I couldn't find the Kirby thread. So Kirby thread

I couldn't find the Kirby thread. So Kirby thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R1lY0Bs9e7A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We had one yesterday. Wait a week.

I'm impatient.

Post your favourite Kirby video game and estimated play time.

Kirby's Epic Yarn 350+ hours

Do we have to have one every day?, they're better in moderation, spamming them will only make them shittier, etc, etc.
What much is there to talk about now anyways?

The thread's been made though so I'll still participate

Kirby threads have already been shit for about 2 or 3 years now. Thank goodness I found a place for Kirby discussion that has old Cred Forums Kirby threads quality.

>Tfw you basically realize Meta Knight and Ridley have the same exact themes
>Both Super Metroid and Super Star where on the SNES, along with DL3 which had a Samus Cameo while you killed Metroids

DEEPEST
FUCKING
LORE

Kirby is a pretty Jolly guy.

I'd say they were pretty good during PR's release. Sadly there isn't much to say until the next title so the best things recently were the cafe and museum threads, plus the ask a thons. Other threads have been rather nice and comfy but honestly they just felt the same and got rather stale. Still feel ok to post in though, and they improved my Kirby image collection quite a bit so despite them being stale and somewhat lower in quality than a eventful thread, it's nice. Would say only one per day though, and if it dies, no more.

Borb.

>museum

A Kirby museum? What?

I haven't heard much from the ask-a-thon.
Anything of huge importance?
Also this.

Japan gets all the cool shit 2.0

special drawing by sakurai

Yes, it had glorious art and exhibits. I don't have the pic but there's a super detailed Halberd with mask details.
I wish I was using my old PC since I have all the ask-a-thons on it, but mostly lore and such, e.g. the Star Dream's computer had been slowly damaging Haltmann's mind, Borb wasn't actually expecting Kirby to devour the Halberd, etc.

One from Kumazaki as well

don't forget extra modes being "what if scenarios", I have the final compiled image I'll post it after museum shit

>We will never get cool shit like Japan

It's not fair, Japan doesn't even like console gaming anymore.

>you will never own a print of this

Why no drawing from Shimomura? Does he not like Kirby anymore?

Super Star. Impossible for me to guess since I played it all the time as a kid. I'm going to estimate that I have at least 400 hours on that one SNES cart alone, not counting the time I spent playing Ultra, the Dream Collection version, or ROMs.

Didn't really care for Robobot, so I'm fine with that.

no details were spared

As with anything regarding Shimomura, no one knows. I know people think the DL2/3/K64 concepts and doodles are his, and while likely I don't think he's been explicitly credited for those so he may not even be an artist with enough confidence to make a peice

Oh yeah, the whole TA and such being an alternate (apparently canon timeline). Also Galacta being able to travel across spacetime, so it brings a link between them I guess.

merch you'll never buy

Galacta's being dragged through space-time by the magic tin cans, I don't think he ever intends to do so himself

OH COME ON. First the Kirby Care and now this? I've been a fan since the fucking Game Boy days and I'll never be able to experience any of it.

woops meant to quote Haven't seen pics of these outside of this promo shot so maybe they weren't in the museum

Ah, well it is his road apparently. Guess he can't control it though. Would suck to be doing shit then all of a sudden some pocketwatch keychain drags you over to your nemesis.
It's ok user, someone already posted it

>merch you'll never buy
Just like this Ribbon plush. :(

>its okay user, someone already posted it
>(you) (you) (you)
Anyways its not his, its just Another Dimension from RtDL, it exists outside of space-time and is the means by which the Lor or Nova/Star Dream do inter-dimensional travel. It seems more like just a natural phenomena, Extra Dimensional Road is just what Star Dream calls it, the scientific name if you will.

There was some concept mural in the art book that was used to pitch DL2, it was in the exact same art style as most of the concept art and game drawings for the Dark Matter trilogy, so I'm guessing he probably drew them. Either him, Shigeru Hashiguchi, or Kenichiro Kita. They were the only designers consistent between all 3 games, with Hashiguchi being chief designer of DL3, and Kita only being a special thanks of DL2. I still assume it's Shimomura's work, we'd need to look into Hashiguchi and Kita's personal drawings before we can say for sure.

What is best Robobot Mode and why is it Wheel?

>download Miitomo for some easy coins to buy WarioWare Touched
>don't give two shits about it aftwards
>they put in Kirby clothes
>I want it all

My devotion to all things poyo unsettles me sometimes.

wut, how much coins

100 for linking to your account, 100 for linking to a twitter account, 1000 for linking to facebook, and 100 for adding a friend in real life instead of through friend requests. Shame WarioWare is gone now.

Ah. Sorry about that.

I thought Galacta could use it when he wanted to as well as the crystal prison using it and Star Dream accessing it. Being Galacta must suck.

>Warioware is dead along with Wario Land

Feels awful man, but at least there's Rhythm Heaven.

Shigeru Hashiguchi is also credited for Smash Bros 64 as a designer, for "Pokemon model confusion design support" whatever that means, which leads me to believe he didn't doodle up all the DMT concept art.
Kenichiro Kita wasn't even credited as a designer of DL2, and his biggest recent claim to fame was redesigning the alternate bomb hat for Fighters Deluxe, so I'm guessing it wasn't him either. That leaves the director, sole creator of Rick, Coo, and Kine, Shinichi Shimomura. (He's also the creator of Dark Matter, but somebody clearly helped him develop the finalized design according to the other drawing in the art book)

Shit they must really want that FB link

>post yfw Robobot 2 is on the NX and its a full 3d action game with gigantic robot bosses

Here's my attempt at a time borb timeline
>gets imprisoned in crystal long ago, remains in Halcandra undisturbed
>RtDL True Arena he awakens from his prison, after his defeat he flies off
>uses Another Dimension to challenge Kirby in SSU's True Arena (he isn't shown in his prison), flies off upon defeat
>Summoned by Star Dream out of his prison in MKR, re-imprisoned by MK and seen going into the portal
>sent to the nearby True Arena universe, as his crystal floats in and challenges Kirby. Flies off upon defeat
>summoned again, this time by Nova in MKU, he appears out of his prison and blows up upon defeat, finally ending his misery

pretty good, but idk about the last one

Anyone feel like if Epic Yarn had the health system from Woolly World and better collectibles that it would improve the experience?

>playing Robobot
>the robot is fucking awesome
>you don't even use it to fight bosses

Robobot was a fucking 9/10 but that is hands down the most glaring omission. And no, Clanky Woods and Halberd don't count. I wanted legit mech fights.

Nah, the threat of losing your beads was enough challenge.

Really enjoying Robobot at the moment. Going through area 4. Area 2 abest.
>tfw doing 2-2 with Outer Rings from Epic Yarn playing
Magical

I feel like they should have done a cross over. So many things they could do... Which reminds me, how come nintendo have never done a cross over, besides Smash Bros and other little things?

Because a lot of their IPs are radically different.

Unless you wanna so the Mario and Sonic and the Olympic games route you really can't make a game like that.

Don't you remember hash tag fee?

It makes sense. In Robobot's True Arena, his entrance is in his crystal prison, while in SSU's Metaknightmare he just appears. Meanwhile, his defeat is the same as his defeat in SSU's Metaknightmare, only he flies away.

youtube.com/watch?v=R1lY0Bs9e7A

Not really, the no dying this didn't bother me much at all. And trying to get through the stages with maximum beads was challenge enough as it is, some of those things were borderline impossible.

Definitely needed better collectibles, though. Ironically if it had been a normal Kirby game where you get to customize Kirby's house with stuff you find on your adventures I would've been all over that shit.

He's talking more Nintendo X Nintendo. And if you wanna be technical Hyrule Warriors was a crossover too.

>You couldn't fight Haltmann in the robobot

Would have made the game 11/10 GOAT

>>Because a lot of their IPs are radically different.
>implying

Kirby and Mario would go great together.

eh, I suppose. He'll be back though
probably

Kirby would make friends with a goomba.

>playing canvas curse
>it's just a huge gimmick that would be 10x better with normal controls

There is no reason why this game deserved such critical acclaim

Nah, Kirby would break Mario.

And there aren't really enough unique enemies for Copy Abilities, so unless if you wanted to make up ones only for this game mind you, then there wouldn't be much for Kirby to transform into

Kita drew this, which clearly isn't the same art style. He probably drew the credis for Kirby 64 though.

Between Hashiguchi and Shimomura, I'd wager Shimomura drew the concept art. Hard to say though without any direct artwork linked with Hashiguchi.

Assuming that every time that Galactic appears is due to temporal distortions, then he can keep coming back as often as possible.

What I want to know is what his origins are. Assuming that RtDL is canonically first for him, then he's of Halcandria desent, possibly his world's Star Warrior. I also like to consider the Lor Starcutter their world's equivelent to Popstar's various super weapons such as the Star Rod or more fitting the Starship ability from Super Star/SSU.

The Mario power ups would probably affect him too, and they're everywhere.

Some examples
Fire flower - Fire Kirby
Tanooki leaf - Animal Kirby
Poison Mushroom - Poison Kirby
Smol Shroom - Mini Kirby
Ice Flower - ice Kirby
Big Shroom - Giant Kirby
Double Cherry - Clone Kirby

Hmm. I wonder if he is somehow related to the more modern Star Warriors.

GIVE IT BACK

He does bare a striking resemblance to Sir Galahad from the anime. That's probably where they got the inspiration from his design.

I imagine that if the anime had lasted long enough to include the other games in the series, they would've had Galactic as a SSS+ rank Star Warrior or something, possibly the one who led the rebellion against Nightmare, and that he sealed himself away to prevent himself from being corrupted by Nightmare's influence like other Star Warriors.

>4-4 is another Jet mode stage
I fucking love this game.

I wish the Jet shmup segments were a little more challenging. You could almost literally do charge shits while barely moving and beat those parts handily.

They should have included a Jet Mode mini game with at least 5 new Jet stages and platinum trophies based on points to artificially up the difficulty.

The tragic part about HAL and Kirby mini-games is that there's so many good concepts and so little development time. I already want Deluxe versions of 3D Rumble and Team Kirby Clash.

I wish the anime was better. I don't mind the slice of life elements involving the cappies. I think most of it is pretty amusing and despite being targeted towards children, the show has some pretty good social messages. However, I long for a proper Kirby anime that sticks close to the games, as a sense of tension/conflict and a more ongoing plot as opposed to being episodic.

It's a shame. I figured there be at least some of mini game based off it.

Yeah, and there should have been a Waddle Dee minecart mini game in Kirby 64. Oh well.

>sir galahad
haven't heard of him

>robobot won't come back

This feels like all the AC games after Black Flag.

He's not based on that guy, he's just a "revenge" version of Meta Knight.

Maybe Magolor will come across its scraps and fix it up. You never know.

ah

It seems that his time line most likely goes like this:
rtdl>robobot>super star ultra

that being said the extra modes like metaknightmare and true arena are split time lines so who really knows if he actually exists in any of the proper time lines he might only be cannon in those what if scenarios which makes things interesting.

I'm assuming he means the guy who was known as Sir Gallant in the 4kids version.

oh I remember him vaguely

kirby is a fucking moron

There's stupider people.

>watching the dub
why would anyone subject themselves to that? outside of dedede's voice.

You just said why. That and manlets VA.

Spanish Meta Knight is the shit and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

Didn't he confess his love for galatica knight?

Otherwise. Kirby characters need to be totally voiceless.

at the very least they need to make cute noises like how the waddle dees made squeak noise when they tripped over.

No. Kirby needs a voice other than "baby noises."

Waddle Dees are the best.

The dub is 100% funnier. I've watched all of the original Jap voices and the 4kids English dub, and while the Japanese version is superior, the Eng dub has it's own charm. It's just so fucking stupid that it's funny, and that helps this anime in a way since the whole thing hinges on cuteness/silly humor rather than battles and conflict.

No, he needs sound effects for certain things, that's it.

I don't want Kirby to have dialog, but he should at least know how to talk.

Didn't he actually talk in the original? I know after the pilot that he dub relegates him to just baby noises but I thought he would say things in nippon.

which flavor of dee is best? parasol all the way.

Notice how every time he's had dialogue it was voiceless? Those w things aren't even related.

Yeah, he speaks full sentences in most of the classic games' manuals.

True facts. Parasol > sailor > megaton punch

You know what I mean. Stop playing contrary.
Do the manuals count as canon though? Legit question.

The original anime, genius, not game manuals.

It's not contrary. Dialogue in Kirby games has zero to do with voice acted sound effects. Look at Revenge of Meta Knight, or more recently Planet Robobot.

Yes, they do count as canon. Manuals are a part of the game.

>Manuals are a part of the game.
Fascinating.

Forgive me for assuming you were talking about video games on Cred Forums.
What do you mean the original anime? There's only been one, and Kirby has the exact same voice clips in all regions.

I'm still pissed that this wasn't released in Europe

Why wasn't it? I though Europe usually gets localized Kirby games earlier than North America.

we all are there was no good reason not to bring it there.

It was pretty odd, Europe only hates Kirby after 5th gen.

I want Suplex and Bugzzy back.

I have a confession - I've never played a Kirby game. Where should I start and follow on with?

Play them in order of release. Start with the first one.

The first game, then the NES game, then Dream Land 2, then Dream Land 3, then Kirby 64, then back to Super Star. Trust me.

This, fuck the complicated opinionated charts.

Like any game series, start from the beginning and progress from there.

At the beginning. You don't skip around when you want to pick up a series. You appreciate what grows, what changes, what stays the same. They all hold up, anyway.

do these.

>tfw you just want a Kirby game with the combat depth of Super Star

Return to Dreamland came closest. Triple Deluxe doesn't play as well.

How many games have that mechanic where you can kill enemies by jumpibg under them at the right time? Is it just DL3?

It's all because of the physics. The 3 most recent games all play identically to Super Star besides the inclusion of dodging but the physics are nowhere near as quick or flexible as in Super Star. I just want a 2D hand-drawn game like Wario Land Shake It.

the jumps are smaller and quicker and enemy's have invulnerability frames in super star which makes things more high pased

a hand drawn sprite game would be pretty radical if they chose a good art style like wario did.

What art style have they not used? DL was simple and cartoony, ADV was dreamlike, DL2 was childlike, DL3 was colored pencil characters over pastel settings, SS was Loony Tuney, K64 was vibrant colorful minimal, GBA and DS are blah, Epic Yarn is cloth arts-and-crafts, Air Ride and RTDL are surreal pseudo-realilistic, TD and PR are kind of abstract but mostly keep RTDL's thing.

Maybe they could do a storybook kinda look, like Yoshi's Island, the Yoshi Story intro, and the first Paper Mario.

Or something more papercrafty, like Tearaway or the latest Paper Marios.