Zelda

Anything about zelda. Memes, discussion, favorite games, characters, whatever

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fN1vFESbfZk
youtube.com/watch?v=E4DeHTo6hUI
youtube.com/watch?v=wkH2zETKqws
zeldainformer.com/articles/no-going-back-a-message-from-the-official-art-of-zelda
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-pNICqczo4
youtube.com/watch?v=YZG7nVXS8Lw
youtube.com/watch?v=UdnE9TDHQqw
youtube.com/watch?v=5W_bFLwB0WY
youtube.com/watch?v=zg27C94eCyE
youtube.com/watch?v=KKYTl7rVnbs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=fN1vFESbfZk
The only good thing to come from Skyward sword

>the one good thing to come from Skyward Sword
>not Peatrice

Wind Waker was the last genuinely impressive Zelda game. TP was a decent retread, SS was a trainwreck.

I have no hope from BotW.

400 posts pls

This place was really fucking cool too

Twilight Princess has my personal favorite dungeon design out of all the zelda games. Wind waker is my favorite zelda though

I really enjoyed Skyward Sword. Most of the dungeons were well designed and cool. My favorite is ALTTP.

I agree that the dungeon design was good, but thats its only redeemable quality imo

I understand. It definitely had its flaws. Boring overworld, backtracking. I like that most of the items get lots of use, unlike in most other Zeldas.

Here is the problem with Skyward Sword
youtube.com/watch?v=E4DeHTo6hUI

How's that theory going f@m?

Mind sharing it? Come on, throw us a bone here.

The minish cap is the best handheld zelda game.

What?

Twilight Princess isn't bad, it's just too familiar. Also, compared to other games in 2006, it was graphically pathetic.Maybe that makes me a graphixfag, but so be it.

Link to the past best Zelery
And it wasn't even my first, and I played it when I was like 20 or so.
youtube.com/watch?v=wkH2zETKqws

What about Groose?

I love the games almost as much as I do taking it up the ass

>compared to other games in 2006, it was graphically pathetic

What? No it wasn't.

Left 4 Dead was in like 2008 and its graphics sucked ass compared to TP. Twilight princess was pretty impressive for a 2006 game.

>OPINIONS
Wind Waker is consistently delightful.
Every time I replay Majora's Mask I like it more.
A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time are solid, but no better with time (and they're the same game).
Link's Awakening is fun and charming.
I haven't felt the urge to play Twilight Princess again.
I never beat zelda 1 and my cart's battery is dead now.
Zelda 2 isn't fun.

I haven't played anything newer than those.

I really hope the setting in Breath of the Wild pulls me in the way Wind Waker's did. I want to feel that sense of amazement one more time.

>Skyward Sword is bad meme

>that sense of amazement one more time

What, "Wow, I can't believe they shipped out such an incomplete fucking game"?

You are the first one in the thread that says it is good.

I enjoyed what was there for what it was since I hadn't discovered Cred Forums yet.

Please give me your opinions on Ocarina of Time. The original, not the remake.

I am 26 years old and firmly believe it deserves the title of greatest game ever made.

Even running at 720, TP has horrible textures and pretty bad character models. But it ran at 480p anyway.

Games like Gears of War and Rainbow 6 Vegas came out that year.

Was SS made by multiple directors? Some parts of it are unbelievably better than the rest of the game, like Lanayru Desert.

I can't enjoy it as much as I used to after the remake. The drop in framerate is too obvious.

All of the Zelda games are good.

You can't reasonably like one and not another. Don't kid yourselves.

No game deserves that title but you gotta give credit to OoT, shit was made with love, it was it's so well crafted that now it feels like an average game with a clunky camera but that much more you can say about the games of 1998.

I haven't played it since it was new. Some times I consider giving it another go, but while my friend was gungho for it back in '98, I was just wanting more Zelda 1 style action hard and fast.

Which one is the best Zelda and why is it SS Zelda?
Protip: himecut

>there will never be another 3d zelda with Link as a child and all that comes with it like crawlspaces, quests where people talk to you like you're just a normal kid and chock-full with time-specific random events and secrets like the ghost ship

Has anyone else tried the lttp randomizer?

people this jaded can't possibly be zelda fans, please leave the thread

I found the DS zelda games to be consistently more enjoyable than Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword

There weren't any ghost ships in Majora's Mask.

this is true at least for the 3d ones for me, I love em all, really hard to rank em.

OoT is a very solid and well made game that aged extremely well and set the standard for 3D game controls.

It literally invented (or if not invented, popularized) 3D lock-on that's used in fucking everything now.

There's no such thing as the best game ever made because what makes a good game is purely subjective, but it's totally inarguable that OoT was one of the most revolutionary and influence games of all time.

Hime cut is trash

The Toon Zeldas are the cutest. TP is the best adult Zelda

Time as in specific points during the day-night cycle. For instance I always imagined skyward sword would be filled with giant flying whales or dragons that would appear only at a certain time or were rarely seen or something like that. Granted there is one flying whale that's part of the story but it isn't presented very organically or in a way that impresses you. Such wasted potential, I have no idea what they were thinking with the ground map having all the content and having the sky be empty, such a strange desing decision. I'd understood it if you could fly over the ground and land but nope.

I would agree with you if it weren't for Skyward Sword.

I can enjoy a game with bad parts in it but Skyward Sword just has too much shit with not enough quality.

Spirit tracks was a 9/10 game but nobody wanted to play it because trains. Despite being limited to tracks there was still more exploration than some of the completely open games

I like trains

Forgot SS existed for a minute there. Other than that I love the 3d ones though. SS really makes me worry about the new game. Hopefully they've learned. I'm sure they have, I'm more worried about them taking too fondly to open world games. The way they were presenting it as though it was something completely new when in reality these types of games are really common and generic now makes me worry. I really really hope they have something more to bring to the formulaa rather than just "Look gais we made zelda openworld isn't it great!"

>It literally invented (or if not invented, popularized) 3D lock-on that's used in fucking everything now.
Technically Megaman did it first but it was very clunky and you did not had free movement with it. But also OoT and Megaman Legends where developed around the same time but one came first than the other, not to mention OoT did not had fog distance and a fully articulated camera.

Xd

Not your safe space.

I've never played TP or WW. I really want to play them before BOTW.

Should I buy a wii u cheap? I'm not poor, is it worth it for 3 Zeldas?

Anything new on the NX since E3? I would rather have better hardware for future Nitendo games, but I don't know how pricing or compatibility with older games with function.

Get the Wii U and play all three of them on it along with Hyrule Warriors. There is zero reason so far to believe the NX will be worth the investment.

>I have no hope from BotW.
not being hyped for a game is a good thing

I've played every Zelda game and WW and TP are my two favorites, I would definitely recommend playing them, especially if you find a cheap deal on a Wii U. The wii u's just a good console anyway

Ricky >> Dmitri >>>>>>>>>> Moosh

Hyrule Warriors is a shit tier game. Zelda spinoffs are never really good imo.

It's an okay game with god tier fanservice

I found the gameplay to be really repetitive and just kind of stupid. I dont care a whole lot about fanservice so it just ended up being a bad game to me.

As someone that has played zelda games before but only just played OoT a few years ago, I can say that, instead of calling it the greatest, I will say it is undeniably one of the greatest games ever made. It is somehow both lacking and yet still so complete at the same time. Just really good.

Eat a dick, bandwagonfag

>Unresponsive shitty controls
>But the game is still good
In your dreams perhaps.

>the only
you can just post the theme you know, everything doesn't have to be hyperbolic.

>Hyrule Warriors
Sorry, I like ZELDA games.

But yeah, Wii U seems like the best idea.

It's called ZELDA musou in Japan

Sure, but I prefer MM. Mostly because after I I beat Ocarina of Time and loved it as a little kid, I wanted to move onto Majora's Mask, but my parents never took me out to get the expansion pack for the N64 nor the actual game itself.

I spent so much time looking at promotional art and some in-game screenshots (I never wanted to spoil it for myself), and they fucking enraptured me. I just fell in love with the game's style and themes, desu. MM, OOT, and Adventure of Link's art is the pinnacle of Zelda's official art.

It always struck me how different the official art for OOT and MM were when I was little. I only figured out what was bugging me about it when I read this a few months ago : zeldainformer.com/articles/no-going-back-a-message-from-the-official-art-of-zelda

>These differences are not, according to Meroko, merely stylistic choices reflecting the overall darker tone of Majoraโ€™s Mask, but are a necessary progression for any true direct sequel to Ocarina of Time that wishes to accurately convey what Link has been through.

>...Link is sent back not only in location, but also in time. The Hero of Time returns to the forest of his youth in the past only to further learn that there is no going back.

>Link abandons everything he has in Hyrule to cling to the vain chance of regaining his only connection to a past that is gone. Link departs to search for his companion Navi.

>The hero no longer bears the face of responsibility as in Ocarina of Timeโ€™s artwork, but rides Epona with a wry smirk on his face. He rides recklessly into the woods with nothing to lose and a vain hope of regaining everything.

Game was too short and this will always make me fault it, but I'm too much of a lorefag and nostalgia blinds me, but this is my favorite damned zelda game.

Do you fags ever get tired of being BTFO?

I love to exaggerate to spawn discussion, you know.
And it worked, so shut up and enjoy.

>It is a "they feel natural later" user
Ok enjoy your shitty opinion.
The first response when an enemy or anything approaches it to press a button like in all the entire old library of Zeldas, not to do the stupid gimmick of moving the controller.

it just adds misinformation and an overly toxic atmosphere to the board, the only replies you got were people complaining about you shitting on the game for no reason, truly great discussion value you're generating here pal.

wonderful input lag

directional strikes should have been mapped to the c-stick

Reminder that Breath of the Wild takes place in a new timeline split, one where Ganondorf was the first to touch the Triforce at the end of Wind Waker and wished for Hyrule to be unflooded, which explains the overall desolation of the place as well as the presence of sea salt and Koroks in what otherwise appears to be Old Hyrule based on the presence of the Temple of Time and Hyrule Castle.

The thing that stood out the most to me after replaying Ocarina a few years ago was the moments of quiet, restrained melancholy. Like when you're leaving Kokiri Village and Saria is left standing on the bridge

That is not true at all. For instance, you can't be a fan of the series if you enjoy Skyward Sword, or the DS games.

>Anecdotal evidence

You sure showed him

Skyward Sword fags are the worst.

My first response to attack in any game is to do the action that makes me attack, whether its pressing a button, swinging a controller, or taking a shit.
Can you really not grasp different controls quickly? Games just always feel natural to me after learning what to do.

Why can't we have another minish cap

Fi was the most boring, irritating companion

Literally without personality
Takes control from the player to say some bullshit we already know
Rarely provides truly useful information

The game does this thing at the end where you're left wondering if Fi ever really gave a shit about anything or if she was just an emotionless computer program. The scene was probably intended to evoke some kind of expectation in the player, like you were waiting for her to say she enjoyed the adventure or some bullshit like that

And she does, predictably, it's just that I don't give a fuck about this total non-entity, who is literally just a fucking tool tip built into the game as a character

>no evidence whatsoever
You sure showed him

I just started twilight princess today. What the hell is this turn into a dog bullshit? Itsbpissing me off. The game looks so beautiful, I just want to slay things with my sword not run around as an animal. This ain't Zelda.

Though I agree with you that it was too short (half as many dungeons as OoT), it definitely improved on OoT in certain key areas of gameplay, and ultimately was more fun.

I just think OoT was more groundbreaking and influential

>Only a few more weeks

It's ll be so great to have these to go with my WWHD Ganondorf figure

How is Skyward any worse than TP and WW?
I'll tell you why.
Because you did not play it in your childhood. Another reason is simply also because Breath of the Wild has yet to come out.
All three games are good but are deeply flawed. Which is the most flawed is up to personal taste.

I found WW to be the worst, filled with TERRIBLE design choices (that I certainly don't want to repeat for the millionth time), so it puzzles me when it gets a free pass. Don't know how much the Wii U version improves it though.

TP is better than Wind Waker in every way

Then where did all the sheika stuff come from, as well as the guardians?

Or why did ganon turn into calamity ganon

Did the sea just get un-flooded and then for however long afterwards everything prospered until ganon showed up and shit hit the fan and then link fell asleep for 100 years

Breath of the Wild is going to be a good game, but by no stretch of the imagination will it be a good Zelda game.
Franchises are their formula.
It is no more a Zelda game than Nuts & Bolts was a Banjo-Kazooie or Dinosaur Planet a Starfox game.
New IPs should have been used, but instead brand recognition because reused IPs mean higher profit.
The 2 previously mentioned games would have sold like crap otherwise.

I can understand reasons they wouldn't make a Zelda.
It wouldn't sell worth a damn in today's market even if it was well made.
They clearly forgot how to make one a long time ago and with today's audience any puzzle would just be looked up online by the casual masses.
They'd get frustrated, look up the puzzle because they don't understand the very idea of what a puzzle is and instead go
>"What a stupid puzzle, what a stupid game."
"Beat it" and then go back to instant gratification respawning freemium drek.
They instead went with a game of busywork, A to B traversing, time-vampire shit.
Things that fool people into thinking they got their money's worth because to casuals higher playtime is a sign of worth.
That describes 4/5 of the last GOTY winners and 3 of them were even fantasy themed.
Still don't know if I'm getting an NX because the controller could be a clunky leapfrog tablet all over again and the system could have no games plural.
But I know I'm buying every one of those Zelda amiibo come December simply to be little figurines I put on my shelf.

I just found Skyward Sword to be tiring and repetitive to play as a result of the motion controls.

I think they work well and sword fighting is fun but it really just gets to a point where I just want to hold forward on the analog stick to fly around and press A to swing the butterfly net. They didn't need to shoehorn it into abso-fucking-lutely everything.

>game looks so beautiful
Im playing through for the first time as well, and I have to disagree there. Everything has a piss-yellow filter over it, especially in twilight areas

Spirit Tracks is a masterpiece along with Ocarina of time and Wind Waker

Prove me wrong

I wouldn't call it a masterpiece, but it's in my top 5

Don't worry it will become irrelevant later in the game. Just live through it for a while.

How is it going to be any different from the other 3D Zeldas?

It's basically the same except no rolling, new gimmick powers like every zelda game, and instead of being walled-off into seperated areas now the world is more seamless

It'll still have all the key elements of exploration, combat, dungeons, bosses, and puzzles

SS was flawed, they had a pretty interesting battle mechanic going on but they really didnt use it, or rather "mismanaged"
what i mean is that in SS the combat felt like it was supposed to be about placing your slashes in the right angle, however the enemy you fight most of the time are those trash red pigs that block all your slashes even when they appear to have openings and take to long to attack
the stalfos are actually properly done in that sense, you can slip your slashes in the openings they give you, but sadly they are like less than 20 in the whole game, and another big sin the game has is that if you slash incorrectly the enemy does not punish you
when a friend of mine (which is really bad at video games) was playing the game and finally reached girahim, i tought he would lose countless times, but the badly implemented fighting mechanics allowed him to just slash fast like a retard and win
SS felt like wasted potential, i truly wish they revisited the gameplay and actually polished it but looking at the retarded people trashing it for the "motion controls" and nintendo being themselves well there is no hope
feels like something great that will be forever forgotten

The only thing I straight up don't like in PH is the enemy trains.

They're just annoying and there's no way to get rid of them when they appear. She should have all cleared out after you finish the dungeon in an area.

The Sheikah shit and especially the Guardians were all built before the flood as a mean to fight back against Ganon's forces that were advancing virtually unopposed because Zelda had sent Link back in time. When Ganon found a way to corrupt/take over the Guardians, the Sheikah had no choice but to pray for the Goddesses to flood Hyrule and seal Ganon. They had started a plan to build an artificial Link of their own or resurrect/clone an old Link but the process was too slow, they couldn't finish it in time. When Ganondorf unflooded Hyrule at the end of Wind Waker, the Link Resurrection Program started back automatically.

The Bokoblins or whatever the fuck they're called are the worst. I refuse to call fighting them simon says because it's just fucking RNG as to when they actually let you hit them.
The electric bokoblins are a fucking sick joke.

After getting the bow in SS I'd exclusively use it to kill bokoblins because the oens that block just aren't worth fighting

And canonically it didn't happen to Link either.

Yeah, I really didn't like the look and feel of the twilight areas, but the rest of the game looks like lots of the fucking rings and it's awesome. I just hate this having to be a dog bullshit, it's so out of line with what I think of being Zelda.

never happened to link either

one of the caveats of being the hero of time is that he never gets laid

canonmind

So the link that gets resurrected was sealed in that chamber waiting to be revived since before the great flood?

Yep. Remember that everything in Old Hyrule wasn't only flooded, but also frozen in time until Wind Waker Link took the Master Sword.

>canonmind

that's not how that meme works user

>Can't even get laid

Why is OoT Link held up as being so great again?

Stupid newfag.

most of the Links are like 12 years old so I doubt any of them get laid

literally who are you

TP and SS were at fucking age. Tetra was a little deviant so she probably had Link's virginity by age 14

But that would mean that the flood only lasted for under 100 years at the most. Because BOTW link was only dead/asleep/in coma for 100 years.

Remember, villages have sprung up again in BOTW's world, that certainly takes a long time. And in WW they talk about the story of the hero being passed down through generations.

So what I'm thinking is that the world started to recover after the flood receded for an unknown long amount of time, until the calamity ganon and all the evil forces came back. And the new link would be from that time period.

Learn how to use memes or fuck off back to facebook and never come back.

Anyone else hope BOTW's NPC's aren't wacky/ugly/goofy like the majority of 3D zelda NPC's

I always just found it offputting

>Anyone else hope BOTW's NPC's aren't wacky/ugly/goofy like the majority of 3D zelda NPC's

nope

dude realism lmao is not for zelda

I'm doubtful it's going to have all that many NPCs to begin with, but given how many WW designs are returning, I'd brace myself if I were you.

I'm replaying Ocarina of Time on the Gamecube.

I've gained a strange appreciation for Death Mountain Crater and I don't know why. Just looking a the entrance of Fire Temple without it being blurry as shit looked really cool.

master quest or GTFO

Minish Cap is low tier Zelda. Only underages worship it. Its nowhere near as good as Capcom's previous Zeldas and honestly short of the DS games, I'd say MC is the worst Zelda.

2/10

Watched the Palutena (Smash 4) reveal trailer yesterday. I'm not a fag but when Pit and Link are fighting and Pit spouts some anime trash line and Link just looks at him all Silent Protagonist-y I got shivers. Link is Mah Boy.

The DS ones are absolute garbage. ST is the worst game in the series.

Explain in detail why I'm wrong.

ST is the best handheld Zelda

LA > OoS/A > ALBW > MC > ST > PH > TFH

I am 30 years old, my favorite Zelda was AlttP.
I just like 2d zeldas and game boy advance was the console I liked the most.
I played the game a few years ago, so I don't remember much, but what I remember was exactly like any standard 2d zelda.
So I fail to see why you would say it is the shittiest one. Faggot.

Objectively correct.

I don't know why anyone would call TFH a real Zelda.

>don't remember the game
>feels the need to comment
lol

>No game deserves that title
Disagree.

>but that much more you can say about the games of 1998.

Nigga, wut? '98 was the most innovative year in gaming by a big fucking margin.

>lol
Compelling argument.

yeah well i disagree with YOUR opinion and i'm not going to say anything more than that

Capcom's Zelda games were God tier. Shame they didn't make more.

>Don't worry it will become irrelevant later in the game.

This pretty much sums up most of TP in general.

>said I was going to finish as many Zelda games as I could before BotW came out
>haven't beaten a single one yet

Zelda stopped being good after MM

>Zelda stopped being good at MM and then got good afterwords

Fixed it for you.

Oh, b8 is here.
Except for Skyward Sword, that is.

Same. I've been playing through all the 3D zeldas i've never played yet, aside from Skyward sword because I don't own any wiimotes.

Got to the second last dungeon or so on windwaker (the one with the plant dude following you. I did the one with medli first.) Got stuck, haven't played since.

Started majoras mask. It didn't hook me like OOT. I was really bored and quit early on. I'll probably try it again some other time.

Playing through twilight princess currently, just reached hyrule town as wolf link after doing to goron dungeon. 10 hours in so far and I still feel like I'm I'm the tutorial.

Heh, I thought that made up pretty enjoyable. She's so annoying she's fun. She's so overly robotic and emotionless, it was pretty interesting to me and made her unique. It's better in my opinion that she stands out as this weird computer sounding sword rather than being your typical happy go lucky partner like Tatl or Toon Zelda.

>Playing through twilight princess currently, just reached hyrule town as wolf link after doing to goron dungeon. 10 hours in so far and I still feel like I'm I'm the tutorial.
user, that's because TP is shit and easily the worst 3D Zelda game. It's such a bore to play through.

Me, I'm going to try to at least beat as many as the 2D Zeldas as I can, since I've yet to beat most of them already.

I got right up to the end of TMC and stopped playing. I think it's because I can never decide on whether I want to finish the game right then and there or go back and 100% it first. IIRC, I had collected most of the heart containers and gotten most of the figurines already.

From what I remember, there was only input lag when doing the forward thrusting move, not directional slashes. Twilight Princess's motion controls were worse.

How can they all be objectively flawed if it's up to personal taste?
I mean what is a flaw really? Someone might call the Triforce quest in WW a flaw while others might have loved it. Technically you could call them flawless, with the only real flaws being glitches which are totally unintended, or, features which the devs ADMIT to being flaws in design. That's just my idea anyway, I think it goes for all well designed, professionally made games. It doesn't mean I like all games though.

>its derailed into another 'lets throw turds at skyward sword thread'

tipical

Yeah, I liked Fi from a story perspective. She was just annoying from a gameplay perspective, explaining obvious shit to you because Nintendo was trying way too hard to appeal to Wii casuals, reminding you your batteries are low, etc.

>2D zeldas

Huh, you reminded me

Keep in mind, these are all my first playthroughs of the games. Never played a zelda game twice yet.

ALTTP: got to the dark world. Haven't played since

ALBW: Got to lorule. Did dark forest dungeon. Haven't played since.

Minish cap: got about halfway through. Haven't played since.

OOT: fully completed aside from skulltulas

Majoras mask: left clock town and entered swamp. Haven't played since.

Wind waker: wind temple. Haven't played since

Haven't played any of the others for more than 10 minutes probably. I don't hate zelda, I like all of the ones I've played, I just get tired of them very quickly. Maybe I've only done ocarina because it's the most "basic" if that makes sense. It wasn't too long either.

Maybe Ganondorf lived a long successful reign as the Wielder of the Triforce and King of Old Hyrule (remember, male Gerudos have quite the long lifespawn, since they rule for 100 years before a new male is born and takes their place as king, that + Triforce of Power affinities make him one tough nut to crack), but at one point he wanted to dissociate his fate from Demise's curse and asked the Triforce to separate Ganon from his self and that's when Calimity Ganon was formed and the world plunged into chaos once more and now he roams the land as a hobbo hoping that one day a hero will be born again in Hyrule and cleanse the world of his mistakes, and that's when he finds the Sheikah Shrine of Resurection

>ganon is a murderous scheming dickhead in OOT and windwaker

>actually turns out he would've been a good King the whole time, after all the evil scheming was done with

Would be funny.

With Zelda games, I keep on starting them, getting very far, and then just dropping them because I get side-tracked or I get overwhelmed.

I did the same with Majora's Mask, OoT 3D, and OoS as well. I also started a Hero Mode playthrough of ALBW, which I put down after getting about halfway through the game. I think I'm going to beat TMC very soon, get everything in that game if I can, go back to ALBW and beat that, finish OoT 3D so I can finally do the Master Quest, restart OoS and beat that, beat OoA, LA DX. and restart MM. That shit reminds me that I also need to buy MM 3D already, which sucks for me, since I'm a poorfag.

God, there's so much I need to do.

I also started WW HD and got to Dragon Roost Island before putting it down, but I don't count that one, since I just wanted to see what was different between that game and the original version. I also started a Hero Mode file of SS, which I also don't count since I just wanted to see what were different. I'll probably go back to both of those and beat them sometime before BotW too.

Skyward Sword is unironically my favorite 3D Zelda game, and even though I understand why many people find some of its aspects unappealing, it doesn't change the fact that that's mostly a scape goat for their hatred towards the Wii in general.

He was just a scheming dickhead because his people were given a bad deal and the King didn't want to do jack about it because he hates sandniggers. If he had actually given the Gerudos good lands to cultivate none of this would have happened.

>and then just dropping them because I get side-tracked or I get overwhelmed.
Funny, that's what happens for me with Metroid. I never had any problems finishing Zelda games but every time I reach the last area or so of a Metroid game, I drop the game completely. The only Metroid game I've finished is Super, despite having played the entire series except for Other M and Prime 3.

>it doesn't change the fact that that's mostly a scape goat for their hatred towards the Wii in general.
Or maybe they just don't think that the game is very good.

I wish it had actually done something with its swordfighting instead of making the mechanic either irrelevant or the enemies so passive they'll practically never take a swing at you or be difficult to defeat.

yeah the only reason people don't share your opinion is because they are in denial

very nice

youtube.com/watch?v=Z-pNICqczo4

No he wouldn't have, he conquered the land in Ocarina of Time and look how that turned out for everybody involved.

Ganondorf just happened to have a sympathetic base motivation that you hear him reflect on when at that point he's an old man after he's already been a murderous evil bastard so bad they had to flood the world just to deal with him.

Skyward Sword HD when?

I want to play it with actual camera controls and no motion gimmick

Huh.

With me, it always takes me way too long to beat Metroid games as I should. It's not too bad when I actually know where to go and what to do, and how to beat certain bosses, but my first time through, it somehow takes me at least 5 hours longer than average to actually beat it.

Otherwise, I find it a joy to 100% a Metroid game. It's immensely satisfying. Although I still need to 100% MP1 and Fusion, out of the ones that I've played and actually care about doing that sort of thing. I've been meaning to really get into sequence breaking them and only beating them in a couple of hours as well.

I've yet to 100% a single Zelda game, actually. The most I've ever accomplished was finding all those octopus babies or whatever in ALBW. I think one day I'm going to play through some of them and finally actually do everything in them.

Fuck nigga, then it would actually be good.

I'd say that ALTTP is the best in term of gameplay and challenge. OOT is great for immersion and story but the graphics haven't aged as well as ALTTP and the overworld in OOT feel empty.

youtube.com/watch?v=YZG7nVXS8Lw

best song right fucking here

If you want good graphics play OOT3D

HD soon on emualtors

That's not youtube.com/watch?v=UdnE9TDHQqw

I just recently played through wind waker recently and loved it, but did anyone else find it more than a little confusing in terms of remembering what you should do, when you should do it? I kept finding myself wishing I could make little notes on the sea chart so I could remember what I need to do at each island. I think the game really needed a quest log like on Fable or something like that. Instead I found myself frequently consulting walkthroughs.

I hope they could remake it with more of a realistic style and lots of side quests, that's what the game was missing, lotsnof side quests.

The only times I had a problem like this was with the Korok forest and Goron trading sidequests, both of which I just googled a map for.

source on pic

is clearly specifying the original not the remake. Now if you're speaking about the remake well it does some improvements but it's still 30fps.

Best overworld theme coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=5W_bFLwB0WY

How long do you think BotW will be? I mean, to complete the main quest and get the necessary equipment ( not just jumping into the final boss naked)

And to 100% it?

I mean it looks like this game is packed with content and secrets.

Just with the shrines (thinking that ther are around 120 and considering 10min each) they would make up about 20hours of gameplay alone, without taking in account any other aspect of the game.

My free time is going to implode once this game arrives

Better than the original's 24fps

source is tetra + anime tiddy by google faggot

If it's anything like Xenoblade X:
>Normal clear without rushing/skipping: 50 hours
>100% clear: 300++ hours

25 and 5รณ hours respectively

>BotW is not a Zelda game

BotW is 3D NES Zelda

Nuts & Bolts played NOTHING like a B&K Game. That's a terrible comparison, and you should be ashamed

I clearly said that I recognize their arguments and they totally make sense within the context of what each person expect from a Zelda game, which is extremely varied.

It's just that it's blown out of proportion is a way that doesn't make sense at all. The game is simply not that bad objectively like a worrying amount of people make it sound like. This is by no means the Other M of Zelda.

>Or maybe they just don't think that the game is very good.

That's precisely one of the factors.
The game is gimmicky as fuck. Of course it will be divisive. It just doesn't make sense for it to be that extreme.

But well, at least you're willing to discuss the reasons behind it instead of screaming "LOL motion controls NOPE".

Since you've touched on it, I'll argue that the game is fairly punishing. It's not necessarily hard, but it expects you to go on the offensive rather than stay on the defensive and counter atack like in pretty much every 3D zelda ever.

The game did this in two ways, first making your shild a piece of shit compared to the impenetrable wall that it was in TP and instead becoming almost as useless as the shield in 2d Zelda games. And second the enemies wait for you to make your move and counter atack if you miss your waggle. If you mash, you're boned.

That music gives me the chills every time.
It's only second to this one imo.

youtube.com/watch?v=zg27C94eCyE

>I'll argue that the game is fairly punishing
The enemies were incredibly passive, if they were two or three times as aggressive there might have been a challenge but I breezed through every enemy encounter in the game.

And the puzzles and general gameplay were fucked because of how insanely hand-holdy the game was. Any time you did anything, pressed a switch to open a door or something, blew open a wall, the game would freeze, pan over to it, and play the fucking jingle before panning back to you so that Fi can come out and go "there is an 86% chance that you just unlocked the door/blew a hole in the wall because you pressed the switch/threw a bomb".

Any time you walked into a room it would freeze, bring Fi up, and then she would explain the puzzle and how to solve it and hold your hand every step of the way. It was slow, painful, and had zero sense of accomplishment at any point because Fi won't shut the fuck up.

>The game did this in two ways, first making your shild a piece of shit compared to the impenetrable wall that it was in TP and instead becoming almost as useless as the shield in 2d Zelda games
user, shield-bash completely breaks the game.

You're all wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=KKYTl7rVnbs

>Breath of the Wild is going to be a good game, but by no stretch of the imagination will it be a good Zelda game.
Bullshit, we've not seen a single dungeon yet.

>It wouldn't sell worth a damn in today's market even if it was well made.
Nonsense, Skyward Sword sold well enough.

I had a recent relooking and realized that Minish Cap has no real identity of its own. It just keeps slamming in existing Zelda elements and characters. NPCs pulled from Wind Waker and OoT and the like without even a name change. Music copy and pasted from past titles. Never shakes that feeling it's just riding on the coattails of what came before.

Also Nintendo was weirdly obsessed at the time with "let's have MULTIPLE LINKS" for no reason.

MC is also tiny. It has barely any content for a Zelda game, ESPECIALLY compared to the other ones from Capcom. Great spritework at least.

>The enemies were incredibly passive

Well, yeah that's the point. As I said, they changed the shift towards you being the agressor.
Regardless, I took more damage from hitting the lightning blade of those bokoblin faggots than I did the entirity of something like TP.

It's still easy, but every 3d Zelda game is easy. This one gave me more trouble than the Hero mode in TP.

About the handholding I'll agree partialy.
Most Zelda games are pretty obvious as to what you're supposed to do when facing a puzzle, and I think the game doesn't necessarily shoves it into your face more than the standard for the series, often just offering advice instead.
Fi herself won't tell you bosses' weakpoints unless you ask her so, and some of the bosses in TP are not necessarily THAT obvious to figure out, focusing more on sword combat than using whatever item you've just found in that dungeon.

What kills it imo is the dowsing. It's better than an X on your map, since it makes you sorta look for shit, but it's still the game pointing arrows where you're supposed to go. Add that to more limited environments and you've just made everything in your game a huge fetch quest.

I am a alien
No matter how hard I try I don't fit in
Always all on my own, sad and lonely
All I want is for someone to play with me

How so? It at least requires skill and timing.

Compare it to TP, where the shield was up by default when you Z lock and it could defend even a darknut blow. In SS shields have durability (which depleats absurdly fast if you miss a block), additional weakness and used limited pouch space.

Not to mention if we all agree that the enemies in SS are more passive than average, relying on blocks is not necessarily the most reliable tactice, comparatively to something like backrolls and helm splitters in previous 3D Zeldas.

>Fi herself won't tell you bosses' weakpoints unless you ask her so

Because it was so hard to figure out the boss weakpoints in Skyward Sword.

Fk you, it was better than Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons, and Link to the Past - combined.

>People still think this is a coincidence when MM3D happened

Well make up your mind. Are you talking in general in comparatively to the rest of the series?

Every Zelda game is easy, haldholdy and has obvious boss battles.
I'd argue SS is the least offender of obvious bosses, since it relies much more on sword combat rather than making you to use the exact item you just got from the dungeon to stun it and go at it, even though SS doesn't abandon that design choice entirely.

The game gets great later on.

couldn't find it

trying to "speedrun" OOT because I replay it every year, got to the master sword with 1 hour and 42 minutes

did I do good? I dunno shit about glitches and skips. I just wanna test my knowledge of the game

Died once on dodongo's cavern since I'm doing a minimalist 3 heart run (so I had no shield either)

I'd say it's a good milestone for glitchless, user.