Yes

Yes

p much

fuck off eceleb faggot

What video was this for?

Yes.
But FF7 remake is dumber

Kingdom Hearts is, in fact, dumb.

Literally the living embodiment of "Spam X to win" action game that only niggerz and autistic weabs love.

literally who but yes KH is dumb

Yes.

yes

it's not wrong to like KH but it's undeniably dumb

Yes but the main appeal of the series is being dumb.

>people unironically like kingdom hearts
What kind of headspace do you have to get into? Just looking at them purely as video games without even paying attention to the setting, premise, or characters?

I just don't get it. I've tried to play the first two games so many times, and I can't get into either one because the second Sora or Roxas starts talking, I fucking lose any sense of engagement and have to turn the console off. I can't even imagine what it's like once fucking disney characters start popping up.

Kingdom Hearts is dumb

Kingdom Hearts is ridiculously dumb.

Pshhh, Kindgom Hearts?

Heh, grow up, kid.

Manchildren, their brains never fully matured.

He's right, kingdom hearts is pretty dumb

>What kind of headspace do you have to get into?

You kind of have to be new to video games or the genre as a whole. They lack substance because it's newby friendly.

It's dumb as fuck but Projared is an ugly autistic faggot.

I just play it for the elder god tier music and CUHRAYZE boss battles. But it's not everyone's cup of tea. Especially with the ridiculous story.

>Jared (((Knabenbauer)))

Kingdom Heart is just one of those games where the story is poorly written icing. I think most people like the gameplay and Disney stuff. A lot of the Disney worlds are actually filler for the most part.

The writing, like many Square-enix games, is pretty convolutedly stupid and not ment to be taken seriously. The recent games had the main villains and heroes being 2 to 3 people.

Riku and Roxas are the better characters, but they aren't in much. Sora became more like a generic protagonist after 1.

When KH was at the peak, it was one of few "mainstream" anime nip games to come over alongside it's retard proof alongside disney the weebs and autists drooled over it. I'm talking like secondary school age. By KH2, it ended up being the mainstream go to cosplay/yaoi bait.
Now we are in future, weebs and autists "grew" up and cling to nostalgic weeb days when they had a echo chamber of friends who thought black trenchcoats were the shit even though the world had already moved on from the Matrix.

I want so badly to defend the fuck out of KH, due partially to nostalgia, but it is indeed pretty dumb.

>people honestly take KH story seriously

you have to approach it like you would a really dumb spanish soap opera , the retarded twists and turns and melodrama are what is entertaining about it

Dumb? more like fucking retarded.

It's not a very entry level videogame so it's understandable that you would not like it.

Even though KH IS dumb, no denying that, i still love it and rather play that over any FF after IX, specially a remake.

So no, he is not right. Fuck FF VIIR, FF VII already exist and already has enough spin offs and a movie.

Kingdom hearts is retarded as all hell from a story standpoint
but it's a dumb flashy action roll playing game with fun gameplay with a retarded as hell story that overshadows the gameplay
no body talks about the gamepay of kingdom hearts they talk about the bat shit retarded story

he's right it's dumb, but it's dumb fun

Yes

You have Mickey Mouse talking to anime characters about the power of love and friendship. It's pretty fucking dumb to begin with.

No. He's never been more wrong

Yes it is.

I guess you just have to grow up with it. I like Naruto still for example.

Kingdom hearts is absoute trash. It's cringeworthy to know there are people older than 15 who like it

Who?
I must have missed 60 Minutes and i'm not up to date on E-Celebs.

He's right, but you don't insult SE autists because they will dedicate their lives to ruin yours

>eceleb Twitter cancer shit
Who gives a fuck? Down a jerry can and light up a smoke.

You have to learn absolutely all the lore and play on critical.

>Bioshock Infinite is the greatest game I've ever played.

What did he mean by this?

This.

Everyone should stop getting offended that nobody likes kingdom hearts and just enjoy it if they like it. Not everyone is going to like what you like, and vise versa.

Also

Fuck you, OP for making another shit bait thread That i fell for Shitting this board up.

Would things be better if there was only the 2 and upcomming 3rd mainline games?

These are probably the same people that got pissed off about his opinion on Sonic Adventure 2.

Yes. KH is super dumb. That's why it's great. It takes itself just seriously enough to get hella retarded in fun and inventive ways. It's like a Sam Raimi movie.

Yeah and he thinks Bioshock Infinite is a masterpiece. Fuck off with this e-celeb bullshit.

Lots of KH threads recently.
around 3 within the same hour

Probably. Most people get turned off of KH because every game is on a different platform and missing just one fucks up the whole storyline.

Yeah, Kingdom Hearts is dumb. But it's still a fun series that lots of people enjoy.

And that's exactly why the remasters are being made yet everyone is bitching about that too.

He's a contrarian incapable of forming coherent or original thoughts.

Bad taste

>projared given copy of game by microsoft studios to promote it
>he shits all over them
what a legend
youtube.com/watch?v=2tGwvfHLdX8

It's the best dumb thing ever. Also when played on higher difficulties it has actual gameplay which immediately places it above Final "attack-attack-magic attack-heal-attack-attack-magic attack-heal-attack-attack-magic attack-heal" Fantasy.

This just in.

RPGS are dumb.

Reminder that ProJared thought the worst part of Ride to Hell: Retribution was how the sex scenes offended him.

Not literally all the shit that made the game ass, the doofy looking sex scenes.

His opinion on KH is worthless. He didn't even know that was Eraqus and Young Xehanort playing chess in the E3 2015 trailer. Of course the shit won't make sense to him.

Maybe you just have shit taste.

Bump

No. KH is 10x better than whatever FF is shooting for.

Yes, Kingdom Hearts is fucking retarded and I cannot fathom how it ever became so popular

Projared is the same guy that gave Metal Gear Rising a 4/10. He's fucking retarded.

Action RPG > turn-based garbage

ProJared is a tumblrina and a D-tier youtuber but Kingdom Hearts really is shit.

I can understand disliking II on, but the first game had a fair amount of depth and as the first entry in a series it was pretty magical. Great music, nice locations, cool characters. Bit too much running around and too little character screen time, but still fun.

youtu.be/FJnd_TP1W0k

>HotTopic03: "Now I can become one....with darkness..."
>Mickey Mouse: "Huha! Are you okay?"

I knew the original Kingdom Hearts was autistic weebshit when I was 10, how grown adults get enraptured by it is beyond me.

FF is pretty bad, but KH is an actual fucking abortion.

If other people having fun perplexes you,that's probably a personal problem.

He is kinda right though. They're unskippable scenes that only serve to try and sell the game with sex, but they couldn't even do that right.

Most grown adults who like it were children when the series first started

Looks like the mods stopped caring again.

Wrong
People who've never played a game then go straight to KH will never shut up that you're using a giant key for a weapon next to Disney characters.

Nostalgia. It helps if you grew up with it.
The cheesiness has a certain charm to it. Like Star Wars.
The gameplay is fun and CCCUHRAZY
Charismatic Disney characters.
The music and art direction is god tier.

Kingdom hearts doesn't make any sense. Japanese BS over complicated that game.

That's bullshit, mate. People who don't play video games or don't have experience with JRPGs look at Kingdom Hearts like it has two heads and a tail.

>substance
It's a JRPG.

I swear you guys act like video games isn't a low brow art form to begin with.

actual original setting and characters > a fucking clusterfuck of 90 year old Disney characters and Final Fantasy

How many games of the series have you played, user? Just an experiment.

The only reason I ever played Kingdom Hearts or even cared about Kingdom Hearts 2 was over the story.

As an adult I recognize the story is an over written mess Final Fantasy Disney trash.

Despite all that thought I want to know what happens.

Still better than XV's edgy boy band cast

>edgy
Watch the buzzwords, user. It immediately makes me want to discard any argument you have.

actually fun gameplay > boring warp one button qte shit

Its the exact same mindset that people get into when they play FF games. They both are absolute cringe fests.

>caused much butthurt among Metal Gear fags and KH autists

Truly the most based man on youtube.

don't forget he said "I was either going to give it a 4 or a 6, but I wasn't sure which one to give it so I gave it a 4" like oh my fucking god. It's as though there isn't a number between those two.

KH is dumb, but fun as fuck.

As a fan of the series since the first game, the story is indeed dumb as fuck and gets worse with each new game.

That being said I'm much more hyped for KH3 than I am for Advent Children: The Game: Extra Retcons and Flanderization Edition: Episode 1

Rising is far from a perfect game though. The controls and camera were absolute horseshit (why do I have to press 3 buttons to dodge?) the stealth was unbelievably half-assed and the story makes MGS4 look like a masterpiece.

ye

Kingdom Hearts is a series that you had to have gotten into when you were a kid so that you could look past all of the shitty stuff and just focus on the fun of it all. And now that you're an adult, you can look back on your time with the game as a kid, and what the characters were to you back then, and so still get enjoyment from that with new installments.

Anyone who starts this series when they're older than 18 and actually gets into it is probably autistic or just a bandwagonner weeb faggot who likes any Japanese thing that's popular.

It's all about having context.
I grew up with the series and just associate it with a certain fun and warmth I've found within video games. I can completely understand someone who is older, even a fan of weeb shit, glancing at the game and thinking "this is the most autistic fucking game."

The story is a complete fucking mess though. I'm excited to see how that train wreck ends.

>he couldn't beat Blade Wolf

Cuhrayzee is not flashy animations. Do not use it as such

Anyone who still plays videogames when they're older than 18 is an autist. No exceptions

You would think he would understand this after his defense of Sonic Adventure.

This is such a shitty excuse. I enjoyed pokemon as a child, it wasn't a difficult game but collecting them was fun. Then I grew the fuck up.

While I remember the games fondly, I have no desire to play them or the latest installments in the series, because the gameplay is utterly braindead and the stories are written for children.

It's fine to have nostalgia, but holy fuck, have some self-respect.

>Cuhrayzee is not flashy animations
Yes, and? KH2 FM+ legitimately has amazing mechanics on-par with the action greats and some of the best boss battles of all time. I'd go so far as to say Lingering Will is the best boss fight in Action history, even.

But what if someone still finds the games fun?

Then you must have the mental age of a toddler, and I feel immensely sorry for you. There are hundreds of games with good stories you could be playing, but you're stuck in a masturbatory fantasy because it has fucking Disney characters.

Yes, Kingdom Hearts is dumb, but the FFVII remake looks fucking dreadful

yes

>Playing games for story

If you're playing KH for the gameplay, you're even dumber than a toddler.

How so?

No doubt kingdom hearts is dumb. What I liked about the game is the fact there was disney characters and Final Fantasy characters done in ps2 graphics. The story was... well.... fuck... by ending the first game on a cliff hanger... which i understand is a marketing gimmick within itself... it turned me off from the rest of the game series because I had no interest in playing more then one of these fucking stupid games. I still enjoyed the Ice Titan and Sephiroth fight though.

its extremely entry level. it's fucking disney, you retard

2(Final Mix) is worth playing, it has an even better Sephiroth fight. Everything else is bad

ehhhh I will pass. one KH game is more then enough. No reason to sink more time into a lack luster series.

>you have to stop enjoying things you honestly enjoy if you're too old for them

Shut the fuck up. You're like one of them faggots who would ride people for playing Pokemon but then go ahead and ride the Go bandwangon because everyone else did.

>muh story

You should stop playing games and stick with interactive experiences like Last of Us. You will never appreciate great gameplay or bossfights.

youtube.com/watch?v=HM-TloyZ3aY

but Kingom Hearts IS dumb, user-kun.

Also the moment Square lost itself to real time shit.

The only good things about kingdom hearts are the music and gameplay. If you think literally anything else, you are wrong.

>going on a grand adventure to different disney worlds with donald and goofy fighting disney villains alongside disney heroes

Yeah, it sound really unappealing, does it? It's a great mystery why so many kids loved this and still look back on it fondly.

>kids
there.

And it doesn't meet the criteria, please stop.

>disney

You think Kingdom Hearts was meant for anyone but kids?

You sound like your typical boring moron obsessed with "maturity".
If someone gives up something you truly love just because they feel makes them less of an adult, then that's truly sad thing and I hate people like you that tries to tell people otherwise or make them feel like they're something wrong with them.

Does Cred Forums like ProJared?

He seems like a safer, milquetoast Spoony.

Bring up his Revengeance review and everyone will stop defending him.

Yes, but dumb can be really fun and entertaining.

No. He's shit. Just like every other e-celeb attention whore.

This. I'm okay with him and like some of his stuff but things like OP, the Rising review, and the Bioshock Infinite review always make me question it.

>spouting nonsense when he probably hasn't played 1 or 2FM
They're serviceable action rpgs. Just avoid the osaka games.

I just play it for the Disney cameos.

Nobody is more insecure about their social status than teenagers. Adults have more important things to worry about and more practical scales by which to measure themselves and others than petty social games over shit that means nothing. Maybe it's time you mentally moved past 7th grade.

should help you pull your head out of your ass.

I'd ride people for playing Pokemon in the same way I'd laugh at someone for watching MLP or other children's shit. Go was even worse, but the kinds of people who play phone games are already worse than dogshit so it hardly makes a difference.

It's nothing to do with "maturity", and more to do with the fact your brain should really be rejecting simplistic stories and gameplay for babies. There's something fucking wrong with you, you pathetic manchild.

They're trash. I had to play a few parts of the first one for my sister because she didn't grind hard enough to beat the bosses or whatever, and it was an absolutely awful experience on every level.

>gameplay for babies.

Why is the KH gameplay for babies?

Do you know how many would think of you a manchild wasting his time playing video games in the first place, no matter how GROWN UP they are? You don't care, do you?

Who gives a shit about incorrect assumptions? It's basic fact that KH is for children.

If you're entertained by such simplistic garbage, you're a manchild. Note that plenty of normies are manchildren. Anyone who goes to see the latest capeshit movie in the theatre is either a braindead bandwagoner who does what the TV box tells them, or a manchild.

Your form of childish infantilism isn't even "protected" by the bubble of "other people like it, so it's okay!" though. Now put on your Finding Dory onesie, go watch Spongebob, and get to bed early, you've got a big day ahead of you tomorrow.

It's one thing to watch the odd nostalgic disney movie as a guilty pleasure, it's quite another to play a series that wastes hundreds of hours of your time with fanfiction of those characters.

>muh /cgg/ wiki criteria
And you people call KH-fans autistic.

Jesus Christ this thread is full of wimpering autists. this Jared guy is a fucking unfunny idiot who makes shitty top tens about bees. Plus, fuck you, I want to play my games where I beat up factory produced weirdos

i like kingdom hearts but Jared is right. for once.

only teenagers are obsessed with prooving they are "adults" all the time though, I play kingdom hearts in my spare time because I grew up on anime and disney movies as a kid so it feels nostalgic to me, and it's mindless enough that I don't have to think too hard about it even while playing at the highest difficulty. It's relaxing to me, you shouldn't be showing off playing videogames to people anyway, regardless of what you will hear on Cred Forums there are no actual "adult videogames", everything is meant for teenagers. Just enjoy whatever the fuck you enjoy instead of being so worried about looking cool

I never played a kingdom hearts game. Did I miss out Cred Forums?

It is dumb, that doesn't mean it's bad.

The better games in the series have excellent combat and music.

Depends. I think the levels have great, faithful art design, the fights can be thrilling

First post is always right

>Who gives a shit about incorrect assumptions?

Like you assuming anyone who likes KH are mentally children and is impossible for them to be normal self respecting adults who pay their bills and taxes like everyone else?

>KH is for children
And plenty of stuff for children has general appeal outside of their target demographic as been proven countless times.

>simplistic garbage
We're talking about video games here, not discussing Finnegans Wake. Get off your high horse.

also
>normies
You might be one yourself.

I used to be enraptured by KH as a child. As a young adult, I hated it for being too childish, naive, cheesy, and just needlessly convoluted, but as I grew older, I learnt to appreciate the cheese and naivete. By the end of 3D, I just wanted to slap Nomura in the face though.

Like, nigga, you don't need all that time travel bullshit. Just have Sora and the crew gather some shit and fight Xehanort and the remaining XIII crew or the revived hearless/nobodies. Boom. Done. None of these fucking weird-ass time travel shit.

>anyone who likes KH are mentally children and is impossible for them to be normal self respecting adults
This is an objective fact.

>gameplay for babies
Let's see you complete KH2 FM on Lv 1 Critical mode, you retarded shitposter.

projared looks like a mutant clone of spoony

Buuuuuuump

youtube.com/watch?v=SD4v6wlozX0

I like his Yugioh shit.
It's fucking awful but it's also undeniably Yugioh.

I enjoyed the level design in the first game
The story hadn't gone full retard at that point
Combat was aight, and I enjoyed the boss battles
Cramming Disney and FF together was such a bizarre concept that I picked it up on a whim and found myself pleasantly surprised

>Cred Forumsirgins lecturing other Cred Forumsirgins on what makes a manchild
This is rich

i think the only objective fact we have to work with is you're a fucking faggot.

But he's right.
Nomura spends 10 years working on a game to just give it up to someone else who ruins it with product placement and can't even fucking release it on time without wasting a publicity event for the release date.

It's not smart if that's what he means.
It's nostalgia the game, nothing more. Or at least it should be. Only played the first.

youtube.com/watch?v=HIe6qn4JZrw
How anyone can honestly say otherwise when Kingdom Hearts has this is lying to themselves or autistic.

yes

Would have been better as some fan servicey stupid disneyxfinalfantasy instead of disneyxSquareEnixDonutSteels with a totally straight faced story about nobody's and the organization and reincarnation and shit

DDD is fucking nuts and no one really understood what was going on.

But KH2FM had some very enjoyable and challenging battles.

What did he even say? Cancel Kingdom Hearts and have Nomura work on FF7 exclusively?

That's fucking dumb.

KH2FM is one of the most challenging, fun, deep, and well made games ever created and honestly should be the standard that any action rpg is held up to

I don't like this guy but he has a point.

The combat system is dumb.
Most disney stuff is better left alone, these games don't have the charm.
The music is trash mostly.
The animations and art style are both pretty silly. It's like they tried to mix things up with Disney but they failed catastrophically.
Most of the younger characters come off as really gay.
The voice acting is really dumb in the first game.
The story is a fucking nonsensical rollercoaster.

And the fanbase. What a waste of good oxygen.

>The combat system is dumb.
>The music is trash mostly.

No

This 2bh

wow almost every point you said is wrong, good going retard

I am generally curious as to what other action games you two like that aren't "mash X to win"

I know you're just here to troll and shitpost but aside from the obvious choices like DMC and Bayonetta, what action games do you think are better than KH2FM?

Yes. Kingdom Hearts is the gayest shit in video games. If you play it and you aren't a 5 year old girl then you should feel very bad about your life choices.

KH has some of the best OST's in video games, and KH2:FM has, by far, the best combat system in an ARPG, as well as a fantastic set of bosses and one of the most expansive postgames I've seen in the genre

The story and plot are kind of silly. If that's too much of a deal breaker given everything else, then I dunno

Literally the only good KH game is 358 days/2, so yeah, he's pretty spot-on.

What are your favorite songs from the series, Cred Forums?

Personal favorite non-boss theme

youtube.com/watch?v=6ODAH1gBqyE

>358/2 days
>good
This is some high quality bait
Birth by Sleep is shit and doesn't deserve the good reputation it has

shut up, user, there will be biters! It's Easy (You)s, I tells ya!

Well, I fell for it despite knowing that it was bait
So I wouldn't be surprised if some other retard replied too

>elder god tier
>CUHRAYZE
I.e. you're underage as fuck. I guess that's a good enough reason to be into KH, which manages to combine all of the worst aspects of childishness AND pretentious convolution.

Jesus, it's true, it really is in there.

Jared is an expert in dumb games. Just look at everything he reviews. Notice how much dumb, shitty material he's consumed throughout his life. He has terrible tastes. But damned if he isn't on point.

>ECELEBS
>AGAIN
FUCK OFF WITH THIS SHIT

>Alliances are forbidden!

I was 12 when the first KH came out and was young enough for it not to feel too cheesy. Even now that I'm 26, the experience I had when I was younger has sort of desensitized me to the weird aesthetic and tonal clash of Disney charm and Square melodrama.

It's just like sentai shows, Power Rangers and such. I never watched them as a kid, and trying to now makes me cringe. I think they're corny and overacted as fuck and can't stand them. But my friends who were really into when they were young? Can still get into them without problems

Just enjoy whatever the fuck you want

Huh. His voices are pretty spot-on

Kingdom Hearts is Dumb

I still love it

ProJared is Retarded

Absolutely
KH is for spergy weeb tweens

>Suddenly everyone hates childish fantasy in a video game board where JRPGs are one of the most discussed and praised genres.

You play Kingdom Hearts for the nostalgia. You get irrational empathy out of this game because you've played it when you were a kid, awed at its over the top combat and are reconnecting with characters you developed feelings towards a long time ago.
It is basically like playing the original Pokemon and Final Fantasy 7 nowadays. These games are really hard to enjoy IF you have no patience and the nostalgia factor does not apply.
These are called guilty pleasures and they sell.

Have you played these games in the past? Did you like them at that time?
If you answered no to these questions you probably won't like them now and are probably not their target audience.

>Just looking at them purely as video games without even paying attention to the setting, premise, or characters?
That is the only correct mindset, but its gameplay is trash anyway.

Fuck off Erzie

Which video was this from?

I don't mind KH but they jew the shit out of the series.
Until the 'hd re-releases' you had to own a gba, ds, 3ds, psp, and ps2 to get the full story.
The could have fit every single game released thus far onto one blu-ray disc easily, but jewed people by doing THREE releases to get everything.
At fucking most it should have been two. A $60 release that included everything but DDD, then 2.8 with what's on that for $40

>grew up with Naruto
aiyyo what the fuck

>KH1
Good for nostalgia trip. I actually like Sephiroth fight in this game. Good shit.

>KH:CoM
The best game on the GBA. Card based battle system is really fucking fun.

>KH2
Better than 1 in every way. Gameplay is solid. Final Mix added shit ton of new bosses which are extremely fun.

>KH:BbS
Why do people like this again? Only good thing was Terra vs Xehanort.

>KH: Days
I actually enjoyed the story. Fight me

>Coded and DDD
Garbage

He's right, whomever the fuck he is

>Why do people like this again? Only good thing was Terra vs Xehanort.
Gameplay was a solid 8/10, secret bosses are top tier
>Coded
>Garbage
That I can agree with
>DDD
>Garbage
Sure, DDD's story is poorly written, but damn flowmotion is actually fun ?

>because it has fucking Disney characters.

Why do people hate Disney characters?