Since Tony Jay (Elder God) and Paul Lukather (Vorador) are dead...

Since Tony Jay (Elder God) and Paul Lukather (Vorador) are dead, who do you think could have been a good replacement as VAs should another Legacy of Kain game ever be made?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0DPW44-I3n4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What game do I start with to get into LoK? Blood Omen? Any I should skip?

Why not just play the games in order of release?

Seriously, this isn't quantum physics.

Blood Omen 1 & 2, then Soul Reaver 1 & 2, then Defiance. Don't be a retard.

How does it ended? I play them but fuck cant remember..

It didn't

>replacements

Nigga, you know as well as I they'd just hire Troy Baker and other popular VAs.

Just let it rest in peace. Defiance was ok conclusion for Raziel and open final for Kain. It's much better than some stupid FUCK YOU reboot without original voice cast and Amy Hennig.

Raziel tricked Kain into stabbing him with the Soul Reaver, fulfilling the time loop since the soul inside the thing was always Raziel's,
Kain then used the triple refine and 100 MAX power soul reaver to beat the shit out of the god of time, whom Raziel had concluded was just an extra-dimensional parasite masquerading as a good while feeding off it. It's ambiguous if said false god is dead or merely forced to retreat but Kain swears to scorch every trace of him from the world.

You forgot about the Hylden invading.

President James Johnson is dead? :(

Well Corey Burton can do the Tony Jay voice pretty flawlessly so they would use him for the Elder God. Vorador is a different story.

But Blood Omen 2 takes place in a universe shifted because of Kain and Raziel fucking with the timeline in Soul Reaver 2. So you have to play BO2 second to last.

Soul Reaver 1 is the most dated game in the series since it was made when Eidos thought block pushing was the hottest shit ever, so 9/10 puzzles in that game involves pushing blocks.

Let's be honest. All Soul Reaver games are dated now

Everything to do with gameplay in the series is bad to mediocre.

Defiance is generic, but there's nothing BAD about it persay.

But I remember kain being alive was the reason the world was in decay. Because he didn't want to die did raziel kill him at the end? I mean op is right who would be the new antagonist?.

No, the reason the world was in decay was because when Ariel was murdered by the possessed Mortanius, Nupraptor cursed the entire council. As a result Kain's soul was tainted ever since his rebirth, but uniting with the true Raziel reaver purified his soul, which means the pillars can be fixed now.

After the pillars crumble his death wouldn't do anything.

It's really really generic. It's not even good.

This is coming from a guy who loved kain from blood omen on.

In blood omen 1 there were 2 endings. The good ending where Kain sacrifices himself to purify the pillars since he was corrupt like everyone else he killed was. The bad ending he says no and lets the pillars rot. Soul reaver starts with the bad ending.
By defiance the story has revealed the whole Kain sacrificing himself was just set up so the last vampire, Kain would finally die. Also in defiance Kain got purified by Raziels soul reaver so he doesent need to die anymore.

So Kain didn't die to prevent Kain from offing Kain?

So no more evil dudes around? No other ancient God wanting to destroy all? So SR is dead? Happy ending? This series was the first I play on PS, I'm fucking old.

Yes.

HYLDEN
Y
L
D
E
N

when was that ever an option?

Hylden get dealt with in blood omen 2.

Which is a different timeline I'm pretty sure.

I always assumed the reason possessed Janos flees at the end of defiance is because he needs to appear in blood omen 2.

The only adequate substitute for Tony Jay would have been Orson Welles, but he's long gone too.

Men with manly voices are a thing of the past.

youtube.com/watch?v=0DPW44-I3n4

No, you play them in order so the reveal is more meaningful.

I highly doupt he'd have voiced acted a game considering he thought transformers was dumb too.

Yeah, he fucking hated that part. It's a shame; Omnicron is iconic as fuck.

But that's not the order the games were made in, it's clearly not how the developers intended you to play them or they would've made them in a different order.

>The only adequate substitute for Tony Jay would have been Orson Welles
Or you know, Corey Burton because he can do the same voice.

Where do you think the Hylden Lord came from in BO2? The end of Defiance is taking place right after Kain makes his choice at the pillars.

So the logic is the Hylden Lord files off. Consolidates his power and then attacks Kain's army then BO2.

Where Vorador is...still alive for some reason?

>tfw i discovered that i hoarded all the info on LoK back when the internet was dial-up
I think LoK might give you some mild form of autism.

It's not your fault the series is so convoluted that you need to write shit down to keep it all straight.

His execution in BO is one of the things time changes it fix the paradox. There is nothing actually said about it but that could be a likely reason or Kain found some way to revive him

Actually the game never says why he's alive. Kain even questions it and Vorador basically says "yeah don't ask that"

Don't question it, it's time paradoxes, not bad writing.

Blood Omen 2 wasn't a game made by Amy Hennig. Just ignore it.

It is canon and kinda important, with all the Janos shit happening in Defiance.

BO2 is not a bad game.

Fuck you, I found my copy the other day and I'm going to reinstall and play it now just out of spite

>I'm going to slit my own throat and there's nothing you can do about it!

Okay?

>Blood Omen
Masterpiece, will forever be remembered as one of the best story telling games ever made.

>Soulreaver
Mediocre, blatantly unfinished was rehashed into a LoK game from another game, story was basic and lackluster but not bad, had a decent amount of exploration. gained enough popularity to get a sequel.

>Soulreaver 2
Horrible game, shit story, linear gameplay, even more unfinished than the first game.

>Blood Omen 2
Another rehashed game, contrived plot barely fits into any of the other games plot, complete mess of a game both story and mechanically.

>Defiance
Desperate attempt to fix loose ends and plot holes, fails horribly. abysmal game was the final nail in the coffin that killed the series.

>tfw Dead Sun is never coming out
It hurst

Yeah, nah. I'm glad that piece of shit isn't coming out.

Like clockwork.

Kill yourself.

>that piece of shit
You mean Nosgoth?

>that piece of shit
You mean soul reaver