Deus Ex

Should I play this game, Cred Forums? I ask because I admit, I've been spoiled by modern rpg games and haven't played much of classics like this or Vampire Masquerade

Your appointment to FEMA should be finalized within the week. I've already discussed the matter with the Senator.

I've heard it's a good game, I'm just unsure if it would be to archaic or difficult for someone whose played more modern pc games

anyone?

no, you will just be another one of those faggots who don't get it so don't even bother

>muh sekrit club
Calm your autism

>should i play the only good Deus Ex game
Um, yes.

At least it's not Witcher 3 where liquid diarrhea is served on a plate and autists scream goty.

Ya but it might be difficult to get past, visually.

Of course it's going to feel archaic, but don't let that get in the way of trying it out.

how difficult is it, exactly? I'm pretty bad at games, so is it a case of unforgiving 90's pc gaming?

play VTM first
it's almost unplayable at certain parts like the sewer where you have raise/lower the water level but just use the console if you get stuck
the best thing about that game is breaking the shit out of it

Watch a cutscene synopsis

You can tank hits pretty well on easymode, and if you can remember the maps there's always the option of just running away to a hiding spot/past a loading screen and letting the enemies give up and return to their patrol routes
OR
Just grab a sniper rifle, pump the rifles skill and headshot motherfuckers all day

>cheating in a single player game

It's pretty easy. If you play on realistic enemies will one hit kill you with pistols if they get a headshot, so that's kind of annoying though. The funny thing is the other guns don't get that headshot buff, so the game gets easier as you progress and they start using other guns.
Once you've played for a while it gets super easy no matter what difficulty you're on, since you keep upgrading your skills/augmentations. Nothing can do much to you when you have max bullet resistance/massive regen and can headshot anyone from across the map since you have perfect accuracy even while running full speed.

Don't waste your time

That's a plus, user.

I will fucking shit in your mouth.

That's why it's called the Red Plus, right?

Any mod recommendations?

Go for it senpai

I'm a 20 year old PCuck who used to play shit like Half Life and FEAR and other modern day shooters and you get used to it fairly quickly.

It helps that the enemies are as blind as bats so going with stealth is recommended.

Play it straight for your first time. Experience it as intended by our wise and righteous Lord, God, and Savior, Warren Spector.

After a vanilla run, try GMDX.

The only way in which more recent games could've "spoiled" you playing DX is by training you as a player to have low expectations of a game, to not explore and look for paths and secrets, and not expect reactivity to player choices, which by the way aren't loudly and flashily signposted as you might expect.

DX is an embarrassment of riches for those with the right mindset, but since I've played it countless times over the past decade I have real trouble imagining how you'll enjoy it. I just know you will. Well, the intro has been ruined for you but luckily that's about all.
Savegames breh. Experimentation is encouraged. Also lockpicking.

Unless you are a graphics fag the only real issue with it is the AI being fucking retarded.

yes play it you dumb idiot

I will never understand the "deus ex aged badly" meme

Except for things like the enemy AI, it still holds up better than everything since it came out