Why does no one on slash vee slash ever talk about this game...

Why does no one on slash vee slash ever talk about this game? It's literally made for the gamers and is one hundred percentage pure gameplay

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/526600/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Would have been perfect if it had online, kind of insanely disappointed that it doesn't

You must not be a true gamer then, this is for on the shitter. You don't own a wiiu? Are you poor?

What's the point of a game entirely about custom level creation, if you have no ability to share your custom levels?

>Such a gamer he needs to game while he poops

how the fuck do you get levels then

But that's why you own a 3ds. To play shitty games.

>having no friends
I mean, I understand why you have no friends if you have no wiiu they don't want to come over

with your friends

Maybe he's not in middle school so he doesn't have friends who buy every Nintendo product and aren't interested in a level editor

Didn't they clarify the online a bit? I remember hearing that you can play online levels, but you can't search for them directly and have to randomly get one from the 100 Map thing. You also can't actually upload your maps to the cloud. It's pretty gimped and stupid that it's even being released as such, but it's not completely gimped. Who am I even kidding here? It's fucked.

Then that would only prove my point

>sony does paid online
>suddenly okay

Was mildly interested in it until I heard there's no online.

I'm having a hard time thinking of a more pointless exclusion of a feature in another game besides this one.

Feels weak, I can't imagine why they wouldn't just leave it as it was. Guess they can't just go ahead and say "sorry our online is rubbish and our 3DS are made of old korean calculators"

What about slopes?

Overall, Super Mario Maker isn't even really worth making large threads about, even for the Wii U version.
The updates stopped, and otherwise it's just.. making and playing Mario levels. The most you can do is circlejerk yet again about what's not in the game and pass around levels and critique, but otherwise the community longevity is mainly in the custom levels and that's it.

The fact that the 3DS version's abandoning online downloads just means there's no reason to bother with it.

But it has new DLC does it not? You can buy amiibo™ and play as an anime loli

There isn't much to talk about. Just play the levels and enjoy the ride.
You know, you could actually talk about the principles of level design but I don't expect people on Cred Forums, that eats shit with terrible level design and praises it (Sunshine), to understand what level design is.

PC got the definitive edition
store.steampowered.com/app/526600/

If this legitimately has good controls and a community, I would instantly buy this.

>You don't own a Wii U?
Hardly anyone does. I don't know anyone who does except 2 people.
The 3ds outsold the Wii U like mad. Most people with a 3ds by that token do not have a a Wii U.

Wii U by all accounts was a collosal failure.

It's a watered-down port of the Wii U version, and the Wii U version still gives me buyer's remose even though I've probably played enough of the game to get my money's worth, just because there's so much that's not there that would improve the game by being there.

I'll continue wanting to make an actual ROMhack but being too lazy to learn the assembly necessary to actually do it. That hypothetical day where I just do it will be great.

I don't like platformers anymore.

DMCA when jesus

>It's literally made for the gamers

ROM hacking SMW or NSMB DS isn't hard at all.

If I'm playing this while taking a shit, it kinda simulates the feeling of owning a WiiU though, doesn't it?

>I'm having a hard time thinking of a more pointless exclusion of a feature in another game besides this one.

RE Revelations 2 only allowing *local* multiplayer was pretty dumb as rocks too.

Also Ghostbusters 2009 cutting multiplayer entirely from the PC release for no reason whatsoever.

>'ll continue wanting to make an actual ROMhack but being too lazy to learn the assembly necessary to actually do it

You can literally just download lunar magic and start editing SMW right away-

I want to hack SMB3, since my first Mario game was All-Stars and SMB3 was my favorite from that compilation. I know there's a full disassembly of the game from 2011, and I imagine if I knew assembly it'd be really easy to use, I just need to take the time and learn it.

SMW is a more developed base, but if I'm going to devote myself to a hack I think going the extra mile and hacking my favorite Mario game will be more fun. That, and Super Mario Bros. 3mix blows every SMW hack I've ever played out of the water (and there are a lot of good SMW hacks).

>3mix blows every SMW hack I've ever played out of the water
lol

You got a problem with it? I know some people dislike the custom music but I think outside 1-2 tracks they're all fine.

They did when the Wii U version first came out

DMCA's are inherently consumer unfriendly.
Why would you wish for such a thing?

3ds is like the thing for little kids. It's a budget handheld

>made for the gamers
oh for fucks sake

It's not that I dislike Lunar Magic, it's just that I wished for a complete package from an official source that actually went beyond the limits of LM or ASM.

LM is just a tool but you can't truly edit levels, you can't truly change enemy behaviour, size, sprites to make it feel truly unique.

Yeah you can, just takes a little bit of sweat.

>store.steampowered.com/app/526600/
reported it to nintendo.

Expect a lawyer soon.

Torrent where? I want to genuinely try out how it controls

Wii U version's boring unless you're creative.
3DS version's the same and it has no online, so it's completely worthless.

>creative
lol, you can't be creative with a coloring book

What's new? Koopings? Slopes?

>Buying the same game twice

>gutted out the amiibo costumes and online mode

so this....is the power.....of neo nintendo....

because the PC community has been making infinitely better levels for eons before nintendo slurped up and shat out a piece of shit editor that doesn't even have fucking SLOPES or new items that only autists play when being paid by nintendo

too bad hes narcissa now

What the fuck is this slope meme? How are people salty over not getting slopes?

?

They're just slopes, it's not like you need slopes in a platformer game, it's just a great mechanic

HAKUMEN

Sliding through a group of Goombas is like the most fun thing possible in Mario 3.

I'm more pissed that the Mario World spin jump doesn't work remotely the way it's supposed to and that there's no Mario 2 stuff.

Slopes are fucking great, man. They let you change your vertical position without jumping or entering mid-air (which would make you unable to jump unti you land), and let enemies raise their vertical position when they otherwise might not be able to (like a Goomba without wings). Also sliding is fun as fuck.

Go play Stages 1-2 and 1-5 of SMB3 right now and try to tell me they would be as good as they are, that you could pull off the level design they did, if you weren't allowed to make slopes.

They aren't necessary to make a good stage, but they greatly increase your options for stage building. Even if you only had 45-degree slopes, that would be a huge boost. Ideally I'd ask for 22.5-degree slopes as well,

>unironically wanting slopes
Who FUCKING STILL CARES ABOUT SLOPES?
Like seriously get the fuck over it and buy the amiibo already.

why are you upset about ONE FEATURE when they added so much god damn stuff?

Because Cred Forums is full of retards who have to cling to the tiniest problem and make a mountain out of a mole hill of it.

user, you're agreeing with a blatant falseflagging shitposter. Like he isn't even hiding it, he even mentioned "buy the amiibo," he's clearly doing it in jest.

I'm drunk and alone.

They added features with the amiibo which is why you need to buy the amiibo?

>Buying this piece of garbage

I have the wii u version. Why should I get a version without costumes or online?

>You can take a shit and make some levels

Um, the Wii U version too.

I pirate 99.9% of 3DS games but if they PATCH online sharing in I will buy this game.

If they seriously decide to keep it offline only I won't even steal it.

The backlash has to be large enough to make them reconsider. I genuinly want to sign a petition or something. Get the word out there.

Yes I know
>petition