Why is the combination of being fit and being a gamer so rare? Are the two lifestyles really that incompatible?

Why is the combination of being fit and being a gamer so rare? Are the two lifestyles really that incompatible?

VR will fix it

because most of you are lazy fucks

being fit makes you attractive
being attractive gives you friends
having friends means less time for video games

Because you need to sleep well and eat well, you need money, so you go to work, after this shit you have 2 hours to be GAMER

lazy

Going to the gym for hours everyday and sweating your ass off requires you to be pretty narcissistic. Regular people wouldn't go through all that shit just to "look good" and "be stronger".

Narcissistic people don't give a fuck about anything other than shit that makes them richer or better respected. Video games are one such thing. They simply can't sit down and enjoy something because they have to keep proving that they are better than their fellow man.

Some people cant understand that you take out max 2 hours to do your fitness.

Noone on Cred Forums is that busy.

I'm fit by definition Fitness is related to enduranceI just look like Mr. Skelebones.

My favorite game is Pokémon Alpha Sapphire right now

This user gets it
When you're talking to friends, you're not playing vidya

My server on WoW literally has a /fit/ bro pvp guild. Go outside.

/thread

You sound like you hate people that play meta and competitively.

I know plenty of narcissistic "gamers" who have to continuously one up everyone, train for esport tournaments, spend all day on video gaming subreddits, etc. It's pathetic.

Just think about it: instead of focusing their narcissistic tendencies on something that will make them more attractive and desirable (going to the gym), they try to become the one eyed king of a bunch of gaming outcasts.

its not there are pro gamers that are also /fit/ just gotta make time for it and not eat pizza and hot pockets all day

>mfw lost 30 kg since last September

because lifting is a meme
all you need these days is a phone and a gun

Pictured: professional LARPers.

>Going to the gym for hours everyday and sweating your ass
Is not required to get fit

You can get fit at home easily

Why the fuck would you play video games when you look like that?

I'm beautiful, talented, pretty fit, and i play video games

get to my level, Cred Forums

Lifting for 9 consecutive years, getting fit and huge doesn't mean you're going to automatically acquire this lavish social life and women. You still have to go out, network and socialize.

Thats some heavy projecting you have there lad

But user I'm Not attractive and I hang out with shit tons of friends all the time. I feel so lonely and empty. None of my many friends can hold actual meaningful conversations like when I only had a few. They only ever want to party or go somewhere like out to eat. Not just hang out

Not him but narcissism only refers to your belief in your physical appearance being better than everyone elses and it being the most important thing. You're thinking of arrogance.

Why bother living if I can't enjoy dominating the weak and destroying my enemies?

My ancestors were warriors and their ancestors were hunters who would have died off if they failed to achieve complete and total victory.

Inside me beats the heart of warrior who lives for the trill of battle and the songs of victory.

Just because I can't kill my enemies like in the olden days doesn't mean I can't dominate them like in other ways for that sweet, sweet release of dopamine.

Being fit is rare in general. Why arne't most office workers fit? Why aren't most cab drivers fit? Why aren't most police officers of all people fit? Etc. etc. etc. What the fuck is your point?

I'm a fit gamer. OP btfo.

>Why aren't most police officers of all people fit?
They are. Stop living in the US of Ass.

>be a gamer
>sit on your ass moving mostly your hands for hours
>be so involved in what you're doing that you forget about the rest of your body
>probably also be slumped over in a chair reading the TV, like you are now as you read this, get your hand off your chin fucker

>be fit
>go move and eat well and use every part of your body
You cannot do one while doing the other. Gamers also tend to enjoy the Internet, so they can talk about games and read news about games. This also involves sitting and using only your hands.

that guy is hot. sauce plz

>people ITT thinking lifting will cure autism

lmao

Is that fallout 4 launch party?

Actually, I'm Russian, and they're just as fat as anywhere in the US or Europe. Maybe in your great state of North Korea they are skinny, but, you know.

who is that?

If you want his sauce, you'd have to ask him for it personally.

This, and getting fit in the first place removes a good chunk of time from vidya.

>>sit on your ass moving mostly your hands for hours
Literally irrelevant. The reason people are not fit is because they dont exercise and dont eat well. If you have a good fitness routine, eat well, and play games the rest of your time you will still get fit.

Even bodybuilders do not exercise all the time. You have to allow your body time to rest and repair to grow.

>Not doing a set of excercises when you die/lose a round while waiting to respawn.

im shy

>Last 3 people are the same

This is triggering my autism

>What the fuck is your point?

to be better than them

Considering NK is always starving to death I doubt they are fit there either

>I'm a colossal faggot who hates self improvement: The Post

Your real mother.

Getting fit actually isn't all that time consuming. I lift four times a week and I still beat Makaimura Revision G and 1cc Dodonpachi like everyone else.

>People complain that diet:exercise is hard
>Mfw I'm down 30lbs over the last year with 10 to go
>All I do is 45 mins of cardio, followed by sit-ups/pull-ups/push-ups/curling

Works out in the end. Cardio time is anime time, so I'm killing two birds with one stone. Jojo or Fist of the Northstar are my workout inspirations

>and getting fit in the first place removes a good chunk of time from vidya.

Not really, all you have to do is go to the gym for an hour or two, three times a week.

The two aren't as mutually exclusive as people think I kick box and do weights occasionally, I'm not in great shape at all but I just don't tell people I play games. Ever. Out of all the people I've met at uni only a few people from my study group know I play games and they only think it's the odd runescape session. I just don't think people need to know. I've known swole as fuck dudes who game and they're the same. I went to one of the unis game night and holy fuck was it a sad display.

Narcissism definitely refers to self obsession and self love having to do with more than just appearance. I don't think any source would say that it's a word mainly about physical appearance.

I work a labor intensive job and I'm fit enough to run 10km and feel relaxed not long after but I pray everyday for rain so I can game all day. I will also spend an entire weekend static when I buy a new game.

I think everyone should do at least 5 years of physical work when you are 15-25 it makes your life and health better. Eventually I'll settle down and get an office job for more pay.

>be better than someone else
Considering 'better' is purely an opinion. Im better than you for just believing im better than you.

Being fit doesn't make you better, and nor does being lazy. It just makes you fat or lazy. And people might perceive fat or laziness as being better but that doesn't change what I perceive. Which is that you're a cunt, and im better than you.

:^)

I bought a playground set of metal monkey bars and spend an hour a day on that plus walking with running intervals. I hate doing weights it just ruins my flexibility.

playing video games is nothing to be ashamed of, as long as you're not playing them 24/7

>>People complain that diet:exercise is hard
Exercise I get, that shit is hard.

But I now I'm eating healthy it really isnt hard, its just boring. Cod/Chicken, rice, fruit/veg, a shitton of eggs and other bits and pieces. Most of which is both cheap and insanely easy to cook in mass for a weeks worth.