Color Splash is gonna get better reviews than Sticker Star because it has better visuals...

Color Splash is gonna get better reviews than Sticker Star because it has better visuals, humor and fixes some of the issues SS had.

How unfortunate is that.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiiudaily.com/2016/09/paper-mario-color-splash-gets-some-new-gameplay-videos/
paperbugdev.tumblr.com/
forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-paper-mario-ttyd-hd-texture-pack-v0-8d-september-9-2016
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games
youtube.com/watch?v=onScwrHP2g0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>A better game is going to get better reviews
Wow, what a shocker.

Can't wait to pirate it and hate it slightly less than Sticker Star.

Color Splash will probably be much more enjoyable than Sticker Star, but no where near as good as the originals.

Couldn't agree with both of you more.

It really is a shame though that if it DOES end up doing a lot better than Sticker Star then they will get the idea that people will be okay with them going in that direction of the series instead of going back to want we want.

If only they make a Mario RPG style game with Sticker Star's engine and art assets.
I'm a sucker for making my own party with iconic homies like Bowser.

>The mansion level has no ghost enemies and has a mini-boss that dies in one hit to a thing card
>Tfw no cute ghost grills

It's funny since the Purple area has Boos later in the game.

I think it's a decent enough twist that the ghosts haunting the Inn weren't malevolent.

We already know that you'll run into Boos later on some kind of haunted island.

Colour Splash is going to get the DmC/Ghostbusters treatment

I've actually enjoyed the adventure game feel the game has shown through previews and I'll probably enjoy it enough even though I'll just pirate it.

Not really, both DmC and Ghostbusters were garbage not made by the original devs.

Color Splash is still part of a series instead of a reboot, and it fixes most of the issues present in the Sticker Star formula. Reviews are going to be based on its own merit.

Who the fuck is that woman? WHY DO WOMEN RUIN EVERYTHING??

They should just cut out the battles and turn the series into an adventure/puzzle game.

The devs seem to think the series was always about paper gimmicks too when it was only to supplement the gameplay.

Battles are still part of the puzzle, though. Turn based combat blends with puzzle gimmicks pretty well.

Yeah but when the trailer is 90% exploration, platforming and puzzle solving i dont see why battles are needed. In fact the whole mario bros 3 section looks like super paper mario.

No one's going to buy that shit. People gave SS the benefit of the doubt, but they're not going to be fooled twice.

I do say the marketing is at least enjoyable.

That's Risa Tabata, she's kind of an assistant to Tanabe based on some of her previous roles.

>Assistant Producer for Captain Rainbow

She can redeem herself by doing one thing

Bringing Captain Rainbow to the US

I dont know what you niggers are on about. This game looks great

wiiudaily.com/2016/09/paper-mario-color-splash-gets-some-new-gameplay-videos/

preordered :^)

>want we want.
>bitch and moan about Nintendo rehashing
>bitch and moan when they don't

Fucking kill yourselves.

Color Splash IS a rehash.

>kill yourselves
>only respond to me

I found the cunt of the thread! Someone suck my dick
and by someone, I mean you

You're generalizing everyone thinks that first of all.

Second of all Color Splash could be considered a rehash of Sticker Star by some.

And third of all a sequel bringing back older gameplay but adding a lot new isn't a rehash, it's well, a sequel. A rehash is more like New Super Mario Bros. on where very little is new and is more of a reskin or could be looked as just more stages. In TTYD case, it added a shitload new as a sequel to PM64 when it comes to characters, gameplay mechanics, story & etc. (Also while I listed CS be a rehash to some a bit ago, I personally feel it won't be, it looks like a sequel to SS).

>rehash 12 year old fan favorite sequel
or
>rehash of 4 year old sequel no one liked

which do you think is worse user

All people need to see are the WACKY thing attacks that go on way too long in an effort to showcase that yes: it's downright CRAZY when real-life things such as a breakdancing piggy bank intersects with the paper world, reviewers will note that despite prior games never getting this meta and forced, this is a throwback to the humor and charm Nintendo was known for with the classic PM games, and the world will keep spinning

>It really is a shame though that if it DOES end up doing a lot better than Sticker Star then they will get the idea that people will be okay with them going in that direction of the series instead of going back to want we want.

>Thinking Cred Forums is a good representation of the video game-buying public at large

I've resigned to fact that we will probably never get a good Metroid, Star Fox, F-Zero, or Paper Mario game in this lifetime.

At least BotW looks good and Nintendo will actually put work into it since it's a new Zelda game.

What?

couldn't this boycott tactic just lead nintendo into not makeing anymore paper mario games isnt both possibilites just as strong? how do we really know that thats going to be their reaction?

At this point, Paper Mario is better off dead.

At least then its legacy won't be tainted further by shitty faux adventure/RPG shit.

Not him & we don't know, but you should know for old time fans that dislike Sticker Star & Color Splash the series flat out stopping wouldn't be an issue for them since it continuing this way is practically equal to it being dead to them. Personally while I have no hope at all I'd rather take the risk so I'm pirating it, while I'm only 1 person them losing sales in general will push them to making a better game & possibly going to what made the series good in the first place.

>meta humor
>good

The thing that boils my piss is that it's gonna get a far higher score than it deserves

I remember hearing that there was a mandate at GT back before they shut down that if the reviewer thought a game was better than its predecessor it had to have a higher overall score, even if they thought that game had a higher score than it deserved (since multiple people reviewed games there) which led to some DS game (I think Spirit Tracks was the one namedropped) getting a 9 point something even though the reviewer thought it didn't deserve anything close to that.

If other sites have the same thought process then this game could be only marginally better than sticker star and still get great review scores.

I'm almost glad the wii u is tanking since it means this game won't sell well by default

F-Zero fans were the real winners all along.

Better to fade away than to live on as a mutilated test subject.

Or you entitled faggots could just not play it at all. If it's dead to you let other people have it. This mentality that something belongs to you or it should be destroyed is childish as fuck. Grow up.

To be fair, the last trailer made the game look not that bad. These visuals with the storytelling, the combat and the kind of characters of the first two games would be perfect.

well honestly i wouldn't know ive only played the original and thousand year door im geting it because its been years since ive played one

So can someone explain how Color Splash selling like shit will kill the series?

Every game in the series has sold at least over 1 million copies, so if just 1 game sells below that they're canning it forever?

Nintendo's out of touch, but they're not THAT out of touch

>Or you entitled faggots could just not play it at all.
But then I can't give it proper criticism. Plus me pirating it & not playing will pretty much be the same to Nintendo since either way they're not getting a sale.

>If it's dead to you let other people have it.
That'll probably happen, people are just hoping it'll go back to the traditional gameplay style or die instead, like I said, I have no hope it'll happen but I want it to (mostly the prior former I mean, the latter has no win for anyone but it doesn't really effect me in the end). I honestly wish there was a way to split it into 2 separate IPs so everyone can enjoy what they want.

>This mentality that something belongs to you or it should be destroyed is childish as fuck.
I don't believe it "belongs" to me, I just want one of my favorite series to go back to how it was, it'll probably never happen but I'm desperate, hell, it's probably the biggest reason I'm going to pirate it, I really fucking want to be 100% wrong & everything I like about the prior games will be there.

Well, enjoy it I guess. I say play Super whenever by the way, while the gameplay isn't the best it still has a lot good about it.

Everyone's just in a panic thinking that since Chibi-Robo died even though that happened after a series of poorly sold games and Metroid is in a weird position of not getting traditional games. Also Nintendo kind of just has a decent amount of series that haven't gotten a game in years.

So glad I never got into this series.

Yes yes nintendo well done, well done

HOWEVER

please look up gameplay of it or even pirate it before paying for it, it's not the paper mario you remember. they destroyed the combat system, got rid of partners, hacked the writing the bits, and got rid of any characters that aren't generic recolors of toads.

>Muh Miyamoto

When will people learn.

>got rid of any characters that aren't generic recolors of toads.
Not to defend the game but that's a bit outdated info. They still need real unique characters but they've shown you talk to enemy-based NPCs & some Toads not being generic like the one in

>a game better than Sticker Star will get better reviews
I don't see the fucking problem. The one time reviewers will do their fucking job properly and you're complaining? Seriously?

I really hate that fucking bucket. The crown in Sticker Star was pretty bad too but it was at least sassycute and didn't look ugly as hell.

i feel like people blame miyamoto for things because thats the only name at nintendo that there aware of

>pirating good games
Fucking kill yourself, you piece of shit.

>color splash
>good game
lol enjoy you stupid fuck. everyone thought the same thing when sticker star happened.

Actually it's gonna get worse. Not because it's a worse game, but because now game reviewers won't feel the need to hold back in fear of backlash like when they reviewed Sticker Star

Yes but 90% of the staff was replaced so it might as well not be made by the original devs

ok, toads with wacky hair cuts and recolors of toads and/or shy guys.

ive seen gameplay but wow theres no more partners? damn maybe your right

I prefer him way more over Kersti, I found Kersti to be a bit of a bitch & Huey seems more chill.

Dude, I'm not fucking taking any risks. I got Sticker Star day 1 out of hype & regretted it, I'm not doing that shit again.

Yeah, Sticker Star got rid of partners. You should see the early prototype for that game before it turned to shit, there was a cool Chain Chomp partner (though he lacked a design that early in development).

>Toads with wacky haircuts
Isn't that like all of the toads in TTYD

i'm not saying don't buy it, i'm just saying make sure you know what it is before buying it. i'd recommend pirating it, or playing sticker star first since this is essentially a sequel to sticker star. It's not the same paper mario from the n64 or gamecube. The battles are item based and there's no more leveling up (technically there is a way to level up in sticker star but it's pretty passive and almost irrelevant to the gameplay, doesn't affect battles much). They cut the badges, fp and star power as well.

there were a lot more native NPCs than toads in TTYD

Even reddit and a small part of tumblr hate the game

My point was it's not as generic as you're making to be. Still no where near as good as the previous games though. Also you talk to more than just Shy Guys, they've shown Snifits, Koopas & Goombas so far (again though, they need better designs).

>(technically there is a way to level up in sticker star but it's pretty passive and almost irrelevant to the gameplay, doesn't affect battles much)
What? No there isn't unless you're counting the HP upgrades you find on the map or the sticker album getting more inventory space from you beating the boss, but I wouldn't say that's leveling up at all.

Have you noticed that people that call others entitled are entitled themselves?

man i really, really hope that this game is just sort of a game that was on the back burner for a while, and they have to release it because the wii u has no more games coming out and they need at least 1 for the holiday season.

Rumors were that this was in development since sticker stars launch, and they actually began ideas and drafting at sticker star's launch party. I really hope that they just started working on this in their free time and got to a point of no return where it's just the only thing they had halfway ready to release and it was their only option, so they went balls in. I really, really hope they're aware of how much people hated SS and it's a "our hands are tied" situation.

which do you think is better super mario rpg or thousand year door? i still hear people saying mario rpg is better

I don't go on those sites but yeah, even the Twitch chat when the E3 demonstration was being shown off had "Press F to pay respects" and "RIP"s everywhere. Also I've seen a lot of bitching in the Youtube comments (then again, people kind of warmed up to the game).

>Rumors were that this was in development since sticker stars launch
It wasn't a rumor, Risa Tabata (Assistant Producer) said this was the case in I believe the GameXplain interview.

>Colour Splash is gonna get better reviews than Sticker Star because it's a better game

an hero

I thought that was a dudes dick

>What? No there isn't unless you're counting the HP upgrades you find on the map or the sticker album getting more inventory space from you beating the boss, but I wouldn't say that's leveling up at all.
i meant the paint hammer that you literally collect XP for and level up.

if you like final fantasy-esque JRPGs then SMRPG is literally final fantasy in the mushroom kingdom.

if you like something with a unique battle system and a more colorful cast of characters, then go for PM. I never finished SMRPG myself, but I enjoyed the little that I've played of it. imo PM64 is better than TTYD, though PM64 with TTYD's battle system would truly be the best case scenario.

requesting webm of giant coin.

You said Sticker Star, not Color Splash so you threw me off. The paint meter isn't in Sticker Star. Heads up, those are called Hammer Scraps.

You think the next Paper Mario will be a repeat or will they go back to the original formula?

Here you go.

Probably another repeat, I doubt we'll ever get a traditional game ever again. At this point I'm holding out for a completely new gameplay style since this new one can go fuck itself.

If it sells, they will repeat
If it doesn't, the series gets shelved/in experimental hell forever

>will they go back to the original formula?
not happening, they've already outright said that Mario and Luigi is gonna be the Mario RPG going forward.

So probably another repeat of this style with further improvements, whatever they may be.

why is this shitty sticker star sequel getting advertised so hard now?
and the sudden 180 in public opinion is fishy as hell when its literally proving to be exactly what people expected to be, a shitty sticker star rehash.

Nintendo is desperatly trying to sell since all it's games bombed lately, so they're investing all into marketting Instead of like, making good games people want again

All they really need to do is add partners and I'll be happy. And more unique NPCs. They seem to be making little strides toward both in this game, but I'm not convinced they are open to going that far. Not a fan of the world map either, but will have to see how that works out in the game.

thanks

how do you post on Cred Forums while blind?

by getting your wife's son to type for me, Cody.

are we reading the same thread? Opinions are still mixed. Maybe you're just seeing what you're feeling. The game's recent showing had some good writing and visuals so the turnaround on some people is a bit justified.

It makes sense for them to be advertising it now. It's too late to fix the game so they're going to try their hardest to make people like it.

He's not referring to just the thread, while it still does get a lot of hate you can a noticeable shift in more people liking it on other sites.

>waah, Cred Forums is not agreeing with me, must be viral!
sad thread.

This is what I hate about gaming today. Advertising budget? It's all advertisement-funded social media shit now. No fancy TV ads. No high profile TV interviews. Why pay for ads when you can leech off social media??

I really dislkie the bige white outlines on the characters. It over emphasises the paper cutout style and it's completey unessasary when they have the black outlines as well.

>Bringing Captain Rainbow to the US
You're funny.
I wanted it the minute I saw it, and I knew it wasn't leaving Japan.

>Start with 50 HP, 30 more than SS
>Here let's give you 25 more in an upgrade

The enemies better do more damage or this is bullshit.

embarrassing tbqh fami
why are autist like this aways finding their way to Cred Forums?

>four outlines

I dislike it too, it doesn't help that Bowser not having it due to the black paint being over him just shows how much better it is without it.

holy fucking christ
instead of BIG they made him BLACK in this game

what are the odds that his final form is him being BIG and BLACK

I know, right?
We've got to get all these retarded anons who fall for such obvious bait off the fucking site.

They do more damage, Morton rapes you actually once he brings out his HOT MALLET. It is bugging me regardless, Mario has been shown to at least get 175HP or so & over 6000 coins. Such big numbers seem so excessive.

>he doesn't know that we found this gump's youtube and miiverse pages that are full of nonsensical autistic ramblings defending sticker star and federation force against anyone adamantly

if he set up a troll that elaborate that's more autistic than if he's genuine

how hard would it be to make a PM64/TTYD combat and badge system in game maker

boss damage is irrelevant because you're supposed to 1-shot them all with a specific card though

Wasn't there the paint limits thing or was that debunked.

There's that Cred Forums guy who's making Paper Mario: Insect edition.

Good point I guess, here, have some meat beating Mario. No idea if this is a normal enemy but I doubt it & it's all I have for Mario getting hurt in battle beyond Morton.

>Wasn't there the paint limits thing or was that debunked.
Sorry, what do you mean by that? I haven't really heard of anyone mention anything like that.

to be fair

to be fair

people thought he was going to be rainbow paint bowser

For the RBY paint thing I remember people saying there were scenes shown where you had different amounts, so people assumed there was upgrades/level ups for that.

>Paper mario doesn't even have small numbers anymore
Tanabe must die

Yea there's

That's not totally true, I thought it was going to be pic related.

Oh right, no, it's been debunked pretty much since proves the Hammer Scraps upgrades all paint in general. Now that I'm thinking about it though I do wonder why they even bothered with 3 paint meters instead of 1 rainbow one or something.

i wouldn't be surprised if the black ink was all the colors of the rainbow put together, and some how mario and huey have to use the power of friendship to separate them and return the separate colors to the rightful owners, the paint stars, or something gay like that.

I have a review copy.

Black paint Bowser is just a ruse, the game's final twist is that the main antagonist is Bowser Jr

They try to pull a Sunshine without actually directly referencing Sunshine because it's been so long since that game and they thought kids these days wouldnt get it.

I like the low numbers too, but the numbers have to be higher since the variability of painting in a card requires a larger range.

I remember seeing a fangame that had sidescroller overworld with PM64 battles

pics or fuck off

>i have a review copy
prove it

I never played Sticker Star but my friend said it might be one of the worse Mario game he ever played. But just looking at some of the stuff in Color Splash it seem like it might be enjoyable. Guess we just have to wait and see if they actually improved on Sticker Star or it just being just awful.

Gonna need some proof there, user. Give a timestamp with the game's box or on your TV or something.

Also that's disappointing if true, I guess it's better than just plain Bowser again. Do they reference how he's lonely & that's why Tabata said it'll make the player cry?

that's just disappointing enough to be believable

looks like they improved on just about everything other than the gameplay itself.

Was the gameplay really that bad? Think Color Splash might actually be enjoyable or just forget about it?

>there's that Cred Forums guy who's making Paper Mario: Insect edition.

Got a link to that?

paperbugdev.tumblr.com/

The black paint is sentient and has been possessing Bowser throughout the game. When you collect all the Big Paint Stars and finally reach Bowser, this is revealed and the Black Big Paint Star shows up. The Big Paint Stars are sentient beings that can talk and the Black one felt spurned because the others rejected it since black is not a color of the rainbow, thus they didn't "need" his help protecting Prism Island. Bowser Jr shows up and reveals they found friendship in one another because Bowser pays more attention to the Koopalings than he does his own son in the paper continuity. Bowser Jr and the Black Big Paint Star team-up to drain the color from Prism Island as revenge, with Bowser taking the blame despite not being in control of his actions.

Here's how the bingo card is looking.

This is actually a bit interesting so we know it is not happening

it's item based, it made the entire idea of combat pointless. there's no grind, so there's no need to do battles in the field. you can either save your stickers and evade/run from battles, or you can spend them and hope you get enough coins from the battle to buy attacks that you need for unskippable boss battles and fights.

on top of that, the boss battles were all made piss easy by "thing" cards, these are the cards you see in the webm you just posted, they are almost instakills and make boss battles a sinch. the entire combat of the game is just awful and not thought out well at all. They've added the hammer scraps to add at least some kind of progression to it, however I really doubt it's going to amount to much in the way of fixing the game. If you have a 3ds you might want to pirate SS or at least buy it used or something if you want to give it a shot to compare it to what we've seen of CS so far, but to me it's not looking any better gameplay wise.

The ridiculous attacks last like almost a fucking minute, this is not okay

Glad someone's trying it, and I really don't mean to bash the guy (if he reads this, I've seen him in PM threads before), but the characters here look way too OC DONUT STEEL for me. I think a huge chunk of the charm in PM games is the fact that it's mario characters. I don't think I'd be able to get behind this art style or these characters, myself. Good on him for trying, though. Hopefully we see a lot more PM clones coming out. Really weird that the best PM clone we have is an officially licensed South Park game.

This game will sell like shit, and will kill the Paper brand. That is the curse of WiiU.

mah grafix
mah meta jokes

Huey is better than Kersti though.

>because Bowser pays more attention to the Koopalings than he does his own son
i don't believe you

You're right, but they do serve the same function.

Well it's not like they can use Mario unless they want Nintendo to DMCA them

Not him but yes, it really was that bad to me. The closest thing I see to improvement here is they somewhat gave incentive to fight.

I said give a picture with a timestamp dude. That doesn't sound too bad if true though.

I think we're barely going to not get a bingo dude.

He's better, but the point of that panel was to basically say he'll be the equivalent of Kersti which he is since he gives Mario the same Paperize ability (well, it's "Cut Out" this time around).

This is the Koopalings paper debut, so the focus is on them.

Shit's been going on since Final Fantasy everything, where have you been.

It's his wife's son

i seriously doubt paper mario will die with cs, they're either going to go back to SPM2.0 or they're going to go back to the drawing board all together, but there's no way this kills PM totally. we'll see an NX game.

But not in Mario, and even then the attacks were interactive with command prompts for extra damage, this doesn't seem to have any of that so you're just forced to stay still and watch the boring cinematic.

Apparently there are commands on the touch screen but we haven't seen how they work (if it's just tap at random times like SS had with A presses, then no one will use it)

no I understand that completely although there is that user making a PM game in unity, i think, using TTYD assets, and one of the partners is a gloomba mobster with a wiseguy gimmick, that one looks cool but I don't think he's updating it very often, and if he is he's probably keeping it under wraps to avoid DCMA

just saying, paper bug's art style isn't for me. i don't think id be able to sit through a full game of those characters.

Supposedly there are Action Command prompts on the gamepad, but it's all just mashing A.

So you have to look away from the screen to look at the gamepad instead, so making the whole cinematic pointless because you're not even going to be able to see it.

This is so dumb.

There's no command prompts but you do press A during them to do extra damage. They lack indication like Sticker Star does though.

I saw footage later, you have the option of using the touch screen or not in the pause menu. Apparently you only get the ability to change it like a half hour in the game though.

>but it's all just mashing A.
I'm getting depressed.

Sorry, wrong image. The 3 settings are "Basic", "Basic + Buttons" and "Advanced Touch Controls".

>even with the godawful gameplay this game will still get good reviews because muh graphics
>Nintendo will interpret this as people liking the post-Sticker Star system
>we'll be getting SS sequels until the end of time

>this would be the best Paper Mario game EVER if they weren't so fucking stubborn
WHY

WHY DO THIS

I really don't understand the difference between the combat controls

Why can't they just fucking remaster 64 & TTYD and watch the money roll in?

Seriously, the ONE FUCKING GAME I want Nintendo to rehash, yearly, if possible, and they can't even get one FUCKING sequel right in 12 years

I don't fully either yet, I just know when it comes to touch controls you can tap the screen to do an action command instead of the A Button & you fling the card toward the screen to start an attack.

Pretty sure you always flick the cards regardless of control scheme.

Iwata wanted Sticker Star to be the standard for future Paper Mario games. Either way, the IP was doomed.

I don't want a remaster, I want a new game in the same style. A remaster means making things easier than they already were and possibly 'changing' things because reasons.

Maybe, I sure as hell hope not, that sounds annoying as hell, especially since the buttons can clearly be used still.

>I don't want a remaster, I want a new game in the same style. A remaster means making things easier than they already were and possibly 'changing' things because reasons.
if a remaster means i get to visit the PM64 mushroom kingdom and rogueport again in glorious 1080p 60fps as well as serving as an interest gauge for classic style PM then im all in

>I don't want a remaster, I want a new game in the same style. A remaster means making things easier than they already were and possibly 'changing' things because reasons

Don't forget tacked on amiibo shit.

>Want Ms. Mowz in your party?
>that will be $12.99 goy :^)

It's on Wii U, in its last year. Let that sink in for a moment. The game will bomb, and you won't see Paper Mario anymore.

I apparently don't have the color splash addition saved.

It's hypotheticlaly possible they could fix the series, just unlikely.

I sure do love how easy it is to pirate Wii U games.

>Iwata wanted Sticker Star to be the standard for future Paper Mario games.
Source? I think you're thinking of Taro Kudo there.

>I don't want a remaster, I want a new game in the same style. A remaster means making things easier than they already were and possibly 'changing' things because reasons.
I kind of want both, but I don't mind if they don't. Both games have aged really well graphically & I don't think they would be able to replicate PM64's nice sprites & water-colored backgrounds if they tried. Also TTYD has a real nice HD texture (though it's still a WIP).

I thought the HD was for 64 and everyone started hating on the guy who made it when he turned twink into a luma

how does how many years into the life cycle mean anything? if anything a game at the end of the systems life cycle will sell better than one at the beginning, because anyone that wants a wii u has one already

>selling
>on Wii U

come on now

there's a better one than that for TTYD that's literally just 1:1 recreated. TTYD is an easier art style to replicate than 64. google TTYD HD texture pack

last game from the system
people who bought in in the last 2 years and have had a drought of games are going to want to get the last exclusive the console has to offer
i don't see why it wouldn't

That is a thing but I just ignored that in that post since really does look bad to me & not even due to the changes. Mario's running animation looks real shitty even since it's trying to have TTYD's art style while keeping the silly running animation, it just looks bad. The TTYD one is mostly true to the actual game, the only difference I noticed so far is some map textures & background photos have unfitting as hell SMRPG references now, beyond that though it's pretty sexy.

forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-paper-mario-ttyd-hd-texture-pack-v0-8d-september-9-2016

That game is Zelda. Nobody asked for Color Splash. Federation Force on 3DS was a lesson Nintendo disregarded. People are not buying their shit anymore.

they could get zelda

you know, a game that'll (probably) be actually good

Flurrie looks scary.

Also excuse the unaligned stuff there, the 16:9 hack isn't the best sadly. It looks real nice outside of battle though.

Does she? I must have not gotten that far while playing it with that pack then. I saw Bowser being low-res still & decided to wait it out.

I mean, it is better, but I can't tell it apart at all, even in the side by side.

They have to zoom in a ton for me to notice anything.

I'm just glad I was never a big Paper Mario fan.

>unfitting as hell SMRPG references
really? like what

btw, lumas aren't the only thing that dude added to the 64 remaster, he's changed a shit load of things. he gave kolorodo's wife a lucille ball hairdo for some ungodly reason, he's changed the fisherman at the pier outside club 64 to a pianta, he changed chet rippo into something else I can't even recall right now, he changed peach's cloaking parasol to the one with a face from that weird stand alone peach DS game, and then there's pic related

nobody is going to buy zelda on a dead console, everyone will wait for the NX version. plus, zelda doesn't even come out until after the holidays. i'd imagine CS will be a popular stocking stuffer just due to having le red jumperman on it

That's just a joke image, idiot.

I can deal with what we have, but to each his own.

I stand corrected. But It's likely Iwata greenlit Color Splash, unless it was conceived after his death. And your comment on 64's sprites is why I don't want a remaster. It was classic Mario in 2D, you can see it in Peach's design. The first game had a much more distinct style that can't and won't be replicated properly.

>people will buy NX
>after getting cucked with Wii U

Wii U games actually regularly outsell PS4 titles.

Pokken outperformed SFV, Splatoon destroyed Killzone, Mario Kart 8 remains then best selling exclusive this gen...

>JUST

That would be amazing if Wii U had the same quantity of games. We all have the same games, because the library is THAT bad.

>Wii U
>Has games.
>PS4
>Has no games

I'm not sure why people keep pretending that the Wii U library is disappointing.

So since everyone stopped caring about his project after he made it shit, is he just making it even more shit on purpose?

>People continue to support the PC platform
>After an entire gen of just indie trash

>. A rehash is more like New Super Mario Bros.
The only rehash the series keep doing are the assets and maybe the soundtrack. The content is different for each game.

I disagree, with the exception being NSMB.U since it went back to SMW's type of world, added the little Yoshis, the Challenge mode & etc. NSMB.Wii just added co-op & a couple power-ups, NSMB.2 is the worst contender of this by adding even less new. NSMB should've tried hard to be way more than the original platformers for NES/SNES beyond the original NSMB. Granted I don't know what they could do but I'm no innovator or anything.

delusion

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games

also
>beign a consolewar faggot

>people (((play))) on pc

It's not like it's ever coming out anyway.

lmao @ the idiot so mad they actually made that

like they sat there and drew each letter with their mouse instead of just typing

and nsmb2 is a good game. the most important thing, the actual courses, are all new

>NSMB.2 is the worst contender of this by adding even less new.
Coin Rush, new power-ups, secret worlds, new elements in each level, DLC, storing coins and share them online, the Reznor battles, speedrun-only levels, different level design in terms of structure, bonus special rainbow level.

>played with original as a kid on n64
>mom helped me through it and the game taught me how to read
>TTYD comes out, mom let's us skip school to drive down to the mall 50 miles away on release day
>game is 10/10, same family bonding experience as original as we solved each chapter's mysteries
>Super comes out
>game feels off, just breeze through it by myself without my family
>buy Sticker Star
>one of the least enjoyable nintendo games I've ever played
>everything we liked about the series is gone

It really fucking sucks having to tell my mom to avoid buying the new paper mario game because it looks like shit. The series meant a lot to us growing up but nintendo just had to fucking ruin it somehow.

both of you should kill yourselves then

Jesus, is this the legendary notorious TTYD-style I see TTYDfags so desperately clamoring for? No fucking thanks.

When people talk about a console having no games it usually means not enough exclusives they care about.

Like I'm even being a little generous here and including all actual exclusives that concrete release dates announced and not just games that are already out. Now cherry pick which ones in here you're actually interested in and it's probably not a very big number.

If you got a PS4 for multiplats then you've got a much better selection but a lot of people on Cred Forums have at least decent PCs. And that's ignoring the fact that a lot of multiplats have just been garbage lately anyways.

It's documented that Miyamoto ruined Sticker Star tho

I'm not gonna cherry pick shit. PS4 sells, Wii U don't. Exclusive Wii U games are lackluster compared to previous Ninty gens.

how come it's always bowser

why can't we have a story where it's wario that finds the magical plot device

or donkey kong

>N3DS 9.2 with ARM9
>Wii U 5.5.1 with Loadiine 3.0 and vWii
>PS3 with CFW (persona 5 undub for free is going to be nice)
>Vita 3.60 with Henkaku
>PS4 1.74 exploit on the way
>mfw

Everyone console I own has CFW on it, so I just pirate everything I'm interested in playing. Keep funding my hobby chucklefuck

no, retard. first of all, people wanting a TTYD style paper mario game refers to the gameplay, secondly that's some autist who is trying to remake the first PM with his idea of the TTYD art style, but he absolutely fucked it up beyond belief.

I'm not arguing anything about the WiiU. Not even the guy you replied to first. Just pointing out that the PS4 really doesn't have much of a selection at the moment unless you're somehow interested in every single game on that list.

Personally I need more than jut Bloodborne and Nioh to justify buying a console. Every time I think the PS4 is finally getting enough exclusives to consider buying half of them get PC versions announced, it's just getting silly at this point.

not alone

>Miyamoto ruined Sticker Star tho
No. He didn't have any involvement in the game. He just went there, made some suggestions, and left.

No, it's just a nasty-looking texture pack.

>PS4 1.74 exploit on the way
downgrade when

That happened to make Star Fox Adventures, and look what came out of that.

>J U S T
>U U
>S S
>T T

Of course, you're right. But its a gen problem, not a PS4 problem. Nintendo in HD shat the bed, and Sony keeps pushing garbage, now in 4k. This gen is depressing.

>lmao @ the idiot so mad they actually made that
Yeah, it's a pretty pissy chart, it's still true though.

>and nsmb2 is a good game. the most important thing, the actual courses, are all new
I'm not trying to imply it's a bad game, just a rehash. The gameplay offered in it isn't new at all, hell the newest gameplay mechanics Power-ups wise was in the first game (the Blue Shell & Mini-Mush) and they barely ever have those in the newer ones. Though now that I think about it I guess the little twirl was new in NSMB.Wii, so that's something.

>Coin Rush
Fine
>new power-ups
You mean the just the Gold Flower? It's just a Fire Flower with a bit more radius.
>secret worlds
Every 2D Mario platformer has had this since Super Mario World & the new secret world's levels just have the normal basic level tropes beyond the 1 Rainbow stage in each of them.
>new elements in each level
Don't want to sound like I'm disregarding what you're saying, but examples please.
>storing coins and share them online
Does that even do anything beyond display a coin counter?
>the Reznor battles
Was from Super Mario World.
>speedrun-only levels
I liked this, pretty neat.
>different level design in terms of structure
That's a given, I know I didn't mention it but I was mostly referring from a gameplay-stand point. I gotta say though, Mario Maker truly made me appreciate Nintendo's level layout.
>bonus special rainbow level.
The closes

Also I don't mean to shit on the games, I still like them, they just really add very little to the games.

>Goes from little old lady to whateverthefuck

Less people are going to buy it because it's on the wii u

>donkey kong
he not bad on purpose though, so the thing would probably have to take over his mind or something

>turning jr troopa into baby bowser
Nintendo hire this man!

Can't have any characters outside of the canon mario universe!

Looks awful. What the fuck.

Rude, Cody.

Is modern DK the villain in the minis games, or is it someone else?

Holy shit, delete this.

If he's going to use Bowser Jr. then why not use his pose from Sticker Star?

>>bonus special rainbow level.
>The closes
I don't know what happened here. I meant to say "The closest thing to a new level trope I believe, even then you could argue it's another Sky/Cloud-based level."

Yeah, but he and mario ended up becoming freinds by the newest one.
He captures Pauline, and it turns it out it was actually a surprise party for Mario.

>Don't want to sound like I'm disregarding what you're saying, but examples please.
Are you sure you played the game? The golden rings, coins flying from pipes, the POW blocks, blocks that randomize the number of coins you will get, coins with different values like 10, 20, 50 and 100, and others.

>You mean the just the Gold Flower? It's just a Fire Flower with a bit more radius.
And Golden Leaf.

eh, we still got animal crossing to play together at least. when nintendo decides to fuck that up we'll probably consider it

>we still got animal crossing to play together at least. when nintendo decides to fuck that up we'll probably consider it
>What is HHR
>What is Amiibo festival

>Are you sure you played the game?
Yes I have, but it's really not that memorable to me & left little impact on me (plus it's been like 4 years already). Also I guess those are kind of new, they don't really add much though since while coins are counted they don't give you anything beyond lives. Also Pow Blocks were in SMB.2 & the Coin Blocks are just coin versions of the blocks that randomize items from Super Mario World.

>And Golden Leaf.
It's literally just a Raccoon Leaf with a Star invincibility & you'll only ever get it if you die enough. Would you really consider that new?

They already fucked it up, man. Remember Amiibo party?

youtube.com/watch?v=onScwrHP2g0

Wasn't the amiibo game only because the team wanted a excuse to make amiibos?
Also HHR was alright, kinda shallow but it didn't kill animal crossing completely

Why can't people ignore the games they don't like? Do you think most Pokemon fans have played Pokemon Channel?

Yes.

Pokemon channel was a fucking great game.

>possibly going to what made the series good in the first place.

There's more than one way to make a good game fool. Color Splash could be an excellent game.

It could possibly be, but from the footage we've seen it's highly unlikely

Ugly as all hell. Paper Mario 64's artstyle was already best, possibly joint best with Color Splash. There was no reason to TTYD it up.

If Nintendo ever remade PM64 it would look exactly like that and have all those character changes too.

I could possibly see them retconning twink into a luma but you're daft if you think they'd turn jr troopa into baby bowser.

It's also completely pointless to completely change the sprite for wife koopa and the others.