How come the last proper 3D Mario game got released 6 years ago?

How come the last proper 3D Mario game got released 6 years ago?

Because nintendo doesnt rehash games as often as people say, they just slap the brands on alot of different games.

>le "3D mario" is not a real 3D mario meme

Because they've been working on the next one for 6 years behind the curtains, having B teams churn out easy money like NSMB and 3DW. Maybe they'll finally surpass SM64.

because you chose to ignore the best 3d Mario games because they're on platform you don't own

>proper
nice meme!!!

>B teams
Compare Super Mario Galaxy's credits list to 3D world's.

It isn't.

oh my god fuck you so much what is everyones problem with 3d world

But 3dw is the best 3d mario game to date.

He's going all out, guys

Galaxy 1 is the greatest 3D platformer of all time.

>everyones
Inconvenient fact that 3d world is brilliant game doesn't conform to the official party line hence you need to deny, and repeat, repeat and repat until everyone believes it

They got lazy, and tried to make profit with cheap, uninspired and generic formulas for their games.

You can thank Iwata for that.

quake 1 is a better platformer. and that isnt even its goal

good thing they recovered after Galaxy 2

Because, like everything else wrong with Nintendo, New Super Mario Bros made too much money.

Nah fuck you m8, 3DW was sick and better than Galaxy 2.

Galaxy 2 had better levels. But surely the two Galaxy games are really the best of the genre

I genuinely don't understand the "3DW isn't a real 3D Mario" argument. It actually has the mechanics from the 2D games, it's a hell of a lot more 'Mario' than 64 and especially Sunshine.

>Galaxy 2 had better levels
please end this meme. It's not true and never will be.

>le meme
Strong argument.

but it doesn't pander to muh gamecube nostalgia and changes 3d formula too much!

fuck off newfaggot

sunshine didn't change from 64? galaxy wasn't different from sunshine? besides galaxy 2 i don't know what you're on about?

Actually, the last proper 3D Mario was 64. Sunshine and Galaxy were not proper 3D Mario games.

Do you know what the words "too much mean?

>proper 3D Mario
>Galaxy 1 & 2 play almost nothing like 64 and Sunshine
>Galaxy 2 doesn't even really have a hub

>3D World isn't a 3D Mario game

what even is the 3d formula is what i'm asking

I for one enjoy the return to linearity. The early 3D collectathon open world gameplay was a historical mistake, like the Russian Revolution and the tech bubble

>people praise Galaxy 1 & 2
>when they completely fucked up the openness of Sunshine and 64 while also not doing linear platforming as good as 3D Land and World

>6 years between SMW and SM64
>6 years between SM64 and SMS
>5 years between SMS and SMG
>3 years between SMG and SMG2
>3 years between SMG2 and SM3DW
do NOT ever post again just LEAVE this board

This is six years since SMG2 and no sign of a new game though

Galaxy 2 is genuinely a bad game. Music is nice, but the game is just a slogfest.

why would they need to rehash Galaxy 1 AGAIN?