Post the very first game you ever played

Post the very first game you ever played.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QPURasK8EPg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i first played donald duck on playstation 8
very good game!!!

Go easy on me, it was 1972.

>tfw your 10yo christmas present was someone's first vidya

It was the only game my Dad had on the Gameboy.

Played it with my grandpa
He was legit at video games

Use to sit on my moms lap and press shoot while she would move and aim. I was about 3 or 4 at the time

How the fuck am I supposed to remember that?

Got it with the SNES for my birthday in 1992.

Came to post something along the lines of this.

Has anyone ever made a mod/patch where when you get a star, the game doesn't boot you back all the way to the castle? It's fucking annoying.

It's fucking annoying that some ADHD fags like you keep constantly nitpicking about that kind of stupid things.

Either this, SMB3, or Tetris (NES)

Not everyone is a patientfag like you.

It's so weird for me now to think back at a time where I had no ideas about JRPG gameplay tropes, like random battles or grinding monsters for experience and money. Shit like that is so obvious to gamers today but back when I first played this 25+ years ago everything was so new and unknown. I remember dying to the first random encounter outside the cuty walls hich led me to believe I needed to get the better sword in the shop except I had no money for such a thing and I spent days trying to figure out how to get money. I eventually dared to go outside again and this time encounter an easier enemy which I managed to kill and I became overjoyed when I found out you got money for killing monsters. I wish games still made me feel things.

this

>patientfag
now that's original!
what's next? being fatally overweight is OK too?

Are you me?

This fuck yall.

I ask my mother and she says it was probably super mario 3 or so.

youtube.com/watch?v=QPURasK8EPg

This shit. For some reason it terrified me as a kid.

Whole lotta Mario's in this thread

im this old

I can't exactly remember the first, but it was a Dreamcast game.

why are you posting this sellout faggot?

Are there any modern games where I can run around killing injuns?

Either Doom Troopers or Sanic, I can't fucking remember.

Ok it was really my big bro who played it since I wasn't allowed to play such a violent game (still allowed to watch it for some reason), but I would take the controller and run around every time he took a bathroom break and then as soon as I heard the toilet flush I would rush back and try to position the game character back in the same spot.

Such a great game. I only played this just recently on the Wii and had a similar experience. The grinding at the beginning makes you feel like someone inexperienced growing stronger, and you don't really have to grind at all after getting to a certain point where you feel capable and dare to journey more than the right outside the city walls.
Also the dungeon where you need to find Lutz kicked my ass, I couldn't find my way out for a long time.

How fucking old are you?

Still have my copy complete in box. Have PS II, III and IV CIB too from my childhood. A fucking awesome series, honestly.

no regrets. Still have the cart with me, but the internal battery died

I love Mario. If Mario was a girl, I'd marry him and hold hands with him every day.

Pic related at age 3 (1994). Remember it vividly but I have unusually good memory. Been playing video games daily my entire life.

>internal battery died

Just replace it. Did that to my copy and some other games that relied on a battery.

First game I played was Doom. First game I owned was Super mario land

My first too. I always had a love/hate relationship with it, though.

I havent played my GBC in months

I should though

This is the earliest I remember anyway.

wtf was this game even called?

this is the earliest vidya i can remember

Does anyone remember THIS gem?

I've literally been playing vidya since I was in diapers so I honestly don't remember. Most likely something for the Amiga 500. The first game I remember owning was Donkey Kong Land at age 5.

Pretty good game user.

Pokemon red

Get on my level, scrubs.

L-Lewd!

probably one of the ps1 demo discs
one with parappa and tomb raider

I remember playing a game on the OG Game Boy (the white brick) that sorta looks like this. Anyone have any idea what it might be? I remember you control what looks like a knight, and walk around and get random encounters with animals and monsters. It was B&W since it came out before the GBC

you're meant to find new ways to get through the stage each time. it's a minor inconvenience once you get good enough but your first time it's fun figuring out the optimal path

Mechassault

I got into vidya quite late

You are small-time.

It's either this or Super Mario Land.

Actually, can someone help me with this?
I can't remember the title, but it was a game where you picked three(?) different characters, one was a barbarian, one a huntress, and I think a wizard.
You had to go save some people from an evil sorcerer and it played a bit like golden axe

>doom

Not my first but I distinctly remember my dad talking about it and seeing it eventually. I've posted it before but

>dad comes home one day after work, etc.
>tells me one of his coworkers had a game called 'Doom'
>he's nerding out "It's 3D and you kill demons! There's a chainsaw too!"
>eventually play it despite mom being a bit pissed about it being so violent

I sent a text to my dad when D44M came out with a picture of the chainsaw. "New DOOM. Still has that chainsaw!" His only response was "Hell yea"

Some pinball or another on DOS

SSSSSSssss....

Get off my lawn you little shits.

Jaws on the nes
Only for a bit though.
The shark would scare the shit out of me

your dad seems pretty cool

It was either pokemon red on dat original red brick gameboy, super mario bros on NES, or one of the many DOS games I had on PC

Haha, cool.

Probably the most laid-back guy I know. Getting scared though since he's getting very old now.

Anyone else?
i got when i was 3.

I'm surprised no one has posted Duck Hunt yet. I'm pretty sure this is the first NES game I played.

My parents barely understand video games, but they understood enough to get me a GBA way back then. I'll always be grateful for that.

My dad used to put me on his shoulders and have me direct him to turn and shoot.

My first as well, and I was pretty shit at it

...I played this at mcdonalds ...

>Its either this or sonic riders (GC)

I'm feeling really fucking old right now.

even my mom got hooked

This and/or

First video game was the original Donkey Kong Country. Pic unrelated.

u think u hrad bro u aint sht

>either a 2000 game or a 2006 game
wat

I totally remember playing this but cant think of the name either

I'm 21 and it's weird as fuck seeing people bring these games up as nostalgia or post that it was their first game.

This glorious game.

Sonic 1 back in 94. I can still remember it vividly despite being only 4 at the time.

The world 1-1 song makese tear up because it reminds me of a time when my family was together

fpbp

This, alongside Rocket Knight Adventures

Don't judge me

He said McDonald's
They didn't start useing N64's for there play areas until way into the Gamecubes life span
I remember playing the N64 Dr. Mario at a McDonald's once

PENALTY!

My dad got this, Link to the Past, Star Fox, Rock n' Roll Racing, and Imperium at a yard sale. I'll never forget moving Mario on screen with a controller for the first time, magical

I was 6 when it came out

Pacman in 1984

>buy this game with cash from first job in 2001
>little sweet note with the end of the Dreamcast

Feels weird to be nostalgic but that was a fun summer. Got to hang out with my best bro before he moved and fuck around with chaos in SA2. Loved the Dreamcast.

Just looking at the box is giving me a fuzzy feeling.

dem 5.25 floppies
I still remember being so intimidated by computers back then.

>all of those fun educational games in computer lab
>teacher let us play Oregon Trail some days just to see how far we'd get

Same teacher copied some games to floppies just so I could play them at home. Absolute bro-tier.

YOU GAD DANG KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN

Holy crap I thought I was the only person who remembered that game, though it was not my first. That belongs to Hogan's Alley in the arcade.

Might be tetris

Hello fellow oldfag :^)

This depresses me.

>mfw people this young exist

Whoops meant for

Boulderdash clone with, like, 500 levels.

Really fun, super addictive.

Wasn't this game impossible?

Mario 64 came out in 1996 user.

Who doesn't?

I was born in 1989 and my first games were NES games.

Same for me

Doom

Pong. Because I was a kid in the 70s.

Seriously.

I still play it sometimes.

Welcome to getting old.

1987 baby here.

Remember to take your meds grandpa

Pong

Nope.

It was extremely difficult, but not impossible. Some of the puzzles required a surprising amount of reflexes considering the type of game it was, other levels required an awareness of every move you needed to make so you couldn't make one misstep.

Maybe the original was impossible? I've completed all levels on a freeware version but maybe that's different from the Commodore 64 one? I dunno, I was four when we played it on the Commodore 64 but I do remember my dad and brother finishing all the levels.

Oh, I do. I only have one.

Good times.

Either tetris, castlevania, zelda, mario or final fantasy. We had them all, no way of knowing what I played first, I was really really young.

the first game i remember playing, anyway

First one I can recall playing besides maybe centipede

I always loved the music was my favourite part

I AM THE EGGMAN

It was either tumblepop or mario bros on the atari