What was the deal with that ending?

What was the deal with that ending?

really makes you think

first post best post

All Hail Blob Boy

Ah the hottest new meme, thank you lad

You got sucked into a blob, which seemed to but did not actually escape the facility it was trapped in.

INSIDE

I don't understand the ending either, the part with the blob.

At first everyone seem to lose their shit, then I kill their boss and smash him on the ground, then they actually start to help me, then they're impressed by me, then they're just toying with me, then they abandon me.

And all that in a few minutes, what the fuck?

Has science gone too far. Basically.

from the beginning the main character of the game is the blob, telepathically controlling the boy

the blob had tried this before, there were other boys before you

scientist knew that blob is trying to escape and prepared for it making the blob think it escaped when in fact it's still INSIDE

Edgy garbage which makes no sense because of muh art and muh deep story you'll never understand.

It's garbage. Limbo actually had a point and made sense. This is obtuse and vague for the sole purpose of being obtuse and vague.

alright I got it

the blob wanted to see sunlight

the resting place at the end is the only point with direct sunlight

>direct sunlight
it's a lamp
blob got bamboozled, it's still inside

the only thing i don't know is why blob is so important to scientists to make all this. my guess is blob is the answer to earth getting fucked up and now it needs to learn and gain experience for some reason.

We dem succbois

>At first everyone seem to lose their shit, then I kill their boss and smash him on the ground, then they actually start to help me, then they're impressed by me, then they're just toying with me, then they abandon me.
etaphor for life

Can be the other way round. They built their diorama to look like that place where the sun shines.

Makes sense.

>place where the sun shines

not how sun works

damn

Wish I paid attention to any of this. I was mostly having fun with the gameplay and like any video game I just breezed trough it without giving it much thought

That's how it works at least once per day (or twice per year if that's the temple of abu simbel).

only in a cave with hole on top

What were the explosions?
Why could did drowning mean I could breathe underwater?
What was the underwater monster thing?
Why was there gravity defying water?
Why did the adults care about the kid when he got really close to the blob?
Why?

Why did the adults NOT care*

The game is actually about miscarriage.
That boom part represents the mum getting raped.

There is no answer. You can't even think of an answer for yourself because there's no information to work with.

The blob is the only mutant zombie thing that can think for itself (apart maaaaybe from the little mermaid).

If you're among the people who think that the brain worms were accidental as opposed to created by the same group that managed to control the zombies, then maybe they were searching for a cure, a way to give sentience back to the zombies, even if that meant just creating a hivemind connected to the blob (and as we've seen it works fine for the boy).

or a permanent cloud layer with a storm eye.

>What was the underwater monster thing?
previous boy like that got stuck there>Why didn't the adults care about the kid when he got really close to the blob?
they knew it will happen, were prepared for this and anticipated it. it was part of their plan.

*previous boys like YOU

Basically, you are always inside.
There are a few vidoes in which you can see shit little minor stuff about mind control and stuff

So why were they trying to stop him for the first three quarters? Why were the monsters trying to stop him?

>So why were they trying to stop him for the first three quarters?

this i don't know
my guess is they were intentionally trying to drown you to teach you how to breathe under water, (blow knew you will need that to reach him).

doesn't explain why drowning resulted in game over before reaching a certain point, maybe this was needed purely from gameplay perspective.

I thought the mermaid chick gave you under water breating, because she starts to float away like shes dead after you touch her

Idk man

>mermaid chick

it was a boy, identical to you, being left there for so long his hair grew this long.
maybe it got stuck there and couldn't progress further, maybe he was left there by the blob intentionally to prepare way for future boys and teach them to breathe underwater.

>What was the underwater monster thing?

northern European folklore

something told to kids to keep them from playing near water

>if you look at your reflection in the water and touch it, a creature will drag you to the depths

though it varies a bit between denmark, norway, sweden and finland

Oh that makes more sense.

Freaky man.

Amoebaaaaaaa!!!!
Amoebaaaaaaa!!!!
Amoebaaaaaaaa!!!!!
AmoebAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

pretty freaky in the game too though

So what the fuck is this then?

proof that the boy was a mind controlled zombie from the start

The only way to truly be free is to off yourself.
That's a pretty dark message for a video game.

I think it's the key to growing the zombie servants. Notice how they grow in upside-dwon farms and follow you.

We are scientists in our lab, looking through the microscope.

kickflips internally

the secret ending is about disconnecting the player from the boy, the player is controlling the boy

but why would they let the blob escape. they were clearly anticipating it, they were almost excited for it and everything was prepared for that to happen, like it was all part of their plan.
scientists want the blob to get smarter and learn new things.

The key to the whole plot is literally at the start.

When you start the game it seems like your people are being hunted and you're just running away from some ruthless people who can shoot a kid just like that.

But if you look closely, you actually start a game in the weirdest area, there are pods in the forest, connected to the trees, which is probably where the "kidnapped" "people" come from, it's probably a field for the zombies, so they're not afraid to shoot you because you're clearly not human.

Secret ending ties in with it, because pods and you are connected to the blob with the mind-control device, which makes me think that the whole game is actually just orchestrated by scientists from the very start.

They probably grow batches of zombies and expect some to get to the blob and free it, but since they need the blob for some reason, they devise a scheme to make it think it escapred.

So they let one attempt to go through (killing the director might be just an accident) and "escape" to the "lake".

As for the undeground explosions and stuff, i think people read in too much into them, they're probably just fun setpieces to add the atmosphere.

it also makes less sense if you actually map the level, you'll probably ended up going deep underground with all the swimming down you're doing.

DEEPEST
LORE