Explain what this stat does

Explain what this stat does.

increases your wisdom.

Makes you Whiter.

You obviously need to level your Int.

Increases your magical damage and in some games your manapool as well.

most of the time increases magic damage
or hit rate with magic
or helps you learn skills faster.
A lot of things fall under Int, actually

Useless stat for faggot dress wearing casters

>being a dumb melee fighter
why not be a SMART melee fighter?

>Useless
Well how about we let one of your Low INT tank friends try suck your dick better in the middle of a fight and see how that works out for you/

>he plays a BSF
>not playing an intelligent tactician who goves out orders in the heat of battle to his allies.

because im min/maxing

depends on the game

Increases spell power and mana.

reduces the cooldown time of your super ability

or it gives you extra stat points each time you level up

This

Faggots.

Behold, the average low Int character. Only capable of single word or memetic replies, it's wit as sharp as a tennis ball.

Judging from your post you have an INT score no higher than 4.

STR is for peasants, DEX is for thieves, INT is for rulers

Weapon master needs 13 INT

Of course you're shit out of luck with monsters that are immune to critical hits, but rogues have the same problem...

Supposedly it governs how well your character can learn/reason or the speed at which they can perform complex mental tasks.

In most games it just serves to buff your magic damage or it's used as a check for various dialogue options or skill requirements.

wise rulers are more successful than intelligent rulers

STR is for alphas and kings. You know the football captain type that fucks hot chicks you like while you cry and masturbate.

DEX is for wimpy girly manlets who don't even lift and try to make up for it by trying really hard. They're not fooling anyone and they never learn.

INT is for virgin nerds who don't even have a knighthood, let alone a gf. They are the most pathetic in the kingdom.

increases your mana pool

>not balancing all of that to be perfect human
what are you, low-int?
Master of all trades is best build in any game.

Wisdom: gathering of general lore, tradition, knowledge and ability to take sensible choices in tough situations.
Intelligence: spur of the moment thinking and reasoning, ability to master new abilities quick and take the most efficient choice in tough situations.

Allows you to understand what the stat does, without having to make a thread about it.

>Master of all trades is best build in any game.
>No guys fur realz I rolled 20s for all my ability scores honest
Kill yourself cheating faggot.

Holy shit a relevant thread

OKAY FAGGOTS

Any of you played Warcraft 3? Because I need a suggestion regarding Agility on my map.

Normally Agility increases attack speed and damage, but I've made a weapons system that uses weapon damage and custom weapon specific attack speed, regardless of Agility

It's really cool, but Agility is pretty much useless since you can just ignore it and pump up strength for health and use weapon damage to beat shit up.

Now I can modify and make custom stats depending on Agility, but I'm not sure what stat should I make for it to be worth leveling up. (You can pick between 3 main stats with each level to level up)

Any suggestions on custom stat I should make?

>who don't even have a knighthood
Woah there compadre, let's slow down here. I'm not that guy, but if you're talking about Knights, they'd be an even smattering of VIT/STR/DEX/CHA/WIS/INT.

Knights were trained to be hardy, strong, and swift leaders. Ergo, they are above this whole argument.

getting all 9s or even 10s on SPECIAL in any Fallout game is quite easy tbqhwyfamilia

Post one (1) game where jack-of-all is the best build in said game.

any smt game
because no stat matters, just get incense and get swole

Evasion chance?

WC3 is dead, let it go user. What you're doing is like fucking your dead mom.

Knights are all STR builds.

King the Alpha and the knights are his muscle. Everything else is just window dressing and propaganda.

The most important stat in the entire Fallout series, at least up until Fallout 4.

>knighthood
I thought knights were CHA/DEX since they were nobility and the lethality and relative lightness of plate and pikes meant strength was a non-issue for footsoldiers.

STR would be bowmen, who wielded greatbows that requires gargantuan strength to draw.

INT would be merchants and academics, so yeah loser nerds.

Footsoldiers would be END/DEX

Emphasis on STR is a contemporary thing. Bench press was only invented in the 1940s. Even then, current soldiers are like AGI/END, STR is for sportsmen.

It can be added, but it might be gamebreaking since you already block with shields, and not really worth leveling since raw health would be more valuable

For now it just increases passive critical chance, but I'm stumped what else to add.

I was thinking of renaming it into "Proficiency" or something make a spell damage stat depending on it, might just do that in the end

There's a huge active community at Hive, and the map is just for my amusement since I love making them

That's AGI you retard. You don't even need that much INT because skill points are more than enough if you're not a balancefag.

3 onwards Luck is the best stat.

Any situation in which you're alone. Having a party of specialized dudes is fine and dandy, but if even one guy falls suddenly the downsides of specialization make themselves apparent.

Knights were lower nobility that often answer the call of duty to fight for their higher ups, or a higher cause.

Ergo, they need to be strong AND dextrous enough to use whatever weapon they can get their hands on in battle, charismatic enough to lead and inspire, and intelligent enough to devise strategies and apply their combat skills more effectively. Wisdom comes with time.

Intelligence means more than chucking spells, and dexterity means more than flinging daggers.

Knights are all STR.

Only thing that matters at all in strength of arms. Strong men go far. Weak faggots die. That's the fact of life.

Shouldn't you be in school right now

Shouldn't you have a job peacenik?

There's more to the art of war than brute strength, my friend.

Your insistence on STR is making this weird.

>inblyin LCK isn't the best stat

Bullshit. History tells us more strong men means victory.

Tricky faggots died like bitches.

Because you don't have any. Must fucking suck.

If you were actually Lucky you'd have high STR.

Think about it.

Allows you to achieve true enlightenment.

Tricky faggots led them to fight to further their own interests.

You're a delusional barafag.

no, you get STR by earning it, not just happening to come across it one time.

If you were actually lucky you'd be born from a king and be ordering all the meathead knights around to do your bidding.

Really makes you think huh.

It should be used to determine how effective you us magic and how perceptive you are when dealing with npc's and finding hidden shit

Makes you better than STRfags, although that's not hard.

>who don't even lift and try to make up for it by trying really hard
>they aren't even trying and are trying too hard to cover it

What?

>no, you get STR by earning it
Ha you don't earn your genetics. You win them with luck.

You only have so much genetic potential to be strong. You'll never be an Olympian just because you work out. You get there by being born with right genes for being strong.

Weakfags will never be strong ever.

Friendly reminder that INT is not a dump stat.

>Intelligence stat doesn't let you study artifacts

Most useless skill next to Charisma can't even talk yourself into the army base

You're right, no one should dump their points into INT.

my magic balls make bigger numbers when they touch bad guys

>he says, while browsing Cred Forums

Underrated

Think it's pretty clear that INT is not a stat Cred Forums has an abundance of.

>not being a Fighter/Weapon Master/Frenzied Berserker

It's like you don't want to be the ultimate blend of skill and savagery.

How would you make the luck stat interesting?

Use it as a stat for a gambling based play style where you basically bullshit for shits, giggles, and crits.

Higher luck increases critical, and critical failure rate for you and everyone around you. Also increases proc rate to and stuff. De-incentivize safe play styles as much as possible.

Endgame would feature shit like Darksiders 2's 120% crit rate, where you have the chance to crit twice and critical fail once per hit.

Magics better.

Knights get cucked the fuck up by sorcerers, mate. You're like Mario, we're like Bowser.

Always a magic stat, I wish it worked more like Charisma where it was a roleplay stat instead

make it the most important stat
oh wait, it already is

We've come to the point where reddit screencaps are better than Cred Forums's.

makes my sperm a better grade so my offspring are more attractive to potential mates

>reddit

Increases the amount of skill points you earn with every level up. Also a wizard's god-stat.

If I designed a game, I would not put fucking luck as a stat. It's the most retarded shit ever.

I would make it hidden and randomized every run.

As long as there's no limit.
>hah how'd you have trouble with that boss in a game where you crit half his health every turn?
>fuck do you mean there's crits in this game

And if you have really low luck you can spawn in weird places, like the final area. So you die quickly.

it's probably the most commonly invoked stat for roleplay after cha. lots of games have unique dialogue choices and even whole questlines reserved for those who actually know how magic works and can use it

Tfw no more low int funny shit from fallout
I mean it was annoying but good for a laugh

seperate it into tiers, make it so using magic to manipulate luck makes your luck stat go down, and make it funny
>debuff an enemy's luck to the first tier: they randomly slip on a banana peel, get attacked by a random bird etc and miss a turn
>second tier, their weapon has a risk of breaking/exploding in way that hurts them.
>third fourth and fifth tiers are increasing escalations of the universe conspiring to kill them. ranging from rocks falling, the ground splitting open, getting bit by a mosquito carrying an instantly lethal virus, getting hit by a meteor etc
>buffing your own luck causes good things to happen to you with a similar tone. finding money on the ground mid-battle, and bending down to pick it up causes your foe's attack to miss. speaking random gibberish turns out to be an eloquent stroke of masterful rhetoric in your foe's native tongue that convinces them to give up. lightning strikes you right after you die, reviving you as a frankenstein for the rest of the fight, etc etc

Nothing specific or universal.
Depends on the game more so than anything else.

>you were born with max int and min cha/luck

>things only low int people say

Cha is OP af. I know, I rolled max stat. Literally no other stat matters once you abuse it.

>you were born with ok stats but poor growths
>you are the Jaegen of IRL.

N'wahs go home.

Every knows it increases how much magicka you have.

Because that's not how vidya works user. Usually 'intelligence' just means bookreading and spellcasting and does nothing to benefit melee combat.

Kind of like Str and Dex in Dark Souls. They literally mean nothing, except how your damage scales with certain weapons. Your character doesn't become stronger or more dexterous. Just because you're using a dex-scaling weapon doesn't mean you have to wear thin robes and jump around like a ninja (although that's not what dexterity means anyway). You can pick a large heavy dex-scaling weapon and use heavy armour while you're at it.

Undertale

>Best stat
>not Charisma

you will be all sucking my dick before you know it

improves rate at which you level up skills

any game where this shit is tied to magic is stupid.

boost MP pool and magic damage

AGILITY is being able to dodge a tomato
Dexterity would be to be able to cut a tomato in paper-thin pieces

Perception allows me to see through your bullshit

>not CHA
doing it wrong

fuckin this

base stats shouldn't be particularly tied to your combat prowess and any game that does this is lazy. They should be there to dictate the flow of your skill acquisition and improving the skills themselves boosts their effectiveness.

Ideally you should have intelligence to improve time to level up skills and then have magic skills require the most amount of time to level so you don't get muscle wizards everywhere.

I love the idea of charismatic characters in RPGs but most games don't implement the stat right and it tends to be a pretty worthless skill

Might change some dialog and help sell shit but that's usually it

>Endurance and Constitution are different stats
>Dexterity and Agility are different stats

for what purpouse

Not sure about the crust, but a man whith no hand-eye coordination can still dodge.

Well i can see dex and agi being diffirent stats since Dex is specifically hands and agi is usually how well you can move your whole body

improves the rate you learn skills, dialogue checks, and skills that involve knowing your enemy and the world so things like auto-scanning stats.
In games it is wrongfully tied to magic but how i feel is it should be willpower (naturally gifted, local dieties) or faith (in occult sources) should be for magic. It feels really cheap when magic can be taught to mortals with little explanation.

Then what would determine magic damage?

I mean, INT for magic is just like STR for melee, or AGI for crit

I get the argument, I just don't know of a good way to put it in the game and without the other perks a high intelligence would be next to pointless and make it unbalanced

Endurance tends to be about exhaustion, how far a person can run before they get tired - constitution is how many hits they can take.

Some games blur the lines of the two though

Increases magic accuracy and increases odds of successful negotiation

A man who can jump very high is not necessarily proficient with his hands, user

Constitution is how many hits you can take, how well your body reacts to illness, etc
Endurance is how long you can keep up physical activity without being exhausted

In most games it lets you cast a spell more efficiently, making it do more damage.

People like this guy have low INT and get fucked while they try to run up and hit the caster. Or get slowed/stunned then die

Don't get me wrong I love STR too, but most of the time if the caster knows what their doing they're gonna do the most damage.

More skill points per level

>That's AGI you retard.

>He doesn't max out IN for that sweet free Energy Weapons points and use the turbo plasma rifle with fast shot
Anymore than 8 AG is overkill.

ULTIMATE STAT SYSTEM AUTISMO EDITION

STR: Increases damage with melee weapons and carry capacity
AGI: Increases AC and speed
DEX: Increases chance to successfully arm/disarm explosives and traps, lockpick, pickpocket, and damage with ranged weapons
PER: Increases chance to detect secrets, traps and invisible enemies, and to indentify items. Increases crit chance
END: Increases stamina pool and regeneration, increases resistance to physical damage, bleeding, and poison
CON: Increases HP pool and regeneration
INT: Increases MP pool and spell damage
WIL: Increases magic resistance and mana regeneration
WIS: Increases the rate at which you earn XP and level your skills
CHA: Speech stuff who cares lmao

fuck luck as a stat

So objective dump stats are DEX, PER, WIL, END, CHA and maybe WIS unless the effect is significant enough

>you were born with max int
>you still browse Cred Forums

your skill in your magic abilities improve magic damage obviously.

INT, STR and AGI shouldn't do anything.

In fact I hate that trifecta.

Int should improve skill up rates
Str should allow you to new equip heavy equipment and heavy weapons
Dex should improve mobility, evasion and allow for dual weilding and ranged weapons
Con should improve base health
End should improve stamina
Luck for critical chance and rare drops because every game with RNG should have a luck stat
Will power for magic meter

As for your damage that's all either through equipment stats that out right states something like "improves X skill by Y" or "improves damage with X by +Y" or it should be through level ups where you get to allocate additional skill points into an ability.

When you level up you get a few skill points to allocate and a few base stat points to allocate, each skill caps out at rank 10 or something, with the ability for equipment to take it beyond that.

That's my favorite skill system

>Perception not increasing chance to hit

Increases mana regen, mana pool, spell damage and attack damage if it's the primary stat

In SaGa games, it usually affects the damage of your magick attacks

hit chance is probably the gayest stat in any game, it's so important but until you have enough of it the combat feels so much like a damn dice roll

makes you miserable

Makes magic do more damage
or
Gives you more mana

depends on game

>born with low int and sort of okay charisma
>selected the smooth talker perk so nobody knows this

I dunno.
I only have 11 int in DaS and I'm breezing through it.

often the stat choice of internet pseudo intellectuals. usually that kid who was an underachiever in everything in school and fantasizes about being smarter than everyone else.

people who fantasize about being geniuses/intellectual characters are usually ironically, massive fucking idiots with an inflated egos

This

high intelligence is more of a curse than it is a blessing

This

Protip:neither of you is intelligent at all. You are just cynical, which is not the same

Probably. I'm not a genius by any means, but sometimes it's hard not to feel at least somewhat clever when I'm surrounded by genuine morons.

Fuck off Voltaire, the brahmin doesn't have to be sad

well aren't you a special fucking snowflake, why don't you gargle your own asshole faggot.

Because it's actually true to some extent? I know there's plenty of people that are smarter than me and are better than me in every way, but that doesn't change the fact that there's also people who are actually stupid or just have no idea what they're talking about. You try living in a dumpy city with a failing industrial economy, and where most of the major schools failed their Ofsted inspection reports.

Intelligence is knowing what all the stats do, Wisdom is knowing why you need them all.

The best usage I've found was in shadowbane.

Every class/race needed int. Because int increased the cap that you could learn other traits/skills.
Example:
You choose minotaur race and fighter class.
By default minotaur has lowest int and the fighter class also gives the lowest amount of int. Depending on the class you advance next it is highly imporant to know how to distribute your stat points.
If you wanted to learn your sword/mace/hammer/2handed/dualhanded/hammer/whatever skill up to max, you had to invest in intelligence.
AFAIK you started with 15 (which was the lowest you could get with this combination I think). You needed 60 int to at least raise your skills to a reasonable amount. Each level gives more points.
You could always go higher and get more out of your skills. However you sacrifice your strength or oder stat points for intelligence.
Intelligence basically means that youre not a total faggot and actually learn to progress.

15 int = you could raise any skill only up to 60%.
60 int = you could raise any skill up to 120% I think.
60+ int = you could go above 120% (but slowly)

Strength = Your character does more damage with crushing/slashing weapons and also increases the size of your character
Dextery = Obviously hit rate and damage with piercing/slashing weapons, also for throwing weapons and archery
constitution = Health points, regeneration and Stamina
Intelligence = Magical damage, hit rate and primary making your character wiser, increasing stat points cap (not being a total gimp)
Spirit = Mana points, mana regeneration