News
>Nothing

Rumors:
>Handheld/Console hybrid
>Cartridges
>Detachable controllers
>The second coming of Christ

What do we actually know?
>Nintendo is currently developing a gaming platform codenamed 'NX' with a brand-new concept
>"When the NX is released, the Wii U business will slow" -Kimishima
>"The NX is neither the successor to the Wii U nor to the 3DS. It’s a new way of playing games, which I think will have a larger impact than the Wii U, but I don’t feel it’s a pure replacement for the Wii U." -Kimishima
>Launches March 2017
>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be on the NX
>Just Dance 2017 will be on the NX

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KRctny31UxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=mTqeUmRepsY
twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/777824686415552512
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_GameCube-exclusive_titles
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

we'll know wednesday if at least one of the rumours was right so,ce it predicted an event for the 22

>It's a new way of playing games.

Oh great, more forced gimmicks and gameplay styles shoved down our throats without our consolation....

"We got to do better with the NX." My ass.....

Gimmick != bad
New style != bad

Dropping some facts and quotes.

>Finally he put sources
Yes. Finally my spirit can leave peacefully this life.

Farewell.

>implying motion controls aren't good for racing games and gun aiming
>implying stylus touchscreens aren't the best for menu navigation
> implying 3D isn't good for depth perception

All the "gimmicks" have made lasting contributions to video games.

Watching all the rumor threads on here is very amusing.
Aso a Nintendo employe i can promise you, you will be surprised if you really believe all those hybrid/handheld with Dockingstation/ detachable wiimote bs.

based

its going to be some weird ass controller that nobody wants or asked for.

>I don't like changes the PS3 should still be the only console I should have to play
people like you are why "git gud" was invented.

spoiler alert: it's an ipad that only plays nintendo games

It's really baffling to me how much people are believing the rumors. I mean now all you hear is that the only thing the NX CAN be is a tablet hybrid with detachable controllers that uses a Tegra processor, even though nothing Nintendo has ever said leads to this.

All this leaks and rumors are as close to the truth as most of the Nintendo Revolution mockups

Why do people still believe Emily Rogers after last E3 fumble?

stop

Never forgetti Nintendo is trying to kill every fan created content and are hiring people for that.

Cuz she's a girl.

You forgot
>Dragon Quest 11 was be on NX

It was actually the first game confirmed for the platform I think.

Good.

This is a good thing

Cuck

>new way of playing games
Fucking hate vague shit like this which fucking autists lose their minds over and guess all kinds of shit over.
Trust me, you're going to be really underwhelmed.

>The NX is neither the successor to the Wii U nor to the 3DS. It’s a new way of playing games, which I think will have a larger impact than the Wii U, but I don’t feel it’s a pure replacement for the Wii U." -Kimishima

People always seem to take this quote in the worst way ever. What he means by this isn't the whole "its another wild gimmick". He means in relation to the Wii U itself, and the Wii brand, let me explain.

Nintendo doesn't see the Gamecube as the N64 version 2. They see it as a Gamecube, its own idea, not a extension of the N64 brand. Just like how the N64 wasn't the Super NES 2. That's what Kimishima is meaning. He's just saying that it's not going to be part of the Wii brand, and that it will do its own thing that is different then the Wii brand, including the Wii U. In a way, you can also see this as confirming normal controllers, as that was a trademark of the Wii era, whether that be the waggle sticks, or the tablet controller. If you look at it this way, its good news. Basically, Kimishima acknowledges that there's been two generations of gimmick consoles now, and the gimmick this time is not having the same kind of gimmicks as the Wii era. For instance, using cartridges can be considered a gimmick, as its out of the ordinary now, when compared to the other consoles. Even so, its a gimmick people might accept, like how they accepted a share button, and rumble, which became successful.

Lol. Check the post right under yours.
QED

So, was that french amiibo NX reveal date photoshopped and fake, or not? It said the NX would get revealed September 20th right?

It's a bunch of wank. They just need to make a regular console with quality Nintendo games on it. We don't need a "new way of playing games". The Wii was a "new way of playing games" and the shit it spawned still haunts us all today.

i know what its not gona be a red ocean console designed to compete with sony and ms

never gona happen nintendo makes secondary systems now time to get over it

>They just need to make a regular console with quality Nintendo games on it
So the Wii U?

No? Get rid of the fucking gimmicky tablet. A regular controller works fine. If you want add some bullshit to that like a touchscreen or a speaker like Sony did. The point is it still functions relatively well as a controller and isn't a giant, unwieldy piece of shit that distracts you from what you're doing.

Also don't go full retard and give it a shitty name that confuses people as to what your product actually is.

It was all downhill after this

youtube.com/watch?v=KRctny31UxQ

>give it a shitty name that confuses people as to what your product actually is
The only people they are "confusing" are the 90% Wii casuals consisting of the elderly and soccer moms.

p good user.

Nintendo are making another shitty console so we can have another market crash and get everything for cheap lads.

>Based ninty

>nintendo employee here :^)

why so?

Some more facts:

Sonic 2017 will be on NX
South Park: The fractured but whole will be on NX

>The NX will not run Android
>Talks about iOS later
So it'll run iOS? Would make sense with their Apple collaboration. Forced iTunes on the home screen?

It's worse than that user.
People believed "her" before E3.

So are we gonna have NX generals now until the thing is announced?

Start calling the threads /NX/

Prove it

She's not even the one who started the 'hybrid' rumor, she jumped ship from the x86 camp when Eurogamer, IGN and others stated they confirmed with their own "sources" it's an ARM portable.

What does she mean by this?

Eh at least up to that point she was on a streak

That Nintendo intends to kill off Wii U, which is already dead anyways, and sooner or later the 3DS without publicly stating that they do so. Which is what any company would do really.

>the 'hybrid' rumor
started on Cred Forums, literally in the NX namedrop thread. Since that time nobody ever had a single proof to make it work. It was just a few "what if" in a hot brainstorming thread.

No she wasn't. she was "right" once, and that was one game that had older leaks in its favor already so she put it in a list of things that never happened.

I'm 99% certain the system isn't going to launch in March. If they haven't revealed it by now, they're going to push that release date back a few months

this

anyone who thinks it will run any non-Nintendo OS is a retard

they would have to split money with Google or Apple if so, they won't do that

>"The NX is neither the successor to the Wii U nor to the 3DS. It’s a new way of playing games..."

here we go again, kill me now pls

u dk shit though

Sterilizing your IP's for gimmicks that do nothing to push creativity or brand names forward is bad yes, no matter what faggot casual deflections you put up.

Motion controls and gimmicks like it are just that, gimmicks. They have not become a industry standard and were just a way to make nintendo money on sensationalistic hype around new toys. Rather than invent new standards of play they've not only regressed Nintendo's IPs but they're regressed the company's developmental mindset. They've ruined nintendo.

FUCK gimmicks and anyone that defends them, fucking nugamers.

I think you can't read.

>the gimmicks I like aren't gimmicks, the gimmicks I don't like are gimmick
ok

Reminder:

>Early Thursday morning Nintendo confirmed that it had posted a loss for the beginning half of the fiscal year, the first time ever in the company's history. It also said it would develop a new game product which would not be the successor to GameCube or Game Boy Advance for release in 2004, but no further details were specified.
>...
>One of the publisher's more intriguing goals is to create wholly original software that cannot be labeled a sequel or an extension of any existing genres or concepts.

It's been said and done before, so that phrase really doesn't mean much.

what the fuck is a nintendonx

So the NX is going to be able to run a Wii U game.

Mobile devices can be powerful, but you can't run a Wii U tier game on them, even the most advanced ones become hot like a motherfucker when playing demanding games.

The NX can't be a pure handheld due to that. You also got to understand to have a handheld device powerful enough to run a Wii U game would require an absolutely state of the art mobile hardware, and that would be costy. Nintendo doesn't do powerful high end hardware anymore.

see

But thy didn't intend the DS to replace the GBA, it was an experiment. Hell they released the Micro after the DS launched.

They are literally porting Wii U games to the 3DS at this point (Smash, Hyrule Warriors, Yarn Yoshi). Specs don't mean nothing.

But gimmicks it's what makes Nintendo great

They can not compete with normalfags consoles like Xbox or PlayStation without it. It has been a proven fact in the past.

True be told if Nintendo doesn't do gimmicks they are doom. They just have to do the right gimmick

This

Were analog sticks poop? Was 3D poop? Was touch control poop? Sure they were, until they got popular. Your argument makes no sense.

NX is a handheld with the power of the ps4 that can also be connected to your TV, is region free and launches with Zelda BotW, Monster Hunter 5 and a new 3D Mario game ala Sunshine. Also an updated port of Super Mario Maker with more level themes and objects

I want you to tell me with a straight face that pikmin controls better with analog instead of pointer controls

sweet dreams pupper

That new Sonic game will be on NX too

Also Dragon Quest something I believe

Too good to be true.
Also, they wouldn't have to wait this long to announce something not out of the ordinary like this.

NX has the potential to be HUGE.

It all depends on the price.

If Nintendo aim for anything more than a $250 entry point they will get fucked.

No, fuck you.

Well what makes it so special is that it's a hybrid.

>What we can assume
>NX will be a proper console

I think we cannot assume that.

RIP Nintendo.

I don't care about the company's money, it's a corporation not my friend. If they die because they dont want to make games for everyone like they used to and instead want to make spinoff tier quality of games then thats on their heads.

Little angry wii generation child, you do not seem to understand. Motion control gimmicks were a fad, they never standardized. They are not a standardized form of control. Sticks were always used to control games,

-Motion control and AR are passing gimmicks
- 3D is a passing gimmick and isn't standardized

Touch control got standardized because of its mass use in all forms of media, it has nothing to do with games. Videogames went with its flow, not the other way around son.

Analog sticks have been in use long before sony and fucking nintendo, and no im not confusing joysticks with them.

Your deflections and damage control dont work, at all. They have no ground. Just fucking stop before you embarass yourself.

I never liked pikmin myself, just not a fan. I don't care about pointer controls, I dont care about gimmicks nor can you ever convince me to like them, even if they're implemented correctly like Splatoon. I am not part of your casual hivemind, if you cant understand that well its your problem. They're intrusive and unnecessary and push nothing forward in terms of quality.

If you really wanna go that route though, pointer controls do nothing that a mouse cant do already if you're using it in its most basic sense. Motion controls in that sense have been around LONG before Nintendo's faggot asses jumped on the gimmickhumper train. They're not original for it.

hybrid is the worst possibility.
>person who only plays on home consoles gets a console that's half pointless
>person who only plays on handhelds gets a console that's half pointless

Jesus Christ user, you should get that looked at.

>literally porting
yeah and they look nothing alike, it's hardly a port, looks more like a demake
youtube.com/watch?v=mTqeUmRepsY

smash is a 2D plane fighting game, and those are known to be not demanding at all

What would happen to Cred Forums if Nintendo announced the following as the launch lineup

>new MH
>new 3D mario
>new F-Zero
>zelda botw of course
>spla2n
>some new console pokemon spinoff
>new great metroid game

>says I'm angry
>proceeds to write an angry wall of text against gimmicks, without never specifying what makes something a gimmick

Actually it's pretty good.

You've got to remember that only handhelds get all the cool Japanese games. So, by being playable on the go, the NX will get all the great Japanese games.

And we in the west will get to enjoy them on our big TVs, comfy at home.

Or they both learn to enjoy the other option on occasion.

Any feature people don't use could be labeled pointless.

Since I don't play games online, most games are "half pointless" to me. Half of most consoles is pointless too.

>New Super Mario Bros. sells 16 billion copies
>Mario Galaxy 1 + 2 sell abut 43,000 each

This, also Nintendo will finally be free of having to develop for two systems at the same time.

Well the oldtimers would be happy and get their hopes unreasonably high.

The haters would cry "rehash" at the top of their lungs.

The casuals just would not care.

but who took the photo

>deflecting this hard
>essentially admitting you concede

K.

Pic just for you.

if they work better than the common method, they can't be said to be intrusive, unnecessary or said to push nothing forward. Regardless of how you feel about them, or how original you consider their implementation, they are objectively superior.

Saying that you refuse to be convinced is childish and self-centered. Critical thinking goes a long way, champ

holy shit, we got one live autist right here

It would be a huge success and Cred Forums would be flooded with Nintendo-related threads, both praising it and nitpicking everything as hard as possible.

I just want an announcement for the announcement

I want a simple tweet saying "New Nintendo Direct on october x"

cmon

The 3DS and Wii U are already so close to each other in terms of functionality offered, that it just makes sense to do a hybrid system.

Nintendo wouldn't have to use one as a marketing tool for the other, and they wouldn't have to much about with cross-buy promotions and porting between systems.

>I don't care about the company's money

Neither do I, but if they make GameCube 3, say good bye to the best game franchises in gaming.

>literally "no u" the rebuttal
wew

Yeah, nah, yer a cunt.

Yeah that's another huge bonus.

With the NX being the only platform, they can concentrate ALL of their efforts, IPs, studios etc. on JUST the NX.

People complained about game droughts with the WiiU, well that'll be largely solved by no longer having to support two platforms at the same time.

Absolutely agreeing with this.
But then again this is Nintendo, there's always the possibility that they are gonna do it with some completely unexpected twist that somehow ends up making everything be lame.

You've proved nothing yourself. My claims are backed by the fact that Nintendo has done nothing to creatively forge those IP's forward. Instead to accomodate those gimmicks the games have either been dumbed down in their design, or have become stale and unchanging for the last 10 fucking years.

When was the last time they pushed gameplay forward that wasn't reliant on a fucking motion control gimmick which is just a gameplay wall? Please if you're so enlightened and can discredit and just say "NOTHING YOU SAY MATTERS CUZ I SAY SO" then please, extrapolate with proof.

Show me how the gameplay itself has changed, and how motion control gimmicks arent just a wall between you and the gameplay that completely sucks you out of immersion for their inaccuracy and unpracticality.

Because in my eyes, thats exactly what they do you fucking gimmick baby.

And with only one main product line, they're likely to be more swift with technical upgrades and fixes.

And their users would of course also have more money for games, if they didn't have to buy two pieces of hardware.

>tfw they won't just name it Nintendo NX or NeXt but instead something like New Nintendo Wii 2 U

>Touch control got standardized because of its mass use in all forms of media, it has nothing to do with games.

>DS released in 2004
>First touch screen phone that actually sold was in 2007

It's funny because the Wii U has regular controllers. in fact, there's no reason to bash the wii u for faulty controller because it supports a lot of different ones, specifically a pretty good designed pro controller. go cry somewhere else

They can make anything lame.

They can also redeem super lame things with great software.

In any case, it'll be interesting.

>Bono comes on stage to talk about how the system saves the planet through draining CO2 from the atmosphere while you play.

They were used in all electronics long before the DS. Touch screen signature pads at banks, computer drawing tablets before that. The DS only popularized it in gaming media, it's influence was limited to that. Touchscreens are not were not done by Nintendo first, hell not even in gaming. You'd have to be a real drone to think that. They were first actually used publicly in the early 90's.

Dude. You're derailing your own discussion.

The DS brought touch controls to video games in a really really big way BEFORE they were a thing normal people used on an hourly basis.

That's what happened.

>The DS only popularized it in gaming media, it's influence was limited to that

No shit. Thats exactly the opposite of what the person im responding to said.

Other companies hopping on that, motion control, and im sure 3d in the near future are all following nintendos lead

it's amazing how you have to fall back on insults to protect yourself.

I have given you a direct example of a game in which the core gameplay has been enhanced and in turn become more intuitive and increased the player's overal freedom of control in the game.

A good implementation isn't when gameplay as a whole is based around a new feature, but when a strong core is bettered through such features. An example would be using analog input to determine character speed instead of relying on a walk or run button, or specifically in splatoon where the tilt aiming is faster and more precise than analog and, although not forced, gives players a noticeable advantage when used.

buy by all means feel free to fall back on your all-caps quotes and insults.

>twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/777824686415552512
>Now, what useful item might you find in a Woodcutter's House?
>An axe.
What did they say by meaned this?

NX confirmed to have CUTTING EDGE technology

>Mobile devices can be powerful, but you can't run a Wii U tier game on them,

Yes you can. Wii U's chipset is garbage. A Tegra X1 already beats it.

Show us Tegra X1 running something that looks better than the most demanding Wii U games then, the PC ports have compromises

Also nobody uses Nvidia's chips on mobile devices

>Yes you can

proof? I can only find people emulating gc

>gettin hype about NX
>after Wii U

People like you should be gassed not even meming

WiiU had over 10 good exclusives. More than I can say of my PS4.

So yeah, I'm optimistic considering it'll be a hybrid and have their full attention.

>Also nobody uses Nvidia's chips on mobile devices

Total non sequitur, but okay.

>Show us Tegra X1 running something that looks better than the most demanding Wii U games then, the PC ports have compromises

Why would I need to do that? We can just read the spec sheet.

This is a totally arbitrarily benchmark anyway, how do you define "the most demanding Wii U game" and how would you judge whether what I produced matches it? You'd just judge if you like the graphics more, somehow totally free of bias and separate from the art style? How would you account for how well-engineered or not the games might be? How would you know whether each respecting game is really pushing the hardware? Would only ports count, when we know the majority of Shield ports were half-assed?

How about the Doom 3 remaster, which wasn't half-assed and was ported to both Shield and Xbox 360? Or is it too inconvenient for you that the Shield port runs far better, with higher resolutions and almost double the framerate? Xbox 360 would serve a acceptable Wii U surrogate since we certainly know Wii U wasn't DOUBLE the power of 360.

>Why would I need to do that?

Because you claimed it was possible yet theres no evidence of it ever occurring

Ok grandpa stick to your retrogayshit and fuck-off.

Why would I need to jump your retarded invisible-to-everyone-except-yourself hoop when there's a much more objective hoop?

Idiot.

Name those games.

What is happening wednesday?

You made the claim that phones could emmulate WIIu games

Its not really a ridiculous demand to ask for proof

I will, to enable your next reply consisting of "those games are shit"

Mario Kart 8
Bayonetta 2
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Splatoon
Super Mario Maker
Pikmin 3
Pokken Tournament
Super Mario 3D World
Wonderful 101
TloZ: WW HD

Bonus:
Smash Bros U, arguably way different from the 3DS version
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on the big TV, with a real controller and online play

You sound stupid. Nobody uses Tegra X1 chips, is there a single smartphone using it? Nvidia Android Shield TV uses it and it's a console style device. You are glossing over the fact this thing isn't in a portable device. That's important because battery life and heating.

>why do we need that
Because I don't fucking believe Nvidia's claims, they already said their mobile line was better than consoles 5 times or so already, they even said their Tegra line would eclipse the new consoles back then.

>read the spec sheet
Different architectures and all that, it's not that simple.

A demanding Wii U game, I suppose the new Zelda fits the bill. I want to see a portable device running a game that puts strain on the Wii U natively. Or else we could just assume they can run anything because Nvidia said their Tegra line is more powerful than the PS4Pro, so it must be true.

>Doom 3 BFG
that's a game from 2004 ported to their new engine

>those
>good games

You are correct, those are good games

Look at this, and tell me with a straight face that Wii U its a good console.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_GameCube-exclusive_titles

Baby hands detected

Worse != bad

I fucking hope so, and hopefully it will be $300 or under

>we'll know wednesday if at least one of the rumours was right so,ce it predicted an event for the 22
>it predicted an event for the 22
Wednesday is Sep 21st

wishful thinking at its finest, even the most powerful smartphones can't run games that look better than PS3/360 games

those game smartphones cost like $500+, just because it's small doesn't mean it's cheap

It is, if old consoles btfo you.

No it isn't.

>ps4 exlusives
>blood borne+uncharted

Tell me with a straight face that ps4 isn't the worst console ever made?

>b-but Sony

This whole gen is garbage.

>started on Cred Forums

Bullshit, it and the tegra rumor happened elsewhere

>This whole gen is garbage.
yeah but by your standard Ps4 takes the cake

Also hand helds this gen have been excellent, well, one handheld anyway

If shit like the PS4 is selling, Nintendo failed hard. They are the ones putting shit on phones. They are the ones with the shit console.

Sony put shit on phones to promote IPs before Nintendo did.

Even if modern smartphone have a better hardware than Wii U, can they run something like Bayonetta 2 without killing the battery in a matter of minutes?

PS4 > Wii-U

At least it has bloodborne

it might last longer then the gamepads battery atleast.

This.

Nobody besides nintendo fanboys on Cred Forums and normies who must have pokemon give a shit about nintendo

The 3ds has sold more units then Ps4 and vita sales combined

I think nintendos doing ok

And nobody gives a fuck because Sony has shit IPs. But people will look at your Wii U and say: "holy shit user, why you bought that crap you can play on your phone?".

Yeah, no.

are we ever going to see this wiiu phone emulator that doesn't exist or what?

>implying people will bother to emulate Wii U

10 years from now people will not even know what a Wii U was.

If the NX fails, they will not be okay. :^)

Which it will :^)

Honestly everything on this list
is better than bloodborne

Sure thing kid

Maybe if you tell yourself that enough it will happen

>ywn be this unreasonably asshurt about something you "don't care about"

>posting worst girl

WEW
E
W

So is the reveal tomorrow or not?

IF there will be something, it will be an announcement of an announcement.
Nothing will happen tomorrow

>worst girl

please schlomo

>Specs are shit
>Gimmicky shit AGAIN
>Nintendo can't market worth shit

Don't you have adventure time to watch as you snuggle up with your amiibos, sweetie?

>gimmicky shit
>the same gimmicky shit that both microsoft and ps will copy in the near future

a Wii U emulator already exists for PC

And nobody cares. That was the point.

[citation needed]
there are 102,000 results for CEMU on youtube

I bet people would be hyped to play Breath of the Wild on it

I forgot about botw. But the point was, will people care enough to emulate? Zelda might guarantee that, but now there's nothing to emulate. Maybe Tropical Dong.

Bayo 2, W101, Smash when online multiplayer becomes possible
And other shit people eat up

there are tons of videos of people playing Mario 3D World on it already, even on AMD CPUs, of course people will care about BotW once the emu can run it very well, which make take a long time, given open spaces emulation seems like tougher, just like how Twilight Princess on Gamecube had some slowdowns out in the fields, Shadow of the Colossus being quite demanding to emulate and so on