youtube.com/watch?v=rxjOFd0YNo0
youtube.com/watch?v=2HoUwWem0wM
vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=resident evil
capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html
youtube.com/watch?v=nu4Ohu811Vk
youtube.com/watch?v=p4CcL-m8aB4
youtube.com/watch?v=uGE4-Cjxeko
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What features are you hoping will make it, OP?

I really do want lots of puzzles. The spider one shown gives me some hope that some interesting ones will make it in game.

I also NEED there to be some kind of twist or deeper meaning to the setting. Either do the secret lab under the mansion, move the game to a city, or do something equally surprising.

I just want it to be a proper Resident Evil in First Person.

I'm glad all the above features have been confirmed, but it doesn't mean jack shit if the game is constantly set pieces and ripping control out of your hands. To a degree? Fine, RE always had scripted shit, but the Mansion needs to be truly EXPLORABLE. I hope the main guy Ethan really plays like a Resident Evil game, and the other characters are more linear and scripted (like with Jill in Revelations.)

Also I can guarantee there's more to it than crazy rednecks. That photo from the demo "Are they watching us from that Helicopter" implies Umbrella is involved.

Hate saverooms because they're often more scary then most things in a RE game.
The feeling they give just makes leaving from there even worse.

They're keeping it intentionally vague, but there was 3D models shown of zombies and there will be more to it.

They will have the mansion, probably servant quarters and maybe a trailer park or something

That is easily the worst save theme in the mainline series.

>trying to fly under the radar by not putting "Resident Evil" in the OP
The demo is shit, and the full game doesn't look much better

I think it's great.

Strikes that balance between feeling beautiful but also broken and desolate. Perfect for a Save Room theme, a flickering light in the darkness.

>Actually filtering video game threads on a video game board.

Sasuga Cred Forums-kun.

>They will have the mansion, probably servant quarters and maybe a trailer park or something

I think it's supposed to be a plantation mansion in some southern state.

>inb4 nigger zombies

I get what you are saying user. I really like them compared to a lot of savepoints in other games. In the RE series they really are a moment to rest, where other games just make them a checkpoint or signifies a "point of no return".

I kinda agree. A bit too ambient for my tastes. They should have just used a slow or more sober ver. of Go Tell Aunt Rhody.

>first person
>vr

why chromatic aberration ?

Is VR supported for PS4 only or does PC have it too?

Gives a feeling off roughness and derelict I guess.

I like CA in Bloodborne.

>Is VR supported for PS4 only or does PC have it too?
I can't imagine VR being PS4 exclusive, that would be really shitty. Locking away customers for a new tech is really retarded.

VR needs all the software it can get so that people even buy them in the first place.

>Play the demo with headphones
>NOISES EVERYWHERE
>footsteps make dozens of different noises, even when just turning around
>random noises outside the house
>random noises inside the house
>Bump into shit all the time making a loud noise

I was pretty fucking spooked, to be quite honest. Then once I explored everything I got bored. But now I remember my experience as a weird fever dream. Which is pretty cool, so I'm excited for more of that shit.

Was the quick-turn in the older version of the demo?

I just noticed it.

I don't like it either, hopefully they will allow you to modify it. But, I suppose the intent of using it in this game is to "fog up" the distance to make it more "realistic" which is cool, but no where near perfected enough to be standard IMO. Just makes me want to rub my eyes.

>implying this shit won't get boring fast

Nope, that is new apparently. Seems like they are still modifying gameplay mechanics. People say the axe is a bit different too, but not enough for me to notice.

Where is any of this confirmed? Any good new footage aside from the TGS footage? Or is that all in there?

I think the sound design is pretty good. Seems like a prime candidate game to get spooked in if you feel like being in the mood for immersion.

other user here
nope it wont
i played the demo like a hundred times already and its still spooky and the fucking backdoor mannequin still gets me with a 50% chance despite i know it very well its there

>weapons from the trailers and ESRB rating
>mansion from capcom
>inventory from demo
>herbs and itembox from screenshots
>everything else from ESRB rating mostly

here:
>This is a survival-horror game in which players assume the role of Ethan, a man searching for his missing wife in a derelict mansion. From a first-person perspective, players explore the environment and use pistols, shotguns, flamethrowers, explosives and chainsaws to kill mutant creatures. Combat is accompanied by realistic gunfire, screams of pain, and exaggerated blood-splatter effects. As players progress through the story, cutscenes can depict instances of gore and intense acts of violence: a character’s arm dismembered by a chainsaw; a man’s leg taken off at the knee with a shovel; a character impaled through the face with a shovel. Some areas also depict mutilated corpses with exposed organs/viscera. The words “f*k” and “sht” are heard in the dialogue.

fucking reverse tone shite

It's mainly just stuff people have dug up.

Weapons and explorable mansion was confirmed from the ESRB leak.
Herbs were confirmed in pre-order bonuses and at the reveal.
The way the inventory works is in the demo.
Item Boxes were confirmed from a Tech presentation.
"Save Room Theme" is from a PS4 Theme I think.

>Hey I enjoyed something
>THAT'LL ONLY GET BORING SOONER OR LATER!

What's up with you, man?

Don't forget per-order bonuses. Scummy, but nothing of value loss if you skip it.

But Capcom can fuck off with their Season passes.

Alright, thanks user.

I'm really, really hoping this is basically just old school RE, but in the first-person, except for the tapes. I'd be happy if it were. I do wish it were in the third-person still but I'll take first-person, honestly.

please tell me this isn't the actual save room music. please.

I agree the season pass is scummy as shit.

It's par for the course now, still, doesn't excuse it. If Capcom wants me to burn 80 bucks they're really going to have to sell me on the game and the season pass content.

>generic Not "The Walking dead" soundtrack garbage.

I'm done with Singleplayer games anyway, multiplayer is the future.

It isn't.

It is.

It's not bad. It's not REmake save room music but honestly, it's pretty good ambience that achieves what RE save room music should.

>I'm done with Singleplayer games anyway, multiplayer is the future.

Your opinion on anything was invalidated anyway.

>plyaing singleplayer in 2016
Enjoy your generic open world garbage, AAA souless cinematic corridor shooters, copypasted GTA Clones, waifu sims and indie hipster garbage.

youtube.com/watch?v=v4vxDJKjoBI&ab_channel=reddress000

A spooky instrumental version of this would have been best choice for save room music.

>That slick new inventory
pics?

Can you guys redpill me on CA? I don't know what the fuck it is when someone mentions it

>multiplayer is the future.

That's why all those shoehorned multiplayer modes in singleplayer games are still so alive and well, right? Because multiplayer is what's important?

You have the same stupid mindset as publishers that have fudged the budgets for half the AAA games in the industry.

Thanks, I will.

Enjoy your skins and chests nu-gambling faggotry along with 12 year old griefers.

AWAY! AWAY!

>generic
>garbage x2
>soulless
>cinematic
>copypasted
>hipster

Your rebuttal contained 19 words, 7 of them were general buzzwords that don't actually describe anything except your biases. That's roughly 40% of your post.

>pics?

It's very easy to describe because it's in the demo.

You have slots like the first games, but instead of 6 or 8 you now have 12. However some items now take up more than one slot, like the bolt cutters for example, they take up two.

It's a good blend of RE1 and RE4 inventory. Not quite as micromanagement as 4, but also not quite "I can carry an arsenal with me, or 6 keys."

It's just a graphical effect that developers use that come in two flavors; the Red, blue, green borders around the outline of game artifacts or just blurriness in general. Please excuse the reddit image.

>burning items
You probably have to burn enemies you've killed to prevent them coming back alive again. Also these could just be something you have to choose one from at the start of the game or simply just item sets you find in the game. There's no official info about that image being pre-order bonuses is there?

Very minimalist. I'm pretty neutral on it, although I'm not a fan of the actual icons for items. It wouldn't hurt too much to use color.

The sound design is REALLY well done. It's as if the house itself is alive. Kinda reminds me of when I was young and alone in my room even the tiniest creak from the wall would make me shit my pants.

I prefer it when huds and prompts are black and white and pretty minimalist, when you start putting color there your eyes are suddenly much more drawn there, taking focus away from the game imo.

Wait, what does the inventory system look like? Anyone got sauce for that?!

Here
The top row of slots also function as quick equips.

>being hyped about Resident Hill

I agree with you on the HUD thing, but this isn't one. I also think it doesn't pause the game when brought up, so finding items should be easier with color and would be important in emergency situations.

Sorry, I'll be sure to think of your tastes before I start looking forward to a game again.

>Resident Hill

Are you trying to sell me on the game user?

>KOREAN
This seems like it might be Mia, and she seems to be in shock. She's saying, "Ethan! Ethan!"

>CHINESE
It's from the Dinner scene we've already seen.

>GERMAN
It's a file about Andre, Pete, & Clancy (the characters from the RE7 demo Sewer Gators show). It mentions they went missing on the 9th of this month, they drove from New Orleans to Dulvey (the fictional town of RE7, fyi), and that they were popular on the internet for their videos about abandoned buildings and haunted houses.

>RUSSIAN
This seems to be the game's main menu, the options screen specifically.

>FRENCH
Hasn't been translated yet, but it's the fuse box seen in the demo. This might be from the full game however, implying the demo area may be in the final game but the events will be different.

>ARABIC
Apparently this is the title screen or part of an opening cutscene. It says "Press Start".

Mia might be the murderer girl from the Clancy tape.

Does she come with the game?

youtube.com/watch?v=aq9mtRitnS8

Where are you getting these from, wizard??

It's from Capcom's recent annual report. It's an example of how they're handling localization in a different way.

NO NEW MENTIONS OF DMC REEEEEEEEEEEEE

SOURCE?
Most likely, if we are to assume the little girl is the final Baker family member. But then the question is how she is still small.
Also, if Mia is infected and turns into this, does that mean the MC will also change soon too?

Awesome, thanks man!

Thank you, user.
Also, DON'T REMIND ME REEEEEEEEE

>Capcom today
>Good

>no new DMC
Patience brother, the time will come and so will we

you are fucking retard because RE1-2-3 plays the same as SH-1-2-3-4

consider suicide

What spider puzzle? Footage?

Also, there is definitely a deeper meaning to the setting, you see an Umbrella helicopter in the demo.

DMC is dead tell they announce a new game.

This game looks like a Outlast clone or a run and hide with minimal combat. It will probably have less combat than even REMAKE.

nope
Mia went missing a month after the TV crew

Clancy, Andre and Pete : June
Mia: July

>i played the demo like a hundred times already and its still spooky
Are you legitimately autistic?

Sick meme, boyo.

It's in the lantern demo, give me a couple minutes to sift through the capcom streams and I will post it. It happens on top of the pedestal that is shown in the trailer.

its the only game that runs 60fps on the PS4 so no shit he plays only that one

>This game looks like a Outlast clone or a run and hide with minimal combat. It will probably have less combat than even REMAKE.

You do know that they haven't actually showed a proper enemy encounter yet?

The only thing we've seen is a split second of pistol shots at a burning family man, and a section we're you're playing as some girl hiding from the wife.

They still haven't actually showed the MC fighting for real, which we know he's capable of. It's too early to call this an Outlast clone.

So maybe it's the last baker.
Then who was little girl?

Never played a Resident Evil game, just been watching from the sidelines, should I play the originals or the remasters first to get into the series? And are any of the games outside of the main six worth it?
Probably shopuld mention that I plan to play them on PC and in chronological order.

>save theme is not a soft piano piece

FUCKING
DROPPED

What they are doing is trying to sell an AAA game that is less than 6 months away without barely any gameplay which means they are hiding something. Which is likely the game isn't doing well on focus tests

REmake, 2, and 3 are all worth playing for the genuine Resident Evil experience. Code Veronica and Zero suck and are skippable, IMO.

4 and 5 are entirely different games but still good. Don't expect the same atmosphere and horror from the previous games though.

Try REmake then, it got a PC re-release recently.

It's not really worth bothering with the original when the remake is head and shoulders superior.

2 and 4 are the best game in the series by the time 4 was released the old formula was old, busted and stale

>playing a short walking simulator demo "like a hundred times"
>not autistic

>inb4 "IT HAS COMBAT!!"
The demo doesn't.

>Code Veronica and Zero suck and are skippable, IMO

>Code Veronica is skippable
>recommends 5

Faggot detected. Pretty much every classic Resi game is worth playing if you're a fan of the older formula, except maybe tertiary shit like Survivor.

>similar controls means the game is the same!
I guess we need to add dinosaus as well, because after all, resident evil is the same as Dinocrisis.

Nu resident fans, everyone, probably a kid who started with IV.

>What they are doing is trying to sell an AAA game that is less than 6 months away without barely any gameplay which means they are hiding something. Which is likely the game isn't doing well on focus tests

Dude, they announced the game half a year before release, the game is basically done.

The real reason why they're being very tight-lipped is because they want people to speculate. They want people to go "Woah man what's this game gonna be like?" and examine very little information and turn over every rock.

All the obtuse demo shit? All this streaming and discussion like in this very thread? Free marketing.

Fuck you, man. Code Veronica is great.

LANTERN DEMO GAMEPLAY
youtu.be/2VwSEs39toc?t=21m10s
21:10 for the puzzle.
15:00 to see a cute girl play and lose.

>probably a kid who started with IV.

but thats obviously you
otherwise you wouldnt be shitposting because you arent getting another TPS action game ;^)

Sounded like shit on first listen but started to sound really good on second one, what gives?

Literally Outlast or any other indy first person game released in the last 5 years

>wanting a mainline FPS RE
>;^)
Faggot.

>Literally
Stop using words incorrectly please. Thanks.

Literally get fucked.

The game demo looks like shit

>triggered by FPS view despite 7 is what 1-2-3 would be in FPS view

Autism and retardation.

>I did it again.
I actually wish I did to be honest.
Didn't say it wasn't.

I have a feeling that this game is going to end up being really good. Gonna revitalize the series. Then Capcom will immediately shit it up with RE8 and 9.

>7 is 1-3 in first person
Good joke.

not an argument

First of all, the game isn't out yet. You can't make that kind of comparison based just on the demo.

yes i can

>I have a feeling that this game is going to end up being really good. Gonna revitalize the series.

They're are trying to pull another RE4. RE4 made RE5 and RE6 their best selling games ever. They had kind of put themselves in a corner after RE6, they made a fucking bombastic TPS that needed to sell 7 million, which it didn't. RE7 wasn't just a smart move, it was a necessary move. RE6 was too fucking expensive and huge, they had to scale down. You can't just up the ante forever.

>Crazy redneck family
>Protag it some schmuck we've never heard of

Oh boy this is truly just like my Resident Evils.

urgh, that'd be crap if they used trailer music.

>this is how delusional RE7 fags are
kill yourself, cocksucker

>RE7 isn't showing me everything this has no connection to old RE at all!

Woah, it's almost like...they're trying to keep things mysterious.

The demo fucking confirms Umbrella is involved in some way you fag.

Not that user, but If we are going to a flame war, can you tell me why it is ok to say stuff like but not compare a sequel in a game franchise to older titles in the same series?

I already know this game is gonna BTFO the shitposters. The Outlast segments are gonna mesh perfectly with the Resi segments due to the different MCs, the Bakers will have shown to be a forgotten-about Umbrella project that was under surveillance at one point, and it'll be a sleeper hit.

Is it going to have DENUVO?

yes

Jack Baker is gonna be an amazing character, and RE7 is gonna make RE great again

Stay mad butthurt gears of war babbies

>this is how butthurt RE4 kids are

topkek

ah yeah
i remember starting RE1 in '96 and be like "finally i get to explore the well known Spencer Mansion with the famous STARS members Chris and Jill"

I didn't say that, and there's a difference between making a comparison and

>people unironically want Resi's universe to be expanded upon further even though it hasn't been interesting in nearly a decade
>not just wanting Resi 2's remake to be out faster and for them to start working on a Resi 3 remake instead

>RE4 baby want RE2 ruined by shitty TPS action

no thanks

>Resident Evil
>the residents are actually evil

Capcom, I am proud

i want to tell aunt rhody everybodys dead

>assuming
Fuck off, faggot.

All you guys can say is "RE4 babby" and "stay mad". I'm willing to bet that most of you simpletons aren't even fans of the series. That, or you're in denial.

Tell her how much of a memeguzzling cunt you are instead.

>i bet you arent even fan of the series because you dont more of the shitty TPS action games that ruined the series

oh yeah, you sure are a big fan

>RE4 baby

The fuck are you talking about, retard? I'm hoping against hope that the Resi 2 remake is just going to be in the same style as REmake was, because RE2 is one of my favourite games of all time.

hand gel

I see you already got in a shitposting contest with someone else, but the problems i see with this game have nothing to do with the perspective at all, it's the theme and the tone of the game, it looks inspired by pschologycal horror and edgy gritty "humans are the real monsters!" new wave kind of bullshit that you see in your average Walking dead season, long gone is being just a cop trying to survive a zombie infestation.

I didn't say you did say that. My question still stands. Why is it not ok to compare, and why is it ok to say that someone is being delusional when doing so? The post you said that to was a response to some saying they could make a comparison.

>posts an RE4 image

>putting words in my mouth
You're the one who mentioned RE4, dumbass.

>tfw getting PTSD flashbacks from gun survivor just thinking about another FPS resident evil
It won't be as bad, right?

>Biohazard
>the residents arent actually biohazard

Don't be 2 proud of Capcom.

What is it about this game that makes it so fucking intriguing?

I actually can't stop looking for new info, it's like a fucking drug.

It's not a fair comparison if you're saying they're exactly the same aside from the camera.

From what we've seen so far, RE7 is lacking
>a variety of B.O.W.s
>weapon upgrades (parts)
>unlockable weapons and costumes
>puzzles that aren't time travel bullshit
>a lab
>atmosphere

This shilling campaign needs to end
Everybody knows it's shit

oh yeah please enlighten us what would be the right

there is nothing wrong with it and that new wave kind of bullshit is only what you made up yourself

>humans are the real monsters!

yeah Wesker, Krauser among many others were totally different

what a hyprocritical faggot

Rebecca is the best RE Girl.

>I actually can't stop looking for new info, it's like a fucking drug.

That's the point. This is their marketing ploy. If they just showered you with info you wouldn't care, but since they aren't it becomes interesting and you want to find out what the fuck RE7 actually is.

Capcom are a bit strapped for cash so marketing RE7 like this seems like a pretty good idea. Cheap and effective marketing, I just wish the demo was better for being replayed instead of seeing the same shit over and over again.

Both Wesker and Krauser mutated, though. We have yet to see any enemy in RE7 do that.

Capcom actually realizing that mystery is more attractive than a Michael Bay trailer.

Will they unboard the basement door in the next update? Can't wait to see what's down there

Anti-shills are more annoying than shills at this point.

Yeah, companies shill on Cred Forums, it's inevitable. What are you gonna do about it though? Some people are geniunely excited for RE7, hide the thread and move on.

>it's an 'all I can do with anyone who disagrees with me is call them an RE4 babby' episode

>Both Wesker and Krauser mutated,

yeah im sure the Baker family was born with superhuman abilities like breaking down a fucking wall and surviving multiple bullets and heavy burn injuries

you are a fucking retard

The bigger the marketing ploy the worst is the product senpai

It's like you never learn

>its an 'all i can do is call it a Outlast clone because i dont have other legitimate criticism'

I agree 100%. I also believe that RE7 is shaping up to be pretty similar to the older titles than the newer ones.
But to adress the things you've stated:
>a variety of B.O.W.s
Look up the photogrammetry photos and watch dev interviews and also the most famitsu translation. The bakers are not the only enemies confirmed. Let's just hope we see some good one.
>weapon upgrades (parts)
True, but the coins in the survival packs hint that their might be.
>unlockable weapons and costumes
We already know we start with a swiss army knife, then get axe, handgun, and shotgun. ESRB confirms chainsaws as well.
>a lab
I have no proof other than the umbrella photo. Lets hope that this mansion isn't literally just a mansion.
>atmosphere
Opinion.

I'm talking about a drastic, visible mutation.

Villains in RE were done in a pretty simplistic, obvious over the top kind of way, this one with the hillbilly bullshit looks inspired by stuff thats takes too seriously like the walking dead, psychologycail horror and new gore movies that try to be more than gore movies kind of trash, see hostal. Honestly it looks like it was being made by Kojimbo productions instead of Capcom, RE died with CV.

ESRB leak confirms "mutated monsters"

I see a lot of people shitting on CV lately but yeah, if you like the first three CV is definitely worth giving a shot.

The only thing interesting about RE7 was the finger
And it was a bug
Now Capcom tries to pull the same shit again and literally no one is playing the demo on twitch
People are getting smarter
Marketing ploys only work with kids these days
WAIT UNTIL THE GAME GETS RELEASED AND STOP WASTING YOUR TIME

youtu.be/2VwSEs39toc?t=21m10s
>atmosphere
I respectfully disagree, in my opinion they nailed the atmosphere of the house as well as the sound design in general. It actually feels like you're in a dilapidated shack of shit with every single wooden creak and footstep. Opening every door still instills fear within me.

Although I guess if you regard atmosphere as the traditional RE atmosphere with oppressive music playing as you walk through a dimly lit mansion, then RE7 is a departure from that.

>it's a "post an RE4 meme while saying horror is shit but I totally am not an RE4 babby" episode

Yeah Albert Teleport Wesker sure had visible mutation before he got killed.

its like you have reading comprehension or just ignore what the devs say

you are a complete retard and a fucking memester shitposter
the game doesnt take itself seriously, capcom literally said that you are playing a regular dude so you wont be taking on giant spider and shit

you are just a fucking idiot who thinks everything some developer faggotry because its not exactly like muh favorite leon game

>photogrammetry photos
I've seen the zombie one.
>coins in the survival packs hint
Speculation.
>weapons
They never stated if those were in the campaign already or unlockable, iirc.
>puzzles
Hadn't seen that yet. Pretty cool.

I don't care if Cred Forums spergs out when I say this, CA is actually a good thing in SMALL amounts. It basically works like anti-aliasing and gives things a smoother and sort of blurry edge at a distance.

When used sparingly it can look quite good and give a movie-feel to a game.

Alien Isolation is a good example in my opinion of chromatic aberration looking fine. Bloodborne looks pretty bad in screenshots however it's actually alright in game.

Some games turn it up to 10 though and it looks ridiculous.

>game takes itself too seriously

this is autism

He did, though. I can't tell if you're trying to agree with me or argue a point.

>so you wont be taking on giant spider and shit
Sounds like shit then, Good ol resis always had big ass bosses.

it's silent hill not resident evil

also VR meme rofl, they will dumb down gameplay just so VR fags won't hand themselves on VR cable

Code Veronica X is the only RE I've played that's forced me to use the combat knife. I have yet to finish RE3.

What is Resident Evil then? What makes Resident Evil what it is?

>hand themselves
That's what the gel is for.

Umbrella, Zombies, Over the top villains, puzzles and bad ass protagonists.

She's so cute.

Damn.

I got low hopes for this game.
I imagine it will have.

>Shitty unfitting or non-existent combat.
>Hamfisted shoe horned new character.
>Overly scripted events. Like RE 6 style you can't play the game for 5mins without the controls being taken from you
>Trying too hard syndrome.
>Super shitty jump scares.(when done right, a jump scare can be good)
>Poorly executed everything.

I want to be wrong.
I want to believe RE can be great again but, its capcom we're dealing with here people.

Don't forget to put down your pre-orders for Resident Evil 7™ at Gamestop™ or your nearest game distributor/digital gaming outlet to get the edge on the competition once RE7 launches! See you guys on the battlefield.

this, it's fucking garbage if i wanted to play awful outlast i'd play outlast not fucking resident evil, they want to evolve resident series into wrong genre

Creepy locations, cool puzzles, great music, a sense of dread, neat B.O.W.s, cute girls and their asses, and cheesy writing.

RE7
>Umbrella
check
>Zombies
check
>over the top villains
probably no
>puzzles
check
>bad ass protag
no

RE1
>Umbrella
check
>Zombies
check
>over the top villains
no
>puzzles
check
>bad ass protags
no

RE4
>Umbrella
check
>Zombies
nope
>over the top villains
check
>puzzles
check
>bad ass protag
check

Look its another RE4 babby!

You mean like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=rxjOFd0YNo0

>Nu resident fans, everyone, probably a kid who started with IV.

post resident fans (1-3), everyone, probably a nostalgia faggot who started with I.

>Umbrella
confirmed in RE7
>Zombies
confirmed in RE7
>over the top villains
Jack Baker is pretty cool, although I don't think he is the actual villain
>Puzzles
confirmed in RE7
>badass protag
I'll give you that one. Ethan looks like a skinny bitch.

Buy the Deluxe Edition™ for only $89.99 and gain the missing pieces to the Baker's mystery!

RE2, RE3 and CV have all this as well, you would know this if you eren't a IV, REmake baby.

HE WILL BE TORN APART!

>RE2, RE3

definitely not
you would know this if you wouldnt be a RE4 babby

>Chris and Jill
>not badass

>"RE4 babby"
Anyone who uses this phrase needs a serious beating.

>RE4
>>Umbrella
>check

If I knew where he lived, I'd knock his block off.

>RE2
>Lean is as much badass as Jill in RE1
>RE3
>Jill is the same Jill, different environment
>CV
>same shit, main protag dies of two hits, one-hit enemies there as well
>RE4
>literally slaughter through whole game, ammo dropping and glowing from any enemy, no issues whatsoever, pretty much corridor shooter

kek
you sure showed them

All in RE7

nice outlast 3 you have there

most of "RE4 babby" are over 20 now. Just saying.

That isn't instrumental version user, pretty sure he meant to make that song in the style of older RE save room themes. Slower and more piano.

>Chris and Jill
>badass in 1

not by any definition

>being a retard

>muh outlast
>this is literally all they have

Ethan is also a project from Umbrella.
This is why "impossible" things are happening to him. By impossible I mean ghosts, notes apearing when you are watching TV, manequins apearing from nothing.
The house is like the Vaults from Fallout, Umbrella is testing the subject (Ethan), probably something about fear.

>>the residents arent actually biohazard
Everything in that house looks like a biological hazard. Did you see the food they were eating?

The shotgun is the determining factor. I believe you can instantly tell whether a horror shooter will be either amazing or shit depending on how good the game's shotgun feels and how effective it is.

And?
You say like ti is a bad thing.

Well, may be for you.

Ebin meme you have there. All games that have horror elements and in first person should be called Outlast. +1 upboat XD

What's "badass" to you then? Backstreet Boys hair and shitty one-liners?

Also, did you even play Resi 2?

They literally do.

Ohh but yeah i guess "lets add non mutated averge joes as both villains and protag" cliche is more interesting.

Which makes them even stupider for clinging onto RE4 when hindsight is supposed to be 20/20.

>probably something about fear.
So Revelations 2?

>Umbrella, Zombies, Over the top villains, puzzles and bad ass protagonists.

Umbrella and Puzzles are confirmed, also no, originally Resident Evil wasn't about "Badass protagonists and over the top villians." The protagonists were relatively ordinary at first, and Wesker didn't start turning into Neo until CV.

>What's "badass" to you then?

Beating a boulder.

>Also, did you even play Resi 2?

You obviously didnt.

They literally dont.

>Ohh but yeah i guess "lets add non mutated averge joes as both villains and protag" cliche is more interesting.

Not sure what game you are talking about.

so, it's some sort of virtual world?

Most of those are subjective. However, the majority of genuine fans can agree that most RE games have them, while VII doesn't or has it in small amounts.

Also
>cheesy writing
>cute girls and their asses
Not in VII.

You know, I forgot about R2.
I am really right then.

>Beating a boulder.
I agree that Chris is badass but you're just memeing at this point.

>You obviously didnt.
Someone forgot how much of a massive sperg Leon was in Resi 2

>RE2 and RE3 don't have zombies, puzzles, badass protags and Umbrella

What the everloving fuck am I reading.

Havent been here for months so dont know much more about the demo, does anyone know if "Lantern" will be a tape or something included in the final "The beginning hour" demo? it feels like it would be on the demo.

what the fuck, why is everyone shitting on re4?

That theory would make sense if there were cameras in the house. But even if there are, what's the point in making Revelations 2.5?

>so what makes Resident Evil what it is
>everyone descirbing stuff and of half of that stupid shit they wrote isnt even in the originals

toppest of keks
and they want us to stop calling them RE4 babbies

obviously nothing because you have reading comprehension

I'm buying the PSVR for this and Ace Combat. My ass is ready to shit itself.

from pic related to hillbillies? The fuck went Wrong?

Because it was honestly a shit RESIDENT EVIL game?

Because it was the embodiment of a flavor of the month game.

Doubtful. The updates seem to just be very small additions to the existing demo.

Nemesis is an annoying fuckhead. Not scary. Annoying.

they stopped catering to kids ;^)

dont worry im sure they will still sell Leon action figures

People tired of seeing the same formula being rehashed?

>from pic related to hillbillies?

Wait, are we still talking about RE4?

I mean we have no official word, but it's possible.I was honestly expecting to find the second tape in the update, but Capcom never fails to disappoint when it comes to marketing.

No, it's real.
But it's an eviroment controled by Umbrella for testing a new virus or something like this.

But we don't know if there are cameras. The whole point of a hidden camera is for being hidden from Ethan.
Not a Revelations 2.5, but a follow up to the series while making everybody thinks how this will conect with the other games.

They ran out of ideas. Just look at the mixed bag (as far as quality) of B.O.W. designs that is RE6.

Retard, after 3 there is 7
Middle-school drop out?
fucking kids

now i remember why i avoid Cred Forums

that warrants calling it shit?

you're delusional if you honestly think it still isn't considered a classic

>Home

Will Resident EVII. be the X-Files game we need?

>1,2,3,7

?

>VR dumbs down gameplay
how exactly? your head is literally an overpowered mouse with it

So does this game take place after 6 or what? It looks like it's set in the 80s

Because even if its a good game, it didn't try to improve anything what made the series become popular in the first place, it rather took a new direction and tried his luck with people who see no difference in playing a TPS from a survival horror game.

People shit on RE4 because it's popular to do so on Cred Forums.

>that warrants calling it shit?
No?
I don't see anyone calling RE4 on its own shit game just a very shit *RE game*.

If you see it - let me know ,we both will point and laugh.

thankfully in CVX the knife is the best weapon

That's just the south.

Anyone else exited for this? Surprised this wasn't mentioned

Don't argue with he knows better

He even made provocative bait-post. Effort!

>tried his luck with people who see no difference in playing a TPS from a survival horror game.

i think people know the difference between survival horror and TPS. what are you trying to say?

So i guess was right, they trying to make RE a "muh mature! artsy pantsy" kind of stuff, sometimes i'm not very good at making my point clear, thanks for the help tho. Enjoy your Resident Hill.

>a classic

But it isn't, no matter how many unnecessary ports of it Capcom shits out. Literally everything about it was borrowed from other games while trashing its own series.

Exited as hell. The first CG movie was shit, but I enjoyed most of the second.

It takes place in the future I believe, 2017. The house itself is an old plantation mansion, and a lot of the decorations of old people in the south tend to be a bit kitsch.

It's a Cgi anime for leon/chris fanbois.

>if it's not Gears of Resident then it's shit

>trashing its own series
How, exactly?

i love how the comments in alll the videos say either "This is not resident evil" or "this isnt going back to the roots", is this generation really wanting Chris boulder punch redfield again? i dont even care if its like outlast, it honestly looks better than 5 and 6, we need some change, this direction im liking.

>First Person
And into the bin it goes with 4,5, and 6.

Care to name some examples of said "borrowed elements"?

i guarantee you Re4 is on almost everyone's top 20 best games list that have ever played video games

you're definitely delusional

classical does not equal original

>yet another god damn Leon movie

Glad that they're doing so well to expand upon the game universe by not even having Rebecca in the damn preview.

@352294978
>if they want old resident evil games they want resident evil 5

Not him, but
>RE7 is shit =/= I want it to be like 6 or even 4/5

>if it doesnt have cheesy one liners and gimmick bosses it isnt Resident Evil anymore despite the original not having any of these either!

Sure RE4 babby ;^)

@352295052
>they want 5
im so different mom, the other kids are calling it "unique"

Definitely not on mine.

RE2-3 is.

>RE/going back to the roots = RE5 or 6
Spotted the underage.

>i guarantee
>is on almost
>everyone's top

decide yourself you insecure faggot what you want to express, you just don't fucking know about that and want to play safe card. I wouldn't expect anything more from re4 fags.

>muh opinion
Good for you, user. Now go play with your Hotwheels.

I don't think you've managed to read his post properly.

I know, english is hard, shitposting is easy.

Don't ya worry pal, you have nothing to lsoe but self-respect!

Try again! We won't shame you more than once because it gets old quick

>having reading comprehension

kek

If spooky ghost girl ended up being a hologram to spook people from coming into the underground lab at the Bakers, would you think it was a good idea, or bad one?

>FPS shit
>we want the PT audience
>we want the youtube audience
>hallway jump scare simulator

It's garbage stop shilling.

I want to fuck Red Loli Queen

Spotted the uneducated.

You earned it son, dont spend it all in one place.

Let's see here from just a couple elements that people love to gush about.

>inventory tetris
System Shockl/Deus Ex/Diablo

>combat
Like every third person shooter ever, people love to credit it for inventing a genre that had already existed for years beforehand.

>muh QTEs
Shenmue, or something like Dragon's Lair if we want to go even further back than that.

Agreed. I don't get all the Outlast or Amnesia comparisons either when it's confirmed there's combat, and from the ESRB comments, probably a fair bit of it. It looks waay more like Condemned than any hiding-sim horror game.

People whine that a first person RE is pandering or a "meme game" but it looks far closer to the original three games in atmosphere and tone than the last three main installments have, especially 5-6. The attention to detail in the house alone shows that they're working to build an environment worth exploring, whether that succeeds or not, I don't know, but it's something.

last point I'd make is the bullshit about hillbillies not being RE. Pretty sure they're playing with B-Movie horror tropes intentionally, only drawing more from things like texas chainsaw massacre, hills have eyes and last house on the left. I don't see the problem with it or how it doesn't fit the franchise, especially when you just fuckin know there's an umbrella lab somewhere around there with a bunch of BOWs we haven't seen yet.

It looks a lot more like Condemned than

>i love how the comments in alll the videos say either "This is not resident evil" or "this isnt going back to the roots", is this generation really wanting Chris boulder punch redfield again?
That shit doesn't make sense. They're saying they want classic RE again.

i don't even like RE4 lol.

RE had cheesy quotes since fuckin Jill Sandwich, bad ass boses since Tyrant and Nemesis.

Just like every """RE"" game after 3 so what's your point m8?

>>hallway jump scare simulator
funny because Resident Evil is one of the prime examples of that.
>zombie dog
>mr x
>nemesis
etc.

>first RE movie was actually decent as a semi-prequel
>sequels go full fucking retard

she wouldn't.
and you are going to die down here.

Bad.

>They're saying they want classic RE again.
Just because they personally don't see it being closer to RE roots does not mean they SAY they want classic RE again.

REmake is classic RE and it didn't sell well so they clearly don't want it.

If they make it Remake in first person it could be interesting. Where the horror comes from resource management and avoiding enemies rather than EEEE sound effects and blurry screens of more modern horror.

If they make it a PT walking sim then it will be shit.

>using "muh youtube" as a shitposting bullet point when literally every game no matter how shitty ends up on youtube

Easy there, bud. We're outnumbered. Too many shills, underages/casuals, and general shit-eaters.

>she wouldn't.
Nobody would ask her
lolirape fuck yeah!

and thinking otherwise is pure delusion

you anti-re4 fags are pathetic

>REmake
>didn't sell well

RE4 didn't sell any better while it was a Gamecube exclusive.

Maybe it's because I've always been more of a Silent Hill fan than a RE fan, but you keep saying Resident Hill like that will somehow deter me from the game instead of making me more interested in playing it. It's not like you can say it's particularly ruining the franchise, RE5 already sort of did that. If you'll remember, the RE1 reboot also tried to take itself more seriously as well, instead of "You could have been a Jill Sandwich" Barry says "You would have fit nicely into a sandwich" which has nowhere near the same amount of camp.

>muh maturity card

post discarded

>someone has a different opinion than me!
>therefore it is a shill, underage or autists!

Golden classic.

>5-6 millions copies across all platforms is "not sold well"

Better resolution, so you can admire the 'great' textures this game has.

but she's a hologram.
much like a real girl, she wouldn't feel anything from you.

>Condemned
I got that feel as soon as i went up to the attic and the mannequins fucking about.

Also yeah you can see the cult classic feel they got going with that texas chainsaw vibe, im looking forward to it, i just hope ill be able to play with a Vive, this is the only game i think is worth it from what i'v seen so far.

okay guys you can stop shilling walking simulator not outlast edition

Which is why Capcom dropped the exclusivity deal with Nintendo, never finished the 5th game in the deal, and ported RE4 to every single console and gaming system ever made.

>while it was a Gamecube exclusive
>across all platforms

Glad to see people actually read posts they post replies to.

>Textures
>Promotional Art

>she isn't real
>basically 2D in 3D

This is familair feel
i don't wantto feel this feel.

At least read his post.

On the Gamecube Remake sold 1.3 million, RE4 sold 1.6 million.

So is this a complete bullshot or did they actually update the graphics considerably for PS4pro and PC?

It does run on 60fps and is VR game, but Capcom also supposedly has some new capturing technology (hence the realistic arms.) and RE7 is mostly going to be rather dark and in small spaces with not much to render.

His face scares the shit out of me

I wonder if he's going to help the player in some way, seeing how badly he was treated by the old man

REmake didn't sell well on gamecube. The remaster sold great. It's obvious that people want classic RE again.

>muh perspective is fact
REVII isn't "going back to the roots" just because they have herbs, item boxes, and the occasional puzzle.

The game is the first to introduce this "run and hide" bullshit popularised by shitty Twitch/Jewtube cancer games. There's no cheesy writing, cool characters, or b movie tone.

user...

That's not an in-game screen, it's fucking promo-art.

>Glad to see people actually read posts they post replies to.
Pot calling kettle black?
In my original post I was talking about REmake not Rebirth you retard. REmake was released almost 2 years ago and sold barely 1 million which proves the point I made in my post: they (as in "en masses") don't want classis RE.

Am I the only one that wouldn't mind a Texas Chainsaw Massacre simulator?

>yfw the ending is just like

youtube.com/watch?v=2HoUwWem0wM

>with the RE7 equivalent of pic related following you around

You know they're remaking Resident Evil 2

>tfw realizing there's a young girl standing on the right side of the pic

I'll prob get this, looks good. Definitely a step up from RE6, which was great in co-op when you were in the right mood but also kinda trash at the same time

BUT

I'm more excited for Revelations 2 and REmake2.

Replaying Remake made realize how shit RE4 is.

4 should had been a spin-off.

mates it sold more than REmake did in the first year of sales, 3 million and thats when it hit ps2,stop nitpicking, its still sold more thant REmake, you're just arguing for the sake of it now.

>At least read his post.
Once he reads mine properly.

>Resident Hill like that will somehow deter me from the game instead of making me more interested in playing it.

Nah, not at all. Both series are great on their own. All im saying is that at least for me this game won't be "RE" enough, not even saying it would be good or bad yet, it's just different, just like 4, 5, 6 were so different from the originals that i stopped giving a damn about the series and went to play other survival games like SH.

>E7

Revelations 3*

>X sold this much
>Y didn't really sell much better
>later release Y on every platform under the god damn sun, accumulates more sales by virtue of being available all over the damn place
>this means nobody wanted X to begin with

Even EA sometimes pulls off better logic.

I do, but (1) we have yet to hear shit about it since it was announced and (2) just because they're remaking RE2, doesn't mean they should make the new mainline game look like a garbage spin-off.

To be fair. If they released it on the PS2 and later Wii maybe it would have sold around the same amount of copies are RE4 did.

>release a game on the GC
>it sells okay but nothing spectacular
>release another game on the GC
>it sells okay but nothing spectacular
>port it to two of the most successful consoles of all time
>sells really well now
>"must mean everyone hates the old formula, let's only make action games from this point on"

I was talking about REmake not Rebirth you double retard. RE4 barely sold a god damn sliver above REmake's numbers until it exploded on PS2.

Resident evil 1-3 should have been called "Biohazard"

Resident evil 4-6 should have been left as "Resident Evil"

But that like, just my opinion man.

Either way...

>Dum sum bitch wood'n know gud if it het 'em!
>Throws a plate at your face.
If he helps you at all, it would be completely on accident.

Have they made the Revelations games better?

The first revelations game just felt like a budget RE4 that was worse in every aspect. Fine for a 3DS game I suppose, but still a fairly boring game when compared to home console games. Sort of like Peace Walker.

Would be cool.

It's a horror classic, I don't mind RE being influenced by films like this as long as it turns out good, and it's worked out so far.

He looks like a swell guy, just wants to prank the old fool

>people actually want more Umbrella shit.
faggots. just give me zombies and a virus. fuck the shitty backstory behind it.

>To be fair. If they released it on the PS2 and later Wii maybe it would have sold around the same amount of copies are RE4 did.

I'm sorry but no, the reason why RE4 got port is because it sold so well to begin with. REmake was originally a flop and is one of the reason RE4 happened.

If REmake originally sold, they wouldn't have made the series go action the first place.

Yeah because "le random ISIS analog of the week" has done real wonders for the series.

I don't know, to me it seems to be made with in-game material.

I just want nemesis/tyrant from a fps perspective.
TP doesn't really convey how horrific it is to have a hulking giant chasing you.

Surprisingly, on 3ds with a good set of earbuds or headset and the 3d turned up it was rather jumpscary, i dont know what happened on pc but it didnt feel the same, and 2 runs like dog shit on most systems, framerate issues, tearing of objects, controller input is bad.

>I'm sorry but no, the reason why RE4 got port is because it sold so well to begin with.

The port was announced before it even released, dumbass.

The story is better, enemy designs are worse aside from the final boss, better controls (dodging), and a mixed bag of characters - Moira is fucking annoying; Barry and Natalia are fantastic.

With the new update the graphics looks a little nicer, and no too far from that (altough that is, obviously, a bullshot).

It's been a while since I played the classics. Has there every been a save room in a Resident Evil game where it attempt to make you feel safe, and then enemies bust in unexpectedly?

are you a shill of some kind? just because people say it's not RE/not going back to its roots (like it's constantly said that it by MARKETING) doesn't mean they want the original cast coming back, they don't need to
RE hasn't been RE since 4

Yeah. its probably not going to happen since Capcom is in love with Umbrella. but I can dream

RE4 barely sold more though.

As has been said:
Remake: 1.35 million
RE4: 1.6 million

I think the only thing thats ever been like that is the zombies on the door opening loading screen, i can imagine them fucking with you in the save room of 7

REmake of REbirth never was released on GC. Only Steam and PS3/4/Xbone

>First Person
>Made by some literally who Texas Studio

This isn't Metroid, period.

>are you a shill of some kind?
Yeah make sure to pre order the game on as many platforms as you have, retard

Yeah that was RE2, that one actually 'got me'.

None that I can think off.

>REmake was never released on GC

Now you're just being a retard.

>Made by some literally who Texas Studio

RE4 overall sold pretty gut
so please

>but but! Gamecube dude lmao

nobody cares about dead platform

>reading comprehension
pot
kettle
black
etc

>sold like shit on Gamecube
>this means people hated REmake

Just fuck off already.

ass
cock
taint
etc

REmake came out in 2002, dumbass.

Also read , your favorite game sold like ass on the same platform.

>>this means people hated REmake
???
I never said that.
I just said RE4 were fantastic and you are just sad pathetic autist trying to prove otherwise and trying to use it as an argument.

I'm expecting a false save room in 7. One that looks like a merry little save room for you to rest at but ends up being a scripted event prime for spook

>your favorite game sold like ass on the same platform
>4.96million

Ok, ur right

>nobody cares about dead platform
That was the entire fucking point of the post.

If they released Remake on a non-dead platform where it had the same growth capabilities as RE4, would the game have sold okay and in turn, would the RE series have kept to it's roots for longer instead of being turned into a action series because Capcom attributed the low sales to the formula rather than the choice of platforms.

>implying RE games aren't shit besides RE4

>uses 11 years of multiplats as a comparison against a single platform release 14 years ago

The only shitty argument here is yours.

I-is this supposed to be here?

>on the same platform

Are you brain dead or something? Jesus Christ.

PC demo when?

>That was the entire fucking point of the post.
And how is your ENTIRE FUCKING POINT OF THE POST in any way relevant to MY ENTIRE FUCKING OF MY ENTIRE POST you FUCKING DUMB RETARD when I was talking about general sales and success of RE4 not tire to any platform?

Moving goalpost because uncomfortable with original subject? Nothing to say or back up your words?

Classy Cred Forums fag

>I don't know, to me it seems to be made with in-game material.

It's not, because this is actually that shot in-game.

What you posted is artwork.

I have no idea what are you even talking anymore. You are on your own weird agenda and I bless you. I agree apriori with whatever you say on this subject

When the full demo is released and finished by ps4 users, im sure they dont want fuckers reading through the file to find every update they have coming up and ruining it for everyone.

>shit, better grab one of the highest numbers on that list and pretend that was my stance the whole time
>doesn't even do it right because literally nobody bought the GC version of RE2

No, but you are. I don't see any sale numbers for RE2 on GC. Not do you can see it form that table yet you QUOTED it as an argument
kek
don't you feel silly now
dumb autist

That makes sense, but why would they not have also released it on Xbone?

>people prefer this game because it had higher sales numbers on 5+ platforms than one the 1 platform the game it's being compared to had

It's the typical pro-RE4 argument that even Capcom has been shitting out for years.

>makes an assumption about my favorite RE game
>completely fails at it because it wast RE2
>tries to damage control
>failing to read the table properly and making claims based on it that he cannot back up

like pottery

>"nobody wanted classic RE games like Remake so that's why RE4 sold better"
>"actually, it might be because RE4 was released on two of the most successful come consoles of all time while Remake was only released on a fairly niche console".

How is that not relevant?

maybe to do with pushing PSVR? i mean the demo was pushed with that "this will be a full PSVR experience if you so choose to buy one".

The save theme just sounds like the save theme from Silent Hill 3 with some string instrument added

Completely no fucking idea what are you on about. I think you replied to one of my posts by mistake.

>shills for RE4 repeatedly on the basis of "muh sales"
>moves the goalposts when it turns out that REmake vs RE4 sales on GC weren't all that different

How it won't be to bogged down in it. I don't give a fuck about VR and I have a feeling we will suffer for it.

My post regarding "nobody wanted classic RE games" was in the context of these youtube comments user quoted. RE4 has nothing to do with it.

user, you ok?

It looks pretty good, the shitting on it is the most forced bandwaggon this year. Nobody actually cares about the things people are saying they do. Almost nobody bought the last few.

>Now it is not about my favorite game but about REmake vs RE4 sales on GC
>when literally nobody but you raised this subject in a first place
>he somehow managed to drag the discussion about RE7 and classic RE games into this mess
>now tries to save his face
>on anonymous image board

To what end

>Almost nobody bought the last few.
Yeah no. RE5 and 6 are the best selling RE games.

I know this thread is currently in full flame war mode, so i'll let my little opinion drown in it. I'm looking forward to this game, but there's still something inside me that really wishes it wasn't in first person. I got over the fact that the main character wasn't an established one, because i understand we need something fresh, but i feel the franchise going full first person isn't a good thing. Hopefully, it'll be a one off, and the RE2make will show Capcom people just want a nice, normal Resident Evil game. I'll still buy 7 day one, mind you.

same assets, different lighting.

Then why didn't you say so in the first place instead of joining the argument?

Well until we know how the map generation works, we wont really know, with the demo its pretty contained, but VR on top of all the textures they have going, i dont know my man, it might actually fuck the game in the long run.

But we dont even know about the chapter system works, if there will be one or loading screens and how their placed, still excited for the game as much as the demo is a cock tease though.

why did you title this remake?

Didn't they say that the feedback they got from first person was bad and they were adding third person as an option? or was that bullshit, i know i read it somewhere.

I didn't you replied to one of my posts and I tried to explain you by this moment why your reply was irrelevant.

>reasonable
>"I'll still buy 7 day one, mind you"
You just had to ruin it.

The franchise went firt person once with Gun Survivor

I wouldn't call this irrelevant.

ah
Wasn't me some other user, he probably left thread

I haven't heard that, but i would assume it's bullshit, as, since the date is set in stone for a few months, it would push the whole game back a while to implement it.

I'd still prefer to be involved in letting Capcom know that actual horror Resident Evil is still wanted

Should have put "main series"

v

>completely changes the subject to a different game when the sales comparison comes out
>doesn't even know when/why the PS2 port was announced
>keeps pressing on with the "survival horror is shit for RE7 because 11 years of a multiplat sold more than a single exclusive release" angle

Why is CA such an autism trigger?

>REVII
>actual horror

>you have to buy a game on day one if you want to show support for a game

im really fucking impressed. the way ResEvil is going could be the right one. But we shouldnt get hyped like madmans. protip: dont read anything on it, play the demos, play the game. and enjoy it.

Because it actually looks bad and makes me force my eyes

It looks fucking ugly

Literally nothing of that was said by me ut ok

Why is first person a bad thing? I agree with everything except that. Is it really that bad that you cannot see your own character? In terms of mechanics there is nothing that either perspective wouldn't be able to do? It's really is just a matter of which style is more to your liking
The only thing I remember changing about first person was that it changed from being fixed to not fixed in VR. E.g. you can move turn head around and the camera will turn with you. Initially the camera was scripted/linked to the right stick only.But I could be misremembering a few details

I fucking like it the way it is.

>I want it to be good so fucking badly.

me too
but it's not going to be good

the game just screams low quality and budget, the "combat" they showed in the trailer looked terrible, the environments boring, the family looks corny as fuck and not scary at all

i'm predicting 6s and low 7s for this game and capcom will try to defend it with >muh VR

>Capcom is the first to send copyright infrigment
>the last to answer for their own fuck up
kek the hypocrisy is real

Until now, you've been able to see your character in every mainline RE. I do think it's unnecessary for an "immersive experience". Gotta sell that VR.

>the game just screams low quality and budget,

>RE hasn't been RE since 4

Spot the 4baby, hasn't been RE since CV/0

>I do think it's unnecessary for an "immersive experience"
Referring to the first person camera here, in case it wasn't clear.

>RE went through buttload of shit in its series
>it went as low as being blatant copypaste cliche co-op TPS shooter
>but once it changes the POV it is "no longer my Resident Evil!!!111oneone"

Nice double standards.
Nice autism

>there will be some sort of Dead by Daylight like multi-player function where it will be you and another person who will have to out maneuver a crazy BOW in parts of the Mansion or even the town.

>there will be enemies who will be in the game as well that will try to kill you along with the player controlled BOW. Could possibly help you find their location.

>combat would be a possible way to defeat the BOW, but it wouldn't be encouraged. Could possibly set traps, barricade entry ways as well. Possible super weapon could be found, but will be extremely hidden and RNG.

>following ways to win as character: death of BOW, time runs out or if they escape.

>following ways to win as BOW: kill all players. There will be a way to increase the time for the players by finding certain items.

>blatant copypaste cliche co-op TPS shooter
Buzzwords, ahoy!

What's the point of Capcom updating the RE demo if you can't do anything new? Or explore a new area? At least put a gun in so we can see how the weapons feel

I tried to describe what RE5-6 was as much close as possible but I don't think words can handle this unfortunately

>Save Room Theme
So no auto-save?
>tfw living in the best timeline

>wanting multiplayer anything but Mercs
Kill yourself, underage.

>implying that everyone who hates RE7 liked those games

Eh, again, I still don't get it. Still comes down to tastes. I would say first person has more advantages overall. The idea of tradition in a series like RE is kinda antiquated. Of course I'm not saying that anything can be slapped with the title, but so much has changed over the series duration. For example 3rd person fixed, to free 3rd person.

And when it comes to "unnecessary" it can be said of third person too, especially fixed. It goes both ways

It's harder to account for cameras in small spaces with third person and that can be solved with fixed camera angles, but wouldn't it just be easier to put it in the natural position where eyes are? Keep in mind I'm just talking from a developmental point of view, which I might add that RE was supposed to be 1st person from the start.

why does he wear the mask?

>wanting mercs in first person ever.

My post did not imply that.
Only you did now.

oh shit, save rooms?

fuck, we're going back to the glory days guys!

i liked all games 1-6 and cant wait for 7

Why do people hate Resi 5 and 6 but love 4?

Resident Evil 5 is literally just Resident Evil 4 with more unlocks and no pretense at trying to be horror. Also co-op. If the main game wasn't as short as it is I'd outright call it better than its predecessor. Resident Evil 6 dropped everything that made those two games fun, though. The gameplay was a huge step down and once the story was turned on its head with LAS PLAGAS SADDLER GIGANTE VIVA PINATA UROBOROS SATURATE the gameplay was the only thing holding the series up, even if 4 and 5 were action games.

>Why do people hate Resi 5 and 6 but love 4?
I dunno I hated every """RE""" game after 3.

fuck that shit

RE4 was better paced, built around single player and did not have a fucking stupid inventory system.

Also, RE4 had better weapons

RE4 has better humor, Leon is at his best and Hanningan is fucking delicious

>Better pace
Its length allowed it to be better-paced and this is one of the advantages I give RE4 over 5

>Built around singleplayer
This is fine conceptually but Ashley is huge glaring stain on the game imo. I'd much rather have a buddy or even a dumb AI partner shooting things than a helpless puppy. Escort missions are one of my least favorite gaming tropes and Resident Evil 4 is one huge escort mission at its core. Plus I had tons of fun with all the friends I played through Resi 5 with.

>Stupid inventory system
My favorite Resident Evil game is REmake so this rhetoric is lost on me. 4's inventory was imaginative, but I'll take my nonsensical single-slot items personally.

>RE4
>Better weapons
Toppest lel

>Ashley is huge glaring stain on the game imo

The fuck game were you playing, she was great.

Name me 3 weapons from RE5 without looking them up.

Anybody got a screenshots of the item box/crate that was confirmed?

>that stiff smile which froze on her face when she hears the question
>you literally can feel her screaming internally

I feel ya sister

I can't imagine this being a sequel to any of the previous games.

This has to be a reboot.
>Type writer shown at TGS
>Safe room
>inventory box
>"Lisa trevor" type stalking enemy
>little to no cameos from past RE characters

My money is on a reboot. Half RE1,Half RE2

>Games starts out in the mansion/swamp area, finds wife dead or mutated and burns the mansion down.MC gets picked up by the cops and outbreak spreads to the town and you team up with black cop.

WELCOME TOTHE FAMILY S--
>8 seconds ago

>Ashley
>Great
Maybe if you're a huge waifufag but all other Resi titles feature women that can actually...I dunno, do something other than squall for your attention as they get carried off.

>3 weapons without looking them up
Hydra, L. Hawk, S&W Handcannon, Minigun, Bow, Scorpion, Dragunov and MP5 off the top of my head. I could name more if I were allowed to use their real-life names and not the in-game monkiers they were given for some reason. You don't know who you're talking, the guns and upgrade system was my absolute favorite part of Resi 5 to the point where I'm convinced it has THE best-feeling and best-looking guns in the entire franchise. At one point I had infinite-ammo guns in all 9 of my inventory slots and then I modded another into my knife slot.

>Franchise staples confirmed.
>Set in a goddamn mansion.
>People somehow still think this won't have the design of a Resident Evil game.

They would have to fuck up something royally to make exploring a mansion feel linear or totally scripted.

I bet hanningan is frustrated that Leon keeps going after Ada

>This has to be a reboot.

They have confirmed it takes place after Resident Evil 6 and is part of the canon. It's a soft reboot like RE4.

Sorry not everyone is a dumbfuck like you

>youtube comments says it will be bad
>user on Cred Forums disagrees
lol ur wrong

It sounds like you just sucked at RE4

>At one point I had infinite-ammo guns in all 9 of my inventory slots and then I modded another into my knife slot.

Hitting dangerous levels of autism here

>it went as low as being blatant copypaste cliche co-op TPS shooter
>but once it changes the POV it is "no longer my Resident Evil!!!111oneone"

>sucking at shitty primitive TPS shooter

Yeah that user committed serious offense

Where does it says, I quote: "Every singe one fuck who hates RE7 liked RE5-6"?

RE4 had humor and cheesy-ness, better atmosphere, much better pacing, and didn't have co-op.

Dragunov, PSG1, PX4 Storm, 92FS, P8, Desert Eagle, M29, M500, Ithaca 37, MP5, VZ61, SG556, AK74, Armsel Protecta, Benelli M3, P226.

>It sounds like you just sucked at RE4

The point is that Ashley is just baggage. Being good or bad at the game wouldn't change that.

>Hitting dangerous levels of autism here
Call the cops because I don't give a fuck, you brought up guns as an argument. Pretty much asking for it. People can rip apart Resident Evil 5 for whatever reason they feel like but saying it has shitty guns will NEVER be an acceptable reason.

>i forgot the Hydra
Fuck.

>Where does it says
Do you not know the meaning of "imply"?

Ok.
Where does it explicitly "imply"?
I keep failing to see it yet I even re-read my own post 3 times.

which strain of the Virus is it gonna be?
> Progenitor
> Tyrant-Virus
> God-Virus (the vaccine is for G is called Devil)
> Chaos-Virus (Haos=\=Chaos)
> Tyrant Veronica-Virus
> Tyrant God-Virus
> Tyrant Abyss-Virus
> Tyrant Phobos-Virus

None of these because none of them give psychic abilities.
None of them keep the zombies intelligent without fucking them up into weird mess (except Proto virus but it requires unique genetic material + regular shots liek Wesker did)

It has to be a new one.

Literally the only good thing that came out of these shitty RE games

BERY LOWD

vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=resident evil

you mong

Didn't notice she was fingering herself.

>VGchartz

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Here, have offical numbers from Capcom THEMSELVES.
capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

She only has this animation with male character
it is weird like if she wants to forcefully mate him before killing
unf

>not Adass and Sherry going full fuckable

At least give them a little more credit than just that.

Pretty sure sticking your dick into her will melt it off.

>RE4
>puzzles
>check
RE4 had puzzles? I mean if they did, they weren't puzzling like previous entries.

>will melt it off.
huh?

>they weren't puzzling

>Resident Evil will never do the '80s B-horror thing ever again

;_;

youtube.com/watch?v=nu4Ohu811Vk

I GOT A SHOTGUN!

hell fuckin RE 5 dedicated the whole Tribal area parts for Puzzles.

yeah it had some shitty puzzles

that capital themselves was truly necessery

What does GoW have to do with RE7...?

Let's post what we want/think/believe the plot story is going to be or is so far.

Let me share with you my autism after being inspired by to make this game a reboot. I am sorry.
>Everything shown so far is just the prologue.
>It chronicles the falls of the Baker family who has been stationed at a scientific facility where Jack works an architect (nu-George Trevor) at the plantation mansion.
>The MC gets kidnapped after looking for his missing reporter GF, who is investigating the mansion and a suspicious organization seemingly involved.
>He gets infected by the Bakers and slowly transforms as he looks for a way out and trys to find his girlfriend. She's dead.
>You lose sanity due to the virus and after a blackout and coming back to consciousness; you are hunched over the corpse of what appears to be an officer of some kind, flesh fills you mouth as his head rolls.
>You turn your head slowly after hearing a noise behind you to find a woman in a uniform who shoots you down.
>Fade to black. Logo appears. The orange VII in the title fades to black. As a orange "1' appears in the title reading;
>Resident Evil 1: Biohazard

And with that I go to sleep.

That's actually a little bit deceptive. If you noticed, Capcom included every port into one bunch for RE5 and RE6. It might even be intentional to convince stockholders that those games are their best selling games of all time. But then you have RE4 that is split up into all of it's separate parts. And it excludes the 360, PS3, and steam versions. RE2 only lists the original, not the other ports(which there were many). Same for RE3. They split up the original RE1 and RE1: Directors Cut.

Their own official numbers are all over the place.

youtube.com/watch?v=p4CcL-m8aB4

better one.

Mikami was apparently absolutely livid that Capcom made him use these. Can you blame him?

youtube.com/watch?v=uGE4-Cjxeko

not being Itchy Tasty Dude.

C'mon Son

>Capcom included every port into one bunch for RE5 and RE6.

No they didn't, PS4 and ONE version are not there.

Re-releases later on are treated seperately. See DMC3 and DMC3:SE

I didn't know those games had current gen ports.

THE PAIN IT HURTS
THE PAIN IT HURTS
I'LL FIGHT LIKE THE DEMONS 'TIL THE DAY I DIE
THE PAIN IT HURTS
THE PAIN IT HURTS
NEVER BELIEVE IN THE LIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>re save rooms
>scary

shameful fap

>implying you wouldn't

Take away first person shit and they're kinda on the right track. The demo made it look like another jumpscare youtuber cashin game. Guess what, those youtubers were alll over it validating this

In it's current state its yet another lie about going back to roots by capcom, no matter how shills twist it.

Wouldn't what? She has no features. What are you going to do, rub your dick on her slimming disgusting body as she tries to kill you? Also she reuses Jill's animations from 5.

he's saying the HD Re-release of REmake you fucking dolt

>She has no features.
Expecting genitalia in open in just "M" rated game.
Capcom does not make porn games, user. The features had to be censored but fear not they are there

I was not pleased with the TGS gameplay, seems like an outlast clone for now.

Still miles better than the last 2 games

they are handling the demo really badly, its fucking shit.

They are on the right tracks though. REMAKE 2 better not be this type of shit

at least 5 and 6 weren't boring

You say the series "went as low as [insert buzzwords here] TPS shooter," talking about 5 and 6.

You then say people overreact to the change in camera perspective (despite that not being the only issue with it) - "but once it changes the POV...".

Anyone with two brain cells can see what you were implying there - that, overall, people were content with 5 and 6 but are freaking out about 7 for the camera change.

>5 and 6 weren't boring

I think he means Umbrella Corps.

Overall - yes. The MAJORITY were okay with RE5-6 and the e insane sales (RE5-6 are the Capcom top sellers all time) prove that. No point to argue with that.

But I never implied EVERYONE who hate RE7 like RE5-6.

I guess that's fair. RE7 still looks like shit, though.

I disagree
Still way better than RE5-6 casual snorefest

It is nothing like re4 so I won't buy it.

You may be right. My opinion of the full game will be based on what direction Capcom has decided to go with the story and if I get any sense of dread from the atmosphere alone - something I have yet to feel with the teaser (understandably).

It is nothing like re4 so I will probably buy it.

Please, continue

Literally all I have

french is
"Usable in a fusebox to restore electrical current"

REmake = RE4 > RE2 > RE3 > REDS > RECV > REvelations 2 = RE6 >REvelations > RE5 > RE0 > RE1

Shit opinion.

no u

Tfw just noticed she's wearing the headphones found on the table in the demo

I think re4 is a good game but nothing special, because when it released I was 17 and played lots of games on snes, genesis, ps1 and pc but re4 hatred lately on Cred Forums almost as bad as re4 babbies.

>No mod that allows for a second player to play as Ashley in RE4.

No mod that lets you shoot ashley in the head and rape her corpse while your radio crackles "mother of god, Leon what are you doing?"

And what would you do?

Suplex zealots?

guys, is nobody else worried?
we have heard or seen NOTHING about RE2RE since it was announced. is it the new Deep Down? is it even being worked on?

Not get captured left and right. Maybe take some ideas from Revelations 2 and Moira.

I really do hope it would be like re4 just to see old re fags' asses on fire.

I do too user, but I'm tired of being hurt again and again.

>MGS5, Deus Ex, recent RE titles (except Revelations 2)

It will be first person like RE7 with shaky cam.

>Deus Ex
MD was good.
It had a shit story but it had the best gameplay, side quests and hubs in the series.

Fuck off I want new re4.

I just want it to be RE4 in first person, to be specific. It would be perfect. Perhaps more spooky, though. Hopefully no strafing.

Confirmed for not playing DE1.

RE4 has just the right amount of spoopyness. It's almost a perfect game.

>DE1
>best gameplay and side-quests

Not him, but nice meme image, fuckwad.

Yes?

DE1s gameplay is clunky as fuck. Enemies have an incredibly limited view distance and the aiming, while in cool concept, is shit.
The side-quests are not even worth mentioning. I don't remember a single one.
MD still has these takedown moves, but a least they're a lot faster now. The side-quests are fucking great. In one, you're solving a murder which leads to a hidden boss fight, then you're robbing a bank etc. The hub also has it's random events. For example, once I heard a gunshot from a house. Later, when I entered that house, I found a bunch of corpses and a letter. It basically tells you that some guy killed his whole family and himself afterwards. It's awesome.

In DE1 you can beat a level in lots and lots of ways. In HR and MD usually 3. That's all I care about. Also it seems you played only vanilla DE.