What are some of the most retardedly overpowered weapons in video games?

What are some of the most retardedly overpowered weapons in video games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/shared?ci=ZSOjozBZS4s
youtube.com/watch?v=xPInFqUbt7M
borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Silence_the_Voices
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Hellfire was game breaking

This. Hellfire was way more OP than the Defiler. You can use a level 30 helfire against level 60 enemies and the damage over time alone will melt through them.

Well...

>this
>not hellfire

The Volcano was my personal favourite.

I gave Pele all the sacrifices he could ever want.

True, the Defiler still makes turns the game into 2ez mode though. In fact, there's a decent amount of guns in BL1 that break the game.

>Siren players

How to play on easy mode.

The R.Y.N.O. in the ratchet and clank games.

Except 3, the R.YN.O. sucked ass once upgraded. Maybe in Future but I forgot how it operated in it.

Even without playing as Siren, the Hellfire is still broken due to the fact that the procs stack with seemingly no limit on how many stacks you can get.

Plasna Cutter

Charged plasma pistol or dual maulers + melee in halo 3

Dual 1887s in MW2 pre nerf

OMG strike in worms WMD youtube.com/shared?ci=ZSOjozBZS4s

you're bad at counter strike.

not the guy but
>sniper rifle that kills you in 1 shot everywhere but legs
>not op

how to spot the shitter

>using your grenades properly
WOW SO HARD

I love this meme

awp is for scrubs and always will be

Earth Shaker from Rogue Galaxy.

You could flat out decimate the scripted losing boss the moment you got it.

>players that move at a snail's pace
>instagib weapon

Actually, I played Mordecai.
Got the weapon by total chance and noticed how ridiculous the DoT stacking was

This made the game easy mode

Reminder

>Writing
1 > TPS >>> 2
>Classes
TPS > 2 >> 1
>Lootan
BL1 > TPS > 2
>Shootan
TPS >>> 1 = 2
Boss fights
TPS > 1 > 2
>Music
2 > TPS = 1
>Expansions
2 > 1 >> TPS

AWP when it had a crosshair in CS
1.6 M4A1 was fucking bullshit and you know it

This
The game shouldn't be made so that if your aim is amazing you are invincible

i never realized Cred Forums was so shit at such a simple FPS

I really hate how fucked the scaling is in 2 and TPS

Thank fuck minsc couldn't use it with bezerker rage.
It was already OP enough

Why does it say 'overpower requirement' at the top? Shouldn't it be a level requirement?

This is pretty spot on.

>not universal remote

>tfw love BL1's guns and skill trees
>hate how a huge chunk of the game is incredibly boring due to the lack of variety in enemies and areas
>love BL2's far more interesting enemies and environments
>fucking hate how badly talents got shit on, how bullet spongy the game becomes halfway through normal while enemies get to rocket tag you back even when you've invested in defense, how badly they fucked up the elemental system, and the insane damage curve that is at the core of almost all of the game's problems

>vanilla Thorn
>vanilla TLW
>vanilla Hawkmoon
man handcannons were so much fun/so bullshit on the first year.

>music

Excellent taste
>That sweet sweet Jesper Kyd in 2

I remember when corrosive damage was so fucking OP in the first Borderlands game.

Maybe I'm just shit at dodging, but I'd say the Bee isn't entirely overpowered. You're gonna get hit eventually, and when you do you're fucked for 8 seconds unless you find some cover which is a really boring way to play.

Now, a melee Zero build with a Hide of Terramorphus, a bladed Rubi or Grog Nozzle, a Rapier, and the right class mod? That's easy mode.

i'm not gonna rank all the elements, especially because you missed some crucial ones but the correct overall ranking is

2> TPS> 1

Its because the max level is 72, BUT, the enemies can scale even higher and so does the loot, so you get OVERPOWERED items from OVERPOWERED enemies, the max being OP 8

>Implying that the Pitchfork isnt one of the most OP weapons
>Same with Excalibastard

I disagree with your assessment, but only because I'm still salty about the fucked level scaling, fucked drop rate (I know it was fixed, but that happened years after release) and overall shitty weapons selection that 2 introduced.

It kills me because I really really wanna love BL2. It's better than BL1 in so many ways, but I always find myself going back to BL1 because of the many little flaws that the sequel introduced.

It wouldn't be as bad if those flaws were a part of BL1 from the beginning, but instead they fucked up something they got right the first time around. I don't get it.

EVERY
GAME
UNTILL
YOU
IT

same :(

Oh, okay. I guess I never got that far.

I never played BL1 or 2 endgames for more than like 2 hours so luckily those didn't bother me as much.

I think the weapon selection was much better during actual leveling though.

BL2's skill trees were much better than BL1's and TPS's skill trees were much better than 2's.

>implying you can be good at counterstrike with the bullet eating RNG extension still installed on comp servers

come back when you hit 1K hours. Faggy retards like you are absolute cancer, I've seen so many fuckholes with less than 100 hrs defending this garbage game like they think "uhhh get sum skill :)" will fix the terrible hit reg. I guess it's so much easier to say "oh I missed" when you're standing completely still at 5m distance with your crosshair perfectly lined up and you do 0 damage with a tap shot than to come anywhere near questioning the lord almighty gay ben or his penny pinching kike squad.

Axton's talents made me die inside.

The bee after the nerf like in your image is not that strong tho
But yeah pre-nerf its game breaking

For me, I really disliked the gimmicks and the limitations they put on what gun manufacturers make what kind of guns. Every Jakobs revolver feels exactly the same. Every Maliwan SMG feels pretty much exactly the same. Every Torgue weapon is bound by always having an explosive element, which isn't how it was in the first game.

BL2 may have more guns if you look at all the part variations, but BL1's weapons felt far more varied.

>Lootan
>BL1 > TPS > 2
Pretty sure 2 is better than other 2 in term of loot

It doesn't help that explosive weapons are fucking trash due to their projectile speed as well.

No, it really isn't.

There's a much greater shit loot to good loot ratio than the first Borderlands.

This, there might be 87 bazilliondier guns, but when you get down to it, the shotguns are just
>slow RoF, high damage, 3 round mag
>low damage hyperion shit with 8 round mag and no spread
>low damage bandit shit with 20 round mag

and that's it, that's every shotgun.

Don't forget
>Middling damage, slow firerate, fucking terrible projectile speed Torgue one

I was including those in the first option.

Skyrim - any bow

awp baddie detected

desu any weapon on Skyrim can be OP because of potions, even potions

Hmmmmm

Bee is useless on shotguns, still a great weapon to slag everyone

>bee is useless on shotguns
Pffffft what?

>This with gauge anarchist/lil' helper skill trees
Everything just dies

I'm guessing he meant what with sneaking being so vastly OP.

AMP damage is separated between the bullets, not added to each bullet

Oh, interesting

>shotgun
>bullets
wew

That one Hyperion shotgun that shot from 7 different directions as max anarchy Gaige. Goddamn she was fun to play as.

Good thing shotguns don't have bullets then

Yes.
The shotguns in most games don't acually shoot pellets user and instead just shoot a bunch of bullets.

>tfw you turn into a whirlwinding pinball machine of death with your melee Athena build

Is there any build more fun than that with the shooting star, probe, and excalibastard?

I hated BL2's manufacturer gimmicks and legendaries. Like the entire game revolved around the Bee shield and Conference Call shotgun for the longest time. Even after the setup got nerfed, the game still boils down to very few viable end game weapons and shields.

BL1 had fun and super OP uniques like the Defiler, the Crux, Hellfire, Volcano, Liquid Orion, Masher, Skullmasher, Cobra, etc. that were all enjoyable. I can't think of many unique or legendary weapons that I really enjoy in BL2.

Torgue is ruined because all bullets are slow moving projectiles, and Hyperion is ruined because most of their weapons suck unless fired continuously.

Yeah, any weapon that says x# is going to divide the damage of the AMP shot between the # bullets/pellets

"pellets", fuck off /k/

This was the best weapon for a melee Zero.

the dragon tooth sword completely broke deus ex's balance, not that the game was particularly well balanced without it but it allows you to just run around hacking everything to bits in what's supposed to be largely a stealth game

And for krieg lad

I dont remember how but this was part of my set up for soloing the end game dragon raids from that tiny tina DLC on OP8.

The cobra isn't even a unique, it's a standard AR you can find pretty commonly. The purple rarity ones can match and even surpass the power of many Legendaries. In fact, there are tons of very reliable non-unique weapons in BL1 that are still powerful even on playthrough 2.5

I can't think of a single non-unique weapon from BL2 that can claim that. This is the thing I hate about BL2. Unless you're using an Unkempt Harold, or a Sand-hawk, or any of the few top tier weapons in that game, you're gonna have a bad time.

if we're including random drops, this thing trivialized an already easy game.

when did melee zero git gud
like what level
I remember trying it and it was really lacklustre
do you just level to a certain point normally and then go to melee? Or was I some kind of high class retard to unequip all my guns from the start of the game

I haven't really played with Krieg much. How fun is a melee Krieg build when compared to a melee Zer0 build?

You were a high-class retard.

You level normally until you get to at least level 20 iirc, pick up the best melee damage boosting guns you can, and THEN swap over.

thanks
I mean i'll never pick up the game again, but thanks

Deus ex pistol

>dragon's tooth
>broken

I'd say using melee at all in DX is playing hard mode. Any ranged weapon can clear out enemies like nothing. The pistol in particular is incredibly broken.

>literally perfectly accurate at any range after one super rare upgrade which you find on the first fucking level
>can one or two hit kill just about anything
>ammo everywhere

>super rare upgrade

Laser sight?

I hated how this was the only pistol worth shit in lategame.

>all this Borderlands

Fuck, now I need to reinstall.

I need a new HDD though. What do you recommend these days? I am still wary of WD and Maxtor (several of their HDDs shat themselves on me).

Borderlands 2 is a fucking disgrace tbqh

any HDD has a chance to shit the bed.
Cred Forums typically recommends HGST and Toshiba just because they target more of an enterprise market (typical) but they're supposed to be pretty reliable.
Seagate is about as bad as WD, there was a chart floating around that made Seagate look terrible in comparison but most recently they're pretty much the same in terms of reliability.
You get what you pay for, if you buy the cheapest "archive" desktop HDD it's not going to last that long (well it might but don't depend on it).

No, man. Torgue Cobra, like the Cobra Assault Guns from Robocop.

Except Vanilla Thorn was pretty bad. It took the buff to mag size to make it into the stupid funsucker gun it became.

Since Bungivision dropped support for last gen, I haven't kept up with the RoI stuff, did Thorn get a confirmed update?

Man, Krieg was such a letdown. I wanted to like him and do a strong melee build, but that one goddamn skill that had a certain percentage of hitting yourself and until I respec I would get killed by it most of the time. It seemed like that I hit myself way over 50% of the time, and the chance to not hit myself seemed like 25% at max level.

>How to kill super crab boss: the gun
This shit works so great, enemies at long range? Snipe them, enemies going to melee you? Use it like a shotgun and it still chew them like wet paper
I'm still mad that they decide to drop Atlas and S&S for the fucking Bandit, and then I can never use Dahl sniper again, Torgue is only good for rocket and Hyperion is only good for shotgun/smg, surprisingly Jakob becomes my new favorite while Maliwan is still OP as fuck

>ammo everywhere
there is absolutely no pistol ammo for the last third of the game

I always liked The Bee, but I wouldn't call it gamebreaking or OP. Maybe powerful

>implying it isn't easier to use than any other weapon
having an achiles heel doesnt make it balanced

It's way more fun, dunno if deadlier.

Max level of that skill had 0% chance to hit yourself, so you had to never have finished it.

Or you were lighting yourself on fire.

The problem with BL2 is that it's extremely tough to actually get a new gun that isn't riddled with gimmicky bullshit that makes it unusable, whereas BL1 the worst you can get is a shotgun or a revolver with 2 rounds in it(If I'm remembering right) and an assault rifle that isn't an automatic. Pretty much everything else you find will either be equal or better than anything around you as a common drop, and you never had to farm any sort of legendary weapon at all to beat absolutely everything, whereas in BL2 it feels like if you don't you're completely screwed.

Darkwood grain ring completely broke pvp. Thankfully this was widely known in the ds community so a lot of people didn't use it on purpose to have fair duels(aka Dark Souls etiquette).

I would add the flamethrower from Deus Ex to the list. You could stunlock the men in black to death and made fighting Anna a joke.

The lategame is pretty horrible generally to be fair.

I didn't have as much fun in 2 as in 1 (haven't played TPS)
But 2 definitely is not fun in VH and UVH modes, since you must have a slag gun to even come close to doing anything.
Slag is easily the worst mechanic ever to be introduced

Use it with this shield for a fun time

>TFW be on UVHM without DLC's with my lacklusting 50 lvl Zer0

i remember a hacker joining my game and dropping a machinegun sniper that trivialized of all things pvp because it sent enemies across the map in borderlands what was it called? it had 20 bullets that was spent in a second it was fucking crazy, didn't do shit for damage but they flew

youtube.com/watch?v=xPInFqUbt7M

>Max level of that skill had 0% chance to hit yourself
Nope, I was just playing Krieg a few weeks ago, max level is still 12%

borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Silence_the_Voices

>UVHM without DLC
UVHM is DLC you fucking liar

So Cred Forums
Double up or Gemini?

it is coming to RoI, with severely reduced range from send it making it worse than the eyesluna if you have a good roll on it.

really, the legendary HC out performs any exotic barring LW in certain situations

Literally using kunai as a crutch to mask my shit weapons on my zero

So, which site is actually correct, because using the BL2skills calculator says that it's 0% chance at self damage at Rank 5.

Welp, glad I decided to write off Bungie then. As much as I enjoyed the game, they way they told us old-gen players to go fuck ourselves was too much.

Double Up kinda sucks since you can just slag shit yourself with no difference being made. Gemini offers more utility and has a better skill tree in general.

Though you can just get both now with the higher level cap

WD is still gud though. Never had a drive fail on me in 4 years and counting.
HGST is a good alternative, depending who you ask, even better than WD

It was mainly powerful when firing from behind cover as Gaige.

I picked up an explosive pipe pistol in the Corvega plant that did the same for me. Carried that thing all the way up till level ~50 when i finally upgraded to the Spray n' Pray.

yeah, lots of OP weapons in FO4.
But any flamer weapon with stagger is just too funny.
Each particle counts as a hit with a chance to stagger and it has a huge radius, meaning you have basically guaranteed staggers over and over stunlocking any enemy.
It's hilarious on power armor enemies, especially with the perk that gives a chance that they'll drop their weapon (since the number of hits also makes that pretty much guaranteed)

>So, which site is actually correct
The one I linked, I maxed that skill and it definitely does not drop down to 0%

Frankly I LOVED the 2 round Shotguns and Revolvers. They had the benefit of having much higher damage.

I had a 2 Shot, Legendary Tediore Masher that I loved. The ammo regeneration was fast enough that it would never run out of ammo and it still did really good damage.

Ridiculously common ammo, truckloads of damage and hilarious amounts of durability. It's so powerful that the autofire function isn't necessary in any single point of the game, unless you want to do a few victory laps around the final room in Body of the Many to spawn a metric asston of rumblers just so you can watch them all die in five seconds flat. Very few things can stack up to this thing, honorable mention goes to SS2's grenade launcher, but that's because it's bugged to fuck and it still doesn't break the game as hard.

Interesting. I have neither HGST, nor Toshiba on the page I usually order (deutschfag here)

They're commonly marketed as Hitachi, you might have more luck finding results with that

>Explosive auto-shotgun

Thank you.

I'm about to order 2 WD Blue 1000s, though, since they're on sale.

>Tfw using The Bee and Conference Call before the nerf