Can we all take a second to talk about how this glorious show never got a good vidya adaption? '03 version obviously...

Can we all take a second to talk about how this glorious show never got a good vidya adaption? '03 version obviously, not brothershit.

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=full metal alchemest video game
youtube.com/watch?v=zdEm7-mIdP0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Anime games

Kill yourself

user, the PS2 games were the exact same quality as Nazi Germany FMA.

>'03 version obviously, not brothershit.
bait thread

fuck you

I think '03 is better and I want to play some good vidya like it. Sue me.

I remember playing one of the PS2 games when FMA was big in the U.S. It was before I knew that games could be "bad" and just thought I was missing something. Looking back.. Ya it was bad.

One of the greatest OVAs of all time

>mfw it comes up and someone says it was TOO dramatic

Brotherhood was better. Story was better but 03 had better tone

if you like mindless violence, then yes, the old version was better. If you like story, then Brotherhood was miles better.

>Smug anime reaction image
>flaming the '03 v Brotherhood debate
> calling it Brothershit

Like the old show all you want, it still doesn't change the fact that you're trying to start a thread by inciting an argument.

Brotherhood went full retard in the final arc

The epilogue was great though

I should just watch both animes right

Yeah. I enjoyed brotherhood more but the 03 version is still pretty good

IIRC the DS game was pretty cool.

It was a beat em up with like 3 or 4 levels of alchemist attacks.
You could also play as a lot of characters, really good game.

Maybe. I'd say 03 has the stronger opening but Brotherhood has the benefit of being the real story, but it rushes around as it assumes you've seen 03.

Actually...just read the manga

They are both great for their own reasons. I love both of them and would recommend watching both.

03 has the better introduction, they spend a bit more time establishing characters. However after the first 15-20 episodes brotherhood turns it around and is the far better version

Just watch both, they're very good

I know it's the "cool" thing to do to hate Platinum now, but I think their Bayo 2 team could make a bretty gud FMA game.

I love Wrath. Is the moment when he tries to body kick Ed, and Al shoves him out of the way and takes the blow the coolest moment in all anime or the coolest moment in all anime?

I like how scary it is when he confronts Ed in the sewers again. You really think he's gonna rip his limbs off. Then when they fight in the village or whatever and Lust kills him. And the ammunition warehouse. And finally the end.

He stole the show in every scene he was in. Manga didn't have Wrath so it was automatically worse by default. Sorry I had to go there Brotherbros, but your Homunculi just sucked.

>'03
Holy hell it doesn't feel like it's been that long.

03 got really fucking depressing towards the end. Like, Genocyber-level depressing.

>Manga didn't have Wrath
King Bradley was Wrath in the manga.

yea, I liked how 03 handled its Homonculi better than Brotherhood. They felt more like actual characters than just some Cobra Unit tier goon squad.

Clear exceptions being Pride and Greed, literally the best.

I know. That's why it was awful. He had nothing to do with Wrath. I mean he was the freaking President fro crying out loud.

>Pride
er I mean Wrath, whoever KB was

The coolest moment in anime is when Sasuke kills Itachi and Itachi just does the forehead tap

lmgtfy.com/?q=full metal alchemest video game

I think Bradley made a better Pride than a Wrath anyway

I liked the '03 version more too. Brotherhood had way more anime troopes and the darker tone on ยด03 felt more interesting.

He was Pride...
-_-

And he was the best Homunculus of all of them imo. I thought you were correcting your mistake but I guess not.

>not Yusuke vs Hiei rematch

What do you mean user? It was only
>a decade and 3 years ago

>Whiny protagonist who is full of himself and thinks he's hot shit
>Is a complete asshole to his adorable brother and is responsible for turning him into a robot

Fucking garbage anime. Having a video game wouldn't fix that.

>03 better than Brotherhood

Yes, getting only about 1/4th the original plot with butchered story and plot holes out the ass is much better than a proper adaptation.

>Brotherhood
>King Bradley is literally Big Boss

Which was the better shota: Wrath or Pride?

You can at least pretend you actually watched an episode/read a chapter

I hated brotherhood because of the really terrible japanese humor every ten minutes. I couldn't take it seriously.

Aw, no games for generic shounentrash #3702?

Nope, we get a million bald soldiers and movie games instead

This. Also '03 had the coolest opening.

Same, Brotherhood would have been a masterpiece if it took itself more seriously and had more dark themes.

Manga had gag panels as well. It's supposed to be comic relief.

Was I the only guy who enjoyed the PS2 games?

The problem was that it was BAD comic relief. The 2003 version cut that shit out less than halfway through and it benefited tremendously from that decision.

Brotherhood>03

YOU ARE REALIZING THAT DANTE EXTORTED BRADLEY INTO BECOMING FURER BY BLACKMAILING HIM WITH HIS REMAINS, AND THAT SHE LATER GAVE IT TO HIM KNOWING HE COULDN'T DESTROY HIS ONLY IT BECAUSE HE WAS TOO PRIDEFUL.

*only weakness I meant

Why the fuck did they do this, I was halfway through one of the series (I have no clue which one) and then I find out that there are fucking two telling the same stories and the neck beard weebs cant figure out which one is better so I dropped it all together.

Should I just continue watchign the one I was watching? I think it was the older one...

I wonder how one would take being the son of an immortal.

watch both

Just watch the 03 version then watch brotherhood. They're both good, and different enough that watching one isn't a huge spoiler for the other

Watch both. Brotherhood's first episodes are extremely accelerated, because they assumed everyone watched the first series.

Worse:
Sloth
Lust
Scar

Better:
Everyone else

The ending of Brotherhood episode 26 is one of the best things I've seen to this day. I like '03 but Brotherhood had more awesome moments.

ED 2 is also a good song by itself.
youtube.com/watch?v=zdEm7-mIdP0

>Genocyber

Actually forgot about that, there was no long-term positivity in the entire fucking thing.

brotherhood follows the manga

03 version starts making up new shit once it caught up to the manga.

up to you

Why not watch both? Brotherhood rushes past a grip of story that the 03 anime covers in depth

HE SPEAKS TRUTH

pic related is good

Combat was a little too slow for me.

I wonder how one would take being a manlet with a tall and handsome younger brother.

I mean look at this fucking jaw you could cut an avocado on it.

>Implying op is a fmafag.
>Calling 03 better than Brotherhood.
>Brotherhood is the Manga animated.

Open you really outdone yourself. I'd say original is better handed in the progression department but then Brotherhood is fma and the action is based.

Personal choices aside Brotherhood had some amazing moments, Wrath & Pride and the superior Olivier Miramar Armstrong.

And Hughes should have lived more.

I swear if Al never got Tin-Mann'd then he would've won the Winry bowl

Chinese loli's not bad

Best girl was reserved for Mustang, anyway

>Best girl was reserved for Mustang, anyway

rip in pieces

I liked brotherhoods intro songs way better.

Ed - Peyton List
Al - (anyone, but Same guy who voices him has to do the voice.)
Lust - Danielle Panabaker
Gluttony - Adam Sandler with head shaved (think bodysuit from Click)
Envy - Jesse Eisenburg
Wrath - Chandler Riggs
Sloth - Alexandra Breckenrieg
Greed - Max Landis
Pride - Idris Elba

Hoenheim - Leonardo DiCaprio
Dante/Lyra - Allison Brie
Izumi - Uma Thurman
Mustang - Charlie Cox
Riza - Rachel Taylor

>implying brotherhood wasn't superior

*ashes

>Pride
>Idris Elba

He's a good actor but its in ALTERNATE GERMANY

Mustang incinerating Lust was probably my favorite scene in Brotherhood

Knowing Hollywood, they would probably cast Lust as leslie jones.

>Making a movie about the fanfiction instead of the actual story
Sasuga

So, did Al ever have any sensation when he was bonded to the armor? Like, whenever he got hit, he would always grunt.

always wanted to see this after the live action death note movie

>He's a good actor but its in ALTERNATE GERMANY

that's the meme kid try to keep up :)

Yeah they were pretty inconsistent on that because he'd constantly bitch about not being able to feel or taste anything but always grunt in pain or exertion

They did it because the original 03' anime started before the end of the manga. So it follows the basic plot especially at the start but then it outpaced the manga so they needed a different way to take the plot. Brotherhood came out well after the manga had finished and follows the manga plotline but skimps on areas that 03 covered.

Watch 03 then read the manga. There's no point watching Brotherhood unless you can't handle manga.

>'03 version obviously, not brothershi

What?

eh