DotA thread

Who else /mirana/ here?

Im on that /singledraft/ life but i love me some TW or Spectre

I only watch others play it. I don't play it myself.

Most toxic community i've ever seen in all my years of gaming

I think you're wrong user. I may admit that DoTA 2 community is toxic, but there is nothing more toxic than the LoL community.

Same here, brethren.

Whoever designed Mirana aghanim should be fired.

Boring stupid shit which ruins the core concept of the hero.

>patchfaggots

I would kindly suggest you go to /vg/

morphling is aids

I love using Mirana aghs because it's fun as fuck.
However, it's just too much better than the other options that she's got a really limited playstyle now.

I played Mirana for the first time last week after over 3500 hours of Dota 2 and I did fine with her. I don't know why people have such an aversion at playing Mirana because they're afraid they won't land any arrows.

Dota is becoming stale.
The last 3 patches didn´t change the game as much as the previous ones.
Updates are lackluster.
No more season events.
It will be years until they add Monkey King and an actual new hero.
I believe game will slowly die from here on out.
either that , or become a reddit cesspoll where theyr feelings dictate the balance.
t. Someone with 4200hs
Also pugna is best girl.

peak dota was just before the rubberband patch, everything you said began after it

Literally made her viable hero that can do shitton of dmg and farm with the speed of rtz

peak was the start of the beta.

thats because the new journey patch coming next month is going to be massive

and btw monkey king comes out next month too

Hey wanna know how we make techies viable?
Replace his current aghanim with passive stasis trap that works just like Mirana aghanim. Encourages Techies to join fights, and has some synergy with suicide squad attack.

That is exactly how fucking retarded Mirana aghanim is. Free damage every 8 seconds that has nothing to do with the rest of the hero. There are other ways to make Mirana viable. Mirana with 8.0 agi gain or 1.3 BAT would have been more enjoyable than bullshit aghanim.

Monkey will come out close to Halloween , probably with seasonal event
And the game is not losing any players and slowly gaining more

What's a good hero to play as a total beginner? I like to be strong early game and snowball the game.

Next update should have this:

-Spectre Aghanim's Scepter Upgrade: Adds the ability to Reality to any illusion at any time.
-Wraith King Aghanim's Scepter Upgrade: Now removes mana cost from ultimate.
-Phantom Assassin's Phantom Strike attack speed buff is now independent of target you blink to.

-Remove Captains Mode from unranked: Very few play Captain's Mode. Having one pool for it in ranked will make queue times shorter.
-Revamp Captain's Mode and it's UI so people become interested in playing it again.
-Move ability draft to custom games complete with blog updates.
-Soft region lock for ranked (people foreign to a server only play on the same team with each other)

>toxic
Back to League of Legends with you pussy.

Ursa is pretty easy for beginners, most str carries are pretty easy to use for a newbie too I think.

Undying is easy to use and is Early game: The hero
Expect losing if you don't roll over enemy team by a mile.
Alternatively Spirit Breaker with less risks of losing if your early game doesn't go half as good.

I love single draft. I suck at the game, pretty much completely useless at everything, but single draft keeps things fresh and means I'm happy when I get to pick a hero I really like.

I wanna fug pugna

Just play Dragon knight, max ur q and e and farm till u have 6 slots

Speaking from experience, play a support.

If you learn support you learn Dota.

>tfw getting reported for playing support/roaming mirana
Fucking aghs upgrade.

Lion or Wraith

Who else /hasrandomsthatsometimescanhelpwiththeenemyteamcounterpickingmeeveryfuckingtime/?

loli pugna posters are degenerates and should be shot

>nerf armor stacking and armor items
>nerf armlet
>nerf kunkka boot buff
>nerf morph
>nerf sd
>buff sniper troll enigma
>up travel cost maybe rework travel
>up linken's and agha cost
>give blink mana back

Nerf that fucking Ahgs already, Chilly Toad.

On the other hand, Mirana is made out of fucking paper so I have very little issues with her.

Troll Warlord aesthetics when?

this
turning a sexy skele into a fleshbag is so fucking low

i play dota imba 10v10 because i got bored of 5k dota

Her ult is fuggin useless

> tfw 7 win streak Omni / Ogre

I'm amazed how few people know what Raindrop is.

Thanks for proving my point

aghanim is so stupid right now.

>le lets overpower this item on certain hereos while its shit on others and some don't even get a upgrade

love this design.

>Troll Warlord aesthetics when?

When someone plays him

Fuck you.

better question how do we fix him?

Aghanim should be a key item for heroes who have no good items to build. Warlock and AA would be absolute garbage if they didn't have OP aghanim upgrades. What would you build on AA and warlock if they didnt have aghanim? Refresher for warlock first and expect to have mana for both ults?
Usually aghanim upgrade's strength also correlates with the hero's farming speed, like AA/Warlock and pre-nerf Treant aghanim, and Alchemist aghanim doing basically nothing for alchemist himself.

It makes zero sense to have super good aghanim on a hero who already has plenty of good item choises, like pre-nerf Mirana aghanim. There are a few heroes who suffer from both lack of items and shitty aghanim upgrades (Nyx and Puck), and I hope it gets addressed next patch.
I used warlock as an "overpowered aghanim" example, although the hero is kinda weak in 6.88. But that is more because of he has only upheaval and ult worth leveling.

TL;DR: It is okay for some heroes to have OP aghanims. Mirana is not among them.

honestly heroes like troll, lina and bloodseeker are just questions of numbers

they got their numbers overbuffed and were picked a shit ton, then their numbers got overnerfed and nobody picked them anymore again

really makes you wonder how difficult it was to balance heroes like invoker - enough that the hero is still picked often in both pubs and competitive over several patches, but not enough to actually be OP

This guy gets it. There's not much point to farming and economic efficiency when you can just get one kill on the guy who was actually playing well (by old standards) and make his bank for yourself. And then they gotta rework every carry in the game to be a fighting carry instead of a farming one, they gotta keep making support shit cheaper so supports don't just insta-die when the carries inevitably have a core item at 15 minute just from deathmatching like idiots, and they gotta add scaling on casters to compensate.

In such an economy- and power spike-dependent game with very low-execution combat in general, why would you try and purge everything but combat from the game? You literally have to rework the whole game around it. And now the game's tactical advantages are so fragile that they might as well not even exist. You can win games by picking 4-5 carries if even ONE person on the other team sucks at the game, it's fucking ridiculous.

In the past I'd say fuck that because you'd never learn how to farm ever, but given rubber band inflation it doesn't even matter. You don't have to cs, it's basically HotS (teamfights 24/7) if it were decided by the first teamfight to happen after 25 minutes with everything beforehand being irrelevant.

Give him back some of the damage he lost when switching to melee. Buff Yasha. I guess they could keep buffing fervor, it's pretty hilarious to rip through towers at level 6.

Why are there so many furries

because they can be seen in every media and you are just autistic in caring

Where?

>dying with farm advantage
>playing well
You and I both know that is bullshit. It is a good thing that bad players are punished by doing bad decisions and feeding even with a significant gold/xp lead. Gold bounty scaling is not a blue shell from mario kart.

The first few rubberband patches were bullshit though. 4k hero bounties every game. I think hero gold bounties have found their place in dota.

why did they turn the rat into a a girl with animal ears

>MOBA trash
Back to /vg/

it's a lazy answer to make her viable.

Back to redd it my casual nig

single draft is the best way to avoid total shitters, first pick invoker mid tryhards and pudge spam

>MOBAbby calling anyone casual

I'd fug a meepo

So, what do you guys think about this patch?

It's the most balanced patch yet or do you found any particular heroes that are overpower or really weak?

Where are the Winter Wyvern lewds?

Where are the broodmother lewds?

feels pretty balanced honestly

I just random go middle and feed when my team shittalks me.
I dropped 2k MMR doing nothing but that, but I had the most fun with a dota-like since I hit 1800 in HoN.

>Spectre Aghanim's Scepter Upgrade: Adds the ability to Reality to any illusion at any time.
There is no need for that and it doesn't fit Spectre at all.
Her Aghs should spawn 2 illusions instead of 1.
Doubling her damage output at the cost of a slot seems like a good trade.

>pugna is best girl.
opinion discarded

What's wrong with Pugna?

So you're saying that if someone dies once, they should lose a huge chunk of the advantage they spent 15-20 minutes building for that? I'm sorry, next time I'm playing support I'll just sit in base so that the enemy PA doesn't tower dive 1v3 and murder my ass or the Slark doesn't pop out of shadow blade and do the same. If you give an inch, the other team takes a mile for free because if everybody's not playing perfectly, the rubber band snaps and you just lose if you have less lategame.

Call it balanced or not balanced, it's certainly not fun and it's fucking stupid to have to play perfectly when you're winning and get to do whatever the fuck you want when you're losing.

who /support/ here?

Pugna is not a girl. Pugna is not a living hero. All lolipugnafags I've met are consistently retarded. Also 4200 hours in dota isn't that much, I'm past 5000.

How do I reignite the passion for solo q in this game? It's been 5 months since I last played and I can't see myself dealing with peruvians and shitters again

Aim for a MMR threshold

Stop trying to win.
Random every game.
Go middle every game

When I'm telling my carry that there is more than 1 lane they can go to he just ignores me and goes to his "easy" lane with 3 enemies waiting for him. Since I dropped from Very High it became very hard to cooperate.

Wanna go u filthy spic

I know what you mean. I've been steadily raising my mmr and every time I got a bit higher the games got easier to support. Not easier to win, though.

How do I get into dota? Do I just buy wc3 and dl the mod?
Is anyone still playing it?

>tfw once was 500 mmr shy of 5k but went on losing streak

difference between 4.5k and 5k is huge though, skillwise

>see this thread
>queue for a game
>immediately random huskar
give me a meme build Cred Forums, i'm typing this as everyone else is picking

so far the other team has invoker, pa, and pudge

Phase boots, armlet and mek, since you asked for meme build.

no maymays allowed

aquila threads armlet hotd dragon lance hurricane pike halberd

Buy 3 halberd.

True

Also didn't help that i started fucking up more often, hell my win rate went from 57% to 53%

>tfw you push really well and help win the game but since your K/D is bad you get flamed to hell anyway

I hate that I like pushing too much.

If you are so good at the game, why aren't you abusing the system by picking Medusa and Spectre every game and comeback with insane networth swing?
Oh wait, that is no longer possible because gold bounties have been somewhat fixed.

>tfw you carry your team as a support
the true early game kings who dictate the tempo of game. People don't pick supports either so I can safely first pick support in 5k

follow your dreams user, but try to dodge those gangs regardless

boots and the rest of your slots solar crest

Guardian Greaves, Armlet, Butterfly, Halberd x3

Post your favorite custom game

Bleach vs One Piece

defence of the ancients

I never realised that I've played a lot of games with the dev of this.

>Crumbling Island Arena
>We Crash Bandicoot now

Sorry, I haven't indulged myself in custom games, but 1 hook = 1 kill is serious fun.

League is actually leagues worse than DotA in terms of community, I swear I was spending more time arguing with people that barely speak English than actually playing the game back when I didn't just mute everyone at the start of each normal game

>There are a few heroes who suffer from both lack of items and shitty aghanim upgrades (Nyx and Puck),
w-what

Isn't Blink Dagger+Aether lens+aghs nyx pretty much the best way to play him now? Dagon Nyx a shit.

Monkey King is barely a new hero. If you look at the concept art for phantom lancer you can see the monkey king as a design. He probably already had a character model.

why dont you get a dagon too and blast mofos from uphill

I need my Octarine core for even lower CD Lurker mode and then the game is usually past the point where Dagon is useful.

its about continues blasting not just one time burst
bury next to tier 3 and blast away when they push

I haven't played in a long time
Are tinker and furion still the best splitpushers

thats why i didn´t refer to Monkey king as an actual new hero , since its been done before in other games

Pretty much. Furion is slightly out of meta, his treants give higher gold bounty these days and that really hurt him. Still usable though.

Anti-mage and Morphling are common on the carry position right now, and are both good split pushers.

That's not LoL.

Pretty toxic, nevertheless

>>either that , or become a reddit cesspoll where theyr feelings dictate the balance.

reddit has been balancing dota since like 2013

>memeback
>the vast majority of early-strong heroes being reworked to semi-carries through hamhanded changes like retardedly powerful aghanims upgrades
>one team being better than the other is a toxic concept so instead every game goes to 60 minutes at least, and nothing fucking matters until the final retarded clusterfuck of a teamfight

What would be a better alternative though? Arrow is already good if you can land it. Pounce aghs is out of the question.

I guess you could add a shadow blade-esque component to her invis. More damage on first strike out of invis, would encourage teams with her to gank more I guess.

>Invis can't be detected except towers.

Mirana can pounce on top of her arrow to ride it while attacking with an increased attack speed bonus.

I stand corrected, pounce can have an aghs upgrade.

RELEVANT
BUFFS
WHEN
>inb4 2% more movespeed on useless invis or some shit

>BAT from 1.9 to 1.85

Will this hero ever be fun again? Or will he be Le Bulky Nuker of No Ult And No Teamfight Contribution until the end of time? Fuck burning blade and fuck Icefrog's vendetta against DOOM.

He's a bulky aura carrier with a "fuck you" ult I still think he's fun.

must be hard to live with this level of stupidity