Say something positive about this game

Say something positive about this game.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hTwOhefBee4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's fun

it made toddposting big

Chimpanzees can talk

The gun play was alright in comparison to the previous games.

the introduction of settlements, ableit executed poorly, was fun and had potential to become good

It's a decent timesink I guess.

the gunplay is less shitty than the other games

Nice try Bethesda shill. Instead of trying to make echo chambers and streamline your games further why not trying to make new ideas and actually put some effort into your cash grabs? With details and good writing? It doesn't matter what little good detail you can pick out with fallout 4, it is simply overshadowed by all the bad. And it is mostly bad.

Best gunplay in the series

it is a game, i guess

Good direction in gunplay for the series.

Thats it, everything else is pure shit.

>[help]
>[help]
>[help]
>[help]

whoa...

My lack of interest in it gave me a chance to play other games.

i no longer have it installed

There were some good side quests.
That's about the only thing I can really praise about the game. I don't even remember most of the side quests I enjoyed aside from the Robot Ship one and the Vault 81 one.

It looks better and the characters no longer look like potatoes

The idea of power armor as a sort of vehicle rather than just an armor piece applied to the character is a great gameplay idea.

I enjoyed my first playthrough a lot, before the novelty wore off.

Best in the series desu

I stopped playing it

I liked the deathclaw and feral ghoul redesigns

Piper

youtube.com/watch?v=hTwOhefBee4

>that animation when you jump and stop mid air by letting all keys
Truly cringy as fuck every time i do that.

Gunplay, i guess.
Writing was shit but had a few outstanding moments.
Also, Curie.
Have +120 hours in, with all DLC.

it showed me how truly horrible this world we live in is

Fallout 4 seriously feels to me like they were really motivated and really tried to make a good game, but only for like 2 days and after those 2 days they had no energy left and just slapped everything together without really thinking about it.

stop projecting cuck

Just started a game. It starts looking good after you get out of the vault. The gun play is a big improvement. It's probably because I bought into the Cred Forums anti-hype, but I'm having an enjoyable time playing it.

Eh, I like the workshop aspects.

I had fun securing a place, cleaning it up, and forming my own little community.

Other than that, shooting felt better. NV is still the better game, but they made the FPS part try to feel like an actual FPS. Shame they had to remove most of the RPG aspect, though...

It just works

I liked the city environments even though they felt too cluttered at times it was a massive improvement over fallout 3s D.c ruins. I enjoyed the settlements. It improved the gun play. That's it really.

Buy my cheeseburgers

It gave us the only interesting meme to come out of Cred Forums in the last 3 years,
Toddposting and the goofballs.

For everything Fallout 4 did right, it executed it poorly. For instance...
>Settlement building.
The idea of rebuilding society is great for a Fallout game but the way they implement resources makes it tedious. Also, the way settlements are attacked is retarded.

>Power armor.
I like that it's more like a vehicle than a generic piece of strap on armor. The problem is that it was given to us too soon. It's resource is too plentiful and it totally fucks the game balance.

>Weapon customization.
This was great in idea but it's not so much customization as it is upgrading. You're always striving for the strongest part. They don't do enough to change weapon functionality to compensate for the lack of overall weapons.

Gunplay and crafting was fun. The companions were better than 3 and I would buy nendoroid of any of them besides Preston and Strong.

fycj iff

Your son is the villain and you have to kill him or nuke Boston.

also the main character is synth.

something positive about this game.

It makes Skyrim look like a good game.

question, if I use the lone survivor perk and only roll with dog meat am I fucking up? Are the companions really that good?

I unironically enjoyed this game. I have no excuse, other than I am a stupid faggot who should probably never have been born. That is all.

It's the game which made even normies disgusted with Bethesda's shabby cash grabs.

Wait. Did /fog/ really split on two? Holy shit.

I guess it's finally over.

I didn't hate it. I just thought it was really a big change. Too bad it seems like as the graphics go up, the 'playability' and 'accessibility' seem to go right up along with it. I would kill for something like this system redoing Morrowind.

is this from a de-dialogue wheel mod?

pretty funny i enjoyed this image

the perk's effects still apply with Dogmeat as an active companion.

I pirated it

Fem MC is a milf

So disgusted it's their second best selling game, with Skyrim being in 1st

There's literally nothing wrong with having low standards. You'll always have more fun than other people.

There was a lot of shit to craft and the game was an excellent time waster.

Oh how I hope they listen to the critical backlash the game has gotten.

plenty of fat chicks willing to put out.

Means nothing. Most people bought it blind because they had a good time with the series.

Read some user reviews what they think about it.

>critical backlash

They nailed power armor.

Weapon customization was cool conceptually.

Settlement building was cool conceptually.

Gunplay is much better than it was in previous installments.

The factions are cool conceptually.

Diamond City is cool conceptually.

/fog/ is mostly waifu faggotry.

from the fans.

Yes.To be fair, you had a horde of autistic waifufags from /tesg/ who refused to play or discuss anything from the series not named Fallout 4, who were squatting the general. A split was neccesarry.

I got $10 credit from the Xbox store fuckup.

I didn't buy it.

Good FPS. I liked exploring and killing shit along the way.

>Fans hated this game!
>Stays one top ten currently played on Steam ever since it's release

The art style was the best in the franchise, especially nuka world

>conceptually
Okay but what's actually good about any of those things?

Pirated it yesterday.

8 hours in, having quite a bit of fun. Dialogue is shit tho.

Seems like Cred Forums was wrong again.

Although it probably wouldn't be worth the 60 bucks pricetag at launch like every bethesda game

the factions aren't 100% from the first two Fallout games, only 25%

Diamond City is a city in a stadium, which is a cool idea.

>big open world with tons of quests
>the first fallout game with actually fun gunplay
>not a fucking desert like NV
>literally the one downside is bad story and dialog
>Cred Forums hates it
really makes u think

It encourage polygamy

>from the the obsidiandrones
fify

gunplay was fun
fuck literally everything else about it

I'm playing it right now and it's not that bad

You must be high if you believe this schlock, it probably the worse the fallout since Brotherhood of steel(PS2).

>his first fallout was nv

>>>/underage/

From fans of 1 and 2 who thought it Couldn't get any worse

>classic fallout/nu vegas: gritty sensible post apoc atom punk
>toddout 4: whimsical cartoon retro future theme park with waifus

Game would be a solid 6/10 if they didn't slap the Fallout title on it.

It's not an RPG and not a Fallout game. It's Borderlands 3.

Its better than Fallout 4.

The waifus would look 100 times better if the faggots weren't using ancient game engine.

The Power Armor?

I couldnt find feminism and memes in fallout 4.

Fuck off tripfag

>The waifus would look 100 times better if anybody make them but bethesda
FTFY

>>literally the one downside is bad story and dialog
That's 90% of what makes a Fallout game, though.

Its exactly what everyone expected. We all knew they could have put out something alot better if they werent lazy, but in the end we know all beth will give us is half assed shit. At least its still fun and I got a solid 80 hours out of it before I said fuck it.

Will mods be able to fix it?

no

I continue to find hilarious fuck-ups.

This NPC was expected to be at a given location so that a quest would trigger. Except I had killed that NPC the day before.

But not even death itself would keep her from attending this conversation. The other NPCs clearly appreciated the effort her corpse put forward, and would talk to her, and wait quietly when she was supposed to be speaking.

Imagine a land where big, gigantic, muscular, huge, hulking, imposing women with big cans, big arms and big attitu-

Y'know what, let's skip the theatrics, chump. This is a mod that replaces the base female body with a YUGE variant for all of you out there with GREAT needs for BIG women. But, y'know, not the gross kind. Like fat chicks. No fat chicks!

That's right, bozo. We're talking pure aesthetics here. Shoulders like boulders, glutes like roots. Y'know, tree roots.
Make your sole survivor THICK, SOLID and TIGHT, like God intended! Y'know, if God had any taste.

Listen, listen, listen. This mod is for all you bozos out there who want women who can take care of business. Boy, lemme tell you. These broads? No question. Know what I mean? Bada BING is what. Arms like steel cables. Legs like TREE TRUNKS. But hey, I know what you're thinking, bozo, and don't worry. The womb is top notch, it's not like real life where women who roid get all like janked up wombs, y'know. These are fertile women. Big, fertile women.

Listen, these broads? They're big. Alright? You like it, or you don't. You like it? Well, I'd say installing this mod is a smart move, chum. You don't? Well, that's cool too, y'know. I mean, not AS cool, but you're still alright. I mean, you'd have to be a chump not to, but hey, it's up to you, you chump move makin' chump, you. Hey, you're alright, kid.

It's got a decent modding community that makes it a decent game to play while I'm listening to Coast to Coast AM and need something to keep me awake but can't fully concentrate on the game itself. Far Harbor was good I guess but then again the game and pass were a gift so I never wasted money on it

-they improved power armor
-???
-it makes the other games look better

yeah.

Fallout 4 doesn't have the best gameplay just because it's easier to shoot people now. It's BoS -tier in terms of just how much it butchers Fallout's emphasis of player choice and build diversity.

The glowing sea was cool.
It seemed cool, at least, until you realized how empty it was.

I agree

*But I'm not normal!
*OK, let's go see Lou.
*Frag it. How about "Not let you live".

New maps are nice.

Piper

You forgot the Bethesda RPG mechanics. i.e. leveling up provides almost nothing cool except "do this thing 20% better" except the enemies also scale with you.

Perks are supposed to be more interesting, and even game breaking at times, or provide different outcomes or approaches to problems.

Upgradeable robot companions are neat.

Dogmeat is a cool name

piper i hardly know her ekekekekkeke

At least its better than skyrim.

It enraged nostalgiafags which is always a +

Hell it can't even keep it's own lore straight. The loading screens explictly state X-01 was made after the war despite that I'm told Nuka World has it. Same with veribirds which appear before the war. In general a lot of shit is inconsistent. You can't even really call them retcons since they happen in the same fucking game.

It's made me realize that the RPG design I loved from the 2000's is dead and that this is the future of the genre.

Lewd mods

Skyrim does that better.

>no quest that lets you marry curie
Litteraly unplayable

This desu senpai

Followers are very well done and are a marked improvement. There's more thought put into their backstories, personality and interactivity so they aren't useless walking chests to keep your stuff in. Also they teleport. Lot of people here listed that as a negative but this means now they aren't a pain in the ass you'll ditch after a few minutes of trying to put up with them because they can't keep up. They're also better at traversing spaces than anyone in Skyrim.

I thoroughly enjoyed my first playthrough. After that I don't even feel like starting it up again. So I guess it's fun once

The shooting was good by shitty-RPG standards.
The settlement system mostly just werks and is excellent at making a Bethesda-game home base.
It may one day be saved by mods. Assuming modders ever actually do anything decent, which thus far doesn't appear to be the case after almost a year.

That's all I've got. It burnt me really fucking hard. I even scraped more enjoyment out of goddamn Oblivion and Fallout 3 than FO4, which I preordered with the season pass on the basis that all Bethesda games, no matter how bad, still eventually become something really fun with mods. It's looking grim.

>Pre ordering anything, ever. With a season pass as well.
Well done, you're cancer. No wonder games like this spend more on marketing now than ever. Why bother making a decent game when you can drop cherry picked trailers that mouth breathing retards will throw money at before even seeing gameplay.

I liked when people were trying to run Buffscale out of the thread for being a giant homogayqueerassbutt and people were defending him for being the valuable content creator and thread supporter he is. To be fair I haven't looked at the not-shit /fog/ since I stopped looking at /vg/ entirely on the basis that everything except pre-Stellaris /civ4xg/ is shit.

Apparently some people got annoyed at all the waifu posters who download 2000 ugly as sin texture packs for characters and post nothing but uncanny valley anime chicks with ZZ size titties spamming the thread. Go figure.

The followers are pretty lame and usually have nothing to say... BUT creating robot followers in automatron is so fucking addictive, and they can be provisioners. Basically when i wander the wasteland a small army of deadly robots from modified protectrons with nailguns to enormous bipedal sentry bots with wheels and fat man launchers cross my path constantly.

It's too awesome for words.

>Nailed power armor
>Gives it to you within 5 minutes
>If you purposefully walk away from getting it you will stumble across a suit in the wilderness that no raider has thought to take in 200 years
>Also the fusion core lore has suddenly changed because fuck you
>Don't worry though because there's basically infinite cores in the game so don't bother taking the suit off
>Upgrades are pretty much pointless beyond adding extra damage resistance

I don't know what to tell you user. I preordered Doom, Xcom 2, Deus Ex MD, Dishonored 2, and Civ 6 this year. Sounds like one of us enjoys playing videogames and is excited to play them and the other prefers to be told what he likes by fat dudes on Youtube.

Power armor. Glorious fucking "I feel like iron man" power armor.

Compared to the power armor in 3 which was just a suit of gear, it's great. And fusion cores are easy to find so before long you can wear it as much as you want, and in the new survival mode (which does improve the game to an insane degree) it will get you through a lot of difficult fights.

If you make robot provisioners, the treads make those bastards lightning fast.

They did companions right. It's impressive how much unique dialog they all have.

Have to disagree, I love my power armor. Granted finding cores in the old suits is a little silly, but I have like 13 sets in a giant garage.

No I wait until and read meta/steam reviews and if possible watch gameplay videos. I'm excited to play new releases, but not being 12 i don't have to pre-order and can wait for a few days after release to assess whether the game is worth a buy. See NMS, I called that as bullshit from the start while everyone pre-ordered the shit out of it. Your statement should read, both of us are excited for new releases but one of us can wait 24-72 hours as opposed to gambling $60 (minimum) for no reason about from to get shiny bonuses and the ability to pre-load the game.

Survival mode. It's well done, better than new vegas, and makes me feel like i'm trying to survive as opposed to just touring the wasteland as a god, without resorting to enemy bullet sponges (well, at level 100 they're sponges)

Cain/Fargo/Sawyer/Avellone:
>Let's make a science fiction movie but with technology from '50s sci-fi films
Howard/Paligurilerigleirolerilogerligleriolgoierlgio:
>Let's literally make a 1950s sci-fi movie and add swear words and empowyred womyn to it

I'll give it that the game itself is just fun. Fun game mechanics, fun enemies, fun world.

The power armor ruins the game. It allows you to fly, to fall any distance, to run into a gunfight without any real worry, etc. It feels like the "Lucario" of Fallout 4. They just shove it in your face and say "this is what you should use, so use it." I liked it better when it was actually a class of armor and not something every build can use. I know that specific perks are needed to get the better things, but really it's just retarded.

I actually tuned into some big youtuber/twitch streamer playing the Nuka DLC the other day, because I don't want to buy it. He was using a full suit of armor, but was playing as a sniper. Like RPing as one, not just using a sniper rifle. I asked him "Why would a sniper need a full suit of armor?" and proceeded to get banned by a mod. I get that he bought the game, he can play the way he wants to, but the immersion of playing a specific class/build is ruined by this bullshit. Maybe I'm just autistic.

Does this board not do New Vegas generals anymore? They were pretty popular in June.

There was an NV discussion yesterday, start one if you want one.

I hated survival.

Just because doing the micro managing on loot after dying is frustrating.

Got a auto-save per 5 mins mod and I still didn't enjoy it. Maybe if someone does an overhaul I might like it agian.

you are forced to be the good guy

Eh the game is mediocre and just feels very low effort to me. They took some ideas from popular NV mods and jammed them into FO4. It also never felt dangerous or post apoc to me.
> and proceeded to get banned by a mod.
The mod sounds autistic to me, assuming you just asked once and weren't carrying on, but I agree sniper builds shouldn't be wearing PA.

I never really understood the appeal of survival mode. It's boring as fuck and just tedious gameplay rather than fun.

I honestly think you'd have to be autistic to think it's fun.Same for that frostbite mods for Skyrim and shit, even more autistic.

>People who don't like what I like are autistic.
Some people enjoy the challenge and get enjoyment out of doing hardcore/survival playthroughs. Furthermore, some people get more immersed when they have make resources/ammo last in a game like fallout.

Starlight Drive-in was pretty baller for building a base at.

The mods on console actually work. My little brother downloaded a shit ton on his xbone and they work as long as the load order is done right, I thought Bethesda would find a way to fuck it up

fuck off todd howard

Space marine power armor mod. Purging the wastes of terra never felt so good.

>Goofballs
That shit is old, newfag