Kakuna or Metapod

Kakuna or Metapod
Do you know the right answer?

Kakuna

There was never even a competition. Kakuna's design is fucking perfect. Not only that, but it turns into Beedrill, the coolest bug pokemon to ever exist

Metapod
However, Weedle and Beedril

Poison sting vs tackle

15 dmg vs 40

30% to poison target

Poison eats 1/16 health a turn

Even if kakuna gets a poison off on the first turn and continues to use poison sting, it will still be doing worse damage than metapod tackles

There's no Mega Butterfree, so Kakuna is certainly better.

Kakuna is faster than Metapod. Assuming these are both top percentage pokemon, Kakuna would eventually beat Metapod within 4-5 electrowebs.

Magicarp always wins

but after he gets poison he can use harden to lessen the damage of the metapod's tackles

OP, this is a blue board. That shit's lewd

in 1st gen, Poison was super effective against Bug. went both ways too.

metapod

Kakuna would win assuming both know Electroweb and it poisons Metapod on the first turn.

Kakuna early on. But butterflee gets demand psychic moves later on.

Karina never made sense to me

Caterpillar>Cacoon>Butterfly

Caterpillar>Cocoon>Bee?

Weedle could be a bee larva?

Bees also have a larval stage and go through metamorphosis. You usually don't see them because they tend to keep their larva in their hives. I do miss Kakuna having it's small stinger-hands

that's a pretty fucking cool shot of bee larvae

No but I think Kakuna would win, it has the same movepool sans Tackle and Snore in exchange for Poison Sting and it's better speed gives it an edge

Electroweb/String Shot, Bug Bite, Iron Defense, Poison Sting/String Shot is probably the best moveset for both of them

Kakuna vs Metapod
Kakuna might win with poison sting

On the long run, Metapod. Butterfree is decent.

I much prefer Kakuna's line but maybe that's because Silver was my favorite as a kid.

I liked Metapod more when I thought his face was the other way around.

>x happens assuming this one thing happens but also while this other thing happens merely by chance
kys

Let's compare movesets and stats:

Metapod-------------------------Kakuna
---------------Iron Defense----------------
-----------------Bug Bite--------------------
---------------Electro Web----------------
-Tackle--------------------Poison Sting-

Stat: Metapod/Kakuna
HP: 50/45
Att: 20/25
Def: 55/50
SpA: 25/25
SpD: 25/25
Spe: 30/35

Kakuna is not only faster and hits harder, but his strongest STAB move deals normal damage while Metapod's only STAB hits for half against Kakuna. If both use Electroweb instead, Kakuna will most likely have the edge since it hits first, although Metapod's higher HP might be enough to get an extra hit in. It would be a bit RNG based, but I'd say Kakuna will win more often than not.