Was this the best sports game ever made?

Was this the best sports game ever made?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XBinxNwAN5s
youtube.com/watch?v=PgxK1AlB__Y
youtube.com/watch?v=GTt1Dxn3zfw
youtube.com/watch?v=pKPErdLxFW8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>that
>fucking
>intro

youtube.com/watch?v=XBinxNwAN5s

It was strangely violent for a mario game

only flaw is that you can just teleport into the goals with some characters. the Mario Baseball games are pretty solid too

I only knew the GC one.
What was different with this one?

more teammate options and they each had their own charged shot,specials,multistrikes, different ball mechanics,and unique jukes

They ramped up the edginess a thousand fold, yet it somehow works out. Damn good music and effects, too.

youtube.com/watch?v=PgxK1AlB__Y

youtube.com/watch?v=GTt1Dxn3zfw

Each character had their own theme.

>princess kidnapped by fire breathing monster
>art direction fit for 10 years old
>play football
>everyone looks like they're out for blood

I never get it, but these somehow feel like good decisions

>Petey Piranha as a playable character

So far so good

>I have nothing else to say except that I fucking love this game

Might have to clean the dust off of my wii later

Thunder Island best stadium
Wario is the best captain
Dry Bones best teammate
Waluigi has the best theme
youtube.com/watch?v=pKPErdLxFW8

Reminds me of the music on Punch Out Wii.

In the GC one every character was pretty much the same.

In this one every chara has different stats and abilities, so do the teammates, you can arrange your teammates however you want, you can charge the ball by passing too. Some characters had a teleport move that went further depending on how charged the ball was, at full charge you could teleport directly into the net.

I fucking love petey piranha in any game he's in

3 on 3 Mario B-ball is the best Mario sports game until you fight against the FF characters.

I fucking love the art design in these games, Next Level should make a third one on NX.

Absolutely. Too bad we'll most likely never see another one now that Superstars is a thing. Looking forward to whatever NLG is doing next.

>a third one on NX
I didn't buy the wii U, but this would probably be enough to make me buy the NX (given that Mario Kart and SSB will almost certainly be released as well, at some point).

I just wish they would stop fucking around with Paper Mario.

i love both striker's games and next level games was doing great with nintendo properties until federacion force. i hope they get the chance to make a third one

they look so cute when all serious

>Tecmo Super Bowl
>Super Dodge Ball
>Wii Sports
>League Bowling
>Neo Turf Masters
>Nintendo World Cup
>Mini-Putt
>NBA Jam
>Nekketsu Street Basket Ganbare Dunk Heroes

All better. Arguably some others as well.

It actually was. Next Level Games is based as fuck.

>Peach getting tackled into the electric fence

>What was different with this one?
Everyone had ugly ass armoured suits which ruined previous game's designs

>charged football

Wait so did euros get that added at the back end because for us burgers, it was just Mario strikers charged. I guess without adding football at the end, you guys might have thought it was cricket or whatever else you guys play over there

>Dry Bones best teammate
my fucking nigger
>that hip hop victory theme

fuck yes. That game made Dry Bones my favorite Mario enemies, if not tied with Sniffits

amerifats had the word football removed because they'd be too stupid to understand that it was actual football

Original was Mario Smash Football in the EU so they kept the words 'Mario' and 'Football' for the sequel.

The best quick mindgames game next to Smash about Nintendo characters. Too bad it never caught on, because it had a lot of neat tricks that were never intended by the developers that abused the game in several ways to always guarantee goals, making each match a heated struggle to prevent your opponent from performing said tricks while trying to perform said tricks yourself. You had to build your team around your own playstyle with this in mind, where you could choose to be more offensive or defensive, if you wanted to rely more on difficult tricks or if you wanted to have some heavy firepower because charged shots from a distance were still viable despite the numerous guaranteed goal tricks. Thanks to all this, the game is almost perfectly balanced, with the only thing being sort of random is the items you get which might be both good or bad for you, but you still have to be smart about how you use them, because it generally depends on your opponent if you get them or not.

This was so much FUN, but no, gonna keep making thouse tennis and golf marios. I think Nintendo is too stale and that they are up their ass too much lately, they need to open up and give their western division more freedom.

>being triggered by "football"
Is there anything that won't trigger americans?

>tfw you just know Miyamoto probably hated everything about this game.
>tfw that just makes it even better.

Its such a shame Nintendo fans who never played Punch-out!! or this shit on NLG just for not being their Japanese gods.

There are no good sports games.

How else am I supposed to believe peach can tackle bowser into oblivion. Like with what shoulders is she gonna do that shit.

The soccer outfits wouldn't have fit with the aesthetic here anyway. Wasn't there like crazy arenas flying through the air in the middle of a tornado or some shit

Goddamn, they need to just remake this game. I can't pick it up again because I have no friends and the online is dead