Cred Forums tells you a game is good

>Cred Forums tells you a game is good
>it's shit

I was fooled by type-0 as well. There are a lot of shills here. You cannot trust anyone's advice anymore. I did sell it for 3eu profit while keeping the ffxv demo so i got lucky.

MGS1 (other solid games are good)
Dragons Dogma

> tfw tried to play the nip version with an English patch
Couldn't understand shit. I love FNC lore though so I'm gonna pick up Type-0 engender I get a ps4 anyways

>Tabata
>good games

Souls/borne games. objectively (below) average at best.
tho it's partly my fault for believing the tasteless hipster kids on Cred Forums

Dragon's dogma

You genuinely believe everyone with a differing opinion is being paid to have it? That's dumb, people just have different tastes.

For example this guy has shitty taste imo, both of those games were among the best games the year they were released and both are still good today.

Undertale
A Link to the Past

ah yes, there are so many choices.

I finished all FFs from 1 to LR:13, which makes Type-0 literally the only FF game I dropped. Played the PC version.
I guess it may make more sense on handheld platforms though, with its repetitiveness, empty P4-tier dungeons and all.

Then again, it was also well received by the mainstream public. Surprising, considering the unbalanced maps, and lack of content.

forgot pic

>empty P4-tier dungeons
I don't know what that means

Literally the only good part was Yuffie.

What's bad about type-0?
I'm interested in trying it somewhere in the future.

The story is just a generic anime high school and the controls and gameplay are complete ass

Mgs 1 is so fucking dated. People only love it because they played it as a kid

>There are a lot of shills here. You cannot trust anyone's advice anymore.
fuck, that's stupid

It's basically an oversimplified Kingdom Hearts without anything disney related.

>Giving this game a chance
Jesus christ, are you retarded?

Persona 4 tier dungeons

I can see the charm, but the gameplay is just so terrible.

I played it for the first time recently and genuinely enjoyed it, it definitely holds up as long as you're not autistic about the dated graphics

>user can't do anything for himself
>comes to Cred Forums and asks them to tell him what to like and play
>gets upset and makes a shitposting thread because he took a random recommendation from a stranger
You're shit

I meant Persona 4, but now I think I exaggerated. Type-0's dungeons aren't THAT bad.

And the plot is the least retarded of the whole series, even if that isn't saying much.

God you're a fucking nutsack.

>The story is just a generic anime high school
I thought it's a socio-political plot

sorry you have such thin skin

I'm not overly far yet, but other than taking place in a military school the story has just been about war so far.

I've never played a persona game. It have really bad dungeons or something?

Nier

They're just a series of themed rooms that get reused

fucking shills

Crisis Core but somehow even more boring

I mean, Type-0 wasn't shit.

It wasn't as good as I was led to believe.

But I still had some fun with it.
The story, though...

I mean, apparently something something second playthrough, but the way it goes from 0 to 60 in literally ONE scene change is jarring to say the least.

>hooray, you did it!
>whoops, time for apocalypse :^)

They're empty labyrinths with only monsters and chests. Procedurally generated. And they all look and work exactly the same, only themes are different.

Doesn't mean they're bad games. You should still give them a try if you like JRPGs.

it was better than crisis core in every way tho

I only have 10000 other games to play. So probably not.

Think for yourself you puppet. Formulate your own opinions on games and purchase accordingly. If you listen to anything Cred Forums says about video games, you're bound to have a bad time.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

That ain't saying much.

not true, played it for the first time only 3 years ago and loved it

oh, take a look at this fucking guy
have you never tried something someone else recommended to you?

>Brilliant political hijinks
>LMAO APOCALYPSE
>TIME SHENANIGANS

God it was good until the ending part of the game.

That girl dying in the imperial capital legitimately caught me off guard. My jaw dropped and the fact the demo of the game was from parts of the mission you play as you escape made me so hype. Favorite part of the game.

>trusting Cred Forums recommendations
Did you also believe the anons saying RE6 is good?

To be fair
I played Type-0 in Japanese (a language I don't understand) and loved it.
It is an amazing looking and sounding psp game. It features a world map with tons of cool unlockables (airships/controllable summons). The real time battle system is great (though it should rely less on the killsights). Each character out of 14 feels unique and fun to play.
But yeah, the story is not so great

Still a great game but people need to understand that it was a psp game and not get to distracted by the highly inconsistent visuals of the HD version.

>world map with airship

a brave jrpg dev needs to bring this back

my brother gifted this game to me.
I don't understand why he was so hyped about this game, because the begin was so bad that I stopped playing after an hour.

Might give it a second try because I got a better computer now, but I don't expect much different.

>a world map with tons of cool unlockables (airships/controllable summons)
When did this happen? I don't think I ever unlocked these in my playthrough.

I did play the HD port but don't get me wrong, it's not like I somehow thought it was a console game.

I'm a firm believer that you can't handwave a game's faults for being on a handheld. Like, especially with the PSP.

If someone has a contention about poor 3D camera controls on a PSP game, then yes, "what do you expect from a PSP game?"
But the game's systems are kind of...
Boring?

Like, it's got the same sort of hold-button gameplay that XV has now, except that it's slower.
The analog-stick gestures for different moves felt clunky and just not particularly natural.
The animations and movement are just a bit too slow and a bit too stiff. Compared to other ARPGs on the PSP like Birth by Sleep and Crisis Core, which aren't exactly perfect either, it leaves something to be desired.

The game has a really shitty difficulty curve where it almost seemed like an endless spike, like the game expected me to be 10 levels ahead of where I naturally was at all times (or even more for bosses).

Like getting nearly all of the characters killed in a mission was commonplace and that doesn't feel balanced to me.

The mission-based structure also kills the pacing and I don't think the school aspect was handled very gracefully. A lot of the game feels like mindless tedium.
And before you say "b-but handhelds," the PSP has a sleep function so mission-based gameplay is not something warranted by the hardware.

The Civ-lite minigame on the world map was pretty fucking lame as well. I was into it at first but the more I played them the more I wanted to skip them. They aren't interesting or fun and the novelty wears thin fast. I also didn't see much reward from them despite the game telling me that doing it would get me rewards.

Overall, the game is just alright.

The entire game is good fuck off retard

This might just be me, but I wasn't able to really enjoy this game until I read berserk

I still remember when the translation was released and even before how everyone hyped it up to be one of the if not the best jrpg ever.

Makes you wonder how a meme this big could have begun

No it's shit, kys faggot.

I remember people were doing the same for Ni No Kuni. Barely a year later everyone completely forgot about it. Even Xenoblade Chronicles stayed relevant for longer.

I'm 5 hours into this game and having a blast so far. Does it get bad or something?

at least Ni No Kuni had something to back that up. Best jrpg doesn't come close at all but in a generation of FF13 and Skyrim it was refreshing. AI partners were shit in battle though, the extended ending with the white witch was unneeded.

>When did this happen? I don't think I ever unlocked these in my playthrough.
They are optional, look it up

>The analog-stick gestures for different moves felt clunky and just not particularly natural.
I disagree, it felt like Dissidia

>Like the game expected me to be 10 levels ahead
This is less true if you only pick five or less characters to level up. But the game does expect you to grind little, some people like that

>Like getting nearly all of the characters killed in a mission was commonplace and that doesn't feel balanced to me.
I agree that the damage balancing is off, enemies should've done less damage and the game should've ditched regenerative health. Leveling up defense through accessories helps a lot. Again, there are tons of really good unlockable accessories. you need to need to do those high level sidemissions (almost all of them can be cheesed with summons like Shiva and Odin)

>The mission-based structure also kills the pacing and I don't think the school aspect was handled very gracefully.
I don't think it is terrible but I agree that I would've preferred a typical Final Fantasy adventure

>The Civ-lite minigame on the world map was pretty fucking lame as well
I agree, I just like to think of those sections as minigames

>Makes you wonder how a meme this big could have begun
Does the game have cute girls?

>>Like the game expected me to be 10 levels ahead
>This is less true if you only pick five or less characters to level up
To be honest, the most efficient characters are Ace, Tray, Cutter and King. Everyone else needs to keep up big time.

No, it only gets better actually after the terrible intro