youtube.com/watch?v=orsYBMvYqmc
youtube.com/watch?v=C8hMuCAY54o
youtube.com/watch?v=nOjwtnYfBUs
youtube.com/watch?v=1NgVaK19QgI
youtube.com/watch?v=ijAs6HgAYG8
youtube.com/watch?v=epvMR0PNOoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cg84FdoBJ5M
youtube.com/watch?v=0x0-EYfwP-c
docs.google.com/document/d/10Zcv9nyYvtkOy2lCjCTp2oM3YPrXZ7gPzhHAX34ts9o/edit?hl=en
nier.wikia.com/wiki/The_Witch's_Sabbath
youtube.com/watch?v=oCPrDjUOLbE
youtube.com/watch?v=qpCMOqFugi4
youtube.com/watch?v=OfHv37WLxA0
docs.google.com/document/d/1vEP2iZ52P-DWhQBQ2Is6R8Wjao99AGi0YuWShTvA-tA/mobilebasic?viewopt=127&pref=2&pli=1#h.b7542aa6c0b7
youtu.be/7Ag3hZuo_s0
docs.google.com/document/d/1VEIsGCY-qhAteyDzNqiITvCqH0D5seatCOYbfWDd9pU/edit?hl=en
youtube.com/watch?v=Iq3_phBQA_Y
drakengard-3.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=88&pid=2472#top_display_media
youtube.com/watch?v=LLSmHwihXrg
youtube.com/watch?v=1SgvPqL2dSs
youtube.com/watch?v=O3JStwa6JDY
youtube.com/watch?v=2ae_nXaeLj4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That looks like the undertale skeleton

I really like his design. I'm excited to see him again in automata

He's very cute. Based as fuck too.

He's got nice looking eyes, they're very pret

i said something good, you cocksucker

Cheer up, at least now you can see how cool Papa Nier looks.

He's not only a cute shota, but he's gay too. How good is that?

He is a ballsy guy

I thought his voice actress did a great job.

oh no...

not me

I want to see him get fucked by Kaine while camping outside.

fuck his skeleboner?

RIP

>wolf shade is actually the old man's dog

FUCK

Knowing that perv its probably with kaine's shade dick

why wasnt taro there
is he dying

I don't play Persona but I'm assuming Emil is the round-headed guy? His design is cool.

He's from NieR, not Persona.

Taro explained Emil sees Kainé as his older sister. No sex involved.

And Kainé's dick isn't from a shade either. She always had it.

He drinks too much.

>the
There's three you dumb fuck.

I meant the funny one

>the
There's two you dumb fuck.

He blew up a village full of assholes and is a flying skeleton. He's pretty cool.

Emil was probably my favourite character from the game, I hope he's alright.

How old are they really?
They were made by some human scientists to counter the Legions. And the last real humans disappeared like a thousand years ago.

I don't think their ages are ever stated but by the time of Nier they must be nearly 1500 years old.

He's confirmed to be in the new game right?

>In an interview with Taro Yoko, he confirms Emil to be homosexual and is attracted to Nier.

NOT FOR SEXUAL

Yes.
>Emil (Mai Kadowaki): A returning character from the previous NieR. Much of his memory has deteriorated over the thousands of years of his existence.

Interestingly they aren't showing his concept art like everyone else even though we saw his head in a trailer.

Was Kaine's dick further elaborated on in the supplementary book or was I just not paying enough attention while playing the game?

The only time I remember it being hinted at in the game is during her flashback story in NG+ when the bully kid says she's still acting like a girl instead of what she really is or something to that effect.

>they aren't showing his concept art like everyone else even though we saw his head in a trailer.
Maybe that was one of his copies and we haven't actually seen the original yet.

I like how when he thought he was going to die he shuttered with fear and curled up in a ball. Instead of alot of Jrpg/video game characters in general that don't immediately realize the gravity of death.

But then he bounced on my screen as a head and was fine and i stopped giving a fuck since hes probably immortal.

>Then she sees Kaine hold something with her demonic left arm, and she was absolutely horrified when she notices what that thing is.
>Kaine is holding……. that swelled up and stiff male organ. The traveller saw the blood vessels on the object shaking. Kaine isn’t just possessed by Shades, she is also a hermaphrodite. “I can’t control myself… in the night after I killed Shades…”
Somewhat.

It's only hinted during the game. The books have her masturbating in public and raping a corpse.

ow the edge

Why is he just a head?
I didn't play the game, but he seemed all right in that one ending when they go to the computer forest. He even has an extra pair of arms.

Will there be aliens in this game?

he blew up

The robots are aliens. Or rather alien weapons.
Alternatively: it's all a ruse and YOU are the aliens.

Don't know, last we heard of him he had a mechanical body, but that would have been thousands of years before Automata.

>Emil completed the 85,943,258th copy of himself. The fierce war with aliens began 100 years previous. To fend against the continually evolving enemy forces, the Experimental Weapon No.7 continued to make copies of himself in retaliation.

i remember reading something about "localisation" of Nier: Automata
am i crazy or did that really happen?

Do you have a fit whenever you see the word localisation?

th-that's my name...

no i just want to know because the localisation was about a boss battle
of course i could be fucking wrong

Is this you?

There will be localisation by the same people who did Nier's localisation.

>is just a head
>stops alien invasion
>they are so terrified of him they see him as a god of death and use his face design for their murderbots

I don't remember anything about a boss battle. There was a bit of drama over 8-4 localizing because they have done a few questionable things in the past, but that's about it. We can't really know for sure until it's released.

Holy shit Taro what have you done this time.

Kaine's always had that dick. Apparently the Replicant system glitched out when making that particular Kaine.

it was during the new gameplay demo thing at tgs, Taro wasn't there but a mannequin with the head was there, right at the end the head fell off and the panel freaked out, was pretty fun though it was tiny screen

It all leads to happy ending, I promise!

8-4 did the first Nier, which turned out okay. Their Drakengard 3 was mediocre, but still acceptable. I'm not too overly worried.

how big is 2B dick

Taro settings are really surreal, especially if you have to summarize.

>a little boy turned into a skeleton mage-majora's mask moon hybrid makes mechanical copies of himself after having achieved demi-lichdom to fight aliens thousands of years in the future

big enough to fill your boipucci

Not even close considering ones 2D and the other is real

2Big

I hope he'll be ok.
Please no.

Thirty years ago, Emil didn't exist.

I always assumed when they said "what you really are" they meant a monster or witch or something

like one or two lines when she was getting bullied, the dlc has her have an obvious crotch bulge, but only confirming source is the artbook

>Yoko said that he had paid 50,000 Yen of his own money to commission the mask from sculptor yoshi. After the accident happened, yoshi commented, “Wow, looks like something crazy happened, huh? haha Shall I make another? haha”

>Wow, looks like something crazy happened, huh? haha

Huh. Think we'll end up with another Papa Nier situation?

I think it'd be interesting to see an old matured 2B.

>50,000 Yen of his own money
That's, like, nothing.

>Wow, looks like something crazy happened, huh? haha Shall I make another? haha
Cute.

Nah, they would have announced something like that by now.

>haha

>$500 mask
>nothing

You act like he's rich.

Rich enough to afford a whole bunch of masks.

so this means the return of puppet taro?

And rich enough to hire thugs to regularly threaten Square Enix executives and their families.

>1 (one) mask= a whole bunch

Oh
O-oh my

Probably ~12-14 when raped by science.

Then add +1300 or so onto that.

Then however long between Nier and Automata to just Emil. :(

>implying he doesn't have a spare one
>implying he didn't already order another one

su-su-SUGOI

He has good taste in men.

She's a fucked up replicant that got parts from several bodies mixed up

Emil "sacrifices" himself while fighting Popola, who goes insane after watching her sister die and realize that not only is she now alone, she too can die. In ending C, after whatching the epilogue on what the Shadowlord does post-fight, you see Emil's head land on a desert after an undeterminated amount of time, after which he claims he had no idea his sister was, in fact, immortal. He then rolls away talking about finding the others and having to at least get some legs on the way there.

>tfw not only is Emil gay, this is carried over even to Papa Nier and he still wants his dick

I feel you, kid.
I feel you.

It was comical how unphased everybody but Emil was about the crater he made out of that town. I was half expecting Kaine to be like "Emil, they were all fucking assholes and you did a good thing today."

>Nier's attempt at making you feel bad for the Shades

It's like... just because they run around screaming I HAVE FRIENDS YOU KNOW?... that, that doesn't exactly excuse them murdering all replicants they feel like even when aware of their developing personalities.
Hell.
They should be more than aware they cannot communicate with people. Why the fuck are they surprised Replicants freak the fuck out when one of them shows up all OOGA BOOGA BOOGA over their face.

>Why the fuck are they surprised Replicants freak the fuck out when one of them shows up all OOGA BOOGA BOOGA over their face.

I think they were expecting the observer androids (Devola/Popola for Nier's region) to do a better job of keeping the replicants in the know. There are other regions that were successful in reuniting shade + body, as there are apparently legit humans kicking around on the moon in Automata.

I don't think they were counting on some of their androids developing the ability to feel ennui.

Seems like expecting Devola and Popola not to be worthless was everyone's mistake in the whole game then.

Manhattan can be quite pricey! Even with 50,000 yen!

Too many good things so I will say something bad.

He is a fucking crybaby.

>Q: What do you usually do to come up with a story?
>A: I drink. It’s easier to think when I’m a little tipsy.
A true artist.

>Implying anybody else would have the strength to kill his own sister for the purpose of the mission

>Implying anybody else would have the strength to petrify Kainé for the purpose of the mission

>Implying anybody else would have the strength to accept you've turned into an abomination and the one you're in love with has to see you like that everyday

>Implying anybody else would have the strength to accept the fact that you've wiped out and entire town full on people by accident, regardless of the fact they were idiots

I think I'll forgive him if he feels like crying, man. He had a hard fuckign life.

i like when they get ripped apart

But Drakengard 3 came out after Nier and many of their other more recent projects have been disparaged.

Why go by the original Nier's translation quality when so, so much has changed in the industry since?

>many of their other more recent projects have been disparaged.
Would those be the Nintendo titles they've done?

Coolest/funnest/best weapon to play through Nier with?

this
8-4 arent saints but most of the shit was nintendo meddling
the iron pipe

I wouldn't say any is particularly fun, but I usually go with any spear for bosses/farming robots and any greatsword for multiple enemies. Never use normal swords after Act 1 really.

This shit makes me miss the combat bracers from Drakengard 3. Way too much fucking fun with that stuff just spamming triangle all day punching the shit out of enemies at incredible hihg speed. I was so happy to see they're in Automata as well.

>headband says brother one but titties say one

WHICH IS IT

Both

Penis included

Playing Nier for the first time, at what point in my playthrough, in a rough and general sense, will I want to start smoking a lot of weed for the ideal playthrough experience?

Think first new game+

>NieR
>timeskip
>you have new weapons
>two handed swords and spears

They were made to just sit and look pretty. And sing.

What do you think yoshi's masks smell like? haha

Beer, sake, and tears.

So what's the big deal about the Black Flower entity in Utahime Five? Is it the origin of the Flower that infected Zero?

No bully.

That and being majorly hypocritical.

>"We don't wanna fight you. But since you aren't willing to DIE FOR US and let your daughter be possesed and erased from existence, we will."
>"Oh my god you killed my sister after we tried to murder you twice, advocating everyone and everything you know is worthless and a lie. How dare you!"

Bitch get a grip.

It is, somehow a small part of it got out and infected Zero. The flower gave the intoners false memories and the urge to open the gate where the black flower was sealed.

Drakengard 3 was fucking weird tbqh, and not really in a good way most of the time.

Felt the same after the first one died. They both started on Nier, so why do they act like you shanked her whilst she slept?

People aren't rational when their sibling gets killed usually. I know where you're coming from though , because I always hated the plot device of

>lets pick a fight with this guy
>he kicks our shit in, some of our dudes die
>HOW DARE HE

So did the Black Flower being released have any lasting effects on the Intoners you think?

The game seemed like it didn't really know what it wanted to be. Drakengard 1 and Nier had consistent tones even if they also had strange concepts, but while I still enjoyed it I don't really get what they were going for with 3.

That can be said for most everything Yoko Taro touches.

Well yeah, of course rationality isn't a prime thing in that situation but then again you'd expect the thousand years old emotionless andriod witches to excell at it just the tiniest bit more than the usual.

And instead we get her going ALLAHU AKBAR.

>So did the Black Flower being released have any lasting effects on the Intoners
After coming into contact with it they changed into adult forms and could now summon their angels. I'm pretty sure the flower's influence became stronger in them after this as well.

>emotionless
They were supposed to be but just like the replicants they must have developed genuine emotions over time.

I didn't really feel like any of the characters made much sense. The entire world, narrative and characterization was insanely inconsistent, and whenever something kind of decent was introduced it was never fleshed out, and then just became another thing that didn't make much sense.

The whole thing felt ADHD as fuck.

No idea what the fuck went on during its development, because it doesn't make sense to me that the same people who produced Nier could also produce Drakengard 3

>Emil "Of the people of the Aerie, leave nothing left to bury"

DoD3 had less of a budget than Nier I think.

>i just finished branch A

Cool, now play through the rest of the game.

Dunno broski, I had no trouble following anything and mostly everything gets explained.

Is that cannon?

Canon, and yes.

>When Papa Nier hugs him
Goddamn I was a fountain of tears
I bet it's still sad with Brother, but with Papa it was really touching, since he is a burly old guy and all

>say something nice about Emil
He is cute and the best character in NieR.

things get even more inconsistent post branch A. For example:
>2, I love you
>haha jk I don't actually love you, now die
>haha jk I loved you the whole time
>haha jk I love you but I'm still going to kill you
>sorry for killing you

Sauce on this info? I only knew she fapped in front of the nun

the drama cd
two a shit anyway

Automata takes place nearly at 12000

>tfw no literally ten thousand year old cute skeleton bf

It's from one of the drama CDs.
youtube.com/watch?v=K7rVy2IQ1KA
something-very-special.tumblr.com/post/46898452367/lust

I would kill to have Kaine jack off in front of me.

>tfw you'll never take Kaine from behind while giving her reacharound

Kill me doc.

Well.
Just kill someone that really looks like Nier and drop it in her nearby surroundings.
Seems to be all it takes.

Even though it's basically just a bunch of classical music put in a blender, I honestly quite like Drakengard 1's OST.

youtube.com/watch?v=orsYBMvYqmc

youtube.com/watch?v=C8hMuCAY54o

youtube.com/watch?v=nOjwtnYfBUs

youtube.com/watch?v=1NgVaK19QgI

youtube.com/watch?v=ijAs6HgAYG8

I also think the game as a whole isn't as bad as people say it is.

Drakengard has the best music in the series and that is a FACT.

I think that Nier has the best music, desu. I would like to see them return to Drakengard 1's style of music for Drakengard 4, but I know that will never happen in this day and age.

#NotAllShades

Are Emil and Taro one and the same?

The gameplay isn't godawful, but it's still clunky and maddening. But I'll fight anyone who says the characters, story, and music are bad and then say "but it's batshit crazy". It's all batshit crazy, it gets increasingly surreal, but it's not bad.

Daily reminder that seere > emil

>Unfortunately, she's too late; one of the northern houses was attacked, and the occupant -- her client from earlier -- was mortally injured. His sister is trying to save him, and tells him that Kaine was the one who kept the shades from killing her, too. This pleases the man, but unfortunately it's the last thing he hears. He dies from his injuries.

>At that moment, Kaine barges into the house.

>She's still in a frenzy from the battle, and with no more Shades to kill she has to sublimate her battle-lust somehow. She shoves the man's sister out of the way, apparently unaware of her own actions, muttering that no matter how many Shades she kills it's never enough, never enough, she can't fill the void, something is missing and people keep dying and it's useless and

>the sound of fabric tearing
>the sister screams
>begs her to stop

Poor little girl.

I thought from the thumbnail Emil's head was getting buried.

I never thought an opinion could be wrong, but here we are

youtube.com/watch?v=epvMR0PNOoQ
Haha! Time for Growing Wings!

I have a challenge. You must make sequels for Drakengard 1, but it must be set in Midgard, and it can use any Branch except A. What do you do?

oh it's getting "buried" all right

Is the she raping the little girl or the corpse of the brother?

Get Taro to work on it this time.

>The gameplay isn't godawful, but it's still clunky and maddening.

While it can get annoying, especially when trying to dodge the enemies on horseback, I feel like I adapt to janky game mechanics and controls more quickly than most people. I've played quite a few shitty PS2 games, so I guess I'm just used to this kind of thing.

You know that is true

I wish Seere, Dito and Emil would hang out together.

Sadly, you must continue the (not so) proud tradition of making direct sequels to Drakengard 1 without Taro's direct involvement.

The brother, but I guess she's raping the girl's innocence at the same time.

>Seere
>The brat who's arguably responsible for the destruction of two entire worlds, due to the fact that he had his pact partner smash his own sister into a bloody pulp
>A """"""""""good"""""""""" character

i can see emil and seere getting along but not dito
a danmaku set in the aftermath of ending C

He kind of reminds me of Sans.
You know, from Undertale.

WHO IS THE SEXIEST
FATHER OR BROTHER???

I think he is more similar to Ness
You know, from EarthBound.

Papa Nier with the eyepatch-thing
without it he looks like a neanderthal

LITERALLY FIRST POST

Who would have as the protagonist? New guy, or Caim as he has to fight hordes of dragons?

Or would rather play as a dragon as you eradicate humanity?

caim riding on an abomitation furiae killing dragons

So why did Seere using Golem to kill Manah summon the Watchers, and dragons eating Manah in Ending C didn't?

She was a bitch.

>manah apologists

Let's take it a step further. Caim decides to shove Inuart's, Furiae's, and Angelus' corpses into a Seed of Destruction and rides whatever comes out to fight the dragons.

>inuart will be the ass part

It happens around 8:00.

>Post-Ending D
>A few hundred years after the events of Drakengard 1
>A greedy king hears rumors about "Gods frozen in time"
>Tries to break through Seere's time crystal barrier
>You play as one of the descendants of those who saw what happened during Drakengard 1's chapter 12 and survived
>You must stop the king before he awakens the Watchers again

While I would say "plot hole" at this point it's established that dragons offing a watcher-influenced beings damages them in such a way their watcher bullshit magic doesn't work (example being Gabriel removing Zero's arm and her whole suicide pact with Michael).

So "plot hole that got lucky it can sort of be explained away"

Well, to be strictly honest;
Seere IS a good character. He is well written and is very interesting over the fact that the first time you meet him, you assume he's "the lone sane person" in your party.
Only to find out that he has been willingly ignoring his sister being beaten to hell and back and constantly ratting her out, blaming her for things he did and just overall living the life while she got the everloving shit beaten out of her (I mean his mother poured fucking snakes over Manah and Seere gave no fucks.)

The only reason he snaps out of it is when literally everyone in his home town gets murdered and the guilt of GIVING HER UP FOR HIS OWN LIFE IN ORDER TO ESCAPE triggers.
Then the fucking child gets the most overpowered pact thing ever conceived and proceeds to MURDER HALF A COUNTRY WITH IT over his guilty conscience, and opts to wrap all of that up by accidentally(or willingly, for mercy's sake, give or take.) smushing the shit out of crazy Manah.

And in the ending he doesn't smush her in?
He literally skips any blame for her going nuts, and lets Caim mentally rape her for two decades before he's like
>yo sis I need you so I am enlisting you

The kid is a giant asshole and manages to skip all of that just because he's cute and manipulates everyone.

no dragons fuck the shit out of the flower induced shit, not of the watchers mind controlled fucks like manah.

Maybe the dragons were able to fight them off before we saw them in Ending C

It's unclear whether Manah is even responsible for her actions during the game. Even if she was, Seere killing her was the wrong thing to do, as the events of Chapters 12, 13 and the entirety of Nier demonstrate.

I just played this recently but I would say everything is the mother's fault. If she treated Manah correctly, a lot of the bad stuff wouldn't happen.

Are watchers and the flower not in the same family? I figured as such given that Bro-One is the offspring of the flower and his descendants (like Manah) are watcher bait.

so far as i know the watchers and the flower are both tools of the Gods, so they are similar but not the same.

First track souns like OPN

Second track sounds kind of like an Amon Tobin track with less percussion

Grotesequeries vs Dragons sounds rad as hell.

>she treated Manah correctly, a lot of the bad stuff wouldn't happen.

Couldn't Brother One being the founder of the Cult, and being Manah's great-great grandfather lead to the implication that Manah's mother's abuse of her was intentional so she could groom her into being a vessel for God?

You are in midgard and this dragonfucker murders your entire family, what you do?

>Seere IS a good character. He is well written

I don't think he's badly written, I just think he's a twat for causing the wrath of the Watchers.

If you looked to much into it, could.
But I mean, the game already explains it. Seere was born being able to use holy magic.
Manah was born being able to use dark magic.

The first get praised.
The latter generally get murdered. Instead, she got beaten up and abused.

I completely lost your guy's conversation cause I haven't played 3 yet. I'm only played Nier and recently 1. I didn't know they were connected so closely.

Murder my family before he can.

Does Caim ever kill non-combatants, apart from Verdelet in between Drakengard 1 and 2?

Dragons are established as natural enemies of the Watchers before D3/the flower even being a thing, so them being able to cockblock Watcher things isn't a huge stretch of the imagination.

Chapter 13 is my jam youtube.com/watch?v=cg84FdoBJ5M

Take what pieces are left of my family and leave.
Alternatively, by Drakengard standards.
Die horribly.

I run the fuck away.
He kills death. FUCKING DEATH! Never mind that when given the option of killing a dragon with god-like power or him, the dragon is the easier option.

he kick elves in the face so probably

Steal his kills by murdering my family before he gets the chance.

Why was Seere's and Manah's mom such a turbobitch?

Maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way. One had two kids (Gruen and Grenat) with a woman named Rosa, and Shi Ni Itaru Aka shows him offing Gruen's bloodline, who actually took One's place as leaders of the Cult. Grenat's bloodline is not mentioned. Ramia (Seere and Manah's mother) is from Grenat's lineage, so maybe she abused Manah because she was worried Manah's affinity for dark magic would attract the Cult of the Watchers.

This is just guesswork on my part, and it assumes events similar to Shi Ni Itaru Aka happened in DoD1's past.

Because Drakengard.

Not him, but I really don't see the point at getting angry at a 6 year old. Both of them were influenced negatively by the mother and have barely even been alive in the first place. I don't think anyone thinks rationally when they're 6 years old. But I didn't play 3 and I like Emil more anyways.

In weaponlore it's mentioned that twins are bad news. Having one pop out with red eyes probably didn't help her cope with it.

Twins in this universe are almost always fucked somehow.

>Seere/Manah
>Devola/Popola
>Emil/Halua
>One/Bro-One

I think she saw Manah pretty much as a confirmation of the Watchers coming from them eventually, yes. And it being Drakengard, you don't go "I will fight for you!" over your child being Satan 2.0 and make her feel love for humanity.
Instead you bucket that bitch with snakes.

I'm sorry

>Instead you bucket that bitch with snakes.

Preach it brother!

This is drakengardland, good things don't happen unless you're a hunting obsessed baron or a bard going after a pair of blacksmith twins.

what is this shit about snakes?
i dont remember it

So she fucked the corpse, or did she rape the girl?

youtube.com/watch?v=0x0-EYfwP-c

In Drakengard 2, Manah has a (very lengthy) period of regressing back to a crazy bitch (although at least remains on your side.)
While crazy, she keeps screaming about her mother and pleading for her to either keep the snakes away or remove them from her.
While it may be figurative speaking and she can just be referring to the Watchers, her mother really -is- a turbobitch so we may as well assume she was snaking the child for all we know.

Fucked the corpse, IIRC it looked like Nier.

>try to emulate Drakengard
>the models are invisible
awesome

I never actually finished Drakengard 2. What happend to Manah and Seere?

Yeah they're grea

>Twins in this universe are almost always fucked somehow.
I see.

Seere in all ending's there. Still immortal, not giving much of a fuck in general.

In one ending, Manah an heroes to save the world.
In the "best" ending (and what we will assume is what the maker in this case considers canon since it takes ridiculously more effort than the rest), Manah and Seere help the protag kill Daddy Issues Dragon and then just stay with him after "I am literally playable for like 2 minutes in the game!" spear woman becomes the new seal, all of them vowing to someday free her from her duties.

It's also worth noting that the only post-Drakengard 2 novella is about Eris being the seal.

One a scale of 1-10, how fucked is everyone with Eve having the Three-Eyed Twins mark on him?

Does anyone else wonder what Drakengard would have been like without Yoko Taro? Apparently he was only the director because the guy who was supposed to be director was too busy.

Honestly, I think it would have ended up being a pretty generic hack and slash, and the series would have ended after the first game.

Eve's got red eyes and the Watcher cult's three-eyed gemini in his tattoo. No way in hell is that a setup for a happy ending.

he WAS a cute shota

But nothing in Undertale is funny

>Does anyone else wonder what Drakengard would have been like without Yoko Taro?

We don't really need to wonder. Drakengard 2 already happened.

Not if I murder them first.

Try not to get too attached to the new cast.

Humans split their souls from their bodies, or fled to the moon trying to get away from this. Thousands of years of effort, billions dead, all for naught.

STAHP
SDAKSDASD
STAHP

>some of you guys are alright, don't go to earth tomorrow

>Their Drakengard 3 was mediocre, but still acceptable. I'm not too overly worried.

Just finished Drakengard 3. They did an abysmal job. I'm not fluent in Japanese but I knew enough to know huge chunks of dialog, mostly Zero's, wrong. She treats Mikhail like a mom would treat a dumb child in the Japanese, but in English she's just kind of a cunt.

>Adam and Eve
What does it mean?

For guy who got all up inside his own sister he is pretty cool.

Buuut Zero is a cunt!
A cute gentle murderous cunt.
She'll tell you stuff like:
>If you don't move I'll kill you
And still kill you afterwards you move,
But with a soft, relaxed tone and a calm attitude.
Eve has a vagoo.

>Yoko Taro on Adam’s design: “I heard that guys in shirts like this are pretty popular among girls, so we added that in. Oh, and we also heard the same with glasses, so we added that to his design, too.”

I'm sure there's some kind of apple/snake equivalent just waiting to seduce Eve with watcher power.

It's also worth noting that One made Bro One out of her rib (just like Adam to Eve), so maybe there will be a parallel there too.

>Eve has a vagoo.
Like Buck Angel, but with ikemen appeal?

Nier is on PC right? If so ill be seeing him soon then.

>I can't believe how well my sister's body holds up...

The sequel will be, first NieR is still only on PS3/360.

Automata is coming out on PC and PS4.

Is it Taro Yoko or Yoko Taro? I see it written both ways.

>Could have brought back to life the Human Statues in His mansion
>Didn't even bother trying

Fuck Emil & his entire plothole of a background.

Yoko (first name) Taro (surname)

Nice to see the androids have their own rooms.

What book is this? It sounds fun.

I see, thanks.

The other way around, Taro is his first name. Nips say the surname first.

docs.google.com/document/d/10Zcv9nyYvtkOy2lCjCTp2oM3YPrXZ7gPzhHAX34ts9o/edit?hl=en

Find the nearest magical creature that can talk and make a pact with it.
That should give me enough power for revenge.

Given that they were all probably scientists from the facility, he probably wouldn't have wanted to.

I was also bugged that they weren't even addressed though. I mean, they probably predated the soul/body split, so they would have been valuable.

Are the dingdongs I see saying Mr. Taro wrong? God damn it.

I think this one's a better translation.
nier.wikia.com/wiki/The_Witch's_Sabbath

Moving around the station seems to be mostly 2D.

he's gay

It has been proven that the most efficient counter to the Red Eye Syndrome is an angry guy with a sword and a pair of crocs.

He really did a number on Termina

I wonder, how well would Caim fare against Intoners?

Drakengard 3 would be polished version of lair

he's only weakness is missles

Am I wrong?

2001 vibes up in this shit.

Dragons kill Intoners. Caim was past his prime, he was half blind, and he probably hadn't changed out of his crocs in a decade, but everyone still agreed that fighting the nuclear-weapon-with-sharp-bits that was his dragon was somehow preferable to fighting him directly.

Missiles are bullshit, pls nerf.

Except the main area.

This is very good logic, all the greatest writers did so while a little tipsy.

>party consist of a child murderer, a child rapist, a child eater, and a child
>the child is the most despicable character
Will there ever be a cast as colorful as Drakengard's ever again?

It's Yoko and Taro.

What the hell is YorHa anyways?

>everyone still agreed that fighting the nuclear-weapon-with-sharp-bits that was his dragon was somehow preferable to fighting him directly

How the hell do people come to that conclusion?

She was angry at NieR n' Friends trying to stop the fight and inadvertently downplay Devola's death by saying it's over and she should stop.

YorHa is the name of the manmade androids. 2B, 9S and A2 are all YorHa models.

Drakengard feels like it was lightning in a bottle. I don't think anyone today would ever have the guts to pull something like that.

We just invert the order. If we say japanese names like Hideo Kojima or Hideki Kamiya, then the correct order for us should be Taro Yoko, and refer to him as Yokoo-san or Mr Yoko.

The thing is that everyone, including himself says and writes his name as Yoko Taro since it's the correct japanese order, so it just stuck in the west too.

YorHa is a certain type of android.

He's dead

>How the hell do people come to that conclusion?
youtube.com/watch?v=oCPrDjUOLbE

Could you tell me who's who?

Emil is going to be a boss in the new game isnt he?

All woman baby!
For those that still doubt it.

I like how Kaine goes from "badass with a tragic past" to "total monster" by the last ending.

Seriously, fuck that bitch.

>>the child is the most despicable character
He's really not. I mean, you can say he's the most irritating or something, but he's not the worst person on the party.

She just really, really needed some of that Nier.

I'm also talking about the genocide and baby murder.

Undergoing a pact gives some measure of power to the human side of the pact, and Caim seemed to hit the jackpot because he became utterly unstoppable. He murderd his way through the Empire's army pretty much singlehandedly, tens of thousands. He carved a path of destruction from Caerlon to the Capital with blade and fire and nothing, not the undead, the giant constructs, the great fortresses, the fantasy nukes, even slowed him down. And while his dragon stayed confined to her castle as a seal after the empire fell, he kept going. He didn't stop killing. It's unclear if he was really more powerful than Angelus, who was powerful even by dragon standards, but by the time Drakengard 2 rolled around he was pretty much the most feared man in the world.

Caim, Leonard, Arioch, Seele
Also the villain is also a child.

Considering he kills Angelus in Ending C, it can be reasonably argued he's more powerful than her.

Dear lord, Pre-timeskip Papa Nier looks like a caveman. Is Brother Nier gonna grow up into that?

>I can recognize the song from the url alone
Something good will happen to you Emil, someday ;_;

Hes a decent killing machine

>YorHa: For the glory of mankind
I've got a bad feeling about this.

I mean, one look at the commander was enough to see that she's going to be a major villain, if not the major villain.
Just how one look at Pascal tells you there's a 0% chance he'll live to the end of the game. ;_;

I'm ready!!!!
How bout you?!!!!

Yes.

This is unrelated, but I still don't know why someone called YorHa is credited in the DoD3 OST for singing the angel's Boss Themes.

Like, what the fuck does that even mean

This is the same commander that sent the unit in the stage play on a suicide mission right?

No really, who?

So is this in a future where the replicants rebuilt civilization, or did the gestalts get to fuse with their replicants and people can have kids again?

What happens between NieR and Automata?

Holy shit she is SOLID.

youtube.com/watch?v=qpCMOqFugi4

I'm listening to the music here, and the lyrics at the beginning just sound like, "So. Much. Fat. Gross. Too. Much. Fat. Gross."

Wouldn't humanity be extinct except for the humans on the moon?

Ending E of Nier. Humans in parts of the world with robots that aren't fucktarded successfully re-merge and everything is fine. The Devola and Popola in Automata are probably from one of these successful comunities.
Then aliens invade and humans go hide in the moon because the aliens' robots are too strong (though not everyone leaves, since there are still human settlements on Earth in Automata). The humans make robots of their own to try and fight them. Them's are the YorHas.

There were no humans on the moon during the events of NieR, that comes later.

I'm just confused how humanity is still chugging along 10,000 years after NieR if replicants can't have natural kids.

That looks like a book, it must be Weiss

Is that the one that says transcendence? Maybe it's the Beepy hive mind.
Replicants die out since they can't reproduce and no more would be made. Some gestalts managed to fuse before the events of NieR in some regions of the world, it wasn't many but I guess it was enough. Many years later Emil, who now has made himself a mechanical body, sees Aliens land on Earth. They're hostile and he fights them off by using his magic that he's practiced over the years to make a bunch of copies of himself and shoot the aliens with eye lasers. They retreat, but that's the start of the war where the aliens create an army of "living machines" to attack Earth. Humanity eventually retreats to the moon where they send their own army of androids to fight the war on Earth.

>Aliens
>Implying it's not all Emil's fault

The only thing that makes sense with the information that we have is that humans somehow found a way to overcome WCS by fusing Gestalt and Replicant. We don't know the possible side effects of that fusion or how they would deal with reproduction though.

>CV: Joji Nakata
It has to be the main villain.

adam and steve

White Chlorination Syndrome died out between the prologue and main story of NieR, it wasn't an issue anymore.

>since there are still human settlements on Earth in Automata
The resistance camps you see are older model androids who stayed on Earth.

What caused WCS in the first place?

What do you guys think the twist in Automata is going to be?

This thing

where are you getting all this?

Far as I know, Gestalts can fuse with Replicants whenever they want. And the purpose of the divide was simply to wait WCS out, until no infectees remained: given that we see no indication of it by the time NieR's story takes place, it may be long gone. Androids less scrupulous/more dutiful than the Devola and Popola we know may have forced their residents to rejoin regardless of the Replicants developing a mind of their own or not, especially once they learned that the Shadowlord was dead and there was no longer time to wait around.

Seeing how it's a continuation of Neir, I expect the game to have similar themes/premise. Misunderstandings blown out of proportions or a bigger threat is approaching and the aliens are looking for a new home.

how the fuck DID he move
just a solid ball with only the lower teeth as moving parts, but he just bounces around like a basketball

I've only played nier. What is it that? Should I go and play the drakengard games?

$20 says the robots are actually peaceful towards humans, and are only hostile because they perceive you as a threat (non-human.)

>I expect the game to have similar themes/premise
This is a Taro game

From grimoire Nier and the stage play YoRHa.

The first, decoy twist will be that humans no longer exist and the war to protect them is meaningless.
The second, ultimate twist will be that half the game was actually in a simulation and wasn't even real.
Somewhere along the line will be the reveal that 2B and 9S don't actually have anything resembling free will because they have been secretly mind controlled and they are worthless pieces of metal with no souls

>Taro also confirmed that there will be a host of other familiar RPG elements, including settlements and camps for the Resistance--the humans left behind on earth fighting machines--where 2B can purchase items and rest.

Magic.

It's from Drakengard 1, specifically ending E. Playing the Drakengard games would certainly help you understand all the lore. Although you can skip 2, it's not really relevant to anything and it's not even made by Taro.

>The player is directly referenced as the computer program running the simulation
>The simulation has been running for thousands of years because the original occupants are long dead
>Just a line of computer banks running on geothermal running simulations no one will ever use

His head was already his center of motion in NieR. His body just kinda dangled from it.
He's most likely propelling himself forward through literal magic.

Yeah. Just emulate, be warned you're in for hell.

so on a scale on 1 to 10 how fucked is the world by the time of Nier automata?

do humans even exist by that point?

I'd put it at a solid 7.

Humanity is doing fine on the Moon, but the Earth is fucked.

Zero had a hard life

9.5, Taro always has space for more

The world itself? 4 or less. Humans are gone but nature is doing just fine.

Humans are chilling on the moon hoping the alien robots will go away some day.

His face is fucking cool

I miss her.

Is Accord going to be in the game in some capacity? She's pretty much confirmed to come from NieR's world.

>liking blubber

The global situation seems to be thus; the earth is abandoned and overrun by human-killing machines that leave the environment alone while Humanity exists quite comfortably on the moon, launching YorHa's (androids) to Earth in the hopes a team will eventually wipe out enough of the robots so they can return.

Things are not dire in Automata; they can be better sure, but you're not gambling with the survival of mankind, just it's future.

Yeah they've mentioned her, but what makes you think she's from NieR's world? Because of all the androids?

Hopes and dreams, friend.

A little fat gives 'em a pleasant jiggle, user.

>Nier automata
>Nier is clearly long long dead by now

This stuff gets complicated here because there's not a lot of information about it (and my head is a mess and I tend to mix info) but I'm not sure that's WCS is gone during Nier even if we don't see it happening. The number of Legion should be very small by that time, but still not necessarily erradicated. Although Noir's actions perhaps could be indicating otherwise?

But my memory is pretty terrible so if you have some quote from Grimoire Nier regarding that I'd appreciate it. Even then, they would still have to deal with relapsing and the Shadowlord being dead, right? But it's likely that even if he was the only one at the time, another "Original Gestalt" would eventually be found again.

It's late so I'm probably fucking it up somewhere.

Stop posting, fuccboi. Go jack off to a dead animal or rotten fruit or something.

who

It's a curse.

So are Brother Nier and Papa Nier both being canon another example of branching timelines?

When people say "a good character", they don't mean morally you dumb motherfucker. They're talking quality of writing.

11/10 because

Not really, with the way replicant reproduction works she could totally be his sister and daughter at the same time.

I want to fight a watcher with platinum combat.

We mundus now

So how likely are the three playable YorHas to have different movesets even with the same weapons? I noticed in the boss battle gameplay that 9S has a different dodge animation from 2B, and the one sword slap the AI kept spamming looks like none of the moves 2B uses despite both using the same sword.
It'd be cool, considering that each of the three is of a different specialty IIRC.

If I remember correctly, the Legion were truly defeated in some major battle 300 years before the events of NieR.

What's the significance of this guy? Is this a Drakengard thing?

The Battle of Jerusalem.
The entire backstory of NieR dealing with the fight against the Legion was probably going to be its own prequel game before Cavia went under.

He has red eyes and a watcher tattoo.

Watchers are basically very fucked up evil angels that despise humanity for some reason.

They shouldn't be in nier universe but somehow they apparently are.

I cringed when I saw this the first time. It's literally shit tier narration.
Finally at last, something actually significant happens, but oh no heres an habby ending for everyone :)

Wooow Taro is so fucked up maan his stories are so dark, u were killing humans the whole time so deep so sad so... oh wait I actually didn't have the choice. Yeah shit narration.

>all these boring white hair, black outfit designs

why

The Cult of the Watchers, son.
youtube.com/watch?v=OfHv37WLxA0

docs.google.com/document/d/1vEP2iZ52P-DWhQBQ2Is6R8Wjao99AGi0YuWShTvA-tA/mobilebasic?viewopt=127&pref=2&pli=1#h.b7542aa6c0b7

Project "Gestalt" Outline:
>3276 - Revival of "Red Eye"

>The Replicants' purification of the world continues. As the number of Legion decreases dramatically, one young Replicant enters the forbidden land of "Jerusalem".

>The young Replicant's goal is to "bring back his dead (Replicant) lover". He makes this wish, and from the white mist that was the body of the Red Eye, his lover suddenly takes

>The revived lover has red eyes and little self-awareness; she kills the young Replicant on the spot with overwhelming force. She then, as the new Red Eye, becomes the leader of the Legion.

>3287 - Destruction of the Legion

>With the revival of Red Eye, the terror of the Legion returns. The world, which the Replicants had been protecting, is again on the brink of disaster.

>An Android and four Replicants challenge the Red Eye, attacking it. They destroy the Legion and send the "maso" back to the other world. The purification of the world is confirmed.

I wanna play the Drakengard games before Automata comes out but I'm told the gameplay is pretty mediocre

Should I still go for it?

>narration
>mfw people who can't use words properly complain about writing

Wait, isn't maso essentially the magic particles? How come you can still use magic in NieR if maso are no longer around?

wow you sure proven me wrong with that ad hominem
googling "narrative desgin" on google is so hard m8

They were reffering specifically to the Watcher's maso, the maso from Angelus is what they used to develop their own magic.

I have many many additional questions

Aesthetic.

It's not something that can be adequately explained in a few words. Long story short, his eyes and tattoos might be related to extradimensional genocide gods.

The only vidya character who shares my name.

Well it's close anyway, it's pronounced the same.

>They destroy the Legion and send the "maso" back to the other world.
So at some point in the world of Drakengard a whole bunch of maso that turns people into monsters/salt will appear from nowhere.

Ah, nice. I didn't remember that part.

So then what was stopping the androids to complete the Gestalt project? Relapsing?

I swear I re-read Grimoire Nier less than 2 months ago and I've already forgotten everything, fucking hell.

Just embrace it

god bless.

The watches they ______

At this point I just recommend reading The Dark Id's LPs.

Anyone have those pictures of Replicant Nier with the goats?

The smile of a man who loves what he does.

The fact that replicants had now become sentient was the main issue, only areas where androids had a strong command were able to overcome it.

>3288 - Gestaltized humans begin awakening

>With the world purified, Gestalts begin to awaken. Replicants who have acquired self-awareness, however, see them as "monsters" who would take their bodies.

>A battle begins between Replicants and Gestalts. In some areas where Androids are solidly in control, it is revealed [to Replicants] that they should accept Gestalts, and Gestalts safely return to their human bodies.

>ca. 3300 - Battle between Replicants and Gestalts

>Gestalts aim to return to their Replicant bodies using the "Reviving Ceremony" in the Grimoire Noir

>Despite having accepted Nier's "maso", some Gestalts go berserk and relapse.

>Around this time, Gestalt Nier, who has been providing "maso" continuously for over 1000 years, begins to realize that Yonah will not come back to life if this continues.

Speak not the Watchers,
Draw not the Watchers,
Write not the Watchers,
Sculpt not the Watchers,
Sing not the Watchers,
Call not the Watchers' name.

The world of Drakengard in NieR's timeline has long since been invaded by the Watchers. It's unlikely that there are humans left in that world to experience this event.

So there are two Shadowlords?

Get that shota filth out of my face.

Grimoire Weiss is perfection.

Has there ever been a Three-Eyed Twins wojak edit?

I feel like I'm the only person in the world who liked Nier's gameplay but didn't care for the story.

The maso will end in the year 856 of drakengard time

So the Devola and Popola in Automata would be one of those sets who were "solidly in control", and feel bad that they basically made their Replicants commit suicide, thus their need to atone for their sins.

No there's just one, but since the replicants go through cycles at some points Nier may be not much older than Yonah and will have an older brother relationship, in others we'd get papa Nier. I'd also mention that sometimes the replicant cycle can fuck up, see Kaine as an example.

Play it on a ps2 if you have one, emulate if you can't. Only watch the videos if your toaster can't emulate it.

For 3, play it on PS3 if you have it, watch it if you don't have one.

Weiss is a shota too

Any Nierfags mind answering some questions for me?

What's the story of the dlc?
Is it ever explained why Kaine is a herm?
Why did Yonah have the black scrawl if she was a replicant? Did the gestalt Yonah try taking her replicant before that part of the story begins?
Where does Automata fit on the timeline?

read the thread

You're a shota.

I think the guilt they feel is that two of their kind fucked up hard.

>Devola / Popola (Shiraishi Ryoko): Two old generation androids who reside in the Resistance Camp. They are aware of the incident that involved two of their same-model androids in the distance past and feel a deep sense of regret. Their ability to consume alcohol is extremely unusual for their model.

Where is this stated? What else happens in that year?

Replicant factory quirk, because Yonah is born to suffer, no, and after NieR.

The DLC doesn't really have a story other than it being Papa Nier's wife/Brother Nier's mother's Black Scrawl-induced fever dreams. It also has some exposition that confirms it as a Drakengard sequel.

Kaine is a herm because the Replicant systems screwed up when making that particular incarnation.

The Replicant Yonah had Black Scrawl because Gestalt Yonah was beginning to relapse.

Automata is more than 10,000 years later I think.

>their ability to consume alcohol

Wasn't the original DevPop able to consume alcohol? I recall Popola used to get drunk and tear apart the tavern sometimes.

Nier once mentioned something along the lines of popola getting a bit too touchy when she got drunk.

That was Devola, Popola would get into fights.

>Iberian Peninsula

As in, literally our Iberian Peninsula?

There's a massive magical city in Spain?

popola cracked a bear open

Doesn't really indicate that the maso ended up there. This is the point in time when dragons and other assorted fantasy world creatures appear in Drakengard's world, alongside the modern day city appearing on top of nega-Madrid, IIRC. Not really related unless Jerusalem is stated to have disappeared alongside the Legion or something.

Don't you think it's a little odd how the androids that made the humans might have also been banging them? Really makes you think what sort of enhancements they might have made to their village's replicants.

>These two drunk idiots were put in charge of the most important region during Project Gestalt

Midgard is just europe upside down

What exactly involves Gestalt Yonah beginning to relapse? Ive never quite understood that bit.

So does this mean this is a big Terminator-style predestination paradox?

>Cathedral City shows up out of nowhere in Midgard's Iberian Peninsula in 865 AD, brining with it the Recorders, Baltus, and the sealed Black Flower
>In 998 AD part of the Black Flower escapes and infects Zero (likely attracted by her hatred of the world
>999-1000 the events of Drakengard 3 play out, Brother One founds the Cult of the Watchers and unwittingly spreads Red Eye, being the last source of the Flower in Midgard now
>1100 AD: Drakengard happens, Watchers are summoned by Manah's death, ends in Caim, Angelus, and the Grotesquerie Queen being sent to Earth on June 12, 2003
>humanity is progressively infected with WCS, discovers magic, and goes Gestalt, leaving androids to run everything
>Technology continues to advance, and contact with the Watchers is somehow made, resulting in the emergence of the Black Flower, which is sealed and somehow sent to Midgard 865.

It's not OUR Iberian peninsula. But the world is geologically identical to ours. It was probably literally ours before the Cataclysm happened.

Some Gestalts began to relapse, despite being supplied with maso from the Shadowlord.

She touched grimoire Noir which started the gestalt process, she couldn't handle it and almost immediately started to relapse. They agreed to put in her stasis and try to find a cure if Nier would become the "original gestalt" and stabilise the other gestalts. There was no possible cure of course, you can't come back from relapsing.

Nah, it had dragons running around in it still, so it wasn't an exact copy of ours.

is there a subbed/ english transcriptof the drama CDs?

I wanna listen to the ones about the Queen Beast and White Chlorination but I can only find summaries

Isn't the canon ending that Yonah dies of the Scrawl, same with NieR?

What happens to Kaine? She dies alone and miserable?

The Drakengard universe deals in alternate timelines. There was likely an original timeline much different to what the current events are like that created the loop.

>Implying our world didn't have dragons

And this all leads to the androids sending Accords through different timelines in a last attempt to unfuck everything.

What's the Fat Lady's deal, lads? Why is she equipped with so much artillery?

In the Mikhail novellas it's mentioned that one day the world became completely different to how it used to be, that dragons suddenly found themselves in a completely different place. It seemed to strongly hint that they only phased into Drakengard's world when the Cataclysm happened.

just summaries, but for the one of the Queen Beast you really don't need to speak Japanese
youtu.be/7Ag3hZuo_s0

user, I wish that Animal Planet documentary about dragons was real, I really do.

Holy shit, that's nightmarish

>the bells from Chapter 13
Freaky as shit

She manages to drag Nier back into existence in ending E after some time going nuts and fucking men who looked like him.
docs.google.com/document/d/1VEIsGCY-qhAteyDzNqiITvCqH0D5seatCOYbfWDd9pU/edit?hl=en

*corpses

The dragons came along with the cataclysm.

Mother of fuck, you weren't kidding. It sounds so much scarier in that context.

>imagine being there
I will cum in seconds

He fights off space aliens. He fucks them up so bad they sort of deify him as a god of war and make their new machines based on his design. Maybe he loses his body in the battle.

Just imagine minding your own business on an ordinary afternoon, then out of nowhere a giant statue thing that dwarfs skyscrapers crashes into the ground, rises up and starts making music as an orbiting red dragon (which you think might be being ridden by someone) plays counterpoint, with church bells playing.

papa nier situation was a move by the dev himself, not a localization thing.

check the grimoire out.

>"Replicant" was almost Cancelled in the process!?
>Yokoo: We somehow made it possible to release both “Replicant” and “Gestalt” at the same time, but there was a time when "Replicant" almost got called off.
>Mr. T: Something like that did happen.
>Yokoo: It took approximately 3 years for development, but during that time we were called to a meeting with America’s Square Enix to give a brief report on the game and its progress. Back then, we planned to release the two games earlier, so we were on a tight schedule. When we realized that during the meeting, those higher ups just reasoned "Can’t we just go with "Gestalt"? We could live with not releasing a special version in Japan, can’t we?" in english. (laughs)
>And what happened after that?
>Yokoo: The producer Satou, who was sitting by my side, just sort of looked at me with a "…what do we do now?" face, and I just stuck to my opinion that I really didn’t want this. (laughs) If we can’t make "Replicant", our development team’s motivation will go down like crazy, and as a result even “Gestalt” will be released later!? Are you okay with that!? Is what I threatened them with.

>Oh Nier? He is so cool! That sparkly silver hair, his strong and cool appearance along with his gentle side……. But if I have to say what I like the most about Nier, it would be the sweet smell that comes from his body when he hugs me tightly! AHHH!!! I accidentally said it out loud! Don’t tell this to anyone!

what did he mean by this?

She's a mobile turret that decided she wanted to become an opera singer.

>people where never really sure of the existence of Caim
this is the real tragedy of that ending

Skeletons might be gay!

That part hits hard. He might've been a murderous revenge-filled psycho, but to be offed in such an inglorious manner really stings.

And Angelus might've been misanthropic, but come on. Does a 10,000 year old dragon really deserve the ignominy of pic related?

It bothers me that her true head is much smaller than every other Living Machine's seen so far. They seemed to care about maintaining the size of that one part across enemy designs otherwise.

>That part hits hard. He might've been a murderous revenge-filled psycho, but to be offed in such an inglorious manner really stings.

Murderous revenge-filled psychos do not deserve glorious ends.

those are some thick corpses
he was in the end, a hero.

youtube.com/watch?v=Iq3_phBQA_Y
>Singing transitions into the boss music
Love when they do stuff like that, it was great in Drakengard 3.

>reading grimoire nier
>Yokoo said they considered depicting the fight between humans and legions if they had another game.
>another game rolls in
>look at image

Neither do pedophiles.

It is pretty funny though, the most controversial character is the only one who got a dignified death.

Is that pic what's left of humanity in Automata?

He wasn't just any murderous revenge-filled psycho though

Taro did a musical stage show with a group by that name. It's connected to Automata.

Someone needs to shop that isis video that got used for the xcom meme with some androids proclaiming the glory of mankind.

The thing is, pedophilia aside, Leonard was genuinely a good person. Meanwhile every other party member is still an all-around bastard/batshit insane even when you don't take their main vice into account.

There's also that there was a kid in the party who was really fond of him and he was really fond of. Heroics come easy when you're motivated.

9S has a boring room, put some posters up or something.

He's in a station filled with thicc android oneesans, user. Would you have time to dedicate some of your subroutines to decoration?

>Those diary entries from leveling her up in the DLC
>She actually was a good ruler who overcame her gluttony for shallow things in order to become knowledgeable and help people.
>Because she realized the only thing that could fill the void in her was love and she felt a yearning for the father's love that the flower memories made up.
>Zero cuts her down just as she finds happiness, then her country and its people suffer greatly for it.

Being Five is suffering.

zero literally did nothing wrong

No Weiss and Rubrum were girls.

Yeah, if he wants something to look at 2B's right there.

how do dragongard 1 and 2 emulate these days

True, doesn't made it isn't a tragic fate for the Intoners to be born to die, forced into adulthood in a year and have they minds and bodies completely fucked by a malevolent being. Kids don't choose their "parents" and some of them made honest and good efforts for their shit lot in life.

Dude, Three and Five should've just switched Disciples if such a thing were possible.

Octa and Five would've just started a free love commune.

I didn't have any problems emulating 1, but I can't get the 2 iso I got emuparadise to open.

Zero didn't do anything wrong, she's still a terrible person. But even then, she still didn't go "fgsfds" when she could have, and went to fix the problem she unwittingly created.

Zero made the disciplines as suppression agents against the entity empowering the intoners. That's why they are all mismatched in some capacity to slow their chosen intoners growth even if they don't realize it at first.

How did Cent hold Two back?

I can see how with Dito and Five, and sort of with Octa/Three and Decadus/Four, but Cent and Two looked like a match made in heaven.

>pair two idiots so one ends crippling a mind breaking the other with a stupid amount of physical strength

Dude
Cent held your entire party back by making you wander around in the middle of nowhere searching for an entire verse for something he plainly bullshitted into existence.
Cent IS derailment. Nothing productive can get done with him around.

A pathological liar paired with a naive girl. He made her dependent on him, and as a result too psychologically dependent on others in general. He was the one who suggested she use her powers to juice up the guards and the orphans, he said that because it would lead to harm, even if he didn't realize that was why he did in the first place. Because of her dependence the shock of losing that makeshift family mind breaks her and she just lets Cent take care of her (even though she's still "there").

I thought Cent's novella proves he really does care about Two, and the idiot thing is just an act.

no, he is really an idiot.
one with heart of gold but still an idiot.

He does care, but on a subconscious level he acts out his purpose without realizing it.

Source? Because it doesn't make sense for One to be left without a disciple, considering she was the most dangerous

> Much of his memory has deteriorated.

Post your face when you realize you will most likely have to put him down.

>implying such a thing is even physically possible

One wasn't absorbed by the Black Flower like the rest of her sisters, so she didn't need one.

It happened in Utahime five, the other four were being held by the black flower which is when Zero made the disciples to suppress them, One was seperate from them at the time.

Everyone wanted Papa Nier's dick.

Except for Yonah. Their relationship was 2 pure 4 u.

I'm going through the DoD 3 DLC, and man Gabriella is a sassy dragon. I love it.

T H I C K
H
I
C
K

You should see all the material before talking about shit: drakengard-3.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=88&pid=2472#top_display_media

and she is also voiced by the same voice of angelus in english

It's a shame she didn't get to stay like this.

>The Sister reflected in the mirror was silent, regarding me with sorrowful eyes, as if about to cry. I know that expression. I’d seen it before. It was the same face she made whenever she was in bed with me. I never understood why she looked so pained while what we were doing made me feel so good. When I asked, she told me it was because it was wrong. That siblings shouldn’t be doing what we were together. But that even knowing that, she couldn’t stop herself. Her voice was so sad. I didn’t understand. If it’s wrong for siblings to do it together, then does that mean it’s okay for strangers to? That seems much wronger to me. When I told her that, she looked at a loss for words for a moment before making such a gentle expression it made my heart skip a beat.

>"Yes… then it’s all right, if it’s with you…"

Twincest is purest love.

Yep, that's a pussy.

This is still my favorite part of the manga

It's more like selfcest, he's literally just her with a dick.

I'll take one, please.

Oh.

Oh no.

Oh yes

So... what is the most dangerous entity/force/phenomena in NieR and Drakenguard canon?

Other than Caim.

The Watchers.

Yoko Taro.

Which one?

How much do you want to bet that the Commander is actually a human?

How much for the first one?

Is 9S the only boy on the station?

she is a man

Po/ss/ibly.

2Billion.

The life and death drives.

>All those beautiful women will never walk over me
END ME

I... I will find a way.

I was wondering about that.

During a recent gameplay demo presented, I noticed the theme used for combat against the robots ,that bear Emil's aesthetic, was Emil's theme remixed.

I wonder does that imply something given how Drakengard seems to not to have an issue with having you fight the protagonist of other installments in the series.

Maybe not. His Gestalt was able to become the Shadowlord through anger, so he might have something to do with the new game.

Actually, one of the drama CDs explains it better. Her original self (the one that was scanned in to form the basis of her replicant data) was a black project to create a Legion-murdering supersoldier with insane combat prowess, both physical and magical. They spliced together the best of the best of the soldiers who had previously fought Legion abroad (the human who was the basis for the replicant of Kaine's grandmother was one of them).

So she was a genetic chimera, and the replicant process was already touchy and prone to error seeing as how it eventually a developed a problem with code degeneration (black scrawl). So anyways that's probably part of the reason why Kaine has a dick, her genetics are a mess and it mixed up some stuff when generating this newest replicant of her.

I've always liked these themes the best:

youtube.com/watch?v=LLSmHwihXrg

youtube.com/watch?v=1SgvPqL2dSs

youtube.com/watch?v=O3JStwa6JDY

youtube.com/watch?v=2ae_nXaeLj4

Though after the Grotesquerie Queen, I have to wonder if the music in Chapter 12 is just the singing of the other Grotesqueries.

>Emil keeps copying himself over thousands of years
>His memory deteriorates
>Starts to forgot why he started
>Just keeps doing it, his basic survival instincts are all that are really keeping him going now

I can see something like this happening.

>forgets how humans looked like

>12 - On The Ground
I love it.

Poor bby Emil.

Iron Pipe.

>mfw beating the shit out of Shadowlord with his own weapon

I've had nightmares with Twelfth Chapter music playing it.

>mfw final boss is robot nier

Taro pls.

>his copies are the bio machines
>he has no memory of doing it or why he did
>this explains why they look nothing like the ayys in yorha
>youve been killing parts of emil the whole game

just figured out the plot desu

Why do you hurt me so?

Well, it's good music for when "all order and reasoning break down in the world" and "grotesque monsters descend".

Also worth mentioning the levels sky box is kind of wonky as you have Grotesqueries that appear to be massive hanging in the sky. Started creeping me out when I saw that.

That and the absence of any Imperial presence at all, whether it be Human, Monster, Evil Spirit, etc. Have to wonder if they all bolted the second things started getting weirder than usual or if they stuck around long enough to meet the servants of their "Gods" in person.

>The aliens gave up and retreated long, long ago
>Everyone's been fighting over nothing

Considering the queen beast got pulled into their dimension it's no stretch to think the Watchers may be able to freely travel there as well.

Accords can travel them at will too so maybe their dimension hopping shenanigans are inadvertently 'showing them the way' to other dimensions filled with humans to genocide.

I wouldn't be surprised. Hell, that would be pretty interesting in a way.

So the majority, if not all, of the bullshit in Drakenguard is because the Gods consider Humanity a failure, and want them wiped out. Is there anything that wasn't from them? Something outside of them, that just came in with no one knowing what the fuck was happening?

Considering that the imperial soldiers were red eye infectees to the last man, they probably didn't even process the thought of running away from their masters.