It's time for a VTMB thread!

It's time for a VTMB thread!

Let's try this again. Optional survey:

>Who is your most favourite character?
>Who is your least favourite character?
>Are there any characters that you wish had more interactive lines?
>On your first playthrough, which Ending did you get?
>Melee or ranged?
>Persuasion or Intimidation?

And finally,
>You are about to be embraced. Which bloodline do you wish to inherit and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

debofnight.andcuriouser.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=dQ89WzVXe00
arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/05/paradoxs-removal-of-stellaris-whites-only-mod-draws-controversy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump

The chick with the huge tits who is in act 2 or whatever.

That hippie (?) chick with like a beanie or some shit. Fuck her.

That one dude in the art museum.

There are multiple endings?

>Melee or ranged?
Melee, you're a fucking vampire ffs.

Neither.

And finally,

The one that makes you crazy and wild, forget it's name.

I haven't played in like 15 years since it originally came out.

>there are multiple endings?

Oh, user.. play the game again, side with a different group of vampires. You'll see.

Strauss
Ash
Nines. Not enough chances to really talk to him, which suits the story, but eh.
Anarch, opened it because I wanted to see what would happen.
>Melee or ranged?
Ranged, you thuggish brutes (still did some melee playthroughs, though)
Persuasion

Tremere

Mercurio.

Lacroix

Gary Golden

Sided with the Tremere regent

>Melee or ranged?
Disciplines is most fun, but ranged is more powerful than melee imo.

Persuasion, not even close.

Tremere.

>Ash

I get that his voice actor had to act depressed, but why is his voice volume so fucking low?
Also, I left him to get blown up on my second playthrough. Didn't even show up on text that I'd killed him. Kind of wish it did, because I wanted him to die (it's what he wanted, right?) and found it disappointing when the game didn't acknowledge that.

I'm just going to assume most of the things you mentioned there are part of it all being unfinished.

>The one that makes you crazy and wild, forget it's name.

You mean Malkavian?
Apparently hearing random voices from a Malk's perspective was removed in wesp's 9.5 patch. That's the patch I've got, but haven't played Malkavian with it yet. I'm going to feel let down if this is true.

Fair point.

Tie between Smiling Jack and Mercurio. Both are just cool guys who try to look after you so long as you're not a dick.
Velvet Velour. She's just boring, breathy, and wants you to go around to city doing errands she just can't bring herself to get involved in.
Mercurio, definitely. Once you clear out his first bit of dialogue he's just a merchant. That or Fat Larry, the guy's entertaining.
Pic related.
>Melee or ranged?
Ranged. Some of the guns actually felt pretty good despite how jank the game is sometimes.
Persuasion. Works better for a Toreador character in my opinion.

Probably Toreador. Would be fun to become a smooth as fuck dickbag.

>Velvet Velour. She's just boring, breathy, and wants you to go around to city doing errands she just can't bring herself to get involved in.
I don't get how most of Cred Forums doesn't realize she's just pulling seduction checks on you and isn't best girl. Play as Malk or Nos where you either see through her shit or she's not interested and she's a cunt.

>>Who is your most favourite character?
Jack
>>Who is your least favourite character?
Chinese woman, I aint even gonna google her name.
>>Are there any characters that you wish had more interactive lines?
Vivi, after you do her quests I wished you could talk to her more than just her love emails.
>>On your first playthrough, which Ending did you get?
First playthrough was Tremere, so Tremere ending.
>>Melee or ranged?
Ranged. By the end of the game you're fighting Hordes of Humans anyway so ranged is a better option imo.
>>Persuasion or Intimidation?
Persuasion, so you can get the Tourette ending of her quest.

That's quite clear from moment one. That's exactly why I don't like her. Most characters in the game, even La Croix, will just outright ask/tell you to do something. Which hey, I like money so why not. But she has to put on this giant act just to point out that something should be done about serious masquerade violations going on in town.

You don't have to be a Malk or Nos to realize she's just getting you to do her busy work.

Agreed. That's why Damsel is the best girl.

ISOLATION

Can't argue too much with that. At the very least she's one of the few people who is up front with you from start to finish. Maybe a bit blatantly so, but at least you don't have to constantly question whether or not she's going to stab you in the back.

Didn't go with the anarchs personally, but I can still respect your choice in girl.

Agree with this user. She's honest and spirited which is more than most Vampires, even though her politics would drive me mad eventually.

Nosferatu for life.

Tried making a webm to show my problem more clearly, but VLC flipped its shit so a screencap will have to do.

I'm on the mission where Pisha wants you to get the man who escaped from the hospital. No matter what dialogue option I choose with him, the camera stays like pic related without the man moving towards the door.
I'm stuck here.

I've tried using the kill cinematics command in console, but it unfortunately didn't work. I'm using the unofficial 9.5 patch. Does anybody know a solution to this problem?

The most helpful character you meet, the one guy who doesn't give you an errand to run, is personally responsible for the whole plot. It's Vampire, anybody without an angle is the most suspicious thing possible. And an amateur since they didn't make up a false angle for you to discover and give yourself false confidence.

Nevermind, just realised that I could feed on him until he died.

But it would be nice to know a solution for this, since I'd like to complete Pisha's quests.

Why do people like Nosferatu so much? I played through Santa Monica and part of downtown as one and I don't really get it, it just feels more tedious than anything
>have to dodge people in the streets
>have to go into the sewers to travel
>most of the time the unique dialogue just comes down to the other person saying "what the fuck" before going on as usual
>some quests are unavailable
Is there some aspect to it I'm missing?

Strauss
Isaac Abrams
Are there any characters that you wish had more interactive lines?
Strauss because in my first play through I was a loyal Tremere and I wanted to inform Strauss of everything that was going down but couldn't. Should be more options for playing as a Tremere.
Sided with Tremere
>Melee or ranged?
Melee because I hated the aiming in that game
Seduction

Tremere would be bad ass, but I think I am more likely to realistically fit in the Gangrel clan since I am such a loner in real life.

This game is seriously one of the best CRPGs. I love it so much.

Who /ventrue/ here?

>talkin' up bitches
>fortitude and presence makes you unkillable
>suicide kills almost everything
>blood isn't even hard to find

I like that Tzimisce stereotype.

>so many Tremeres in one thread

I wonder if this clan is relative to the board. What I mean by that is, if Cred Forums identifies as Tremere.. would /cgl/ and/or /ic/ identify as Toreador? /fit/ as Gangrel?.. and so on.

I wish I was Ventrue. I just don't have the personality for it.

>tfw you will never have an official Ventrue dialogue tree that includes the option of dating Lacroix
>tfw you will never have been embraced by Lacroix himself
Life is suffering.

Of course Cred Forums would identify as Tremere, they're basically wizards.

Stay away from my sacred virginity, user. My wizard powers are going to take me places once I'm 30.

That only works if you don't jerk off
That's why Monks ascend and faggots like you turn into older faggots

fuck that regent guy
i couldn't leave his damn house for like 30 minutes cause he kept turning every hallway into the one outside his main room

Reminder that Gehenna happened immediately following this game and old World of Darkness is ded so you can buy Vampire the Requiem

Go away Old World of Darkness Guy, we know it's you.

30 minutes? Was that a bug or did you legitimately not understand how to leave? It shouldn't take you more than a minute.

So does the main character (you) commit diablerie during the course of the game? If so, then who was it?

I had the same problem too, can't remember how I solved it, but I did use the console.
I think I had to fire some scene triggers manually.

? I haven't posted in a VtM thread in months. I'm not the guy you think I am

>mfw I can't visit wizardchan since 10 hours ago

When it comes down to it for me it's Passion > Addiction > Crazy.

One TRUE clean reporting in.

We bring order to chaos and we alone uphold the Masquerade.

Also, debofnight.andcuriouser.com/

...I wasn't expecting him to trap me in his damn house. It didn't take that long to find out how to keep the door from appearing, the long part was getting to the front door after that

It's not a jumpscare, is it?

Why would anyone like Ventrue when there's a much cooler version of them called Lasombra?

Keep going in and out of the Cafe in Santa Monica and talk to the Women each time. But yeah Nossie is hard mode in this game at the beginning.

Glad I'm not alone in this bug at least.

I thought that the kill cinematics command was the only scene-related command on there, but I'll have a closer look at the cmd list the next time I'm there again. Thanks, user.

That would be sacrilegious.

>clean
Did you mean Clan?

The Ventrue are not the ones upholding the Masquerade, the Camarilla and the Black Hand are. There are Ventrue who are not even associated with the Camarilla

In that case, this is pretty based, user

He'll have you going in circles if you go the wrong way trying to get into his room, I believe. You must've gotten lucky the first time, and downright confused on your way out.

Still, 30 minutes? Christ, user. I hope you learned how to leave properly after that ordeal.

>edgelords
>shit clan discipline, literally *teleports behind u* tier
>not rich and famous ubermensch

why would i ever join the fucking sabbat if this is the poster boy?

Nah it's a website that plays the Debofnight show on loop with some game tracks with Rainymood.

>debofnight.andcuriouser.com/

Why does this page after all these years still have a link to the steam store page? The money do not go to the developers but to those who devoured them.

Because their clan curse is lacking a fucking reflection.

Good luck not violating the Masquerade and then standing before the justice of the Ventrue.

Kick and scream all you want but in the end, you WILL fall in line or pay the ultimate price.

Mah nigga!

>edgelords

it's fucking vtm

youtube.com/watch?v=dQ89WzVXe00

>that fucking Sheriff

>walking in Hollywood
>some woman comes up to me at the italian restaurant
>starts acting like she knew me
>i say i don't know her
>she goes to the payphone and talks to someone
>MASQUERADE VIOLATION

fucking humans

>those fucking ads
Holy fuck, it makes me sad that we'll never see anything this funny in a video game ever again

>there are people who took Heather's college loan money

Therese or Yukie.

Jeanette.

Therese, Minx-Xiao, Yukie, the gothic girl in the Asylum with the long white dress, LaCroix, and the Cabbie.

Tremere.

>Melee or ranged?
Melee, but if I were IN the game I'd use both.

Persuasion.

And finally,
Tremere or Toreador. Because I like magic for tremere, for toreador because I'd like to be immortal while being as close to human as possible. I'm okay with pretty much any clan though.
----

As a side-note, making someone a ghoul sounds fun. I'd probably go around saving people on the verge of death and make them loyal minions. Minions that are treated well, and while failure is discouraged, I'd never be cruel to them.

Did the burst of rumours around a VTMB2 ever amount to anything, I know Obsidian was all excited when Paradox bought WW.

I'd like to see them use the new WoD to be honest. Please no bully.

>The sky is probably like that because The Apocalypse is coming.
>No, not Gehenna, The Apocalypse, there is a difference.

>say no to Heather
>she gives it to me anyway

I miss the early 2000 when grillz would wear their thong/g-string straps above their jeans/skirts.

Something about just getting that tiny peak sent my RAEP DRIVE to redline.

why?

VV for my dick, Smiling Jack.
Chinese Vampire, she's corny
VV, ms-dos sex chat is the shit.
>yfw someone opened it on their first playthrough
>Melee or ranged?
Ranged, my favorite is Tremere, non will get close to the might of my blood magic.
How about seduction?
Tremere because thaumaturgy.

I miss the early 2000s period. I wish we had the tech of today with the society of the 2000s

Prince Sebastian LaCroix - He's perfectly written. The elder Ancillae / young Elder playing the Camarilla, Anarchs and Kindred of the East against one another in a gambit for power from the shadows.
Yuki. It's a judgment call having Hunters in your game, Werewolves are a bit of a stretch, but there's no excusing Shark Hengeyoki and anime skirt girls with katana. That's just a blip of bad writing in an otherwise perfect game.
Andrei. The game lets you go Camarilla, Anarch or Independent, but a viable Sabbat playthrough is a pretty glaring omission. (I'm aware of the fanfic Sabbat mods.)
I was playing a Camarilla Nosferatu who sided with Strauss.
>Melee or ranged?
Melee, all day, every day.
Persuasion, it just gets used so much more.
Ventrue if Camarilla for the boss as shit Dominate and Presence, Tzimisce if Sabbat for Vicissitude, and Freed Gargoyle if going Anarch.

Why not?

Because this is a Vampire the Masquerade thread.

>PLaying VTMB in LA
>Got to hook up with some weapons

>That's Fat Larry with a F-A-T coz they's mo' of me to love.

The fucking vendors had more personality than any main NPC I can think of since.

>Paradox
It's going to be PC as fuck and all that sleazy vibe VTMB had that made it so memorable will be fucking gone.
I'm going to guess you won't even see any cleavage.

Not the user you were replying to, but that's my ideal world. Unfortunately, it's just not possible.

its okay because it didn't end poorly for everyone

Did the Giovanni ever get fucked?

Nos is a great playthrough for stealth and melee combat. It's just a different spin on playing the game and it's funny to see how some people react to you. They could have just chose not to make Nosferatu playable but it's cool how they chose to go with it but make you behave like an actual Nos would.

Does this look enough like Lacroix? He looks like an ordinary Ventrue-type to me, but not enough of a likeness to the jester prince.

Also, what are some of Cred Forums's favourite mods to use on VTMB?

speaking in ebonics doesn't = personality. I know you don't have black people where you live but come the fuck on.

Beckett.
Nines.
Mr. Ox or anyone else from chinatown
I got to sleep with the fishes
>Melee or ranged?
Melee, even though the bossfights at the end are impossible
Intimidation

Old World of Darkness is alive again, though, and both New and Old WoD are receiving new books. A large number of people who played New World of Darkness ended up borrowing bits from Old World of Darkness and adding it to the modular nature of New World of Darkness as their preferred play style.

It all comes down to women, if anything offends them it has to be cut.

One thing I don't get, reading the VTMB gurps edition book

Toreador are supposed to be the most empathic, right?

Then why are they the least capable of actually being social, since its all manipulations and shit. Yeah they can be conceited fucks, but being too emphatic and being sociopath are two opposite spectrum

Well, Cred Forums? Do you think he's dead?

The whole game will be cut then.

>there are not more mods with Yukie

I love the idea of the misadventures of a japanese hunter and a fledgling while they stumble upon and fuck up both kindred and easterling plots

Fat Larry conveys more about his character and his personality in his few lines of dialogue than his accent. Did his lack of whiteness upset you? Did you have a bout of impotent rage over his obvious SJW placement? Perhaps Trip upset you less?

>tfw you give Jeanette the amulet and the ghost lady is trapped forever

I did that on my first playthrough. Never again.

I was so fucking pissed, too. It was my only failed quest for the duration of the game.

I'm the user you were replying to.

I can't even remember what society was like back then.

I think everything was just more laid back, casual fun, non-SJW bulllshit and grillz were sluttier.

I would gladly give up the technology to go back to how it was then.

Less people on their fucking phones 24/7.

Her email about throwing it off the pier appears even if you don't give it to her.

Ebonics isn't accent. Its a way of speaking, coming from someone who lives around that shit half my life. He isn't really saying much.

Is it possible to play with Animalism as your main combat skill?

Yes, just go stealth as well since it fits better.

>grillz were sluttier
No, no, kiddo. grills back then had some decency left in them.

This is World of Darkness. It's supposed to be atrocious. It is one of, if not the worst setting anyone could live in. It's called the World of Darkness for a reason.

Beckett, he was the perfect blend of sarcasm while not a complete asshole
Probably the one ghoul whose blood-pimp went missing. I get she was supposed to be annoying, but fuck her
the Gargoyle, I liked just talking to him
still on my first playthrough. Game crashed after a texture mod.
>Melee or ranged?
Ranged
Persuasion
Toreador, I'm a tit-for-tat kind of guy who doesn't want no treble. The big thing is that I just want to chill out and not feel bad, since I don't want to die or have to become a decadent prick in order to forget all the terrible things I've done, and Toreador seem to be capable of both extremes. I also want celerity because that sounds like it could be funny as fuck

also why does no one talk about the graveyard?

I thought that was a neat quest

>TFW I'm 31.

Did they?

Well they always gave up the pussy for me so I guess I was being subjective.

What were his motives?
What clan would he be?

Tell that to the liberal fuck stains in Paradox.

>fill game with 10/10 girls
>only let you fuck the worst one

the one with the zombies where the guy gives you a rifle?
i couldn't finish it after 10 tries but then again i was ventrue
and the rifle was useless because scopes are bugged to have insane sway

nigga white-wolf was run by actual neo-pagans and san francisco faggots

Not all of them are prudes, some are going to put in degenerate shit just to piss off christians.

Surely you don't mean the zombie-shooting quest? That was the most intense experience I've ever had in a game. I don't think I've ever passed it, it was too much to handle.

>first playthrough
Fellow Toreador, you should leave. I wish I could play the game for the first time again without spoilers, and I think many would agree with me. For your own good, play without browsing these threads.

Yeah, based off that one movie about the nightshift guard at the cemetary.

Just use the shotgun

How long can a vampire stay out in the sun?

F-A-T LARRY

Venus Dare or Ash Rivers

Larry, Knox, and Jeanette/Therese past their zone

Fuck Everyone

>Melee or ranged?
After playing through with literally every clan, melee used with disciplines is easily the most fun way to play. Ranged is really only satisfying during the endgame portions

Seduction!

And finally,
Toreador pretty easily

They have access to one of the absolute best disciplines in OWoD, Celerity, and they don't have weird shit to deal with like Nosferatu,Ventrue, or Tremere

I also get to be even more qt

He's clan I'm Cain bitches, bow down

The publisher gets to call the shots, if they say it's too "WoD" then the devs have to change it.

depends on what generation

evidently some thin-bloods can hang out in the sun, no problem

So, by this logic, all vampires are fucked in the sun, but I'd imagine the lower generations are even more sensitive to it.

its how you know La Croix didn't expect you to live, your first apartment had no sun protection

Hard and immediately. Not even by an ante or one of the Cappadocian successor bloodlines that hated them, by an unnamed 4th or 5th gen older and nastier than their entire clan.

I tried to figure out who this guy exactly is and there are two popular theories.

He is either an extremely powerful and insightful Malkavian that believes he is Caine.

Or it is actually Caine himself.

These two theories are the most popular because the sound files for the cab driver are labeled "Caine".

The same paradox that let them make a 20 year anniversy of oWOD with all the shit intact?

I severely doubt they are going to censor a setting known for its sleazy depiction of urban life

I know being a cynical dickhead is in right now, but calm yourself

White Wolf themselves said it's not Cain.
See above.

OP here.

Just wanted to say thanks for those who have posted in this thread so far. I don't have anyone to discuss VTMB with IRL, and after reinstalling it for the third time, the enthusiasm I have for the game has yet to die, and it's so nice to finally be able to talk about it.

So, yeah. Thanks, faggots.

wasn't the Toreador ante dead, though?

>all that angst about the antes

>some are already dead

>turns out some just want to fuck off rather than kill all their children's children

Then why would the devs label the cab driver's audio files as 'Caine'?

Was it an idea they had and then scrapped it?

yeah the zombie shooting quest, the idea of shooting up old hollywood stars because the gravekeeper was out hitting up prostitutes and getting a six pack made me feel new things inside

No, this Paradox.
arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/05/paradoxs-removal-of-stellaris-whites-only-mod-draws-controversy/

I think you're mistaking Blizzard for Paradox Interactive.

They wanted him to be Cain, but White Wolf said no.

I had slept with him instead.

I can't believe that there are people out there who actually enjoyed that section. I try to avoid it as much as I can.
Were you successful the first time around, or did you have to restart the quest at some point?

This guy was kind of cool.

>upload a mod called whites only

>try to bait people with shit about multi-culturalism

I mean, what did he expect to happen? His reaction after it got taken down makes me think he just wants attention

I got it without any issues, I'm playing toreador with near max firearms and pretty good celerity.

I had a couple of eldar vitae and some blood packs, used celerity to zip around and shoot zombies in the face with the shotgun, crossbow and magnum then used the ax on the remainder.

I found the idea of it fun and I liked the characters

>Who is your most favorite character?
Smiling Jack baby. Love me some pirate vampires.
>Who is your least favorite character?
Jeanette. She is just lol so random.
Either Nines or Jack.
>Melee or ranged?
Ranged. Melee is just too easy.
Dominate.
Followers of Set.
>Turn into a snake
>Remove people's hearts
>Get blinded and just see through forked tongue
>All dat pus/drugs

It's just a mod that barely does anything and they can choose to not download it.
It just shows how PC Paradox is.

What is VTMB about?

Is it a good game or is it just all about vampire waifus?

They said it had nothing to do with the mod, but with the description.

I mean, their workshop is like their forum, or any forum, post racist shit and you get banned.

This isn't new or unexpected, if you don't think devs are going to ban you for it, then I'm sorry steve.

also I know you're a tremere trying to get a raise out of me

it's an rpg that actually does the rp aspect pretty well
my only real gripe is that combat is mediocre at best

Fuck off, Ventrue scum.

Paradox will fuck this new game up with their PC bullshit, screencap this, you vegan blood only faggot.

Good cRPG that has great role playing, story telling, and choices and consequences. Its a story/role play kind of game similar to Arcanium/Fallout.

Define dead. Any antediluvian that wasn't eaten and like half the ones that were comes back in at least one scenario.

The ones where they came back were usually assuming they never died. I think Ravnos was the only canon dead outside of the "pick your Gehenna" scenarios.

It's not even confirmed that what was destroyed WAS the Ravnos antediluvian. It quite possibly was just a very powerful 4th gen who was a pawn in the Jihad.

>favourite
That commie Anarch chick you have to prod about into revealing her power level.
>least
I don't really dislike anyone but probably the big bewbed nightclub owner and her sister. She was a slut but her whole subplot felt like it was written by a teen girl for a teen girl vampire show. Even it had its charms but not really my tea.
>more lines
The dude who's dying at the beginning. Mercurio?
I still haven't finished the game.

Melee
Intimidation

Brujah Anarchs. Fuck the police yo.

>vampires used as a clumsy metaphor for gays and people of color
It's coming

Who /TOREADOR/ here?

Reporting in.

>>Who is your most favourite character?
fat larry with an EFF AYY TEE
>>Who is your least favourite character?
those hoping little head fuckers that asshole with the stupid head sends at you
not that i can think of
>>On your first playthrough, which Ending did you get?
camarilla
>>Melee or ranged?
ranged
>>Persuasion or Intimidation?
persuasion
>>You are about to be embraced. Which bloodline do you wish to inherit and why?
tremere for that sick blood magic

Why even be embraced if you like being a kine so much?

I need proofs and evidence of the Masquerade being broken.

Plenty.

None, it's a slow burn.

No, I'm not being cheeky.

>no clan Chocula bros

Lol why did this get deleted?

So I can be as cool as a corpse.

Don't worry, darling, I like hanging out with your nossies. It's refreshing to talk to someone who has a brain.

I finally got webms working. Was about to post and then..

>Error: Audio streams are not allowed
fug

I should've known.

Oh, shit.

What game is this?

More

This is hentai game HoneySelect.

Thank you, user.