Are there any RPGs that made status spells like poison, sleep, ect. worth using?

Are there any RPGs that made status spells like poison, sleep, ect. worth using?

A lot of megaten games. In Final Fantasy the only ones I can think of are the 13 games.

7th Dragon is good about this. Hell, you can paralyze-lock the strongest boss in the game.

Most D&D-based RPGs.

Especially at lower levels when a single Sleep spell can basically give you a free win. Also stuff like Web, Grease, Color Spray, etc is genuinely much more effective than just casting Magic Missile or Acid Arrow every turn.

Pokemon

had some witch in tactics ogre who enchanted characters like everytime I cast it.

I liked the followers in Ar tonelico 2 that put insta death on your regular attacks, that count?

FFTA, even without the law system giving you extra rewards for doing it sometimes. Everything has a much higher chance to actually do something compared to normal FFT so it's not like you're hesitant about using them because there's a high chance nothing useful will happen.

Most SMT games.

7th dragon III has a whole class that revolves around them (and a lot of others that use them heavily).

Dragon Quest games to an extent. Status conditions like buffs and debuffs are effectively mandatory in all games and other status conditions viability changes game to game and boss to boss. Bonus points for having them be very viable against regular enemies in a lot of games though, something not a lot of series do.

Xenoblade Chronicles
Etrian Odyssey games

FF 5
A bard song charms enemies on screen into attacking other monsters, doesn't cost MP, and it has a very high success rate. On a large group, typically half or more will turn against the others.
Omega is a very strong (by FF standards) boss, yet is stopped for a while by another bard song (again, no MP cost).
Other bosses can be silenced or berserk'd to prevent them from casting spells, or turned into frogs, after which they'll use their turn to morph back.
Lv.5 Death works on bosses, as well; some even have levels that are mutliple of 5 to start with.
Summoned Odin will often kill all enemies in one fell swoop, or else inflicts damage anyway. Or you can cast return/use a Wonder Wand and try again.

Shin Megoomi Tensay.

Bard carried me through the entire midgame
The Charm and Stop songs were comically broken, and I never used the class again after 1 playthrough

Overwatch
League of Legends
Skullgirls

And these aren't even RPGs. Status effects in traditional RPGs are mostly worthless. Barely do anything and only last one or two turns, might as well max out your DPS instead of wasting a turn on one of those spells, especially if those spells have a low chance of applying the status effect. Sometimes you don't even do damage and if you miss then you wasted a turn.

Etrian Odyssey

That's some artisinal bait right there.

SMT is status effect king.

More contemporary games would be Lisa and South Park: Stick of Truth

Atelier series.
In Sophie, there's even a mechanic that lets you drain attack, defense, and speed stats from the enemies (including bosses).
But then again, it's pretty effortless to stack additional effects on enemies because all you need to do is to synthesize the items that stack effects like crazy.

Etrian Odyssey games, to add to the list

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart aka the only good game in the nepshit franchise.

You're welcome.

Pretty much every boss is resistant to all statuses.

Pokemon

Wizardry