Itt Cred Forums meme games you fell for

Pic related arrived today. It fucking sucks. It's nice that it's an actual game but it's boring and repetitive as all shit.

It's not a Cred Forums meme game, it's an /m/ meme game.

Play on at least hard. Higher difficulty levels make you have to use different approaches to clear different missions.

Are you playing on Normal or something?

It should either be beating your ass or you should be enjoying the challange and the reperoire of weapons you can counter it.

100hours in and I can see myself put in another 100-150 even though I've already went through HARD with friends

I'm playing on Hard. I started on Normal but upped the difficulty because it was too ez. I just did the mission with those giant spider webs. Shit is BORING.

>4 missions in
O am I laffin

L-like what, Mission 4?
the game keeps ramping up constantly bringing in new enemies, and you sound like you havent even played an hour.

Not OP but the game really is dreadfully boring if you play by yourself.

and people wonder why arcades and arcadey games have gone the way of the dodo, seriously, never play a game dedicated to pure gameplay again

I don't see it.

I think the game is probably fun to ANYONE for around 30-40 minutes, literally just shooting that lvl0 rocket into giant insects. - btw this timeframe is vastly expanded if you play with friends

If you cant get into it, can't enjoy the challange or looking forward to new weapons and enemies, so if it doesn't draw you in in that time, I think its just not a game for you - should have plenty of time to refund.

Personally I enjoy playing alone too, the challange is harsh and you are kept on your toes all the time, sometimes literally just 1 wrong step from certain death for minutes, its a damn adrenaline rush every time, when you are just 1 roll farther than the fucking insect horde behind me and killing 400 enemies one shot at a time.

It was my first EDF and I had fun from the start playing alone as a wing diver. It gets really good around mission 30 though, I never expected this game to be so impressive.
gif unrelated.

Honest question. Did you not look up any gameplay videos or anything, and if you did can you not tell by watching something whether you'll like it?

Why would you ever buy something purely off of someone else's advice without any further research?

That one flavor of the week game Banished that everyone raved and moaned about. I guess it was cozy but it sucked ass. Felt like a bareboned unity attempt at city building.

The fuck is that gif?
If only thats how fencer went.

I think pretty much everything until Air Force is tutorial, and even then its a smooth curve upwards.

Also things when people start using Fencer/Air raider without understanding the game they often quit due to it, before even knowing what dash cancelling means for fencer.

Of course I looked at gameplay vids. It looked okay, truthfully I thought it would be more fun when u actually play it. And I liked That it was actually a pure game rather modern cinematic fair. Also a friend of mine really likes it and was telling me to get it for ages. Now that I have though I'm disappointed. I did actuallythink this might happen should have trusted that instinct but I see it memed here so much.

I got memed on. Oh well.

Pretty sure those were paid shills

Why not play it co-op with your friend, it shines in multiplayer. I don't really get how people discussing a game hey enjoy is "meming" you, but maybe I'm just not hip with the kids anymore.

Maybe keep playing, probably with randoms or your friend.

>I can fully understand and reject this game based on 4 missions even though theres 100 missions in game and I did 20% of the tutorial

Who knows, I got played like a retard either way.

you don't even encounter a tenth of the enemy types until like 20 missions in.

>I've played 5 missions and experienced 1% of the game
>yeah I got memed

You should quit, you don't even deserve to play this game.

>The fuck is that gif?
TSF Forefront, a fan game based on the Muv-Luv visual novel. I think it's dead.

Try playing on hard instead of normal. It's much more fun that way.

Your doing it wrong OP. Maybe start with hard because the weapon grind is 1000 times more fullfilling than normal. Also any game that lets call in a Megazord to fight Godzilla while one buddy of mine shoots it in the face with 30 millimeter tank shells, and the other is ridding on his nose and shooting him in the face.... is game of all years. I think I just had a stroke writing all that.

Protip: Play all missions on easy until you beat the 18th level. Then continuously run it on progressively harder difficulties.

As you turn up the difficulty, learn the pattern.

1. Haul ass to the back of the map, the moment the battle begins, to avoid being targeted by multiple spaceships.

2. Use whatever missile launcher you have to take out the one or two small spaceships that will focus on you.

3. As the last mech is about to fall, scope out the beach for whichever area has the most green (weapon) crates

4. Race down to the beach to collect as many as you can before the second wave starts

5. Get back to a safe spot in the back, even if it means not being able to get every weapons box. You won't receive anything if you are dead.

Farming mission 18 on Inferno difficulty, a painful amount of times, gave me the quick launching/auto-aiming missile launchers needed to coast through the rest of the game.

Or you can just farm mission 2 on hardest then on inferno a couple of times.

also sweet rave parties inside the ant tunnels

This is the most retarded thing ever

>YOU SHOULD CHEESE THE GAME SO EVERYTHING IS SUPER EASY!!!! HHAHAHA FUN

Jesus christ man you are pathetic.
Just play on hard and actually enjoy the game instead of ruining your own experience by cheesing strong weapons and using them in Solo where theres no weapon limit.

Mission 18 gives more advanced loot. Since the tanks and troops can't lose to the enemies, the game plays itself.

There's no shame in my game when it comes to easy achievements.

played it all the way up to mission 80 by myself, it was fucking great

Theres nothing but shame in your game.
You buy a coop game, play it alone, and need to cheese it.

People should have fun in solo however the hell they want to do it.

Your own fault. I mean its [current year] and you still dont inform yourself about the vidya you buy?
I had a blast. But I must say after I finished it on hard, it got kinda grindy and boring. Still got 47 hours from it.

TO PROTECT OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM ANY ALIEN ATTACK

Switch characters for a while.
Felt like a completely new experience once I've switched from WD to Fencer.

>Since the tanks and troops can't lose to the enemies
yeah they can

I've never seen it happen ever on mission 18. In the dozens of times I have run that mission, the alien units explode after a certain amount of time loses.

Every other mission? Absolutely. Allies are worthless.

number one thing i want from the sequel is more songs and let me sing the story related ones, not just the stock 3 verses.

FROM VICIOUS GIANT INSECTS WHO HAVE ONCE AGAIN COME BACK

They should be able to handle it, offline. Online they will lose since the enemy is buffed.

Did you try playing coop on harder difficulties? If not shut your mouth.

You are retarded.

>dark souls is so repetitive I've only killed zombies so far and one boss

>Get Balam
>Decide I am invincible
>Do 1 mission on Inferno
>Hector bitchslaps my mech into next week

I need a bigger gun.

>18th
Wrong, 14 is way better for that. Load more robots, easier to get them out the water and a load more guys to fight for you

Keep palying shit is about to get real.