Is this the most overrated game ever? Countless goty awards, called the citizen Kane of gaming...

Is this the most overrated game ever? Countless goty awards, called the citizen Kane of gaming, everyone gushing about the father/daughter shit. I played it shortly after it came out and thought it was a 5/10 at best.

it could have been a lot better

Nope, this game is one of the best ever.

Without a doubt.
Too bad cuz the tps/survival mechanics were cool enough, but the game is such a long walking simulator with some TV tier writing/acting it becomes quickly boring.

It is
More overrated by critics than GTA IV which seemed impossible

Exactly. The gameplay could have been better, but ND always has to devote more resources and time to their cinematic experiences.

There are aspects that are promising, but you can tell the gameplay was an afterthought to the piss poor story and emotional bs.

The reaction to it was certainly over the top & disproportionate to its actual quality by a bit. Not as embarassing as your baby boy zilch ass ravaged score for it.

Hurr durr overrated

Great stuff, retard. It's not like any moderately well received game hasn't been called overrated. Your observations & perspectives are gold.

Not really though. Kill yourself. For the greater good.

>a 5/10 at best
nah you just have shit taste

No, Half Life 2 is.

It's a solid 6 imo.

The gameplay is very very mediocre. Shooting feels terrible due to them trying to emphasize you using stealth, but the stealth is so basic and boring. Just ducking and walking slowly and throwing bricks or bottles. No interesting depth at all. Playing at after playing MGSV made the game feel like a lazy joke.

And then the game begins to force you into combat situations which makes all the stealth focus feel so pointless. As far as the shooting goes it feels WORSE than Uncharted games, and yet they still force segments like that on you.

The storyline is also very meh. The characters and voice acting are great but the actual narrative is very basic and dull.

I liked it. It's a complete bitch to replay though because of all the 'walking while being fed story' parts. But the gameplay parts, when they do happen are pretty well made. They can be really tense, especially on the higher difficulties.

Overall, it's a solid game. I'd say go check it out. Especially since it can be played on pc now because of ps now. Be wary though, it is 30 fps, with dips during certain parts.

There are no video game equivalent of Citizen Kane and there never will be one because vidyas and movies are different mediums

Can you survive a vadersault?

MGSV is kino

HOLY SHIT CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS? FUUUUUUUCK

Not without evacuating my bowels on impact.

Citizen kane is a bad film.

It's okay. It is overrated.

However it's nowhere near as overrated as Infinite is, or Ocarina of Time.

TLOU is great, I've played through it 3 times

It's a solid 9/10 you contrarian faggot. That said, it certainly isn't the greatest game ever made or the Citizen Kane of gaming. It deserves to be remembered well, but not regarded as the pinnacle of video games.

Calm down junior there is an actual conversation going on here.

Anyone else feel like this game is great for people who don't play many games but mediocre for those that are really into the medium?

Ellie and that black girl should have kissed for longer. What a cock tease.

You reckon they fucked the night when they were waiting to turn? They must have.

Yes.

I'm a massive Sonygger and Last of us was hilariously fucking terrible. People are only blowing chunks for the story which even that was mediocre at best.

>Pittsburgh on the ocean
>Wyoming as wet as the Cascades
>Giraffes surviving 20 Utah winters

This game was geographically retarded

When literally every video game reviewer gushes over it, you know it's overrated. They're so ready for their careers as reviewers to be legitimized, that this shit gets praised the way it does. Same thing happened with the newest BioShock.

>most overrated game ever?

I'd give that to games like GoW CoD, Halo etc.

Most overrated by everyone: Skyrim (8.5/10, normies and critics alike think it's a 10)
Most overrated critically: ME3 (4/10, critics give it 9.5)

For about a year after release it was, nowadays it gets more reasonable amounts of praise. Most overrated game is still HL2.

jesus christ, play the entire thing then have an opinion. thats like, dropping Stephen Knig's IT halfway through cause u dont like clown. Like dropping lost because u watched the episodes out of order. its a great game. play it then come back and have an opinion.

Why is TLOU a great game that deserves to be remembered?

Do you realize how difficult it actually is to make a video game? Fuck, sure games aren't perfect, but everything's not made just for you and it never will be sunshine.

The human race was a mistake.

It's really fun to play

underrated post

While I generally agree it's overrated, you fruits always go too far in the other direction & rate it far too low. As if that corrects some perceived wrong. In reality you just come off as a douche having a tantrum.

the Giraffic park scene was the most cringeworthy shit i've ever seen

Not a good reason. By this logic MGSV should also be regarded as the great citizen kane of videogames and it too deserves to be remembered. There are plenty games out there that are fun to play but don't get anywhere near as much gushing praise, there's obviously more and I'm curious as to what it is.

>Furfag Nintodder has shit taste

Not even surprised

I never really finished a playthrough of that game, but, by what I've played, I think it was pretty amazing. Nice game mechanics, good graphics and likeable characters. I really don't care too much about story in games, for me it was fine: Take that girl to the fireflies so they can research for a cure.

From just a gameplay perspective, it's kinda shitty.

From the perspective of "let's tell a story with emotional depth and complex and nuanced character performances, and go to great technical lengths to do so, going beyond what has been done before in these tecnhnical fields, and tell this story as a game", that's where it gets the awards.

Most overrated game of all time belongs to ocarina of time.

Search your heart, you know it to be true.

Emotional story and immersive gameplay.

I thought that was cute

The multiplayer is dope tho

>Citizen Kane of gaming

For the love of God, please no.

The Citizen Kane of gaming hasn't been made yet.

From the bottom of my heart and soul,

Fuck you.

>it's a Cred Forums tries to out-contrarian one another episode.

>acting hostile when asked to explain yourself

I expected that. You have no fucking clue why you like TLOU do you? You're just going to parrot vague review terms without any substance or real argument.

>taking the middle ground

You're worse to be honest

>MGSV should also be regarded as the great citizen kane of videogames

MGSV is not nearly as fun to play

But it has

it was called "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

TLOU should have had a final boss. it got too artsy fartsy and forget they are supposed to deliver a certain satisfying feeling. thats why i didnt buy their faggy DLC. fuck you naughtydog

Gameplay wise it's totally serviceable if you're not a bitch and play it on a high difficulty. It really adds to the tension and makes it go that one step further into actual horror.

Storywise it is up there when it comes to videogames. Cool character dynamic and unique zombie design. Really neato road trip game.

Multiplayer wise it knocks it out of the park in terms of console/third person shooters.

Of course, it is pretty overrated, though nowhere near as much as shit like Fallout or Overwatch. It's the best you can hope for in an AAA game.

Sonyggers paid 399 for a 720p 60fps machine that barely runs exclusives at stable 30fps (Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank,etc)

Sonyggers paid 399 AGAIN 2,5 years later for a 1080p30fps multiplat machine that runs the same exclusives but remastered to run at upscaled 1440p

If someone told me 10 years ago that this was the fate of Sony ...

Except the game is actually a mediocre brick-throwing simulator.

Right, and this is the problem with saying a game is good because it's 'fun'. Far too subjective. So looking at it from a more objective mechanical perspective instead MGSV offers way more to the player in terms of how they approach the gameplay than TLOU's scripted encounters that will more or less play out in exactly the same way in it's small pre-made arenas, not to mention the fact that MGSV also has a hell of a lot more items/weapons to play around with, allowing players to be a lot more creative than they can be in TLOU.

Yes, I rented the game after hearing how this game was literally the best thing since sliced bread, and what I was met with was an incredibly mediocre TPS with shit AI and incredibly easy ladder puzzles that was just riding on "muh feeeeeelz" shit. Granted, I do NOT think the game is bad at all, but I cannot see what all the fuss was about. I have never seen a more overrated game in my life.

Nonsense

> So looking at it from a more objective mechanical perspective instead MGSV offers way more to the player in terms of how they approach the gameplay than TLOU's scripted encounters that will more or less play out in exactly the same way in it's small pre-made arenas, not to mention the fact that MGSV also has a hell of a lot more items/weapons to play around with, allowing players to be a lot more creative than they can be in TLOU.

Giving the player more options doesn't necessarily make the game more fun. I didn't find any of the encounters or level design for MGSV to be particularly memorable, while i can remember levels and events from the TLOU easily. MGSV is a nice toolkit of gameplay mechanics, but it never does anything with them.

What's wrong with the middle ground? It's exactly what the game is.

Gameplay and story are both average at best.

>Countless goty awards
Doesn't this prove your opinion is irrelevant?

To each their own.

I wanted to enjoy MGSV and hate TLOU, but it ended up going completely the other way.

That's because the open ended nature of MGSV relies more on the player to be creative and make their own fun, rather than creativity being stripped in favor of it all being scripted for them ala TLOU.

I agree with this.

>That's because the open ended nature of MGSV relies more on the player to be creative and make their own fun

And? That doesn't excuse the abysmal levels and abhorrent enemy encounters.

What makes the levels abysmal and the enemy encounters abhorrent in comparison to TLOU?

They're not barren fucking deserts with sparse outposts for starters.

You could argue that TLOU is as equally uncreative with it's cramped rooms, convenient cover blocks and endless corridors that the player is forced to slow walk down as the most literally presented story information is drip fed to them. The scripted encounter in that town in TLOU comes to mind also when you have enterable houses either side and a street that are all as equally barren.

>this faggot

Linear games with level design devised to create certain moments tense and disparaging for the player will forever outweigh the horrible fucking trend that is open world. MGSV had innumerable great tools at its disposable. Too bad it didn't go the route of previous MGS games and provide intelligent linear level design created to encourage your use of said tools.

>players should 'make' their own fun!

Shut the fuck up. Open world has allowed numerous developers to forego intelligent design for vast barren terrains of jack shit. MGSV killed itself by following trends. Last of Us was a focused project. ND has their faults, but they at least have a clear vision and stick to it. Last of Us is the superior game.

Halo 1 is a legit great game
it had campaign coop, 8-player MP and some of the best enemy AI of any game ever made

A clumsily scripted sequence is preferable to barren deserts with 3 man outposts though.

Its either this, Bioshock Infinite or Gone Home. TLoU is a great cinematic third person shooter, but its just that. The other two games are just shitty at what they set out to do, obviously TLoU didn't deserve half the praise it got though.

Settle your tits I never said anything about MGSV's open world being superior or the linear nature of TLOU being inferior.

>Open world has allowed numerous developers to forego intelligent design for vast barren terrains of jack shit.
Linear corridors and unnatural looking combat arena's with convenient waist high blocks that should even be there alongside pre-scripted enemy spawns don't hold much more strength in intelligent design either. In fact I regard both to be absolutely fucking lazy, the only reason I brought up MGSV was in regards to it arguably being as equally ""fun"" yet the gameplay options that are given to the player allowed them much more freedom in pissing about with the underlying mechanics, not in it's level design.

>Citizen Kane of gaming

Kek it's not even better than the film it rips off of.

Not really.

citizen Kane of gaming is SC:BroodWar

The ending cg of that game made me feel more things than any other game ever made. Truly the citizen kane of gaming.

Ironically the reasons given in this thread for TLOU being so great, emotional story and immersive gameplay, are things that Brood War does better. So you're probably right.

I kinda do, still think the game is great, but it shows what the mainstream gaming media gives a shit about the most. It saddens me to know that no game will ever be praised for its gameplay as much as TLoU was for its story and narrative.

It feels like it could be a lot better but they wanted to keep it casual friendly, so the crafting is very limited, the AI is incredibly dumb and there's only two kinds of puzzle and less than 10 types of enemies in the game. 7/10 for me but I didn't try the multiplayer modes.

I actually think it was a stellar game.

If TLOU is ridiculously overhyped by casuals then Dark Souls 1 is just as, if not even more overhyped by you guys.

It has great gameplay (the multiplayer is fun as hell), but not everyone likes third person shooters. Everyone does like narratives, though.