Dark Souls III

should i get it?

Yeah, it's a solid game, you even have enough time before the first DLC arrives

would it be best to play alone or with friends?

always alone or with strangers, something about the game gets lost when you play it with friends

It's literally one of the worst games ever made

yeah but stay away from the souls community no matter where you are

Both options are fine, alone if you prefer the challenge since summoning makes everything easier.

The online is also pretty active on all 3 platforms, so at this time you won't find any trouble summoning people

or wait for nioh

how so?

okay cool, any tips for the game?

what is?

>any tips for the game?
The knight is one of the best classes for beginners
Keep equipment weight at less than 70%
Rolling away from enemy attacks is preferable
Pay attention to the enemy attack patterns before attacking
And ALWAYS pay attention to your surroundings

The game can be pretty though on beginners

I shall bear all of that in mind, thank you

the guy who says its shit just has nostalgia goggles on while being a contrarian faggot, just ignore him

the knight is stupidly better than every other class

I think the most important tip I can give you is that you should find a weapon who's qualities, such as moveset tied to the weapon or other special traits, and prioritize that over raw stats because a weapon with a moveset you enjoy will always serve you better than pure damage.

Try things that are outside the box. These games have secrets that are so obscure they are really comparable to the sort of tall tales you would read on cheat websites, except they really do something. An entire area of the game is hidden in this way.

Assuming you're not aiming for a specific soul level range.

Also op bear in mind that any class can adopt the traits of another class since you can level up your stats in any way you want.

Even though this is an action rpg, your own stats matter very little compared to your weapons. Prioritize upgrading them before leveling up.

That's interesting, so a game that rewards thinking. Sounds great, definitely gonna buy.

Do it, see you on the end of my blade

be a pure caster and focus almost all upgrade points into intelligence then just blow everything away easily

Not him but also bear in mind that it's OK to die and lose souls, mid way through the game the difficulty will spike specially if you like to hide behind your shield, playing aggressively will put you on par with the most relentless enemies you encounter

I highly suggest playing the first game beforehand. If you do, even if you switch over halfway through this game, then you will be rewarded with one of the most beautiful moments in gaming that I have ever witnessed.

Sure, so don't be afraid but be wary and wild out a little bit

Do it for her.

I assume you are talking about returning to a certain area which unfortunately been spoiled for me.

it sounds like this might be OP's first souls game. if so OP you should play Dark Souls first. 3 reuses tons of its content and you'll better understand the 3rd game after playing it

I have played the first game but it was long ago and i blacked out on the series after, I heard number two was bad and bloodborne was real different

Just bought this a week ago, and its my first Souls game. I'm currently in Anor Lando. Been using the Irithyl straight sword, and the masters katana mostly.

I would like to be competitive in PvP, but have no experience with it. Any good tips? Any sort of play style I should avoid?

2 is skippable, imo. The story doesn't really meaningfully tie into 1 and 3 largely ignores 2 outside of a handful of nods that aren't relevant to the actual plot.

Scholar of the first sin isn't baaad, if you really want to give it a go, it just does two things wrong for every thing it does right.

to be good in dark souls 3 PvP literally all you have to do is not attack, back away and roll whenever someone gets close, then attack when they miss attacks

also just do invasions, spare yourself from the shitfest that is dueling in dark souls 3

>her

Not for PC.

Yes, a lot of enemies (and you) can be staggered with a single attack, but always experiment first to see what kind of approach is best

DaS3 isn't balanced for dueling, since you are in that zone, using that area's invasion covenant can be much more fun, also, learning the parry timings helps quite a bit

I've been watching youtube videos. From what I've seen, most invaders get destroyed by host/blue spirit/gold spirit kill squads. Doesn't exactly look like fun.
Practice parrys. Roger that.

Play Dark Souls 1 first.

Honestly, no. Wait for the inevitable "ultimate" edition then consider it.

I've been trying to play DS2, and too many of the enemies are just bullshit. Like, they seem to have a certain recovery time UNLESS you attack them, in which case they'll just skip it and attack again anyway. And they'll like pile a last move onto a combo with no tell beforehand, etc. Basically things that make enemies unpredictable and not safe to attack at ANY time. Examples would be the old knights that wield two handed weapons and the purgatory guardians with the staves. There is also the ridiculous tracking and bad hitboxes that can make i-framing impossible sometimes as well.

Anyway, I've heard that DS3 has some similar issues. Would any of you agree? Because I'm seriously only at Huntsman's Copse and I already hate this fucking game. So I'm down to DS and DS3 at this point.

No, actually. Don't look further into this, but it really is towards the end.

do not rely on parries, anyone that isn't shot knows how to play against a parry spammer. if you do parry you have to use it sparsely unless you're sure your opponent is retarded.

also yes invasions are shit too, but they'll be better to actual learn with. trust me, everyone doing duels plays nearly exactly the same. they all mimic the latest eceleb trends and have the, "I must win at all costs" mentality so they will literally drag fights out for 25 minutes rolling away from you

One more question about being competitive in PvP.

When should I stop leveling?

In that case, I guess I'll just keep invading until I git gud. Thanks.

level 30, level 50, and level 70 are all popular invasion levels. 120 is the standard level for dueling, some people will say duel level is 80 but they're literal contrarian memers. also keep in mind your weapon upgrade level will change your matchmaking zones. look up the numbers and such on a wiki just so you'll remember

If they make contact with you they'll sometimes go for a finishing hit. If you dodged their other attacks they're not gonna go for that finishing hit.

It's not hard to understand and then memorize all enemy attacks dum dum

>Scholar of the first sin isn't baaad
Its honestly much worse than regular dark souls 2 with dlc. Since in sotfs they decided they would add a clusterfuck of enemies, brighten up the game even more than what was already bright enough, and add a green tint that ruins the atmosphere

Speaking about DaS3, tracking has been toned down, most hitboxes are now as good as the ones in DaS1, ADP is now extinct so no more problems with being hit while rolling, rolling now is harder to punish, grabbing attack hitboxes are a bit wonky, just like in the rest of the series (but not as ridiculous as in DaS2).

Most of the problems from DaS2 were corrected in 3

Well fuck, I just hit level 71. I guess I'll do my DS homework now. thanks for the incite.

Go with 3, it has the best gameplay of the series

71 is just fine for late game invading

>If they make contact with you they'll sometimes go for a finishing hit

this is how it's supposed to be. but it's not how it is.

Pick a mace for it's weapon art can fuck with R1 spammers, I would provide a webm to prove my point but there's a size limit in Cred Forums and I don't really care

also note that "toned down" means in comparison to previous games. tracking is still ridiculous on many weapons, hitboxes are still much larger than they appear, and weapon balance is the worst it's ever been

Is that one of the poise boosting weapon arts?

yeah, let's you tank attacks for a few seconds and gives you like 50% damage reduction. can be used to win trades with people almost every time

Nice, now that you mention it, I've seen that on a few youtube videos. People using the Caestus? I'll keep it in mind. I've been meaning to switch out the Irithyl straight sword for something, as its starting to feel a little underwhelming.

No reason not to, it has flaws but nothing that is a dealbreaker

it's not as good as bloodborne and nowhere near as mystifying as Dark Souls I, but it's worth its price easily, PVP is pretty good and will probably last longer than BB

Caestus is honestly one of the 3 strongest weapons in the game. weighs nothing, does insane damage on the L1 L1 combo, has the best weapon art in the game, has perfect parry frames, and compliments pretty much any other weapons. The Irithyll weapons are alright to start off with, but they lack the scaling and damage output of other weapons in their classes, on top of frostbite being entirely useless. if you're looking for another SS there are a good few better options

Well that's a ringing endorsement if i've ever heard one. I'll pull it out of storage and give it a shot.

what is that moment?

The gameplay evolution

Wait for game of the years edition or a sale.

>Are you a fan of From/Souls games?
Then yea, of course
>Are you just curious and want to pick it up?
Then ehhhh, wait for the goty edition with all dlcs a little later

Only get it if you're only going to do PvE/Coop. PvP is a fucking joke
That being said, aside from annoying call backs to Ds1 instead creating new content, it's pretty good.