LMAO AT THIS FAGGOT FOR THINKING EARTHBOUND IS GOOD

youtube.com/watch?v=ulBYfJ4M5ks LMAO AT THIS FAGGOT FOR THINKING EARTHBOUND IS GOOD

>Game gives you a bike
>Shortly thereafter, Paula joins your party, making the bike useless

BRAVA EARTHBOUND.

BRAVA

And what the fuck was the point of the condiment system?

>Oh man, waste a slot to carry a packet of salt instead of just having another bag of dragonite!

When I think about it, this game actually kind of does suck. For an RPG, it has no replay value to speak of

>99% linear with no side quests
>No party organization to give certain characters priority over others
>No unique equipment builds that reward smarter thinking, not harder thinking
>No way to truly test your characters skills with the lack of a new game+ feature

Would have been nice to have, but this is give or take:
>Alternate party members
>Alternate endings
>Monster/boss arena

At the end of the day, it's still a VIDEO GAME and not an "interactive experience". You don't cut Gone Home any slack(the hipsters that love Earthbound LOVE Gone Home as well), neither should you with Earthbound.

Oh hey, it's this thread again.

Haven't seen this one in a while, keep the good work

I remember this thread like it's ___terday again.

EB cucks totally and utterly BTFO

Really makes you stinky dinky

OP: I want Earthbound to be an normal RPG!

Earthbound was something different then most RPGs at the time.

OP took a while to type this because he was rubbing his dick with his copy of chrono trigger the whole time

heres your (You)

Despite what your momma told you, being different isn't a good thing.

>Nobody proved OP wrong

lmao

>No

Many times in the past has "he" been proven wrong

Also just for clarification, I like earthbound and gone home is a piece of actual garbage. Why are you drawing connections between the playerbases of both? They have nothing in common in terms of quality or significance.

>He has fries without condiments

You sick fuck

What meme is this?

>Less than 2k views
Stop advertising your videos here

Earthbound leads to Undertale which leads to Gone Homo

You stop liking good games (EB and Undertale are not good RPGs) and want introspective games instead

>not using sugar packets to boost the finite amount of PP restoring items you get for half the game

shit strats fampai

>Earthbound leads to Undertale which leads to Gone Homo
>leads to
I've played and loved Earthbound for years and have never been interested in Undertale. Your mind blown yet?

I'm sorry to break this to you, user, but no one likes Undertale as an RPG. People play it for the experience.

>People play it for the experience.

quit giving him and his shitty video attention

Do you not tolerate those pesky games that have more story than gameplay? I mean, like I said, Gonehomo is shit because there's no gameplay, but at least Undertale does something.

You don't need to be a fedora loving fuck to understand that concept, you just beed a brain. The game stands its ground mostly on being played spoiler free due to the story twists and relies on simple (subjectively) funny characters to make the player feel more attached to them.
Certainly people had fun with the gameplay but if it wasn't for the story and how it is made, it wouldn't have shocked anyone.

And I say this as someone who found it okay.

You're right, but Earthbound is one of the holy games nobody is allowed to criticize because MUH FEELS and comfyfags.

>all these people who don't recognize pasta
>all these people who don't recognize pasta that was reserved for fucking months on end

That said nobody really praises Earthbound for its gameplay anyways.

You must be a lot of fun at parties

EB was the first video game I ever beat alone, in 1997, when I was 4.

I consider myself a veteran. Someone who knows and loves EB.

Everything OP said is accurate and if you disagree you're just part of the ugly post-2000s fanbase. Go play Undertale you 2deep4me pieces of human memespouts.

????

pasta (with condiments) or it didn't happen

Nobody said that user. But with the current Undertale hate boner and Cred Forums's love for being contrarian, it makes you wonder if it's either bait or somebody who wants to feel above others because they dislike a mostly praised game.

It's a game hard to get into IMO and it's only really liked by people into weird games, the MOTHER-style feels RPGs niche and Nintendofags.

The gameplay really isn't anything special (literally Dragon Quest), the story and dialogue are quirky, the graphics are intentionally bright colored and weird, the music is on drugs... It does not really have mass appeal (except maybe in Japan where Shigesato Itoi is famous), so why would anybody be suprised if it was shat on? But it feels sincere and not particularly pretentious.
Mass appeal =/= bad, by the way.

Also note that what made it popular was the shock factor at Giygas. Little kids fly to it like bees do with honey. It's the same principle as the love for Undertale Genocide things tweens have. It talks about dark and adult things in a way that is not too scary or graphic for children.

That makes no legitimate sense, you are drawing conclusions from a game made in the 90s to a games made roughly 20 yeats later. Not only that earthbound had way better graphics than undertale.