"Agent Denton, did I ever tell you about my contemporary, Adam Jensen? Although we were both mechanically augmented...

>"Agent Denton, did I ever tell you about my contemporary, Adam Jensen? Although we were both mechanically augmented, his mechanical augmentations were completely unlike my mechanical augmentations. His were far more compact, sleek, and powerful than mine, rivaling (and in some cases, outclassing) nanoaugmentations which are, for all intents and purposes, intended to obsolete mechanical augmentations by lightyears. Not only that, he was almost perfectly able to integrate with society without his mechanical augmentations being noticed, a feat unaccomplished by even the most covert nanoaugmented agents, and certainly unaccomplished by an old box of bolts like me whose mechanical augmentations are plainly visible across his entire body! He was a good friend."

How would no one notice the sunglasses implanted directly into his eyes. Did they ever give a reason for those?

Maybe you should think about getting a job

I vanted orange!

>prequels

Deus Ex is a prime example of a game that should have been a single game with no sequels.

The new games are really just a new series in a new universe with some token references to the original.

Yes, the original post was intended to convey disdain towards prequels.

>comparing a grunt soldier with augs constructed by the lowest bidder to the pet project of an unhinged billionaire with an aesthetics boner the size of the moon

>he was almost perfectly able to integrate with society without his mechanical augmentations being noticed
People constantly comment on his augmentations, especially in Mankind Divided

By time Deus Ex 1 starts the mechanical augmentation industry is long dead. There's no more designer augmentations left. The only ones available are ugly looking but functional.

If Adam Jensen is still alive by that point he probably looks like Gunther as well. His Sarif augs would need replacement at some point.

Different developers, different story, different messages

If they ever go full evil and try to reimagine Deus Ex 1, Anna and Gunther will look "badass" and all of their augs will be inspired by their original designs but not at all faithful.

God I hope they never touch the original.

Good points. Plus they kinda covered this issue with real world advancements, like widescreen monitors and tvs while the original Deus Ex had the old tv format. Better to just retcon that stuff instead of trying to explain it.

Why would they? Mankind Divided already has lots of augs that look like Anna and Gunther. Most of them have scrap augmentations or are just straight up missing limbs.

stop trying to pretend the eidos montreal games' plot lines up with the original deus ex in any way

They do whether you like it or not.

The reason is they are fucking cool. If get that shit in a heart beat.

Remember when a large portion of humanity died in the 2030's?

Or that huge global economic collapse?

I hope this happens

Their vision wasn't augmented.

You're kidding right, Mankind Divided is practically a love letter to the original. So many references, tie ins, in-jokes

No need to go for the sequel. The Missing Link DLC, that comes integrated with the Director's Cut version, only exists to confirm that they are in the same timeline.

Goddamnit, there was nothing wrong with IW on its own merits (other than the choice in playable character kinda fucks with the game's narrative, the illusion of choice in story, and the REALLY bad voiceacting). But it had the difficult, nearly impossible task of having to stack up against the original DE.

>They do
No, read the thread to see why you're wrong.
>whether you like it nor not
Kill yourself you retard.

too bad HR is better than the original

They just said they do before HR came out to ease in the fact that it was secretly a reboot.

>read the thread to see why you're wrong
>just you and some other autist crying that it's not because

Remember when even more people died over the ensuing years because the whole world went to shit

Not the guy.
You're just saying that the Eidos' ones are because .

Everything in HR and MD lines up with the original outside of the cosmetic shit (paper books, newspapers and crt tvs in dx) which would have made no sense and could be fixed with just a slight graphical patch anyway.
Everyone who has mechanical augs in the original hates it and doesen't want to talk about it, plus there's so few of them. For all we know there are others still living in ghettoes by the time of dx, it's just never shown.
They do contradict the deus ex bible but that also contradicts the actual game, it was just a development bible. But by this point the prequels set up every major character from the original outside of maybe anna navarre, paul denton and JC. Hell MD even has a sidequest that acts as an origin story for silouette.

I tried recently to play deus ex, the original. I never toched that game before.

WTF this shit is unplayable.
I would not say anything about the story as I dont got the chance to enjoy it, but the gameplay mechanics of the original have not aged well Im afraid