Etrian Odyssey

Fucking when Atlus?

looks gay

They don't want to localize the voice effects so they'd rather not bring it over at all.

ok

They're gonna get 4 people to do all the voices anyway

Any day now

This is your tank for tonight

>yfw they localize it with all voices removed

Do undubs exist for 3DS games yet? I know the system's been hacked

Yes, so no worries about the japanese voices.

Even then, I'm one of the few who is actually looking forward to english dub.

I don't really mind an English dub, but I tried out EOV in Japanese for a bit and the varied Japanese voices are nice

Yes, in fact i dumped my save from the EOU2 cartridge just to replay it on the ubdubbed cia

But how can she tank if she's just a little girl

>Teach
>little

I played the undub of Fire Emblem Fates a little while ago. It sucks that the whole thing isn't voiced so I can ignore the shitty translation.

She better have rear guard if she knows what's good for her

No one gives a shit about EO anymore. Didn't even outsell 4 in Japan

>Literally best selling EO in Japan
>It's supposed to be great
>And this is coming from the butthurt fans that are still pissed off from Untold

God damn, Atlus, bring it over already.

>Literally best selling EO in Japan

So how is it?

Underwhelming

explain?

Within 6 months..

He's an EOP

I love Atlus games, but I hate Atlus USA. The longer I have to put up with their shit, the more frustrated I'm getting with them.

Sure thing

I just hate that Atlus has done nothing but Persona, SMT, and Etrian and hasn't tried any new games or IPs

It's been a volatile market ever since 2008. You should be happy Atlus are even alive.

That's not really entirely true. They've done things like Catherine, Radiant Historia, and Odin Sphere. Admittedly their non Persona/SMT/Etrian games are few and far apart, but they do exist.

This shit I just don't find forgivable though.
>Atlus tax
>No JP voices (despite pricing)
>Meme overload
>Long wait between JP and NA release
Just to name the ones that bug me the most.

So what's wrong with it, then?

Bought it on launch, still only on 17th floor. Hard to find motivation to play more, 3rd stratum was boring as fuck. Maybe the series just isn't for me, it was my first entry into it.

Atlus doesn't make Odin Sphere

Which game?

We already have a bajillion EO's let some other niche rpg have a chance

My bad, thought they were the dev on that one too. Looks like it was Vanillaware as well.

He's talking about localization. Atlus has even done stuff like DT2.

EOV, what else?

Bunnies were a mistake

Read the post above yours.

Nah, the point of origin for the discussion was Atlus made games. Vanillaware was the developer for Odin Sphere.

Though looking again, Atlus was responsible for Trauma Center series as well, so that's another list of non EO/Persona/SMT games under their belt.

They're cute, but they're just humans with bunny ear on them

>they're just humans with bunny ear on them
But the tiddies!

No

What do you not like about it?

Not him but the game is a fucking drag because of how limited the classes are until you get your second name (basically specializing) and after that shit just gets ridiculous

Just seems repetitive to me so far. I haven't had to change up my team (Dragoon/Masurao/Hound/Warlock/Herbalist) at all so far, and every floor is just avoiding FOEs until you get to the next floor and can warp past. There doesn't seem to be much point grinding normally when it's so much more effective to use the Reaper/Masurao skills to do consecutive battle marathon grinding before the stratum boss, so normal random encounters feel like a waste of time.

Like I said it's my first EO, so maybe the series just isn't for me.

>grinding

>semen demons in my EO

People usually don't change their team in EO. The gameplay is usually just exploring, mapping and avoiding FOEs.

Can I make a full shota team?

You only have Reaper, Herbalist, Shaman and Hound to work with.

Undead semen demons are going a bit too far

The game itself is EO4 tier difficulty. two options, normal and easy.
Normal is rather challenging, but the game itself is easy to break again via class combos and such. Even in the demo people were complaining about killing FoEs as you encounter them. Cestus OP as all fuck.
So if you were coming into EO5 and hoping for EOU2 Expert difficulty.. nah.

EOU3 soon

Well, EOU2 was top tier. EOU3 is bound to be better than EOV, but I kind of enjoyed EO4's difficulty too so that's not too disappointing.

Yeah the flip side of that coin was NEEDING game breaking combos in EOU2 to get past story mode. Yeah sure that one top tier japanese strategist neet can probably do all of EOU2 without using cheese tactics but it became unfun very fast around flame demon/scylla.

Fuck cores
Fuck ur-devil

Honestly, if Atlus wanted to continue down that path of evil they would of come up with a turn stop mechanic if you do X damage, forcing you to go through all the phase changes.

>EOU