How do we make them threatening? They're meant to be the biggest threat in the galaxy any the namesake of the series...

How do we make them threatening? They're meant to be the biggest threat in the galaxy any the namesake of the series, so why are they such pushovers?

Other urls found in this thread:

wetpussygames.com/adult-games/samus-alien-sex.html
youtube.com/watch?v=bei0bUlo5AE
ign.com/articles/2015/06/17/e3-2015-what-metroid-primes-producer-wants-in-the-next-sequel
eurogamer.net/articles/2015-07-01-metroid-prime-federation-force-dev-explains-decision-to-not-focus-on-samus
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They aren't pushovers in the NES Metroid.

All Nintendo needs to do is make them aggressive and do more damage per second to make you want to get them off of you faster.

Cuz' in 2d they can fly through walls, and it's hard to hit them.

In 3d fps you can't just have them come up behind you, since that would be pretty bullshit.

One way would be to make sort of like, iron maidens from RE4, fucking horrifying "NO GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME!!!!". Like, make them fast, make them chase you, make it so whenever you're looking at them they move faster towards you, thus encouraging the player to run away.

You can also make them break through doors, like nemesis in RE3, since doors in metroid games make you feel safe.

The only non-casual Metroid is the original.
Players have to resort to avoiding upgrades to get any challenge out of the rest of the series.
Metroids can at least look threatening when they mature, but you don't get to see that side of them often enough.

>fusion is easy
Fuck off, that game is legit har-
Oh, right, metroids, of which there are none in fusion.

Fusion is so babbymode that you can do a legit 1% challenge run where the only item you pick up that's none essential is a single missile expansion.

Metroid Prime was a pushover?

That thing took like 200 shots and that was it's first form.

Isn't the end boss a metroid?

>Nintendo
>Ever doing hard games again
The hardest part would be actually getting all the game content without paying more for it.

Yeah, but it's just Super Mother Brain again, but even easier.

What's your point? Low% runs aren't exclusive to Fusion.

To see something made from pieces of her sacrifice itself to save her.
Motherhood really is the true super power

Mutated Metroids are special cases. You either need the specific radiation that comes out of SR388 or you need Phazon, and those things are hardly common.

Oh, right, forgot about that.

someone should make a legion metroid ball

threatening in numbers

They're a threat if you find a way to mutate them (which doesn't seem that hard given their biology), or if you unleash them upon an enemy that doesn't know how to deal with them.

Nintendo doesn't release unfinished games.

>B-BUT DLC
So are devs not supposed to develop extra content after the game is released? I would rather have more content than less.

weaponized entropy is kinda hard to come across

Yes, let us not forget sakurai waited an entire year to start developing smash dlc because he knows day one disc locked content is terrible

>Classic Metroid
>They need to be frozen and then missiled to death

>Metroid 2
>All evolved Metroids lose their cold weakness, so they only just need to be missiled to death on their weakspots

>Fusion
>Omega Metroid dies to the Ice Beam but is immune to all else, contradicting the above

>Prime 1-3
>You can kill regular ones with nearly anything, freezing with Ice or Dark Beam then missiles simply just makes the job easier

>Prime Hunters
>There's no Metroids in the base game, only in the demo

>Other M
>GFeds trying to breed out the Metroid's cold weakness when they lose it upon evolving anyway

>Believing their lies
Good goys

Sakamoto just decided at Fusion that ice is the one and only weakness Metroids have and for whatever reason that weakness is super duper important.

It's probably one of the dumbest plot points in Fusion and demonstrated his general lack of understanding of his own series.

That's why Samus was unable to use ice beams until she fused with a copy of her true self, purging the metroid dna from her.

Just make them fast. They're pretty small, so if they're zipping around and if they're resistant to most weapons, that's pretty threatening.

There's a document either outside the games or in Prime that states Metroids undergo different life cycles depending on their environments.

Otherwise Metroids are pushovers in every game besides the first two. Absolute pushovers.

Metroids are drawn to the energy of living beings, since they can absorb all possible forms of energy from a living being until the host no longer has any energy, which kills the host as well.

Their ultimate weakness therefore is the opposite of energy =all things cold to the point of absolute zero.

And they can also reproduce asexually if exposed to large amounts of beta wave radiation.

So, yeah. Live in the south or north pole if metroids invade, etc...

>Sakamoto
Never was his game to begin with

>purging the metroid dna from her
How's that fanfic coming along? Great so far, I see

Samus got DNA from THE BABY, which was cold-vulnerable as it never evolved. Why Fusion's Omega doesn't like freeziepops will never be explained.

Because they were not truly evolved from THE BABY clone on the BSL

Fission Metroids were kind of obnoxious though, especially in the PAL version where they show up in the mines post-Phazon Suit. Though you can just Power Bomb them off

>his general lack of understanding of his own series.
Well, Sakamoto wasn't even involved in the creation of Samus as a character nor was he involved in the creation of the Metroid universe, so it shouldn't be surprising that he has a limited understanding of the series' lore.

>Sakamoto wasn't even involved in the creation of Samus
He shouldn't have been allowed to give her the fucking mole, then

I wasn't involved in the creation of the Metroid universe at all and I still know basic things like "Metroids aren't vulnerable only to ice and nothing else" because I actually played the games.

Well, apparently the last game Hiroji Kiyotake directly worked on was Wario Land 4 and as for Makoto Kano apparently the last game he directly worked on was Super Metroid.

So when the two guys that were responsible for Samus and the scenario aren't working on the series anymore and the head producer leaves the company and dies, I guess responsibility of the series goes to one of the artists for the original game.

To play devil's advocate a tiny bit, Sakamoto was not involved with Metroid II at all, so the whole "Metroids losing their vulnerability to ice after evolving" is something he might not know.

>To play devil's advocate a tiny bit, Sakamoto was not involved with Metroid II at all, so the whole "Metroids losing their vulnerability to ice after evolving" is something he might not know.

Which is strange since he references it often enough later. The Metroid Evolutions in Fusion including the Omega Metroid final boss. The Metroid Queen in Other M.

That's not an excuse, if it were just a retcon it would be dumb and contrived but him not knowing at all would be even worse. If he's in charge of the entire goddamn series, he should know this shit, especially if he's going to try and make plot points about it.

Again, one doesn't have to be involved with the creation of these things to know the details of them. They just have to play them, or hell, just do the smallest bit of research.

They're the biggest threat to the galaxy, sure.

Samus was purpose-trained to destroy them, though.

I wasn't excusing him, I was just saying it could partially explain his ineptitude. I agree that he should know his shit if he's going to be in control of the series, but I'm willing to throw him the tiniest of bones since he didn't do anything for M2.

Even for the stuff that doesn't contradict lore, the new lore he's added to the series while being in control of it has just...sucked.

Hard mode Zero Mission had some terrifying Metroids. They unfreeze fast, they swarm you 2-3 at a time, and you don't have any power bombs to make them fuck off easily.

Fission Metroids were pretty awful too

But do they know the metroids were built by the Chozo to contain an even bigger threat!!

Who is "they"

The ones who trained Samus WERE the Chozo...

I guess, though I'd sooner believe that, since he had nothing to do with Metroid 2, he just has no respect for it.

I just think the bizarre push he made for this idea of Metroids only being weak to cold temperatures was really dumb, since most games in the series directly contradict it.

That's probably a good stance to take on the matter, considering what we know about Sakamoto.

I mean, he had more involvement in the development of Super Metroid than he did the original game and in Super you can use Power Bombs to kill Metroids. I forget if you can do that in ZM and/or Fusion.

There's no Metroids left once you have power bombs in ZM, but they don't work even if you have them.

How were the pirates able to clone/breed Metroids in Tourian without them getting all fucked up?

The aurora unit designated "Mother Brain" had the ability to telepathically commune with and empathize with the metroid, giving it a control over them as if they were its own children.
Hence the name "Mother"

There's no rule saying you can't clone Metroids. It's just that it's impossible to get past the larval form without SR388. Seriously it's a plot point in like 2 games.

Fission Metroids were fucking delicious. It was exactly the kind of difficulty Prime needed. Only downside is the fact that they drain very little of Samus' energy.

Give Samus a huge penis and have them attach to it and suck out her life force

No, give the metroids penises and have them fuck Samus until she turns into a metroid. There are fan games where this happens.

Were Hunter Metroids a result of Tallon's environment or the phazon? Because spooky Metroids that sap your energy with their tentacle dicks is a lot more badass than the bipedal abominations on SR388.

They're enough to be a nuisance before the Prime battle, but otherwise I felt they were underutilized.

So Hunter Metroids? Minus the TF part. What fangames?

Probably phazon, as the draining tentacles are also a trait of the Hatchers that in Corruption appear in various phazon-infected enviroments on different planets

They just need to do more damage. Maybe %age based of your health rather than just a flat number as when you gain a fuck load of energy tanks you can basically ignore them. They become less threatening and more of an annoyance. Also have them move quicker and try to dodge your attacks.
Yeah its due to them aging under the effects of phazon.

So is Metroid Prime actually a Metroid or does it simply just exhibit similar traits to be given the label?

>What fangames?

wetpussygames.com/adult-games/samus-alien-sex.html

Just start the game and leave it running to see what the metroids do to Samus.

Why does it have a friggen face? With expressions?!

So it can eat the phazon suit to become the Dark Samus

Pha...zon?

With the PAL rewrite, it's assumed that a stray Metroid somehow found a crack in the Chozo's unbreakable barrier and waltzed on into the Impact Crater. It's the one bit of writing they were never able to get quite right, despite being something so important.

NTSC is that the Metroid was always there, right?

Yeah. It also said the Pirates captured Metroid Prime, which is where most of the rewriting went since that made no sense. I think it would have worked if they stuck with Prime being a creature that was sent along with the Leviathan, while leaving out the Metroid part. The only problem being the glaring similarities it shares with Metroids.

Neither really make sense. I guess they put the shield up not realising there was a Metroid still inside or something (There's fuckload in there after all). Bu it's implied the Pirates were the ones who brought Metroids to Tallon which is years since the shield went up.

>It's just a secondary loss state and you only see it briefly

Welp.

Also kited all the Metroids, killed them, and the bigger one at the end seems to either be invincible or is taking a shitload of beam fire to kill.

>while leaving out the Metroid part. The only problem being the glaring similarities it shares with Metroids.
I take this back. Prime can create Metroids and the Metroids in Impact Crater are probably ones that it spawned. It's 100% Metroid, that can't be explained away without changing the game.

I can't believe the same people behind Super Metroid were behind THIS.

youtube.com/watch?v=bei0bUlo5AE

because thats it toddler form.

A) You mainly fight them as babies, full grown ones are equivalent to Doomsday
B) Samus is the most powerful weapon in the universe

Obviously they aren't all going to be insta death.

The big one? You kill it by wearing it down until it's giant dick comes out, then you freeze it and ride the dick. You have to do it a couple times.

>How's that fanfic coming along?
I will never understand why faggots (including Sakamoto) try to bend established characters to their own narrative which conflicts with established lore

Just make your own OC and call it a fucking day

make them semi-translucent in 3D to explain why they can phase through walls

but this whole discussion is pointless because

>Nintendo
>Giving a flying fuck about Metroid

it's amazing how one bad game managed to completely kill the franchise for good

>ice is the only weakness
what about massive force like with fusion's ending of crashing into a planet?

Metroid Prime 4 and onwards is gonna be about how Metroid Prime came to be with Sylux stealing a baby Metroid to redo that process.

screencap this

They need to have a metroid hit a sun and become a planet size mother metroid spawing millions of metroids.

Its kinda implied that this is what would happen since Metroid eat up energy but mainly radiation to evolve.

Plus i mean despite being made to eat that virus they are pretty much a predator to everything and would be killer in a swarm.

Metroids have feelwings too ya know :^(

>The only non-casual Metroid is the original.
>Players have to resort to avoiding upgrades to get any challenge out of the rest of the series.

Are you fucking serious right now?

Metroid 1 was literally designed to sell player's guides / issues of Nintendo Power (80s equivalent of pre-order bonuses and DLC scams). Retardedly hard at first just because Samus has an awkward time dealing with anything that approaches her from any angle but directly ahead of her (she can't even fucking crouch fire let alone shoot diagonal), but then suddenly retardedly easy once you get a couple of upgrades that are stashed away inside of the wall of a hidden pit which is also inside of a hidden pit because the it turns out you can bomb your way into the lava under the bridge and you pass right through the middle section. But why would anyone ever think to do that near the beginning of the game?

Seriously, if you had a map with the upgrades the game was suddenly super-duper easy maximum mode. "Players having to resort to avoiding upgrades to get any challenge" literally describes Metroid 1 perfectly.

Japanese Fusion has a hard mode. I really wish Murikan version had it, Hard Mode on Zero Mission was actually a lot of fun.

b-but shitnabe said they are done with the phazon plot

Guess I'll try it, game is buggy as fuck though

>how do we do this
>how do we do that

Why don't you just comes to term with the fact that this series is dead, and that Prime killed it.

It'd be kind of hot to cover yourself in plastic wrap and let a metroid suck you

Why does everyone think that fucking ship was Sylux? The ship literally looks exactly like Dark Samus in the same way Samus' ship looks like her, and looks literally nothing like Sylux's ship, the Delano 7.

I don't care if one of the devs confirmed that stupid theory like a decade later, he's retarded and probably just pandering to the fanbase because he wants his old job back.

>Japanese Fusion has a hard mode. I really wish Murikan version had it, Hard Mode on Zero Mission was actually a lot of fun.
ikr right? also exclusive endings based on the e-manga
>the japanese version of Metroid Prime was much harder than the American/European release

They are threatening user. They suck a big amount of energy from you, and it's hard to get rid of them without ice beam + missiles.

>Why does everyone think that fucking ship was Sylux?
because it is?
ign.com/articles/2015/06/17/e3-2015-what-metroid-primes-producer-wants-in-the-next-sequel

this was the second time he had to confirm this

I just completed it. Remember to switch to freeze mode at the start so you can fuck the chozo statue and get the range upgrade.

When you get to the big metroid shoot it a ton until it flashes or something, then switch to freeze mode to make it's dick come out. Jump at the dick to ride it. You can also freeze and jump on smaller metroids to regain health.

>Why does everyone think that fucking ship was Sylux?
>I don't care if one of the devs confirmed that stupid theory like a decade later

>no! it's not sylux! dark samus is stil alive! my headcanon says so

>How do we make them threatening?
We give them....GOOGLY EYES!

it sure as shit isn't the Delano 7

I just figured that it was DS' ship on auto-pilot

Metroids are super weak in Federation Force and it's bullshit. If they're that easy to kill then why did they even need to send Samus to SR-388 in the first place?

Even a single Metroid should be too much for human technology to handle.

>what is Splatoon

>it sure as shit isn't the Delano 7
don't avoid my post senpai

I've had him with his dick out a few times, but I usually end up jumping through him and take damage. Will try it again though

this game was fun

At least in FF they're gigantic mechs or something. Doesn't Adam just kill one with a handgun in Other M?

That was just a tactical decision to not overwhelm players with complexity day one.
It's not like they ever charged for that either, outside of being too busy working on that to make a full animal crossing game and thus amiibo festival and happy home designer

>it sure as shit isn't the Delano 7

>no! it's not sylux! dark samus is stil alive! my headcanon says so
and since when DS had a ship?

Freeze him when the dick comes out, then move up and jump when right at the dick. You'll still take a little damage after you exit the animation. You can regain it from freezing and fucking the falling metroids, or you just make sure you enter the fight with 100 health and you should be able to ignore the damage. After riding the dick for the 3rd time, you'll win the game.

It was a cutting edge Samus' ice beam handgun, mind you.

Wasn't avoiding, I just thought I already implied my thoughts on the matter: This was confirmed almost a fucking decade later. They clearly did not model the Delano 7 and clearly DID model a ship that is supposed to look like Dark Samus. Going back and claiming that it really WAS Sylux's ship is just, well, stupid.

It's effectively a retarded retcon. The devs probably just heard that stupid fantheory and thought it sounded cool. Kind of like that whole OoT split-timeline dealy that was eventually canonized by Hyrule Historia.

I imagine she didn't just float light-years from planet to planet.

and don't forget the Golems had ice beams to demolish the freaks easily

you guys pirated/rented/borrowed the game and PLAYED it, didn't you?

The Fed Force mechs are literally the cutting edge of Federation technology, and they're fucking huge. They'd never fit into the cave complexes on SR-388 and they're weaker than Samus anyway.

Plus Samus practically volunteers for these things. If you've got a resource you may as well use it.

>They clearly did not model the Delano 7 and clearly DID model a ship that is supposed to look like Dark Samus
user, "clearly" doesn't mean it's a objective fact.

it's just your headcanon. Dark Samus is dead and gone

Because Samus' gunship never changes designs between games.

Well, rode the dick three times, stuff happened, and it faded to black. I guess I won?

Has anyone ripped the model for the Prime 3 Delano 7? I'm curious what it looks like from other angles.

what never changes is that it always resembles its pilot

left looks like Sylux, right... does not. Because it's not Sylux's fucking ship.

Will you stop with the strawman. I don't think Dark Samus is alive. And yes it is objective, you can look at the pic with your eyes without making any value judgements or forming any opinions. They're not the same.

the helix-like structure of the lockjaw should have just gave it away already

why are people still in denial?
eurogamer.net/articles/2015-07-01-metroid-prime-federation-force-dev-explains-decision-to-not-focus-on-samus
>But Dark Samus and Phazon, key story elements from the other Metroid Prime games, will not feature. Their story is now told, Tanabe explained

her MP3 ship was in FF, senpai

Other M:

>Ice Beam pistols are standard issue and just as effective as the real deal

Fusion:

>Suddenly they no longer know how to replicate the ice beam even though it takes place later in the timeline

god what a dumb game

Tanabe has gone on record about his raging hard-on for Sylux though.

He pretty much said Sylux would be in FF and the ending guy sure as fuck isn't Ridley.

Keep in mind Hunters and Prime 3 had different developers. It's not unreasonable to think that Retro didn't like NST's design for Sylux's ship.

>>Suddenly they no longer know how to replicate the ice beam even though it takes place later in the timeline
wat?

why couldn't tanabe like one of the interesting hunters instead

like spire

I thought it was just that Metroid DNA makes Samus biologically incompatible with ice beams.

Because in 2, Feds tried to do the rambo thing, but failed at even getting past level 1 of the cave.

Because Spire is shit

They also didn't have the ability to mass produce Samus-lite back when Metroid 2 was made and now suddenly they do.

But her MP1 ship wasn't in MP2, which wasn't in MP3.

All the Hunters have potential. Tanabe is interested in telling the Federation's story at the moment, and Sylux is the one with the closest relation to them. If he wanted to explore the Space Pirates' side of things, he'd probably be using Weavel, and so on and so forth.

>They also didn't have the ability to mass produce Samus-lite back when Metroid 2 was made
[citation needed]
Remember that the Golems couldn't have operated effectively on SR-388. Even scaled down to Samus' size they would have been unable to deal with the passages requiring the Morph Ball.

would wants a prime game to revolve around about a random rock monster who fled from his planet?

i rather Weavel or Trace of the Kriken Empire

Hunters 2 might be cool

eh, since when were they supposed to be biggest threat in the galaxy? theyre glorified subservient batteries with vampire powers. always have been. theyve never really amounted or shown to be anything more than a tool

Its a Cinematic thing.
Whoever is in Charge of Metroid, do not understand WHY they are a threat.
What they are, is apex predators that eat energy sources, with a power level high enough to eat capital planets with only time as a restraint.
Each stage in its morphology is exponentially more dangerous than the last.

Which is why the writing gets stupider and stupider.
Sakamoto and his cinematics is the biggest one: If the Metroids could be stopped with Standard issue Ice & Plasma guns, they would never even be a threat.
Instead its super ambigious if the self destructs even harm the metroids, or just crash them into the planets once they use the Gravity Well.

I understand that Japan isn't used to dealing with Out of the Box Super Fiction, but one could at the least try.
Even Federation Force thrives on Primes Lore, and not 1/2/Supers either. Federation Force is about the concept art for the Federation GIGA SUITS, but the rest of the plut is rather stupid and lackluster.

>And yes it is objective,
>MY OPINION IS A FACT
the pettiest of things user

i can scream about how "rundas was supposed to be part of noxus' race but retconned from the final game" too you know

he's spouting shit from his ass, don't mind him

They drained too little energy, and in addition they were complete chumps in the face of bombs. If regular metroids are going to be a threat again, they need the insane grip power and speed they had in the first Metroid.

and? the blue-green ship wasn't samus' ship (especially when it appeared after Samus just left the place.)

headcanon autist, shoo.

i blame threads about a WH40k Space Marine fighting a Metroid

people tend to overrate shit when it comes to Metroid lore.

Wassn't the Emperor Ing much more of a threat?

He was about this fuck all kinds of things up if Samus hadn't conveniently landed on Aether when she did.

I dunno about the Feds, but something bending life to his will sounds a bit more dangerous than a couple of Space Pirate experiments eating the ship crew for the 20th time.

Should I call for an ambulance?

>the blue-green ship wasn't samus' ship
That was never contested. Reread the conversation chain, I think you got mixed up somewhere.

>two games already with Sylux cliffhanger
>literally 8 years apart
So how likely are we to see the payoff of these cliffhangers in the near future? How likely is it to be a post-Fusion game?
When does FF even happen?

i'll call one just for you bby ;)

>When does FF even happen?
same as the Primes took place, after MP3

>How likely is it to be a post-Fusion game?
0%

FF takes place right after the events of Dark Samus

Emperor Ing was unrestrained, had a handful of decades more than Prime to grow, and spawned an entire race that did its bidding.

And even then, it was nowhere as big of a threat as Metroid Prime ended up being in Corruption.

There's no trace of mechs in any game set after Metroid 2, except for maybe those 2 guys you saw at the beginning of Fusion.

Normal humans couldn't fit through those morph ball tunnels either. Even if they went prone they wouldn't be able to deal with the twists and turns that you see in the game.

It makes you wonder how the Feds even reached the Metroids that they all got killed by in the first place.

>FF happens in 20X6, several years after Corruption
>ZM happens in 20X5
Isn't necessarily contradictory. FF could have happened 7 years after Corruption, since IIRC Corruption happens about a year after Prime 1, in 20X9.

I think Ing are one step below X and Phazon in the "will fuck the galaxy up" category. They don't have the hive mind and singular purpose of those, and are more of a race of individualistic, social-darwinist body jackers. But if they had actually won on Aether, I don't think there would be any way to stop them other than blowing up the entire planet. And that's assuming the "dark world" would stay on Aether and not spread on its own.

they got real lucky samus arrived when she did
not only would the Ing have wiped out the luminoth otherwise but they'd also had fairly unrestricted access to an FTL-capable pirate ship and start spreading to other planets

cause theyre babies you nigger. theyre the larvae to the killer moth who are not as powerful as the killer moth but yet still strong enough to kill any living being besides ice niggers

Guys

Should I get Federation Force?

I like, really don't want to on principle because Nintendo keeps fucking with my favorite game franchise. But, is it at least decent? Better than expected?

I'd say the Ing rank above the X given their ability to hijack mechanical bodies and the fact their baseline forms are (in case of warriors and hunters) already highly dangerous

>i-it's not what you think! she overpowered my authorization power!

>prime 3
>on that planet or crater thing
>going through cave
>notice all the metroid prime husks all in the walls

There's an unlockable demo in Blast Ball (which is free). You could try that.

The epilogue is worth watching.
You can just watch it on youtube.
The game is boring crap.

give them aids

wow i thought bayonetta had standards

>Should I get Federation Force?
pirated it
rent it
borrow it from your friend

you have these three options

it's Pinball-tier, meaning it's only good if you want to burn off some time.
the Lone Wolf chip still makes the game a bore to play

Just get Axiom Verge.

>we still have yet to visit the Chozo homeworld
>we still have yet to visit the Federation core world
>we still have yet to visit the original Pirate homeworld
>we still have yet to see the Pirate High Command
>we still have not gotten past Fusion

Yeah, that's it. There's other fan games like that one, but none are fully finished.

>be adam
>authorize ms. longlegs to fuck my tiny fed dick

fission metroids can be a pain in prime. If you encounter too many you've got to run.

Those fucking metroids in corruption are also a pain and necessitate hypermode on hard mode most of the time

i wonder what happened to the rest of them?

we will never see a 3D kraid

Federation Core Worlds would not be a typical Metroid location
Metroid is all about exploring the fringes, long since abandoned planets or places with wildlife hostile enough nothing intelligent WANTS to be there.

Ideally you don't meet any form of friendly intelligence or else you meet 1 and it dies halfway through.

>draws on beauty mark
>changes fighting style to kicks
>wears rocket heels
You could summon demons with your hair and you still wouldn't be me, Samus.

Stay mad.

you had a Kraid costume in Blast Ball at least

>Can I use Power Bombs yet?

It could work after Fusion if you were assaulting a secret Federation lab where they're breeding Metroids. Much like the one at the end of FF.

And you would need to stealth your way past the city section to not be detected by the feds.

They're not pushovers at all.
The Metroid you posted in your image is a freaking larva.

did an ork build that

I bet Samus could walk around in full armor on any Fed world, even after Fusion, and be protected by an army of fans looking for an autograph. Trying to arrest her in full daylight would be a PR nightmare.

I think detection would be less of an issue of having to fight the feds and more of an issue of the lab going into lockdown, purge and bail mode.

Adam is the worst self-insert piece of shit even

I'm not sure she has that many direct fans, outside of those who directly worked with her, her missions and existence would most likely be classified.

hey shut up!

Wouldn't they want her to come to their labs so they could fight her with home field advantage?

I think that could be interesting. The entire Fed obviously isn't shady. A lot of the military respect her, and there's big shots like Dane who most likely would back her up. And all Metroid-related black projects in the lab would be far away from the public eye, so they couldn't issue a planetwide arrest based on her destroying that lab without it raising questions on what was there in the first place.

>destroy Metroid-powered combat mech
>copy the research for insurance
>make it out of the lockdown and back into the city
>Black ops grinding their teeth that they can't do anything now or they get shut down even harder

>straight up thought of as overblown propaganda at best/fairy tale at worst by random feds in Echoes
>just one of a bunch of bounty hunters contracted in Corruption to help against the pirates
Criminal underexposure.

Same here.

they dont really need her anymore really. they have replicated the chozo technology pretty much and mastered the digital upgrade. by fusions time they could have already simply built their own power suit, stronger that the one sylux stole and upgrade it with all the chozo weaponry like ice beams and power bombs.

shes valuable but they dont need her alive or need her weakened or surprised. to take her down

>feds
>thinking they have any hope of overpowering Samus
The pirates knew they were fucked and were terrified of having to confront her in Echoes, and since then Samus has blown up like 4 planets and assorted space stations. And the federation is on par or worse than the Space Pirates technologically.
They should know that running is the only option that MAY work.

Numbers. Trillions per hive colony. Trillions of colony per megacolony. Trillions of megacolony in the galaxy.

Trillions of years to load them in. Trillions of crashes trying.

They are pushovers because the ones you meet in the games are fucking babies and young adults and theres only like 2 or 3 of them at a time not an entire goddamn planet worth. Just like a single lion isnt very dangerous when its in a cage. Imagine if all the dogs and cats on earth were turned into metroids, and can you see the huge problem that would be to contain.

Arthopods, Cnidaria, and Cephalopods must all be destroyed.

find it amazing Miyamoto has yet to fuck up a "new type" of Metroid game

he was only involved in the first game and spectating the second game

I don't know how worried I should be about that quote. What's Metroid Blast like?

play the game first

the camera's a bit weird

I did like the starship though.
It looked like it had a sick sound system.

>using the lone wolf chip.
It's like you don't even want to get high scores. There's no reason you should ever need to use the lone wolf chip.

X baseline is literally unkillable unless you're a Metroid. You can't hit it with beams or missiles. Absorbing is the only possible way to destroy X parasites

False. Space Pirates have always been the greatest threat.
They created metroid prime.
The Metroids only purpose was to get rid of SA-X

You managed to be wrong on every single count. Congratulations!

how so? is dark samus the metroid prime? or does the metroid prime show up again in 3?

I only played MP1

Watch the 100% ending in prime 1

yeah I know, dark samus' hand sticks up out of the phazon. Are we to take it that that's the MP? I thought that was just "lol phazon gonna phazon"

>Metroids were created to defeat SA-X
>wrong
>Space Pirates didnt bacially do a ton a experiments to weaponize Metorid Prime
>wrong
>Samus's main enemy in every major game and usually the reason for her missions are not the greatest threat
>wrong

Reminds me of 343 Industries with Halo, ignoring Bungie's abomination with Halo: Reach.

>SA-X
>meant X parasites, but essentually the same thing

CRATERIA IS THE BEST AREA ON SUPER METROID (AND HYPER METROID) AND NOBODY CAN TELL ME OTHERWISE BECAUSE THEY ARE OBJECTIVELY W R O N G

im sure someone has asked this before, but in super metroid, youre allowed to shoot some yellow enemies that look like goo and jump when you get near them, they bear striking resemblance to the X parasite (SPECIALLY when they jump), i was just wondering if its the same creature (they appear in multiple games with the purpose of being frozen to build paths)

Dark Samus is indeed confirmed to be Metroid Prime. It's fairly obvious throught Prime 2's scans when correlated to Prime 1's ending too.

There's a pirate log that talks about how Metroid Prime can assimilate technology into its body. The exoskeleton that you fight in the first phase is apparently just a bunch of pirate tech that it stole.

is the Phazon Suit the most powerful suit in the history of Samus?

>Metroids were created to defeat the X
This is correct.
>Space Pirates didnt bacially do a ton a experiments to weaponize Metorid Prime
For sure.
They did not in any way create it.
>Samus's main enemy in every major game and usually the reason for her missions are not the greatest threat
Metroid 2.
Echoes.
Fusion.

It certainly isn't the most stylish.

Did you even play Fusion?

the birthday suit is the strongest and best looking

Anyone else think the later stages of the metroid lifespan are super lame?

I think the cosmic calendar years are handled differently from our own calendar year.

light suit GOAT

>first time glitching outside the map