Can video games make you a violent person, Cred Forums?

Can video games make you a violent person, Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FYoHWFoE9Q4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No.

what about that german kid

no don't make shit threads when you can google

germans are naturally angry and hate filled

point taken

I want to hear it straight from the source, not some midlife woman writing for CNN

If you're autistic then yeah

OP said 'person'

Can video games do THIS?

FUCK OFF

This looks like my average EU4 game.

Videogames can't trigger anything in you that wasn't already there to begin with.

If videogames make you want to commit violence, you were already a fucked up person before videogames, it was just latent.

Can video games do THIS?

It's almost definitely a contributing factor.

The real question is whether or not it is one to worry about and the answer to that is it's most likely not.

you're mental, play a record

>not wanting to be a techno soldier
What's your excuse, Cred Forums?

Based on psychological studies they can very much make you more prone to violence. In the short term though. It has been shown that after viewing or partaking in generally violent activities you can be more prone to make more aggressive decisions and take more physical actions. The same can be seen with individuals who watch violent television, watch violent movies, listen to music that either talks about violence or gets adrenaline pumping, read about violent scenarios, and many other activities. Hell, it has been shown that holding a warm drink in one's hand can be correlated to more direct, blunt, and aggressive decision-making during meetings.

But after a few minutes these tendencies seem to die out as the various levels of adrenaline and other chemicals return to normal levels. So far there have been very few studies that could even remotely connect long-term violent behavior to video games. And those that do, use questionable longitudinal methods of research that don't take into consideration other factors like various other hobbies or simply what a baseline level of violence would be considered.

So overall the answer seems to be no. Video games and generally aggressive hobbies/media can make you more prone to aggressive behavior, but only for a short period of time. But making you into a violent person in general? No. It might desensitize you, but going online and hearing about the various massacres and shootings in the news will also do that to an extent.

Fuck is even happening here?
>guy runs past us, better shoot him!
>pickup out of nowhere careers off the road
>this other car's on fire now I guess
>chopper does a flyby just for show
???

youtube.com/watch?v=FYoHWFoE9Q4
Business as usual.

Which third world hell is this?

I sure can "do" that.

the land of white men with FALs and shorts

>blah blah blah

Fuck off, faggot we're not here to actually discuss the topic.

Lol didnt read

>Syyth Afreca
It's just like my Phantom Pains!