ALRIGHT THAT'S COOL
youtube.com/watch?v=cj9wkNnFfGA

Street Fighter III thread, any fightan is welcome though

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.shoryuken.com/Akuma_(3S)
youtube.com/watch?v=jSzPbO9DFcg
youtube.com/watch?v=AS_1ZZAaD94
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

3rd Strike Chun Li is objectively the best Chun Li that will ever exist in any form

In competitive, yes, in terms of design SF4/SFV because they're in full 3D

>Never played SF seriously until SFIII
>Learn the "fundamentals" through Ibuki

Jesus.

im very, very fond of her new design, but playing as her just isnt the same. as soon as i picked her up, i said to my friend "she feels castrated"

ibuki feels weird in that game

Alpha 2 Chun is better

while i like that shes more toned, but she doesnt play as well as she does in 3rd strike, and i like 'em thiccer anyway

I got this as one half of the Street Fighter Anniversary collection which is just 3rd Strike and Hyper Street Fighter II. Couple weeks ago at a flea market.

It's really fun and parrying is so juicy and more fun than focus honestly. I wish my boy Zangief was in it though, I always play Zangief if he's in the game other than EX + Alpha where Garuda was just too fun to say no.

How do I into gitting truly gud as 3rd Strike Akuma?

I miss 3S Hugo and his VA.

RIP Len Carlson

wiki.shoryuken.com/Akuma_(3S)

The exact opposite for me.
Alpha Chun is my favorite Chun to play, while i hate her 3S incanation

all the VAs in 3s were perfect. especially urien, hugo, dudley. the music on the other hand... some are awful

the music was A+ what are you on

I want a Urien plushie that yells KILL! CRUSH! or DESTROY. whenever you squeeze it.

2nd Impact had a better soundtrack.

THATS WHAT I EXPECTED

elena, chun li, and akumas makes me wish i can turn off the music. but dudleys, ryu, and Q are amazing. like i said, not all of them are shit

i agree

his voice is half the reason why i mained him. you can imagine my dissapointment in SFV

the mix of Jungle, DnB, Hip-Hop, Garage and some diva vocals in 3rd Strike is just amazing.

I miss games using Breaks in their music, Ape Escape also had some good tunes on it's soundtrack

Plus, you can't remember the best moment in any competitive game without this tune popping into your mind, that's just how notable the OST was
youtube.com/watch?v=jSzPbO9DFcg

intriguing. im not fond of the alpha games in general, really - too slow paced, button inputs are super unforgiving. i only really learned how to play fightan around the time SF4 came out, so im sure that has a lot to do with it

I dunno, the actor in V isn't the same but it still sounds pretty on point.

Yeah that makes sense

Is there a way to get all the announcer sound bites? Want some for my phone.

U wut mate?
Alpha is on speed compared to SFIV.

And maybe the inputs are less forgiving, but it is also easier to do combos in Alpha.

Too bad we won't get anymore silky smooth pixel art in fightan anymore.

LETS GET IT ON NOW
SELECT AND MAKE THE FIRST PICK
LETS GET IT ON NOW
10 9 8 7 6

Shit's expensive. Doesn't really explain why so many indie fighters are still in 2D, but good and smooth animation is hard to come by.

Indie always had the advantage of being a "labor of love" where people don't mind spending half of a decade on Ramen Noodle diet to make their game. Plus pixel art is a dying profession in Japan.

Alpha is really fast, and while I get that doing combos is somewhat complex, is still great to learn them.
Doing VC in A3 is hard as shit

youtube.com/watch?v=AS_1ZZAaD94
I'm SHORYUCAN'T touch this skill

>A character that has been given every single tool available in fighting games save for a command throw
>Castrated

Ok fampai.

I wish more fighters were as defensive as sfturd

Not a single one of you douche wagons can take me on fightcade. My Oro is goddish

hi Jinrai

>SF3
>Defensive

Lel my friend.

Still miss best sf couple.

3RD:strike has the best fighting announcer in any fighting game.

if you disagree then you dont know shit about fighitng games.

killer instinct fight announcer (snes) is in close second

Never played Street Fighter, my only experience with fighting games is Smash Bros. SFV is on sale on PSN (deluxe edition) for $45, should I get it?

>if you disagree with my opinion you suck
are you 12?

Honestly, sure.

Do you want to invest the time into playing online and getting bodied for a long time?

If yes sure, if not dont.

I got absolutely demolished when I first began Rocket League, and now I'm a Legend Shooting Star in 2v2, so, yeah, I can handle it.

Marvel Super Heroes Vs Street Fighter
Marvel Vs Capcom
Capcom Vs SNK 2
Alpha 3
Kinnikuman Muscle Grand Prix 2

I tried this on fightcade recently, and applying my sfv knowledge i was able to get the hang of alex a bit. still dont know how to parry well or do any combos.

Did i miss out on this when it was still new? Was it really popular in arcades or on consoles? How was the competitive scene?

>Rrready...
>FIGHT!

No SF2 was quite unpopular. It lost Capcom a ton of money. It never had anything more than a cult following.

*SF3. Damn cat is crawling all over me I can't see what I'm typing.

Anyone shit at SFV want to play a few rounds in a lobby?
CFN: Cozysuu

Best spritework ever.
Makoto is cute! CUTE!
Also strong as fuck.

>Not Tekken 3
AYO

>Kinnikuman Muscle Grand Prix 2

My fuckin' chojin.

Do you faggots use Fightcade? I've been having a lot of trouble with 3S. Can't perform basic moves, when they worked just fine on 3SOE.

What SF3 character could save SFV? What do we need?

I do sometimes, I run with Sean and play with a 360 pad

Honestly I want to see everyone from sf3 that wasn't in 4.

Why stop there? Just make SFV Street Fighter 3: Fourth Smack or something.

The best SF by far.

play some Alex man, suplexing and DDT'ng people is pretty fun

>killer instinct fight announcer (snes) is in close second
Get out of here shitter, the KI arcade announcer is leagues better.

hey guise

SEICHUSEN GODANZUKI

ABARE TOSONAMI!

Am i the only one who played Remi?

fuck, now I want to play it.Guess I will play it on fightcade

whyd capcom put Guile's moveset onto a generic anime guy instead of the real deal

No. It's just that he's not very memorable. Nash/Guile with a paint job.

GAAAAAMMMMEEEEE OVAAAAHHHHHHHH!

To make fun of SNK or something.

naaah, that was Dan

3S Makoto a best.

I could never get used to her in IV, although it was still interesting to see her mains in tournaments.

Maybe it was Killer Instinct. It was done rival fighting game.

IV is a very slow paced sf.Her combos using hayate just don't feel the same.That's what I think, anyways

sheit

anybody up for soem fightcade?

name ygolonac

you're an idiot.

puppet?

fightcade is shit, people only play because it's free and convenient.

yep that's true.I wonder if the ps2's version using netplay on pcsx2 works better

Regardless of the bs excuse, he isn't wrong. NG was a pretty hard flop since no one was interested in a game with barely any recognizable/returning characters. As much as people shit on capcom for always have ryu, ken, and chun as the poster characters for their games, the 1 time they tried lost then a shit ton of money. Even 3S, which is a cult favorite still under preformed in terms of numbers. If i remember right, MK had a similar issue with the original MK3 where fan favorite characters like Johnny and Subzero were missing from the roster

probably not, ps2 version has issues by itself. OE is based on ps2 and fixed them but still isn't arcade perfect.

oh look another idiot.