the D&D games you probably already know
x-men and simpsons,
sonic blast man 2
batman returns (snes)
streets of rage, final fight, etc etc obligatory classics
river city ransom
comix zone

now for the less popular ones
Denjin Makai (it's a series, first game is arcade and has an SNES port, port is okay, arcade version preferable, I have an actual cab so I don't know if it's on emu), has a sequel called guardians/denjinmakai2m, good too.
dynamite dux
mutation nation on neo geo
PuLiRuLa, has a saturn/ps1 port

And then of course the crown jewel of freeware, little fighter 2, and it's literal hundreds of total conversion mods for everything from star wars to naruto to bleach to dbz to sailor moon to lucky star to fma to yuruyuri to dark souls.

Alien vs predator arcade. Play the girl. She's the most cuhrayzee

I'm looking for a video game. It was a mid 90s arcade game. A beat'em up set in modern times I believe. You could choose a ninja with a red and blue gi and there was also a third playable character who was wearing some kind of a bird-like outfit and that character's special ability could summon birds to distract the enemies.

Ninja Combat?

Sengoku 3?

Pretty solid list, user.

>Ninja Combat

Yeah, that's the one! Thanks. The guy on the right is the one I was thinking of I guess.

I recall seeing some relatively new beatemups on the Atomswave. Any of them any good?

Also, what's the best Romance of the 3 kingdoms one? I saw one at the japanese arcade, but I couldn't write down the name because it was in fucking chinese.

Punisher
Knights of the Round
Golden Axe: Revenge of Death Adder
Vendetta (and Crime Fighter, also Violent Storm)
Sengoku 1 and 2 for the looks, Sengoku 3 for decent gameplay

It's probably Knights of Valour. I don't know which is the latest or best one, though.

Unless you mean Warriors of Fate.

alien vs predator
punisher

Streets of Rage with a friend

Fina Fight alone

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs is famous for being very simple, agile and downright fun. Punisher and Captain Commando are very good in this way, too.

King of Dragons is even simpler and very fun. You may also want to check Double Dragon and Golden Axe for simplicity.

Konami's comic based games (Turtles, Xmen, Simpsons, Asterix) are not my cup of tea, but they are very fun and newbie friendly as well.

Powered Gear

Seeing that this blonde elf is all alone in her adventure.
Are there hentai mods for this game?
A girl would eventually need a break for the duty and have some fun right?

How do you folks feel about Captain Commando?

>Knights of the Round on list
>No King of Dragons
For shame

The Simpsons