Why has no one made a modern Parasite Eve or a spiritual sequel?

Why has no one made a modern Parasite Eve or a spiritual sequel?

>body horror
>fantasy
>magic
>third person shooter
>rpg elements

All this shit is the rage. RE games sold millions. Imagine RE4, but with spells, builds, stats. It'd be cool as shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xnyOyiA7gbc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But they did.

>handheld

Not a system to handle a third person shooter. It was all lock on nonsense.

The whole game is cheap ugly mess.

I simply don't think Square-Enix can even handle a PE game. Someone else should do it.

A real horror-magic-rpg shooter with body horror.

I love how they managed to shoehorn Lighting into this too.

Shouldn't be a surprise since Toriyama was the Scenario Director.

Parasite Eve 1 is better than Parasite Eve 2.
PEII is a medicore RE clone.

Never played the first one, loved the shit out of the second one. For me it's more memorable than RE. I used to dream about remaking the game on Source, or at least remaking the areas.

You should really try the original sometime; its more RPG-like. Fights take place in small enclosed areas and the battle system is essentially ATB if ATB allowed you to move around at will. You dodge attacks by moving out of the way of an attack when the enemy strikes.

That said, I'm surprised you like PEII as much as you do. I thought stats and magic system were out of place and that the game gave you too much ammo. I also didn't like how enemies moved at almost the same pace you do so unless you use special weapons and magic you'll find yourself running away, shooting a few times, and then running away again.

The combat system is turn based with tactical elements. Similar to FFXII in a way. 2 is definitely more action in that regard.

Maybe it's just because I was young when I first played PE, but it was one of the scariest games I ever played. The opening opera scene and that flaming horse later on were all really disturbing. The last boss, not so much.

It was a really well put together game. The enemies had great designs and all seemed to fit, and there was a constant atmosphere of dread. Like, even the safety of the police station felt creepy.

>and that the game gave you too much ammo.

I can't remember. Didn't PE1 have infinite ammo?

In 2, they give you a few spots where you have infinite low quality ammo. Typically 9mm. If you're a cheap Mofo, you get a gun that uses that and save money.

Post more Aya

They lost the rights to the book.

Basically they can use Aya because she's an original donut steel but they can't use EVE.

ayayayaya yayayaya

Any idea how that would effect game ports? Like, if they wanted to re-release Parasite Eve 1 and 2 or port those games to iOS/Android/PC would that be an issue?

Yeah, it doesn't have to be a PE game itself, just a PE styled one.

I for one don't even think that Square-Enix could do a PE game now. Everything they touch is shit.

The shower scene with Aya was the first video I ripped off on an IBM Aptiva Pentium computer. The second was that gay guy with child bearing hips from FF IX.

Third birthday is a thing.

Kingdom Hearts and Nier still seem to be getting good games.
World of FF looks promising too

any story behind this? its rare to see japanese adaptaton cancelled

PE1 definitely didn't have infinite ammo. It did put greater use on using your powers compared to the 2nd game though, which made ammo conservation a bit easier.

Where did you get ammo in that game then? I can't remember ever buying ammo.

Mostly from enemies, but I believe some random npcs gave you a bit. You'd find them in chests rarely until you got to the chrysler building. And i want to say the guy at the precinct had some but i think you just stored it there. Actually now that i think about it, i think Maeda's gun had infinite ammo, but you only got that in NG+. Maybe that's what you're thinking of.

I think it's mostly just conjecture. I do know it was originally a shitty mobile title they scrapped and ported to psp.

They referenced it in FFVII remake so maybe they'll make another someday.

youtube.com/watch?v=xnyOyiA7gbc

you can steal ammo from enemies with the baton, IIRC. You pick up and get ammo drops more than enough to last the game though.

Unless you take a semi auto like the m16a1, convert it to full auto, and add a bunch of shot multipliers like a full retard.

>It was all lock on nonsense.

I honestly think the battle system for the first game was the best. It was all about just dodging and then getting a turn to target stuff and prioritize targets in paused time with some variety on gear and abilities sometimes.

Second game was similar but more real time all the time, even when you attack.

The third game went full on third person shooter but maintained the lock on aim.

I don't feel like they need to get rid of the lock-on aim, they just need to make it more similar to the first game and make it more tactical.

I will admit I wouldn't mind playing a similar game in a full free aim setting in third or first person but honestly I'd better prefer a Parasite Eve sequel to go back to it's roots.

>Imagine RE4, but with spells, builds, stats. It'd be cool as shit.

so... bloodborne.

PE 1 has better combat and overall gameflow.
PE 2 has better scenery, setting, and atmosphere.

I wish there was a way to combine them both.

And guns. But not a souls game. Maybe a slight "turn" system like the first game, but you can move around.

>3rd Birthday
>magic
>rpg elements
>body horror

tfw youll never play a PE that shows all the mods you make to your different weapons and bodyarmor choices,

Please don't compare Parasite Eve to Bloodborne. Just don't.

>you take a shot at the enemy
>stun them
>charge up a fire spell
>light them on fire
>they run burning until he dies
>switch to baton
>steal from near by enemy
>follow up with melee
>dodge big area attack of big enemy

Sounds cool.

delete this

How good/bad is this game? Is it really as bad as it sounds or just not as good as the other ones? Is it worth playing?

It's super generic and utterly forgettable. If it didn't have any connection to PE it would never be discussed now. Plot and story are a total mess.

>The whole game is cheap ugly mess.
it actually looked great and the gameplay really wasn't so bad. The whole concept and story though was terrible. It would have been better with an old school survival horror structure, explorable maps and the like, instead of the linear missions with a boring hub.