?

>What the fuck did they do to Halo?
Halo 4

How much have all those new maps cost you?

Oh, that's right, NOTHING. Because of REQs, which are optional and given to you for free for playing the game.

this, or, alternatively, 343 got the rights to Halo

He should have kept his modest armor design. I feel the flashy gold goes against what the arbiter is supposed to stand for.

The map pack for H2 is a disc, you pop it in and it installs all the maps to the hard drive. You can then play them on the regular H2 disc, there is no DRM or anything. There is some pretty great maps on it, and also some bonus clips, one being the alpha Halo 2 demo which is really cool to watch after beating the game [of course you can find these online]. So if you can get it really cheap, sure pick it up.

CE had some backstory explained in the manual if you couldn't infer it from the game.

JOHNSON

And just to clarify for you, these maps are playable offline. No connection required. You can also LAN them, though I've never done it.

>It's not actually ADS, it's just zoom that looks like ADS.

He's not wrong. Gameplay-wise is works just like zoom did in previous games.

>It's not ADS it just looks like ADS
That's still aiming, fampai. Aiming (down sight)

It doesn't matter if you have a scope like the DMR or BR, it's still aiming down a sight

Except that's not what happened, you retarded manchild. Being here since last year's summer doesn't make you an oldfag

But it's the same thing EVERY OTHER HALO FPS has had.

The book is Ghosts of Onyx I believe.

this

>the Covenant killed more humans that disease did over the course of all human history
This makes me want to murder as many squid faces as possible.

I just finished Wizard and Glass. Is it worth ordering the rest of the books?

That's STILL aiming, faggot

Magnum has a scope on it and you aim through it

Only difference now is that instead of just scopes being zoom in, you can now aim with any other fucking gun like in CoD

I jacked it to 2, I won't lie.

The SIII's and their armor were made to be cheap and disposable, because besides a couple exceptions (NOBLE team for example) most SIII's were pretty much sent straight from training to suicide missions.

SII's were expensive. Hell, a single suit of armor was said to cost as much as a destroyer.

Exactly how many planets did the UNSC have and how many did they lose? Are there approximate numbers on that?

I think the Halo Encyclopedia (which I remember being a very unreliable source of information) said something crazy like the UNSC had 800 planets and the Covenant only destroyed 80 and that doesn't seem right at all.

Thanks man. Well depending on how I like CE when I finish it I'll see about picking it up. Then again considering how cheap it is, seriously Halo 2 is $5 at all of these stores and the map packs are even less than that, I just pick them up anyway.

As for LAN I've never done that before. Sounds interesting but right now I don't have anyone to play with or more than one tv.

>you can now aim with any other fucking gun like in CoD
Who cares? There were like three guns that didn't have zoom to begin with.

>Who cares?
This is why Halo is shitty now

That sounds like what I've heard.
Virtually everything but the core worlds were wiped out.

it's the holographic thigh-highs

>Master Chief
>voiceless

well, humans did destroy high charity, and that had billions living on it as well, still insane how much humans they just fucking glassed and get away with saying "lol sorry we were led astray"

*I might just pick them up anyway.

>defending REQs
> the maps didn't cost anything because of REQs
If they made paid multiplayer maps for halo 5, no one would fucking buy them, it would split the community and would only further lower the playerbase for halo 5. It would be a dumb move - one that has happened to countless other games. MS needs Halo 5 to keep going as a cash cow, and making paid maps would kill Halo 5.

>This is why Halo is shitty now
It's hardly the reason.

I'd also argue that while the games aren't nearly as good these days, they're hardly shitty.

After a 27 long year war where you were on the brink of extinction I don't think anyone would want to keep up the fighting when peace is finally available.

> tfw no game has matched Halo (1-3) for beautiful ambiance, "feel" and incredible skyboxes

Hell even the OST was god tier

For a game that was primarily about shooting shit, it was fucking comfy as hell

The Cortana/MC "love" story would've worked a lot better if it was more mother/son than lovers imo

Maps don't cost anything anymore because they learned their lesson with maps being paid DLC - no one fucking plays them, especially after the game has been out for longer than a year

source: Reach and 4

>they're hardly shitty.
t. 343

reminder that Halo 5's "free" updates were actually withheld content that was locked at launch

I think 343 would be better at making expanded universe stories than mainline halos
An ODST 2 by them would be okay

you clearly haven't played halo, mate. Master Chief's voice was as badass as he was. He sounded like a guy that gets shit done

>h5 cortana literally trash tier

>humans
*The Flood

But that seems like way too many planets for Earth to have, and the way they frame Earth in the game's makes it seem like it's one of their remaining few.

I guess I can see if it's their last major stronghold and everything else is just rinky dink colonies but still having like 700 planets seems pretty nuts.

does she have an organic body

especially considering the spartans treated halsey as a mother and cortana is fucking based on her brain. like cmon
ok I didn't mean voiceless but I meant he only spoke to either deliver a quip or say something extremely important, he never expressed his feelings or really showed any personal expression.
ultimately they blew it up, but yeah the flood being there was the reason it had to be destroyed

You are forgetting the part where humanity destroyed a moon and roasted half the surface of an inhabited Covenant planet with a nova bomb they left behind for the Covenant as a present.

And Humanity didn't destroy High Charity. The Flood did.

No, just Hardlight

>there were like 3 guns that didn't have zoom.
From Halo 3:
>Plasma rifle
>Plasma Pistol
>Brute Shot
>Assault Rifle
>Smg
>Needler
>Brute Spiker
>Shotgun
>Energy sword

Go fucking fuck your fucking self and stop defending 343s shitty fucking decisions you flaming cunt.

what a waste

the point is humanity still came up on top because they used the NOVA bomb to destroy a covenant fleet, where the covenant just genocided planets because lol religion.

Humanity had hundreds of worlds. I don't see what the problem is. That's the power of exponential growth.

Just continue Earth's current exponential human population growth for the centuries in between now and the events of Halo.

Great edits came from that comic dump.
What a great night that was.

I don't follow.

Lets get it over with:
Karen Traviss writes the next installment to your favorite series.

I can be fine with that but the way the Covenant would have only destroyed 80 (according to the Encyclopedia) doesn't really gel with the series.

Cortana wasn't Dr. Halsey, though. Master Chief and Cortana worked together as battle partners. They were literally in each others' minds. At that point the relationship is more equal instead of just one looking up to the other

How did they fuck it up... Seriously, I don't get it. They had the perfect model in 4 and decide to dump it for this abomination. Cortana should have stayed dead.

Here's hoping they don't hire the fucking Spartan Ops writer again for Halo 6.

they were in an active retaliatory battle and had to find a way to destroy a fleet, the covenant just straight up destroy non military planets full of billions.

-humanity reverse engineered a bunch of covenant technology, which is basically how they got anywhere in the war with the covenant anyways.
-the sangheili could theoretically give humanity a run for their money, but they're fairly disparate politically and the arbiter respects humans too much to go to war.
-spartans are still super elite unstoppable war machines, but they aren't trained from birth. It's basically accepted that the current Spartans are not as strong as the spartan ii class but are way cheaper.
-humanity became fairly authoritarian during the war, with oni controlling the flow of information throughout the unsc. The brass of oni are trying to cling to their wartime power during peacetime, which is why they seem like knockoff kgb retards.
-forerunners are still infinitely rare and only survived in extreme suspended animation. The things you fight in halo 4 and 5 are humans which were forcibly digitized into hardlight soldiers for the forerunners

Female Spartans

>Master Chief and Cortana worked together as battle partners.
for like what? A month, two months tops?

>ok I didn't mean voiceless but I meant he only spoke to either deliver a quip or say something extremely important, he never expressed his feelings or really showed any personal expression.
This was kind of intentional. He was trained to be a super-soldier since childhood. His life was completely dedicated to completing missions and tackling obstacles. Unfortunately this didn't really leave much personality that most people can relate to outside of wars.

Is that really all the time between Halo 1-4 (not counting the cryosleep, but still)?

Ever since before Halo CE

>ring destroyed
>debris doesn't get launched into interplanetary space by centrifugal forces
DROPPED

Kiki Wolfkill is what happened to HALO

RIP

Yes.

This actually did happen according to the awful Halo 5 live action show

the debris gets launched into some planet in 3

Nightfall never happened, ok?

>implying

Pretty sure it was a lot longer than that. That does make me wonder the time-frame of the halo games though. How long did Halo 1 even last? I really should go back and read The Flood. The first three books are fucking fantastic

Fall of Reach is a fantastic read, and I would probably enjoy it even if it wasn't a Halo book. I don't recall the others too well, but I do remember enjoying First Strike and Ghosts of Onyx too. Basically, the Eric Nylund books are good.

The armour has been passed down since literally the first Arbiter. Why would he give it up now when it's so integral to his identity as the Arbiter?

peoples who first halo is 2 shouldnt make these lists

To be fair I don't think the energy sword has zoom in Halo 5.

Also the SMG had zoom in Halo 3: ODST.

The Halo CE cinematic shows the debris getting launched INWARD for god knows what reason. Halo 2 starts otu with all the debris neatly floating where it was previously.

I think those numbers are backwards; humanity had 800 colonies at the start of the war, and 80 planets at the end of the war.
Of course, most of their primary planets, like Reach, ended up getting glassed, so most of their manufacturing capacity was lost.
The war was pretty devastating for the Covenant as well; their whole union and government that had lasted centuries essentially ceased to exist, and unlike humanity, they lack the capacity to replace the lost fleets at any reasonable pace.
Also, "an eye for an eye leaves everyone blind." Forget the damage in terms of infrastructure and lives, Humanity was TIRED by the end; they'd been fighting desperately for survival for so long, that starting another war of extermination would have just been pointless, even if they had the fleets to do it. Better to have some friends to rebuild with; failing that, better to have neighbors who are willing to leave you alone while you both rebuild.

Not that guy, but the master chief is not supposed to have emotions. Bungie never really cared who the master chief was and didn't care much about his back story particularly in the games. He was a blank slate for the player to project themselves on to and he works well for that reason. This is reflected in the developer commentary on Halo 2.

Halo has always been a fairly light hearted game, and having a green space marine that shoots aliens, blows up ships and says cool one liners was fantastic. It's part of what made halo magical.The Master Chief never needed to have human characteristics. He never needed emotions. When you're playing Halo, the chief emotions were never important, you're supposed to be thinking, how can I kill these enemies efficiently, can I destroy plenty of stuff, you're supposed to be having fun, not worrying about the emotional strain on the chief.

I don't understand how people think this was changed with Halo 4. He reacts exactly like Master Chief would in the situations he's put in. In the midst of her rampancy, Cortana implants the idea in him that he's more of a machine than even she is, which prompts him to start thinking inwardly. When she "dies," all he is left with is that idea that he doesn't have to just be a machine any more - that he's a man, not a gun. It's character growth, but it's not like he all of a sudden starts making quips and generally acting like a filthy S-IV.

You've got to be out of your fucking mind to actually defend Warzone cards though. Fuck, the entire customization aspect of 5 is completely butchered to cram in microtransaction bullshit and to keep you playing just one more game, because "that next gold pack totally has some good gear in it, I swear!". My brother is something like level 100+ and still doesn't have a single DMR requisition (the one gun he actually wants) because the RNG has fucked his ass beyond repair. It's especially egregious since EVERY OTHER HALO with customization manged to do it better. Halo 3 tied it to achievements - Halo Reach gated you with levels and currency, but it at least let you PICK what you were dumping your money into. Halo 4 had class-based bullshit, but at least that (AGAIN) let you decide on what stuff to get and where you were putting your money.

Halo 5's entire unlock system basically boils down to having infinite time or the favor of the gods on your side so you can pray like fuck that you get something you actually want.

He probably does not want to be the last Arbiter.

I MISS HALO 3 ZOMBIES SO FUCKING MUCH.

IS IT WORTH GETTING ON XBOX LIVE AGAIN? IS THERE STILL A COMMUNITY? FUCK. WHY IS MCC BROKEN? I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A BONE FOR IT IF IT WASN'T USELESS

>tfw MCC was supposed to bring back the golden age of Halo
>Managed to kill the franchise

>I think those numbers are backwards; humanity had 800 colonies at the start of the war, and 80 planets at the end of the war.
Ohhh, that makes sense. I haven't read the Encyclopedia since it first came out in what, fucking 2010? So it's been a while, that sounds like a much more likely explanation.

Also I always wondered if the Covenant had any more planets than High Charity and their race's respective homeworlds. They had that one mining colony in Ghosts of Onyx so there must have been more set ups like that.

Master Chief gets Cortana shortly before the battle of Reach

Halo Reach starts in August 2552, and Halo 3 ends in December

If you want Halo 3 Zombies, play Halo Online PC

scooterpsu.github.io/

Basically H3 customs on PC

SIIIs were pretty much on par with IIs in terms of augmentation quality. The main differences are that they weren't all genetically perfect child geniuses like II candidates and didn't receive the same quality training. And IVs aren't just ODSTs in suits, they do get augs. People assume the IVs are a lot shittier than they actually are because 343 wrote them as unlikable dipshits, but there's nothing really wrong with the program itself. It does what its supposed to do, they just shouldn't have been called spartans.

>how it should have been
ORION II: same as canon IVs, just with a different name and a chip that zaps them if they say "egghead"
SIV: II-tier child candidates with III augs, GEN2 armor, and ORION IIs as an auxiliary force

that SMG had a scope

I think Halo 1 lasted all of 2 weeks real-time, from the time when the Autumn dropped out of Slipspace until its reactor was detonated.

The energy sword DOES have zoom in halo 5. It gives you greater range when trying to lunge. I've played the game mate.

>SMG had zoom in Halo 3 ODST -
I stand corrected, I was thinking predominantly of Halo 3 at the time. However, the SMG that appears in halo 5 is not the ODST SMG, it's a different type with a dumb looking reflex sight on the top. I could forgive halo 5 for the sight if it was the ODST variant, but historically, in Halo 2 and 3, there was no sight and ODST is the exception.

>Cortana framed her fingers around the man's face. "He's so serious," she murmured. "Thoughtful eyes, though. Attractive in a primitive animal sort of way, don't you think, Doctor?"
>Dr. Halsey blushed. Apparently she /did/ think so. Cortana's thoughts mirrored many of her own, only unchecked by normal military and social protocol.

Friendly reminder from page 273/274 of The Fall of Reach. Halsey wants Chief's D.

nice.

Did she want to /ss/ the Chief as a kid?

Following shit ruined Halo:

1.) Pre-historic space humans as strong as Covenant

2.) Overly convoluted origin of Flood

3.) Call of Duty

4.) SJW takeover in gaming

5.) Writing themselves into a corner and trying to repeat the original series again

6.) Shitty new enemy

>I really should go back and read The Flood.
No you shouldn't. That book was trash. It's not fun reading through a play by play of a video game, level by level.

Reach and First Strike were great though.

The infection server is the only one with any serious life on Halo Online.

If only Halo 5 Forge had a browser or some matchmaking.

I think it's implied that they've got a lot of colonized worlds, but the exact number isn't fixed; the Sangheili had like seventy-six colonies when they first joined the covenant, so there's probably several hundred colonies for the Sangheili alone by the time of the games.
Though with their central government gone, I'm not sure if the Arbiter really has any sort of control over most of those colonies; the Elites are still figuring out how to rule themselves rather than being ruled by the Prophets.

That's a hard question to answer because Halo 1 effectively took place inside a time distortion field.

It took place over a few days as far as anyone could tell from the outside.

They made a conscious decision to make cortana less attractive in halo 4-5 for political reasons, it's now un-PC to have hot video game women

>playing a lockout remake on Halo 5
>try to shoot the fusion coils behind snipe to blow it over to me like I've done in literally every other Halo game
>gun doesn't budge
>test with grenades and other explosions
>weapons no longer get blow away by grenades
Why did they fuck this up? This seems like something they had to go out of their way to fuck up I don't understand

I just read Contact Harvest and it said it was the newest and 17th colony of humanity.

They didn't have that many

Flood had lots of cool stuff in it that weren't retracing CE.
>entire story about what the rest of the humans are doing setting up Alpha Base
>The one Elite who made Chief his personal nemesis and his great Grunt sidekick
>Raid on the Pillar of Autumn
>What happened to Jenkins
>How the humans were trying to take over the Truth and Reconciliation to get back to Earth and Chief was supposed to meet back up with them

All neat stuff. Even then, I at least thought it was interesting to see the "canon" way Chief went through Halo CE. He did a shit job at rescuing the marines during 343 Guilty Spark.

343 needs to give up with its shitty new diversity squad storyline nonsense

Just make games in the human-covenant war. Nothing will ever top that period. I want to fight hordes of Covy's as I buy time for civilian evacuations, not dumb boring robots led by a fat chick

this

But going by that logic the Covenant would have flattened humanity in like a matter of weeks.

From playing the games and reading the bigger books and stuff I thought they had to have had at least 100 or so. Need to be that many for there to be differences between Inner and Outer colonies.

>Spartans literally cost billions to fully produce, train, and equip
>Let women be Spartans

I don't get this. Women would face a natural handicap that would make them less effective then men.

Hell, if you love Halo enough you can enjoy any book about it. All I know is that Reach and First Strike were immensely better books.

A movie based on this would work.
Focus on the non-Chief portions of the novel and you got a decent plot.

youtube.com/watch?v=6qfx9eoB-88
Fuck i keep watching this video

>Pre-historic space humans as strong as Covenant
Forerunners were there since Halo 1, although I agree that they really should have stayed extinct

I like how they actually tackled Master Chief's lack of humanity in Halo 4. The previous games were good and all but actually giving him a modicum of depth was appreciated.

Noble Six died for your sins

You forgot Trump.

He should be the only Spartan left. That narrative is cooler than "well, there's like a handful other Spartan IIs, but they fucked off to somewhere on Reach and aren't doing shit"

If you read the lore you would know that it wasn't based on gender but your genetic makeup. Only kids with literal perfect genetics would be kidnapped. Even then the kids wouldn't be guaranteed to survive the spartan program and most were literally crippled for life from the training and surgeries.

bungie was shit by halo 3
ruined their campaign they set up along with the multiplayer

Let's all have a Moment of Silence for the members of the Spartan III program, who were trained to die.

I dunno, I kind of like seeing the torch being passed on from Elites to Brutes.
The Prophets were doing crazier shits, Elites weren't willing to do it, so the Brutes step in because they were a lower caste, and were willing to do anything no matter how bad it was, to promote their race to the hand of the prophets

Oh yeah for sure, Dietz doesn't come near Nylund, but his books was just fine. Written a little trashy compared to the better stuff but still neat and it expanded on the game really well.

Only thing I didn't like was including ODST's, they weren't anywhere near Halo CE, but the author couldn't really know that so whatever.

Yeah I could see it. Return to Chief every once in a while from the point of view of a different character or something.

I think I enjoyed The Flood mostly because it put you in the heads of Captain Keys and Sergeant Johnson. There was a lot of story that wasn't in the game that was drastically expanded upon. I would agree that it was the worst out of the original 3, but that's only because Reach and First Strike were so fucking good.

Which helmet is best and why is it EVA

The fuck does it matter that you are physically inferior if they just turn you into a cyborg regardless?

Flood was a big mixed bag I read it literally 10+ years ago and still remember hating it.

The look inside the mind of the captain as he became Flood was good, everything else was shit. It was way too much "run up a staircase and shoot 2 Grunts"

Have you never heard the phrase "CIA backed coup"?

The Arbiter has the best possible chance of getting people to follow him, ONI wants the covenant to keep fighting to keep them weak and so less of a threat. It's obviously backfired but interference by intelligence organisations usually does. My point being that this behaviour from ONI is more realistic than you realise.

>343 needs to give up with its shitty new diversity squad storyline nonsense

STUPIDEST MOMENT OF HALO 5 COMING THROUGH:

>Vale: I'm impressed. Arbiter has females in his ranks. War has traditionally been a male's job on Sanghelios

Except that's fucking wrong, and exactly the opposite. Male elites were primarily the sex that participated in off-world conflicts, while the females were the last line of defense for their homeworld. Not only is Vale FUCKING WRONG, 343 isn't even being subtle about the "strong wymn in combat" shit they're forcing.

The worst part is that they could've still made this point with a tiny rewrite. Have one of the squadmates like Buck ask what female elites are doing on the front lines, and have Vale explain that they're actually soldiers reserved for the homeworld. No need for this out-of-nowhere bullshit about 'oh man Arbiter's so cool he let the girls join the sekrit club yay equality'.

343's incompetence knows no limits.

There are still physical tasks that women would excel more than men. They tend to be lighter, smaller, and have more pain tolerance. And this isn't about the average woman being weaker than men; these were the best of the best. The women chosen had traits that put them above all, but the best of men.

A game that had a third cut out

>but there's nothing really wrong with the program itself. It does what its supposed to do, they just shouldn't have been called spartans.

Kind of reminds me of that Metal Gear in Rising. It's not really a Metal Gear and fills a somewhat different role. But it's called that because in universe Metal Gear is pretty much a brand name with a history of fucking shit up behind it and the guys that made it wanted countries to buy it.

>and have more pain tolerance.
Actually I've heard that is a myth. I forgot what the evidence was. I just remember someone convinced me I was wrong when I said exactly what you just said.

ya that line was cringy as fuck when i first heard it

How about that conversation where vale/tanaka is surprised that chief would humanize a smart AI like cortana?

Smart AIs of course requiring literal human brains to even be created in the first place.

But, at Bungie everyone knew what they were doing, what kind of game they were trying to make.
Everyone was on the same page.

At least until they sold themselves out to Activision, and fired Marty

But still, MC never really had a childhood, so he's probably gonna have a lot of issues like that. Cortana and Halsey are probably the two people (if you can call Cortana that) that are female leader roles in his life while still being on friendly terms (for a Spartan). All I'm saying is that if they really wanted to do it, they should've done it like that.

shit, that's actually a pretty good spin to it. you've got a good eye for storytelling

>but they fucked off to somewhere on Reach
Reach got cystal therapy'd, fαm

I always assumed it was until death though. Although I suppose now that the Prophets are fucked up, traditions from that time might not matter.

>led by a fat chick
Amanda Waller is in the Halo universe? That sounds pretty badass.

>CHIEF, GIVE ME THE DELEGATES

It's just more of Halo 5's shitty writing in general. Doesn't surprise me that they get facts wrong. I still can't believe that the story was actually accepted and not written off as a joke before the writer came up with the real Halo 5.

Brian Reed is cancer and I really hope they fire his ass before Halo 6.

4 is objectively the best

It's some scientology shit, that's what.

Bungie never explicitly stated whether humans are descendents or spiritual inheritors to the forerunner. I do agree 343s idea of humans battling forerunner in some ancient war is just silly

Master Chief is supposed to be a husk.
He's not the focus of the story, the story's about some theocratic alien race kicking humanity's ass, and then uncovering an ancient alien bioweapon

>Kelly: Sniper
>Linda: Scout

Triggered

I can forgive all of the shitty reskins if only because of these

What Spartan II's are still alive?

Grunts need more loving, cute methane sucking bastards.

I won't claim to be an expert at that, but I'd wager it's mostly a byproduct of watching Cred Forums mercilessly dissect any game they manage to really sink their teeth into. It starts to get really apparent what is and isn't good writing.

If anyone has the Borderlands II rewrite cap, please post it.

>by Halo 3 not after
Kill yourself

I guess the evidence is the ability to give birth and not die from shock?

wow, looked it up and you're right. most of the data is rather subjective, but some of the more objective experiments show men have a higher pain threshold and tolerance. In mice it was shown that estrogen lowered pain threshold (how much stimulus before you start feeling pain) and testosterone increased pain tolerance (how much pain one can take before passing out).

here's one of the sources I checked: webmd.com/pain-management/chronic-pain-conditions

Mark v

Cortana was never chiefs leader though, he listens to her because she has the best intelligence gathering skills in the UNSC not because he has to. When i played the games i always got a sense of equal partnership between the two. Im not sure how you got a motherly attitude from Cortana towards chief, like that user said Cortana and Halsey, while similar, are very different entities.

I wonder how many people could get wrangled back into the games with a battlefront styled throwback title of UNSC vs Covenant, playable grunts and all sorts of other cool stuff

Well me and that other guy disagree so two thirds of the people who have an opinion on the matter think you're shit, deal with it.

Are there audio book versions of the Halo books? Never read them and figured they'd give me something different to listen to going to and from work.

>playable grunts
So you just die? That sounds as fun as a historically accurate depiction of WW1.

4 basically pulled that plot out of its ass though. Spartans could be awkward, particularly out of their armor, but Halsey raised them well enough to function. The idea that they're just as messed up as IRL child soldiers is a retcon.

>They tend to be lighter, smaller,
Which is negated by heavy ass armor and augmentations.
>more pain tolerance
They actually have less. They only have more during childbirth, which floods their body with natural painkillers.

None of that really matters for the II program though. The pool of viable candidates was already tiny, and they were meant to fight ordinary human rebels.

I think MC mentioned that he'd prefer to die in battle instead of being stuck with civilian life. He definitely has a lot of issues, but he isn't the type that would ever try to resolve them. He'd much rather just bury them down and get shit done. His relationship with Cortana is probably the best relationship he could ever possibly have with anybody

I hear they have more when giving birth, but every other time it's about the same.
So, useless for a Spartan.

did you forget the many sections of standing still while waves of enemies attack you in halo 2

>how much pain before passing out
Those poor mice.

Blue Team, Naomi, the Halo Wars team.

Can we agree to disagree

>crystal therapy
damn you

Yes

Try the eric nylund ones first (fall of reach, first strike, ghost of onyx)

Not that user but I have not. Could you explain further please? The backed coup thing, not specifically the Halo thing.

>faster respawn time
>doesn't cost tickets/reduced ticket cost
>can cap faster or some shit like that
>maybe have them be the only race to have FRC/use Shade turrets
It could be doable, or at least somewhat interesting.
Or you could do what RO2 does and put class caps on everything, but have like 30 slots for Grunts.

>I am still not providing a valid argument

Faggot

Oh, I certainly agree tying customization to REQ's is fucking stupid, but I think how it works purely in regards to warzone weapons and the fact we have weapon varients to fuck with in forge and customs is fine.

>In Halo 4, the Didact comes out of his dumbass bubble, and Cortana instantly says "Chief, it's The Didact", as though they already knew him. There is no explanation. And Chief immediately springs into action and runs away even though he has no fucking context for who The Didact is.

Cortaona and cheif reading the terminals from 3 is canon. That's not to say the line with cortana in 4 couldn't be written better, it could, much like all of 4 since it's writing is trash.

>On top of that, all they ever explain about him is that he doesn't think "humanity deserves the mantle", and that he made digital people a long time ago.

Which is more then CE explains about the UNSC or the covenant, which is my point.

I'm not saying halo 4 had a good story, it's fucking awful, I just think your particular complaint is bullshit

>had a phantom fly backwards

what?

Lorefag here, I wouldn't pay attention to death numbers for the war/indivual planets.

A lot of them just don't make any sense.

People Can Fly did the campaign. Epic did the multiplayer. The campaign was shit due to how it was designed for arcade mode, but the multiplayer was an insult to anyone that liked the franchise or how it played.

>give grunts needlers as a primary
>none of the unsc classes have shields

there I balanced it

>30 grunt slots
So basically a canon fodder simulator as the unfun side. You and I both know that would be a bad idea.

Faster capping sounds absurd, but less so then Grunts being the only ones who can use certain hardware. Still though, it would be absurd watching relatively tanky Elites taking bullets for some Grunt so they can waddle into a Shade turrent the Elite should be able to use anyway.

Playable Grunts just sounds like a bad idea for any game that takes itself seriously. On the Battlefront side of things though, maybe the Covenant side could have Elite players that order Grunt AI groups. When you die your team retreats until other Elite with a squad of Grunts gets within range.

To be fair, they probably wouldn't be reliable in a time like that.
That would be carnage. All you'd need is like 4 good players working toge- oh, nevermind.

and Gray Team

Those fucking CoD-esque Spartans in 4 were the worst things ever

>that one bitch who tells MC that she thought he'd be taller

>CORTANA
>WE NEED TO GO HOME
>AND SEE HALSEY
>LET'S GO HOME AND SEE HALSEY
>WE HAVE TO SEE HALSEY WHEN WE GET HOME
>gets home
>no seeing Halsey
not even a cutscene or passing mention about it
why?

Declassified missions were cool though, I thought that was a nice touch

>Gears is already balls-to-the-wall fucking hard on Insane
>here, do this challenge to make it harder

Pretty cool, although
>chapter 2's nerve-gas run
>3:15 to finish the level on insane
>it's fucking stuffed to the brim with Maulers/Boomers, Ragers are everywhere, Tickers will literally hide from you to run down the timer
>mfw dying with 1 ticker left because the timer expired

WE WERE STUCK THERE FOR HOURS, MY GOD

I can't imagine Halo 5 has a worse moment than the final "boss" of Halo 4.

If you were to tell me that when Halo 3 came out there would be a worse finale in a Halo game I would have laughed in your face.

they are cheaper, but that's mostly because the armor they are given is cheap crap that can only do mild camouflage. The still have augmentations that will turn them from normal kids into super giant near indestructible freaks, but the process was refined since by the time they started making them, the IIs had already been in service for awhile and technology got easier. None of them failed to adapt to augmentations, so it was a 100% success rate (unlike the IIs where a fair amount of the class either died or became crippled)

If you gave a spartan III MJOLNIR armor, they are basically just a spartan II, except they weren't selected for having the best genes and they were a bit older than they started their training.

Many IVs were indeed ODSTs. The process for making IVs is something that adults undergo and that's why they'll never be as good as IIIs or IIs were. Even if their augmentation and armor is top notch, the other spartans were trained since they were children to be spartans. It was far more tough than what ODSTs experienced and they also were taught the history of war and developed their minds as well. Because these were children that were caught and essentially stripped of their humanity, especially by the time they got their augmentations, they no longer get distracted by a lot of normal thoughts (like those of sex, though some SII dropouts did go on to have families)

>you will never again come home from school, load up Halo 3, check what the new Bungie Favorites are on File Share and load up new gametypes and maps with your best friends
I would kill a man in front of his own mother to relive this again

The worst thing about Palmer's intro wasn't even that line, it was that she walked into a warzone without her helmet on and shields up, the same fuckup that got Kat killed.

declassified missions were the only way to play, but the overall design of many of the missions felt like it was just kill things in this room and run to the end within 5 minutes.

didn't help there weren't really THAT many different modifiers, so you started seeing some repeats in basic mechanics. The best part of the whole thing though was the aftermath chapter, but you can clearly tell it was ripped DLC that never got put into gears 3. Why else would the aiming mechanics and overall feel be exactly the same whereas everything else in Judgment felt completely different because they changed it all?

it sucks I couldn't enjoy Judgment nearly as much as I could. Baird was my favorite character and this was a game set before Gears 1. RAAM's shadow was similar in this regard, but handled so much better.

3 > CE > 4 > 2 >>> 5

1. The covenant lost the war, that doesn't mean they're extinct.
2. You CANNOT make a good Halo game without any covenant.

to this day I still don't know if the dudebro SIVs were intentionally annoying or actually annoying

I'm gonna guess the latter, since 343 doesn't strike me as subtle when it comes to writing

hopefully you never got duped into playing Haze, but they reminded me of the soldiers in that. Drugged up dudebros.

also, could Palmer come up with a better insult than "egghead"? bitch used that so many damn times, i couldn't even get halfway through Spartan Ops. And of fucking course, because i didn't finish that, i missed out on part of the story heading into Halo 5.

It wasn't even Kat's fault, really.

Helmet still on, still moving with the rest of the group, her shields were just down thanks to the EMP, like everyone else.

It could've been Carter or Emile or Jun who took that shot.

Oh man, RAAM's shadow was fucking baller.

>play it on release with my brothers
>players 2 and 3 get to be Maulers/Theron Guards

Fucking awesome feeling right there

I hope Gears 4 is good.

Cortana died. There's no urgent reason to see Halsey at that point.

They did have a terrible final boss. It was the same boss you'd already fought three or four times.

>CoD-esque Spartans
I honestly don't know what you are talking about.

1. A) From an in universe standpoint: Their entire raison d'etre collapsed. Not only that but even the Elites apparently joined back up anyway too despite all being kicked out.
B) From everywhere else: There was absolutely no reason to bring the Covenant back when they had fully been resolved. There's no excuse for us to be battling the exact same enemies the exact same way for all eternity. The only reason they were brought back is because 343 are hacks with no imagination and too much laziness who couldn't think of new enemies to battle to fill a game. As well they thought "b-b-but our fanfiction HAS to have the Covenant! How can we shoehorn them back in even though they're naturally resolved? Oh I know how about we just AKCHUALLY the situation?!"

2. A) Yes you can.
B) They haven't even made a good Halo game WITH any Covenant.

if Chief is now so attached to Cortana who died and also previously was comparatively "close" with Halsey you would think he would at the very least not ignore the fact she exists and was supposedly around when he got back

(you)

(you)

(you)

Did anyone actually like fighting the Prometheans in Halo 4? I think they're probably the worst addition to the universe, and this is encapsulated with how they appear.

Covenant come in with drop ships. Sentinels will fly in through vents, and the Flood will crawl out of cracks or drop down from openings. The point is, all these enemies enter in a way that uses the environment. It lets you plan, it lets you survey an area and think of where you can get cover.

But Prometheans? They just teleport in. They just pop up wherever they damn please and then start shooting at you. Its mindless and it felt like something out of a completely different series.

I didn't play 5 because lolbone and lolsplitscreen but I hope they no longer appear.

ONI was evil since day 1

This 100%

I hate threads like this because it reminds me that MC is still having his dead corpse paraded around. It's very depressing. I loved this game as much as I loved anything. Now nothing makes me angrier than the mere thought about this franchise still existing.

lol

>implying
ONI isn't and never was evil. They do what is necessary to save humanity.

dude don't go overboard with it

Prometheans would have been neat if they didn't make them a fucking chore to fight.

And way more diversity. They already shoehorned a nigger into it. Now they need MC to transform into a female. I fucking hate 343 so fucking much. REEEEEEEEEEEE DIIEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

nice try oni spook you can't fool me

I know it's nitpicky and all, but how did they fuck up the fact the level takes place at night/evening but the cutscene takes place during the day?

>The idea that they're just as messed up as IRL child soldiers is a retcon

Not entirely, Fall of Reach and First Strike are the best looks into Chiefs mind prior to 4 and what we see is a man who is highly methodical, mission oriented, obsessed with winning and almost completely lacking in empathy. He shows very little emotional investment in anyone other than his fellow Spartans.

In Fall of Reach there's a moment where Chief is talking to Keyes, who comments on the cost of victory (in human sacrifice) and chief cannot understand what would be more important than winning. All I'm saying is 343 were looking for a starting point for chiefs character development and the effect of being a soldier his entire life was an obvious choice.

Did you also consider based Johnson a nigger as well you triggered frogman?

it did

343i's garbage is fan-fiction

I don't even know, they even somehow changed the Gravemind's tentacle into a wire.

>Not only that but even the Elites apparently joined back up anyway too despite all being kicked out.

Ah, so you know jack shit about the lore, excellent.

>Yes you can.

Great argument. Please by all means tell me what makes a Halo game without discussing the covenant or flood.

>They haven't even made a good Halo game WITH any Covenant

Why are you even wasting time shitposting?

Hanging onto a gigantic tentacle over a endless pit never made much sense to begin with
and would look really awkward with high res models

>"Shipmaster, they outnumber us three to one!"
>"Then it will be an even fight."

shipmaster was great

>Ah, so you know jack shit about the lore, excellent.
Ah, so you think Halo lore is a real universe that exists out there in space and is being delivered to us in reporting form by video game devs, rather than a story being written by people, excellent.

>Great argument.
user said, "No you can't," and so I gave him equal rebuttal.

> Please by all means tell me what makes a Halo game without discussing the covenant
Being set in the Halo universe with "Halo" on the box.

Are you actually retarded, or just pretending?

>not halo wars

The Spirit of Fire is my shipfu

I liked the elite deal though, having internal conflict makes the covenant more interesting

First post is best post.

You could have a Halo game with no covenant, usually the second half of the game is dealing with the Flood anyways.

Yeah, i think the reason it was gravemind's tentacle in the original was because bungie was lazy to create a new asset or ran out of time to make the asset.

youtube.com/watch?v=iNhfuhiveUM

Cortana always had a lifespan, hell in First Strike it was a pretty big plot point with the halo data she had.

You guys aren't serious when you say you liked Halo 3's campaign, are you? Cortana may be the worst level out of any FPS from that gen.

>cosplaying as your own spartan

That highway level was pretty cool though

>it's fiction so there's no point talking about it

Dumbass.

>Being set in the Halo universe with "Halo" on the box.

If someone makes a game completely unrelated to Bungie/343s games with the same name, it is not then automatically part of the series.

I cannot simplify this any more for you, I'm bored of your flawed arguments and the threads dead anyway. Bye.

Honestly don't even remember it, sorry. When I think of Halo 3's campaign I think of:

>having to slow down to a crawl while the Gravemind talks to you
>getting hyped for a boss fight as the Gravemind's tentacles writhe up around you only for them to go back down and the level is over
>that awful Guilty Spark boss battle and finale on flat collapsing tiles

Loved 3's multiplayer but the campaign was way worse than 1 and 2.

How about dynamic Scarab fights?
or the awesome last level

Every Halo game in the OG trilogy had that "Oh goddamnit this shit sucks" level
>H1: The Library
>H2: Sacred Icon/Quarantine Zone
>H3: Cortana
I'm almost convinced that after The Library it was deliberate to have a level that shitty in every game afterwards.

>waiting for halo wars 2 forever because I want Cutter and his crew to make it back home
>343 are just going to fuck it up

What, when you fight the two Scarabs or whatever? That part was pretty neat, yeah.

But The Library was fun. Atmospheric, tense, and fun as fuck with coop. I get that it was repetitive but there was something about the feeling of isolation that I really enjoyed. It was also nice to have a brief team up with the Sentinels before they turn on you.

I would argue that Cortana is by far the worst level in the series if only for the slow walking and horrific color scheme.

>>it's fiction so there's no point talking about it
That's not what I said, nice try at deflection though.

>If someone makes a game completely unrelated to Bungie/343s games with the same name, it is not then automatically part of the series.
Because they're not the intellectual property owners.

>Bye.
I accept your concession.

Quarantine Zone was great though

Sacred Icon was eh but Oracle and High Charity were way shittier

I liked it just fine but it was a noticeable step down from 2 and CE, and ODST after.
Certainly above 4 and 5 though, not sure how I would rank it next to Reach.

>High Charity
>shitty
Fight me in real life goddamn you

youtu.be/8NZjxCALOQw?t=4m8s

Fucking perfect

Bungie stated that the tentacle was there because the Gravemind wanted to acquire the Index.

youtube.com/watch?v=sBi_xx26ClM

49:28 is where they talk about it.

from a gameplay standpoint High Charity is objectively shit. It's probably the shortest level in the whole series.

But I actually like High Charity, and really all of Halo 2's Flood missions from an atmospheric standpoint. They're all legitimately terrifying.

Oh well fuck me then. What the shit 343?

>ODST
Fuck that pixel hunting bullshit, holy fuck. You guys liked that? Total buzzkill for coop.

I mean I loved the second half of the campaign levels, like the jetpack one, but holy fuck that "overworld" was laughable.

Halo 3 had the best soundtrack. They took what worked from CE and improved upon it.

>in Halo 2 the gauss rifle was a big gun on a truck but in 4 its a small handheld thing. Shit gets better
this bothers me now that i think about it
why would you need to mount a gauss weapon on a vehicle? a spartan is strong enough to flip a goddamn space tank with one hand and gauss weapons should be recoiless

Delta Halo was a great level.

it's better if you pretend Bungie ended at Myth 2

So marines can use it? Also it's useful as a quick vehicle-killer

gauss rifles are a thing in the books but for some reason we never saw one ingame until 4

>gauss weapons should be recoiless
That's not how physics works. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. If the EM coils are propelling an object forward then they will have an induced force applied to them pushing the gun in the opposite direction.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=q_pAa9252Uo

Loved the warthog run in 3 when you had 3 friends to co-op with. Shit was so fucking fun.

I honestly can't name a single track from 3, and I can think of some from 4 and 5.

That's the price of rehashing tracks from CE and 2 I guess

The CIA funded dozens of coups and backed dictators in third world countries throughout the cold war, because they had a runaway budget and complete deniability and no one to answer to. Whenever they got caught the president would just say "I didn't know about it." These coups succeed entirely by having stacks and stacks of US support behind them, so when it turned out the person/group they chose was retarded (and it always was because they just blindly picked whoever hated communists the most) and the CIA pulled out the whole thing would collapse and turn the country into an even bigger clusterfuck than before.

Didn't 2 have a bunch of shitty buttrock?

go to bed stephano

It was weaker than the previous two games but it was still a good campaign overall. Some levels were weak admittedly like the one you named. Which was the worst level in the game actually.

CE will always be my favorite campaign.

>buttrock
>ever shitty
fuck you my dude

i literally jacked it to this on that high charity level when i was like 11 years old

good times

They're still doing it user. The CIA doesnt stop doing its thing just because the cold war is over.

Nah fuck you man Incubus is awful

He's right though. The orchestral stuff in CE was god tier. Them putting in electric guitar was them jumping the shark way too early.

My man. I busted quite a few nuts to H2 Cortana and her delicious thigh highs.

>he didn't get hype at the Breaking Benjamin room

i never even noticed she had thigh highs until now

this shit was so ridiculously out of place but it was cool
youtube.com/watch?v=44IxwYa0ujc

fucking this

youtube.com/watch?v=eu7VKEBelEk

So does H5 have any cool vehicle segments like the pelican from 4 or helicopter city (with its hidden pelican/wraith) from reach? Any new vehicles that really stand out as fucking awesome, even if they're campaign exclusive?

she got the thigh highs back in 4

>tfw watching Hunter and Elites BTFO filthy Brute shits
Shit was cash

Halo 4 cortana was so hot

What the FUCK went wrong with 5?

>can't name a single track
dude
youtube.com/watch?v=JFOJ13sw8o4

Does Reach have one of the best single player campaigns? Because I love the heck out of Reach despite it apparently not having many fans here, which I assume is because I never played multiplayer.

I remember jacking off to my own female spartan from reach

the asses were fat in that game

didn't play 5

single: ODST > Reach > 3 > 1 > 2 > actual garbage > 4

multi: 3 > 1 > 4 (idk why everyone hated it it was pretty great) > Reach > dogshit > 2

>reach

born in 1998 detected

Too much chub roundness going on with her face in 4. Nice body though.

I enjoyed Reach a lot, and yes I even enjoyed the multiplayer. Falcons were cool as shit.

Wraiths are the Covie tanks, you're thinking of the Phantom

and no, not really, there's the Phaeton which is basically just a Promethean version of the Hornet from H3

There's are part where you fly a Phaeton to board a Kraken which is like a big Covenant siege tower with legs but it's not nearly as engaging as the 2 Scarabs fight in H3 since it's just a glorified set piece and not an actual AI enemy

>the setting
>the wildlife
>the cool level design
>the hopeless tone
>fucking saber space combat
>objective: survive
>could run a grunt over with a civilian forklift
it was pretty great

so here's the thing

343 had the perfect opportunity to just not tell us what was going on here. One day chief puts his hat on and goes awol. the man says nothing to anyone who isn't cortana or his current CO. he can't be doing it out of romantic feeling, he can't be doing it because somebody ordered him to do it, and he can't be doing it because of his own personal ambitions, because that shit was programmed out of him

and now he's the scariest thing in the universe and nobody knows what he's doing. then they just rip off first blood part 1 except instead of living peacefully in a cabin it's cortana is my only friend (which he should never, ever say)

SJWs complained that she was a sexism depiction. I wish I was joking, but I'm not.

I loved Halo 3's campaign, it reminded me of Halo CE's campaign, and it was sure as hell better than all of the other campaigns that came after. when it came to the original trilogy campaign I liked them all but 2 was my least favorite.

don't act like you wouldn't

It's the 26th century, incestual love has probably been legalized

>coldsnap and hugeass will never be official levels

this booty has to be photoshopped

coldsnap was my shit

though it would have been more fun with 32 instead of 16

whoops, yeah phantom (problem with themed vehicle names is they get jumbled easy)
And damn, that's pretty shitty, I liked getting new covie and unsc stuff (even stuff like the mammoth and lich from that one level that you can't pilot are sweet), the prometheans are just kind of eh.

No, not even close.

I don't think so

I want to get pounded by a female Spartan

coldsnap only made sense with the jets and shit though

idk it's like a different game at that point, except the different game looks feels and plays exactly like halo 1

she'd probably kill you in the process

Well me and two other chaps disagree with you so ad populum dictates that you are wrong.

Goddamn this was a comfy thread.
Thanks lads.

yes, it does

the storytelling is better, the mission design is great, the ending will make you cry

Everything after Jorge dies is lackluster, barring Objective: Survive

How about that part where you just drive your Warthog by the Scarabs? Fucking lame.

>Frankie

You mean the guy whose job it was to literally just keep the community coming back to the website every Friday purely for the chance of finding out about the real name of his stupid fucking nicknames for multiplayer maps?

The only time he got close to doing any writing for Halo was editing/proofreading the Halo terminals which were written by the Marathon/Halo:CE writers. The guy's a fraud.

He betrayed everyone at Bungie, proceeding to bullshit his way into Microsoft as lead universe writer. There was maybe 4-5 people tops that left Bungie for 343 in the run-up to Halo 4. And none of them had been there very long.

This was way before Bungie got too big for their boots and decided to prioritize their relationship with Activision over their loyal long-term staff's employment, too, so I can't imagine it was because he saw the writing on the wall.

I know I can't source any of this shit, but it's true, even if it does come off as a "my dad works at Nintendo" story.

>halo wars stuff will never be in halo proper
>ywn drive a locust around
>ywn use a vampire to lodge caber sized needler spikes in enemy vehicles
>ywn turn a cobra into a stationary gauss killing machine
>ywn grizzly dual cannons
why live?

Like cowgirl pounded?