Dead Rising thread

Dead Rising thread

Why aren't video games as good as this anymore? edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cjFI8zmJn9U
youtube.com/watch?v=atKUCxXanXA
youtube.com/watch?v=g2eHh4GcJMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zBB7D6C9h5k
youtube.com/watch?v=A032LVxb72g
youtube.com/watch?v=Utt5XIHwbqA
youtube.com/watch?v=zPqJfnnMrZY
youtube.com/watch?v=XXCeRU_kYT4
youtu.be/LgkXiGQAqbk?t=2m53s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Keep trying. You'll get me eventually.

everything past 2001-2009 were shit

Bloated marketing and production costs causing producers to want to play it safe.

How's the port? DMC4 magic level?

Best psychopath

>.jpg large.jpg

Why were 360 launch titles so fucking GOAT?

for Frank the Pimp, which girls are the easiest to grab? Obviously the chicks grabbed by /u/ the cop are half the group, but what others should I be trying to get?

this. they can't be inventive any longer. mr money bags wants the game to be easy and accessible for everyone. This had killed literally every single gaming franchise since 2006

>anything post y2k7

Fixed that for ya.

Runs okay, but has problems with game save corruption.

DR1 was made in whole by a Japanese team,
does this mean that even Jap Devs went to shit too?

Planets were aligned

Pretty sure very close to that time, the same area will have the two dangling survivors which one is a girl, so just kill the guy.

>game has achievements that unlock equipment
muh dick

How long are these Dead Rising games? Are they challenging as well? Good replayability? Should I get the PS4 versions?

They still wanted to be fun video games while pushing the hardware as far as they could.

It doesn't help that video game companies want to copy Hollywood, and it's fucking them up badly.

>anything post Genesis

ftfy

>somebody saved my crappy screenshot that I only posted twice

T-Thanks.

Have a more current one while I try to get Genocider.

Did they improve the survivor AI for this or am I about to get really pissed off again?

Who had the best Psychopath theme and why was it pic related?
youtube.com/watch?v=cjFI8zmJn9U

They can be long, since the first two were somewhat reliant on you grinding for a while before you leveled up enough to breeze through, though 3 was a lot easier but padded by a larger world to traverse.

They're not too long and I'd say they're a decent challenge with good replayability.

I have the PC version, but if you'd like to play on the PS4, I can't see any reason not to.

No, they're still potatoes

These games aren't terribly long but they're designed around the fact that you probably won't be able to do the story on your first playthrough. So there is lots of replayability doing various runs of the game, especially learning various quirks of the game like those convicts and cult members that fuck you over.

But yeah, they're great games. At least except 3, that one was poor, and 4 has me really worried

>was helping as many people as I could before
>killed the lesbian cop boss
>now just letting everyone die
I'm losing my fucking mind, there's more and more zombies, and now cultists.

putting memes aside I really like the song
youtube.com/watch?v=atKUCxXanXA

Dead Rising if it was released today
>$1.99 DLC for all the weapons
>$1.99 DLC for all the costumes
>Pre-order bonus starts you with a mini-chainsaw
>Psychopath DLC pack
>Extra ending DLCs
>Easier gameplay to "appeal to a wider audience"
> le reddit memes

Anything else?

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I played the shit out of this at release. At least 4 playthroughs.
I got the PC edition when it came out and the first time I heard a survivor let loose one of those whiny cries for help as a zombie grabbed a hold of them, 'Fraaaaank!' a pulse of raw fury shot through my system.

Fuck
At least they fixed the food court crashing in 7 day survivor mode

Should I bother with this?

I've finished 2 and Off the Record, this just seems like a dowgraded version of them

You need to kill the male survivors you find around that time.

Multiplayer or co-op mode.

that basically is the case with DR4, isn't it?

It would have shiny surfaces, motion blur and HDR lighting though

>Completionist
>43 1/2 hours

I call bullshit, 7 day survivor ALONE takes 14 hours.

the same ending no matter what your choices were.

>dead rising as if it wased released today

it's called dead rising 4

>2016
>not going guru

Sounds like DR4.

It's a mechanical downgrade, but the story and characters are better.

Chuck Greene ain't got shit on Frank.

On a technical level it is, but the feel, atmosphere, charm and FRANK FUCKING WEST is amazing, its whats made it a favourite for a decade

>buy game at release
>CTD's every hour
>20fps with a $2000 rig
>severely downgraded graphics from pre-release promotions

also glad they didn't nerf the mannequin torso

who designed this fucking garbage final boss?

Shouldn't have vandalized his store, user.

Yeah, it's pretty shitty. Double lariat spam takes care of him pretty easily though.

Mass Effect 1 did this.

Maxing out a class unlocked one of it's abilities for future characters. I went on highest difficulty as a solider with a biotic shield. Was unstoppable.

Why were DR1 and ME1 the only games that did this? It was so nice.

Just do what I do, user. Get some friends and have conversations with them to keep you in check. Pic related. Oh shit.

day 6 here, goin strong still. 7 day survivor will be mine

>Playing this when I was 10
>Go to the gun shop
>Beat boss
>mfw full access to all this badass at once

Will we get ENB mods with DR1 since it's on PC ??

Yes, and? Beat the story three times, sit around in infinity mode for 14 day survivor unlocks.

>the two best single player games from last gen had their shit together.

too bad Mass Effect is so cucked they cancelled the remaster because the devs knew it would be better than andromeda.

Post Jessie, as much as possible.

stay stronk lad

hopefully i can get the time to try for it next weekend.

>they cancelled the remaster
wait wut

threadly reminder to be a hero and save everyone

is it worth it to regularly take pictures and upgrade camera with magazines

i love dead rising 1 but i just cant deal with the jank of it these days, decided to play off the record instead because i never have and im enjoying it much more although it doesn't have as many memorable moments as the first.

How could I possibly do that when I could be spending my time playing dress-up with Frank

What is everyones kill record so far?

Speed upgrade feels so fucking good to get. DR1 had the best fucking sense of progression and rewards when you leveled up.

I'm doing a saint run, but I shot Ronald in his fat fucking face
Fuck that guy

What makes this a good openworld game?

>put on a dress
>frank does a cute pose and says "perfect"
i-i'm not gay, i didn't put the dress on again to see him do it again, i s-swear!

will we ever get a game as 10/10 as DR1?

thanks senpai, best of luck when you go through with it. dont be like me, don't fail the first time on day 4 looking at the screen and just forgetting to drink the juice and watching frank die

i might have had saint in my first playthrough if i didn't get him... i forgot to bring food in the security room and saved without realizing it.

can't find the article but I do have it saved in my gaming folder. the devs want the discussion to be on them and the 'future' instead of the past

The zombies don't attack these guys. What's their secret?

DR is a charming game but I think some of you guys are going a bit overboard with the love for it.

the rain coats

How does Frank look older in OTR than he does in 4?

>t. buttblasted undertale faggot

>85 replies
>still not posting your Franks

Unacceptable. Finally decided to ditch the servbot mask.

>Finally decided to ditch the servbot mask.

You fucking traitor

not very long but replayable as fuck
pretty challenging at low levels but once you hit max you're unstoppable

Maybe he got hairplugs by 4?

no we aren't

to make a 'perfect' game without any flaws would be to make a game for the dumbed down massed.

To be perfect a game must have flaws

like human beauty.

DR is objectively one of the greatest games of all time, you need to chill the fuck out, dude.

>But Bald Frank is so....Sexy. The jacket really has the Tyler Durden thing going. Here's my last playthrough though, user.

Tell me about the cultists. Why do they wear the coats?

I remember when I discovered that mannequin torsos were strangely powerful. Kills those cultist guys in 1 shot.

Nice shoes

But that isn't Chef Antoine, the KING OF CUISINE.
youtube.com/watch?v=g2eHh4GcJMQ

Can I get the sword the cultist leader guy has?

mfw Hideous Kojima will be incapable of making a zombie game worthy of Dead Rising's jock, but all of his ''''''''fans''''''' claim it as the second coming.

Is that you, user?

It absolutely is, people pretending that DR1 was better is extreme nostalgiafag shit.

Yes.

Same bruh, just got done with the chopper fight.

kojima doesn't work at konami anymore bruh
that metal gear game isn't made by him

Sweet

one must kek at how easily you dispatched of this boss with that torso.

user is retarded. Some execs said a remastered version would be easy money but they're focused on the new game and a remastered version wasn't being worked on.

bruh

Did that one user finish that CSI video?

Ok. Just kept it simple for my first playthrough

He said 2-4 hours, so still some time to go.
Said hed post it in here when its done

Dude, mannequin torso is no joke. One of the best weapons in the game.

Fill me in, what's this about?

Looking for a coop game on pc - which dead rising should I get, having played none of them except for some 360 demo years ago.

Some beautiful autist is recreating the CSI Miami opening in dead rising

can it be triple booked?

youtube.com/watch?v=zBB7D6C9h5k

>Eats 1000s bullets
>health at half
>use torso off mannequin
>kills them like a hot knife through butter

A couple hours out i think.
I'm actually pretty stoked for it.

These Dead rising memes are pretty delicious,
And yet I complain that my belly is not full.

I won't stop reposting this til you guys say something.

The speed the skateboard gives you is so important when starting the game from level 1. It helps you save so much time it's stupid.

Kojima is making a zombie game?

remember, user; when video games try to be real is when video games suck rancid vajayjay.

Nah, only double. But it's easier to get since you get two in the warehouse and they're scattered around North Plaza.

I've been laughing at it, its a good fit.

Every DR after 1 was made by canadians

apparently I was misinformed

my apologies

lets not stray off topic here however.

dr threads have been glorious.

Nah realism games can be fun, it's when you try to mix realism and arcadey shit that you get a clusterfuck.

Bear best head

Yeah?

DR wasn't a launch title though.

Indeed

>vlcsnaps

Sounds like Marilyn Manson

>missed the setup

I was about to say that at least indie and crowd funded games are allowed the freedom to experiment, but the opposite is probably true since it's their own money they're gambling with.

Kek

which begs the question, how did 2/otr come out pretty good (not as good as 1 but they were still excellent additions to the series) and yet, 3 and 4 are total dog shit?

Probably gonna pick this up tomorrow at Gamestop in beautiful HD. Does it come in a bundle with the other two games?

2 and OTR were still being overseen by Japan and Inafune.

but they're so fun to smack around

I totally forgot about the skateboard tip, but I seem to remember almost all the locations of the TMPs in the game, but holy shit

>Find Cletus
>Fight starts and he shoots me into high heaven
>Walk out the doors
>Cultists.jpg
>2 bars, no health supplies
>Manage to win by looting pistols off of pig cops

Oh yeah, that happened.

This game had a great soundtrack. I haven't even thought about it in years.

Finished! I think I've reached peak autism with this... let me know what you think :>

youtube.com/watch?v=A032LVxb72g

>almost to day three
>get infinite loading screen
I mean at least it wasn't at day 6 or 7 but still

>been trying Frank the Pimp for almost 6 hours irl
>the girl for Hanging by a thread didn't show up
>look up a video
>go to Wonderland Plaza at 1:00pm instead of 12:00pm
>"holy fucking shit she's finally there"
>recruit her and go to the Jo the Cop fight
>only one girl left
>I probably fucked up by saving at Wonderland and waiting for 1:00pm in paradise plaza
>reload my save which is right before Cliff
>beat him and need to kill Ronald and recruit my first survivors
>Try loading into Paradise Plaza
>"An Error Has Occurred, Send Report to Sony?"
I'll try again later.

this is why far cry 2 is better then far cry 3

pretty kino but could do without the meme sunglasses

always makes me think of Fez and cringe

remove meme glasses and it's perfect

FUCKIGN NOICE

What did he mean by this?

very nice

FAAAANTASTIC

Top notch

Kojima fans despise the new metal gear

>>$1.99 DLC for all the weapons
>>$1.99 DLC for all the costumes

It literally had bullshit like this in the 360 version, you mongoloid. It's just included out of the box in the PC version.

was kind of hoping for the ncis theme song Because i like it

Remove the deal with it sunglasses at the beginning

Otherwise it's great

God, that was a good hentai.

Jesus fucking christ youtube.com/watch?v=Utt5XIHwbqA

What was in the blue case anyway?

theres only costumes and as far as i remember they were all free

Kekied

Far Cry 2 is fucking shit, and realism has fuck all to do with it.

gonna try my hand at saving aaron and burt, what am i in for?

>ponycancer comments on the video

for fucks sake they are among us, discussing the game with us

filthy subhumans

9.9/10
triggered by the glasses but FANTASTIC otherwise

Camera supplies. That's the reason why he can only take a limited amount of photos. Never mind the fact that there are photo shops throughout the mall.

a game like dead rising is accidentally a masterpiece. those indie games, even the hard ones, are catered to a very specific type of gamer. dead rising is hard enough to filter out the plebians, but not generically so.

>Cred Forums numbers

Heard you liked mods

dont namefag, but good job.

what mods do you expect to be made

what mods are YOU wanting most?

Just got the CoD kiddie uniform. Was wearing the full wrestler outfit before.

>self advertisement

fuck off

Can someone explain to me why dead rising 1 is so much better than the sequels? I want to get it but I'm just unsure

Nicely done.

OTR > DR1 => DR2 > DR3

Fight me.

people can probably model swap Frank with OTR Frank

Clothes, much more clothes
I love dress-up Frank playtime

best protagonist
best setting
best costumes
best weapons
best characters
best everything desu

I doubt this can happen because lack of access to any key files and complete lack of tools, better AI.

Also if people found a way to make rooms+spawn zombies, that could pave the way for some potential good shit by someone really dedicated.

Nostalgia + Frank. That's pretty much it.

The game has Megaman X, which isn't made anymore, therefore, games without Megaman X are not fun by default

Better sense of tension with the timers, took itself more seriously while still having that cheesy feel, Frank West in general.

Fuck that braindead survivor AI though.

>OTR best
>with it's highly aggressive looters and jump scare zombies

They almost had it with OTR. I don't know what they fuck they were thinking with 3. And now 4 looks to be more of the same shit.

Better balance overall, better balance of horror/comedy. Its more subtle, without mini-chainsaws/torso the game is a nice challenge.

It has flaws but its better overall.

>survivor AI

Why are you asking? Are you Viet Cong?!

I never beat the first game. I'm worried that being spoiled with the aiming systems of 2 and OTR are going to sully the experience. I also remember DR1 being quite a lot harder than the other games. For those who bought it, do you find it to still be the case? Is adjusting to the original system pretty easy? Does this mean we'll get SFMs of Jessie?

Is it even remotely possible to rescue all survivors in DR1 from a clean save?

I did it in DR2 and it wasn't too bad, but the only way I barely managed to rescue all survivors in DR1 was at level 50 and the megabuster

Thanks dudes! Glad my autism has some value.

I'll upload a version without the beginning later. I've been working on this video all day and I haven't had any time to finish my DR1 playthrough.

Guns aren't even the main point of the series man.

I didn't know a watermark was an advertisement? Is mayonnaise an advertisement?

Skimpy Jessie
Skimpy Frank

Send it to Capcom Vancouver's twitter. They'll enjoy it

Beginning is fine desu just the meme glasses

because current gen players will not put up with timed challenge modes.

Grandfather (Vietnam Tom), His son (father), The son's wife (mother), and their daughter (granddaughter).

are you actually retarded?

No, don't take out the beginning, just the "deal with it" glasses

Was a lot better than what I was expecting. Good job user. 100 views already too nice

And yet people dismiss DR1's flaws very easily. I'd rather deal with that shit and have all of the tweaks than deal with DR1's retarded AI.

can I download this?

>The son's wife

Don't you mean his wife's son?

fuck off you little attention whoring faggot, i was interested in your mod but now i could care less because of how much of a fucking loser you are.

how wonderfully random.

only a great game inspires people to do this type of shit.

good work.

Could use some REAL LIFE ADS™
>mfw captcha is billboards

More clothes for Pretty Frank Dress-Me-Up Sim 2006, maybe a light ENB like GTAIV had, and some model swap shenanigans. That's all I really want.

>jump scare zombies
Oh god I forgot about that.

It was really fucking obvious too, it was just really obnoxious and loud.

>aiming system

Guns are pretty useless in DR1 (hell they aren't incredibly useful in DR2). I wouldn't let that be a breaking point for you. But yeah, DR1 is harder than 2. Both of them can be a bit of an uphill battle until you get some leveling up, but DR1 just overall seems easier to die, a little less forgiving, and much tighter time limits

I'm trying to get saving working in the parking lot, so i could just release a gamesave of it. Might be easier that way.

you don't HAVE to rescue survivors though and can easily manage and gain PP simply by playing the story.

it is. getting the survivors will level you up very fast and if the game decides to give you speed early then it shouldn't be a problem if you played the game a lot. managed to do it with this version.

duke I know you're in this thread can you please stream the game more they're comfy as fuck

I'm trying to move my save from the CODEX release of the game to the steam version, do I need at tool to do it or do I just move the files.

oh okay, thanks for the feedback! I was trying to emulate David Caruso saying a puny one liner and putting on his glasses but I couldn't think of a very good way to do that, but I guess it's fine without the glasses.

I can tell you that gamesaves in the steam version are located in

C:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\xxxxxxxxx\427190\remote\

And taking pictures, especially upskirts

So I own the second game. its breddy gud, but I feel like I'm missing out on the first one. should I just go buy it?

Wait, here's an idea:
>play the "It's Frank..." part as normal
>"...Frank West" is NG with him wearing shades

zombie genocider is so boring guys, got to 10k kills and saved,
is the blaster gonna be worth the pain?

wait do upskirt shots really give PP? I took a bunch of photos of Jess's tits but kept getting 0PP...

which is ironic because I was gaining a ton of PP irl

Download complete, time to put on a silly dress and kill zombies

And maybe try 7DS once im a high level for it

More than halfway to that 53k, lads.

Oh shit! That's the perfect workaround, thanks!

yes. this is one of those times when the first is truly the best.

You have to take them when she's sitting down in the security room for maximum PP.

A lot of people consider the first to be better (even though it is a rougher game in a lot of ways.)

Definitely go for it if you liked the second

>haven't turned my 360 on in years outside of some SSFIV
>remember I downloaded DR2 as during it's free run on Gold
>Haven't renewed that subscription in years
>want to play DR2 very badly now
Do...Do I still have it, Cred Forums?

It counts as an erotic photo and you get PP,
theres some survivor girls that sit cross-legged and you can get panty shots for PP

Loved the video, checked out the rest of the channel and subbed. Keep up the great work my man. Just please don't sell out too hard if you ever get really big.

Yeah I put my saves there but they don't show up in game.

Yes

yes. one of the best unlockable weapons in video game history imo next to pic related

Yeah, xbox 360 games for gold are yours for life, whether you are a gold member or not. It's the xbox one where you can't play your free games unless you are a gold member.

do the part where frank takes off his glasses as ed introduces him to willamette but in reverse so he looks like he's whipping them on.

neat i can use my retail code for DR2 on steam now

Fantastic. May start that over soon. I always thought that you still needed to have gold to play the game. DR2 was the only game I think I took advantage of during their little competition with PS+.

Yes, games with gold are linked to your account forever, unlike Sony's bullshit system that requires you to have an active subscription.

It's a beast of a weapon. Unless you are one of those people that think that powerful weapons are stupid because they make the game too easy, then it's worth it. It makes an all survivor run manageable, and it takes out bosses in like 1 or 2 shots

you better save

alright, just got the 7 Day Survivor cheevo, am I good? I got it right as the clock rolled into the 7th day, not at the end of the 7th day like everyone was telling me?

Got the achievement today. Managed to get some survivors in between the grind. I'm surprised I kept up with it as long as I did, but I guess planning it out with shit to do and time to spare in between sessions is smart.

With that MB and the laser sword unlocked, you're pretty much set for the rest of the time playing

>finished all cases
>waiting on the roof for the heli
>alt+tab to browse thread
>this happens
did...did I miss something?

sure post a link

MUH DICK

>did...did I miss something?

Yes, to talk to Isabella at 10 am.

Fug.

Reloading save, could've sworn it would just cut to the scene where the pilot has a zombie in his chopper.

...or was that RE4?

check out the Dead Rising forums, pretty much every mod i finish is getting uploaded there in due time, some other peeps are chipping in to get mods out as well.

Do you have those early build versions of Dead Rising for download?

i just completed overtime mode and got the true ending, lvl 47 and now i'm just trying to do achievements, so i don't feel 'bad' about using an overpowered weapon

how do i unlock the laser sword?

K.

Also dropped the Convicts again on my way back. Now I got another sweet ride.

> 2 more days until payday and i can buy DR

HURRY THE FUCK UP, TIME YOU'RE NEVER QUICK WHEN I NEED YOU TO BE

I'm currently in the process of getting Frank the Pimp, and I'm at Jo right now. Having to juggle these girls is making me have a panic attack. Streaming too if anyone wants to watch me be an idiot.

Laser sword is 5 days in Infinity Mode. Which amounts to playing for 10 hours straight.

I love it when blood gets on the Servbot head for some reason

>how do i unlock the laser sword?
5 day survivor achievement

What was your feeling when you discovered the power of the fish? (Trout?)

I always carry one, and give it to some random survivor, and they are quite good at defending themselves with it for a while.

How hard is it to 100% achievement wise? I usually don't, but one of my friends said it's a lot of fun to get these ones, and it's worth it since it rewards in game items.

I literally had almost the exact amount to get it for PS4 in my bank account and did so without a moments hesitation

ah right, yeah thats another reason why i wanted the blaster for infinity mode, i tried playing infinity mode for an hour then decided to go for the genocider to make things easier on myself

can i get the achievements for taking pics/killing all psychos in infinity mode?

Complete the 7 day survivor achievement within infinity mode. It's not fun if you just like casually playing the game. We're getting mods out to make infinity mode much, much easier (saving, re-spawning food, etc)

Not very. Just time consuming.

>twitch tv / pumpkinzone
>not only namefagging but shilling your twitch channel too

There is a zombie in the chopper in DR, but towards the end of the all cases ending, at some point isabella will ask you to meet her in the hideout, then if you do that, she will rescue frank after the helicopter crashes.

"muh PC masterrace" meme aside, is the console better than the PC? Given that it was originally a console game. I have a PS4

Actually i think it unlocks on 5 day survivor* 7 day is those boxer briefs. My bad.

i kinda like the idea of the lack of food, but i'd be open for some respawning food, i haven't given it a proper go. i think saving would be a good thing to have tho.

Not hard, just very time consuming and if you mess up one little detail you lose the previous hours you spent trying to get whatever achievement you're going for and will have to start over form the beginning.

>is the console better than the PC?
no

>7 day achievement will always be a risk since you can't save
>360 risk of RROD
>PC risk of a tiny hiccup where your game crashes

>Chainsaw gets three books
>Swords only get one book

It's not fair, I just wanted to cosplay Dante and use (ceremonial) swords, katanas, handguns and shotguns

shit breaks in like 2 swings and doesn't even seem to do that much damage
also can you give mannequin torso to survivors?
hardest one seems to be zombie genocide, gotta kill around 53,000 zeds (population of the town the game takes place in)
haven't played PC version but I heard it has save issues, also I can't imagine playing it with M&KB

No, why would it be?

They're the same thing, only PC has support for higher resolutions and mods.

Some achievements require a lot of effort, and some are ridiculously time consuming, but I don't know if I'd say any are undoably difficult.

I never went for the survival mode achievmenets. I just didn't want to risk catching my 360 on fire only to die 9.5 days in.

> support for mods
sold

last one meant to reply to

Absolutely, the infinity mode mods are gonna be really directed towards people who just like to relax, but it does definitely kill the point of the mode for sure.

>also I can't imagine playing it with M&KB
Use a controller then.

>game was selling for 15 on release from GMG
Where were you user, I was shamelessly plugging it in every thread.

Hd texture pack mod when? Are there any mods to pretty it up at all?

>also I can't imagine playing it with M&KB

There's this wonderful thing called "you plugin a controller on your PC and it'll work just like the console version," faggot.

does it work with PS4 controller or do you need an 360/xbone one?

But it has this doesn't it or was that only 2?

I only have 70 cents in my bank account lel, after my gym money went out

I have a savings but i never touch that unless it's an emergency

>I can't imagine playing it with M&KB

Well you don't have to cause it works great.

The PC version has been out for only a few days. Don't expect any HD textures soon.

Besides the ingame textures are already better than quite a few games even today.

We're working on texture mods, i'll assure you that! It's only because our 360 tools do not support PC files yet (LittleEndian vs BigEndian)

You can use a ps3 or ps4 controller on pc.
The first game didn't have a co-op mode.

>attention whore namefaggots are trying to get a reputation in comfy DR threads

No, not happening get the fuck out you faggots there's no need.

>hardest one seems to be zombie genocide, gotta kill around 53,000 zeds (population of the town the game takes place in)
Do you even 7 day survivor?

I streamed last night my 7 Day Survivor achievement in a DR thread and we had a good time chatting. Literally only 'namefagged' that post for people to have the link to my stream, it's fun to stream and discuss Dead Rising with fellow Cred Forumsirgins.

You might actually get the killing psychos achievement in Infinity Mode, but theres no camera in Infinity so you can't take pictures of them sadly.

The Mega Buster is VERY useful for any achievement run, so getting Genocider should be top of your list pal.

Took some searching to figure out what you were talking about. Dead rising wiki lists it as King Salmon. Can kill one of the bosses in 2 hits but it only has 2 hits in it before it breaks. So it's a great survivor weapon, but worthless for anything else.

My favorite survivor weapon was a shotgun with 1 shot left for similar reasons.

How long does it take to reach lvl 50?

Are there any working torrents of this shit yet?

I had this game back in 2007 but never beat it.

>not knowing STiP0's autism for DR
you have no idea how established he is in the DR fanbase already

He's quite close to Capcom VC

>go to movie theater to beat up cult scrubs
>get salt thrown in my eyes
>dragged off
>naked and all my shit is gone
>outside in the park with WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL
Can I get my shit back or should I just reload?

Yes, CODEX one works

Yes and if you can't find such an easy thing to find you're better off spending money for being so retarded

Working torrents have been up since the very first day. It takes like 5 seconds to check yourself, for fucks sake.

I did it in 2 or 3 days without even trying, in total it was about 2 and a half playthroughs and none of them went into overtime either
apparently one playthrough is 7.2 hours realtime

The trout aims and kills one zombie with each swing. This is quite important because most one hit weapons, like the chainsaw, target several objects with each swing, so they are very dangerous when you have a group of survivors. The trout does not.

Also, is fast (unlike a hammer, by example), so there's little to no delay in hitting more zombies.

Last, yeah, it breaks in two swings. Good thing, the survivors have infinite ammo and durability, so a single trout can last for the rest of the game.

>you have no idea how established he is in the DR fanbase already

you sound so autistic knowing that shit. you're worse than e-celeb followers

yes... they are incredibly easy to find. did you only make this post to boast about how you're going to pirate it? if you think that is a big edgy thing... it's not.

go away nazi frog faggot

sounds like a shitty version of the mannequin torso

everything nice in DR has come from that man user

you have no idea what level of power he has for this game franchise

he's covered more than just wars user

Took me 3 play throughs so far.
>First completed every case file minus the last because FUCK YOU SURVIVOR DRAGGING BEHIND I WAS AT THE FUCKING VENT
>Second was strictly a survivor run, saved about 30, ended the run with a half assed attempt at Zombie Genocider during the last 6 or so in-game hours. Managed around 33k zombies before heading to the chopper
>third run was strictly for genocider with some survivors in between, hit 50 pretty early in the run, at about 18k zombies.

>hey cousin wanna go bowling?

I want some heavy duty shit, I want access to outside drivable cars and missions outside too.

Clothes outside in random houses new weapons you name it

>goofy costume changes show up in cutscenes

I will never tire of this in games

You actually need to have that happen to you if you're going for the all PP Stickers achievement, but if you're not then doing that isn't required at all and all you get out of it is a sword.

You lose everything :^)

I'm trying to get Frank the Pimp, get all the PP Stickers, and do the main missions to shoot down the helicopter at the end of the 72 Hours.

Luckily the last girl you need is the one in the box for the cult, so I can still be taken hostage by them .. whew lad.

Why is she so sweaty?

So I'm just getting around to playing DR1.

Honestly I'm liking the feeling of OTR and 4 from memory more than 1

Drank a lot of hot coffee.

The security room gets hot with all that machinery.

Check this shit out ... lol.
(From the Japanese concept art book of the game)

Potential NSFW? I dunno..

How the hell can I record video in this game? Game dvr doesn't work, shadowplay doesn't work, steam doesn't have video capture afaik.

4? or are you that leaker?

IIRC every DR after the original is made by Canadians rather than Japs.

No AC

I don't get why they had to kill her. She was pretty qt, and I bet she could have such a popular character.

shadowplay works friendo i just checked it then

If you're the guy I'm thinking of, you come in every single fucking thread saying this shit.

Nobody gives a shit that you're legally in hot water because you're a dumbass.

do we have to discuss this now?

This is true. Inafune was director on 2, but the development of the game was by Blue Castle Games (later Capcom Vancouver)

The security room is ventilated though.

I mean, look what happened to Isabella, she made it into every fucking games story after the original, they milked the shit out of her, in more ways than one.

>Nobody gives a shit that you're legally in hot water
user I'm just saying I like OTR and 4 better than 1 so far
Calm the fuck down
and no, i dont come in every thread. theres like 6 different people that leaked shit

You fucking posted it you attention seeking faggot

No, he was still just the producer.

>*GULP* *GULP* PHEEEW
why is that sound so satisfying?

>user I'm just saying I like OTR and 4 better than 1 so far
You have shit taste. Is that what you wanted to hear?

>Bump into zombie
>"oh"

4 looks like shit to me right now. is there anything you can tell me on how it is fun without dangering yourself?

Well you post the same retarded shrugging reaction image every time you say this shit, it's hard not to realize you're the only leaker that's a complete faggot.

>Don't come any closer, Frank!

in fact i found myself imitating this sound whenever i have a drink irl now.

The noise when Frank wears womens clothes is great.

autism

yes

with STiP0 here that's a no go.

i dont save that many images user calm down.
im sorry my shit taste ruined your day

is it a wolf whistle?

literal fucking milk jugs

>with STiP0 here that's a no go.
Why? Is he a rat?

>tfw they made Isabella the villain because "WHAT A TWEEST!"

more lewd than that

You mean coffee creamer jugs

no hes cool and all, but theres personal concerns i have

Dead Rising 1 betas are nice and dont want to upset him

n-not in public

>He doesn't play Dead Rising seriously
>He wears lolrandumb outfits while attacking zombies with dildos
Sure hope no one on Cred Forums actually does this

have fun?
on Cred Forums?

I wouldn't worry

So do a few people circlejerk the betas in a sekret club? No public release?

7 day survivor just isn't the same without the terrifying possibility of RRoD

HOLY SHIT YOU CAN PICK UP CULTISTS!

Kotaku, please!

Doesn't bother me bud, post away. DR4 is coming out really soon.

is it better with controller or M&KB?

In what game? 3? Only beat 1 and 2.

I wear the wrestling tights and only use my bare hands and mundane items like potted plants and chairs
Eat shit

What do you guys use without kat?

Meh, is much more fun literally eviscerate them, then standing up just to scream and fall dead.

>Oh, yeah, I'm supposed to be dead.

i wear the swanky franky yellow suit

In Dead Rising 3 it's revealed that Isabella is the cause of the zombie outbreak because she wants fortune and glory or something.

he wont share anything with me no matter how much i can befriend him (if i ever do)
I want those DR betas but it would take more than any money i could ever get

well i guess its free game then

ask me whatever for DR4 i guess?

I like M+KB, but I'd like it a lot less if I didn't have any thumb buttons
Do yourself a favor and set up a macro for one of your thumb buttons
>space down
>m1 down
>space up
>m1 up
That will cover a lot of the special moves that would be more difficult on keyboard than controller

Send me that new desk you bought, and we got a deal!

answer that. what saves 4 from not being shit?

STiP0 why dont you make your shit public now that the game is on PC? or you just do it for cash and virtual authority?

She wanted to find Nick, who turns out was one of the 50 orphans Carlito infected and sent around the US, but he made Nick immune to the parasite as a backup plan or something.

Point is she's probably going to die for it in 4.

She did it to cure it, although for selfish reasons

That's the Xbox version, stop shilling.

When i buy the discs, i'll be releasing them one by one.

Fuck my bad it's the PC version I saw the E.

All good bud, i figured it would be hard to notice lol.

how do you know about the desk?

prototype was really fun to play even when it was unstable and crashed.

the sheer amount of shit you can build as well makes it that much better.

combat isnt cancer, nothing feels like a chore, levels and vehicles are great.

it doesnt hold your hand, the UI is simple and gets the job done well. the circle i hear people bitch about a lot and while i understand it may be bad at first glance, it really is the most effective way to handle things.

the game is not quick either. you will absolutely be getting your moneys worth in the end

the humor is just like DR1. it my have a different look, but it really is just like DR1

there is nothing wrong with his voice

yes

they started copying western devs

Dead Rising 3 is the perfect example

>tfw never did kidnapped by a cultist all these years and just found out a few days ago
Did I miss out?

Just bought, fucking psyched. Haven't played this game since I played a few hours at my friends house back in 2006.

Do what he says big boi if you want those builds

It's a fucking amazing port, I always thought the 360 release still held up, but man.. 1080p

ok i've been wondering, is there psychopaths? i'm sure the answer is online somewhere but i can't find an answer. don't spoil any of them please... if the version you played even had them in yet.

yeah the biggest mistake with 2 was getting rid of Frank.

They even realized this and re-released the game with him, I won't even play regular DR2, OTR is canon for me.

The guy in the grocery store!

This rich son of a bitch is killing zombies and fucking hot latina women and making bank while doing it. what's your excuse call now

>ooh ooh ooh
>ahh ahh ahh
>Perfect.

Can somebody give me a general performance overview of DR1 on 4K?

I call bullshit, the way frank acts (I don't give a fuck if it's tj or not)

He says

>Yolo

>shit yeah

>military jerk offs

>what the shit happened here?! :O

It's all bullshit, also didn't you say you didn't even play the first game ?

Ui looks awful, and camera is close up like a dead space game.

The exo suit ,inventory looks fucked and sprinting and more, make me think it's still gonna be shit. Doesn't even look like a scary movie with crude humor.

why would i take a game seriously when it can't even take itself seriously

Oh so there is nothing wrong with it at all and we should buy it? stop shilling

is that a man-cheetah?

white suit + aviators master race

>the UI is simple
Are you for for fucking real? It's the most over designed piece of shit I have ever seen.

Someone explain to me why Dead rising:OTR is a thing? I'm sure it's good but did we really need them to give us DR2 again but with Frank, just because?

Does the PC port have anything new compared to the Xbox version? Even updated textures / graphics?

I wish dr2 had the running animations like dr1
Normal running and a short sprint when surrounded

The 360 version ran at 1080i iirc it was the first "hd" game I ever played

Nothings different, just up scaled and new graphic options like AA, shadow levels.

DR2 sold like shit because people wanted Frank, not some faggot with a daughteru

Not really.....they barely updated any of the game assets.

I bet they fucking deleted all of the original uncompressed textures and shit, fucking retards.

youtube.com/watch?v=zPqJfnnMrZY

>I-I swear guys, DR4 is good! Make sure to pre-order it! Frank is Back™!

b-but the desk is so nice...

no idea. my guess would be yes because data suggest so.
i dont have an answer

PS4 Pro will look better than Scorpio for it.

user i stepped into this thread stating i just got around to playing them. so far i like 4 and OTR more than 1. im getting on it just get off my ass. I'll get to 3 eventually so i can truly understand why people were so upset

i will absolutely shill a good game. whether you buy it or not isnt my concern
it is very difficult to please me.

the UI and HUD are simple. if you played it you'd understand.
all of it makes sense. its laid out well and is easy to follow.

>It's a great game
>It's just like Dead Rising 1
>all these flaws you listed are not true
>the game is worth buying
lmao

Games nowadays hold the players hand too much. That's why games that are hard, even unfairly so, can blow the fuck up in popularity.

no it was 720p/30

So it was released because of some butthurt? That's fucking mental.

>complete overtime mode
>kill military dude
>Frank screaming like a little bitch while Isabella is on top of the jeep sorrounded by zombies
>Frank can easily walk on top of zombie heads
>he can roll the tank over by Is and saver her
>game just cuts out after the scream
>this is supposed to be the ending where they get away

All of my wats

>Capcom charging 20 dollars for a 10 year old game with no new content or improved graphics

Such jewery is unmatched.

But I guess there's a few older games I'd fork out cash for if they got a PC port.

Fucking did it, senpai.

Now how should I spend my time until the helicopter arrives?

60fps and native 1080p

And why wouldn't you wanna buy the game again, especially since it's on PC now?

But Capcom is still full of jews, that much is true.

>jessie

So many boners back in the day. Now I get to relive all of those boners. What a time to be alive.

When you remove a character that everbody loved your sales reflect that.

Fuck outta here.
Here's real best psychopath who also coincidentally has best theme song.
youtube.com/watch?v=XXCeRU_kYT4

just stop

i dont see a plat trophy user

>playstation trophies
what

so far I'm getting the implications that it's gonna be shit, how is the leveling system?

Is it really capped at 60FPS?

I have a 1080p144 monitor, I thought the framerate was uncapped.

720p as a matter of fact! I too have heard 1080i everywhere, but a couple years ago i looked further into the games executable and its scaled to 720 native with included "HD television" scaling, (whatever that is, has to do with that font scaling thing) It actually really holds up for a 2006 game imo.

I don't know about that, It's not like they fixed anything. The AI is still unbelievably terrible

I did the same fucking thing, fuck that guy

I'm playing on 144fps idk wtf that guy is saying

I thought the appeal was killing Zombies in a mall?

It's really great! Just like Dead Rising 1 I swear. Make sure you pre-order Dead Rising 4 today!

What? It's on PS4 as well.

>Just unlocked Infinity Mode
>10 Hours played

Good thing it was $15.

Oh thanks will do Mr.sean Vancouver !

Are you Canadian by any chance?

Plats are for getting every cheevo, son. You ought to know this.

>not knowing it also got released on the PS4

Research, nigga.

>no sandbox mode
trash.

It's a game built around replayability you dumb shit.

I don't get this reference, sorry.

When I get Legends 3 then sure.

I dont know. the build was programmed to level me up the moment i enter a store in the mall.it shouldnt work like that as i spent a solif hour killing whatever i saw just to level up. Unfortunately that didnt work.

the final game will absolutely not behave like this as that would open the doors to problems.
>hop over the counter
>level up
>hop over again
>level up
>etc

until the game comes out i have no idea. hell for all i know even the ending could be changed

>jump scare zombies
was this really a thing? I played OTR last year and I dont remember that happening at all, except for the gag one at the credits

that's what it is now. before it was a game with zombies in it, not a zombie game. the appeal was being pressured by the timer and choosing your next objective wisely. the zombies were obstacles to slow you down.

Actually? I'm picking the game up tomorrow and was weary of trying 7 day survivor again because of that.

How is DR1 a mechanical downgrade when:

>animations are better
>textures are better
>character movement and combat flows MUCH better

The only things missing are a better roll, moving while shooting and combo weapons, which were balanced horribly and led to every non combo weapon being worthless.

You must've never visited any maintenance rooms or bathrooms, then.

yes sandbox mode retard. you have to beat the game first.

The game carries on after the time runs out. You can just fuck around doing anything you want.

How is Chop til you Drop, lads.

then they rebooted it to make us 'member

It's shit and the only people who pretend otherwise are wii kiddies who missed out on the real 360 version

it's a bad RE4 mod.

Yeah, apparently they were somewhat rare, but I remember there being a lot. And it was always really obvious because they would just be lying on the ground before you even did anything.

it's fucking shit, m8

Is DR4 the last big release of 2016? God this year has been shit save for D44M, even then it wasn't amazing.

STiP0 would it be possible to create a mod which disables Franks fake backlight when it goes dark? I want to play in pitch black and use toy swords as a light source.

>infinte mode
>sandbox
how's that starvation

>wanting to deal with the shit ai
>again

43 survivors is enough for me. Infinity Mode is pretty cool. 14 hours seems a little too much just for a close range mega buster.

Yepp. It even uses some of Leons animations too..

all I know about it is that you can't take photos in that game, even though you're playing as Frank fucking West

Kill yourself youtube shill

>he doesn't have $15 to buy video games

Get the fuck out of here. Cred Forums isn't buying that shit. Go to a more gullible place like Youtube to try and shill 4.

since the mannequin torso is the strongest melee weapon besides the chain saw meat cleaver etc..
What is the strongest weapon to use in DR2 ?

I removed that on 360! It too pissed me off haha, but on PC it's a lot harder to make proper executable mods, all i have to work with is IDA and cheat engine .. geuhh.

I imagine shooting things in theh ead feels pretty good with the Wiimote.

if you want i could shill DR1 on Wii

play the game faggot

ee i wo er w co ld e b hi d t i p st

please do

>the game runs at a 640x360 resolution

Posting my Frank West.

Darn.

You two are ruining comfy deadrising threads, no one wants dr4 and stop shilling a YouTube channel.

just carry some food on you? you should be a good level by the time you finish the game, i know you're not using ALL of your inventory slots. what's next, you'll complain there's no combo weapons?

That's pretty fuckin awesome autismbro

>The Leisure Park area is reduced from the size of a few football fields down to the size of a few backyards. The rest of the mall is also slightly smaller, as construction barricades block off and create new routes through Paradise Plaza.

>Blood color can be changed between red, green and a white effect. Frank cannot jump and the photography system is also absent, as Capcom claims it would not have functioned well on the Resident Evil 4 engine.

>Due to the Wii not having the same level of graphical capabilities as the Xbox 360, fewer zombies can appear on screen (800 zombies could be on screen in the Xbox 360 version at once, but now have to be limited to 100)

>Zombie poodles and parrots have been added, as well as zombified versions of Jo Slade, Cliff Hudson and Kent Swanson - as replacements for the originals, not supplements. Paul Carson is not present in Chop Till You Drop in any form. Cletus Samson remains as a psychopath, but is savable after defeat, in which he will sell guns to Frank afterwards.

>There are survivors in the game, but number of survivors has been drastically lowered, such as most psychopaths aren't in the game hence their hostages do not appear. Also AI systems have been enhanced so there are no "dead weights".

>The game places a greater emphasis on guns as only one melee weapon or handheld item (such as skateboards) can be held at any time.

Not my intentions to shill bud, sorry. Just answering questions.

and it was awesome. they shoulda added the exclusive content into the re release....

I'm a console player. lol

i will shill as much as i damn well please

ㄴㄹㅈㄷㄹ

I can't get it to work. What did you do?

Huh, you guys actually were right about Mannequin Torsos.

I shouldn't have doubted.

>Cletus Samson remains as a psychopath, but is savable after defeat, in which he will sell guns to Frank afterwards.

If this was the only change, wouldn't it still significantly alter the entire game?

>he will sell guns to frank afterwards
They added a monetary system?

Wish there were more like you

looks like vomit

Only briefly played it back on 360 years ago.

On my first run at the moment, just messing around and exploring.
This game is brilliant.

No because the Wii version was more firearm focused. There were few things outside of firearms you could use as a weapon. But I think it was still very impressive what they did with the RE4 engine.

Yes, it's literally a reskin of Resident Evil 4.

Like, to the point where all the guns in the game are RE4 guns.

Like the Red9. Leon's Silver Ghost is what Brad and Jessie use. It even says Kendo Gun Shop on it.

youtu.be/LgkXiGQAqbk?t=2m53s

Makes me hyped, I played the wiii version and it gets me hyped for Dead rising 4! I even pre ordered

Is this satire?

Yes

Why are these threads popping up now? Was there a rerelease or a hd remaster or something?

Heres a (You) for effort

I already own the 360 version, I don't consider pirating the pc version to be wrong in any way

I didn't even notice there were different animations
thought frank always jogged around looking like he just shit his pants

It's cute, but I don't know the source material.

>hd remaster
yes

>not (Yuu)

Ch(uu)~

Steve Blum was a pretty cool guy.

what the fuck was up with off the record
who wanted frank again so badly, they effectively re written 2 but with frank instead.
it's basically offical fanfiction

this looks like it's running at 20 frames

>daily DR threads
>they all reach bump limit
>they're all good

These has been a very enjoyable days on Cred Forums for me. Keep on rocking.

I love Steve Blum!

An excuse to get more money off of people since they actually got quite a lot of flack for the absence of Fronk Wost.

And, like most Capcom-fucking-games, it was basically also a paid patch, since it fixed a shit ton of issues, errors and bugs that were in the original version of the game and never fucking fixed.

fighting cletus again for the first time in the remaster.

i remember being able to hide behind the keiosk racks and wait for him to reload but i'm still getting blasted?

>We want the frank audience
>We also want the sandbox audience
Speaking of OTR, is the game breaker dlc included in the ps4 edition?

hes covered wars you know

>they actually went and gave Frank his own moveset
>playing coop as Chuck gets you Chuck's moveset

some good moments at least

It still makes me smile that
Cred Forums still has some good tastes left

The game itself hasn't been touched but honestly it looks freaky levels of good. It's the smoothest thing I have played in years. I've been seeing MT Framework thanked for it.

playing this for the 1st time in 7 years, feels good

Shame the story went to shit after this though

>All those co-op lines

It got re-released on PC/PS4/Xbone

No Wii-U release tho

Honestly if Capcom and other companies just started re-releasing all of their past-gen console exclusive I'd buy most of them. Why can't I get TLoU and Vanquish on my PC?

You dumb shits, you're supposed to wait behind the door with one side left closed for cover.

fair point, I just always did it that way as a kid. once i found the sweet spot he could never hit me.

I'll do it the other way next time.

I always stood behind the kiosk cause he can't shoot through them

Frank's bare handed skills feel so fucking good, holy shit. I could use the small chainsaw but why would I when I can suplex, roundhouse, double lariat, and fucking Flash Kick zombies to death?

Disembowel is so satisfying as well as face crusher

small chainsaw op
pls nerf

dont forget about karate chopping their limbs off and popping their heads like a cork with a backflip

How does Chuck's barehanded moveset in DR2 compare? Also does OTR Frank have all his moved from DR1?

>tfw the ONLY IN XBOX 360 meme picture is finally dated

someone make a new bread