Can anyone suggest me some games like 6 days a sacrifice?

Can anyone suggest me some games like 6 days a sacrifice?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Za3ZbwR-ImU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump for interest

OP here, after some digging i found this game called, Uncanny Valley, can anyone confirm if it's worth playing?

Hi OP, it's not quite like the Chzo Mythos, but look up Technobabylon. Watched a full stream and was pretty impressed.

One dollar on humble bundle

Uncanny Valley is no point'n'click, but it's still a good, spooky game. If you enjoyed the Chzo Mythos, it might be a good idea to pick it up.

5 Days a Stranger :^)

Looks like alot of fun, will play that.
Should have put in "Chzo Mythos" rather than 6 days a sacrifice, my favourite was actually Trilby's notes so i'm looking for spooky setting and atmospheric games rather than point and click only.

>Trilby's notes
>tfw /die

it hurts

I wished Yahtzee still makes games like this. He really had a knack for it.

What a shame.

Art of theft is pretty fun too, but that fuckin lab level jesus.

>Reminder that Yahtzee will never give the series a proper ending in a book or something

Didn't the whole thing come full circle with 6DAS?

felt really stupid that it took me so long to figure that one out

they were really great, actually.

Also damn I played this stuff late at night when I was younger and sick. Had to sleep with the lights on.

Shit man, the guy really know how to make few pixels spooky without relying on SO REAL graphix.

Even the those creeping animations were spooky.

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Silent Hill: The Room
Corpse Party
Forbidden Siren 2
Koudelka and Shadow Hearts
Fatal Frame
Haunting Ground
Echo Night: Beyond
Kuon

Yahtzee really was a a mastermind.
We NEED a Netflix Original decipting Chzo Mythos, like shit's gold.

yeah, every single plot thread was resolved. Chzo got what he wanted, but the Earth was never in any real danger, arrogant man got wreked, and all the time loops got closed

>We NEED a Netflix Original decipting Chzo Mythos
who should play Trilby?

Dacabe didn't deserve it.

Ignore everyone, play Gemini Rue

Corpse Party and Silent Hill i have played, i will look into others, thanks for the suggestions.

David Tennant, Trilby is sort of quirky but serious at the same time and Tennant's face is something that i think Trilby would look like irl.

>It...it hurts
Shit was spooky.

normally SH goes without saying, but I specifically mentioned 4: the room since a lot of people stop at 3, and 4 has the same claustrophobic trapped in house scenario that the chzo games revolve around

>David Tennant
I can kinda see it, yeah

of all of them I'd say ED:SR is the closest to the same feel. I think Yahtzee even listed it as one of the main inspirations for both the sanity rooms and the 'character experiences the fateful encounters between certain mortals and an immortal killer across the breadth of human history' type narrative

[...] in Trilby's Notes

dunno why the last part got cut off

>I could get Haunting Ground right now for $25
Should I just go for it?

This series was legit fun

Good games ITT

>Space coffin
>Lets just leave it unattended
No no no no no
Didn't think id like getting chased in space so much

it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts it hurts

that's a pretty good price

>5 days a stranger was released 13 years ago

you just reminded me that The White Chamber exists

much better than the How 2 Draw Manga art style suggests

>One of the games ends with a song from the free version of RPG Maker 2000
May have been my favorite part just from the 'anyone can make a good game' aspect.

>the definitive version music wasn't as good as original's rpgmaker rips

>tfw Chzo Mythos thread
I played these when I was 12, Trilby's Notes continues to be the best Chzo.

>Mfw I played this when I was 20 I was just late in the train
7 years still feels like a fuck long time.

>tfw was too casual for Notes
English isn't my native language, so the transition to text commands really got me back then. And that's not counting the whole nightmare fuel to the max putting previous 2 games to shame.

I just wish it was P&C rather than command based

although, then we wouldn't have gotten >die

Did Yahtzee seriously beat Slenderman to the punch with Cabadath, or was Slendy already a popular creepypasta character at that point?

Jesus Christ, time flies.
He listed them in commentary version if i'm not mistaken.
Trilby needs to happen, of course it won't because fuck original shows. Imo it could be the next Stranger Things and even better.
Oh fuck, The White Chamber, i played that shit. Long time ago though.

I originally found all these via Croatian Gaming Magazine called PC Play, they had these dvds and stuff back in 2008, if anyone is wondering.

IIRC Slenderman was already somewhat well known around SomethingAwful, but at the very least Cabadath predated The Eight Pages.

Slendy was 2007 or 2008 on Something Awful Forums while Cabadath was 2008 or something like that.
Slenderman wasn't popular at the time but Yahtzee could be inspired for all we know, he had alot of wacky inspirations.
What is he up to nowadays?

>What is he up to nowadays?
Is he even doing anything other than that Zero Punctuation shit?

Trilby's Notes was 2006
Slendy started 2007-2008

So yes, he did

I think it was a coinkidink

but I'm pretty sure both were inspired by earlier stuff in turn. tall//wears black//white head//no face
not terribly specific. I recon Nosferatu was an influence on both, for instance.

there's even a retroactive implicit joke about how Caldabaoth is just a fancier and exaggerated version of how Trilby looked in the first game before he took off his white mask.

youtube.com/watch?v=Za3ZbwR-ImU

>yfw

>Chzo Mythos remaster never ever because Yahtzee hates his old shit

That score is awfully creepy and scary.
Cabadath is the shit.

Anyone else felt bad for Trilby clones at the end of 6D?

I felt bad for everyone involved in the mess.

he still does Let's Drown Outs on his youtube channel

he's actually a much more entertaining person there since he's not projecting the angry cynicist persona that he puts on for ZP and he has his friend to bounce off

>What is he up to nowadays?
does he still own that bar?

They decided to stop doing Let's Drown Out like a month ago, no idea if they still want to make videos regardless.

Honestly I don't know what there is to remaster. The games are still playable and creepy enough to enjoy.

Remove Bear on Stick.

Alright, point taken. It's been a while since I played the games, but I do remember 5DAS being somewhat clunky when it comes to items and puzzles.

>They decided to stop doing Let's Drown Out like a month ago
huh, shows what I know. I stopped keeping up a while ago since they kept doing 7+ hour long videos drowning out the same game while playing story games with each other rather than having actual conversations

I just want more Chzo content or Trilby spin-offs.

we already know pretty much everything there is to know about chzo, and a cornerstone of horror is the uncertainty caused by lacking knowledge, so anything new in the same setting would have to revolve around some new cosmic entity other than chzo to be as engaging

Play the roguelike, it's decent.

I've been a huge fan of Yahtzee for a while, bought Mogworld and Jam just recently, but I've never been turned on to point and click adventures. Are they good?

yes. very much so.

He claims in a Drown Out video that he did indeed predate it, so even if he isn't correct it means he learned about Slender after creating Cabadath. Although Cabadath's design is based on an enemy from a little known game that I don't recall the name of. He Talks about it during the Trilby's Notes videos I think.

Still doing ZP, his passion is writing, and he just recently moved to California.

If you check out his Let's Drown Out Youtube page you can watch him playing through them

>Mogworld and Jam

You should pick up the audiobooks for those, he does the readings himself and they're pretty funny.