So is this worth playing or should I read a summary

So is this worth playing or should I read a summary

Other urls found in this thread:

howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=10267
youtu.be/sKv0rtgI7mw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good plot
Shit mechanics

Do you mean just the first one or the whole series? Cause i heard 3 is good. And 1 is okay. Havent played 2 though

read a summary.

decent/good writing, god awfull shit combat, same goes for witcher 2

underage please leave

I'm in the middle of 3 and I really like it. I'd like to back up and play the other two but I've heard mixed things about 1 anyway. Like said, nasty mechanics. Is it that rough?

Worth playing for the story, atmosphere, characters. The mechanics are interesting even if the combat isn't amazing. The combat isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be, it's just nothing special. It gets more fun once you've spent some talent points.

Point and click combat is a bit jarring at first, but it grows on you.
Most of the NPCs are copy pasted.
But overall the experience was enjoyable. I liked the alchemy, the signs are a bit overpowered (but i like it that way).
The ending is interesting, and makes you ponder.

It has aged like a dead cats asshole. Even back when it was released it was extremely mediocre.
I guess enough retarded polaks bought it to make a second one.

Tried playing it a year ago. Don't do it, it has aged like a bronies cum jar.

my sister is like 99% casual when it comes to games, but she liked witcher 1

combat is shit, thats about it though, still a great game. Definitely worth playing just for the world, story and characters, kind of pointless playing 1 and 2 now though if youre already playing 3 but 3>1>2
that doesnt mean 2 is bad, chapter 1 is GOAT but there is something special about the first game.
1 shouldnt be a problem for you to play unless you can only play brand new games with the best graphics and award winning combat.

>read a summary
It's a Diablo clone with most plots coming down to the following dialog choices:
Good
Bad
Internet Superhero
Game play gets dry in a lot of places. Read the books instead.

Might i add, a couple dialog choices were a bit deceiving.
Especially the one in the bank. It sounds like you're trying to gtfo, but the game sees it as you siding with the order of the flaming rose.

I've played some pretty stiff games in my day so I think I'd enjoy it regardless. I dig the atmosphere of 3, so if 1's even better with better writing I figure it'll fit me nicely. Thanks for the input.

Bout how long is it though? I'm 17 hours into 3 and I've not even made it to Act 2 yet.

The combat blows ass, its never enjoyable and you only learn it to be able to advance the plot.

howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=10267

Witcher 2 became a thing because the original received an english voiceover. That's how it got known outside of Poland.

That's not too bad. Should be bearable.

I hate that it's apparently THAT bad, but I'll give it a try and see. I'm really liking the vibe and lore of 3 and would love to get more of it.

>summary

You may as well read the fucking novel.

Put 50 hours in it. Was about to replay it with the combat mod but started another game.

It's pretty split, you're not going to find a good opinion. If you're genuinely interested in the series, give it a go, there's no shame in quitting after an hour or 2 and reading a summary.

1 took me around 60 hours but I took it very slow, you could probably beat it in around 30. 2 is shorter, around 40 is youre taking your time less than 30 if you just want the story. 3 you can finish in probably around 60 not including the expansions but you wont, theres a couple of hundred hours of content there.
Should have played 3 last my man, it will explain a lot of characters, relationships and the general state of the world and why it is like it is now.

the combat isnt that bad its just boring. Its literally just clicking a button when the prompt comes up.

Yeah, I wish I did now that I find myself interested in the lore. Ah well. I'll back up and get a taste one way or another.

gameplay is so fucking boring, and story isnt interesting either.

Chapter 1 is a slog
Chapter 2 is bearable
Chapter 3 is when shit slowly starts to happen
Chapter 4 is this youtu.be/sKv0rtgI7mw
Chapter 5 is some serious shit

Go play it, and remember to pick ALL the flowers in the first chapter

Mechanics ruined it for me.
If you can ignore that you're in for some long yet somewhat nice experience.
Also alchemy is OK.

>Chapter 4 is this youtu.be/sKv0rtgI7mw