Discuss

Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utility_maximization_problem
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The artist is a retard and so are you for posting him instead of making your point yourself

First post best post
sage

hollywood and the movie industry is bloated and greedy.

Paris is the best character tho.

this is only accurate if you feel the time was not wasted. However, a counter argument would be that the more time you spend locked into a form of entertainment is less time to be doing something more productive. Kind of like how mmorpg consume vast quantities of time for little chance of developing something useful.

you misspelled The Doctor

Judging the value of a piece of media by the amount of time to money you got out of it is retarded. That's not to say shitty devs should pump out 6 hour long games and sell them for full price though, there's a line.

hes not even a real person

I dont go into a movie expecting it to last as long as a videogame, so this arguement is stupid. Determing the value of something with how much time you spend with it isnt a good way to determine value as some of the greatest games I've played can be beat in a relatively short amount of time, while some of the worst games I've played have gone on too long and ended up being shit and I felt I wasted my time.

>(except for the poems)
>Hipster response to overhyped movies
>Liking voyager
>Getting Stalker " on a whim "

Chill guys, this is such an obvious attempt to rustle Jimmies.

Also, this:

The only movie theater near me is an hour drive away going one way.

Really tells me a lot about the health of the industry.

>didn't like Django

opinion fucking discarded. literally his best work

>Really tells me a lot about the health of the industry.

It should probably tell you more about the health of your dying city.

The movie industry is booming, but sadly in not all the right ways.
Pros: More profits, better technology at theaters, crazy huge budget films
Cons: 90% of films that play in major theaters are heavily controlled by the studio so as a consumer, we get less variety from bigger names.

The film industry might be booming, but I dont think that applies to the cinema industry.

How fucking autistic do you need to be to get 183 hours out of fucking SoC?

Bottlenecking AI: The Game

Even if it was the best of his work, that's not a grand achievement

>(except the poems)
Disgusting.

If its just about the price/time spent-ration, everybody should just start to play traditional games like chess or go, since you can spend your entire life perfecting these games.
Either way, the argument of the comic artist is pretty dumb, since time spent does not equal time spent meaningfully. For example, studying a topic by reading about it might have a bad money/time ratio, but its way more productive and meaningful than playing a game or watching a sci-fi show.

We had a theatre. It closed because they changed how movies are displayed (again) necessitating they buy new equipment (again). Rather than do that the owners closed up. No one will sell anything for the old gear either, period.

The equipment's probably changed a few more times by now.

I suspect it's the industry trying to gouge the cinemas.

>Not liking Django
I see the racist finally outs himself.

>paying $16 for a movie ticket

what shithole does the guy that made this live in?

Also who the fuck pays $200 for a TV show box set? Most I've seen a a good bit cheaper and even if I'm remembering wrong there's shit like netflix nowadays.

greetings reddit

>Book I actually finished

How to spot a bookfag?
He will tell you

This.

Movies grossing well doesn't equal cinemas themselves making money. With all the overhead and the chunk they have to give to the industry for the privileged of showing their rehased crap to the masses, the margins are thin.

And what I posted here. Personal witness to the projector gear changing several times rapidly, and sale of old parts ceased in every case. The final time they even changed the film itself so it wouldn't work with old projectors.

Every cinema in the country would have had to put up with that, and they need to replace their gear for every single screen every time.

I liked inglorious basterds more, but I agree that artist is a fag for not liking django

>not liking Django
It's not even one of my favorite movies, but come the fuck on, it was silly as fuck, how can you not like it?

I can almost guarantee it's because they said nigger a bunch of times

>le "entertainment is a waste of time, adults should work nonstop" meme
ebin

I'm okay with a $60 game only being 6 hours if it's fucking good and has some replay value. Case in point, Platinum Games. Transformers Devastation is far from a masterpiece and it's like five hours long at best for a single run but I probably ran through it four or five times and if I didn't have a backlog a mile wide I'd do it another five times easily.

>18 hours to finish LOTR
Slow reader. I think 9 hours should be enough. Maybe 10.

I should make my own version. Except price for everything is zero.

>Paying 200 bucks to sit through 130 hours of Voyager

What a retard. DS9 is much better and Dukat did literally nothing wrong

>not liking Django

Look we all know this artist is a retard okay.

Kim gets up to way better hijinks that Paris, and is much more interesting of a character to watch develop.
And his obsession with Seven is the best.

Any major or medium city in the US? IMAX and 3D stuff are up to $18 and $20. The only places it's cheaper than that are the weird non chain theaters that pop up here and there and shithole backwoods areas.

>Django better than Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs
>"best" means good
fuck off Quentin

The only good joke from Friends

Joey: Why are you call him "Gandalf"
Ross: Gandalf the Wizzard hello "Lord of the Rings" haven't you read it in high school?
Joey: In high school I had sex

>I'm okay with a $60 game only being 6 hours if it's fucking good and has some replay value.
if it has replay value it is no longer a 6 hour long game

>IMAX and 3D

That explains it, i'm not retarded enough to care about gimmicks like that

I dont get his train of thought at all? Why does he shift between "Videogames are great value and can express ideas" to "Videogames are glorified childrens toys"

Are you 15 or 16?

>didn't like django unchained
opinion discarded.

Because he just writes shitty comics for cracked and they paid him to say something different

but video games are a combination of words, moving images, and pleasing sounds

didn't this guy flip his opinion recently on video games and started shitting on vidya

>implying any cuckantino movie is good
They're all shit.

fuck off newfag

THEY'RE NOT POEMS THEY'RE SONGS

THIS MOTHERFUCKER BARELY EVEN SKIMMED THIS SHIT

>Books having less meaning than videogames
I'm amazed that they can even draw.

Considering his own shitty comics have dumb as trains of thought (along with walls of words) I wouldn't hesitate to believe he is that stupid.

It's likely just cognitive dissonance at work. Praise a thing then shit on it the next moment even outside your own awareness of the habit. Doing so whenever it's convenient for your current point.

Because it went from being cool to like video games as an underappreciated artform to hating videos games as a representative of our oh so sad and sick misogynistic culture.

When you view life as nothing more than an endless wrestling match for status with other pseduo-intellectuals, you gotta move with the times.

Because he argues that he "aged out of them"

Holy shit how do you retards not understand this, it's not fucking complicated.

He's an utter retard but this shit is simple

probably to fit the fad.
the right strip was made shortly after it was a trendy thing to spit on video games by social medias

Bahaha I see what you did there, "cuckatino" fucking genius haha

Really makes you think.

I've never agreed with this mindset. Even if some form of entertainment is only a few hours long, as long as I enjoy it that's all that matters. I've paid £532 just to go to one football match and had the time of my life.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utility_maximization_problem

MODS!

>Trekfags
go and stay go

This is complete nonsense
>STALKER
>Female characters

I imagine the mindset grows more common as the common worker earns the same amount of money while everything around them costs more.

It is impossible to quantify entertainment value. Enjoyment is not something you can boil down to a number and most people enjoy more than o e for of entertainment anyway.

this is probably the worst chart i have seen in my life lol

>lol
We can't say "lol" on Cred Forums anymore. Say something like "kek" or "lel".

>STALKER
>Female characters

Reminder that books are by default the most intelligent form of entertainment in existence and if you disagree then you're just a mouthbreather who spends 1/4th of his life playing shiny pew pew games.

Very much this.
Anything that takes a lot of time probably really isn't engaging.
I play ARMA and spend an hour sitting around preparing and traveling before actually getting to a mission.
I can grind in a turn based RPG and not even be paying attention while my numbers are going up.
I could play something like Minecraft and the vast majority of the time is spend just wandering around and digging aimlessly for resources or something to do.
I may play some MMO and every one of them are just fucking slow in everything you do.

Meanwhile I can play some level/mission based action game that keeps the bullshit to a minimum and nearly 100% of my time is spent doing things. If the game is really good and not completely static, then I may spend hundreds of hours on it because it's fun to replay content, but more likely it's the kind of thing you play once for a few hours and you're done with it.

>Watching Grass Grow
>Price: $0
>Time Spent: as much as you can afford
>$/hr.: infinite
Looks like we have a new winner! If you are so concerned about dollars per hour, then literally anything that doesn't cost money will always come up ahead. You could spend all your time sleeping, exercising, or staring at clouds and get a better value for your money spent than playing video games.

I want to end my life

>getting mad on a video game board that someone is praising video games

>praises games for the wrong reasons while being a dumbass about almost everything
Everyone here has the right to be mad

I don't consider my time as being something to waste. I've spent 2 hours watching a life changing movie and wasted hundreds in TF2

>Trying to comprehend this chart

After serious thought you are supposed to look at a game of your choosing, review the four corner topics surrounding the game and progress to the "verdict".

It's entirely pointless.

>Comparing a movie he didn't like with a game he did

Unless he hates all movies this doesn't compare the mediums fairly. No idea if that's what he's trying to do though.

All I get out of this image is that it implies Gone Home is what "modern notions of gameplay" are, which is really fucking depressing

Whether he liked Tarantinoshit or not, it wouldn't change the length of the movie or how much it cost.

It's the opposite. But the whole chart is just a horribly complex way of saying "video game opinions are subjective"

Literally burning your wallet by the QTE

Thanks

Guys I figured out this shitty fucking chart. You have to follow the arrows straight out from the game (except in the case of Batman on the top). For instance, if you're playing DARK SOULS for A FEELING OF EXPLORATION then it's a MUST PLAY.

That said it is a fucking garbage chart and this guy should feel bad.