So nobody is buying this insulting piece of shit right?

So nobody is buying this insulting piece of shit right?

I just watched the gameplay video they put out and it is LITERALLY just using the corpse of MGS5 and trying to charge 60 bucks for a shitty rehash

How can Konami be so out of touch with their fans? Its legitimately baffling.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n_PU3Q-glNg
polygon.com/2013/2/20/4008206/kojima-on-metal-gear-rising-i-didnt-think-wed-have-it-go-this-well
kotaku.com/5288991/metal-gear-creator-didnt-plan-to-be-involved-in-new-metal-gear-games
ign.com/articles/2011/12/15/what-went-wrong-with-metal-gear-solid-rising
youtube.com/watch?v=O2I8mFyGbFo
youtube.com/watch?v=uDpfCTzNIQc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Day 1

Day 1

>So nobody is buying this insulting piece of shit right?
>P-p-please validate my opinions?!?

Don't worry, nobody is.

The only ones defending it are angry Konami shills.

There's not a single reason to buy this crap.

>Konami shills
Literally don't exist.

The only people """"DEFENDING"""" it are the people who enjoy pissing off Kojimadrones

Everyone who doesn't preorder this game is a Kojimadrone.

It's not $60 you dumb cunt, it's $30. If you're going to make threads like this at least get your shit straight. And we knew from the beginning that it would use MGSV as the base, it's not at all shocking. And yeah I'll try it, dunno about day 1 though.

I preordered 100 copied

>All the tech from MGSV
>Without Kojima directing a shitty half finished story with vocal cord parasites and grinding before you can do missions, just pure online

DAY FUCKING ONE SON

It should be $2 considering the only new elements are the bow, the machete and the spear, and those were poorly animated.

I find it funny that the ones shitting on Kojima are also the ones saying that the game is good because it has MGSV gameplay.

Basically you are admitting that MG Survive's only good element is something Kojima made.

It's using MGSV as a base in the same way Snake Eater used MGS2 as a base, or the way MGSV used PW as a base - it's just going in a more spin off direction

Literally no one is buying this. The people who are saying they are, are just trying to piss kojimadrones off.

>not the first post by this IP

The spear looks mildly fun but the bow and machete look kind of boring. IIRC they said it was gonna be class based so I'm going for the spear one or the sneaky shotgun one.

>Kojima made
>Something an idea guy made
Kojima was too busy doing mocap and Joostan to "make" anything. This was made by the talented people at KojiPro (most of which didn't follow him to his new studio, btw)

>How can Konami be so out of touch with their fans?
they aren't
like it or not, MGS5 was loaded with microtransactions.
Everyone bitched about it, but it sold millions. Same with this game, because "gamers" are retarded and never learn

Then how come MGSV had such great gameplay and animations, and the new animations made for MG Survive are so bad?

Kojima might not have made it, but he supervised it and told them what to do, whoever is leading this team clearly doesn't give a fuck.

>This was made by the talented people at KojiPro
Talented?
You mean the ones that Kojima left alone to make Metal Gear Solid Rising, and made such a clusterfuck that it had to be cancelled and was given to Platinum Games?

>Then how come MGSV had such great gameplay and animations, and the new animations made for MG Survive are so bad?
Because animations was literally all he did? Fucking retard.
>You mean the ones that Kojima left alone to make Metal Gear Solid Rising
Yeah, and they failed by following stupid instructions from Kojima himself
>I want a game where you can cut anything!
>Okay
>But I also want it to be stealthy
>...okay
>But everyone should die in one hit!
>Pls go Mr Kojima

>talented people at KojiPro
My fucking sides, those hacks have no idea what they are doing.

The people who left was the creative side of Kojipro, so without that, you just have a bunch of programmers with no direction.

youtube.com/watch?v=n_PU3Q-glNg

Skip to 5:20. It's fucking awful

>and the new animations made for MG Survive are so bad?
They all look fine, and the MGSV animations aren't as good as you are hyping them as. Look at the reload animation, it's like it was made for 30fps and sped up to 60fps.

>Because animations was literally all he did? Fucking retard.
No, obviously he made more things.
What's your point?

>Yeah, and they failed by following stupid instructions from Kojima himself
If they are so talented, how come they failed so hard when Platinum made such a great game?

Literally what is wrong with that?

>They all look fine
Not at all, they look fucking awful.

>>Because animations was literally all he did? Fucking retard.
>No, obviously he made more things.
Look at every development picture from 2013-2015. Kojima literally did the mo-cap and the awful story. It's painfully clear.
>>Yeah, and they failed by following stupid instructions from Kojima himself
>If they are so talented, how come they failed so hard when Platinum made such a great game?
Because PlatinumGames didn't make the game Kojima wanted, ie, a fucking stealth game as an overpowered Ninja that can one shot everything, they made an action game you retard.

>LE FULTON GOAT MEME
They made it an actual strategy

And? What's your point? MGS has always been about creative ways to get your objective accomplished, are you complaining about the game giving you more options? How fucking pathetic

>MGR
>great
Shit's 4 hours long, has the most retarded metal gear story and is extremely repetitive. By far one of Platinum's weakest.

still waiting for MG3 and 4 ports plus MG5 so no I don't fucking care about another Peace Walker

>Look at every development picture from 2013-2015. Kojima literally did the mo-cap and the awful story. It's painfully clear.
And he ensured the gameplay felt smooth by directing all the studio.
That's what a director does.

>Because PlatinumGames didn't make the game Kojima wanted
Why would Kojima give Platinum the game when Platinum is basically the designated studio to make hack and slash games?

Not to mention that Kojima was a producer of MGR, so what's the difference betwee his work in MGR and MGS:R?

>more force made when putting the foot back in the ground than in the kick

When a game starts embracing memes and putting them in your games, you know they're desperate.
>more options
We got a throwable lure, we also got a lure that's set in place. WOW MUCH OPTIONS DUDE

So, Kojipro is now braindead?
Why does MG Survive look so bad?
It's 99% reused assets, and the 1% new looks terrible.

If this is what they can do alone, might as well just close old Kojipro.

Metal gear SURFFIFE

>>Look at every development picture from 2013-2015. Kojima literally did the mo-cap and the awful story. It's painfully clear.
>And he ensured the gameplay felt smooth by directing all the studio.
>That's what a director does.
Literally untrue. Kojima clearly didn't do shit with MGSV
>>Because PlatinumGames didn't make the game Kojima wanted
>Why would Kojima give Platinum the game when Platinum is basically the designated studio to make hack and slash games?
>Not to mention that Kojima was a producer of MGR, so what's the difference betwee his work in MGR and MGS:R?
polygon.com/2013/2/20/4008206/kojima-on-metal-gear-rising-i-didnt-think-wed-have-it-go-this-well
>KojiPro retained all control over MGR's story and cutscenes, but otherwise left most of the game itself in Platinum's hands

>Out of touch

This implies they actually want to be in touch with the metal gear audience.

Well, didn't Kojima himself realize, that the Game he wanted to create didn't work out, and therefor outsource it to Platinum Games?
Appearently he must've been okay with the game that ended up

It's as if they made a mechanic in Mankind Divided where Adam Jensen spouted ''I DIDN'T ASK FOR THIS'' everytime you triggered it.

>Literally untrue. Kojima clearly didn't do shit with MGSV
Source?

>>KojiPro retained all control over MGR's story and cutscenes, but otherwise left most of the game itself in Platinum's hands
So, what he did with KojiPro with MGS:R?

Konami dosent give enough of a fuck about video games anymore to hire shills. They are just milking what they can and will probably exit the home video game market entirely in a few years.

People bought WoW-Legion, they will buy this shit with pleasure.

The difference is that WoW has a fanbase that desperately looks forward to seeing WoW saved.

Everyone is laughing at MG Survive.

A MEME created in a video promoting MGSV you retard, fucking hell.

>Why does MG Survive look so bad?
Early footage
>It's 99% reused assets, and the 1% new looks terrible.
As did MGS3 reuse assets from 2, no problem there. Stop judging a game on 15 minutes of initial footage, it's pathetic .

Yeah this people wanted legion nobody asked for this game.

kneejerk post, if someone else in the thread already said what I'm about to:

Why do you need the approval of strangers on the internet who sorta share the same hobby? Why do you need to know if the few Cred Forums poster that will visit this thread are gonna buy or or not? Vote with your wallet. Your own. Stir up normies and boycott it if you really want to make a difference, although it seems unlikely. The vast majority of people who'll buy this are Metal Gear fans that want to play MGS no matter what.

I played Acid2, it was ok. Portable Ops was my introduction to the series, I'll always remember it fondly. There are user that unironically love Ghost Babel and Snake's Revenvge, not directed by Kojima. It's possible that normies might buy this because of
>muh zombies
but again, if they do it'll be on the mgs name only.

tl;dr don't worry about it. either it's a cash grab to fund the next mgs or it's the dying throes and the metal gear IP will be buried like so many others.

How is Kojimbo getting away with pretending there weren't literal zombies in MGS4 and MGSV?

>So, what he did with KojiPro with MGS:R?
Are you a retard? Kojima told KojiPro to make a certain kind of game, whereas he let PlatinumGames make whatever they wanted as long as they followed his story.

Fucking hell what a moron, that was IN the fucking source you prick.

>It's as if they made a mechanic in Mankind Divided where Adam Jensen spouted ''I DIDN'T ASK FOR THIS'' everytime you triggered it.
Not even remotely comparable. This is a mechanic based on a pre-existing mechanic, just furthering the use for it.

>Well, didn't Kojima himself realize, that the Game he wanted to create didn't work out, and therefor outsource it to Platinum Games?
That's WHY he outsourced it and let them do whatever they wanted with the gameplay. They didn't create MGS:Rising, they created MGRising based on a story Kojima wrote.

Kojimadrones are getting fucking mad, jesus

>Early footage
Of a game coming out next year.
MGSV had those polished animations back in 2013.

>As did MGS3 reuse assets from 2, no problem there.
MGS3 was an actual MGS, it had a story, a great one, it was a military stealth game.

And no, MGS3 is built on new assets.
I don't remember very good seeing any jungles in MGS2.

>Stop judging a game on 15 minutes of initial footage
Thing is, that's all there is to this scam.
It's a dumb zombie game for the Call of Duty audience.

Snake Eater runs on a completely different engine from 2. The only thing carried over are a handful of animations for falling, peaking, reloading, etc.

Because "muh parasites"

Yeah well, WoW fanbase doesn't learn. It's the same with MGS fanbase. No difference really.

Because they weren't zombies you retard.

>>Early footage
>Of a game coming out next year.
>MGSV had those polished animations back in 2013.
No, it didn't. It had a premade trailer while they attempted to recreate it in game.
>>As did MGS3 reuse assets from 2, no problem there.
>MGS3 was an actual MGS, it had a story, a great one, it was a military stealth game.
And it still used MGS2 as a base
>And no, MGS3 is built on new assets.
It uses the same fucking models, animations and likely code
>>Stop judging a game on 15 minutes of initial footage
>Thing is, that's all there is to this scam.
MGSV WAS a fuckign scam
>It's a dumb zombie game for the Call of Duty audience.
Mhu CoD

The problem with MG Survive is that it's just zombies, that's all, there's nothing more to them, zombies because zombies are now a fad.

In MGS you had a guy that looked like a vampire but was actually just a normal dude using nanomachines, a kid driving a Metal Gear, Psycho Mantis reading your fucking game data, a guy getting posessed by an arm, cyborg ninjas...
And now it's just... zombies?
The ones we've seen countless of times in videogames and movies and TV shows?

It's a boring concept and way too normal for MGS standards.

I can't tell who's trolling who anymore. You're all sad as fuck 2bh, maybe the Kojima-Drones moreso for coming in to the thread in the first place

I was initially interested in more MGSV gameplay, but that has passed.

Oh look, the guy fighting against Kojima and defending the fucking scam that MG Survive is, how weird.

MG Survive is a boring, generic cashgrab and it's going to flop, deal with it.

>In MGS you had a guy that looked like a vampire but was actually just a normal dude using nanomachines, a kid driving a Metal Gear, Psycho Mantis reading your fucking game data, a guy getting posessed by an arm, cyborg ninjas...
You seen all of this from a gameplay trailer for the last games, did you?

The concept of PW/MGSV itself was shit but those games turned out. MGSV was too fucking normie with its base building and grinding.

The animations that weren't ripped out do look pretty damn awful. This is coming from someone who is not a metal gear fan so this is as much of an unbiased opinion as you're going to get.

Here are the examples:
Those who are going to buy this game are the ones killing this industry by supporting rehashed shite. Konami should have made a real metal gear game instead. But judging by what we have been shown of Survive.. they simply the knowledge, lack the creative integrity and talent to do so.

Metal Gear Survive is the final nail in the coffin of this great series.

>No, it didn't. It had a premade trailer while they attempted to recreate it in game.
So?
Those are not MGS2 assets, they had to be made from scratch.

>And it still used MGS2 as a base
For the controls, everything else is made of completely new assets.

>MGSV WAS a fuckign scam
And MG Survive is a bigger one.

>Mhu CoD
Oh so not only you are going to defend MG Survive, you also defend fucking Cowadooty?

These are the autists defending this rightfully bashed crap?

>Defending MG Survive

Nope, just pointing out the hypocrisy among you retards.

Deal with it.

>Zombies are now a fad

Zombies have been a fad for years, including when Kojima added them to MGS4 and V.

>>No, it didn't. It had a premade trailer while they attempted to recreate it in game.
>So?
So the finished animations weren't fucking there you retard, holy fuck
>Those are not MGS2 assets, they had to be made from scratch.
>>And it still used MGS2 as a base
>For the controls, everything else is made of completely new assets.
Absolutely untrue
>>MGSV WAS a fuckign scam
>And MG Survive is a bigger one.
We'll see
>>Mhu CoD
>Oh so not only you are going to defend MG Survive, you also defend fucking Cowadooty?
Where did I defend Survive OR CoD? I'm pointing out your stupid fucking comparisons. You can't argue your point so you point to another game that is nothing to do with the discussion. I don't have to defend CoD because it's nothing to do with the discussion. You're fucking pathetic.

The difference is that Kojima made them for MGSV as grunts for boss fights, and even then, they weren't just regular zombies, they were puppets controlled by the Skulls, which returned to normal after the Skulls fucked off.

The ones in MG Survive are just zombies, the ones you find in Walking Dead, in that co-op Call of Duty mode, in Dying Light, in Dead Island, in Dead Rising.

And what zombies where in MGS4?

Underage retard's opinion discarded

I'll be the first to point out that I might just be trying to rationalize something you don't like.

I didn't think it was a meme when I saw it first, I was more concerned with the fulton not going anywhere. Then I remembered that even though it's retarded the balloon doesn't keep rising if it could pick the sheep of the ground, there are no helicopters or planes to pick up the extracted sheep anyway. The only use for the balloon fulton now is for bait or immobilization. The wormhole fulton is what they use for everything else.

maybe extracting the sheep gives you mats or food. maybe they'll reuse the zoo idea again.

>The ones in MG Survive are just zombies
Where in the trailer does it state there's no story reason for the zombies as they are..? There clearly is given the spike things in their heads you moron

Keyword truly is "Insulting"

Far too early to do a new MG game after what happened with Kojima etc. Although if they recreated previous Metal Gear's with the Fox Engine then maybe it wouldn't have created such a shitstorm.

>So the finished animations weren't fucking there you retard, holy fuck

And the animations were made afterwards.
Your point?

>Absolutely untrue
Where have you seen the MGS3 assets in MGS2?

>We'll see
There's nothing to see, that gameplay is all there is to this game.
Konami simply doesn't know how to make good videogames.

>mindless swarming humanoid enemies who wander around groaning, and attack by charging you and biting your face
>not zombies
Jesus, Kojima fanboys are delusional.

>Where in the trailer does it state there's no story reason for the zombies as they are..? There clearly is given the spike things in their heads you moron
Yes, they are in a diferent dimension full of generic zombies.

>>So the finished animations weren't fucking there you retard, holy fuck
>And the animations were made afterwards.
And they WEREN'T there in the initial gameplay trailer, which is what Survive is running on just now - one gameplay trailer
>Your point?
Are you a retard?
>>Absolutely untrue
>Where have you seen the MGS3 assets in MGS2?
It uses the same fucking models, controls, code, and animations. Literally recycled
>>We'll see
>There's nothing to see, that gameplay is all there is to this game.
Yeah, because we got every piece of gameplay available in MGS4/5 with its initial gameplay trailer you delusional fuck

>premade trailer
You are saying the 2013 gameplay was CGI?

Never, ever have they been the main focus of a metal gear game. Not until now.

>>premade trailer
>You are saying the 2013 gameplay was CGI?
Premade =/= CGI.

Look up Colonial Marines - same situation. A "gameplay" trailer made specifically to detail what the finished project will look like. It's not standard animations/weather cycles/guard patrols, everything was programmed specifically to look like that. If anything it was a proof of concept you retard.

>which is what Survive is running on just now - one gameplay trailer
And the game is coming out in the matter of months.
Considering the animations still look horrible, and that this is Konami, they won't fix them.

>It uses the same fucking models, controls, code, and animations. Literally recycled
What models?
>controls
Yes, but that's it.
>code
What?
>and animations
Not true, Naked Snake's animations are completely different from the ones in MGS2, both from Raiden and Snake.

>>It uses the same fucking models, controls, code, and animations. Literally recycled
>What models?
Guards, Snake, boxes, buildings, several guns, etc, all the same model with new textures pasted over them, and painfully so
>>controls
>Yes, but that's it.
Nope.
>>code
>What?
The underlying code of the game you moron
>>and animations
>Not true, Naked Snake's animations are completely different from the ones in MGS2, both from Raiden and Snake.
They're tweaked versions of Snakes animations, if you can't see that you're a retard

So, you mean it wasn't downgraded.

>everything was programmed specifically to look like that
How do you exactly do that with animations?
With graphics and patrols I understand, but how do you make pre-scripted animations?

>Guards, Snake, boxes, buildings, several guns
Specify, because even the boxes were smaller in MGS3.

>The underlying code of the game you moron
Could you compare this code?

>They're tweaked versions of Snakes animations
How do you tweak a flying kick into a combo of two punches and a low kick?

With mocap, with new animations.
New assets.

Dude stop embarrassing yourself and fuck off already.

Wanna buy Survive? Go right ahead.

A fool parts with his money as always.

>m-muh Konami boogeyman

What happens to you fags when Death Stranding is released and is a train wreck..? Does it become Sony's fault?

MGSV's gameplay was good, very fun game, put 500 hours on it, so i'm looking forward for another game with that kind of high quality gameplay.

>>Guards, Snake, boxes, buildings, several guns
>Specify, because even the boxes were smaller in MGS3.
Specify what? They're the same models you retard
>>They're tweaked versions of Snakes animations
>How do you tweak a flying kick into a combo of two punches and a low kick?
I didn't realise Snakes animations amounted to a single animation.

>Hate the creator of a video game
>Love the franchise

How can you guys be this fucking retarded? Do you hate your mom and love her cooking heartlessly?

>They're the same models you retard
No, they are not.

>I didn't realise Snakes animations amounted to a single animation.
What animations do Naked Snake, Solid Snake and Raiden share?

>Kojima is now with a company that isn't scummy like Konami
There's little chance Death Stranding will turn up bad.

>trying to charge 60 bucks
It is shit and made entirely from reused assets but this is false, they're sling it for 40

>The vast majority of people who'll buy this are Metal Gear fans that want to

Funny. So, "Kojimadrones" will not play an MGS game without Kojima.

Yet there's Metal Gear drones who will play anything with the MGS name slapped onto it. Who's the bigger fucking drone here?

Can't be worse than MGS345

>Specify, because even the boxes were smaller in MGS3.
>boxes
>Models can't scale
State of Kojima-drones

>>They're the same models you retard
>No, they are not.
Yes, they obviously are the same models with new textures you retard
>>I didn't realise Snakes animations amounted to a single animation.
>What animations do Naked Snake, Solid Snake and Raiden share?
Naked Snake shares Snakes walking, running, crouching, lying down, FPS animations, and countless others. Guards share the same animations from MGS2, almost to a tee.

The only game Kojima has made with no redeeming qualities is Peace Walker, and even then, that was a handheld game.

Even MGSV was entertaining as a PMC and operator simulator, so DS will probably be fun.

Yeah but what IF Death Stranding is bad? Then what? Will you people FINALLY acknowledge that Kojima is the problem?

Konami isn't the reason that MGSV contained little to no story, bland environments, trivial copy/paste level design, shit soundtrack, shit sound design (especially with character VA), grinding, trivial online aspects, and no boss fights.

>State of Kojima-drones
They are different, the texture, the size.
Therefor, it's a new model.

>Naked Snake shares Snakes walking
Not at all, when Snake holds a pistol, he has his gun aimed down, Naked Snake runs without aiming with one gun in one hand, the knife in the other.

>boxes in 2 and 3 are the same
how do you go from this

>Yeah but what IF Death Stranding is bad? Then what? Will you people FINALLY acknowledge that Kojima is the problem?
Sure.

But let's wait for Death Stranding.

>They are different, the texture, the size.
>Therefor, it's a new model.
Models =/= textures, and models scale, retard. Holy fuck the STATE of Kojima-drones
>>Naked Snake shares Snakes walking
>Not at all, when Snake holds a pistol, he has his gun aimed down, Naked Snake runs without aiming with one gun in one hand, the knife in the other.
NS's running animation is just Snakes running animation when he isn't holding any weapons. How can you NOT fucking see this?

>Literally untrue. Kojima clearly didn't do shit with MGSV

He milked the fuck out of Konami to try to make it the biggest game. Lurk harder.

TO THIS

If it was a DayZ style game then I would probably buy it.
It looks fun for a minute but that's about it.

You scale the model down and re-texture it. Even Snakes animation while using a box is the same

>Are you a retard? Kojima told KojiPro to make a certain kind of game, whereas he let PlatinumGames make whatever they wanted as long as they followed his story.

This mother fucker gets it. Kojima was a creative director. He wasn't just letting people running the fucking game down.

>lurk harder
As if there was anything of value to see in Cred Forums

>You scale the model down and re-texture it
What's the difference between that and making a new model from scratch?

When Survive comes out, Kojidrones will forget and excuse everything about MGSV, just like how they did with MGS4, fucking idiots.

Tell me the things that are the same from those 2 pictures i posted.

>Are you a retard? Kojima told KojiPro to make a certain kind of game, whereas he let PlatinumGames make whatever they wanted as long as they followed his story.
This.

Making a game like Kojima wanted (some kind of slicing simulator with a complex physics engine, where you're also forced to be stealthy, yet enemies are trivial) is fucking retarded.

MGR:R came out the best it could be BECAUSE Kojima just fucked off after dropping a script.

>This mother fucker gets it. Kojima was a creative director. He wasn't just letting people running the fucking game down.
Source?

Keep up kid

The fuck are you talking about?

And the source regarding Kojima's involvement and what he told to Kojipro to make MGS:R?

Day 3.

A model isn't a texture, christ. Creating a new model takes time, scaling a model takes minutes.
Literally everything except the flaps..? Are you blind?

I'm not trying to be rude but try Google. I'm too fucking lazy to search it up for you.

But anyway, he used millions of dollars, and Kojima and his team had a deadline. There were a ton of features left out because of this reason, and the other reason why Konami kicked his ass out of development at Konami

never said I wasn't a drone, friend. I am saying that you don't need the approval of Cred Forums to make decisions. I'm not the user who started the Kojimadrone argument, btw. I like the mgs world and want to play as much of it as i can. Kojima's cool. Some point to Zone of the Enders or Policenauts, but my first non mgs Koji game was Boktai.

Don't buy it if you don't want it. I was surprised this was even announced, and like Cred Forums seems fond of saying, Konami will probably get out of the video game market altogether soon and drag the metal gear ip (down, up, out?) with them.

It's called the Zelda cycle, every fanbase in here does it.

Both.

So it is different? Gotcha.

No, Konami kicked him out because he took a lot of time making videogames, when what they want is money, and quick.

If they cared about the quality of their games, MG Survive wouldn't exist.

Are you completely incapable of doing anything yourself..?

kotaku.com/5288991/metal-gear-creator-didnt-plan-to-be-involved-in-new-metal-gear-games

No, I want to buy it.

It's a re-used model scaled back. Idiot.

By that merit, everything in MGSurvive is "different" because the models are retexturised, the animations slightly altered, and the entire map contains a fog at all times.

The fucking STATE of Kojima drones, I swear.

>No, Konami kicked him out because he took a lot of time making videogames,

Yes, I know. But Konami had trust in Kojima at the time. They didn't think he would spend so much money. The more money he spent the longer it took because he was trying to implement so much features.

That's weird.

>''Hideo Kojima, creator of Metal Gear Solid, left his team at Kojima Productions to its own devices when working on Rising. It was an action game unlike anything he'd ever worked on, so the big decisions fell on his 200-strong team of young developers. He thought minimal involvement with the game would give an inexperienced group an opportunity to grow.''

>''In hindsight, Kojima says, he should have stepped in and started calling some shots. After all, nobody else was. Rising encountered numerous issues during its long and strenuous development period. By the time he came to terms with the mess he had on his hands, Kojima canceled Metal Gear Solid: Rising. ''

mgs V was the final nail in the coffin, it made me fond of 4, at least that was a finished product. Kojima is as much to blame as Konami are.

>Creator was actually mostly influenced by other people who helped shaped the franchise
>When those people left, it was just the creator and their own ideas were awful and ruined the series

Sound similar?

>No, Konami kicked him out because he took a lot of time making videogames, when what they want is money, and quick.
Source

>different texture
>different size
>the flaps
>the hole
>NAH IT'S THE SAME GUYS FUCKING KOJIMADRONES I SWEAR

>They didn't think he would spend so much money.
Considering they only gave him 80 million for a Triple A open world game and make a new engine that should work with any kind of genre, they should have thought better.

Fucking Bioshock Infinite costed 150 million, and that game worked on an existing engine, and was a linear shooter.

>Cherry picking

>Kojima was also dragged into home console title Metal Gear Solid: Rising as well, because "it's a completely different kind of action than what has appeared in the series so far". The MGS creator adds, "I'll be working more deeply on the project then a normal producer."

I've seen the GDD
It's gonna be bad

Everyone who refers to videogames as ''products'' are pedantic fucks who should be shot in the head.

But George Lucas was never a co-writer like Kojima. George Lucas actually wrote all the scripts for Star Wars. Look it up.

>>different texture
Do you know what a model is..?
>>different size
Models scale, retard

So, it's your word against mine.

Nice Bruce Willis face.

>Shit soundtrack

Kill yourself

No, it's you BTFO because you had to omit that Kojima had left the team with instructions from a producer, retard.

What are you talking about?
Lucas wrote everything about Star Wars, the reason why the Prequels sucked is because instead of just writing, he was a director, and Lucas had no idea of how to direct a movie.

But it is different though. They did a good enough job to differntiate the 2 boxes from the games.
Only an autists looks at this and goes ''yeah this bothers me''

GZ had a great soundtrack.

TPP completely phoned it in and didn't even have Harry Gregson-Williams in a leading role

But my link says otherwise.

>'''Hideo Kojima, creator of Metal Gear Solid, left his team at Kojima Productions to its own devices when working on Rising''

>''He thought minimal involvement with the game would give an inexperienced group an opportunity to grow.''

Aw what the hell, this game has healing items and body part based damage, why the fuck wasn't that in MGSV?

Since you purposely omitted data that didn't fit your preconceived notions, you're the one looking retarded here.

It's besides the point, and it doesn't bother me. Some retard came in and argued that MGS3 doesn't use MGS2 models, which it so obviously and inexplicably does. I couldn't give a fucking about companies reusing assets - they fucking created them.

>GZ had a great soundtrack.
The fuck are you talking about, the composer for both GZ and TPP is Ludvig Forsell, and Henry Gregson-Williams was producer for both too.

I am sure all the people buying this garbage will be as pleased as they were with MGO3 :^)

That what they are you kojima dick sucker.

And look at the bottom of the link I provided, ie, the information you omitted because you knew it'd burn you the fuck out

>omit data
No, what's happening is that my link directly contradicts the other one.

Look at the information in the link I provided.

>'''Hideo Kojima, creator of Metal Gear Solid, left his team at Kojima Productions to its own devices when working on Rising''

>''He thought minimal involvement with the game would give an inexperienced group an opportunity to grow.''

It directly contradicts yours, and mine is from 2011, while yours is from 2009.

>kojima dick sucker.

Here we have a faggot who will eat up anything out of Konami's buttcrack with the name "Metal Gear Solid" slapped onto it. :^)

>and it doesn't bother me.
>spends and hour discussing it

Since /mgg/ is dead I just wanted to share some TECHNOLOGY i saw in PP earlier.

If crawling through bushes/reeds Snake will lowers his head to stop them brushing against his face

Nobody questioned Lucas during the prequels or gave him any kind of feedback about ideas he had that were awful, and as a result the prequels were terrible. Nobody questioned Kojima during MGS4 or V or gave him any kind of feedback about ideas he had that were awful, because Fukushima was dead, and as a result 4 and V were terrible.

>i'm a kojima dick sucker because I don't like autists who speak like guys in suits

Actually you are a bigger dick sucker considering you unironically said something good about MGS4.

MGS4, PW and MGSV are 3 of the worst videogames i've ever played and I think they should have flopped hard.
They have ZERO redeeming values.

Harry Gregson-Williams wasn't as involved in TPP as he was in GZ, and it's plain to see. He composed parts of GZ but didn't compose anything in TPP, acting only as an executive producer

Wait, $60? i thought it was just some dlc for phantom pain

>let me project my insecurities unto other people

Not surprising given that's all you've been posting. Take that 4 inch nip dick out of your mouth for a moment and realise your beloved dev can occasionally fuck up at times.

>Nobody questioned Lucas during the prequels
Neither they did during the original trilogy.
A New Hope was written only by Lucas, and directed by Lucas himself.

>Someone states something that is outright wrong
>Not allowed to prove them wrong
Whatever kid

What's so normie about base building?
It was in since Peace Walker and it didn't make the game less fun. Unlike FO4....

>It directly contradicts yours, and mine is from 2011, while yours is from 2009.
So my link was during development while Kojima had actively given instruction to his team (leading to my point proven) and yours is long after he realised the plan he gave them wasn't working and had to try and salvage it?

Your point?

>Nobody questioned Lucas during the prequels or gave him any kind of feedback about ideas he had that were awful, and as a result the prequels were terrible.

I never believe people who critizise the prequels. Just a bunch of nostalgia babies who wanted the same film but with a different skin. Look at the Force Awakens. Same fucking film, a new Hope 2.0. That's all what Star Wars fans want. Prequel was too different from the OT and that's why so many people shat on it. Besides, every opinion is always the same from Prequel haters.

> Nobody questioned Kojima during MGS4 or V or gave him any kind of feedback about ideas he had that were awful, because Fukushima was dead, and as a result 4 and V were terrible.

To be fair someoe was threatening to kill him if he didn't make a sequel.

tell hiro to wordfilter shill/shills to pastry savant, legitimately hurts the site

It is some DLC. They already confirmed it at $30. OP is just trying to stir up shit

You be shitposting son

You are so fucking ridiculous. Get fucked, 4 was more of an mgs game than the piece of shit V ended up being. He fucked up 2 of his games, but at least one wasn't fucking sold unfinished.

>Harry Gregson-Williams wasn't as involved in TPP as he was in GZ
You do know they are the same game right, and that they didn't split the production of the OST just because they decided to sell GZ as a paid demo, right?
Williams only composed two themes, Fall of Motherbase and ''She's Rigged''.

The rest of the OST is by Forsell.

>What's so normie about base building?
Leave base building to Clash of Clans you fucking normie
>It was in since Peace Walker and it didn't make the game less fun.
Oh yes it did. It made the game tedious as fuck.

Omission is omission whether you realized it or not
Try to keep up.

KEK. Keep liking your stealth action game without paying attention to the genius story that Kojima has created. Keep being a mindless drone just like the CoD fans. People like you are the ones who encourage devs to create shit story while pumping DLC up the ass, faggot.

Can you prove it does though? All those other guys have been literally showing you picture of how different the carboard boxes are and all you do is ignore them, call them the same, and calling those guys ''blind''.

HAHAHAHA oh my god this looks H O R R I B L E

So what you're saying is Harry Gregson-Williams wasn't as involved in TPP as he was in GZ?

That's what I fucking said, punk. And the OST work was still ongoing in to 2014, after GZ released.

@352313515

That's some awful bait, not worthy of a (You).

>Get fucked, 4 was more of an mgs game
4 was a fucking boring piece of shit.

Only the two first acts had any traces of gameplay, and even then they were on two snoozefests of settings, a Middle Eastern city and countryside in South America.
Then we have Act 3 which is a 2 hour long chase, followed by an on-rails section.
Then Shadow Moses which is fucked up by the Dwarf Geckos, and then Act 5 that has literally no gameplay.

The story was awful, the cutscenes were obnoxiously abundant and long, the dialogue was horrible and it ended the franchise in a painfully terrible way.

I doubt it will be. I have a sneaking suspicion that Sony will hamper with it somehow.

Are you saying that a soundtrack that ''Fall of Motherbase'' alone marks the difference between ''A great soundtrack'' and ''Phoned in'' soundtrack?

>"Ugh! Stupid Kojimadrones who like his writing that explores different topics and themes throughout the series of the MGS Saga!"

>"Look at me, I like great "products" and will play anything with the MGS name slapped onto it"

Fucking drones.

See

>It's those evil publishers! The problem couldn't possibly be muh Kojima!

How can people not see that Kojima is the problem after the mess of the series after MGS3? I mean look at 4, PW, and V and just sit there and say "Yep, these games were fantastic, and any poor design choices were OBVIOUSLY the fault of Konami"

Ummmm. No?

>at least one wasn't fucking sold unfinished.
So what, it's still fucking terrible, and considering the ending we got for MGS4, I wish that one ended up unfinished.

>Left them to their own devices
>Was a producer for the game
Problematic for your cause m8

I'm sure this game will play like a dream but everything else will be shit.

>Was a producer for the game
Which means he may have done more than the director of the game itself, or just pass through the studio once a month.
Being a producer of any media is a vague as fuck title.
Daniel Craig himself has credits as producer of his James Bond movies.

If you take info from the 2009 source and the 2011 source, it does indeed seem like he left a concept for the team to do that literally couldn't be done, leading to him trying to damage control it before saying "fuck it" and giving it to Platinfum

What poor design choices? Those games you mentioned made me love Metal Gear more, you have absolutely nothing to back up that the games are shit.

Seeing the mess that MG Survive is, i'll believe both that Kojima left them an impossible task, and that Kojipro is a terrible studio.

Producer in films =/= producer in vidya

Problematic.

P
A
C
H
I
N
K
O

>60 bucks
It's 30$. You better research at what you shit on, instead of jumping on bandwagon.

Wasn't Kojima the producer of MGR too?

Of course, they were just people made temporarily brain dead and behaved just like zombies, so it's completely and perfectly alright.

The only way for this game to not be a scam is if it's free, considering they are going to pump it up with microtransactions and DLCs like MGSV.

The prequels are actual terrible movies while Empire Strikes Back is the only good Star Wars movie with A New Hope and Return of the Jedi being mediocre.

Source?
Also, see

>What poor design choices?
Just from MGSV
>Base building tied to progression
>Certain items tied to progression
>Mission based structure that involves you being placed 2-3 minutes away from key areas in nearly every mission
>No boss fights
>Loading the entire map each time a mission loads, even if that mission is in a small area (hidden behind chopper flight)
>Mission structure favours non-lethal while story favours lethal, contradictory and makes no sense

I could literally go on all day about the state of MGSV

>MG Survive will flop
>Death Stranding will sell like mad
This is a fact, none of what anyone says here will change that.
No matter how many times people call each other Kojimadrone, or Konami shill, this is something that's written in stone.
Kojima will succeed, Konami will leave the industry due to their reputation due to their retarded mistakes.

>Daniel Craig himself has credits as producer of his James Bond movies.

They're different things. In film, if an actor is allowed a certain amount of creative control, they're credited as a "producer". If, for example, Daniel Craig disagrees with how Bond would act in a situation given by the script/director, he can request a meeting to discuss how his interpretation of the character would handle this situation. Just as an example, of course, it runs deeper.

In video games, a producer would look over the work and request things are done more to the Directors spec

The funny thing is, it would have certainly required much less work to complete TPP with all the shit that was cut, and it would have sold like hot keks.

In MGS:R he was a "more involved" producer that left them a framework to work towards

In MGR:R he left a script for PG to do with what they wished

You guys looking forward to visiting Afghanistan again?
youtube.com/watch?v=O2I8mFyGbFo

I'm sure it must be jarring for someone who didn't play PW. The one thing that maybe even remotely encouraged going lethal was the second virus outbreak, even then it was more of a symbol of loyalty from the soldiers in Diamond Dogs.

I'll pirate it to see how it is, I guess.

>The one thing that maybe even remotely encouraged going lethal
The entire story is about the group embracing wet work and assassination contracts to fund their revenge. Yet, the game actively punishes you via demon points and being unable to progress if you don't kidnap guards.

How come Survive looks better

except mgs4 and v are the games where konami was most involved, just check out the mgs4 commentaries to know how much power ryan paython of all fucking people had over the production.
A lot of kojima's decisions (like killing off snake and otacon for example) were vetoed by the staff.
You're just pulling shit out of your ass.

You could recruit your targets and Ocelot encourages that you do. Did you even play the game?

>You could recruit your targets and Ocelot encourages that you do. Did you even play the game?
You're missing the fucking point, or you're dense as fuck. The story premise of fucking shit up for revenge (embracing wetwork, killing for money, etc) and the progression (kidnapping) are completely different.

>4 was more of an mgs game

>over the shoulder camera
>have to press a button to get into cover
>OSP is useless because you still have to buy the weapons you find
>instead of infiltrating facilities, you sneak around battlefields occupied by enemies who don't care about you
>no backtracking or exploration even allowed
>no nuclear threat

what about it is like mgs again?

TPP was a PS3 game ported to other consoles. MGSurvive is at least made with next gen in mind.

I think YOU missed the fact that Kaz and Huey are the only characters that encourage violence while Ocelot acts as the voice of reason. Also, Kojima created the game with the thought that it would be an interesting game if he left the tactical decisions almost entirely up to the player.

>I think YOU missed the fact that Kaz and Huey are the only characters that encourage violence while Ocelot acts as the voice of reason
>Encourage violence

The ENTIRE PREMISE is of them becoming demons and fucking shit up. And you're punished for doing that.

Looks fun. Probably will buy it. I loved MGS V gameplay and didn't care about the story. That's why I want more

Because it doesn't have to run on the PS360, and the fog covers up non-existant draw distance.

how are demon points a punishment? It's just a cosmetic thing to indicate you've been an asshole.

Sure

>How are Demon Points a punishment?
>It's just [details part of the punishment]
This fucking guy

Also by killing en masse the game doesn't let you progress beyond a certain point. You NEED to embrace Fulton kidnapping to grow the base and get further in to the game, create new weapons, etc

>they just slapped African plants all over the Afghanistan map
Wew...

The story's also about building an army to help get that revenge.

This. You're being punished for not taking the more challenging route.

Yes they did stupid fuck. The first movie was a mess and thanks to a lot of people it became a thing. For example the whole editing was saved thanks to george's wife, ESB is the one with less george influence and that's why is so damn good.
An hero, movie pleb

>Get fucking told
>Passive aggressive one word reply
Erytime ;)

>Also, Kojima created the game with the thought that it would be an interesting game if he left the tactical decisions almost entirely up to the player.
>tactical decisions almost entirely up to the player
>Can't progress if you don't play friendly and recruit soldiers

You say "decision", I think what you mean is options. Option 1 - finish the mission by kidnapping everyone or Option 2 - finish the mission by fucking everyone up and find yourself grinding it later

The people working on Rising were literally junior staff. Why does no one fact check anymore?

how are cosmetics a punishment? That's my point

>unironically considers Star Wars movies good
>calls other plebs

Do you even kino?

this. it actually looks like the speeds of those two segments were reversed

>how are [being unable to customise your appearance] a punishment?

This fucking guy.

You're just nitpicking user.

>genius story
I could rip off escape from L.A and pretend I also did a good story, gook loving homk

I'll buy, D1 probably too.

I want to play MGSV gameplay with friends. The plot was already a mess with the last kojima, there is no reason to whine about it with konami.

Every kid that bought an early access to any crafting game with zombies will flock to it because it's just metal gear with ZOMBIES

I'm buying it DAY ONE just to spite your faggot ass, OP

Options does seem like a better word, but I doubt you'd kill absolutely everyone if you had marked HVTs. I don't think I got told.n

hey faggot don't talk shit about peace walker

You know what a producer does right?
They basically give OKs for resource allotment proposals (money, time, etc)

He borrowed a lot of elements from Escape from L.A. but there's nothing similar to it at all retard.

You can't deny that the game rewards you for kidnapping everyone and punishes you for killing everyone though mate. I mean come on, the writing's on the wall as far as that one goes. Eventually, even in a lethal playthrough, you're going to have to go back and grind out those S+ ranks to progress further. The only options available to you are whether you do it sooner or later.

Agreed

Exactly, why use zombies when you can fight Ghosts?

Or you do what I did and kill everyone except the elites and legendaries. I eventually became a demon after playing FOB missions entirely lethally.

>gets told
>resorts to memes
You belong on Cred Forums

>games are so easy nowadays that gamers consider cosmetics "punishment"
having to replay the entire game in ninja gaiden 3 because you ran out of continues is punishment, this game alters your appearence based on your morality, it's not altering the gameplay in any way shape or form. Liking the small horn or the big one better is a matter of taste anyway, how do you decide which one is the "punishment"? Are extra costumes punishment too?

Id buy it for 20-40 bux maybe

That's not a lethal route though

>it is LITERALLY just using the corpse of MGS5 and trying to charge 60 bucks for a shitty rehash
Do i fit in yet guys XD

Nigger the said day one it's gonnab e 20-30$ and not 60$ you faggot

Really I interpret Demon points like the chicken hat. Cosmetic punishment for a lack in skill.

>This punishment isn't as bad as this punishment so it's literally not a punishment
THIS FUCKING GUY MAN

>I want to play MGSV gameplay with friends.
You can play MGO3, but none of you Konami apologists seems to care about it, just like you won't care about Survive when it actually releases.

Nobody plays the game entirely lethally

Suck Kojima dick.

I do. Playing MGS games lethal is great.

>I never believe people who critizise the prequels. Just a bunch of nostalgia babies who wanted the same film but with a different skin.
>Prequel was too different from the OT and that's why so many people shat on it.
The prequels have, without a doubt, some of the worst scripts of any Hollywood movie in history. The dialogue is simply fucking terrible. How fucking contrarian do you have to be to defend that garbage?
>Besides, every opinion is always the same from Prequel haters.
BECAUSE THE FLAWS ARE BLATANT AND EASY TO IDENTIFY BY PRETTY MUCH EVERYONE.

I played it, it was pretty fun. Cosmetics are smexy.

It's not a matter of sucking or not.
It's the truth, simple as that.
Konami's reputation is in shambles, no one likes MG Survive, nor it's concept, and Konami has no idea of how to sell the game.
While Kojima managed to make everyone get hyped like never before for MGSV despite the game being a 6/10.

It's the only good part of MGS5 in co-op. Count me in.

Was The Sorrow harder?

Reminder that this was going to be part of the main game, and now Kojima is playing dumb saying otherwise

Played it, but I want a coop too.

But if Kojimbo was still at Konami you would be eating this out of his gook ass.

''How 'bout them zombies ey?'' was a song made by Ludvig Forsell years ago for a movie.
Many of those songs in the first option of the casette tapes are just random songs Forsell made for other stuff.

this is true and I agree that is very probable, even if you suck kojima dick.

Didn't really notice if I'm going to be honest, I consider that part of the game a cakewalk on any difficulty

Im going to buy it and have fun. I like zombie coop shooters.

But if Kojima left is hideo making this?

If Kojima made the game it would be, or at least he would sell it, as something more interesting than a clone of the Call of Duty Zombies co-op mode.
And the trailers wouldn't be garbage.

Just like he falsely advertised 2 and V

What a fucking liar. It has his fingerprints all over it.

good bait senpai

>And the trailers wouldn't be garbage.
This we can all agree on. Kojimbo knows how to hype up shit.

>H-HE'S LYING
My fucking sides, you guys are so desperate.

Metal Gear Solid V is a great software product.

it surely is

No one said shit about the main focus, just that they were in the games. Pay attention.

Pretty much, but those games ended up being one great, and the other being a 6/10
Problem is, MG Survive doesn't even have an interesting or unique concept, in fact, it's been done to death, and it's just a recycle of MGSV's assets, along with a handful of new, poorly made ones.

Nevermind Metal Gear. Do you think Kojima laments the loss of the Fox Engine?

>Konami is freed from Kojima's retarded ideas
>Instead of finally making something good they take one of Hackjima's worst ideas ever and make a whole game about it
>Put in thirst and hunger
>Still no health bar
>Main protag is still mute
>Copypasted Afghanistan and make it even more empty
>Copypasted animations
>All new animations look absolutely horrible
>Copypasted textures and suits from Diamond Dogs
>Doesn't make sense? It's not canon :^)
>Survival game where EVERYTHING you do is done with wormholes
>Instead of building fences and fixing emitters you make them appear outta nowhere because wormholes

It's like Konami is trying to mimic Kojima's retarded ideas (HEY, WHAT IF WE MAKE THE PROTAGONIST MUTE? IT WAS COOL IN MAD MAX XD) making them even worse.

The only thing they haven't done yet is wasting budget on actors.

Death Stranding will be just as bad.

Dayum, is that the PS4 Pro version?
They really improved over the PS4 one.

>yfw you watch the MG:Survive gameplay video and you realize the problem was Kojima and not Konami
Have you apologized and thanked them for this actually fun game yet?

it's a silly spin off in an alternate universe of mgs5, it has nothing at all to do with the series
it looks boring, but it's not worth it to go autist mode about it

So according to Kojima, MGS is about political fiction/espionage and zombies don't fit it with that, but ghosts, telekinesis, magic vocal cord parasites, turning invisible, turning your skin into stone, controlling lighting and fire, super speed, nanomachines, vampires, giant walking mechs, gundams, combat bees, 8 month pregnant women fighting Nazis during the Normandy Beach invasion, robot body parts, roller blading fat guys, magically deflecting bullets and cyborg ninjas all totally fit in just fine?

No, because the gameplay was the only decent thing of MGSV and they are ruining it by making a game that must be played completely differently from MGSV.

>it is LITERALLY just using the corpse of MGS5 and trying to charge 60 bucks for a shitty rehash
>using the corpse of MGS5
>rehash
what the fuck are you even talking about

I enjoy Hideo Kojima games, but that's called being a hypocrite.

What he means is that MGS games were previously focused all on politics and espionage, and that the supernatural stuff was just something on the side.

MG Survive not only makes the focus on the supernatural stuff, but they go with the most boring and generic of the supernatural stuff you could ever make.

Kojimbo is just salty Metal Gear isn't his anymore. Let the bitch cry. He'll feel better once he has a good cry.

who the hell turns into stone

But he has wanted to leave MGS forever.
Now he has complete freedom, he isn't tied to anything, he can make anything he wants, and MG Survive will ensure the franchise dies before Konami ruins what he wrote.

Armored Parasite units.

No, it's calling out MG Survive for what it is.
A unoriginal idea, with boring enemies, and ignoring what MGS is.
All MGS games tried to send a message, the message of MG Survive is that you should prepare your wallet to buy more MB Coinsâ„¢.

>and that the supernatural stuff was just something on the side
Did you play MGS2, MGS3 or MGSV? All of those games have supernatural aspects front and center as a huge part of the story.

>the franchise dies before Konami ruins what he wrote.
MGS4 already happened, and Kojima was the one ruining everything.

It's about subtlety in writing, man.

When they tell you psycho mantis can read your thoughts, you expect him to be some kinda tactical genius or something, which makes it far more hilarious when you find out he actually totally can read your thoughts and much more. And at the end of the day he could have been just any guy without special powers. The base of the story is founded in reality and can be represented through it.

When you go ham like that, you actually destroy what made it Metal Gear. Unless there is a plot twist where every boss in the game i just a guy with a gun I guess, that would be kind of hilarious.

>political stuff was just something on the side

I highly encourage you to replay TPP and spend another 20 hours listening about Wolbachia.

The supernatural aspects are side things like the bosses.
The games feature supernatural elements, but no MGS is focused on them.

No matter how many memes you push, MGSV also tried to push some message.
MG Survive doesn't.
You grind, you kill zombies, and you buy MB Coins.

It's a sterile game designed by 60 year olds in suits looking forward to making some profit.
Fortunately, it'll flop.

To be honest i thought it looked fun. Don't get me wrong, i think is a shitty move, but i didn't like mgsv much, and in my opinion, this game looks more fun.

>he said [in Japanese and we google translated it for you]
Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what he said.

>No matter how many memes you push, MGSV also tried to push some message.
>MG Survive doesn't.
How do you know? Have you played it?

The worse part is MGSURV is coming out next year. Implying they're still tweaking this ruse of a game.

I bet they're still moving all of the MGO3 assets into the game for MB Coins

>implying they don't have translators on hand for interviews
Nice damage control retard.

>how many memes you push

Play TPP again and listen to this shit. Where's the message in vocal cord parasites? Where? What is the role of Codetalker in the story? He sits there and talks about fucking Wolbachia. I'm not defending MGSurvive, I'm just mad they fucking did it again and made it even worse, because this time the story doesn't make sense even on its own.

I know that because it's a game made by guys in the suits.
They don't care about the story.
It's a rehash that exists to make money.

MG Survive has no message just like the latest Call of Duty has no message either.

>MGS2
>Liquid is magically taking over Ocelots body and his henchmen include a vampire who is immortal and a girl who can deflect bullets

>MGS3
>the main villain can control thunder and his henchmen are a 100+ year old man who can photosynthesis, a man who controls bees and a ghost

>MGSV
>the main villain uses a magic flying boy to control his giant gundam mech and control the dead lighting guy from MGS3 who now controls fire instead of lighting

Stop shitposting. You know supernatural stuff has been a main staple in the MGS series since MGS2.

And those are all what the story is about?
The story focuses on all that?

No, they are characters part of the story, the story isn't about them.

>since MGS2
MGS1 had Psycho Mantis and all his shenanigans.

>You know supernatural stuff has been a main staple in the MGS series since MGS2.
Affecting characters.
The story, the message they wanted to push, is not about any of that.
The point of the story isn't ''WOW LOOK AT THIS GUY WHO SHOOTS LIGHTNING WITH HIS HANDS SO COOL''.

What's a better term? "Artistic pieces?"

>no dismemberment
>no physical body damage
>the same 3 hit animations

Looks like shit, jesus christ.

If they were going to make melee a thing they might have at least tried to make it feel good.

Also anyone have any clue what the fuck the enemies are even supposed to be ? They all have a red pyramid growing out of their brainstems and they have no heads...

Games.

>main antagonist is supernatural
>this somehow isn't part of the main story

Fucking Kojimadrones.

If you have such a superficial understanding of a story to think the stories focus on that, then you should stick to games like MG Survive and Call of Duty.

It looks fun. MGS5 mechanics in an zombie survival environment might make it better than mgs5 itself.

You basically just explained his point, dumbo, you didn't counter anything.
He said the games themselves aren't focused on supernatural shit and there you are pointing out the supernatural shit that's part of each game, all of them being a handful of characters.

Guys you cant get upvotes for #fuckonami here

Why are you doing this?

Theres no point. Geoff Keighley doesnt even browse this website.

It is, it's not the focus of the main story though.

The entire point of MG Survive is killing zombies.
In which MGS is the entire point of the story killing super natural creatures?
Their stories have always been about more than killing bad guys.

It was a stage presentation for japanese audience on a Tokyo Game Show, they don't translate shit. Faggot.

>PART of the story
Exactly, you dense fuck.

>suits from Diamond Dogs
Copied by the wormhole tech dude

Exactly, PART of the story.
Not the focus of the story.
MGS1 isn't about Psycho Mantis' ability to know which games you play, MGS2 isn't about Vamp's nanomachine powers, MGS3 isn't about Volgin's Force Lightning, MGS4 isn't about how Psycho Mantis was controlling the B&B's, MGSV isn't about how Psycho Mantis was using the Sahelanthropus.

Fucking this.
We get it. Konami is bad.
Honestly I don't even hate MGSurvive since it's not like the developers have anything to do with the executive decisions. The way I see it 95% of people in the company are completely innocent.

I'm fucking tired of people going
>Yeah Fuck Konami let me sing that song that Totalbiscut wrote about them
Every single time anyone tries to talk about MGS, Castlevania, Silent Hill, etc.

MGSV
>regenerating health
>trailers and Kojima himself posting lies about becoming a demon
>infinite sprint and no stamina system
>CURE is reduced to just critical injuries that you fix by pressing a button
>no FOOD and animals are just there to collect

MG: S
>life is a bar again
>CURE is back and you have to use medical items
>FOOD is back along with Stamina
>critical injuries affect more than just having a red screen
>every trailer has been upfront and laid bare--for better or worse
>confirmed to be less than $60

Same dev team except for one major person and it's already looking better. Not to mention that it's at least trying to do more as a multiplayer-focused spin-off than previous entries like Portable Ops Plus.

ill rent it no question, it doesnt look that bad to me. It looks better than mgo 3, i know im gonna get a decent co-op exp better than mgo 3.

Honestly for $30 I may just say fuck it and buy it to see if it's any good.
Especially if I can get any sort of a discount

Did they ever give a discount for Phantom Pain/Ground Zeroes if you owned the other title or was it only that Phantom Pain gave you Ground Zeroes with a pre-order?

Problem is, MG Survive is a boring, generic zombie game.

I want those features in a stealth military game, in an operator simulator, not in a boring zombie game, specially when there are zombie games with gameplay made from the scratch for zombie games, and not this butchering of gameplay meant to be a stealth military game.

There's no need to, Konami's reputation is dead, nobody likes MG Survive and it is going to be 2017's Battleborn.
This is just idle discussion regarding how horrible this game is.

I only want MG Survive to come out to see if the guy making Infinite Heaven can put those survival features in MGSV.
I'm sure as hell not going to pay money for this cheap and lazy Call of Duty cash in.

But MGSV has already done well for this kind of gameplay with the Parasite Zombies and the Skull Unit. They already confirmed that the Crystals won't be the only enemies, so there's still more that can be added to the game in terms of the Skull Unit, the off-screen Metal Gear in the reveal, possibly rival XOF soldiers also sent through the wormhole, and more.

Not to mention, this is going to be a $30-$40 spin-off that isn't going to be a mainline title. Complaining about this not being a military stealth shooter is about as valid as complaining the same about AC!D. It's just a spin-off.

>supporting kojima-less konami

I'd like to say that I have been arguing randomly into this thread for half an hour even though I have never even played a MGS game and it was very nice and passionate. I'll be going now.

>But MGSV has already done well for this kind of gameplay with the Parasite Zombies and the Skull Unit
Not at all, the boss fights are the worst part of MGSV's gameplay, and the Skull puppets are there just to annoy you in the boss fights.

>It's just a spin-off.
This wasn't the moment for spin offs.
This was the moment to, by Konamis words, ''earn the fans back''.
You do that by paying attention to what people wanted.
What people wanted was MGSV to be finished somehow, some people were simply desperate for more content, no matter what.
If they did, they would show that they do care about what the fans want, and maybe they would pay attention and the franchise had a future.

But in the middle of this shitstorm, they come at us with a spin off?
A lazy zombie spin off?

>It's just a spin-off.
That's the problem, that they came to us with a spin off.

You're a fucking idiot, goddamn.

And the point goes to the other user.

this is probably too long ago already, but for those guys talking about the boxes...
even if you scale down and re texture the box, remove the flaps, literally besides a cube framed hit box, what the fuck else is the same? the concept of a box? the size and textures are the only defining aspects of the boxes. if you make a cube and then add a texture you literally have an entirely new box asset. what is the point of resizing something from another engine, then adding a new texture, even if they idiotically used the same simple dimensions from mgs2, how is that reuse when all that was used was a fucking frame? the only thing you reused was a fucking simple 4 second to produce cube. this is the stupidest fucking thing I ever saw argued here.

No the problem is they are making us pay for a spin off. Which stems from the bigger problem of gamings having no more fucking morals.

It's a non-canon spinoff. Save your outrage for when they fuck up mgs6.

reminder that Konami can't rape Metal Gear any more than Kojima already did by releasing TPP

>Not at all, the boss fights--
Take a moment, install Infinite Heaven, and then tell me that Skull Encounters in free roam aren't some of the most intense things that MGSV has to offer. The game's free roam is stunted and shallow until you provide that tension where a simple soldier extraction is interrupted by a sudden mist and the soviets are now stumbling around. Turns the dial up to 11 when you're trying to get by without either the soldiers or your movements alerting the Skulls. The same concept can be transferred to alerting groups of crystal zombies which build up to the hordes seen towards the end of the gameplay footage.

>What did the fans want?
This is actually an interesting question to take into account. Survive does a lot for what the fans asked for.
>better implementation of the Skulls
>co-op for MGSV
>wilder missions for MGSV
>more focus on MSF soldiers
And yet, everyone does a huge heel turn. Suddenly the people who wanted more wild content like Peace Walker's Poyan and Ghost Photographer can't have it in MGSV.

It works well to facilitate so many people and it's just going to be a standalone expansion, not their next huge project.

user don't tell these shills about Infinite Heaven. Let them stay in their grief.

Why is there only a food system in 3?
Why is there only a psyche system in 4?
You are fucking retarded if you think all the MGS are made to be played the same way.
If you wanted to suck so much MGS Snake eater cock go back to wanking to Eva R34

There's a difference when MGSV is full of animals, dumbass.

>Take a moment, install Infinite Heaven, and then tell me that Skull Encounters in free roam aren't some of the most intense things that MGSV has to offer.
If we are taking things like mods into account I don't even know why we are having this discussion in the first place.

>Survive does a lot for what the fans asked for.
Does it give Chapter 3?
If the answer is No, then it's not what fans wanted.

Also
>more focus on MSF soldiers

Who the hell wanted this?

>no story, bland environments, trivial copy/paste level design, shit soundtrack, shit sound design (especially with character VA), grinding, trivial online aspects, and no boss fights

So all things that will end up in MG Survive. Are you going to blame Kojima for that as well?

Also you are just kidding yourself if you think Konami isn't responsible for the microtransactions-fest of FOBs.

Looks alright, i'll definitely give it a try. Does anyone know if there's a release date, i don't wanna wait years and years for this only to be dissapointed like i was with TPP.

>Same dev team

But that's wrong.

So because there are animals Venom should be eating them raw on the field?
You're not making any sense

>Take a moment, install Infinite Heaven, and then tell me that Skull Encounters in free roam aren't some of the most intense things that MGSV has to offer. The game's free roam is stunted and shallow until you provide that tension where a simple soldier extraction is interrupted by a sudden mist and the soviets are now stumbling around.

That would be fine if the Skulls were fun to fight, but they are just bullet sponges.
If you want to add tension, add more troops around the map and constant helicopter patrols.

Why not? It was okay in MGS3.

Venom's idea of how he should act as Big Boss comes from his legend, so of course he should be hopping into rivers and eating fish raw like Big Boss.

Kojimadrones ye gone

The difference between MGS3 and MGSV is the situation.
MGS3's Operation Snake Eater takes what, a week?
And on top of that you are alone, you have no support aside from your radio team, of course you are going to need to eat.

In MGSV you just stay in the battlefield for a few hours, and you have all off DD backing you up.

The most fun I've had with MGSV is when I was dodging spike waves and blasting Skulls with a hunting shotgun until a helicopter blasting the original Love Deterrence flew in and let me hop on and use the minigun to finish them all off.

But having 3-5 Helicopter Patrols while trying to sneak around on the map after a Crash Landing and Cut Comms event is a close second

No, he's right. It's the Kojipro leftovers back at Konami making this.

Peace Walker still had Big Boss eating Raw Fish despite having markers to call in Rations from MSF, which was stronger than DD ever was.

>leftovers

So it's not the same dev team. He's wrong.

>Peace Walker still had Big Boss eating Raw Fish
What?
Where?

>which was stronger than DD ever was.
Aside from having Metal Gear Zeke, this is wrong, MSF only had about 300 men, while Diamond Dogs grew to have thousands.

>This was made by the talented people at KojiPro (most of which didn't follow him to his new studio, btw)

I've read this before about some KojiPro staff being left behind and it's it's a completely bullshit statement with the source being anti Kojima drone's asses. KojiPro was laid off and it is no more. NO NAMES have been named to confirm that former KojiPro talent is still behind this game.

This game is being made by Konami code monkeys.

Enjoy playing on the same map with the same assets as mgsv with little tweaks

It was in a cutscene. Pretty sure it was the one where Big Boss is sneaking to Strangelove's lab that stores the Mammal Pod.

>more men equals more power
In addition to not having a Metal Gear, DD also lacks other elements MSF had such as an airstrip.

>more men equals more power
Pretty much.
They were trained by Ocelot himself.

>DD also lacks other elements MSF had such as an airstrip.
Yeah, but they never put it to use.

Not to mention that the Metal Gear is irrelevant since Venom could destroy it on his own.

Probably not. I don't even mind that they're stealing the Metal Gear name and assets. I've watched the gameplay and it looks like ass.

Is this what I think it is?

>since Venom could destroy it on his own

And while DD has Venom, MSF had both Big Boss and Venom in their ranks. More skilled, better equipment, and more advanced research.

>better equipment, and more advanced research
How?

Strangelove and Early-Huey producing AI mechs and advanced weapons instead of just Late-Huey and his Shagohod rip-off.

tip top bad dlc desu senpai

i never even said i'm gonna play it
just questioning the retarded use of the word 'rehash'

Underrated.

I like Kojima but Kojimadrones are the fucking worst.

>trying to charge 60 bucks for a shitty rehash
they've specifically said it's not gonna be that expensive

To be honest, if it's in the 20 euro price-range, I may get it. I'm slightly interested in it now that I saw a video showing that it may be set in a strange underwater dimension since there's fishes swimming "in the sky".

May be interesting, definitely not a Day 1 buy, maybe a reduced sale buy if it's over 20 euros on Day 1, and even if it's 20 euros, I'll wait a while to see if the game is critically received well if you think of it as a game that isn't Metal Gear, but uses MG assets.

>I'm too fucking lazy to search it up for you.

Not the guy you responded to but I fucking hate when niggers respond with this bullshit, like you sound like uneducated trash when you say something like "GOOGLE IT" or "EDUCATE YOURSELF" because it just shows you're not even that well-versed in the discussion and you're just talking out your fucking ass.

No Kiefer, no buy.

I fucking knew it; all of the MGSV OST sounded like forgettable trash and I thought I was crazy when I thought that Harry Gregson-Williams definitely didn't work at all on the OST but instead got the Paycheck.

Listened to Fall of Mother Base, it honestly sounds like something you'd hear from MGS4 tbqh; I do like that though since I fucking loved MGS4 even though all of Cred Forums hated it until V's release. The whole ending portion of the song (maybe the last minute and 20 seconds?) sound so good and I can remember where exactly in MGSV GZ I heard it (even though that's easy to tell since title is pretty much where you hear it, but I can remember the exact moment the sort of choir singing kinda happened in-game)

She's Rigged sounds like it's straight out of MGS2.

It's so fucking obvious how different Forsell and Gregson are; like listen to the Fall of Mother Base and then listen to V has come to, then ask yourself if you remember exactly where in the game you heard each song, because I guarantee you that you won't really remember where you heard V has come to in the game.

Forsell is just young, MGSV was his first project. Gregson had previous experience to working in MGS, from movies specifically.

I do want to see what Forsell has in store for Survive, though. I think he has talent and only needs some time to grow.

Actually I do, V has come to plays at the beginning when Ocelot tells Venom about Miller's whereabouts after escaping the hospital.
V has come to, OKB Zero, Shining Lights even in Death and Return are the highlights of the OST.
Don't remember when ''She's Rigged'' plays.

And even then, Ludvig is just a kid, and for what he has done is impressive.

TPP's soundtrack is GOAT. There are a whole bunch of different tracks, and you're not hearing the same track over and over again. It has a certain uniqueness to it that the MGS games don't have.

>it honestly sounds like something you'd hear from MGS4 tbqh
Not at all.
Not to mention MGS4's soundtrack is pure samey trash.

>She's Rigged sounds like it's straight out of MGS2.
What?
Listen to the main theme of MGS2 and listen to that thing again, it's just a generic functional track.

I love some of the tape tracks in MGSV. This one was made by the original MG/MG2 composer.

youtube.com/watch?v=uDpfCTzNIQc

*same theme over and over again

V has come to was literally the only fucking song I remember from MGSV, I didn't know he was young, that actually makes me slightly optimistic; my bad on that..

Shit I totally forgot about Shinging Lights even in Death existed, that song was fucking phenomenal.

The fact that Ludvig is a young lad makes me more optimistic for Survive's OST.

Didn't account for that whatsoever, you're right on the fact that you kinda do hear the same track over and over again in MGS1/2/3/4.

I haven't even touched most of the tape tracks unless it was in the "Music Content 2" folder; and even then I got really bored since there was no god-tier songs that could properly add to the whole PTSD soldier shit I was projecting onto muh Big Boss.

Get fucked, what music makes you think of is completely subjective you nigger.

He left Konami in February so I doubt he composed much for Survive, if anything.

Well shit, I don't know who's going to be the Survive composer then.

Forsell is in his early 20's, I remember he looked really young when he received the award at the VGAs.

This man works for Konami and has totally misrepresented what fans wanted out of TPP

what fans wanted
>better 'bosses'
>better 'bosses'
>co op sneaking missions
>deeper missions with more objectives other than 'extract the convoy' and 'extract the guy'
>more variety in missions, story and side op
>livelier mother base

How did a weird ass zombie game come about this? Konami could have given us a game where we co op 3 different random side ops objectives in an mgo map and it would have been 10/10 goty.

He's 28/29.

Shiiiiiiiiet I thought he was a 40 year old idiot that was unable to actually compose;

He may actually git gud.

You guys really have to be shitposting if you didn't like the gameplay of MGSV. It was some of the smoothest in the franchise.