Anyone playing this? Will it scratch the itch? Anything coming out that does? (WoW excluded - not a fan)

Anyone playing this? Will it scratch the itch? Anything coming out that does? (WoW excluded - not a fan)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tSXqeUMu0AI
mobile.twitter.com/trademark_bot/status/777697226692976640
youtube.com/watch?v=u4G0bbzsWVg
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/61317-Padjal-Naming-Conventions
youtube.com/watch?v=A2eU2CG3WN8
ffxivcensus.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=EfZ4kASLJQY
pastebin.com/iYdSau5R
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

le hourly ffxiv shill thread

even the shills don't care about this dead game anymore

Nope, literally nobody plays. It's a big conspiracy and when you finally download and play the game it just brings up a screen with "haha gotcha" written in huge gold letters.

It depends on what you're looking for. It's primarily a single player story game with a fucking atrocious amount of padding to it first and an MMO second. Servers other than Balmung feel kind of dead because the designated RP server is the only one where people actually hang out in towns, etc.

>(WoW excluded - not a fan)
It's like you're wanting FF14-fags to come defend their shitty game. It's literally the same game as WoW but with le epic cat grills XD

How to make challenging and engaging boss fights without following their current formula of 'stick to the dance routine or you wipe'

Need more mechanics that cant be memorized and require active improvisation like the a7s balls. Anything that is on a script is ultimately trivial since you can memorize it.

Forward and back and then forward and back

$1 has been deposited into (You)r blizzard account.

I still play the game's 'raid' content with a small group of players, every single one of whom used to play 11. I can't imagine the game doing much for anyone without the nostalgia.

Always thought it was a weeb faggot game played everything else but it until recently. I actually like it the more i play. its more single player with mmo elements thrown in to keep you paying past the story line or "game". The combat is slow as fuck but it reminds me of hollow fragment and i loved that game so im enjoying it a lot. one second gotta take a hit from my bong

Obvious shill thread It's fun for a while but you'll get bored of it either during the beginning (shitty fetch quests on the shitty story) or when you reach end game where you have nothing worthwhile to do.
Kek. I've always heard the people who used to play 11 and tried this game out quit and went back because of how shit this game is.

post lewds pls

This has to be to most cancerous picture I've seen in months.

I hope you get ass cancer

Actually real story here i have a family history of ass cancer. So the chances of me getting it are quite high. Although that being the thing that kills me highly unlikely but if i survive everything else in like 20 years yeah probably die from that so wish fulfilled. one second gotta take a hit from my bong.

11 was a social mmo with tons of downtime.
14 is an asocial mmo with minimum downtime.
They're almost opposites in terms of design ethic. Basically 14 is shit.

>Will it scratch the itch?
The itch for what?

How is AST at 60? I got mine at 52 at the moment, thoroughly enjoy it over WHM/SCH but I just wonder how it fares end-game.
Also is it even worth using Aero? Shouldn't I just use a Malefic II instead?
What kind of impact does an expanded Balance have if all 8 players get it? I mean I know it's 5%x8, but in the grand scheme of things (say a full parse for NidEX or whatever), is it noticeable?

Sorry, didn't it mean it that way bro

kek

Right now it's the worst healer, but it's getting a huge buff next week

So like basicly bro he's sayin he's hella fuckin addicted to mmos. They fire off endorphins like he's snorting cock. So he's constantly trying to stimulate them, like scratching an itch. He should stop though gonna blow those fuckers out and then you'll have all kinds of mental illness creepin up on you. one second gotta take a hit from my bong.

Oh good, 3.4 has balance changes? Fucking fantastic, I was wondering about that earlier. I hope it doesn't turn it into FOTM ;_;

Any details released about the balance changes at all, or do we just gotta wait? I love reading that shit.

it's like wow except worse and more dead

Its fine casual but once you get into actual raiding which isn't hard most people are fucking garbage in this game you run out things to do since you are playing to keep up to date.

It's literally the same shit every patch so you will know what is coming except pointless minigames and some shit changes to systems they failed to make people do them.

It's the inferior healer.
>cards are RNG (When you can just get a SCH with Shadowflare which does 5% Slow and Selene for 3% haste)
>Noct Sect is trash compared to SCH's galvanize because the shield doesn't double when it crits
>having a smaller range on Aspected Helios compared to Medica II
>Not a lot of instant ogcd heals
>No AoE DoT

It's a WoW clone so I'd avoid it if you disliked WoW.

Otherwise, it's a lot better in some ways, a lot worse than others. They left out some of the best parts in WoW and took some of the worst, took their own spin at certain things with varying results. I'd describe it as a WoW clone developed by people who only knew about WoW second-hand. I like it better overall, but when I'm playing either game, and I flip-flop between them a lot, I always find myself wishing I was playing the other one when things get bad.

No info yet, gotta wait for the changelog
I think it usually comes out 1-2 days before a patch

Pretty amazing that they release anything at all considering they run a skeleton crew on a shoestring budget while FFXV eats up all the money and staff.

>FFXIV players

>balmung

What the nigger christ is this.

serves them right to play on the ERP server

All of the shit they keep releasing are lazily done and half-baked. See:
>Dungeons being the same trash > boss > trash > boss > trash > final boss
>Palace of the Dead where it's just 50 rooms of the same shit, with the only variety being the mobs, scenery and (boring) boss battles changing every 10 floors. Then they're updating it next patch but watch as it's going to be the same thing.
>GC Squadrons are just going to be glorified ventures and they said they'll update it soon for more features.
>Diadem
Be impressed if they actually make something not so copy-paste and unique every patch.

Some guy that was saying the new feathered gear is cultural appropriation and offensive towards natives.

As expected, the only people who care about cultural appropriation seems to be whites.

Fuck this guy NOBODY CARES ABOUT AST SO YOU'RE MAKING THEM OVERPOWERED CAUSE YOU HATE SCHOLARS AND YOU STILL STING FROM THE 3.0 BACKLASH

>cultural appropriation

I'm sure this bitch nigger was fine with the Thavnairian gear resembling Arabic dancer apparel.

>a class you actually have to play is getting buffed to be useful and now I can't have my fairy carry my useless ass since parties will take the better player

>weeb fantasy

no

>he's snorting cock

>Play LNC
>It's slow as fuck and boring
>Work on PGL and then MNK
>3xGreased lightning
>Get to 60 and Gear up
>Mfw

>having zero raid utility
>literal babby mode 123 rotations
>being associated with Ala Mhiggers
This is why you'll always be cucked by Ninja and Lolgoon.

DRG becomes more fun after 60 though. You have a lot of shit to do and monk becomes pretty simple in comparison since its 60 skills don't add a new mechanic like DRG's do, they just make MNK the way it should have been at 50.

Dragoon stronk

>Monk
>rotation

>literal babby mode 123 rotations
wat.
How is it any different than the DRG one?
The only """complicated""" thing of DRG is Fang and Claw and Wheeling trust being random.
Keeping up Blood of the dragon is even more easy than Greased Lightning.

>(WoW excluded - not a fan)

why do you chase after low budget crap wow clones if you don't like it? play an mmo in a different mold like ao, xi, uo, pso, gw1, or something. don't go fucking play ARR and complain about wow, you obviously won't like it then.

Monk is literally Dragon Kick or Bootshine > Twin Snakes or True Strike > Snap Punch twice or Demolish.
1 or other 1 > 2 or other 2 > 3 or other 3

Dragoon is more like:
1>2>3>4 then the other 1>2>3>4 which you should have no room for mistakes on compared to MNK.

>utility
No party ever wiped because they didn't have enough utility-per-second.

Why can't they uncap tomes a fortnight before a new progression patch?
There's no way to actually catch up in this game unless you're max iLv before the content releases; if you try to gear up after, even if you poopsock it, learning parties will dry up before you meet the minimum iLv for any of the new shit. Then you're screwed for the next 6+ months until the next progession patch is added.

The big mmo's need to go in a new direction already, I wish someone would innovate and do something awesome.

>being an ala mhigger instead of glorious Doman.

Both seems easy if you put it like this.
1/12 > 2/22 > 3/32
vs
1 > 2 > 3 > 4 / 1 > 2 > 3 > 4

Both have 4 OGCD offensive.
Both have a dot out of their rotation.
Both have buff OGCD.

MMOs are risky business when they play it safe. Pretty much all of them turn some profit but in this market, if you're going to dump something out and forget about it for a quick buck it's probably easier to make a mobile game or MOBA.

I don't imagine any devs want to chance things with a game that's real different.

So it's exactly the same as monk except you're going 1->2->3->4 A->B->C->D instead of 1 or A -> 2 or B -> 3 or C

The reason MNKs aren't used in raids is because the designers are retarded and forgot to make any other class deal blunt damage.

>They play melee DPS

>Doma
>A city that was razed to the fucking ground

The ninjer village is fine.

Who will be XIV-kun

What? You mean, the tan?

Can the older areas do something in the game please?

Wondrous Tales is giving incentive to old dungeons, so with any luck we'll see some stuff in old world zones as well.

Having something like Palace of the Dead in each zone might help.

Just have chests spawn randomly in the field or something.

Fuck I don't know.

>just got Grandmaster of the hand yesterday
>running dry on gil going from 3mil to 1.2mil
>dont even have all my i150 tools for most jobs
how the fuck am I supposed to gear myself up to carbonweave/ironworks

WHY DO THEY STILL SUCK AT TITAN EXTREME

>play LNC
>boring fucking shit like holy fuck
>place of the dead comes out and I decide hey fuck it let me level this shit for B4B for bard
>teammates convince me to go dragoon
>tough it out
>holy shit this is fucking fun
>i hit like a truck
>at like level 54 with sohm al gear hitting for like 2.2k+ on full thrust crits on tioman
>all ast players give me balance
>comms based on dps alone

God this class is beast in the later levels and hits fucking HARD. Revisit it when you do get the chance.

I do regret sometimes not going monk since it being fast as fuck looks fun. You get wow tier GCD with full stacks and haste.

Because the people who aren't trash were done with the fight 2 years ago and don't want to do it again. Good luck finding 7 people who are just new to it and aren't the shitters who've been stuck on it since release and probably couldn't even do it unsynched.

youtube.com/watch?v=tSXqeUMu0AI

Why is PvP so awful in this game?

AND
THEN
GO

Server ticks.

this is your brain on tumblr

I just don't think the mechanics match for a Player vs. Player scenario.

It's not Quake.

>animations clipping without gcd
>almost ran out of tp 1:30 in

too early for these keks

I burnt myself out in 5 weeks after resubbing. I levelled MNK and MCH, liked both but I got nothing to do now that would hold my interest. I'd do crafting but I burned my leve allowance and the tome caps are fucking retarded. This game is super fun until you run out of reasons to play.

>want to level monk
>suddenly remember the class is like 200% positionals
>remember majority of tanks that can't fucking sit still in a dungeon even when fighting bosses

monk is cool but fuck positionals

monk hits harder and doesn't put you to sleep

I wouldn't say they hit harder but they do hit hard and really fucking fast.

MNK main here, it's not bad once you get used to it, and honestly most of the time I've had tanks stay in place, to the point that I notice it when they don't (past couple days have been pretty shit tankwise). You gain an instinct for timing positionals even while the enemy is moving around, nothing makes you feel more skilled than landing a bootshine crit on an enemy spinning like a record player.

PvP is shite in wow too, its just a mmo thing in general (although I've heard good things about gw1). The tank/heal/dps trinity model just doesnt mesh well with it, healers are huge wet blankets in pvp.

Use the blue scrip gear to earn red scrips and then buy those tools

it used to be way harder to gear up user

I played MNK way back.
How are the new classes?

I personally love all of them but dark knight. I feel like MCH is the most viable out of all 3 though.

>Had 33 Gelmoran potsherd in my inventory
>But 5 grade V crit and 5 grade V Det Materia and sell them for 400k each
>Literally free 4M

I've raided on WHM since 2.1 and this just sounds like I'm going to be the new shitter.
Hopefully Yoshit fucks this up just like everything else and WHM remains the backbone.

You've ran PotD 33 times?
Are you mad?

45 times actually.

Balmung and the german kids

>33
>THIRTY FUCKING THREE

GW1 was built from the ground up with PvP in mind.

Interesting food for thought though, GW1 actually has clunkier movement than FFXIV and even less "action combat" than WoW and FFXIV. It was very much a tab target game where I don't believe even any area abilities required that you manually aimed them. Combat was based entirely around preparation, prediction and timing.

I think MMO devs might be going entirely the wrong way with combat mechanics by moving them closer to action games.

Like I said, 45 actually.
I'm of those rare retards who actually like PotD and I used a lot to help my fellow FCmates to get their welfare weapons or to level up my other classes.

I have 5 Padjali weapons.

You're lucky. I main MNK, too, but half the tanks I get don't seem to realize or care that I need to be where I've been trying to stand and keep spinning the enemy like they're tryint to DJ with it. I've gotten somewhat decent at moving with them but it's giving me some pretty hefty distaste for tanks.

i hardly ever see tanks spinning bosses
granted right now im playing tanks, so i just stay still outside of dodging aoes, after which i go back to where i was

But tab-targeting is a hold over from a decade ago where latency was an issue.

I don't see why the genre holds onto the same things Warcraft and Everquest introduced more than 10 years ago.

>Tfw you get 3 commendations as a DPS in a 4 man party

They were all partied together.

I have actually had a tank spin the boss, and then bitch at me for not doing my positionals.

They're worse than tanks that don't feel like grabbing the aggro of ads, and then ask the healer where they were passive aggressively when they wipe, when all of the ads had aggroed onto the healer.

That's what I though at first buy they weren't.

Latency is always going to be an issue until we can harness tachyons. And it's going to remain a particularly egregious one until devs pay for premium routing and quit cheaping out on their god damn data centres.

>tfw someone pets you.

>that 1 cute female giraffe that you always see on your server

I've been playing for 550 hours and I'm still too much of a bitch to even suggest to a person that they should be doing something differently, except in like Sastasha where the tank isn't using flash/overpower. I feel like the eternal noob and speaking out of line if I tell someone they're doing it wrong, even though I've leveled every class to at least 30, and a few of them to 50-60.

its dead jim

Would you put a XV-esque battle system into XIV then?

A few questions

1. Can I play solo or do I have to fuck around with other people and wait in line and shit?
2. What's the non-combat stuff like?
3. Is it comfy?

There used to be a guy that would show up out of nowhere and pet or hug me between trying to flirt in tells. He wasn't my friend or in my FC, but he somehow was always in the town that I was in.

Take off those nostalgia glasses user. Tab-targeting combat was a concession to the shitty net speeds and weaker hardware of the time. Tab-targeting combat is fucking awful, and the fact that developers are moving away from it is a good thing.

well if someone keeps doing things that can potentially cause a wipe i would speak out, but other than that, shitters gonna shit and you will have to keep picking up the slack because it feels like people want to use any excuse they can to report for harassment or whatever the fuck

>like the game itself
>hate the same weekly grind in place
>hate the community even more

You have to do some party stuff as you level up. If you play DPS be prepared to wait a bit for some dungeons you need. Crafting and gathering are enjoyable in their own right as are a few of the minigames. Housing is pretty fun and comfy too. Comfiness is one of the few things this game has going for it.

woah that sounds a little creepy.

But if it would have been a cute girl it would've been cute tho.

>SJW getting BTFO

Was this supposed to prove something negative about FFXIV players? Looks like a respectable community to me.

1. Yes, and no. There are dungeons and group fights that you have to do for the story, but the wait generally isn't that long, especially if you tank or heal. It is an MMO, though, so if you make friends or join a guild you're going to have a much better time. If you join one with a lot of people, there's always going to be endgamers who will be happy to dump a whole bunch of bullshit on you and help you through tough times.
2. A lot of running about, a lot of fetch quests. The world is huge, but it's pretty and has Deep Lore.
3. Decently comfy. You get to be pretty attached to the cast of story members.

2 & 3 are kinda connected.

Settling down for a crafting session after a really shitty pug is comfy as fuck.

yeah look at how good guild wars 2 is

I have zero interest in XV.
I'd play something like DQX though, which is basically a multilayer ATB game in 3D.

>apartments announced
>kind of excited somehow
>price to get one is 500k
>five times as much as private chambers in FC house
>must be larger then, right?
>literally the exact same room as a private chamber
Disappointed. I'm getting one anyway.
Was hoping for more space for the potential of having more room sections, maybe even a balcony or at least more windows. Might get the one in Mist because I want to live in a tower.

you can say what you want about gw2's class design or lore or races, but one thing it actually does better than most mmos that are relevant right now is combat. if XIV copied GW2's combat engine it would be the best mmo out right now in all facets of gameplay

>yeah look at how good guild wars 2 is

That's still a tab-target style game user. they just went to great effort to hide it.

Aren't private rooms 200k? Either way, I think the draw is that you get to have a room with a bunch of people all rag-tag and shit. There's supposed to be a common room on your floor, or something.

I'm getting one, too, even though I'm a poor with literally no housing items.

Do you think the whole grind mentality is almost insane when it comes to MMOs?

So many people say how they despise the Yokai hunting for instance, yet go on to keep churning through the content as if they'll never see those rewards again, as if their online status will be hampered without them.

But can you really have a game with high replayability without carrot on a stick rewards?

not any more, that's why overwatch needed loot boxes, tf2 went in hard on hats, CoD has leveling and prestige systems

I name all of these because even the games with faster and more demanding gameplay than mmos still need still rewards to keep people playing

I forgot to sum up that whole post with

The reward of being good at a game is not enough any more for people

Just try the trial, OP.

It's capped to level 30 but it will give you a good impression of the game.

It's shit btw. Casual as fuck.

Are Savage Raids really seen as casual in the genre?

>Casual as fuck

So you only tried the trial then.

It actually won't give you a good impression of the game.

I savagely raided your mom m8

>tfw you own an empty house in the lavender beds
The rabbit hole was deep and I'm a poorfag. I actually wanted to make a dojo, but those blooming cherry blossom trees alone are 3.5 mil a pop.
You can't even put training dummies inside for whatever reason.

Also it's bullshit you need an FC house to do airship stuff. That could bankroll my various endeavors easily, but nope.

yes lol

xiv raiding is a joke lmao

>it gets better after the trial I promise
>p-pls buy this game

The devs should get their shit together and not make the trial a snoozefest.

I couldn't even get halfway through once without getting so bored I quit until the upcoming patch.

>SquareEnix copyrights the name StormBlood.
Looks like we have our 4.0 expansion name boys.
mobile.twitter.com/trademark_bot/status/777697226692976640

He hasn't tried them, silly. FF14 has the hardest raids in the industry by far.

>mfw ffivx fags actually believe this

That name is far too shit for anything to do with FF14. It's the kind of "creativity" I expect from Blizzard.

They spent months trying to find a good name just for the next PATCH just because a lot of titles with "Soul" in them end up sounding generic. And you think they'd name an expansion "Stormblood"?

I guess Wrath of the Ala Mhigo Boyz was taken.

probably some shitty mobile game, would make a pretty awful expansion name

Raids arent hard. The fucking people who run them suck. Competent people are a rare breed in this game

What does that name have to do with glorious Ala Mhigo?

They have more credibility than you, since they have likely at least watched or read about the raids if not completed them. Meanwhile you're just a WoW shitposter who hasn't even played past the trial.

>thinks I play WoW
wew lad

Give me a little credit.

The raids are meticulously difficult.

Things like Alexander Savage 3 and 6 are almost mind numbing at times given the amount of things you need to remember.

Here's a challenge for Cred Forums:
Think of a name for an Ala Mhigan expansion that's at least better than "Stormblood".

Yeah that's why it took over a month for anyone to clear the two previous raid tiers despite them being beatable with gear from the patch before. Literally EVERY player sucks. Except you of course.

Final Fantasy XIV: WEWUZKANGZ

Thundercunt

Blood on the Sand

Detroit

The Dawning Verse.

Because Nignogg never shutup about 'The Final Chorus', so the title is a play on the real dangers to come, the nature of threat after threat, after threat.

>The reward of being good at a game is not enough any more for people
It still is, MMOs are just not the genre for this. It's still the case in genres like fighters, and RTSes - although the latter are pretty much dead in the current day. You know, the granddaddy genres of competitive gaming.

The hero brawlers and fps games of today are magnitudes more casual than those genres, and let's not even talk about MMOs. MMOs are not synonymous with skill, even at the highest levels of raiding (in any mmo, not just xiv), success is more contingent on roster logistics and scheduling than actual mechanical skill. Raiding is *easy*

Empire of Ash?
Actually, it might be called something in the vein of The Returners. The expansion will probably have us assisting the Ala Mhigo resistance, and- remembering for a moment that Heavensward was named for/after the titular band of assholes, what were the rebels in FFVI called again? It's a solid nostalgia play.

>what were the rebels in FFVI called again?
The Returners, I think.

FFxiv Raubahn is a sterile pansy edition

Is it FTP yet?

No, I will not pay PER month to play your shitty MMO. Fuck off, Yoshi

it's been free to pay for a while

>current year
>still playing mmo's
Shiggy diggy

I wonder if instead of a Lanner Sophia will drop her Empress chariot.
Birds are gay but I'd farm hard to ride a disembodied Amano-esque face.

It's a golden lanner. Can see it on Yoshi's hotbars in the live letter.

game is dead

Average Balmung player.

Hopefully they off themselves and make it just a tiny bit less shitty. It'd be worth it.

Final Fantasy XIV: And the secret of the crooked nose

That would be a lalafell expansion. Ala Mhigans are niggers, not jews.

Ala Mhigo = Israel

>refugees
>go to the wealthiest city in Eorzea, passing by Gridania to get to the money
>demand gibs
>Lolorito and Teledji tell them no, but will give them bodyguard and hard labor jobs
>Ala Mhigans flip their shit because they aren't getting free stuff
>sit around the streets drinking and selling drugs
>most turn into bandits and start stealing shit and killing people
Nah, Ala Mhigans are niggers.

racist scum!

After shit like Revenge of MUH HORDE I'm not surprised anymore.

8 more days...It feels like just a week or two we got the current Idyllshire development.

Do we know what difficulty the new recipes in 3.4 are gonna be? 3.5star like ironworks stuff, or full on 4star crafts?

>passing by Gridania to get to the money
Not really.
They have to pass through the Shroud to reach Uldah, and the elementals bear them no small amount of antipathy. They get to spend one night in Quarrymill; some get to stay by the grace of the elementals, others get told to fuck off- and those that do leave in fairly short order because Gridania doesn't want to deal with another Greenwrath.

It'll be 4 star stuff 99% likely, with 3.5 being the most extreme 4 star mats (Like 4.5).

So far only the Ravana weapons/250 weapons/armor/Aquarium is confirmed, so be on the look out for other stuff.

Being treehuggers sound tough.

You'd hug trees too if a pissed-off shrubbery could annihilate you with the merest thought.

People also tend to disappear in the Shroud. By disappear I mean stabbed in the back and left to rot.

Or I could fuck off and go live somewhere else where tree won't shag me to death if I so much as sneezed in wrong direction.

>It still is

Not in Heavensward. You need better gear to do the new content to get better gear to do the new content to etc. etc. Its true that if you want an outfit really really badly you're going to have to grind for it, but if you're simply content with buying that Thavslut dress and putting it on your cute girl character like me then there really is no reason for you to get better gear once you are geared enough to the point where you can safely solo outdoor monsters.

Unless you pvp. But who the fuck cares about pvp?

How do I become a good MCH

Why do you think so many refugees live in Uldah? It may be the shittiest no mans land of the three factions, but at least the probability of getting clobbered by angry plants is low.

>I AM NOT A SHILL
>SHOULD I PLAY FF14 tm
>WILL IT SCRATCH THAT GOOD MMO ITCH
>NOT A FAN OF WOW BTW EVEN THOUGH FF14 tm IS JUST A SHITTIER WOW CLONE
>HAVE I MENTIONED I AM NOT A SHILL?

You have to go back

Don't believe the "MCH opener is hard" meme. That's a good start.

>Use wildfire
>pop EVERYTHING
>???
>PROFIT

What the fuck man that is an unnecessarily large amount of rotations.

Its hard if you can't do a rotation to save your life. So that means its hard for at least 80% of the total worldwide player base.

MCH being hard is only really a meme because it has a high skill floor. You have to have a certain understanding of the game to be able to play it, if you're a DF shitter who only does roulettes than it's probably over your head, if you've done Savage as any other DPS class than you're ready for MCH.
The interesting thing about MCH is that even though it has a high skill floor it has a low skill ceiling. There are very few things you can do to optimize MCH DPS. There's planning out your CDs properly to each fight, this is something that every class has to do, and there's stance dancing. That's really it. Just learn your opener and your priority rotation and you'll be ready to take your MCH into Savage.

Source?

Are you a Square Enix employee

I can't wait the diadem update tho.
I'm sitting with 99 Steel Sky Pirate Spoils too, so I hope the new items are worth it.

No?
I just pay attention when NPCs are talking.

hyur pride eorzea wide
gas the cats

Burn the potatoes.

I guess this must have been from the Gridanian intro or something then. Pretty sure it wasn't brought up in the shared main story.

Regardless, your post was highly autistic, probably the most lore-savvy post I've read and written in the game's peculiar vernacular. I like it.

>end of ARR was leading the story towards Uldah civil war between Raubahn's communist horde and the Potato Legio
>Heavensward defuses the whole thing like a balloon

I wanted more to this life.

Not that user but I clearly remember a quest where you have to talk to Ala niggers refugee in Quarrymill.

I'm still at a loss for why they even bothered doing that plot. Ishgard could have been its own contained story, using the civil war as setup for the next expansion instead of "muh darkness"

Just like about every japanese made RPG, either the story completely sucks or in this case, has potential, flaunts it, then drops the ball. The build up to Heavensward was actually good. I actually started to watch cutscenes from patch 2.2 on.

Fair enough.
However it was brought up. Around the time you're investigating Lahabrea, and trying to ingratiate yourself among the inhabitants of little Ala Mhigo, you find yourself in need of a referee. An Ala Mhigan refugee and Scion points you in the direction of the chief's relative, and it's in the process of coming to his rescue that you encounter a highlander woman (one of few permitted to stay in the Shroud) that explains the immigration policy.

Soken has to be a god.

hoping the astrologian buffs make it broken so I can finally quit it. I main scholar so there will be no more reason to play it once they kill the only thing it can do in a raid scene.

Despite the amazing balance this game has it comes at the cost of retarded players, class homogenization and bad class design in general.

That was definitely the case and they wrapped up the Ul'dah storyline extremely quickly, but I'm now thinking it was just a slight delay before they go gung ho in 3.4-4.3, I mean 3.4 is still part of Heavensward so there's still a chance.

its the jack of all trades healer. Basically its a slightly weaker whm or sch depending on sect but still viable. It makes up for its inferiority by having rng cards.

Its getting a huge buff to noct sect next week so expect it to be overpowered.

It's so balanced and each class while homogenized does have a fun way of playing it, so I think it's a worthy price to pay.

I think it all comes down to rushing the expansion for release. They already had it delayed and content that was supposed to come out earlier like Hildibrand.

I dont think the changes to AST are gonna make the class OP. Even with the buffs they are still going to be behind WHM and SCH

Yoshi's words on the buff is that in the hands of a skilled player, AST is going to be "terrifying".

>buff to barriers

What else can this mean exactly? Right bow the barriers are 130% and 120% shields of the amount healed. If they make that any stronger it is literally going to give them on demand deployment tactics without the crit.

How is that not broken?

Also what if they do something silly like damage mitigation buff upon usage of the aspected spell just so they can use noct sect with extender buffs?

Theres no way the shields they have can't become further broken if its buffs. If its a rework thats another story but they specifically said adjustments.

Is the hack seriously bragging about this?

>40 pages of me getting BTFO?
>Just say I received death threats!

Jesus fucking Christ on a pogo stick can you attention whore any harder

Nah. Even Balmung wants nothing to do with its kind.

I don't think rescuing the general was so bad, it did give THE BULL time to prepare a larger following. It was the potato asspull that suddenly dampened the occasion. I mean in the grand scheme of things, the average player won't even really notice the lull between 3.0's temporary resolution of the story and it restarting in 3.4.

The thing about that is the head potato Jew actually wants to deal with the refugee crisis too by helping them get their homeland back, it's just that the way the potato Princess wanted to go about it would've invited the Garleans in to try and take over, so he made the best of the situation he was dealt. He's a greedy sumbitch but not wholly evil.

Of course all of this is revealed in supplemental material on the website instead of in the actual game because SE is fucking retarded.

Lolorito is really my favorite character in the game right now. The story on the site where he BTFOs the dumbfuck Sultana is beautiful.

No, you dipshit, they fear they may have overtuned it.

Based Lolorito.

Too bad 90% of the players don't care.

Sure didn't sound like it.

90% of the players think Lolorito and Teledji are the same person.

>It's a "Nobody Plays XIV!" thread

Every fucking time.

Oh yeah, maybe it's because it's a second-hand retelling of a general translation of a thing somebody said, and you're cherrypicking words to suit your shitposting, now drink bleach.

Why are you so defensive bro? Are you perhaps AST main?

>Ala Mhigo
>Huge history of warring on others
>Huge history of opposing beliefs
>Gets their shit pushed in constantly
>Leader was a literal paranoid tyrant
>Basically destroy themselves in the end

God, why am i so slow in realising this only now.

>Yoshi's words on the buff is that in the hands of a skilled player, AST is going to be "terrifying".
If they buff the barriers further, its going to be fucking broken.
If hes talking about the cards though, I can potentially see it overshadowing both scholar and white mage depending on the buff.

If they change rng to make it so you draw each card in a cycle then that means AST can plan for any situation, that will make them a bigger utility powerhouse than scholar.

>that will make them a bigger utility powerhouse than scholar.
All it will do is making WHM extinct.

I don't get why the barriers from AST need buffs. The reason why SCH is the preferred barrier healer over AST, despite AST's more powerful barriers, is not the barriers themselves but the fact that SCH's have the most utility in the game. AST is only a notch below that but thats because they were built to work like a WHM. In terms of healing and shielding AST mitigates and heals far more than SCH, so why exactly does this need to be powered up further?

Also why does AST need to be competitive with SCH if its playstyle is more akin to WHM? Why not just make a healer thars competitive with SCH?

>cure 3
Doubt it.

I main SCH. If they make aspected helios any more powerful of a shield, people will just prefer that over deployment tactics. Buff card utility on top of that and SCH's only real edge will be an extra regen on the tank and aoe esuna.

Tbh, I don't know what the fuck the devs are thinking, 99% of the players that say "noct sect sucks, sch and war are overpowered" are casual players who only do casual content.

I think the devs should be smart enough to figure that out but it doesn't seem like it. After all they are taking the primary premise of AST as being "a slightly weaker whm and sch but with card buffs" and twisting it into "it must be on equal level with whm and sch". Thats going to create homogenization and class imbalance from the get go, considering noct sect can't match sch 100% to begin with because of the fairy.

Devs shouldn't really be afraid of there being a meta to be honest. SCH is probably going to be in a worse spot than 3.0 AST come the patch if everyones speculation in this thread turns out to be true.

youtube.com/watch?v=u4G0bbzsWVg

>Ul'dah
>Goverment revolves around wealthy individuals
>actual monarch has no real power and has to wrestle with wealthy bankers and businessmen to get anything done.

and gridania are eco-fascists because their economy revolves around a fucking tree.

At least limsa admit that they're still kinda pirates.

Players and developers have become way, way too concerned with total balance. Some classes should be better in some situations than others. That's really the point of having classes, isn't it? At this rate, everything is going to end up exactly the same as everything else.

Nah I'm pretty sure everybody agrees SCH and WAR are a little too good compared to the alternatives. Where the fuck are my PLD buffs then? Though knowing SE they'd probably buff DRK instead.

Clearly Ishgard is the way to go now.

Merlwyb outlawed piracy. Now they're "privateers" that only target Garlean vessels. :^)

Fuck man. I really want to play XIV again but I am currently playing legion and so are all my friends. Wat do.

>Limsa is a pirate den, and not the "loveable scalawag" kind, the "rape and enslave the coastline" kind
>Ul'Dah is a corrupt Jew cabal where money rules everything
>Gridania is a hippie convent ruled by the most pissy "guardian spirits" of all time that will kill you for sneezing on a tree
>Ishgard is a dogmatic religious cult that will declare you a heretic at the drop of a hat and throw your ass into a ravine
>Ala Mhigo got absolutely BTFO

The Sharlayns had the right idea, Eorzea fucking sucks

aka, if the war ever properly ends they're going to collapse as a nation.

Pretty much, they have problems but by this point they're actually trying to fix them.

also the snow is nice.

>Ishgard is a dogmatic religious cult that will declare you a heretic at the drop of a hat and throw your ass into a ravine
Not anymore!

What would gridania or the elementals do if the garleans just parked a dreadnought a few kilometers in the sky over the shroud, and dropped barrels of ceruleum waste on them or something.

It's like eorzea even knows what an air force is, what're they gonna do, try and conjure a hurricane?

Don't believe SE's lies that shit takes generations to breed out of people.

>FFXIV thread is not okay
>hourly Legion threads
Yeah, fuck off m8.

Not really.

If you compare healers side by side sch has the worst healing per second, the lowest mind with no mind traits, the worst barrier mitigation, the highest mp costs (ast has the cheapest), and the second lowest dps (it just has the most consistent dos, asts dps is higher than it if it buffs itself with cards). Its inly real advantage is utility, and thats why people bring it. That isn't a "little to strong" or "unbalanced" that just makes it good at something in specific. Just like pld is the strongest all around mitigation, drk is the strongest magic mitigation and warrior offers the best OT support. AST was built around the healer jack of all trades premise, so it has nothing its the best at, that is the devs fault, that and the fact that they tried to make a shield healer using white mages toolkit as a base.

I made a shitty meme picture

>masked guy calling for revolution

Goddamn it, I really wish video games would stop putting in real life politics into video games. The fucking masked guy is obviously an allegory to "Anonymous".

I'll save it user

Reminder that the Allagans did nothing wrong.

Utility isn't where SCH beats out the other healers. It's that it has ludicrously powerful single-target healing and no concerns about mana management. It can sit in Cleric Stance and DPS all day long and never fall below half MP, while still throwing out full potency heals via fairy. Aetherflow "management" is a joke, you either sit on them until there's about 5 seconds left on Aetherflow and blow them all on Energy Drains, or you toss out a couple perfunctory Lustrates and you hold the last one for Sacred Soil if you're running progression. Sure, it has a load of buttons, but it doesn't require any particular thought to use them.

Meanwhile, if AST wants to maximise the effect of its cards, especially Spear, it basically has to keep track of everyone else's cooldowns at once. Not only that, AST only has a single oGCD heal, so in emergency situations where multiple people fuck up a mechanic but don't manage to die, the AST has to decide which one is more of a benefit to keep alive. SCH? Fuck it, Lustrate them all, turn Cleric Stance back on, do whatever.

>Had functioning starships
>Collapsed in on themselves instead of colonizing space

Thanks

>native amarican clothes
>a bit tasteless
And so we have lost another brother to the T'umblr.

>by this point they're actually trying to fix them.
>by having WoL does EVERYTHING

>become communist post-scarcity utopia
>shit the bed because the people get lazy and Amon decides to bring a guy who's been dead for 4000 years back to rule the place

tfw no pirate mom

Is Kan-E Senna the most powerful living character in XIV?

The strongest WHM + Diplomacy skills between all races/spirits. Most devote followers and has the unquestioning loyalty of all her Seedseers and able to predict the future.

Not only that can actually bring souls back from the lifestream. Detractors basically attack with "dey hippies".

>trying to make "higher MP costs" into a negative point on fucking SCH

SCH main detected, the fuck outta here.

She also has the cutest daughter I want to commit a crime with.

Every single nation does that and you know it.

Frankly after the shit Ul'dah pulled we should really be more reluctant to do everything for them, especially for the old trio of useless nations that didn't do much to help after that shit.

Watch the 1.0 Limsa cutscenes and look at all the overpowered shit Y'shtola can do. Kan-E's powers are suppressed by the Elementals. Y'shtola learned from two of the greatest wizards ever to live, Louisoix and Matoya, and the only thing keeping her from showing her power level is that she likes to follow the rules and not use forbidden ancient magic.
Louisoix was strong enough to summon Primals of the Twelve at Carteneau, and then go toe-to-toe with Bahamut even before he had transformed.

That's her sister.

That's her sister, not her daughter. All the Padjal are sterile.

Even better, it wont be as awkward if I get both of them.

>That's her sister.
>That's her sister
Not literally.

Yes, literally. They share a surname.

Y'shtola is a strong contender but I don't think she's as strong as Kan-E, at least not yet. Her magics pretty much almost got her killed and the destructiveness of them is probably nothing to Kan-E's potential. She's shown her power for sure, but even she got pretty rocked by the Warriors of Darkness, Thancred put up an equally if not good showing.

That an Kan-E explictly saved Y'shtola's life on good will, I don't think even with her magic Y'sthola could do the same.

>They share a surname.
That means nothing in XIV.

Yes, literally. The Senna family is frequently chosen for unknown reasons to become padjal. They only change their first names into the padjali language.

Technically you're right. Kan-E basically has whatever power level the Elementals want to give her, and they're essentially demigods. But that also means she can -only- have that power if the Elementals let her. Y'shtola has her power on her own merits and is only restrained by herself.

I talked my way into having to play the game for a while and it's the most boring shit I've experienced, however I can't quit yet cause that would be a dick move to a friend. How do I have fun while playing it? I watched television for about 2 hours yesterday while doing some quests and that was alright, but I sometimes have to do dungeons for the main quest and that requires more attention so I can't just mash 7 while looking away from the monitor.

Very true, on this train of thought though, doesn't that mean Matoya is like the strongest potentially? At least more so then Y'shotla.

"Seedseer Raya-O-Senna (ラヤ・オ・センナ, Raya O Sen'na?) is a non-playable character from Final Fantasy XIV. She is the younger sister to Kan-E-Senna, the Elder Seedseer of Gridania and supreme commander of the Order of the Twin Adder. She also has a younger brother, A-Ruhn-Senna. "

I can't be the only one who wants to impregnate Sophia.

So what can we expect story wise in this patch?

I haven't really been paying attention to the ala mhigan sand niggers

250k active players

active players

75,000 active in NA

Probably, but we haven't really seen Matoya do much. She strikes me as the person who knows a ton of shit but really isn't interested in anything beyond knowing it. She's probably at Louisoix's level if she felt like stretching her legs.

The lead into Ala Mhiga, if you haven't been paying attention, well now would be a good time to start since it's the lead in to the next story arc.

[Citation needed]

And no, fan wikis don't count.

Boys, where is the money at for a botanist? I need to find my golden goose

Warriors of Darkness coming into full play. Looks like they might be permanently killing the Primals, or possibly driving them mad since we saw Titan attacking kobolds and he was previously shown to be super protective of them.
The masked man, Ilberd, is rallying the Ala Mhigan refugees into going to get their shit back. He may or may not be in possession of some kind of super power, or Omega.

This is the text on the Triple Triad card of the younger brother and sister card.

“My name may be unfamiliar to you, but doubtless you know of my sister. That would be KanE Senna, Elder Seedseer of Gridania and supreme commander of the Order of the Twin Adder. Together, we are known as the three Seedseers─my sister, myself, and our younger brother, A'Ruhn'Senna.”

I fucking love titan extreme, I will do that fight anytime I see a pf for that shit.

>This is the text on the Triple Triad card of the younger brother and sister card.
And nothing says that they are related by blood. Padjal call each other brother/sister even without relation.

I can't remember where it's written now, but they described the Senna family as a very reputable family in Gridania because members of the bloodline get chosen extremely often to become padjal.

Found it on the OF. Scroll down to Fernehalwes' post.
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/61317-Padjal-Naming-Conventions

>There are several old Hyur families in Gridania which consistently (albeit rarely) produce Padjals. Those include the Senna, the Yan, and the Pesi families.
They're blood sisters.

I thought the discussion was regarding if the other Senna's were Kan-E Senna's daughters?

I recommend ESO to everyone if WoW is not what you are looking for. It's pretty different and feels like an actual RPG, but if you care about rushing trough content then you shouldn't touch it with a stick.

>Have every crafter to 60
>poor

HOW?! Just take a look at the market board, they even made it easy and put hearts next to items that are selling fast. I got all my crafters to 60 and I have like 65 million gil and I'm not even trying.

Can't wait for fish value to shoot up on the marketboard

youtube.com/watch?v=A2eU2CG3WN8

Yes, there was a thread with someone complaining about the new indian gear in the latest patch (muh cultural appropriation), but most of the thread pretty much told him/her to pound sand. Everyone is tired of the sjw shit, except NeoFAG

Also, best party

is this guy the vaati of ff14

Yep, spot on.

I got an A8 run with 7 lalafells once, that was kinda funny. I was a femroe

Except his theories are pretty sound most of the time

Seems like a nice girl, would marry.

Ethys is a real nigga fuck you dawg

I know many people that play it, but they hate it. But they can't stop playing due to their "internet boyfriends/relationships".
Shit's sad.

>to preserve genetic diversity we will... breed only with those similar to one another
This will forever be Cred Forums's dumbest idea. On the most basic levels of biology this won't ever make sense in the long term. This is how widespread diseases spread and kill massive portions of the population (like entire races) in tiny timeframes.

Even if you were just doing it to preserve the "beauty" of your "pure" race, the idea that humanity reaches to homogeniety appearance-wise in any timeframe other than the sun exploding is retarded and betrays a distinct lack of understanding of genetics.

nande

I really like your cat man

captcha tricked me with it's robot words

What's the best profession/side-job to earn dosh? Just started and want to plan to get an apartment when they add it in

>Balmung

That server is fucking cancer

>profession

for crafting you literally need them all if you want to make good money

otherwise fishing/botany. you can still make money but it's not even close

Crafting and fishing(sounds comfy to do it after day with pubs)it is then, thanks.

you absolutely don't need to level ltw.

Balmung is like a oxymoron. A big tumblr safe zone and at the same time fascist like the 3rd reich.

waste not II is extremely useful for HQ crafting

That's not an oxymoron. If you don't think SJWs aren't fascists, you haven't been paying attention.

THEN WAIT
THEN GO
THEN WAIT
THEN GO
THEN WAIT X 3
THEN GO

fuck that game

oh yeah, the funniest thing about this game is how simple the fucking bosses are and the fact that people still have trouble clearing, or write shit like *MUST KNOW WHAT TO DO* in party finder.

every boss fight can be summed up to 15 -25 words for each fucking class. it feels like all the servers are just packed with ESL kids and phillipinos

Never judge a game by the people on Cred Forums who play it.

>every boss fight can be summed up to 15 -25 words for each fucking class

Good one

try to explain thordan extreme in 25 words

try to explain A3S in 25 words

>Remember the other EX Primals you fought? Do all those mechanics again when you see them.

*dies to divebomb mechanic*

Koji "Muh Succor" Fox is a bad localizer, prove me wrong.

In many cases, he isn't localizing. A lot of the writing is done in English first and then translated to Japanese.

Except all the mechanics that are absent from other ex primal fights right?

A3S. I can explain it in two: Fucking Bullshit.

>A lot of the writing is done in English first and then translated to Japanese.
Except when it clearly isn't and most EU localizations side with the japanese version?

Either way Koji is a hack. He's only good for gobs and metal.

As a poor-fag and new player, I'm hyped for the new apartments.

>poor-fag
Hate to break it to you, but a room will be 500.000 and limited to 90 rooms a apartment each ward.

Someone clearly didn't git gud enough.

Source, and no the reddit census doesn't count.

This is fucking disgusting.

Sluice.

>sources i disagree with don't count

>sources I pull out of my ass are treated as facts

Drawing info from the lodestone to see player numbers isn't pulling things out of anyone's ass but Yoshi's.

>drawings info from a website that barely updates and saying the hundreds of thousands of people who haven't beat nidhogg aren't active players isn't pulling things out of anyone's ass

>website that barely updates
It updates at least once a day man.
>hundreds of thousands of people who haven't beat nidhogg
>hundreds of thousands of players aren't caught up on the main story
You're fucking insane.

I have 1.7 mill.

>FFXI's fame and fortune were used to create this monstrosity
>meanwhile my favorite MMO just shut down this year
feels strange

once a day is barely an update

ffxivcensus.com/
>9 million characters
>232k have beaten Heavensward completely
so I guess anyone who is on Thordan doesn't count as a active player.

Dark knight fun?

You're saying hundreds of thousands of people only just recently subbed and have all paused just after Thordan? You also need to take bots and alts into account.

I'm saying that hundreds of thousands of people are actively playing but haven't beaten Heavensward yet so they aren't counted in the "active player" census.

Dark matter clusters. Also Fire/lightning clusters when you do that collectable desynth thing.

luckybancho census is more accurate and it doesn't count anyone that isn't level 20+, so bots and spammers are excluded.

>balmung
>white supremacists

Just bought the game, I guess I found server. Thanks v!

You're fucking delusional, man. There are just not that many people who haven't finished Heavensward. Their characters exist, but they will never finished Heavensward because... get this...
They aren't active players.

What about it? Just assign positions.

Good, but you should be aweare that those rooms are literally FC rooms you can get for 300k, if you're in an FC with a house.

Of course the apartments are still a better deal. FCs might disband or kick you for stupid reasons, thus you'll lose that FC room.

Just be quick on day 1. Best to stand next to the gate and NPC that leads you to the area of your choice.

I know 300 people on my servers Novice Network alone that hasn't even reached Heavensward yet and I play on a dead server.

Not even 1/3rd of the active playerbase has reached Heavensward. This is proven by the clear numbers of Gordias normal.

That's just ridiculous. I travel around the ARR zones frequently to fish and gather mats because I'm too cheap to buy them on the MB. I rarely see a soul in those zones, and the amount of people in Idyllshire eclipses the old world combined. Where are these hundreds of thousands of players hiding?

Tells us your server and I'll explain

If you wanted a fancy word for it, the word would be repatriation.

FFXIV: Repatriation

Doesn't roll off as well as I hoped.

Sargatanas

Sargatanas is a dead server on a garbage datacenter.
You share the same datacenter as Mateus, Jenova, Couerl, and other dead servers.

Have you tried Revenant's Toll? On my server there's still a shitload of people.

Yeah, I was just there last night during prime hours and it's empty.

Sarg is midrange in its population. So are all these hundreds of thousands of people condensed onto Gilgamesh and Balmung? Servers that you have to pay transfer money to get a character into?

Y-Yeah you guys! You b-b-big meanie heads!

Sarg is low population according to the recent census. Gilgamesh and Balmung are the only two megaservers on that datacenter, the rest are absolutely dead on Aether.

On Primal, there's more medium population servers as people are more spread on those servers instead of being forced to roll on one of two megaserver.

>Sarg is midrange in its population
Ultros has just as many players and that's considered to be a dead meme server

I can only say you deserve what's coming to you.

How's Midgardsomr as a server?

Any server on Aether that isn't Gilgamesh or Balmung is dead.

According to the OF, SE just trademarked the word STORMBLOOD

But there's plenty of people and Im having fun...

Well fuck. I'd jump ship but I already have a cool static here.

Thank god I bought my two magitech robots from the Station Moggle and didn't waste my time grinding MVP for that golden one.

Yeah, it's really cool that Yoshi lets us skip the grind for just a few bucks! Now I have more time to spend with my wife and her son! :^)

good that you're having fun but there's not plenty of people.

out of 50 feast matches and hundreds of DF queueson aether, the majority of my matches have been people from balmung or gilgamesh. the dead datacenter thing is really going to show when the cross server PF comes in 3.5 and the majority of PF is full of balmung RP and gilgamesh reddit memes

Now he needs to give us the option to skip all those stupid quests and leveling!

I know several people in real life who have been subbed to FF14 for years and still haven't finished the Heavensward story.

You are completely wrong in your assumptions that being up to date on the story is the norm. It's actually the minority. That's what happens when the story is 250 hours long if you do it at a leisurely pace.

Isn't stormblood a MTG card?

I've met people in-game with level 60 in multiple crafts but still haven't even touched past story mode Thordan. They played for probably hundreds of hours yet they aren't counted in that "census".

companies trademark things all the time, doesn't mean they use em.

nintendo owns the trademark shit for a mario porno just so it never sees the light of day.

honestly
mmo without the social is absolutely fucking worthless, because even the best MMO combat is still pretty bad, unless you count stuff like DFO/PSO2 which are more like MH lobby games

This game gives you plenty of opportunities to be social, it just never forces it upon your like FFXI where you were literally stuck and can't progress if you couldnt find anyone to kill this high level monster at 3AM on your server or wait hours for more people to get on

This so much, I'm mexican and I find all the luchador masks and sombreros funny as hell. I'd probably wear the shit out of them actually

People are going to be skeptical people they're shits with no awareness, but it's probably the expansion at this specific timing and with that name given that the Ala Mhigan's primary god has domain over storms and blood.

People keep saying Gilga is better. so i made an alt and played on it for about 2 months. Half the server is just idle and dont play the game. It may have more savage clears, but other than that, its like any other server.. Besides Matues. That one is truly dead.

I made an alt on it before the current patch and by now I have a raiding group, some extreme birbs and other stuff so maybe you should stop waiting until people come and organize everything for you.

Funny thing is that even though Gilgamesh is considered to be "the ultimate raiding server" Gilgamesh is still massively behind Japanese servers when it comes to Savage clear rates despite having a shit ton more players.

It also doesn't help that the reason Balmung/Gilgamesh are locked nearly 24/7 is because there's a crap ton of RMT bots that teleport hack in dungeons to farm easy gil to sell to other players.

>Want to be on an RP server
>Don't want to be part of the self-perpetuating Balmung problem
Bah. I wonder if I can tame a small server to follow me.

There's RP on every server, you just have to look for it.

I still find it funny how there can be an FC of bots. Like ive seen like 3, with 2 of the FC actively just farming unspoiled nodes. And i had no idea the bots had to farm gil to give people gil. I just thought botters just gave gil out of thin air to people for money

A RMT seller will have a multibox account setup of multiple BLM bots and just run Wanderer's Palace or Ampador Keep over and over. They pull all the mobs and then teleport hack to a unreachable location to nuke them all, collect the gil, and then zone out of the dungeon and repeat. With multiple bots doing this 24/7, that's how RMT sellers make a millions of gil and then sell it to other players before they get banned.

The funny thing is Square Enix could have fixed this by removing the gil from enemies from those dungeons but they still haven't 3 years later.

I know right?

In instances and/or their FC housing.

I like how that entire thread was just the OP getting shitted on for being a pussy

>only place to actually talk about the game
Fuck off anytime.

>"it's my first MMO!"

OF is truly cancer.

youtube.com/watch?v=EfZ4kASLJQY

HAVE SOME MORE VANILLA
HAVE SOME MORE VANILLA
HAVE SOME MORE VANILLA
TITAN

Reddit is the best place to talk about the game though. Not that I mind Cred Forums threads since it's a bit more lax.

>"SCH/WAR are fine"
>Get downvoted to oblivion

TIMED UNDERWATER ESCORT LEVEQUESTS

>Finally got this FATE after thinking it was a myth.

Still not fought Odin or Behemoth though.

>Eos and DT are fine

You deserved it.

What type of buffs do you think AST will be getting in 3.4? They said they will be adjusting their cards and shields and the changes will seem shocking to expert players but how exactly?

I thought solar yak was a myth until I fought it

it only spawns like once a week at very odd times

More vain potency buffs that do nothing to address the problem.

I doubt it will be just potency buffs since Yoshi said that the change list will be long. It looks like he's implying that they are going to change how the job works similar to how they changed WAR back in ARR.

They will probably upgrade the potency of cards.
Arrow = 10% to 20%
Spear = 20% to 30%
Balance/Bole = 10% to 20%
Ewer = 50 to 80 potency

It's probably what they meant by "terrific".

I hate this. I picked a dead as fuck server. At least my FC is pretty nice although a bit normalfaggy and I gotta spam emoticons and emotes to fit in.

I don't think I ever seen my server with more than 3 parties in the party finder.

You probably won't kill Odin anyway. At level 60 Odin one to two shots most tanks and cuts swaths of mass destruction through the hordes of people trying to kill it. It's hilarious to watch really.

20% is a huge fucking increase and if they keep how royal road works then you could double it to 40%

AST would be taken to every single group

>Yoshi said that the change list will be long
Yeah, a long list of potency buffs ranging from 5-10 potency difference.
> It looks like he's implying that they are going to change how the job works similar to how they changed WAR back in ARR.
lmao i really hope you're right, but i really doubt it.

>Send my chocobo to Odin lvl 54
>Get obliterate by a 94k hit

You don't fuck with Odin.

Isn't that what they want?
To kill the obligatory spot of the SCH/WHM and AST become the main healer taken?

>solar yak

what?

>DRK becomes the next DPS tank

I can dream!!!

AST right now is pretty much interchangeable with WHM, with those changes WHM would become obsolete.

DRK is a parry tank and will probably stay that way forever.

They would deserve it, WHMs have been smug cunts for far too long.

Got any salsa user?

WAR is the parry tank. Their tank stance is built around increasing their parry for each weaponskill they do. They even have Raw Intuition.

So i'm reading through this thread

and see the descriptions for U'ldah, Gridania and such

and this post killed me

way better than the /vg/ threads of this fucking game
>Ala

>war is the parry tank
You clearly haven't played war

>tfw your whm is the shittiest member of your static and can barely play his job after 2 years
>tfw he'd probably have a meltdown if he tried managing cards as well as heal because he sure as fuck can't manage to throw a few dots during downtime

>DRK is a parry tank
and you clearly haven't played drk

Either you main SCH or this is bait.

And DRK has Dark dance, and skill that react to parries like Reprisal which can only be affected by parries or Low blow that get its CD reset after a parry.

WAR doesn't have any mechanic like this.

DRK is a parry tank.

I will still dream! I mean it has the kit for it but its pretty weak and the MP management minigame thing can fuck things up if you mess up bad.

400 potency Soul Eater and 450 Carve and Spit aren't good enough for you tho?

How's this

A) WAR and DRK are both parry tanks because they both parry instead of blocking with a shield

B) there are no parry tanks in this game because parry is worthless

mfw im lvl 44 glad and i still havent gotten a job

its so fucking autistic to grind mobs just for leveling a marauder or conjurer, there has to be a faster way to grind this bullshit

MNK has Featherfoot, and a skill that react to evasions like Haymaker which can only be affected by evaded attacks. They also have a skill that reduces damage taken as long as its active.
DRK has Dark Mind, and a skill that reacts to it like Dark Arts which can only be affected by magic attacks.

MNK is a evasion tank.
DRK is a magic tank.

I use Carve and Spit for mana like 90℅ of the time. I just want to be stupid good like WAR. I dont like axes too much.

get a friend to carry you through some camp tranquil leves. It'll take 30 minutes at most spamming the necro and eggs leve. It might even be faster, I don't remember.

hunting log, fates and levequests

stupid fuck

Dungeons you stupid fuck! What is wrong with you!?

>mfw im lvl 44 glad and i still havent gotten a job
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!
Are you an idiots?

Just fucking farm PotD or do your hunting log you cunt, holy shit getting a CNJ to lvl 15 is piss easy.

MNK can't tank for shit.
And yes DRK is also the magic tank of the game.
Your point being?

>FFXIV players

Actually, the "FFXIV players" were shitting all over this retard in that thread.

Use blood price and syphon strike more. If you're constantly running out of MP and letting darkside run off you're using Dark Arts too much.

Kinda wish Carve and Spit would jsut do both like the WHM's Assize.

This thread needs more Cat pictures!

What's this chick thread about?

I find using CnS for MP more useful if I can just keep using Dark Arts more for damage. It evens out the MP regeneration for me. I could try something new and utilize CnS for damage as well.

>I dont like axes too much.
Nigga u gay

It's an MMO, therefore shit.

There really needs to be more of the Special Fates.

They're too rare at the moment. I know that adds to their mystique but It shouldn't be the case that barely anyone sees them.

She was offended by the native american inspired gear and wanted SE to carter to her feeling.
Even though she's not a native american.
And that multiple native american in the threads were actually happy about the gear.

The female one looks cute as fuck too

B-but my Guts sword. I dont like the lack of cool axes the most actually. I'll level it to 60 eventually. I promise.

They're announcing 4.0 at fan fest in October, right?

Taking a break from heavensward to play legion with friends but it's just not the same

CnS is usually never worth it for MP unless you are really desperate for it (example: out of MP and brute justice assembles and aggros to your healer when he lands).

A 450 potency oGCD attack is way too good to pass up over 1000 something MP and 100 potency.

SEE registered bloodstorm as a trademaek. 4.0?

yeah fan fest will most likely have expansion info

Cool, I'll try that next time.

It literally takes one hour tops to get to level 15. Hunting Log is basically free exp, but I bet you aren't even aware of its existence since you are obviously retarded.

The next time you enter a dungeon you will probably get kicked by the way, you won't be able to do your job.

I think patch 3.4 adds war bonnets. And she went on a tirade about how SE should remove them from the western release because it's insensitive towards native americans as this headdress has, historically, to be earned through great deeds or some shit like that whatever.

As you said, it's because they are rare that they are special.

Also I like the fact that they follow the lore of Odin and that the last person who kill Odin become the new Odin.

I know. How can FFXIV even compete?

Is there any culture that commonly thinks neutral representation in media is a bad thing? I don't know anyone that bitches about cultural appropriation of their own culture and I've always lived in minority neighbourhoods.

Koreans maybe?

>Koreans maybe?
Nah, a lot of Koreans mmo have their own religious themed outfit in their game in the western release.

Stormblood, but yeah, probably. The timing of their trademark is happening right before what's more or less assured to be an expansion announcement, and it lines up with the expectation that we're going to Ala Mhigo because Rhalgr.

I like it

Most fun of the tanks, IMO. Lots of buttons to press. If you're not weaving at least one off-global every GCD or two, you need to press more buttons.

Oh but IIRC a bunch of Hindus bitched abotu the skin of that one robot guy from Overwatch and also how Shiva had visible breasts in Smite (even though she's often portrayed new in their pictures...)

I just wish there was a reason to go out and do special fates other than for glamour. Imagine how much more populated those old FATEs would be if you earned tokens or something to upgrade your gear like Hunts.

nude*

>She was offended by the native american inspired gear and wanted SE to carter to her feeling.
That explains the indian to cowboy change of OTHER GAME

>making raiding even more irrelevant

It doesn't have to be best in slot equipment. I could be like a side upgrade to Lore gear like i235 gear or something. Something to shake up the formula that is run the same dungeon and raid over and over.

This game looks pretty fun, especially the boss fights but I don't have an income so I can't invest in a subscription game. Does it have something similar to WoW's token?

Please, I'll show you how to shill!

Revelation Online!

There's too many features to list here, so have this: pastebin.com/iYdSau5R

No it doesn't.

But user, you really can't afford 11usd a month?

They aren't rare, they happen every 3 days. I've seen all of them countless times since hunt linkshells usually announce them.

>Have outfit representing a culture
>Get mad about it

Yeah, no if that were the case most of Europe would be fucking angry over all the over designed knight armors.

I would kill to have a Mexican poncho and big ass sombrero in this game for my character and make him a Machinist.

I'm a broke college student so most of my money goes towards gas, food, and books.

that's a good thing, though
an MMO where you're never forced to make relationships and cooperate with other players is no kind of MMO
almost every relationship I made in FFXI was based on helping people through things like CoP/ZM missions, level cap quests, etc

you wont ever get the same experience from clicking the dungeon finder

>hunt linkshells

>Try to enter one
>Finally get invited
>Get kicked 2 days later because I wasn't "active enough"
Every.
Fucking.
Time.

>An imaginative story with fully voiced cutscenes
>solo chink MMO with shitty "yuo are savior" questline
nah

save up your lunch money then, if you could save at least 2 dollars a day then you can afford a months worth of gametime by the end of the week.

It's not solo at all, though. You're basically forced to level with other people past level 40.

>past level 40
wow great user that sounds fantastic
will it be the same as leveling to 200 in tree of savior

>That webm
>Literally rape

This emote probably won't be in the western release.

Well, Gilga and Balmung have a considerable amount more clears than the other NA/EU servers. So as far as westerners are concerned they are the "ultimate raiding servers."

It probably has something to do with cultural attitudes, loot lockouts and restrictions, and the fact that NA/EU typically form statics instead of pugging. But I'm not going to pretend to be on an expert on that.

you're forced to make relationships and cooperate in FFXIV if you want to do any sort of endgame raiding or pvp. especially if you aren't on a megaserver, you have to know people on your small server or else you won't get anything except casual LFR mode stuff clered.

>lolis
Good enough for me.

>Duty Finding Keeper of the Lake for Relic
>Dungeon going fine
>Reach second boss
>Everyone buffs up, MNK keeps pointing and motioning at me because we have an LB bar
>Shirtless catboi WAR heading towards boss
>Hit the LB, fight goes fine
>Tank is pissed but only says "rly?"
>Soon as the fight is over "you have been dismissed from the party and the instance."

Okay then.

Balmung has less content clear rates than dead NA/JP servers despite being the biggest NA server right now. People don't raid on Balmung, they roleplay.

If anyone cared about raiding in this game, they would transfer to a English speaking JP server right away like Tonberry.

I wonder if this person cried about appropriation when they released the vanu vanu dance too.

I hope not. They haven't said anything about censoring.

>Be on Balmung
>Don't RP
>Filled with crafters because everyone is too casual to raid
>Everything that isn't glamour is dirt cheap

It has it's perks.

I don't understand.

People cried about the vanu dance, but not about appropriation. That time, the problem was that females do the dance with less power, as they do in the actual real life haka dance that the vanu dance is based on. Funny how in that instance, it didn't matter that the real dance in a real culture was different because IT'S A FANTASY WORLD.

>>Everything that isn't glamour is dirt cheap
So you simply can't make any money since every price is run in the ground by undercuter.

You did do savage content right Cred Forums?
You are one of those people who get to praise A6S and A8S in the same way t9 was praised right?
You're not a casul are you?

What class do I play if I only care about getting big damage numbers on bosses and don't care about contributing to my party?

Still haven't beat A6S since I'm not in a static.

Monk.

Is the heartattack inducingly cute Miqo'te kitten in Idyllshire relevant yet?

black mage, monk has mantra so you want to avoid playing that

I just joined my first static (completely newly formed)
I'm really excited

She's going to get NTR'd next patch.

BLM.
BIG damgage with BIG explosions.
Virtually no utility for the party beside your massive dick.

Ninjas save wipes from bad tankswaps all the time with their enmity control

There's a new miqot'e kitten even smaller and cuter in 3.4.

There are no perks with Balmung.

You got a degenerate community that's shared by the worst general on /vg/, a party finder that has more advertisements about looking for cat GFs than actually doing content, it's difficult to make good money since the MB is ruined by hundreds of undercutters and RMT buyers/sellers, and on top of that you're on a dead datacenter who's only competition is a server that every baddie on Reddit transferred to because they heard it was the "raid server".

Pics or gtfo

I'm thinking about maining NIN instead of SMN next patch, do NIN still suffer from bad AoE dmg? It's really tedious doing dungeon as a NIN because of their sucky AoE.

The only enjoyable thing about a6s is that it sets the foundation for a8s. It was annoying to learn and once you learned it it was boring because each individual robot didn't have many mechanics and died in two minutes.

Just play Granblue Fantasy OP. It has better Au'Ra, Lala, and C@s, more grinding then you could ever want, and lots of waifus.

I guess technically I pulled the boss, before the tank hit it, but I never got aggro even after the LB so he must have hit it before the LB went off otherwise i'd have gotten wrecked by the boss. Maybe the sound of the LB being triggered before he hit the boss pissed him off. I got nothin' otherwise.

They buffed NIN AoE not too long ago. It's improved now but no where near as good as SMN or MNK.

I like Reclamation personally

Monk or BLM

What?

She's not cuter than the other one...not even close.

Some people hate when the LB is used other than the finishing blow.

Here I fixed your dumb picture.

What about the jumps?

MNKs aren't popular because DRK can apply INT down, and because litany/disembowel and trick attack/shadewalker more than make up the discrepancy in dps.

oGCD aren't a part of your rotation. Apart from the opener, you use them as soon as they're up and there's only a handful of special cases like geirskogul, but even that can be simplified to "If you have 21s at the start of your combo with appropriate sks, use it." You could make a "rotation" fucking 10 minutes long and put all the ogcds on it but there's no point besides making it look complicated to the uninformed.

NIN or DRG? I'm getting close to 34 for B4B

NIN

Mom!

DRG if you want numbers, NIN if you want utility.

NIN is much more forgiving too.

I once got kicked at the first boss of a level 60 dungeon for disputing the claims of an incompetent girl and her whiteknight tank that no one must use an LB until the final boss because otherwise it wouldn't be fully charged to two levels.

The fact that it doesn't begin to charge the second tier until you're at the boss was lost on them, as was the fact that the one gauge would be fully recharged long before the final boss.

The girl also did less than 300 dps as a BLM in ilvl 200 gear. She made sure to tell me I had no idea how to play DD before kicking me though.

>T9 Farm parties
>We get bonus
>No one want to say who's new
>"Well it's alright if they know what to do"
>Proceed to wipe 5 times in the row in the very first fucking phase

in the case of T9, it's very easy to spot who's new on the first attempt if they fuck up the meteors. just point them out and kick em.

>hosting SephEx farm
>bonus shows up
>we let it slide
>WHM keeps dying but is carried by the SCH
>we clear it on the first run
>"i only have it in me to do this once"
>WHM leaves