Last game released 3 years ago

>last game released 3 years ago
>keeps milking GTA Online and didn't even release story DLC
>still not even an announcement of a new game

Wtf is taking them so long? are they making a new engine? At this rate it's gonna take them another decade to release the next GTA.

Other urls found in this thread:

gta5-mods.com/misc/naturalvision-photorealistic-gtav
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you're a true lover of vidya OP, you'll know that a developer who takes years to release a game is far better than a developer who rushes their games.

>are they making a new engine?

Uh, yeah. They have to update the RAGE engine with each new release. Expect a Red Dead R_________ announcement in October or November 2016, with a Fall 2017 release date. Then around Winter 2017, they will announce GTAVI with a late 2018 or early 2019 release date.

well no shit but it never took them this long considering they're making multiple titles at once, i don't think they'll announce RDR2, GTA6, Bully 2 at the same year. Now that 3 years have gone with nothing new except GTA V remaster it's pretty worrying, it could literally take them a decade to produce the next title in the franchise.

who cares im so done with gta after 5

uhm everybody? don't lie that you're not gonna buy it when it comes out, jumping on the hate bandwagon because it's popular is retarded as fuck

no you're not

oh yes i the fuck am right after playing 5 i went right to 4 did not feal satisfyed after playing that game and now im just tired of shooting and running around in a sandbox i feel like this game got a pass where watchdogs didn't

Please learn how to compose a proper sentence, along with some punctuation. You sound like you're still in the 5th grade.

does anyone else feel like games in general this gen are comeing out very slowly?

Except GTA 5 is an unfinished piece of shit

Does Max Payne 4 make sense?

they're having in house problems right now, they fired leslie benzies recently so GTA 6 development has probably come to a standstill while they look for a new project lead. as for their other studios, i'm not sure what's going on.

That comma was completely unnecessary.

GTA V was garbage compared to IV.

>one off

Then explain why GTAV was literally one of the worst GTA games of all time.

Dont even get started on GTAO

They'd better fucking not. It ended perfectly. Don't kill Max Payne like they killed Die Hard.

GTA V is such a short game. Even shorter than GTA 3 if you skip side content.

>back in GTA 3 era
>new game almost every year
>they are still the best this series ever had

way too close together mane,
rdr will not be released before 2018 and gtaVI won't happen until at least 2021

>"proper sentence, along with some punctuation"
You know that comma was unessary, right?

GTA VI is coming out in 2018 little buddy.

I hear ya, user.

>unfinished

Explain.

people are gona look back and realize that 5 is when the series stagnated

why woul it come out so early mane

that's not early, that's five years, which is the same amount of time that GTA V took in development.

wow that seems so soon. Feels like GTA V was just released not that long ago. So did they abandon single player dlc?

GTA IV's dlc came out within a year of the vanilla game's release, so yes i think it's safe to say they have abandoned single player dlc.

then how come gta5 had only 1 city instead of the supposed 3 cities?

DUDE EGG-SHAPED MAP LMAO

because of old gen you moron, it's still bigger than any previous game they've released

>old gen

kek shut up retard

The new map definitly needs an open bay surrounded by land. It feels like there is no purpose to use boats in V.

you're the one who's a fucking retard here.
expecting a three times bigger map on a fucking hardware that has 512mb of RAM, fucking idiot

why even make a game for 10 year old hardware?

>spouting this fucking meme again
boy. you must be a idiot

he's a meme spouting idiot, don't listen to him; i bet he loves GTA IV

>not posting this one

might b kool

>they will announce GTAVI

3rd game sold like shit so, I don't think so.

Rockstar is terrible, stop hyping them up.

theyd make so much money if they made a heist pack dlc

why would they wait until new gen consoles come out while everybody owns an old system? releasing at the end of console generation was the smartest decision they could come up with

I would take years to do that, maybe 3-4 years and until then will appear PS5 2 and Xbox 2. I like that map will be beautiful.

Wondered the same when they announced the PS4 and the Xbone

Games feel kind of gross to be a part of nowadays. The investors/publishers got too involved. GTA is an absolutely huge franchise, you only have to release a game and you're guaranteed to make a SHITLOAD of money. However, they still felt the need to:
>release at the end of a console's lifespan to reach the most amount of people
>after a whole while release it again on current-gen
>wait for (I'm willing to bet primarily for no reason other than people buying it on all three platforms) quite a while and finally also release it on PC
>purposely be vague the entire process about a release at all so more people buy it on current-gen
>have microtransactions all the way through and heavily push it

Definitely. Not only is GTA V a step back in nearly every way (obviously customization and graphics are improved), but the abandoning of singleplayer dlc in favor of Shark Card™ bullshit has ruined the series.

Then they had to ruin everyone's attempts at having fun by making it so the newer Online vehicles can't be spawned in sp.

>last I checked, they hadn't patched about half of the Benny's cars
>even if they did, I already have my PRB Sultan RS in Franklin's garage

it's not a matter of how long would it take them, it's just too big, not a single hardware in the world could handle this because Rockstar puts a shitload amount of detail on the map unlike in other games like Just Cause where everything is copied and pasted

>>have microtransactions all the way through and heavily push it
>GTAV

that's funny, it's one of the very few games where you can literally have everything in the game without spending extra money

i think you people will only be able when companies make games for free and give them to you with a note saying "sorry we took so long, sir."

How about every GTA before V?

Are there heists in online yet?

I think they have something ready, but 2K is pushing it back because of other open world games.

Yes

Yeah. just grind your ass off all day for multiple days while ignoring the "Buy Shark Cards™!" loading screens and phone texts.

>i want stuff ingame but i don't want to play the game to get them so i'm forced to buy things with microtransactions that sometimes are hinted in the game

wew lad

>sometimes
Try constantly.

But they're kind of shit

See the difference is that in every GTA you could do that anyway, except in GTAV they lock out the tools for you to have fun behind huge grinds to facilitate microtransactions. You're not a very smart person when it comes to noticing when you're being raped anally are you?

i play the game every day with my friends and i never even noticed them.

maybe i'm just too busy having fun instead of looking for random shit to bitch about

Either way, you have to show support to devs that take their time and don't rush games out the door.
If we all start getting angry about games taking forever then every dev is going to go full Activision and release the same game every year.
The day games take more than 5 years to release and end up being shit anyways, then that's when we can start complaining and killing ourselves.

>game forces you to play the game in order to get things ingame
>STOP RAPING ME!
>STOP TAKING MY MONEY!

jesus christ you people are retarded as fuck

Tbh right now i'd take anything red dead related.
I mean, even a re-release of RDR for the shitty now-gen consoles would be fine.

Everytime when autumn rolls around I have this intense desire for a game with great nature. RDR absolutely fills that desire.

Here you go user, I just released a game on the Notepad platform. You have to hold the 'a' key until the filesize of the .txt file reaches 500 terabytes. You can have fun all the way until the end!

Oh but send me 500 bucks to my PayPal account to unlock Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V, you can totally do everything without doing this though.

>random shit
They're pretty hard to miss considering how often loading screens appear and how long they stay onscreen.

Get fucked.

>every day
As if I needed any more confirmation that you're a loser sucking Rockstar's collective cock.

>let me take that concept, and exagerate every aspect of it at least 1000000%
>see, that's why the concept is bad, because i'm comparing it to shit that doesn't make any sense.

holy fuck

why do you even come to a thread about GTAV if you obviously don't play it?

Micro-transactions are like spiders in a room.
They don't do anything to but they disturb you just by being there.
I for one have never bought anything from micro transactions and therefore don't get disturbed by them one bit but the people who don't buy from them but still complain about them being there are pretty autistic in my book.
The only time I complain about them is when they sell shit you absolutely can't get in game and give other people an unfair advantage.
Those pay to win games really pass me off.

Never
Ever. Ev

Nah seems pretty accurate to me, I guess you're one of those zombies that enjoys that sort of thing.

Everything costs in the millions, and there are literally guides that recommend you to drive a truck around for literal hours a day just to get 200k or something. That's literally less fun than doing a real job.

What kind of graphics will GTA 6 have? Will it look like pic related or even better?

Wrong. There's a difference between having microtransactions on the side and obviously balancing the vertical progression in a way that makes the entire game a grind unless you buy them. Obviously not even talking about the P2W aspects here.

to the people saying rockstar are evil for using microtransactions:

How would you do it if it was up to you?

how would you keep from releasing paid DLC after all this time after the game was released, while giving away constant free content on updates? all while keeping the online servers?

Is that GTAV?

Yes but with sick mods la

>you're a zombie if you like something
>you should be a contrarian faggot like me and constantly do the most retarded comparisons ever as examples.

nah, thanks.

I played with friends until rank 60-something and realized that grinding for expensive shit, even with friends, loses any appeal after so long.

About a year later, I found out about the glitch to bring certain Online vehicles into singleplayer. So I played again to buy some cars, glitched them in, and got the fuck back off of it.

All of the free content has been shit and/or are solely to sell more microtransactions.

No seriously, a lot of these updates are simply a bunch more insanely priced supercars that one guy could make in a day. However with the sizeable GTA fanbase no doubt the make a shitton of money every time they do release them. I bet that one guy isn't even getting paid that much.

Yeah, it's this mod:
gta5-mods.com/misc/naturalvision-photorealistic-gtav

DUDE OVER-SATURATED COLOURS AND FLAWLESS ROADS DESPITE THE FACT ITS LA AND ALSO NO CLOUDS AT ALL LMAO

Bensies left.

Why would Rockstar make a new game now
all they need is GTA:O money

>ad hominem
>don't even have an argument
>didn't even try to refute what I said because it's fact
Enjoy driving that truck I guess. Protip though, you can do this in real-life where driving is more engaging and you even get paid for it.

so it's your problem then, you don't want to play the game in order to buy things, you instantly feel like you should be able to buy the best cars in the game by doing a couple of missions or a few races

micro transactions are there because of people like you, people who hate playing games and want everything without any effort or any time spent in the game.

Press X to skip gameplay.

that's basically what you people want

>Oversaturated

user you might want to calibrate your monitor. Enjoy your your no clouds.

>calls me a zombie for liking something
>gets called a contrarian faggot for obvious reasons
>AD HOMINEM!!!
>AD HOMINEEEEEEEEEEM!

i'm tired of constantly finding teens in this fucking board.

There isn't enough gameplay nor content to warrant the pants-on-head rate of progression in the game. Not to mention GTAO is about the shittiest hack job I've ever seen such a big developer do, even GTA4's online was more immersive. To efficiently 'have fun' in this game you have to sit through a shitload of menus and loading screens just to drive to A and kill B with about as much depth as a puddle. If you actually enjoy wasting hours doing these mindless repetitive tasks for months on end then be proud of it I guess.

GTA;O is slowly fading away due to rehashed content and lack of updates. Most of my friends don't even play it anymore.

you sound a lot like you play the game alone, and that's your first mistake.

3 years isn't that long for AAA game development. Rockstar's goal for the last decade is to announce their games about 6 months before release. That gives optimum time for hype building and marketing. And they get a tiny bit better with less delays every time. Plus they seem to have a fetish for releasing in May if they can.

I would suspect around November/December we hear something. Now go ahead and spaz out on me about "BUT X TRAILER CAME OUT IN Y" or "dey release games in Z month!" I'm talking about the end goal, not what gets in the way.

You mean the Xbox One 2?

Throwing a temper tantrum doesn't actually qualify as a rebuttal user.

4 million isn't shit
Sold better than the new doom

Next gta will be online only. I just hope it's optimized so it doesn't take years for shit to load.

Oh sorry, I forgot to mention you can do mindless repetitive tasks with friends.

I'd like to say friends make anything fun, but even this couldn't save GTAO.

>keeps milking GTA Online and didn't even release story DLC
Well, I rember they said clearly that DLCs like in 4 won't happen in 5.
And it was way before we got a single piece of news about 5.

they never said that, stop reading shitty gaming news sites

I'd release singleplayer DLC (used to be called expansion packs) and open up modding.

not him but it's possible. Microsoft paid Rockstar ten million bucks to make the two GTA IV dlcs so Xbox could have them earlier than PlayStation. although they have made plenty of money to make dlc for V, i suppose they're putting all of it towards GTA VI.

Who fucking cares, add some goddamn interiors to your lifeless piece of shit first r*

>New GTA game is announced
>It's set in Liberty City again

na vice city senpai. Either that or Boston plz