Is Witcher 3 currently the best looking game at the moment?

Is Witcher 3 currently the best looking game at the moment?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ts2am8WRBXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Hke6bEEqMxo
youtube.com/watch?v=MGyaR2sSBkA
youtube.com/watch?v=gnb_zm9nYzg
youtube.com/watch?v=Gqzd2uiTIlA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No

Yes

What was the question, again?

>that sky
>those textures on leaves
yuck

it was "yes, no, maybe, what was the question againnnnnnnnnnn"

you fucked it up

Hitman seems to be

Absolutely stunning

Bloodborne is.

>witcher 3
>looking as clear and good as uncharted 4
nah, not even maxed out 4k wticher 3 looks as good as uncharted 4.

Breathtaking

No. And it's not with a dark pic that you will prove the contrary

volumetric clouds downgraded into 2d sprite.
Well done cdpr, well done

It's one of the most technically impressive games considering the scale, but there are games that look better.

I think Alien Isolation is one of the most impressive looking games this gen if you want my personal opinion.

This

why was karaoke cancelled?

Time to look up Uncharted 4

HAHAHA no

They never had volumetric clouds. Even in this bullshot photo they're not volumetric.
They're "semi-volumetric"
2d sprite with a normalmap and some other properties.

It's certainly flawed, especially that crappy draw distance even on max settings. It's certainly pretty though.

Its has best world design with close to best graphics.
I suppose battlefront is technically better looking.

actually the new battlefield is

No, battlefront is. and then crysis with mods.

and granting that, it manages to look so good by virtue of being little more than a corridor walking simulator.

Not even saying it's bad, but arguing over what games are the best looking, rather than maybe technically impressive is what got us the walking simulators.

Don't care about any of that shit, game looks good.

And it's less of a walking simulator than pretty much any other game in the first person horror genre.

Crysis 3, Battlefront and GTAV are all better.

MGSV with that mod that makes shadows not pop in 5 feet away is prettier imo, especially when it's raining

On a large scale probably yeah. If we compare it to games with smaller, more concentrated environments then no.

Nope.avi

Battlefront is pretty ridiculous.

user got KEKed

fuck i meant kucked damn filter!

>console """"game""""
>good graphics

Obviously theres not going to be any screenshots showing the graphics.

In technical graphics the downgrade takes it down a bit, but I still think it's one of the most impressive games in motion. Low sun and windy weather in a wooded area in Velen looks amazing. I love how every single piece of foliage will bend and sway in the wind.

have you never heard of mgsv? fucking retard

>tfw just ordered parts for my new PC to replace my old pre-built from 2009
I can't wait to graphics

There's a mod that brings the volumetric clouds from Kaer Morhen to Skellige.
The result is surprisingly good.
Have a bonus whale that showed up when I took the screenshot.

This. Screenshots simply don't do the game justice. You have to look at it in motion.

Most people heard how unfinished pos mgsv was and how everyone wished it wasnt open world. What about it?

Agree

Well, some of the more static "scenes" look great in pictures too. But the foliage stuff really makes it look nice in motion.
It's not super advanced or realistic when you look more closely at it but in broad strokes it's great. First time I happened upon the tree with a dozen corpses hanging from it on windy weather was great.

Nope it's another game that took muh realism approach instead of good visual design.

I would've loved to just explore worlds with Avallach.Would've been so much fun just to fuck about with different environments.

>no draw distance
>5 low detail trees
>1990 terrain textures

>another game that took muh realism approach
It's stylized as hell what are you talking about

Agreed, wish the section was longer. Then again having each visit be short is what makes it feel unique.

It's not.
The color usage is fucking shit even for a WRPG.
None of the locations pop out or look visually memorable.

I dont now but it's boring as hell.

I guess you're right. That environment reminded me a lot of

this was the best part of the game honestly. The scenery was spectacular and world-crossing banter between Geralt and Elf-cunt was great

>that one world where you get seperated in a poison jungle
>near the exit teleportal you hear loud spooky fucking animal noises

No shit. Would've much preferred exploring alien worlds than being involved in Ciri's plot.

W3 doesnt have fantastical outdoors apart from avallach world hopping. The realistic style makes it more immersive while looking good.

gta v looks like dogshit user

Not even a little.

>that giant skeleton you find
Well, Beksiński didn't invent the whole pillar theme.

I know he probably didn't invent it but that's what stood out the most to me.

Why the fuck aren't you guys focusing on the important point of OP's picture!?

Karaoke is fucking CANCELLED. Please don't an hero OP. I promise you you will make it, I know it's devastating, you always have friends here.

kek

Not while Uncharted 4 exists

You keep posting this but it looks about the same as The Witcher 3, what are you even trying to prove

t. someone who hasn't played either

>unity requires minimum gtx 680 while w3s minimum is 660
>runs at half the framerate w3 does
Wow graphics sure are great

Too bad Unity got shit on, it's honestly one of the most graphically stunning games I've ever played.

The lighting and textures are beautiful, but the sheer amount of npc's is staggering, I've never played a game that made me actualy feel claustrophobic when pressed into a crowd.

It's good

Yep, even looks good on console.

No. Possibly in the top 10 but not near top 3.

it got shit on because of what a shitshow it was to run on pc even today in addition to extreme fatigue from annual releases
No one gives a shit about great graphics at 15 fps, they just feel annoyed it runs at 15 fps.

I was pleasantly surprised at how good it looked on PS4.

>sunrise at 4:30am at Corvo Bianco

can you fight the windmills?

by proxy.

friendly reminder that this thread is about the best LOOKING games, not performance

>fag

Yep

>pc

There's your problem. Devs don't give a shit about PC since everything sells on console. Hell, even Witcher 3, a series that had never even been on a Sony platform, sold it's majority on PS4. Most AAA games are going to run like shit on PC these days

Gorgeous

No one denies unity looks good.
Its just a shame it exist to begin since it muddles the water with its graphics.
Everyone would choose 2004 graphics over 2014 if that means they can actually play the game.
Its an example of worst kind of graphics imaginable.

>Using that cancerous haircut
I hope his save got corrupted.

InFamous: SS still looking pretty good.

I'd say MGSV, Uncharted 4, The Order: 1886, and Battlefield 1 are probably the best looking games that are still relevant

MGSV is literally last gen dogshit

U4 and battlefront and arkham knight are the best looking games on the market

Dragon Age: Inquisition

At least try.

>The Order: 1886
That wasted potential, though

game is shit but it looks great

>InFamous: SS still looking pretty good.
Not with those 2008 character models with 2003 lip synching/facial animations.

The game isn't shit because the graphics are "too good" the game is shit because it wasn't optimized.

kek

Severance or Replenishment?

Is that reptilian alien shapeshifting?

Crysis 3 > Witcher 3

>Update
look at all those pop ups right side

the lightning in the witcher is bad. it's like playing half life with full bright.
the animations are pretty rough too.

>the animations are pretty rough too
No, the animations are fantastic.

mario has a shadow

IT WAS

YES, NO, MAYBE, I DON'T KNOW
CAN YOU REPEAT THE QUESTION

YOU MASSIVE FLAMING FAGGOT

Destiny looks amazing.

Battlefront or Battlefield look better if you want to go down the realistic path.
Star Citizen will eventually be the most beautiful though.

>18 year old
minimum age

Holy shit, nope.

reminder

Witcher 3 is the best looking game to date, in 4K.

>>unity requires minimum gtx 680 while w3s minimum is 660
>runs at half the framerate w3 does
>Unity also has 100x more NPCs on screen than W3

DSPwoooow.jpeg

They're referencing W3 NPC's, not Doomed Childstars: The TV Show.

>ubisoft crams npcs on screen so no one can play it
>gee thanks.

Is CDPR even trying?

>inb4 muh sharp textures

Yes. I don't know what god's blood CDPR had to drink to get so good but I want some of that shit.

AC Unity
Metro 2033-34
Battlefront
Battlefield 1

All looks better than W3

AC Unity also shits on it with its hair technology without needing shit looking nvidia gameworks hair with only a loss of 20fps

W3 models also nowhere neat ACU quality

You can talk shit but Ubisoft did impressive graphics there, too bad they have downgrade since then because of the shitty consoles.

I'm not even sure if it is currently the best looking game at the moment right now.

>currently the best looking game at the moment
Learn 2 grammar.

>that wall texture
Why contain it?

At least you can sing to yourself.

it isn't hard to make a game look good when you can't see past three feet.

If you're going to maintain 80+ FPS when maxed, I guess some corners have to be cut.

Moreover though, quit focusing on the inconsequential. Some people might see that as an act of sheer desperation.

any other game would literally shit itself if it would try to do this

yeah, Witcher 3 had some pretty shit draw distance

Now try that with an open world game

you can't

these fucking 2d sprite.
Looks like tw1 !

done

who is the potato?

oh yeah this game definately looked nice, they downgraded it alot after though

Unsurprisingly Unity also shits itself trying to do the same.

I said game.

>Unsurprisingly Unity also shits itself trying to do the same.

only on console ;^)

(you)

>console version graphics
Groce.

cdrone every one

I never played a witcher game in my life.

One of the skanks from the gang at the beginning of Hearts of Stone.

If you have a shit pc then yea

This looks objectively worse in every respect.

why do you open your big fat mouth then ?
Are you a poorfag watching vidya on youtube ?

Witcher 3 is probobly the most impressive. Other than hairworks which is shit about 50% of the time visually and 100% FPS wise. The game is just pretty, it looks great and even better in motion. Its also got a great world to explore with a ton of polish. But the game is not the "best looking"
Some games do other things better, some do hair, physicics, models, textures, animations, skybox, shading, etc better but in general these tend to have pretty bad limitations in one way or another.

Witcher 3 is the best looking complete package. For what it does its clearly the best but when compared next to the broad definition of " best graphics" it will fall short, mostly to games that are just interactive movies

My nigga

>there will never be a thread that celebrates how amazing videogames can look nowadays
>it's just "this game I like looks marginally better than this game you like LMAO LOOK AT THAT [small detail]" shitposting ad nauseum

Man I love karaoke

Because consoles can't handle it.
Geometry was part of the downgrade too.

>you can't give an opinion on something unless you play it

are you dumb?

Really?

>Metal like DAI lipshine

Actually Ark Survival is the best looking game when maxed out in 4k.

this level was so beautiful. tfw ill never play witcher + dlcs for the first time again

what? the animations are pretty good my dude, though technically w3 is weak

come on mate, technically there's a lot of other games doing much more than w3. artistically probably not, but this is a gfxfag thread.

>implying

Well you're giving on opinion about gameplay. So yea you pretty much have to play it dumb poorfag

games such as...

I mean it looks alright but not even on the top 50

well every other games that we listed here ?

Holy, what is this game?

0/10

i swear you witcher shill are so annoying.
You're going tell me that battlefrotn looks worst than tw3 ?

So fucking hyped for this

Stop replying. It's over.

ryse son of rome

the more important question is who's the best waifu in Witcher 3?

Geralt

PC friends are going to have a fucking meltdown but Uncharted 4 looks better

youtube.com/watch?v=ts2am8WRBXQ

>BUT UNCHARTED 4 ISN'T OPEN WORLD LIKE THE WITCHER!

Doesn't matter, it looks better.

*kills you*

>Skype

what's wrong with skype?

>what's wrong with skype?

>karaoke

Is OP an anime?

>whats wrong with skype?

>OP cancelled his karaoke for this thread

>currently
>at the moment

nigga your grammar is as retarded as your opinion

Holy shit, even the whores were downgraded

Worse. Unadulterated reddit.

>karaoke cancelled

>using Skype

Don't know, is it?

>The lighting
>The smoke
>The shadows
Jesus christ, I had totally forgotten how beautiful Alien Isolation was.
What engine was it made on?

>all this advancement towards photorealism and ultra graphics
>games are still bland shit
At least they are pretty looking shit.

comparing a corridor game graphics with an open world game
seriously ?

Creative Assemblys own engine made from scratch, don't know if they have used it on their other titles.

the what ? Its a thread about "best looking game" and tw3 looks average. Now if you want open world you got Homefront and Forza 3 which look 10x times better

>>The shadows
One thing bothered me though. Not every light source casted a shadow. Meanwhile FEAR and Doom 3 did it 12 years ago. Undoubtedly consoles fault.

I prefer games that look like the current Ratchet&Clank desu.
Rather than photo realism, I'd like a game that looks like a Pixar movie with destructible environments.
I hate it whenever threads about best graphics are made and there's nothing but photo realistic pics

You're my kind of people

You silly user it's only been 9 years.

>Doesn't matter, it looks better.
Actually it does matter. Uncharted is barely a game. but you would argue its more of a game than a movie, But a movie is just more rendered graphics so basically the same as a game just with less interactive elements. This extends into shit like tech demos and rendering software both which can look better than a game. Does this make them the better looking "game"
No because anyone with half a brain realizes that depth of gameplay, and how it actually works does make it more impressive

Either way, they spent years polishing Alien Isolation with their engine.
Even if they do use it in another one of their games, it wouldn't look as good as Alien looks.
Every engine is good these days.
It just goes to show that whenever a developer releases a game that looks like shit, that means they didn't put much effort into it

funny i could have said the same about tw3

And I hate it when "muh art style" fags post in graphics threads with their cartoony shit.

haven't seen uncharted 4 at all, but the game that looks like real life is the order 1886...
yeah, it's a shit game, but it looks fucking real, not like "maybe if i add more bloom?" skyrim...

>they way the lamps glow and the skin of the alien changes green-ish with the light

FUCKING SPOOKY

I think you need to figure out the difference between """"""Art""""" and """"""graphics""""""

I find it very ironic how you criticize the depth of Uncharted 4 while defending the Witcher 3.

Is the Witcher 3 "deeper" than Uncharted? Of course but not by much. The combat is fucking dreadful and all it has going for it is above average graphics and decent quests for an open world game.

I totally understand your "tech demo" point about Uncharted (which makes sense since Naughty Dog's headquarters is actually the same place where Sony's Playstation tech division is located so they get access to the dev tools long before everyone else does to show off the hardware) but you could argue that the Witcher 3 is a "plot demo" (I just made up that term obviously) meaning they basically wrote some great quests and characters before thinking "oh fuck, we actually need gameplay to link all of this together, we totally forgot about that"

What you end up with is a boring, easily exploitable combat system that feels like it was designed in one afternoon.

Remove the textures and they are just as impressive. maybe you should learn a thing or 2 about design

Far Cry 2 will always have a special place in my heart. I don't know why but the graphics really appealed to me.

Shame the game was hot fucking garbage.

>Uncharted is barely a game

Can mods fix the graphical consolization of Witcher 3?

>Remove the textures and they are just as impressive
what

No. The game was pretty much overhauled for consoles. It will never look like this Unless someday CDPR decides to release that version.

>hear all the good things about witcher 3 visuals
>get it recently after getting my 1070gtx
>pump up everything to max
>start up game
>it looks like ass
why the fuck you faggots always lie to me
why

its so butt ugly most the time, that no shadow foliage, those blurry ass textures, that fucking glowing grass
i woudl question if it even looks betetr than dragon age you peoepl shit all over
what the fuck

I played AC Unity on PS4, I don't remember it looking this good or having crowds this dense

So are you

4 is barely a game. They seriously stripped down the gameplay parts even more than their previous titles. Not to mention that like half of those little gameplay segments that you get are just some risk-free climbing with fake tension.

Cartoony does not negate any part of what makes graphics look good. Models are still models, a cartoony game does not mean its poly count is low or that the models are low detail, it does not inherently change things like shadows, animations, physics, and effects. remove the color from both and its basically the same. Add it back in and you will realize that just because its cartoony doesnt mean it cant be on par with graphics especially when the textures can look better and still have tons of detail

Honestly speaking, I loved the game but how come CDPR didn't catch more crap for this?

People generally love a shitstorm

>youtube.com/watch?v=Hke6bEEqMxo
Game had so many spooky scenes

Did the console versions restrict the PC version?

"If the consoles are not involved there is no Witcher 3 as it is," answers Marcin Iwinski, definitively. "We can lay it out that simply. We just cannot afford it, because consoles allow us to go higher in terms of the possible or achievable sales; have a higher budget for the game, and invest it all into developing this huge, gigantic world.

"Developing only for the PC: yes, probably we could get more [in terms of graphics] as there would be nothing else - they would be so focused, like if we would develop only on Xbox One or PlayStation 4. But then we cannot afford such a game."

DELETE THIS

because the final product was still better than shit like ubisoft. sure it had a downgrade but it was still really nice compared to what else is out there. add it the game is actually fun to play and has a good story.
It delivered enough to be good, biggest shitstorms are when the games actually not good or anything special

Cartoony games usually have poorly detailed "simplistic" textures, this alone makes them graphically inferior. Lack of detail.

Drones in denial.

cancer

It's funny because the console version was barely functional at release. Dips to 15 fps in the swamps/novigrad, 2 minute loading screens, lots of pop-in in basically every possible form, crashes etc etc.

>truth is cancer
kill yourself

They did, there's a thread like this almost daily and the game's been out for while.

And before the game got released, there was a huge shitstorm about people calling DRM the tiny file that was left off the game install so people wouldn't play it before release.

>Did the console versions restrict the PC version?

No because they clearly had a build that looked fucking great, see

>"we just cannot afford it"
>somehow affords scrapping a good looking build and starting over
>lies and says there wasn't a downgrade for weeks before and after the release
>they somehow get away with it

I believe they just set the bar too high for themselves and couldn't deliver on their promised visuals. Consoles was a good cover for them to say "we had to downgrade!" but I don't think it was the reason at all.

No,
Actually these are:
Stranded deep
Valley

Both mind blowing visually

>there's a thread like this almost daily and the game's been out for while.
That's wrong, there are daily Witcher threads but no one ever talks about the downgrade, I'm the only autist who posts the daily reminder webms almost every day, because people keep praising CDPR and forgetting the bullshit they pulled.

and valley

I honestly loved the fuck out of that game. Really did the franchise justice.

These look pretty bad m8
Especially the clouds in first image, STALKER had higher res clouds 10 years ago

the graphics in this game were 10/10

You don't know shit about stressful til you're in a dead end of a vent and you can hear it moving around inside

That game, I went through so many pairs of undercrackers playing that.
The ai on those sometimes was fucked

try playing them in epic settings & 2560x1440 144hz, you will think different

>listening to Cred Forums shills

You only have yourself to blame.

thats because that screenshot is from the PC version

Spookiest game ever

uncharted 4 looks pretty good

battlefront is without a doubt the best looking game that exists

> I'm the only autist who posts the daily reminder webms almost every day
>almost every day
>every day
and yet no one cares kek

>the graphics in this game were 10/10
at times
and at others it looked like a 2005 game
the lack of any indirect lighting solution and overuse of ambient light kills it in many scenes

Alien was hot, all else was irrelevant to me.

it's not popular anymore so you should use "teamspeak"

Almost every time I get at least 4-5 (You)s and a discussion going :^)

UC4 looks ugly as hell in so many locations, even because (or because of) the fact it relies so heavily on pre-baked shit. Not to mention all sorts of blatant shortcuts and heavy as hell cutscene culling.

>4-5 (You)s
You fucking got them user,I'm amazed that cdpr didn't collapse after strike this big

well they run like shit on consoles so theres karma.

It was good but it dragged on too long.

I rarely complain about games being too long, they're normally too short but I felt like Alien Isolation's gameplay was far too stretched

>Is Witcher 3 currently the best looking game at the moment?
>currently
>at the moment

couldn't you have crammed common era, zeitgeist, and paradigm in there

Probably those DICE modern shooters, they look pretty good.

try it with non-cutscene models

You can't shut me up dronie

Original artstyle >>>>>>> photorealism

Undertale is the best looking game of this generation

No

I want to see games with ultra sharp textures and lower polycount/objects. Don't fucking devs see textures that look great are far more important than characters with 5 billion polygons? Also work on lighting, priority for textures and lighting.

But then PS4 games lack anisotropic filtering, textures look like shit in the vast majority of the PS4 games, past 2 metres

It seems everytime I see outdoor footage of this game, it's windy as fuck and trees are bending like they are about to break.

WHAT
THE
FUCK

KAREOKE ISFUCKING CANCELLED?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

more like Downgrader 3

This is a joke right?

>PS4 games lack anisotropic filtering
This shit blows my mind. Almost all console games lack AF.
And you know what I've noticed? That some console ports deliberately leave out AF in the settings. There's no setting for it. Like 4 out of 5 games that come out, I have to go to the control panel and force 16x AF. What's even more weird, is that some games literally PRETEND to have 16x AF. I turn it on but nothing happens, textures still blurry. Then I force it in the control panel and it works.

It's like a conspiracy man. Console parity conspiracy.

It's all moving you donkey

>it's ok to look like shit if it's moving
lol

Oh boy they did, I was there when the forum was flooded with shitstorms for them lying to our face, but the end result although downgraded and lacking in the last act of the main story was still a great game when compared to other trash games that came out in 2015.

>inb4 bloodboretards

Have you played bloodborne?

Crysis 3 is a shit game.

You'd be right about Crysis 1 or Warhead though.

>yfw karaoke is cancelled

are you pretending to be retarded?

haha modded skyrim is better

kek

>dem flat textures
literally skyrim tier

youtube.com/watch?v=MGyaR2sSBkA

open world games with wet asphalt are basically cheat mode in these screenshots

they always look good as fuck. Hell, even Sleeping Dogs looked amazing, and still does.

>I can't run the game well, therefore the graphics suck
Great point, user. You really showed him

What went wrong?

Totally yes

Ah right, the filename made me think it was PS4, Screenshots from that system are formatted like that

>30fps

new deus ex looks better i'd say.

there is almost no npc in the city in the console version

good joke OP

i dont get it

wat game

your mom forgot to take the emergency abortion pills.

It's the Chimney not matching the fireplace

I only know because he's posted it before and had to explain it then too. Bloody ridiculous

Battlefield 1, except that screenshot is taken on basically the only trench in the game.
God damnit DICE, even fighting in procedural craters was fun in the beta. Just give us some maps with a trench FLAVOR or some trench rush, jesus.

Not quite as good, but much better than the console version.
>HD reworked project for textures
>super turbo lighting mod
>e3fx
There are some other good ones but those are what comes to mind. Check out the nexus.

Holy shit for real? It's such a cheap effect though! I never lose any frames from 16x, how can't a ps4 run it?

>chromatic aberration
this meme needs to die

>battlefront

ftfy

lol, no

The game can be gorgeous on land with some lighting effects but the water is brutal everytime, everywhere.

Game is still in dev in this gif...

For all the shit it got, game looked great and ran like butter.

This game is actually way better looking and technically far more impressive than Witcher 3.
I still don't think why mustard race is trying to prove with that shitty polack casual game.

Not to mention at 30fps and corridor-galore, the need for real graphics hardware falls off. Notice the lack of high graphic videos for Unenchanted 4 here? Don't let the sony baloney get to you

Are you me

No. If consoles didn't exist, the quote would just be: "If the GTX 750 Ti builds weren't involved, there is no Witcher 3 as it is." If you need a GTX 980 to run the game at a stable 1080/60 (with HairWorks disabled), just imagine what you'd need to run this:

Notice the geometry in that webm. There's no way that build could steadily scale back enough for consoles OR the majority of PC gamers. CDProjekt Red would be making a game for a fraction of the audience they have today, and by proxy, would be making a fraction of the money.

Cred Forums just always needs something to argue over, and consoles are an easy target.

You're fucking retarded and your whole argument is invalidated by the fact that graphical settings exist. No one could max Crysis 1 when it came out, but most gaming PCs were still able to play it with lowered settings.

Yep. If it's modded.

youtube.com/watch?v=gnb_zm9nYzg

>reshade
Not even watching it, off yourself.

don't reply to him. I mean CDPR openly stated that it was the console fault and not the PC but hey "i know better than dev how games are designed".

Stupid sexy Geralt.

About 15 hours in, i no longer can be arsed with it anymore

it was alright. feel a bit jewed desu

Why is Geralt a faggy twink in this pic?

t. artistically bankrupt pleb

You say somethin'?

>says the person who downloads other people's reshade presets

>If you need a GTX 980 to run the game at a stable 1080/60 (with HairWorks disabled
This is fucking wrong + its a console build anyway so you have NO idea how PC build would have been optimized.

Fairy tail land was pretty

Show us the Dragon.

Holy kek that ps2 grass

>For all the shit it got, game looked great and ran like butter.
Prebaked lighting saves a lot of GPU grunt work. W3 is all dynamic.

Only wolves here.

Pretty much.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gqzd2uiTIlA

We're not just looking at a scaled version of the E3 build though, it's completely different. It's not like they just rolled the textures and LOD back, man. These cards would not survive the fantasy build.

"PC build"? Consoles aren't using Da Powa of Da Cell anymore, they're basically just low-mid range PCs. The biggest advantage gained would probably be over the way the UI was designed.

Is she floating?

>We're not just looking at a scaled version of the E3 build though, it's completely different. It's not like they just rolled the textures and LOD back, man. These cards would not survive the fantasy build.

You mean they wouldn't run the game at max settings in 60fps. There is nothing wrong with that.
Want 60fps? Lower settings. Problem solved.

These still screenshots do no justice to the visual representation of W3. In no other game have I stopped so often to simply adore the view and feel the blow of autumn air invade my nostrils. The nature is highly animated, very realistic.

One can argue about texture depth, but the overal visual representation of Witcher 3 is god tier in today's standards.

>Witcher 3 had pretty shit draw distance
This, literally ruins the game for me if not modded. I can't pinpoint what separates this mist that tries to hide the far away textures from the other ones, but it really pisses me off. Maybe because the mist starts far closer, while in many games they let you look at the crips, shitty textures for some distance before starting to cover it up

>Consoles aren't using Da Powa of Da Cell anymore, they're basically just low-mid range PCs

Stupid nigger consoles architectures design are still fundamentally different from PC.
And it means for cdpr that they need to aim at the lowest common denominator.

>and feel the blow of autumn air invade my nostrils.

Are you sure it wasn't the cheetos crumbs on your fingers?

I am sure.

This. Actually playing the game is gorgeous

Alien Isolation is the correct answer here not the witcher 3 or Uncharted 4.

Never understood why they nerfed the water so hard. One of the easier things to get looking good.

30fps at low/medium settings—so, consoles? I think we're going in circles here.

Let's face it, there's a pretty good chance OP knew what kind of reaction he'd get when he started this thread, just as any OP does when they post about how Uncharted 4 / Crysis / Battlefront is "The best looking game ever", like there's some kind of objective ranking there.

It would be nice. I have a folder of almost 1000 incredibly beautiful screenshots from many different games. You can do a lot with downsampling, framing and composition.

Games that are not released don't count. Never trust the bullshots. Don't you guys ever learn?

you could also ask why consoletards even visit this thread.

>30fps at low/medium settings—so, consoles? I think we're going in circles here.
What are you even trying to say?

>consoles architectures design are still fundamentally different from PC
Are you retarded? Consoles use the exact same AMD Jaguar cores that are available on the Kabini chips on PC, only with 8 cores instead of 4. And they use the exact same GPU architecture as the first-gen GCN GPUs such as Pitcairn (PS4, HD 7850 and HD 7870) and Bonnaire (Xbox One and HD 7790). And now the PS4 uses just a larger version of the same GPU, plus a few new functional blocks used on the Polaris GPUs. And they use the exact same DDR3 and GDDR5 memory used on PCs. The only thing you could consider different from PCs is the embedded DRAM on the Xbox One, but even then it makes minimal difference in quality.

>he doesn't know about cutscene lighting mode
your loss you retard

is this a meme? it looks like a 1080p ps2 game

nope Battlefront is the correct answer

>D-DAI I-is good goys why don't you buy it?
DAI doesn't even have day-night cycles.

>shiny hair
That's a glitch that was fixed, retard.

Yeah we know. But the only W3 threads made nowadays are made by shitposters. Hell there are three threads right now and they're all shitpost threads.

What about the MMO tier garbage that made up the majority of side content? That get fixed too?

Why do you think consoles have no AF while it requires nothing on PC ?
Why do you think some games run like ass on PC and not on consoles with the same hardware ? (deus ex, arkham night)
Ask dev if you don't believe me its not the same architecture.

I mean so are half those webms the webms autist posts but that's never stopped him :^)

if you want games with day night cycle n shits all over tw3

What webms are you talking about, witcher drone?

If PC games have near infinitely scaling graphic settings, then why do the most popular PC exclusives at maximum settings (LoL, DotA, Overwatch [multi-plat, but runs at 1080/60 on console] Counterstrike, etc.) not look anything like the Witcher 3 E3 demo?

The Witcher 3 is a colossal achievement, and should be remembered as such. Not "that game that looks like shit compared to the dev's pre-optimized version running on their super computers".

>Best graphics
>Best adult writing
>Best open world
>Best quest design
>Best important choices
>Best art design
>Best developer
>Best DLC
>Best characters
Is there anything that comes close to Witcher 3?
It's literally the only game even remotely close to 10/10. Hell, it may even be 10/10.

Are you actually trying to argue that the pre-downgrade version couldn't possibly have settings low enough for the mid range cards? Because that is one retarded assumption.

You forgot one thing:
>worst combat
Nothing matters more than combat. More like 6/10.

What? Of course they could have a low / medium setting, just not to your expectation of 'low'. My point was that PC game devs don't just go off the rails with their visual fidelity, because they have to make sure players with sub-par PCs can play as well; hence why League, Counterstrike, WoW etc. all look the way they do.

Go back to Street Fighter then

no

Yo bro Karaoke's been cancelled.

Lower end PC player here. Do I max it out and get 30fps or do I put everything on medium/high to achieve around 60.
I can't decide

Consoles don't have the memory bandwidth for it.

depends if you take screenshots or not

I hate seeing threads like this talking about TW3 as if it looks good when it has pretty much zero good textures.

No, they don't go off the rails with those games because it's not worth it, because toasters are their target audience.

It can look pretty nice with mods.

I WANT TO KISS LARA ON THE MOUTH AND SMELL HER BREATH AND INSIDES

Just turn hairworks completely off and shadows to the lowest setting. Rest of the settings have a minimal impact.

Even RotTR on PC at 1080p looks better. I took a bunch of screenshots of both because I thought UC4 looked better but I was wrong.

What mods

flora distance has the highest impact though ya idiot

Guy running that gave this as his list:
Atmospheric Nights
Hairworks on everything but Geralt
HD Reworked Project
PEEPERS
Supreme To Extreme
Turbolighting
Texture Sharpening Slider
WeathersEnhancedScript
Increased LOD
FOV Slider
Friendly HUD

It's between AC Unity and Arkham Asylum.

Looks shit

Oh right, forgot about that one lmao. It also has a big visual impact but leaving it on high is fine too if you need the extra fps

he looks like ken from sun ken rock

The pop-in is absolutely ridiculous. Running through a field wheat off in the distance is very visibly spontaneously sprouting out of the ground to shoulder height with every step. Any mods that improve this garbage?

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter on U4 is probably the best looking thing out right now.

Just gonna leave this here.

I would rather you not keep garbage lying around my fellow citizen. Please dispose of it at the nearest recycle bin.

that section runs like framey garbage, and you know it.

Why is this a thing?

I get that a lot of presets do little more than shift the contrast an iota in one direction or another or are just generally off-balance in their changes to the lighting and color tones but the idea that all of them without any exception whatsoever are irredeemable shit is just fucking retarded. Witcher 3 can absolutely benefit from the right Reshade or ENB setting, a lot of its default colours are far too washed out and flat, and not in a way that sets the tone or atmosphere.

Reshade is only good for personal use. If you try to pass off your personal colorgrading preset as an improvement or tell people that some retarded schmucks preset of filters and contrast is so much better than the vanilla game, then you're just going to look retarded.

Are you posting this to assert your belief that World of Warcraft is the best looking game on the market? If so, please kill yourself.

I didn't mention Witcher 3 as an example of good textures, I'm talking about graphics overall.

Great textures and lighting > shitty baked lighting and blurry shit all over the place and very high polygon counts

>shitty lighting and blurry shit all over the place and very high polygon counts
Sums up witcher 3 graphics perfectly

Alright I'll admit you can't see much in that pic. This one is much better.

I would really prefer to see less of this.

nope

DICE's games might be shitty, but they do look quite good, the models in the new Battlefront are pretty good looking too.

>hairworks on everything

i dont want my computer to melt now

whatdiduget

>30 fps

That feels more like 15-20 desu cuckmilia.

Children's cartoon.

B&W had an amazing draw distance and no fog for some reason.